: Ahri Needs More Damage
"~~Ahri needs more damage~~" Dark Harvest + Lichbane needs more damage.
Stone766 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pYMl6w4i,comment-id=002a00000000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T08:42:22.341+0000) > > LOL, So delusional. > > Being permanently stealth-ed along being able to proc her W for free with her empowered point and click E Nuke which allows for follow up with Q and R. So much more skillful then Ahri's linear skill shot that you actually have to land in order to maximize her damage. So Eve's so called skill shots are really not skill-shots at all when you are going to be in the opponents face while they are charmed. Eve might as well be a point and click champion. > > Oh, not to mention that Eve is allowed to have built in void staff passive with her W that does an enormous bonus base damage of 450 with 60% AP scaling. What's more is that she is allowed to do 4% (Plus 2.5% for every 100 AP) of your max health. That doesn't even include the runic, lich bane and electrocute procs. > > Your precious Eve is sitting is only 1% behind Ahri in her Win rate except the difference being that she is sitting at a 31.9% ban rate to Ahri's 6.6% I don't know how I can make you understand your wrong, because of how ignorant ahri mains are. Her stealth doesnt mean shit. If it really gets to you then that means you dont buy control wards and you are a bad player. She can be countered so easily, your just bad if you have a problem with her. Once again, if you dont land the skill shot with Q chances are you will not land the charm. Eve's skill shot moves at a much slower pace then Ahri's mach 10 no skill charm too btw so it requires more skill. You obviously have not played Eve at all so you do not know this. Evelynn has a high ban rate b/c the league community is dumb. Yasuo has a high ban rate but he isn't OP whatsoever and if you think he is, then you are hardstuck bronze. How ignorant are these ahri mains i swear dude
> [{quoted}](name=Stone766,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pYMl6w4i,comment-id=002a000000000002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T16:17:10.718+0000) > > I don't know how I can make you understand your wrong, because of how ignorant ahri mains are. > > Her stealth doesnt mean shit. If it really gets to you then that means you dont buy control wards and you are a bad player. She can be countered so easily, your just bad if you have a problem with her. > > Once again, if you dont land the skill shot with Q chances are you will not land the charm. Eve's skill shot moves at a much slower pace then Ahri's mach 10 no skill charm too btw so it requires more skill. You obviously have not played Eve at all so you do not know this. > > Evelynn has a high ban rate b/c the league community is dumb. Yasuo has a high ban rate but he isn't OP whatsoever and if you think he is, then you are hardstuck bronze. > > How ignorant are these ahri mains i swear dude "Her Stealth doesn't mean shit" "Eve's skillshot moves at a much slower pace then Ahri's" "If you don't land the skillshot, you won't land charm" "You obviously have not played Eve." "Eve has a much higher ban rate because the league community is dumb. Yasuo has a high ban rate but isn't OP." I am actually convinced you are trolling at this point.
Stone766 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pYMl6w4i,comment-id=002a000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T01:52:08.671+0000) > > Eve player says she takes more skill then Ahri. > > Don't make me laugh. Are... are you kidding me? Eve cannot 1 shot someone after missing all of her abilities like ahri. Every tier list has Evelynn's skill level as "intermediate" and Ahri's skill level as "Easy". That's coming from the pros themselves. You are just ignorant.
> [{quoted}](name=Stone766,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pYMl6w4i,comment-id=002a0000000000020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T02:53:38.952+0000) > > Are... are you kidding me? Eve cannot 1 shot someone after missing all of her abilities like ahri. > > Every tier list has Evelynn's skill level as "intermediate" and Ahri's skill level as "Easy". That's coming from the pros themselves. You are just ignorant. LOL, So delusional. Being permanently stealth-ed along being able to proc her W for free with her empowered point and click E Nuke which allows for follow up with Q and R. So much more skillful then Ahri's linear skill shot that you actually have to land in order to maximize her damage. So Eve's so called skill shots are really not skill-shots at all when you are going to be in the opponents face while they are charmed. Eve might as well be a point and click champion. Oh, not to mention that Eve is allowed to have built in void staff passive with her W that does an enormous bonus base damage of 450 with 60% AP scaling. What's more is that she is allowed to do 4% (Plus 2.5% for every 100 AP) of your max health. That doesn't even include the runic, lich bane and electrocute procs. Your precious Eve is sitting is only 1% behind Ahri in her Win rate except the difference being that she is sitting at a 31.9% ban rate to Ahri's 6.6%
Stone766 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ranmiaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pYMl6w4i,comment-id=002a0000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-16T23:37:15.148+0000) > > you're actually saying ahri takes no skill, when her damage completely depends on landing the charm, which is a skill shot, unlike braindead eve lmao, its actually hilarious that somebody who plays eve and trundle is trying to say anything about not taking skill lmfao, dirty eve abusers... actually no skill or brain required for that champion, miss your skill shot for charm? oh not biggie just q spam afterwards for the point and click charm... from stealth hahaha You are completely wrong. Eve's Q is a skillshot yknow, in fact Evelynn is literally Ahri if she required skill. Because she is literally a harder ahri. Evelynn is much easier to counter as well, because a control ward has the ability to ruin the entire game for an eve. Like as long as you invade + ward the enemy evelynn early game she is done. This is why Eve is hard to play, you need to form a strat around avoiding this. Also if ur skillshot misses, chances are you will not get your charm. Evelynn is tricky to play. Although I agree that Trundle involves no skill. He's just fun to mess around on :) And even then 99% of my ranked games are with Evelynn and noone else.
> [{quoted}](name=Stone766,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pYMl6w4i,comment-id=002a00000000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T00:12:31.690+0000) > > You are completely wrong. Eve's Q is a skillshot yknow, in fact Evelynn is literally Ahri if she required skill. Because she is literally a harder ahri. Evelynn is much easier to counter as well, because a control ward has the ability to ruin the entire game for an eve. Like as long as you invade + ward the enemy evelynn early game she is done. This is why Eve is hard to play, you need to form a strat around avoiding this. Also if ur skillshot misses, chances are you will not get your charm. Evelynn is tricky to play. > > Although I agree that Trundle involves no skill. He's just fun to mess around on :) And even then 99% of my ranked games are with Evelynn and noone else. Eve player says she takes more skill then Ahri. Don't make me laugh.
: She has 3 damaging abilities and a lich bane passive I'm not seeing the problem. May have been a Different case, but the old akali had a similar damage spread but her E basically did no damage and was recommended only to use when absolutely necessary. Zoe's E travels further through WALLS. The maximum range outside of that is mid-ranged at best and has a slower travel time. The puddle it leaves behind does last much too long but at the moment so does ahri's charm duration. She's top tier for a reason and fucking stomps Zoe in every category and every combative scenario that isn't a jungle fight. Its your fault for not having your jungle warded and letting her abuse that. It is your fault for not at least having a relative guess as to where she currently is. Her W is admittedly stronger. You're complaing about the power creep from her R?? What do you think Ahri's E buffs were made to compensate? I've been playing for much longer than you and I've practically memorized how to fight Ahri by this point I've got plenty of experience. What's the problem with being ult reliant? What's your problem with a lich bane passive? Seriously i would love to know. What rank are you even? If you're going to come in on my post talking shit like I don't know what I'm talking about you'd god damn better either have been playing longer than me or higher ranked. Nb4 I've got less than 150 games on ranked. I'm a norms player. You're literally just crying because you don't like that she has a burst mage playstyle. IN what scenario will you take just as much if not more damage from Ahri landing her **body/minion blockable** E on you and landing 3 of her spells on you (3 of which are auto tagetted and prioritize champions for you) than Zoe landing her **body/minion blockable** E on you and then landing her **body/minion blockable** Q and auto attacking you (which she can actually mess up because it isn't automated.) -_-
> [{quoted}](name=AMADEUSdotEXE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8O5kOFFO,comment-id=0003000000010000,timestamp=2018-08-05T05:37:03.971+0000) > > She has 3 damaging abilities and a lich bane passive I'm not seeing the problem. May have been a Different case, but the old akali had a similar damage spread but her E basically did no damage and was recommended only to use when absolutely necessary. > And this here is where reading comprehension eludes. First off, it isn't that she has 3 damaging abilities, **it's how they WORK and how much damage they do. ** > Zoe's E travels further through WALLS. The maximum range outside of that is mid-ranged at best and has a slower travel time. The puddle it leaves behind does last much too long but at the moment so does ahri's charm duration. She's top tier for a reason and fucking stomps Zoe in every category and every combative scenario that isn't a jungle fight. > Ahri's E is fixed range, doesn't go further when lined up with the terrain, doesn't become a trap if it hit's nothing and doesn't have a bigger hit box. There is 2 stages of CC from Zoe's E. Slow, then Sleep for a total 4 seconds to Ahri's 2 at max rank. Big difference. > Its your fault for not having your jungle warded and letting her abuse that. It is your fault for not at least having a relative guess as to where she currently is. Her W is admittedly stronger. You're complaing about the power creep from her R?? What do you think Ahri's E buffs were made to compensate? I've been playing for much longer than you and I've practically memorized how to fight Ahri by this point I've got plenty of experience. > Warding has absolute fuck all to do with any of my points. We are talking about champion kit differences, not general game knowledge. > What's the problem with being ult reliant? What's your problem with a lich bane passive? Seriously i would love to know. What rank are you even? If you're going to come in on my post talking shit like I don't know what I'm talking about you'd god damn better either have been playing longer than me or higher ranked. Nb4 I've got less than 150 games on ranked. I'm a norms player. What's the problem with Ahri being Ult reliant? Nothing. That is the way it SHOULD be. This is where you fail to acknowledge the difference between Zoe and Ahri and I am not going to regurgitate my point as to why. Do yourself a favor and do a quick search on lol wiki and compare the difference in base damage and ap ratio power between Q, W and E. I don't give a shit if you are a Korean challenger player or if you have been playing the game since it's beta if your game knowledge is questionable. I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you cannot be THAT delusional and you're just pushing a champion bias agenda or just don't want to accept that the majority of the community overwhelming dislikes Zoe and considers her to be one of worst designed (if not THEE worst) champion in the entire roster. You claimed that Zoe is much more fun then Ahri but fun factor does NOT equal champion balance. Period.
: Go play Zoe and go play Ahri and tell me Ahri's lower cooldown spell rotation does less damage than zoe once Ahri gets ludens. fuck it you want me to send you a clip of my last game. This arguement is absurd. Ahri has just as much range as zoe when you factor in their mobility. i seriously hate the arguemnt people make when they say ahri is low ranged when her Q has just as much if not more range than zoe's **minion/body blockable** Q that takes a taon of set up and has a similar if not smaller hitbox.
> [{quoted}](name=AMADEUSdotEXE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8O5kOFFO,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-08-05T04:41:06.436+0000) > > Go play Zoe and go play Ahri and tell me Ahri's lower cooldown spell rotation does less damage than zoe once Ahri gets ludens. fuck it you want me to send you a clip of my last game. This arguement is absurd. Ahri has just as much range as zoe when you factor in their mobility. i seriously hate the arguemnt people make when they say ahri is low ranged when her Q has just as much if not more range than zoe's **minion/body blockable** Q that takes a taon of set up and has a similar if not smaller hitbox. Lmao, the ignorance is just astounding. You can stick your head in the sand if you want to but that doesn't change the fact that Zoe has higher overall base and AP ratios then Ahri. Lich bane passive? Check Q Massively power creeped that's basically Nidalee's old nuclear spear damage? Check W that is basically Ahri's W except deals MORE damage, gives movement speed, steals summoners spells and gets item actives from minions?! OMEGA motherfucking LOL! Getting redemption at level 2 and being able to one shot the creep. I mean WTF was riot even thinking!? E That travels further when lined up with the terrain (Similar to bards Magical Journey) with a large as fuck hitbox that can still activate with a longer CC? Now it's just getting ridiculous. R The fact that it does no damage means her basic spells in general had to be power creeped. Just used to help maximize the distance of paddle star. Like come on Bruh. I know you cannot be that biased [EDITED BY MODERATION - ULANOPO] but hey, whatever is considered your reality then you can be entitled to it. You want to know the big difference here is? Zoe is not Ult reliant because all of her damage is in her basic abilities! {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
Audhulma (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NineTailedMystic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h7xncNa0,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-08-04T02:33:16.324+0000) > > Except nothing but Electrocute, buffed Ignite, and an underleveled Sona made this happen. Not her recent buffs to E. > [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h7xncNa0,comment-id=000300000002,timestamp=2018-08-04T02:58:38.031+0000) > > Ahri also used MORE THAN 50% OF HER KIT to the most if not squishiest support in game. > > So what, you want her targetted ability to do ZERO damage? Will you be happy if Ahri got skill shot on her W and R instead and have it much stronger? Lol People, I'm not complaining about Ahri. Whether she's balanced or not right now, I personally don't know and don't care either way. It's specifically the notion that whiffing everything and still walking away with a kill or almost a kill that I find stupid. Doesn't matter what champion we put in this scenario, it's the idea that that result should be natural and common that is stupid. That particular post may not have made that clear, but my following posts did point that out
> [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h7xncNa0,comment-id=0003000000010000,timestamp=2018-08-04T04:41:48.304+0000) > > People, I'm not complaining about Ahri. Whether she's balanced or not right now, I personally don't know and don't care either way. It's specifically the notion that whiffing everything and still walking away with a kill or almost a kill that I find stupid. Doesn't matter what champion we put in this scenario, it's the idea that that result should be natural and common that is stupid. That particular post may not have made that clear, but my following posts did point that out You care enough to make a post about it. Sona had no excuse not buying MR for being one of the squishiest champions in the game.
: What's The Attraction To Ahri?
What exactly is the decipher here OP? You are over analyzing a simple concept.
: > [{quoted}](name=free software,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6rtIHba,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-09T00:39:17.908+0000) > > My problem with Kai'sa is that her lore suggests she should be covered in scars, sleep deprived and underfed, yet her appearence completely contradicts that. For someone who had to survive in the void, she shouldn't look like a victoria secret model. I understand sex sells, but there's just no reason for it to be there lore wise. This sums it up nicely. I actually LIKE sexy Champions, and the "V-neck" isn't what bothers me at all. Its the disconnect between her lore and her design. She even mentions how "people are afraid of her" and as a viewer, I'm not convinced by her design. Which is a problem with the design. She doesn't have to be totally effed up, but something is lacking in her design. There's a difference between "having sexiness as part of her identity" and "being super sexy makes no sense". Kai'Sa is the latter. I'm fine with someone like Katarina, who's sexy, doesn't NEED to be, but is fine being sexy. It helps that Riot has been better about giving a variety of sexy ladies instead of solely big boobs slim waist.
> [{quoted}](name=AbiwonKenabi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6rtIHba,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-09T01:27:03.733+0000) > > This sums it up nicely. I actually LIKE sexy Champions, and the "V-neck" isn't what bothers me at all. Its the disconnect between her lore and her design. She even mentions how "people are afraid of her" and as a viewer, I'm not convinced by her design. Which is a problem with the design. She doesn't have to be totally effed up, but something is lacking in her design. > > There's a difference between "having sexiness as part of her identity" and "being super sexy makes no sense". Kai'Sa is the latter. I'm fine with someone like Katarina, who's sexy, doesn't NEED to be, but is fine being sexy. It helps that Riot has been better about giving a variety of sexy ladies instead of solely big boobs slim waist. And this here is what I am arguing against. Taking video game logic TOO seriously. You are reading way too much into it to find a reason why.
Rioter Comments
: Preview of the Ahri Statue and my opinion
The last one was a long neck, this one is a lazy eye. Lmao.
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eYEGsX7K,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-04T18:03:20.159+0000) > > Salty Miss Fortune main is insecure about their shitty waifu. She's still better than Ahri.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eYEGsX7K,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-04T19:44:55.654+0000) > > She's still better than Ahri. Not even close.
: > [{quoted}](name=wildfox99,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eYEGsX7K,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-04T17:42:21.104+0000) > > what? which one? > > (oh,don't tell me you are another guy that's whining for her skins...) Arcade she was shoved into and she was given the Legendary Star Guardian for no reason beyond popularity.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eYEGsX7K,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-04T17:50:41.960+0000) > > Arcade she was shoved into and she was given the Legendary Star Guardian for no reason beyond popularity. Salty Miss Fortune main is insecure about their shitty waifu.
SunaMy (NA)
: Ahri ult cooldown
That is not the buff she needs. Come on. Use your head.
Cosnirak (NA)
: I strongly disagree because I've played against Ahri plenty since then and it's almost as bad as playing against Yasuo. The constant pressure to deal with her harass and poke and kill pressure is exhausting and annoying. I don't think her Q even impacts her safety all that much in many matchups anyways. Her primary safety is still her R. What Ahri needs to be allowed to gain elsewhere is a big toning down of her aa harass capability and possibly changing her Q return damage from true damage to just more magic damage. But I strongly doubt Ahri players are willing to trade those away so easily.
> [{quoted}](name=Cosnirak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=accEYwQz,comment-id=00070000000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-13T09:32:03.506+0000) > > I strongly disagree because I've played against Ahri plenty since then and it's almost as bad as playing against Yasuo. The constant pressure to deal with her harass and poke and kill pressure is exhausting and annoying. I don't think her Q even impacts her safety all that much in many matchups anyways. Her primary safety is still her R. > > What Ahri needs to be allowed to gain elsewhere is a big toning down of her aa harass capability and possibly changing her Q return damage from true damage to just more magic damage. But I strongly doubt Ahri players are willing to trade those away so easily. Translation: 1. Too lazy to dodge skillshots. Wants free a lane where they can farm and their opponent cannot touch them. 2. Has no history on patch 5.2 where Ahri's Charm damage amplifier was traded for Q movement speed. Win rate jumps to 57% and is completely oblivious as to why. 3. Wants her AA harass to be tuned down (AKA more nerfs when she is already mediocre enough.) Doesn't specify how, doesn't realize if that happens, she wouldn't be able to last hit creeps. Basically the same thing as saying, lets completely remove autos all together. 4. Wants a mechanic removed that has been part of her kit since her inception because once again, too lazy to dodge the second portion of her Q. Typical league of legend players in a nut shell. Wants everything, works for nothing.
: Frankly, I WANT Ahri to lose some of her safety, yes. If the tradeoff for being so safe is that I'm not allowed to actually _do anything_, I'd rather have "kiss of death" Ahri back.
> [{quoted}](name=Raxistaicho,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=accEYwQz,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-01-12T21:35:26.954+0000) > > Frankly, I WANT Ahri to lose some of her safety, yes. If the tradeoff for being so safe is that I'm not allowed to actually _do anything_, I'd rather have "kiss of death" Ahri back. Preach it. Season 4 Ahri is all I want.
: Ahri seems to be in a fine spot for Solo Q. She has an above average winrate with several different keystones. Doubt she will see any competitive play though as historically her winrate has needed to be much higher to see play.
> [{quoted}](name=RiotMadnessHeroo,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=wRUXAmkK,comment-id=00120001,timestamp=2018-01-10T23:49:50.615+0000) > > Ahri seems to be in a fine spot for Solo Q. She has an above average winrate with several different keystones. Doubt she will see any competitive play though as historically her winrate has needed to be much higher to see play. I strongly disagree with that since there are plenty of champions that I have known seen competitive play and most of them are below Ahri's winrate in Solo Q but are more fit for the competitive environment then Ahri's current iteration. That wasn't so much the case in season 4 where she had the damage amplifier on her charm and did not have movement speed buff on her Q. The small buff in July bought her back to competitive play for the last half of the season. The other times that she showed up were mostly due to other champions being cycled out from nerfs and Ahri herself having excessive mobility plus damage. Her current form has too much mobility and not enough damage. I still firmly believe that the movement speed buff is the biggest culprit that should be addressed first.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=MrHaZeYo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YH8RKAYI,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-12-27T07:43:26.996+0000) > > Na man, that's just your opinion. Might be my opinion. It's still a commonly shared opinion.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YH8RKAYI,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-12-27T09:23:20.521+0000) > > Might be my opinion. It's still a commonly shared opinion. Miss Fortune is shit tier.
: Retcon Ahri as Transgender or make a Trans Champ please
: Which Champion Do you Find The Most Attractive?
{{champion:21}} is incredibly overrated. She is not even the hottest redhead. Sometimes I have a hard time differentiating between her and {{champion:55}}. Of the two though, I most certainly rate the latter higher. Hell, I would take {{champion:143}} or {{champion:498}} over her any day. Among the benevolent female champions; {{champion:40}} and {{champion:37}} are the closet they get and the top four hottest. {{champion:103}} still holds the crown as the hottest female champion in the game by leaps and bounds. {{champion:76}} comes in at second but I feel like she gets left out of lists simply because whenever people face one, They don't really like getting spears in their asses.
: Then perhaps you should have opened up with that? There is a whole world of difference between saying "I personally disagree with your suggestions", and saying "Your suggestions are terrible, because I personally disagree with them". The former clearly states a difference in opinion, whereas the latter simply shoots down the proposals and makes it look like you think your opinion matters more than anyone else's. Unfortunately, you chose to say the latter rather than the former, and I would've likely criticized you a lot less if you had recognized how your opinion shaped your arguments sooner.
> [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ufxsKW5U,comment-id=000b0001000000010000000000000000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2017-10-04T01:28:50.995+0000) > > You are allowed to think that, you just need to realize that your own opinion is not the gospel truth. Different people have different opinions, and in order to have a civilized conversation, it helps to acknowledge these differences and try to explain where we're coming from, rather than sit our personal opinion above everyone else's and refuse to try to understand the others' viewpoints. Sorry, what? The community has been and never will be interested in others viewpoints.
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s21RXxKe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-10-03T07:22:41.897+0000) > > No, we need fifty **thousand** different posts on it. > > We need to remind Tyler1 fangirls that they're expressing a double standard by asking for Tyler1 to be free while asking for Sanjuro to be punished. I dunno, maybe we should make things fair and give Sanjuro at least twenty chances.
> [{quoted}](name=tombdragon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s21RXxKe,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-10-03T07:24:29.895+0000) > > I dunno, maybe we should make things fair and give Sanjuro at least twenty chances. I commend the guy for being brutally honest, but he did so at the expense violating company policies and he is considered one of the lead Rioters. For a company that preaches a toxicity free community, the hypocrisy speaks for itself. I got nothing against him, but Riot should be aware of their very own policy.
: every time i read free speech i stop reading the thread and just post this: https://puu.sh/wMbMc/886fcfe7e8.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Squidwards House,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=09NYiLk4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-01T18:11:23.007+0000) > > every time i read free speech i stop reading the thread and just post this: > > https://puu.sh/wMbMc/886fcfe7e8.jpg Pretty much the left's only excuse to cover up their hypocrisy and retreat to their safe space. Just ask Riot Sanjuro. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XQoUpaqn,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-09-30T22:27:50.583+0000) > > Eve is just straight up Dirty. She will be the cause of the ESRB rating change. YES. This will be disturbing. When are girls gonna get any respect
> [{quoted}](name=EAUXEMENTAL,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XQoUpaqn,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-30T23:04:33.848+0000) > > YES. This will be disturbing. When are girls gonna get any respect Uh, I wasn't arguing against Riot's decision to make Eve into a dirty slut. I was making a statement.
: Isn't Ahri the more classy one?
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XQoUpaqn,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-09-30T22:00:15.733+0000) > > Isn't Ahri the more classy one? She is. Despite being the OG charmer, her base lines are a LOT more tame (Even compared to Miss Fortune), but that is because her VO is old. They are still interpreted as sexual except it's more camouflaged. Eve is just straight up Dirty. She will be the cause of the ESRB rating change.
: > [{quoted}](name=GrievousFetus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pko3a8UU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-30T01:14:00.530+0000) > > Just play ADC. I still have Master Yi. (For now) I don't like ranged AD either (too many mechanics and kiting). I like playing League as a strategy game, like chess. Not as a twitch mechanics game, like Call of Duty.
> [{quoted}](name=Dat Master Yi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pko3a8UU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-09-30T01:16:00.911+0000) > > I still have Master Yi. > > (For now) > > I don't like ranged AD either (too many mechanics and kiting). I like playing League as a strategy game, like chess. Not as a twitch mechanics game, like Call of Duty. Hate to break it to you, but you are playing the wrong type of game. If you want to play Strategy games, you got RTS games for that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ahri Carries U,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bd8p2RNt,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2017-09-28T16:13:08.060+0000) > > You don't have to be a "good role model" to be a leader, some people rather follow those who have power and experience just look at how SG ahri views SG syndra vs everyone else views on SG syndra in the lore ffs. > > I also bet she was a "good role model" before her team died, if you think everyone would have stayed "positive" after someone close to them dies then you need to think again. > > Also did you all miss how miss fortune was acting to anyone that is not Ahri/Ezreal/Soraka? She is just as bitter as Ahri is. In most tropes is if a "good leader" is arrogant and rude to everyone around them,they usually turn out to be the bad guy near the end of the show
> [{quoted}](name=ItsShiaLaBeouf,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bd8p2RNt,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T16:26:21.667+0000) > > In most tropes is if a "good leader" is arrogant and rude to everyone around them,they usually turn out to be the bad guy near the end of the show Ahri seemed to be overprotective of Lux and her team despite hardly even knowing them. That is why she is refusing to let her take place in future conflicts.
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=000500010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T03:17:20.449+0000) > > Maybe you should ask Katarina fans that same question. > > From a standard story telling point, you have two opposing nations that are at each others throats. One is considered to have a larger moral high ground. That being Demancia. Katarina isn't exactly known to have such morals to because of the faction she represents. > > But it's a dead give away that she has alternative motives. Lux and Illoai straight up gives the answer in their interaction lines. > > Are you saying that you are basing your argument over the old lore? The old lore is what's on the client. > > If that is the case then that's a poor argument to be ignorant on what platform you are getting your information from. If you wanted the answers bad enough, you would search for them and not be lazy about it. They are on here and wiki website. The client is the last place you want to get your information from. Hoo boy, you are REALLY grasping at straws here... Demacia makes killing legal for just about any justification (see Fiora's lore). Shyvana's justice isn't exactly stern but fair either. Noxians can still hold themselves to a moral code, despite the chaotic nature of how the power structure works. Kled will generally ignore you unless you're trespassing. Katarina will only strike actual targets. Darius will decapitate you if you show signs of weakness. Demacia and Noxus are not "good versus evil", as you claim. They are the extremes of Order and Chaos, with just enough of each to keep a system. And I'm going to remind you that the Runeterra universe is separate from League lore. The game is no longer canon in the Runeterra universe so maybe I'm not wholly ignorant of platform and what counts. What is canon in game isn't necessarily canon in the universe. They are two separate lines and you will have to deal with it. And by the way, I did read Ahri's lore on the website here. She fit my description to a T. Zero character growth other than developing guilt, which she swallows to keep doing what she does. The Vastayan portion does not change her radically enough to avoid my description. Therefore your argument falls flatter than Jinx's chest. If you'd like to contest ANY of that, feel free. Until then, sit down, accept that you're wrong, stop making me waste my time trying to explain what I've already explained.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=00050001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003,timestamp=2017-09-28T05:54:08.383+0000) > > You aren't defining what you see as black and white. So I can't really say. > > You could be wrong, you could be right, it could just be interpretation. So I need to wait until you specify what you see as black and white. I don't see why it's so hard for you to figure it out but fine. Straight from the webpage. Demacia: "Demacia is a strong, lawful society with a prestigious military history. It values the ideals of justice, honor and duty highly, and its people are fiercely proud." Noxius: "Noxus is a powerful empire with a fearsome reputation. To those beyond its borders, Noxus is brutal, expansionist and threatening, yet those who look beyond its warlike exterior see an unusually inclusive society, where the strengths and talents of its people are respected and cultivated." So Demacia is on the line with good and Noxus as Evil. Garen, Lux, Quinn, Poppy ect to me do not come across as Antagonistic. Swain, Cassiopeia, Leblanc, Sion ect do. Riven is one of the few exceptions. Again, this is from my perspective and there is more to the nations and champions they represent. Also, Noxus is responsible for the Ionia invasion so theres that as well.
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=000500010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T03:17:20.449+0000) > > Maybe you should ask Katarina fans that same question. > > From a standard story telling point, you have two opposing nations that are at each others throats. One is considered to have a larger moral high ground. That being Demancia. Katarina isn't exactly known to have such morals to because of the faction she represents. > > But it's a dead give away that she has alternative motives. Lux and Illoai straight up gives the answer in their interaction lines. > > Are you saying that you are basing your argument over the old lore? The old lore is what's on the client. > > If that is the case then that's a poor argument to be ignorant on what platform you are getting your information from. If you wanted the answers bad enough, you would search for them and not be lazy about it. They are on here and wiki website. The client is the last place you want to get your information from. Hoo boy, you are REALLY grasping at straws here... Demacia makes killing legal for just about any justification (see Fiora's lore). Shyvana's justice isn't exactly stern but fair either. Noxians can still hold themselves to a moral code, despite the chaotic nature of how the power structure works. Kled will generally ignore you unless you're trespassing. Katarina will only strike actual targets. Darius will decapitate you if you show signs of weakness. Demacia and Noxus are not "good versus evil", as you claim. They are the extremes of Order and Chaos, with just enough of each to keep a system. And I'm going to remind you that the Runeterra universe is separate from League lore. The game is no longer canon in the Runeterra universe so maybe I'm not wholly ignorant of platform and what counts. What is canon in game isn't necessarily canon in the universe. They are two separate lines and you will have to deal with it. And by the way, I did read Ahri's lore on the website here. She fit my description to a T. Zero character growth other than developing guilt, which she swallows to keep doing what she does. The Vastayan portion does not change her radically enough to avoid my description. Therefore your argument falls flatter than Jinx's chest. If you'd like to contest ANY of that, feel free. Until then, sit down, accept that you're wrong, stop making me waste my time trying to explain what I've already explained.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=00050001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-09-28T04:57:12.136+0000) > > You are wrong in your understanding. If you truly believe that evil does not exist within Demacia, then there's no further discussion to be had because your mind is closed off. > > I gave you two examples and you chose to ignore them. You are wrong and nothing more needs to be said. Now that's ironic. I never said that evil doesn't exists in Demacia as the same could be said that good doesn't exist in Noxus. First of all, when I bring these terms up I am not passing it off as "Objectively true." why? Everyone seems to have their own moral compass and see things differently. You in particular. From my viewpoint, it's black and white. Are you going to say that I am wrong again or are you going to try and enforce yours like you tried when this discussion was suppose to be about Ahri's lore?
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=000500010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T03:17:20.449+0000) > > Maybe you should ask Katarina fans that same question. > > From a standard story telling point, you have two opposing nations that are at each others throats. One is considered to have a larger moral high ground. That being Demancia. Katarina isn't exactly known to have such morals to because of the faction she represents. > > But it's a dead give away that she has alternative motives. Lux and Illoai straight up gives the answer in their interaction lines. > > Are you saying that you are basing your argument over the old lore? The old lore is what's on the client. > > If that is the case then that's a poor argument to be ignorant on what platform you are getting your information from. If you wanted the answers bad enough, you would search for them and not be lazy about it. They are on here and wiki website. The client is the last place you want to get your information from. Hoo boy, you are REALLY grasping at straws here... Demacia makes killing legal for just about any justification (see Fiora's lore). Shyvana's justice isn't exactly stern but fair either. Noxians can still hold themselves to a moral code, despite the chaotic nature of how the power structure works. Kled will generally ignore you unless you're trespassing. Katarina will only strike actual targets. Darius will decapitate you if you show signs of weakness. Demacia and Noxus are not "good versus evil", as you claim. They are the extremes of Order and Chaos, with just enough of each to keep a system. And I'm going to remind you that the Runeterra universe is separate from League lore. The game is no longer canon in the Runeterra universe so maybe I'm not wholly ignorant of platform and what counts. What is canon in game isn't necessarily canon in the universe. They are two separate lines and you will have to deal with it. And by the way, I did read Ahri's lore on the website here. She fit my description to a T. Zero character growth other than developing guilt, which she swallows to keep doing what she does. The Vastayan portion does not change her radically enough to avoid my description. Therefore your argument falls flatter than Jinx's chest. If you'd like to contest ANY of that, feel free. Until then, sit down, accept that you're wrong, stop making me waste my time trying to explain what I've already explained.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=0005000100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T03:46:24.551+0000) > > Hoo boy, you are REALLY grasping at straws here... > > Demacia makes killing legal for just about any justification (see Fiora's lore). Shyvana's justice isn't exactly stern but fair either. > > Noxians can still hold themselves to a moral code, despite the chaotic nature of how the power structure works. Kled will generally ignore you unless you're trespassing. Katarina will only strike actual targets. Darius will decapitate you if you show signs of weakness. > > Demacia and Noxus are not "good versus evil", as you claim. They are the extremes of Order and Chaos, with just enough of each to keep a system. > LOL, what you are doing is trying to make it sound more complicated then it actually is. Nice try but it's pretty apparent that this type of story telling has been cannon for as long as fiction has existed. There is nothing unique or original about it. Most readers have a pretty straightforward perception about it. Others like yourself are trying to twist it from your own viewpoint. > And I'm going to remind you that the Runeterra universe is separate from League lore. The game is no longer canon in the Runeterra universe so maybe I'm not wholly ignorant of platform and what counts. What is canon in game isn't necessarily canon in the universe. They are two separate lines and you will have to deal with it. > I know "The Institute Of War" is no longer cannon. Unfortunately, there are other champions that suffer as well from being designed around the institute of war. More so then Ahri has. > And by the way, I did read Ahri's lore on the website here. She fit my description to a T. Zero character growth other than developing guilt, which she swallows to keep doing what she does. The Vastayan portion does not change her radically enough to avoid my description. Therefore your argument falls flatter than Jinx's chest. > Then perhaps you did not read the same stories I did. Either that, or did not read "Fair Trade" and/or "Garden Of Forgetting." > If you'd like to contest ANY of that, feel free. Until then, sit down, accept that you're wrong, stop making me waste my time trying to explain what I've already explained. I am wrong for comprehending and enjoying my champions lore?
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=0005000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T02:07:37.569+0000) > > And this here is why I don't take you seriously. First of all, who are you to tell we enjoy said champion for the wrong reason? > > I just so happen to like Ahri's design the most and most certainly thought the new lore that was include with the two other stories was a huge improvement over her older lore after riot introduced the Vastaya race. > > You are using the word "Objectively" when the stories around a lore and champion design is around personal taste. You have yet to admit for the fact that your perception is subjective. From an appearance and kit perspective, I cannot argue. If you like it, fine. But you're going to sit here and tell me "I swallow the guilt I've developed to maintain my lifestyle" is character growth. Are you also going to say that it's the decision a good role model makes? From a storytelling standpoint her lore is outright terrible. There is no character growth. There is almost nothing motivating her to change (clear since she has guilt but doesn't do anything except swallow it). If her guilt motivated her to change what she did, then we have something. But until then, it's a flat story with no growth and nothing more than "this is why she exists". Since her Vastayan lore is not what's in the client, I can't count it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Riot. Now, if you still have issues, you have discussion points to work with. If you want to attack me, do it properly. I have said nothing about liking Ahri for her kit/appearance in this thread.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=00050001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T02:48:40.998+0000) > > From an appearance and kit perspective, I cannot argue. If you like it, fine. But you're going to sit here and tell me "I swallow the guilt I've developed to maintain my lifestyle" is character growth. Are you also going to say that it's the decision a good role model makes? > Maybe you should ask Katarina fans that same question. From a standard story telling point, you have two opposing nations that are at each others throats. One is considered to have a larger moral high ground. That being Demancia. Katarina isn't exactly known to have such morals to because of the faction she represents. But it's a dead give away that she has alternative motives. Lux and Illoai straight up gives the answer in their interaction lines. > From a storytelling standpoint her lore is outright terrible. There is no character growth. There is almost nothing motivating her to change (clear since she has guilt but doesn't do anything except swallow it). If her guilt motivated her to change what she did, then we have something. But until then, it's a flat story with no growth and nothing more than "this is why she exists". > > Since her Vastayan lore is not what's in the client, I can't count it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Riot. Are you saying that you are basing your argument over the old lore? The old lore is what's on the client. If that is the case then that's a poor argument to be ignorant on what platform you are getting your information from. If you wanted the answers bad enough, you would search for them and not be lazy about it. They are on here and wiki website. The client is the last place you want to get your information from.
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=00050001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T01:38:55.212+0000) > > You are not here to make discussion. You are here to harass a fanbase for enjoying the champions they enjoy. > > Constructive arguments is one thing, but the thread started by the OP wasn't looking for that and neither are you. I'm not saying they're wrong for liking Ahri. All I've said is that they are enjoying Ahri for the wrong reasons. As in they should not see her as a role model. Her story and lore are objectively terrible (and I've said that MF's is pretty fucking plain as well). And that in terms of character development, there arguably is none or she is choosing to be evil for the sake of being selfish. Now, if you want to harp on me for itemized hate and where it comes from, you are no better than what you claim me to be. If you want to start an actual discussion, I have given you starting points to work with.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=000500010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T01:44:00.215+0000) > > I'm not saying they're wrong for liking Ahri. > > All I've said is that they are enjoying Ahri for the wrong reasons. As in they should not see her as a role model. Her story and lore are **objectively** terrible (and I've said that MF's is pretty fucking plain as well). And that in terms of character development, there arguably is none or she is choosing to be evil for the sake of being selfish. > And this here is why I don't take you seriously. First of all, who are you to tell we enjoy said champion for the wrong reason? I just so happen to like Ahri's design the most and most certainly thought the new lore that was include with the two other stories was a huge improvement over her older lore after riot introduced the Vastaya race. You are using the word "Objectively" when the stories around a lore and champion design is around personal taste. You have yet to admit for the fact that your perception is subjective.
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=000500010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T01:19:35.354+0000) > > Holy fucking shit dude. She is a VIDEO GAME character. You are taking the concept of a "Role Model" and trying to base it on reality. > > And that is where you need to stop. All you have been doing is forcing your garbage opinions down our throats. You are not going to change our minds on champions that WE enjoy just because YOU don't like them. > > I hate Azir. I think he is a shit champion by design both thematic and gameplay wise, but I don't go around harassing their fanbase telling them they have shit taste and are wrong about the champion they enjoy. So... I should shut up because you say so? You are not obligated to read my posts. You are not obligated to reply to me. You are not obligated to be an ass just because you disagree with me. Grow up. Disagreeing with me is one thing. Saying my opinion is shit just because I disagree shows that you're incapable of actual discussion. OP mentioned her as a role model, I explained why she is not a good one.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=0005000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T01:28:28.289+0000) > > So... I should shut up because you say so? > > You are not obligated to read my posts. You are not obligated to reply to me. You are not obligated to be an ass just because you disagree with me. > > Grow up. > > Disagreeing with me is one thing. Saying my opinion is shit just because I disagree shows that you're incapable of actual discussion. OP mentioned her as a role model, I explained why she is not a good one. You are not here to make discussion. You are here to harass a fanbase for enjoying the champions they enjoy. Constructive arguments is one thing, but the thread started by the OP wasn't looking for that and neither are you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2017-09-27T23:19:06.502+0000) > > I think the older Ahri was a better role model because she was able to gain morality and realized what she was doing was a mistake. Meanwhile, she's still doing it just to maintain her lifestyle. What the hell makes you think that's the actions of high moral standing?
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vX5F0KoT,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2017-09-27T23:36:58.367+0000) > > Meanwhile, she's still doing it just to maintain her lifestyle. > > What the hell makes you think that's the actions of high moral standing? Why the fuck do you care so much? Do you have to be in every single Ahri thread forcing your irrelevant opinions on those that enjoy her theme?
Dasdi96 (NA)
: Ahri fanboys (and fangirls) are something.
OP, the fact you are obsessing over what other people like leads me to believe that you are even more cringy then the fanbase you condemn.
: To all of the people I mocked for having waifus…
Wait to it gets to a point were you are going to start obsessing over her and you start feeling insecure that you need validation that your waifu is superior. That is when you need to take a step back and reevaluate your life.
: No you're just bad is all She was fed and you built a freaking lich blade of all things on Ahri
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2MlYGmLv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-25T07:08:06.243+0000) > > No you're just bad is all > > She was fed and you built a freaking lich blade of all things on Ahri Lich Bane is fine on Ahri.
: The Azir rework just looks like a big nerf.
Have you actually tried him on PBE?
: I've never actually read too much into her lore, never touched the new one, but I thought she seduced men into the woods to steal their souls?
> [{quoted}](name=Hello I am Bird,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sp8ZOq6E,comment-id=001c00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-24T19:08:24.350+0000) > > I've never actually read too much into her lore, never touched the new one, but I thought she seduced men into the woods to steal their souls? If you are that curious, why don't you actually read it?
: > [{quoted}](name=A Superb Villain,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0MFIGWsA,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-09-23T21:45:18.521+0000) > > Going over her biography, I believe Sharjo means that her addiction isn't connected to her status as Vastayan. In other words, she doesn't actually need life essence since it is shown she can survive just as easily on normal food. Her addiction stems from her unique powers of living a life vicariously by siphoning the essence of her victims. Doing so provides a high, and the problem that occurs is that this high is a natural consequence of feeding on essence. She experiences guilt because draining a victim of life feels _very_ good, but she quite literally cannot choose to avoid that sensation without giving up on consuming the quintessential qualities of her prey. This over convoluted part, that "she doesn't need to do it, but needs to" is just bad writing in my perspective. That is unless the character is a total maniac that NEEDS to be complicated. Like this dude. {{champion:202}} "Guilt" is a core personality in psychology, and it is a emotion that is designed to "stop" someone from doing certain things entirely for their safety. Ahri feels that emotion, and it is just awkward in character that she just keeps doing it even though she is a sane person. ...unlike this person{{champion:202}} She needs to be a total mental freak to fit in this. And...well I don't want that lol
> [{quoted}](name=Craft Zeppelin,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0MFIGWsA,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-23T21:55:18.303+0000) > > This over convoluted part, that "she doesn't need to do it, but needs to" is just bad writing in my perspective. That is unless the character is a total maniac that NEEDS to be complicated. > > Like this dude. {{champion:202}} > > "Guilt" is a core personality in psychology, and it is a emotion that is designed to "stop" someone from doing certain things entirely for their safety. Ahri feels that emotion, and it is just awkward in character that she just keeps doing it even though she is a sane person. > > ...unlike this person{{champion:202}} > > She needs to be a total mental freak to fit in this. And...well I don't want that lol Maybe bad writing from your perspective but that is because you are completely missing the point on what "Addiction" is. It's the same shit that is dealt with in the real world when it comes to drugs. They ruin peoples lives. Once you start, you cannot stop even if you are aware of the repercussions. That is why it's called "Addiction." Because we are clean, It's easier to say to someone with an addiction to "Stop taking drugs." when we don't understand ourselves exactly what they are feeling and never will. Now think about this. Ever since she was released and people read her lore, they assumed the way she gets life essences is by having sex with her victims. That is because when the writer mentions about her sucking out their essence ends up throwing around the words "Temptation, Desire, Pleasure." Almost like she is a love sick champion with burning hormones that sucked down on a bottle of Aphrodisiac. It's not complicated or hard at all to comprehend. It's her drug and she becomes aware of it. Jihn is not a good comparison because unlike Ahri, he has no remorse or empathy for his victims. He's a morally bankrupt psychopath that believes murder is art. No other further explanation is needed about him. Star Guardian Ahri by the way is irrelevant since it's alternate universe.
: I mean, she got a skin. Outside of the "omg op no nerfs" thing a while ago, those are the only two things to deal with her this year. I guess the vastaya update too.
> [{quoted}](name=NineTailedMystic,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sp8ZOq6E,comment-id=000f000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-23T18:49:42.052+0000) > > I mean, she got a skin. Outside of the "omg op no nerfs" thing a while ago, those are the only two things to deal with her this year. I guess the vastaya update too. Here.... Let me fill you in: 1. Wins every hottest female champion poll. 2. Has THEE most rule 34 content then any other champion. That includes Sona and Miss Fortune. 3. Updated lore that includes not 1 but 2 extra stories. 4. Is in the "Art Of League Of Legends" book. 5. Is the protagonist of the "New Dawn" Cinematic. 6. Is in most promotional artwork. (Almost to the point if not already superseding Katarina.) 7. Became the selected champion as the protagonist of the new star guardian skins. (With new voice overs.) 8. Became an announcer on both summoners rift and the invasion game mode. 9. Got another promotional video in anime form for the new star guardian content. 10. Got more coverage based on her development called "Origins: Ahri." 11. Was in the Top 8 of /r/leagueoflegends best champion contest. 12. Is in the Top 8 of this best champion contest and the only female champion left in the running. All these reasons alone are enough to trigger the ever living shit out of those that think she is the biggest mistake that has ever happened to the game and none of it even has anything to do with her as champion in-game which is another whole can of worms. **[Removed by Moderation]** So her losing here will probably at least help them sleep better night.
: azir is off strong but will he keep the lead with the hundreds of ahri mains on boards
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sp8ZOq6E,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-09-22T23:10:45.108+0000) > > azir is off strong but will he keep the lead with the hundreds of ahri mains on boards Lol! Ahri doesn't stand a chance. There are FAR more Ahri haters here then there are lovers. She had a good run and made it to the top 8 and is the last female champion standing but her run is over.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vHqVEEqE,comment-id=000c000100020000,timestamp=2017-09-15T00:02:31.236+0000) > > Ahri has average range, not long. Her sustain was gutted. > > Annie instead of mobility has a thornmail in her e and aoe stun on ulti, point click stun, and no cast time aoe stun on w. She also has a lot of damage. > > Annie has so much other things that kinda is overtuned. Ahri is losing a lot for having mobility spell in her ulti which has a long cd. Not fair how Ahri is balanced around her ulti when sit has a long cd. She's not balanced around her ult. She's balanced around her entire kit. Ahri's Q range is 880 and charm is 975. You're right her range is basically the same as Veigar's. For comparison, Annie's Q is 625 and the rest of her kit at max is 600. Veigar's Q and W have 900 range. E has 725, but, you know, it's a big AoE, so the end is probably pretty far out there too. R is 650. Annie has the advantages you mentioned. If you want to play a long range mage, try Veigar or Lux. Both have some good range and damage, but you will pay the price in mobility. If you want to play a hero with mobility whose style of play is to wittle down and then go in for the kill when people get low enough, play Ahri. To expect Ahri's single target dmg to be on par with other mages though is unacceptable. I'd be pissed if an Ahri could dash a full screen away to me and do more burst than I could.
> [{quoted}](name=The MechE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vHqVEEqE,comment-id=000c0001000200000000,timestamp=2017-09-15T00:35:17.524+0000) > > She's not balanced around her ult. She's balanced around her entire kit. Ahri's Q range is 880 and charm is 975. You're right her range is basically the same as Veigar's. > > For comparison, Annie's Q is 625 and the rest of her kit at max is 600. > > Veigar's Q and W have 900 range. E has 725, but, you know, it's a big AoE, so the end is probably pretty far out there too. R is 650. > > Annie has the advantages you mentioned. > > If you want to play a long range mage, try Veigar or Lux. Both have some good range, but you will pay the price in mobility. > > If you want to play a hero with mobility whose style of play is to wittle down and then go in for the kill when people get low enough, play Ahri. To expect Ahri's single target dmg to be on par with other mages though is unacceptable. I'd be pissed if an Ahri could dash a full screen away to me and do more burst than I could. Wow, that goes to show what this community really is. Selfish, Stingy, and biased. This post for example isn't about being fair, it's about handicapping champions and their players they don't like.
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y0Fo3tGY,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-14T19:38:09.039+0000) > > The lore does explain that her power fades if she doesn't partake in feeding. She was raised by other foxes so that would only mean that she becomes a hunter in the process. How she got that power? Ok, nobody knows but neither does anyone know how champions like Syndra got hers. She was just....born with it. > > The dilemma she faces is her addiction in consuming human life essence. The more people she kills, the more she regrets doing so. Not a very hard concept to grasp. It's like drugs in the real that ruins peoples lives. Once they start, they cannot stop. Ahri is no exception here. That doesn't change that the level of character development is simply "huh, I feel a little different after doing this for so long". It's terrible. It has ZERO depth and is the same level of initiative as "I'm bored. Let's go on an adventure!" > So that brings us to the "Garden Of Forgetting" and "Fair Trade". The former explains very clearly about the lover she once had. Of course the bond she shared with him was apparently not enough and couldn't help herself by wanting more. That ended up costing his life and became her moral turning point. She **ALMOST** made the mistake of giving up her own memories she had with him and backed out the last second. > > Fair Trade has Ahri exercising self control. She was going to kill the fortune teller because she threatened to cut off one of her tails. Instead she only harvest a few memories to break free of the poison leaving her alive. Meanwhile, it does nothing to make her an engaging character. It is still stuck on her basic formula. > So you are wrong about about Ahri not having any desire to change her morals. The lore and story arcs make that perfectly clear. That wasn't a point of contest. I simply said it was terrible character development. > Where Ahri's story ends is the stones she holds and the name "Ymelo" that Hirin spoke of. > > There doesn't need to be any more closure then that. What those gemstones really are, if they have anything to do with her power, or her addiction to life essences is better off left unanswered. And that's where you're dead wrong. Now she has 3 answers to look for and how they're related. If you're going to say that they're better left unanswered, then I seriously hope you don't waste your time with writing a story with actual plot.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y0Fo3tGY,comment-id=000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-14T19:53:51.090+0000) > > That doesn't change that the level of character development is simply "huh, I feel a little different after doing this for so long". It's terrible. It has ZERO depth and is the same level of initiative as "I'm bored. Let's go on an adventure!" > > Meanwhile, it does nothing to make her an engaging character. It is still stuck on her basic formula. > > That wasn't a point of contest. I simply said it was terrible character development. > > And that's where you're dead wrong. Now she has 3 answers to look for and how they're related. > > If you're going to say that they're better left unanswered, then I seriously hope you don't waste your time with writing a story with actual plot. All of your arguments are baseless opinions with no real explanations. Your attention span is that of a 12 year old with no reading comprehension. So don't preach to me what is considered "Good Writing".
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y0Fo3tGY,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2017-09-14T03:49:00.810+0000) > > Like what? > > Give me an explanation. Ahri is more or less in the same position as Kalista. Kalista in in a spot where she lives as a spirit of vengeance. The League borrows her power to be used in matches. But her story doesn't really have anyplace else to go from here. Will she use her newfound powers to continue acting against those who would betray others? Will she eventually tire of being the avatar of vengeance? Who knows? The point is that there's very little to go off of. Ahri is still stealing souls for herself. She developed some regret but continues to do it. Does that mean she needs them to exist? Perhaps it's because she doesn't really understand emotions? There's only one direction for her to go and that's to find answers, something that may end up a "dead end" story route because once she has answers, she may not have the desire or will to change her ways. Ahri's story is very narrow. There's next to zero character growth because she isn't even required to chase for answers.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y0Fo3tGY,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-14T09:39:06.011+0000) > > Ahri is more or less in the same position as Kalista. > > Kalista in in a spot where she lives as a spirit of vengeance. The League borrows her power to be used in matches. But her story doesn't really have anyplace else to go from here. Will she use her newfound powers to continue acting against those who would betray others? Will she eventually tire of being the avatar of vengeance? Who knows? The point is that there's very little to go off of. > > Ahri is still stealing souls for herself. She developed some regret but continues to do it. Does that mean she needs them to exist? Perhaps it's because she doesn't really understand emotions? There's only one direction for her to go and that's to find answers, something that may end up a "dead end" story route because once she has answers, she may not have the desire or will to change her ways. > > Ahri's story is very narrow. There's next to zero character growth because she isn't even required to chase for answers. The lore does explain that her power fades if she doesn't partake in feeding. She was raised by other foxes so that would only mean that she becomes a hunter in the process. How she got that power? Ok, nobody knows but neither does anyone know how champions like Syndra got hers. She was just....born with it. The dilemma she faces is her addiction in consuming human life essence. The more people she kills, the more she regrets doing so. Not a very hard concept to grasp. It's like drugs in the real that ruins peoples lives. Once they start, they cannot stop. Ahri is no exception here. So that brings us to the "Garden Of Forgetting" and "Fair Trade". The former explains very clearly about the lover she once had. Of course the bond she shared with him was apparently not enough and couldn't help herself by wanting more. That ended up costing his life and became her moral turning point. She **ALMOST** made the mistake of giving up her own memories she had with him and backed out the last second. Fair Trade has Ahri exercising self control. She was going to kill the fortune teller because she threatened to cut off one of her tails. Instead she only harvest a few memories to break free of the poison leaving her alive. So you are wrong about about Ahri not having any desire to change her morals. The lore and story arcs make that perfectly clear. Where Ahri's story ends is the stones she holds and the name "Ymelo" that Hirin spoke of. There doesn't need to be any more closure then that. What those gemstones really are, if they have anything to do with her power, or her addiction to life essences is better off left unanswered.
: > [{quoted}](name=lolcommunity1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y0Fo3tGY,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-09-14T01:37:12.616+0000) > > And just why exactly does Riot need to change Ahri's lore for the 3rd time? Because you didn't bother to read the story Arcs? > > Or did you actually read them and they didn't come out as you pleased? > > Sorry to say, but Ahri has **enough** character development to draw a conclusion what she actually is and what she represents. There is NOTHING unclear about her. Lol is not a book, movie/tv series, or an RPG. It's a competitive MOBA so any more character development that you would be hoping for is just unnecessary baggage. She is lucky to even HAVE 2 additional arcs. > > Some people need to understand that complex characters doesn't always make for the most interesting. > > And by the way.... > > Classic skin personality ≠ The rest. A clear example being Lee Sin. His default has him being a humble monk where his God Fist skin makes him out to be more arrogant then even Aurelion Sol. She might have enough to exist within the game. She doesn't have enough to exist within actual lore.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y0Fo3tGY,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-09-14T01:53:37.935+0000) > > She might have enough to exist within the game. > > She doesn't have enough to exist within actual lore. Like what? Give me an explanation.
: Ahri's lore vs Ahri in-game
And just why exactly does Riot need to change Ahri's lore for the 3rd time? Because you didn't bother to read the story Arcs? Or did you actually read them and they didn't come out as you pleased? Sorry to say, but Ahri has **enough** character development to draw a conclusion what she actually is and what she represents. There is NOTHING unclear about her. Lol is not a book, movie/tv series, or an RPG. It's a competitive MOBA so any more character development that you would be hoping for is just unnecessary baggage. She is lucky to even HAVE 2 additional arcs. Some people need to understand that complex characters doesn't always make for the most interesting. And by the way.... Classic skin personality ≠ The rest. A clear example being Lee Sin. His default has him being a humble monk where his God Fist skin makes him out to be more arrogant then even Aurelion Sol.
: Arclight Yorick and why this is a bad move by Riot
Of course this cancer of a community would bitch about Yorick finally getting a new skin and you are ungrateful.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fjApz3NR,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-05T21:06:42.706+0000) > > There is a clear logic. Do you still not understand? Riot has been buffing champs that are already regarded as balanced, and some will even say they were already strong. Like Twisted Fate was already pretty broken but they made him even stronger. > > The point is I am speaking from the non biased balancing point of view. Lee Sin was fine, but was buffed (so did zed, fizz, tf, and many others), so why can't ahri be buffed too? This is complete non biased way of discussing. You are the one calling me biased but you are the one who is bringing up Ahri as already a strong champ. You are missing the point completely. Except, the "Balanced" Part is pretty much only from your opinion. And Ahri wont be buffed because, *As stated several times*, She's already quite loaded for what she does.
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fjApz3NR,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-05T21:26:13.201+0000) > > Except, the "Balanced" Part is pretty much only from your opinion. > > And Ahri wont be buffed because, *As stated several times*, She's already quite loaded for what she does. You mean the oversold mobility and the lies of being assassinated by just W and R?
Show more

lolcommunity1

Level 32 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion