Tinlegs (OCE)
: Firstly there is no way of knowing if the above example applies in my case or not because Riot won't provide any details on WHY I was banned in the first place. Secondly Riot doesn't publish details of people who were banned and then unbanned cause they made a mistake. In scientific terms your statement is a Argument from ignorance . It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proved false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that: there may have been an insufficient investigation, and therefore there is insufficient information to prove the proposition be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four. As for working in IT, I have no interest in beating my chest and demanding you accept that I have had a long career in IT. As for your skin hacking theory it is faulty in the basic premise. You can't say well only users who are using skin hacks are detected because you haven't even thought about how they are detected, when you boil it all down it just comes down to 1's and 0's and you have to write a program that matches those patterns of 1's and 0's and there can be many instances where you get unintended pattern matches. When it comes down to it really doesn't matter what your thoughts are on my situation, I just hope you don't have to face the same situation as I do cause I know your position will change 100% in a heart beat when you experience an unjust banning.
> [{quoted}](name=Tinlegs,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=sOpd1vI0,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2016-09-22T23:11:08.407+0000) > > Firstly there is no way of knowing if the above example applies in my case or not because Riot won't provide any details on WHY I was banned in the first place. Secondly Riot doesn't publish details of people who were banned and then unbanned cause they made a mistake. In scientific terms your statement is a Argument from ignorance . It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proved false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that: there may have been an insufficient investigation, and therefore there is insufficient information to prove the proposition be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four. > > As for working in IT, I have no interest in beating my chest and demanding you accept that I have had a long career in IT. As for your skin hacking theory it is faulty in the basic premise. You can't say well only users who are using skin hacks are detected because you haven't even thought about how they are detected, when you boil it all down it just comes down to 1's and 0's and you have to write a program that matches those patterns of 1's and 0's and there can be many instances where you get unintended pattern matches. > > When it comes down to it really doesn't matter what your thoughts are on my situation, I just hope you don't have to face the same situation as I do cause I know your position will change 100% in a heart beat when you experience an unjust banning. "even thought about how they are detected, when you boil it all down it just comes down to 1's and 0's and you have to write a program that matches those patterns of 1's and 0's and there can be many instances where you get unintended pattern matches." You are further proving my point that your "IT experience" is not relevant here, no offense. You think the only way you can detect something is by a signature scan? Detecting unwanted programs is not an exact science. Just for examples sake, lets say you wanted to detect people calling a game function through their cheat. They might place a hidden hook on that function call inside the client which is activated in response to a packet being sent, and check the call stack for calls outside the expected result. This is just one of many things done by other games that simply does not return false positives.. if you're calling their games API from a place you should not be ,there is no false positive, you simply are doing something they do not want you to do.
Tinlegs (OCE)
: You are welcome to think I have used malicious software scripts or any other software to cheat. Thing is I know I haven't whether it be by accident or on purpose. As for the ticket I have already opened one and all I have received is cut and paste messages and a refusal to allow me to defend myself or prove my innocence. This above anything is my point. They have accused me of doing something I haven't done and not provided any method of proving my innocence. You only have to look at cases like this one http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/cETPvHAE-black-alistar-king-rammus where the person was innocent and it was by a miracle that a Riot employee was smart enough to work out that the incorrectly banned account had a similar name as someone who was meant to be banned. They too went through the ticket system and received the same poor service as I am seeing now with my case. Now working in IT for over 15 years I understand how programs work and there is no way you can make a detection system work 100%. You are always going to get unintended false positives, so no matter how specific they have targeted their anti cheat they are always going to collect innocent people. So do you think it is fair for someone who hasn't cheated to have their 5 year account banned without a way of proving that they are innocent?
> [{quoted}](name=Tinlegs,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=sOpd1vI0,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2016-09-21T15:19:43.076+0000) > > You are welcome to think I have used malicious software scripts or any other software to cheat. Thing is I know I haven't whether it be by accident or on purpose. As for the ticket I have already opened one and all I have received is cut and paste messages and a refusal to allow me to defend myself or prove my innocence. > > This above anything is my point. They have accused me of doing something I haven't done and not provided any method of proving my innocence. You only have to look at cases like this one > > http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/cETPvHAE-black-alistar-king-rammus > > where the person was innocent and it was by a miracle that a Riot employee was smart enough to work out that the incorrectly banned account had a similar name as someone who was meant to be banned. They too went through the ticket system and received the same poor service as I am seeing now with my case. > > Now working in IT for over 15 years I understand how programs work and there is no way you can make a detection system work 100%. You are always going to get unintended false positives, so no matter how specific they have targeted their anti cheat they are always going to collect innocent people. > > So do you think it is fair for someone who hasn't cheated to have their 5 year account banned without a way of proving that they are innocent? Your link does not apply at all in your case. Find me a single example of riots anti-cheat software banning innocent people. You must not work in IT, because there are many ways to ensure your detection is a 100% positive rate. One strategy is to detect a practice you do not condone, for example, lets say skin hacking. If you target users using skin hacks, only users who are actually using skin hacks can be flagged.. this means that there is no false positive. There is no legitimate program that could set that off, because by nature, if a skin hack occurs, the program is not legitimate or at least not condoned by riot.
Tinlegs (OCE)
: Automatic Assumption of Guilt and No Justice for Innocent People.
The fact is riot goes out of their way to ensure that their anti-cheat targets very specific things. If your account was banned by this, its because you used something they do not want you to use. Open a ticket if you wish, but I am nearly positive you will hear the same type of response.
Porocles (NA)
: There were some login issues during this period, but everything should be okay now. Any server issues will be posted on our [service status](http://status.leagueoflegends.com/#na) page, so I recommend bookmarking it! If you have any issues still let me know!
> [{quoted}](name=Porocles,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=el00unoT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-09-20T21:34:52.903+0000) > > There were some login issues during this period, but everything should be okay now. Any server issues will be posted on our [service status](http://status.leagueoflegends.com/#na) page, so I recommend bookmarking it! If you have any issues still let me know! I do not recall any service status being posted regarding this issue, despite it going on for 3+ hours and over a 100 replies/topics (combined..) created total during this time about it. So bookmark the boards too and check for unusual spikes of people having the same issue, just to make sure its not just you :)
ajmail (NA)
: I cant log on to League of Legends :( Please help me!
I am in Utah as well. It seems to be fixed.
  Rioter Comments
: Diamond+ is the only division where elo boosting is a problem and ironically it is a huge problem. Getting out of D5 was miserable because a quarter of the entire D5 population are smurfs duoing with friends and another quarter of them are elo boosters.
> [{quoted}](name=I Ulted Trayvon,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=v30zzQuB,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-09-19T01:30:50.815+0000) > > Diamond+ is the only division where elo boosting is a problem and ironically it is a huge problem. > > Getting out of D5 was miserable because a quarter of the entire D5 population are smurfs duoing with friends and another quarter of them are elo boosters. What makes you think that it is not a problem elsewhere? In fact, if you encounter an ELO booster in diamond, that means they had to play through other leagues as well (silver-gold-plat) in the process of doing the boost.
Tritan (NA)
: I don't think it's that much of a problem I mean, yeah, alot of challengers elo boost but it's not the end of the world.
> [{quoted}](name=PmMePigletHentai,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=v30zzQuB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-09-19T01:27:59.344+0000) > > I don't think it's that much of a problem > > I mean, yeah, alot of challengers elo boost but it's not the end of the world. No, it is not the end of the world. No, it will not cause you to be stuck in the league you are in. Both teams get ELO boosters, friendly and enemy. Is it frustrating as hell to have it be all to common to have a extremely one sided-stomp fest? To me, yes. Is it boring as hell to be 0-1 and win a game at 20 minutes because one is on your team? To me, yes.
Rioter Comments
LunaFox (NA)
: Can't say for sure!
> [{quoted}](name=LunaFox,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=JBTV3KNZ,comment-id=0001000200000000,timestamp=2016-08-10T16:15:42.415+0000) > > Can't say for sure! I don't think anyone needs a "for sure" answer. II am not so sure why some companies are so sensitive about giving non guaranteed estimates or at least some details. A "Probably 2-3 hours assuming all goes well" or "We're not sure what is causing the issue, so we have no ETA (yet)" would be so much better than "2 hours or 48, who knows" type responses.
LankPants (OCE)
: >My suggestion from a Former Diamond 3 player - Move onto Overwatch, the ranked system is amazing and is coming out this month. Shouldn't you wait until Overwatch's ranked launches before you say it's amazing? It may look good but it's also entirely possible that it could have huge flaws in the system which become apparent only after it launches.
> [{quoted}](name=LankPants,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7UwiHrzY,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-06-19T11:40:37.147+0000) > > Shouldn't you wait until Overwatch's ranked launches before you say it's amazing? It may look good but it's also entirely possible that it could have huge flaws in the system which become apparent only after it launches. I suppose but they already released a video of what it will look like. It based off personal MMR, which you can see in game. It also shows when you're facing a premade and who is in a premade. However you're probably right. I'm just really bitter with League and the argument FOR Dynamic Q are nothing much more than "im a casual player that wants to play ranked"
Jaawn (NA)
: If Solo Queue is dead, then it shouldn't be called "Ranked" anymore
Everyone - welcome to the influx of children who will now support Dynamic Q. Don't argue with them. They can't comprehend logic. My suggestion from a Former Diamond 3 player - Move onto Overwatch, the ranked system is amazing and is coming out this month.
: Listen to the *Overwatch team, laugh my ass off if we follow what blizzard dos with wow
> [{quoted}](name=Guy Fox Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jz4dUYo5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-18T21:39:26.802+0000) > > Listen to the *Overwatch team, laugh my ass off if we follow what blizzard dos with wow Listening to the community is not some profound thing that only Blizzard does, but it does factor why they one of the most successful gaming companies of all time. So next time you decide to make some insanely ignorant and shortsighted comment, think about reading what the post is actually about.
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: Is Dynamic Queue ACTUALLY less toxic?
But it's actually more toxic for Solo Q players #getfuckedSoloQPlayersagain
: Lol quits then still reads the league boards. You are just jumping boat because you think it's cool, and waiting for riot to change for you to jump back in the boat.
> [{quoted}](name=Time Broken,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4tsuGXEq,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2016-06-17T17:37:11.619+0000) > > Lol quits then still reads the league boards. You are just jumping boat because you think it's cool, and waiting for riot to change for you to jump back in the boat. I've been on the league boards for a long time. I've openly admitted many times that I do not want to quit seeing as I've been Diamond 3 before. I kept my word, I jumped boat because simply put. I DO NOT FUCKING ENJOY DYNAMIC Q. This has NOTHING to do with anything else, and YES of course i'm waiting for Riot to make changes to bring me back, but at least I have the guts to leave when they don't. I don't see what's the problem here
: Ranked means nothing anymore.
He's actually 100% correct, and it kills me that it's true.
: >The team facing the 5 man premade had the following distribution of premades: 5 solo: 255 (23%) win rate vs 5 solo: 70% (179/255) WOW , EFF OFF RIOT. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AS F%%%. I penta-queued recently and we steamrolled everyone, no wonder.... GIVE US SOLO QUEUE.
> [{quoted}](name=Dominick Destine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4tsuGXEq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-06-16T20:26:43.249+0000) > > 5 solo: 255 (23%) > win rate vs 5 solo: 70% (179/255) > > WOW , EFF OFF RIOT. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AS F%%%. > I penta-queued recently and we steamrolled everyone, no wonder.... GIVE US SOLO QUEUE. It's actually fucking terrible man. I bet you don't even feel as satisfied when you won those games. I know I didn't as a hyper competitive person. That's why I quit
Grashnim (NA)
: Need more people to actually quit and not just say it. Too many people talk a big game but aren't willing to walk it.
> [{quoted}](name=Grashnim,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lxsAIRG3,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-06-15T21:53:21.593+0000) > > Need more people to actually quit and not just say it. Too many people talk a big game but aren't willing to walk it. This also. I haven't played in MONTHS. Put your money where your mouths are people. If you talk big but give no action, they won't notice the difference of playerbase and will continue to give you guys the silent treatment
4oki (EUW)
: I'v hit diamond on multiple accounts last season.Could easily carry all elos above diamond yet i can't get to diamond this season and i play solo. So Mr trash talker whats your opinion on that? I'm pretty sure you're playing with friends and this is why you're trash talking , am i right baby ?Cuz you'v reached elo higher than ever before simply because you're abusing the new system not because you're a decent player. Don't bother to answer me i don't care about your opinion anyway
> [{quoted}](name=4oki,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lxsAIRG3,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2016-06-15T13:38:46.423+0000) > > I'v hit diamond on multiple accounts last season.Could easily carry all elos above diamond yet i can't get to diamond this season and i play solo. So Mr trash talker whats your opinion on that? I'm pretty sure you're playing with friends and this is why you're trash talking , am i right baby ?Cuz you'v reached elo higher than ever before simply because you're abusing the new system not because you're a decent player. Don't bother to answer me i don't care about your opinion anyway Pretty much this. I've said this from the beginning
: You've got to be joking
I read "Alrite cya around" #PERMABANNED. It's kind of ironic because nobody will ever see you around lol
ExhibitD (NA)
: If i could pick a team of well known people to play with from the league community it would be...
C9 Jensen Gross Gore Tyler1 Forgiven I would sit quietly and watch them all explode and rage at eachother constantly. It would be downright hilarious, and I would off role for Tyler1
: Riot, do you have an answer for soloq players yet?
Honestly, great post but you are wasting your time on something that does not give a fuck about you. Riot doesn't care about Solo Q players. When people treat us so fucking badly, I just get up and move onto another game, even if I literally played League nearly every single day for year on end.
: For the love of God Riot give us Solo Queue
If you guys are playing Dynamic Q right now and just hoping they magical change their mind about it. You are part of the problem. Don't like it? Don't play it. Dynamic Q will be the worst it's ever been right now. It's catered to bring in younger generations faster. It's a long term investment, bring in 1 player, you're most likely bringing in his friends to start playing together. If they don't remove Dynamic Q anytime soon, you're absolutely fooling yourself to think they will remove it later, when they've already replaced the population of Solo Q players. In addition, Dynamic Q will be more and more liked as time goes on simply because Solo Players will leave. Soon you will see these posts being downvoted, watch, and they will be tuning it more and more. Making it all less likely for them to change it. #Want Solo Q back, stop playing Dynamic Q and expecting things to randomly change
: Dynamic Q - Its bad and finally Explained with reason
Logical - Check Educational - Check Truth - Check Constructive - Check. Great video man, top notch on all points. Now if you can only get across to some of the brain dead human beings that exist in this community. Unfortunately prepare yourself for a plethora of fallacy rebuttals and ad hominem attacks Much appreciated though, **ATD**
: This pretty much sumarizes the ranked experience since Dynamic Queue
TheSlogs (NA)
: R.I.P. Orlando victims and to their family; I'm sorry
To me it's disgusting and almost strange to see people so sad over this terrorism (rightfully so) but then use the same hatred and bigotry to fuel their anger as the terrorists use? Are we no better than the terrorists? Especially in the gaming community where Homophobia, Racism and Sexism exists so widespread and EVEN MORE SO IN LEAGUE ( the most toxic game online) What good does it bring to grief this insane hatred and terrorism but continue to terrorize eachother online with Hate Speeches against eachother. I hope everyone simply does not consolidate for the sake of trying to seem like a good person, but continues to spray vitrol ignorance, bigotry and hatred behind a computer screen in-game.
: This botting problem has gotten completely out of control. This is unacceptable.
The reason why you're finding more BOTS is because the Elo-Boosting market has raised over 1000% with Dynamic Q. Elo boosting is now legal. People are botting accounts up to lv30 and then quickly getting those accounts placed to Silver-Bronze. Then getting people to pay to boost themselves out of Silver-Bronze-Gold. Overall a Booster has to play 10(placement) then another 20-40 games to make A LOT of money. Some charge by game. Dynamic Q has literally made this market MASSIVE and get used to it. More of them are coming. There's some people making a living off Dynamic Q. Dekar is actually one of them ( he broadcasts on Twitch getting people to pay for boosting it's actually a joke)
AraMoOse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AegonTheDragon7,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=87U3nB4t,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2016-06-11T19:08:20.948+0000) > > If that's really the case, then it sounds like most of the time i'm dealing with sensitive little teenagers who cannot see past their own hubris to understand that people are trying to win a fucking game, not be their friend for a game. > > I agree 100% with the OP when I used to play, but honestly, you're right most people act that way in League. That's why I'm glad I quit this garbage community. Sorry man, you're simply not worth my time, you are exactly what you accuse others of being. I'm glad you've decided to stop playing, it seems we both get what we want out of it. Have a nice day.
> [{quoted}](name=AraMoOse,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=87U3nB4t,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2016-06-11T19:53:09.791+0000) > > Sorry man, you're simply not worth my time, you are exactly what you accuse others of being. I'm glad you've decided to stop playing, it seems we both get what we want out of it. Have a nice day. No i'm not actually, that's why I attained Diamond 3, because unlike the 90% of this community who are stuck in Silver and Below. I can put aside my "pride" online in a video game and try to win without getting emotionally upset when someone tries to tell me how things actually are. I have the common sense to double think what I'm doing, not get upset like a whiny little bitch. Then subsequently dwarf my own skills thinking I am the all omniscient knowing player in Silver, like many Silvers are. The way I got to the top 2% of League players is by constantly learning from better players, constantly admitting i'm wrong and taking criticism like an adult, and not being passive aggressive and avoiding people who hurt my feelings like a fucking 2 year old.
AraMoOse (NA)
: Of course I can't see how you tell your jungler he should have ganked for you, but I can say the following: 1. It is not impossible that you are being a bit too rude and entitled when you say this. 2. Most people will interpret this kind of comment as a way for you to deny your own part in the situation (not incorrectly in my opinion). 3. Most people will channel their irritation at this kind of criticism by dismissing you as a whiner. 4. It is highly likely that the person will then help you even less out of irritation. 5. It is not the jungler's job to win your lane for you anyways. In light of all these things, It is almost never a productive approach to blame other people and will likely cause a climate of negativity in your team, which is counter productive. It's really not worth your time and not worth the risk of receiving a report. Take it on the chin and keep doing your best to win. I hope this was helpful.
> [{quoted}](name=AraMoOse,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=87U3nB4t,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-11T13:13:09.677+0000) > > Of course I can't see how you tell your jungler he should have ganked for you, but I can say the following: > > 1. It is not impossible that you are being a bit too rude and entitled when you say this. > 2. Most people will interpret this kind of comment as a way for you to deny your own part in the situation (not incorrectly in my opinion). > 3. Most people will channel their irritation at this kind of criticism by dismissing you as a whiner. > 4. It is highly likely that the person will then help you even less out of irritation. > 5. It is not the jungler's job to win your lane for you anyways. > > In light of all these things, It is almost never a productive approach to blame other people and will likely cause a climate of negativity in your team, which is counter productive. It's really not worth your time and not worth the risk of receiving a report. Take it on the chin and keep doing your best to win. > > I hope this was helpful. If that's really the case, then it sounds like most of the time i'm dealing with sensitive little teenagers who cannot see past their own hubris to understand that people are trying to win a fucking game, not be their friend for a game. I agree 100% with the OP when I used to play, but honestly, you're right most people act that way in League. That's why I'm glad I quit this garbage community.
: RIP Christina Grimmie
> Because we are similar to her, let's PRAY!!!! This is what is wrong with the world. How about we pray for her because a human being died and she was living out her dream, not just because she's "similar to us"
AraMoOse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AegonTheDragon7,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yyA8B1LA,comment-id=000500000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-06-10T12:42:15.053+0000) > > ** > Lyte.askfm before he deleted his account actually showed Dynamic Q increased the number of reports flying, it was just ALWAYS Solo Q player vs Premade > > ** > > I'll try and dig it up for you > > This is the only thing I can find for now was this comment > > "Holy shit > Lyte admitted that premades ganging up on people to mass false report actually was a problem. Lyte admitted than 4 man premades are toxic. (lmao @ brown nosers claiming this was false) > It's been nice knowing you all. The world's probably gonna freeze over and die tomorrow. > My man Lyte listened to the good voices of GD, and we'll be seeing progress soon. This is crazy. > Wow wow wow > Wowowowowowowowowowow > > I'm honestly in disbelief" by a DarkVolcan 7months ago here > > http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/GD/JNwgrzih-qa-about-dynamic-queues-and-new-champ-select?show=flat&page=2 > > I'm assuming he's referencing his ask.fm page because Lyte hadn't started talking yet. However yes Lyte DID admit that premades are more toxic and Solo Q > > So to your post > > 1: Top Behavioral analyst giving data IS data > 2: It's not an opinion it was a real issue So where is the actual lyte post claiming dynamic queue is toxic? What you have here is some random dude claiming lyte said something, which is useless. I could just claim he said the opposite. Your inability to provide the source is a bit suspect. Then you provide a link in which Lyte says the OPPOSITE of what you're claiming he has said.
His Ask.fm page is deleted. You're right the guy just came out of the blue and started making up random things out of thin air. You're so clever. Idc i'm not trying to convince someone so closed minded. I know for a fact Lyte said that on his Ask.FM page when Dynamic Q was released. He said the number of reports per game went up but it was something they were working on
Rioter Comments
Fovere (NA)
: They are basically saying that instead of addressing toxicity issues they are going to remove the ability to play solo queue games since random people are more openly hostile towards each other over friends. It's a total cop out.
> [{quoted}](name=Fovere,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yyA8B1LA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-06-10T13:17:33.175+0000) > > They are basically saying that instead of addressing toxicity issues they are going to remove the ability to play solo queue games since random people are more openly hostile towards each other over friends. > > It's a total cop out. I agree. The thing is though, the Solo Q player just gets completely shit on now lmao. Because people aren't hostile towards their friends so they all just gang report blame the Solo Q player, who's already feeling left out and abuse him. I've seen things like this ( which isn't reportable happen many times) Player 1(Premade) - F Player 2 (Premade) - U P3(p)- C p4(p)- K And they just spell out insults to the Solo Q player, pretty shitty if you ask me
AraMoOse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=VulDread,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yyA8B1LA,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-10T06:48:01.662+0000) > > Yes, but there a lot more data that supports this on other posts, which have been cropping up a lot recently. > > You could say the same of your opinion, but there is a lot more support for the OPs post. Although it is simplified a lot *facepalm* 1. Bald assertions and opinions are not data 2. My comment was not an expression of opinion. You were correct in bringing up in your first response that it was "anecdotal evidence". This is still different than "opinion", which is what OP (and yourself) are basing your conclusion on. 3. The people whose opinions you are using in the first place are a self selecting group : 3a. They have almost always received some punishment as a result of their interactions with a dynamic queue group and are therefore likely to be biased in this sense. 3b If you look through the post history of these people, a very significant portion of them were vocal about their objection to dynamic queue since before it was instated. (This doesn't appear to be OPs case, but it is often enough to call into question their objectivity) 4. Epistemology is a fascinating topic, but I don't know that you are the ideal person to give me a lecture on it, given points 1 to 3.
> [{quoted}](name=AraMoOse,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yyA8B1LA,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-10T11:28:07.853+0000) > > *facepalm* > > 1. Bald assertions and opinions are not data > 2. My comment was not an expression of opinion. You were correct in bringing up in your first response that it was "anecdotal evidence". This is still different than "opinion", which is what OP (and yourself) are basing your conclusion on. > 3. The people whose opinions you are using in the first place are a self selecting group : > 3a. They have almost always received some punishment as a result of their interactions with a dynamic queue group and are therefore likely to be biased in this sense. > 3b If you look through the post history of these people, a very significant portion of them were vocal about their objection to dynamic queue since before it was instated. (This doesn't appear to be OPs case, but it is often enough to call into question their objectivity) > 4. Epistemology is a fascinating topic, but I don't know that you are the ideal person to give me a lecture on it, given points 1 to 3. ** Lyte.askfm before he deleted his account actually showed Dynamic Q increased the number of reports flying, it was just ALWAYS Solo Q player vs Premade ** I'll try and dig it up for you This is the only thing I can find for now was this comment "Holy shit Lyte admitted that premades ganging up on people to mass false report actually was a problem. Lyte admitted than 4 man premades are toxic. (lmao @ brown nosers claiming this was false) It's been nice knowing you all. The world's probably gonna freeze over and die tomorrow. My man Lyte listened to the good voices of GD, and we'll be seeing progress soon. This is crazy. Wow wow wow Wowowowowowowowowowow I'm honestly in disbelief" by a DarkVolcan 7months ago here http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/GD/JNwgrzih-qa-about-dynamic-queues-and-new-champ-select?show=flat&page=2 I'm assuming he's referencing his ask.fm page because Lyte hadn't started talking yet. However yes Lyte DID admit that premades are more toxic and Solo Q So to your post 1: Top Behavioral analyst giving data IS data 2: It's not an opinion it was a real issue
: Yes, but there a lot more data that supports this on other posts, which have been cropping up a lot recently. You could say the same of your opinion, but there is a lot more support for the OPs post. Although it is simplified a lot
> [{quoted}](name=VulDread,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yyA8B1LA,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-10T06:48:01.662+0000) > > Yes, but there a lot more data that supports this on other posts, which have been cropping up a lot recently. > > You could say the same of your opinion, but there is a lot more support for the OPs post. Although it is simplified a lot I try to keep it simplified however for everyone. Lyte.askfm before he deleted his account actually showed Dynamic Q increased the number of reports flying, it was just ALWAYS Solo Q player vs Premade. He left and deleted his account
: I think Riot is actively trying to hide individual skill and that's the death of any competitive game even if they think it protects people's fragile emotions.
> [{quoted}](name=atomicwit,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2016-06-10T02:56:46.686+0000) > > I think Riot is actively trying to hide individual skill and that's the death of any competitive game even if they think it protects people's fragile emotions. #You are my spirit animal
: > Your idea implies that individual skill is the only thing that matters and ignores the coordination of premades & their impact in the game. > Not at all. My point is that xabst=xabst is just as true as x=x. The coordination of premades affects all solo players and what I hate most about DQ is that it has simply completely inconsistent experiences (5s only players vs solo only) on the same ladder and possibly of the same ranking. As long as I can be assured that solo performance is measured separately, I'm much more OK with it. > > The only consistent factor here is that you queue alone. Everything after that is completely random. Yeah, due to the premades, you'd need dramatically more games to get a reliable solo ranking than on a pure solo ladder.
> [{quoted}](name=atomicwit,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-10T04:29:00.206+0000) > > Not at all. My point is that xabst=xabst is just as true as x=x. The coordination of premades affects all solo players and what I hate most about DQ is that it has simply completely inconsistent experiences (5s only players vs solo only) on the same ladder and possibly of the same ranking. > > As long as I can be assured that solo performance is measured separately, I'm much more OK with it. > > Yeah, due to the premades, you'd need dramatically more games to get a reliable solo ranking than on a pure solo ladder. Pretty much this. Also have it be known I am one of the BIGGEST advocates for Solo Q but it's simply not realistic. I'm not going to waste time anymore about something that's never coming back. I'm doing my part by not playing the game at all right now thus not giving them RP or anything. I do want to play though. It's just a small incentive that would tell me. Hey you're better than "x" player when Q'ing up Solo. External factors fall into the law of numbers. Dynamic Q allows you to shape exactly who you premade with so that's why currently http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/dynamic-queue-and-future-league Win rates for premades and Solo Q players are HORRIBLE. If I play 100 games Solo i'm statistically more likely to lose more if I don't play Dynamic Q, sure whatever I can deal with that. So long as I can see that I am performing better when queue'ing up Solo Q ( A MASSIVE INCENTIVE FOR SOLO PLAYERS)
: Why don't they just add an option people can use to mark what they're open to queuing for? This gives you what you want, but makes you have to wait longer because of it. Click this if you only want other solo players, click this for duos, click this for 3/4s, and 5s will only be matched with other 5s...wouldn't this work? There'd still be plenty of solo players that'll use the full dynamic queue, specially for shorter queue times right? Surely there would still be plenty of people that don't care, that is what Riot said right?
> [{quoted}](name=Johr Dinh,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-06-10T01:56:50.212+0000) > > Why don't they just add an option people can use to mark what they're open to queuing for? This gives you what you want, but makes you have to wait longer because of it. Click this if you only want other solo players, click this for duos, click this for 3/4s, and 5s will only be matched with other 5s...wouldn't this work? There'd still be plenty of solo players that'll use the full dynamic queue, specially for shorter queue times right? Surely there would still be plenty of people that don't care, that is what Riot said right? It would add time to the Q which is already bad. All I want is a viewable separate MMR
: Which is pathetic then because all that tells me is that they are not willing to rework mistake systems at their expense which makes them much worse then blizzard in my book since blizzard was willing eat crow on several design and UI decisions in both starcraft and diablo series.
> [{quoted}](name=Karn Bishop,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2016-06-10T01:32:07.183+0000) > > Which is pathetic then because all that tells me is that they are not willing to rework mistake systems at their expense which makes them much worse then blizzard in my book since blizzard was willing eat crow on several design and UI decisions in both starcraft and diablo series. Exactly, but that's a whole different discussion on it's own. I just want SOMETHING, ANYTHING to play League again. However it's simply not going to happen with ZERO incentives for the Solo Q player. Dynamic Q get 6/10 wins on the dollar for every 4/10 wins a Solo Q player gets. Why would I torture myself with this unjust system to get Diamond 3 or just "cheat" and get my friends to gang up with me and boost eachother there. I want incentives Side note: There's currently even other incentives to play in a group from extra Hextech keys to XP and easier games.
: I think this compromise is for players who want a way to gauge individual skill. Of course this isn't meant to change the gameplay of Dynamic Q.
> [{quoted}](name=Jeddy017,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-09T20:43:44.111+0000) > > I think this compromise is for players who want a way to gauge individual skill. Of course this isn't meant to change the gameplay of Dynamic Q. #**This guy gets it, my god thank you for existing on this god forsaken planet** Thread can end here done replying
: While this would be better it wouldn't solve the illness just treat the side effects. To be frank there is already a post which breaks down a better system by creating a ranked 5's club based system so only 5 mans exist and then restoring true solo queue as well, and such a system is better for both dynamic players and solo's however dynamics are not enjoying the mode for the reasons they claim so they start screaming murder when they see a balanced 5 competitive mode idea. till current dynamic supporters just enjoy the fact that they destroy true competitive environments and the fact that they can also suppress solo queue players.
> [{quoted}](name=Karn Bishop,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-06-09T23:37:57.333+0000) > > While this would be better it wouldn't solve the illness just treat the side effects. > > To be frank there is already a post which breaks down a better system by creating a ranked 5's club based system so only 5 mans exist and then restoring true solo queue as well, and such a system is better for both dynamic players and solo's however dynamics are not enjoying the mode for the reasons they claim so they start screaming murder when they see a balanced 5 competitive mode idea. > > till current dynamic supporters just enjoy the fact that they destroy true competitive environments and the fact that they can also suppress solo queue players. I've seen the post it's a great post, and of course it's not going to change any gameplay, that being said. A positive addition is POSITIVE, if I told you. "do you want to eat shit, or eat better flavoured shit" either way you're eating shit, take the better option. However Riot isn't going to change their entire system. Sure it's a pipe dream but it's simply **NOT GOING TO HAPPEN**. They actually mentioned separating Solo Q MMR and Dynamic Q MMR in a blog though, so this is actually a reasonable request
: The only way to get an accurage Solo MMR is with a Solo only Queue. That's not happening. At least not this season. I wouldn't expect it next season, but it's too early to tell if Riot is going to backtrack for then, since we know they still want to try to work with DQ. My suggestion is to reinstate Team ranked (use clubs instead of teams) with the current tier restrictions. This helps more at higher levels, where pros currently can't practice as full teams outside of custom game scrims (which sucks when you're trying to spam games with subs and recent roster changes). Reduce DQ to 3-man premades max. This solves the issue of being left solo with a 4-man. I still think most act fine, but it's worth making a comprimise in some areas like this to remove the chance of it. Enforce stricter rules when constructing teams in queue. So no 1+1+1+1+1 vs 3+2, but 2+2+1 vs 3+2 is okay. These sorts of changes and comprimises all feel fair to me, and would help with a number of the problems people have with DQ. Knowing SQ isn't coming back, it's not unfair to make some comprimises for the sake of those who have issues with the DQ system (some issues with merit, others without).
> [{quoted}](name=DarkRitual,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-06-09T22:54:38.527+0000) > > The only way to get an accurage Solo MMR is with a Solo only Queue. > That's not happening. At least not this season. I wouldn't expect it next season, but it's too early to tell if Riot is going to backtrack for then, since we know they still want to try to work with DQ. > > My suggestion is to reinstate Team ranked (use clubs instead of teams) with the current tier restrictions. This helps more at higher levels, where pros currently can't practice as full teams outside of custom game scrims (which sucks when you're trying to spam games with subs and recent roster changes). > Reduce DQ to 3-man premades max. This solves the issue of being left solo with a 4-man. I still think most act fine, but it's worth making a comprimise in some areas like this to remove the chance of it. > Enforce stricter rules when constructing teams in queue. So no 1+1+1+1+1 vs 3+2, but 2+2+1 vs 3+2 is okay. > > These sorts of changes and comprimises all feel fair to me, and would help with a number of the problems people have with DQ. > Knowing SQ isn't coming back, it's not unfair to make some comprimises for the sake of those who have issues with the DQ system (some issues with merit, others without). Quite frankly, this is an easier pass at Riot, talking about something that has been talked about since Dynamic Q came out that they've completely disregarded and is not doing anything., it's just a waste of time. They announced in concrete now. They are NOT CHANGING THEIR SYSTEM. They are stubborn ok? So we have to compromise, this wouldn't do anything that they aren't doing already with Dynamic Q. This would SOLELY be an improvement to the Solo Q players experience and incentives to play
: Doesn't solve the match making issue. Doesn't solve Q times. Desn't solve harrasment. Doesn't solve boosting issues. Doen't narrow the skill range of a given match.
> [{quoted}](name=SonicDeatMonkey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-06-09T20:04:02.352+0000) > > Doesn't solve the match making issue. Doesn't solve Q times. Desn't solve harrasment. Doesn't solve boosting issues. Doen't narrow the skill range of a given match. Well neither does doing nothing now does it? Because I hope you realize that's what Riot intends on doing. Once again, **THEY'VE ANNOUNCED THEY ARE NOT BRINGING BACK SOLO Q** what does it do? Gives me **INCENTIVES** to play
: no because that mean everyone would play solo queue so this solution is bad u dumb bich
> [{quoted}](name=HackRawESOMe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=femjLGhh,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-06-09T22:13:36.460+0000) > > no because that mean everyone would play solo queue so this solution is bad u dumb bich How fucking stupid are you that you didn't even comprehend what I said you ignorant jackass. It's still Dynamic Q you sub human monkey, it's just a different viewable score
: That's not a compromise. It doesn't make gameplay better in any way.
> That's not a compromise. It doesn't make gameplay better in any way. The point is, we can differentiate between players getting Dynamic Q boosted to their elo, and players belonging there. If someone has 1356 Solo Q rating and 2450 Dynamic Q rating, it's quite obvious they are being legally boosted. Riot isn't bringing back Solo Q, they've announced that. I haven't played this game in 3 months (only 2 games actually). I want to play League again, and I want to be given a reason to come back, but right now it's a complete waste of time.
Rioter Comments
: Let me just dismantle this real quick. If it's a team game, then ranked 5v5s should take precedence over literally everything, but they removed it..... (obviously not about team play.) Overwatch is not a competitive game in all reality, it's a fun cluster crap of fast and exciting gameplay with very little game progression that most mobas have. (See COD and TF2 love child.) Queue times are longer due to the new champion select yes, but it's also due to the variety of skill levels allowed to queue up together, it strains the system when 3 g1 and 2 s5 queue up together. However they are also longer due to the system trying to find solo Q and duo Q players that fit the skill level required to fill in the gaps. (Without solo players 4 mans would be literally impossible.) The old champion select was pretty damn toxic and riot even touched on that. that would infact _not_ improve experiences, and there would likely be a superiority/aggression mentality in the lobby as premades will attempt to force solos into the roles they themselves don't want to play. Sorry to say there are a plethora of problems causing longer queue times, and yes solo players are part of it.
> [{quoted}](name=LatetotheRace,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KWuAR6bl,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-06-09T15:34:08.548+0000) > > Let me just dismantle this real quick. > > If it's a team game, then ranked 5v5s should take precedence over literally everything, but they removed it..... (obviously not about team play.) > > Overwatch is not a competitive game in all reality, it's a fun cluster crap of fast and exciting gameplay with very little game progression that most mobas have. (See COD and TF2 love child.) > > Queue times are longer due to the new champion select yes, but it's also due to the variety of skill levels allowed to queue up together, it strains the system when 3 g1 and 2 s5 queue up together. > However they are also longer due to the system trying to find solo Q and duo Q players that fit the skill level required to fill in the gaps. (Without solo players 4 mans would be literally impossible.) > > The old champion select was pretty damn toxic and riot even touched on that. that would infact _not_ improve experiences, and there would likely be a superiority/aggression mentality in the lobby as premades will attempt to force solos into the roles they themselves don't want to play. > > Sorry to say there are a plethora of problems causing longer queue times, and yes solo players are part of it. This is one of the dumbest posts i've ever read in regard to Overwatch. Sadly you're just a random person on the internet who will take no accountability when Overwatch Ranked system comes out, and I've made it to Diamond 3 in League and I can still see Overwatch being more competitive than this elo -boosting garbage system they have in place. I think you have it backwards, League is no longer competitive. Overwatch is more competitive. League is just a cluster fuck of elo-boosters Solo Carrying Silver/Bronzes to places they cannot reach on their own because in League there is no seperate MMR for playing Solo or Dynamic and it's easy to set up a team of carries. In Overwatch it you cannot boost because you don't snowball off kills, you literally HAVE TO PLAY AS A TEAM, also their system makes it so that if you do try and get boosted you're being judge as a team, not Solo. PS: COD is one of the largest grossing ESports games of all times. If I say C9 doesn't have a League team, it doesn't make it true, because they're these things called facts in this world you know. Sadly you don't realize pros don't even play Dynamic Q anymore, they are starting up their own server. It's that bad. To the OP: My advice is just leave the game, I stopped playing months ago and just come back to check if anything has changed. Everyone I know has quit as well. This post won't be higher rated like before bc most of the pure Solo players have quit the game. The longer this goes on, the less these posts will be upvoted about Solo Q. Eventually they will start being downvoted because the majority will turn into casuals. It started up being highly upvoted but as all the true solo players get weeded out the game will be about who can make the best team of people to carry them
: Round Table Video in a Nutshell
This is actually my favorite video on the internet right now, Kudos **ATD**
: For anyone who is interested in climbing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8BtklaSWl0
> [{quoted}](name=Kedren Aderac,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lXQTjPXT,comment-id=003d,timestamp=2016-06-09T01:33:54.643+0000) > > For anyone who is interested in climbing: > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8BtklaSWl0 This is fucking hilarious and true to a **T** from a former player, Diamond 3 at my peak. I've smurfed and what amazes me is the audacity of a lot of low elo players simply not understanding that they literally know jack shit and just need to stfu. The reality is some of them even argue core aspects of the game (i've seen silvers argue farm isnt important) I hjow this masters player put it, I know it sucks hearing the harsh reality of things but it needed to be said. Nothing against the OP though, congrats bud hope you look at the video because if it took you TWO YEARS to get out of Bronze there is something you're not grasping, that is a very very slow learning process. If climbing is what you really want, that is. EDIT: If you think i'm being mean, i'm not, i'm very consistently curt I have no issues whatsoever admitting i'm garbage at the game compared to Master League and even admitting since I haven't played in a long time that i'm probably garbage in general. However as someone who did once make it playing with Pro's smurf accounts, that's my advice TO LISTEN TO THIS GUY
Show more

lolptwo

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion