Seen (NA)
: This "I give up" 5 minutes into game meta needs to stop.
Society as a whole has become overcrowded with defeatists
: I know Sylas isn't OP overall but what the actual fuck is that healing?
His q and e are very easy to dodge and his passive is laughable early game. Give the kid a break.
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2QVWEngu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-12T10:15:23.110+0000) > > First off you have been diamond once with all previous seasons you being in was plat. > > If you go back and look at your own game history you have plenty of games that you perform rather poorly. > > It is my opinion that people who always blame others will never get anywhere in life or this game. Plenty of people can climb and do well why can't you ? The meta shifts and with it different strengths become important. Yeah, uh, no, I just happen to normally not be playing at the end of the season and decay out of Diamond. It's well documented, like these old threads: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/GD/ygQdtcZE-welcome-to-diamond-5-yenn-was-right http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4083917 http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4040792 You can't identify 'playing poorly' without watching a game. After the enemy is fed to a certain point, the only way I can avoid dying (especially if I'm the only one not feeding) is by sitting at the fountain. Get out of here.
Yenn (NA)
: This season is by far the worst yet. Having any impact on games is impossible.
First off you have been diamond once with all previous seasons you being in was plat. If you go back and look at your own game history you have plenty of games that you perform rather poorly. It is my opinion that people who always blame others will never get anywhere in life or this game. Plenty of people can climb and do well why can't you ? The meta shifts and with it different strengths become important.
Laura ß (NA)
: Gotta love that matchmaking Riot
: Tell me that promos aren't rigged ?
The better team will always win... Sometimes you just aren't on it.
: Tier1 towers
Turret plating contains lost lanes which is it's intention. The reason you lose tower plating is because you are losing lane.
: I severely dislike the new ranked system
I have yet to play a fun game this season with all the games being so one sided due to the matchmaking. I love this game but the new system is going to make me quit.
: Alright time to revert the Nasus buff please
Idk he has pretty clear counter play
AR URF (NA)
: Why is riot against tanking?
Aren't they literally adding an item that makes adcs more durable to burst.
S2018D (EUNE)
: Riot, you aren't letting this Phantom Dancer iteration through PBE right...?
agac4234 (EUW)
: nope. what his talking about is when kayn just places a ward over the wall and smites ur blue or red buff with his E. am a kayn player and i do this when i see that the enemy jungler isnt vertical jungling. i just place a ward take there blue and move on to my bot side and teher is nothing they can do apart from wardint the bush on red or blue buff but that could be a wasted ward becuase not every kayn does this
I always ward that vs a Kayne... That just sounds like a lack of understanding the matchup
: As a jungler, the enemy jungler invades and steals my second buff
I assume the situation you are describing is that you started let's say red and the enemy jungler started there red and they immediately rotated to your blue while you are clearing either your red side or going for scuttle. You simply got counter jungled and you need to be aware of this possibility and be able to react to it . Let's say you start red then do krugs or raptors you then have two choices to go for either top or bot scuttle. If you go for your red side scuttle you should ward or quickly check there blue and if it is still up you know they have invaded your blue side and you should counter jungle immediately. In my plat games this is a regular occurrence. Your first clear is the most important and sets your game pace.
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NqEOXLAc,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T21:15:12.238+0000) > > In a competitive game skill caps should increase as time progresses to prevent stagnation. > > I am just being sensible in all this . and that's how you lose new players and have a dwindling player base. smart.
: New Nasus permaban?
What rework did he receive.... I gets 6 more stacks off of cannons like come on
: The duality of man
I saw that and was lol
: Why I think league of legends is bad game.
Idk most of the games I play feel pretty fair with the team making the better decision making winning. If anything league shows that some people will never admit they are the one at fault and will always prefer to deflect blame in order to maintain there ego
: I fucking love League of Legends
It truly is an amazing game
jak kam (EUW)
: Farming junglers are worthless to play
How did does a xin have 20cs and you 70
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VRojUVJE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-27T23:54:42.040+0000) > > But taric has a stun still and a great ultimate to prevent damage and soroka has an aoe silence with a root If I had a quarter for ever time I saw an assassin dodge their cc abilities I'd be a richer than Bill Gates by now.
So the assassin out played the skill shot ?
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VXgkPP3X,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-27T23:50:05.549+0000) > > But if you played that promo game in the old system you would have struggled to win as you are in a role you are uncomfortable with on top of that fact promos are generally harder. I was in promo games to plat 2 earlier for top lane, I got placed in the mid lane. I'm comfortable with mid lane too, I played perfectly that game except the fact that my cs sucked ass but I roamed bot got triple kill. Was so ahead, made good shot calls, none of that mattered because I was placed in the mid instead of top. If it were general rank than that game would've counted as a win for my promos. But ofc if I was placed in a lane I wasn't comfortable with it would've been harder but since I wasn't it was just sad.
> [{quoted}](name=Gyakushin Miko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VXgkPP3X,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-28T00:07:48.522+0000) > > I was in promo games to plat 2 earlier for top lane, I got placed in the mid lane. I'm comfortable with mid lane too, I played perfectly that game except the fact that my cs sucked ass but I roamed bot got triple kill. Was so ahead, made good shot calls, none of that mattered because I was placed in the mid instead of top. If it were general rank than that game would've counted as a win for my promos. But ofc if I was placed in a lane I wasn't comfortable with it would've been harder but since I wasn't it was just sad. But your mid lane mmr is different than your top lane mmr the kind of players you faced as a mid laner are not at the same skill level as when you go top. By your own example the system works because in an off role you can perform well.
Cloud273 (NA)
: The Soraka and Taric reworks were indirect buffs to assassins
But taric has a stun still and a great ultimate to prevent damage and soroka has an aoe silence with a root
Kalikain (NA)
: Can we get some bans rolling out on these ranked feeders pls?
Many times they just simply had a bad game or was against someone better than them.
: I feel that Jhin is very fair to play against
: New Rank lanes system needs to be reverted back to General Rank
But if you played that promo game in the old system you would have struggled to win as you are in a role you are uncomfortable with on top of that fact promos are generally harder.
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VRni1nI5,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-01-27T04:31:01.601+0000) > > I have been told to kill myself too many times on these boards for liking how the game is for me to feel comfortable posting on these boards these days. > > So I went to Reddit That's what the report button is for. Furthermore you have to put effort into making an account that can post on the boards, so getting someone banned here is actually somewhat meaningful. Riot has also at least threatened several people here with in-game suspensions for repeated rulebreaking on the boards. Meanwhile Reddit has a very low bar for entry, meaning a dedicated troll could follow you around and constantly harass you with little repercussion. The only reason reddit feels friendlier to you is that they generally agree with you. And that is a massive flaw with reddit - it fucking promotes massive amounts of circlejerking, and if you dare contradict the jerk, may heaven have mercy on your soul.
> [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VRni1nI5,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-01-27T19:09:28.904+0000) > > That's what the report button is for. Furthermore you have to put effort into making an account that can post on the boards, so getting someone banned here is actually somewhat meaningful. Riot has also at least threatened several people here with in-game suspensions for repeated rulebreaking on the boards. > > Meanwhile Reddit has a very low bar for entry, meaning a dedicated troll could follow you around and constantly harass you with little repercussion. The only reason reddit feels friendlier to you is that they generally agree with you. And that is a massive flaw with reddit - it fucking promotes massive amounts of circlejerking, and if you dare contradict the jerk, may heaven have mercy on your soul. But that exact same thing happens here. There can be entire posts devoted to the circle jerk hatred of riot and if you dare say you enjoy the game you get called some extremely terrible things. From my experience a large majority of people come to these boards to complain about the game but provide no meaningful point to debate while on Reddit I have had plenty of interesting conversations about this game that don't degrade to name calling. The thing about these boards though is it is the closest thing you have to interacting with riot . It is like the customer hotline and very rarely do people phone in to tell you they like the product.
: Riot vs. the Boards
I have been told to kill myself too many times on these boards for liking how the game is for me to feel comfortable posting on these boards these days. So I went to Reddit
Krayzie (EUNE)
: What is balancing team thinking?
Go watch scarras 9.2 patch review it really helps to understand the bigger picture of many of these nerfs and buffs.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: How do junglers do it?
People prefer to blame others rather tha. recognize there personal flaws so a role like jungle is a very easy scapegoat in these situations. A laner dies and why did they ? - they could have not correctly warded - not controlled the wave correctly - missed a crucial skill shit - been out microd But in there opinion if there jungle was at there lane at that moment for that particular fight then they would have won. This thought is so flawed though because if you where there the enemy laner has probably warded the lane since they are playing the game correctly. A jungler can control the outcome of your lane only if you give them the opportunity to. I jungle alot but also mid lane alot and my opinion all players should jungle at least a bit as it gives alot of insight into the game overall.
: Yea, that's what I was thinking too. I think Riot changes the recipes way too frequently for that though. I guess, technically, Riot could offer all the patches individually. I mean, we have over 40 flavors of ice cream. Why not 40 flavors of league?
From your previous analogy that would like the steak having 40 different ways of having it all available at once. No restaurant could possibly support that.
: I want to compare league to a restaurant.
in my perspective the restaurant still offers steak along with a very diverse menu.
: Rek'sai's Current State
Personally I have played a rather large amount of reksai through the past year and while not being amazing at this game i did manage to climb my butt through silver to gold to play to almost diamond. Reksai feels in a rather healthy spot at the moment. Her preferred rune is aftershock and it is especially strong in her kit as you can time the defence steroid far more precisely than most champions I feel. Strengths in her kit come from a strong early game with good gank and invade potential . She is a champion that essentially has 7 abilities and personally I have always felt her true passive was her tremor sense . In reality you could just swap the two positions on her kit with pretty much no harm to her kit. Since she is a jungler she requires some form of sustain so how else would she survive the jungler as well it has good synergy with revitalize and spirate visage. I do feel her ultimate could use a pass as the untargetability it provides is the strength of the ability but the damage is certainly far too easy to dodge . Personally I always wished it was kinda a reverse Kayne ult that let you choose the direction you leaped at them from and in my opinion you should be able to flash while mid ult. She is very strong in higher mmr though which makes low mmr balance a problem especially since early game champions struggle in silver since game length can definitely stretch. Those are my opinion.
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cuBRJ0Aq,comment-id=000200010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T22:43:36.640+0000) > > But you react to the bully is showing to them that they have power over you. > > A good example is that many moons ago I had a trolly jungler who came to my lane and started taking my cs . Obviously he wanted a repsonse from me and I didn't give it to him instead just stopped moving and waiting for him to leave which he did and I told my fellow laners to do the same thing. The game went smoothly I submitted a ticket at the end of the game a punishment was handed out. Also you don't ignore bullies you face them. Decades of research back this up. Ignoring them just lets them continue to abuse, and get what they want. What people are failing to see is there are truly malicious people in this world that love to inflict harm on others. It might work in one game, but they get enough reactions to constitute their behavior because most people react like human beings when responding to threats against their minds.
I don't think that works in this particular situation as you can't face an internet troll.
Rαy (EUW)
: ***
Do you not enjoy facts...you wonder why no real discussion happens on this board when you say things like that ? I'll just go away then You can live in your warped world that every one who doesn't agree with you is incompetent At least I know I am good at this game and would never personally attack someone on a forum
: Even squishy champions who build defensive items get oneshot. Also full tanks die in 4-5s in team fights. If you think you don't get oneshot, I can only assume you're delusional.
I play the game and do well thanks so im pretty sure im doing something right... I play plenty of frontline tanky champions and have no problem surviving in team fights and play artillery mages and understand the matchups to not get bursted by bursty champions.
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: If Certainlyt is making a new champ
It's fun learning how to counter different champions.
KCT1 Lip (NA)
: There is no point in playing a tank in the jung anymore less u are hoping u get to a 30min game.
Zac gragas amumu ramnus are pretty good I find. Average game length is around 30min btw
mack9112 (NA)
: You feel that the fun of the game stems from verbally abusing others through chat and people not wanting to experience that and riot doing something about it has ruined the game for you? Please explain i do not follow
I would say that competitiveness is the best part if that game but what does that have to do with being toxic I do not understand. You can play a game at a competitive level and not be toxic or agressive. People can have conflict and resolve it very easily. I absolutely have arguments with my teammates over plays or in game decisions and they don't warp in toxic verbal assaults. Riot has to step in and do something with people who are unable to regulate themselves as people in the community have proven they are unable to do so.
: and if said bully thrives on their satisfaction of being able to control a situation? They can get bored of attacking you, but they can always move on to the hundreds if not thousands of other people that are vulnerable, or just pester you eternally because they know there is little you can do power gives a "high" response to the brain, even if it's minor. You can hope that they make a mistake, but if the system favors them, it won't do anything to stop them if you ignore them. If they beat the system, it can even increase their "high", making them more of a threat while your own claims have less weight when they already beat you once
But you react to the bully is showing to them that they have power over you. A good example is that many moons ago I had a trolly jungler who came to my lane and started taking my cs . Obviously he wanted a repsonse from me and I didn't give it to him instead just stopped moving and waiting for him to leave which he did and I told my fellow laners to do the same thing. The game went smoothly I submitted a ticket at the end of the game a punishment was handed out.
SonicAF (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=enjdZdLn,comment-id=00040000000000000001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T19:38:02.119+0000) > > Cyberbullying or cyberharassment is a form of bullying or harassment using electronic means. Cyberbullying and Cyberharassment are also known as online bullying. > > Internet trolling is a common form of bullying over the Internet in an online community (such as in online gaming or social media) in order to elicit a reaction, disruption, or for someone's own personal amusement.[11][12] > > All from Wikipedia. > > Absolutely people can feel personally attacked even on the internet we live in a very sensitive era and you have to acknowledge that How do you identify harassment? > Bullying or harassment can be identified by repeated behavior and an intent to harm. I don't know man, I don't know. As for very sensitive era, sensitive people harm me. They harm me more than even actual cyberbullies, let alone random people in the game of league. They are vicious, they are hateful, they play dirty and ruin lifes thinking they've made the world a better place. They are not the majority and I reserve my right to oppose their attempts to control media. Especially the chat of a game I used to love. Passionately. Because they are the ones who spoiled it for me.
You feel that the fun of the game stems from verbally abusing others through chat and people not wanting to experience that and riot doing something about it has ruined the game for you? Please explain i do not follow
: i understand you. but to tell people to not play the game when they obviously have a lot of passion for it just isn't right. the majority of the community can agree that it's headed in the wrong direction. only time will tell i guess.
How can you determine though that the majority of the community is not happy with the game state ? Personally I played well over 1200 games this season and never heard anybody in-game going off about how the game sucks or it's dead or how there is too much damage or any of these terms thrown around on these boards . From my perspective it is the minority within this board that has it's own mindset. League of legends is an amazing game for me because it is ever changing and expanding ! When new items or runes are added into the game i am excited to learn the interactions and theory craft all the many possibilities. When a new champion is released i am not only excited to play the champ but also learn its counter play and matchups. Neeko as an example many people on these boards prefer to just write her off as op and riot ruined the game again rather than actually learn how to play against her which is the fun of the game. League is a game that is always changing and if you are not ok with change then it is not the game for you.
: how does it in any way encourage the bully to stop if you do not react? in a game, you can move on because it's anonymous, but it's not always in line to do so, especially if the person has not reached a full mental maturity, which usually only happens in the early 20's of their lifetime. it's better to remain calm and use logic, or even try to turn their methods around. It's not common, but say someone egged your house. You could joke and say, "next time, use toilet paper. I can't recycle eggs" overall, their behavior was still negative, but actions that are less likely to encourage further behavior are better. The question becomes, how do you monitor this in a virtual setting where the player is anonymous and there are countless ways to probe the system for vulnerabilities to exploit if anything, in real life it would be better to just talk to the person, but as people become increasingly distant from their peers, some won't even allow you to talk to them
Any bully wants a reaction that is the whole point of satisfaction for the bully. If you don't give them that then you leave them with nothing . This can be applied to any bully be it physical or virtual. At the end if the day we live in a very sensitive era and we as a community need to be aware of that. Treat each other with respect and ignore those who do not is my approach and in my 6 years of playing this game I have never received either an account ban or chat ban whole still having plenty of conversations with my fellow players in game.
: not everything is about you mack
I agree completely but this is supposed to be a forum, they express there opinion and you express yours then you discuss . Instead I have a different opinion and get flamed for it...
SonicAF (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=enjdZdLn,comment-id=000400000000000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T19:18:13.600+0000) > > Your words on a screen are just as hurtful as a word in real life . Not even close. Without personal contact and shielded by anonymity, people don't feel as threatened and are quick to demonize the offender without a face, softening the punch at one's psyche and/or self-esteem. They are not even in the same league. And report calling is even softer than that. > Cyber bullying is an actual thing and when you are verbally abusing people in game you are bullying them. Read what cyber bullying is. It is not insulting someone in a videogame or calling for a report.
Cyberbullying or cyberharassment is a form of bullying or harassment using electronic means. Cyberbullying and Cyberharassment are also known as online bullying. Internet trolling is a common form of bullying over the Internet in an online community (such as in online gaming or social media) in order to elicit a reaction, disruption, or for someone's own personal amusement.[11][12] All from Wikipedia. Absolutely people can feel personally attacked even on the internet we live in a very sensitive era and you have to acknowledge that
King Lego (EUNE)
: It's funny how the "don't be a jerk" rule works.
Yes you are the jerk if you are verbally abusing people. CT is an employee of riot and does what they ask him to do. He makes fun ad exciting champions that many people enjoy.
: Anyone remember Tribunal?
Tribunal cannot exist in any way shape or form these days the volume of reports is simply too much.
SonicAF (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=enjdZdLn,comment-id=0004000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2018-12-22T18:53:57.714+0000) > > Socializing is not verbally abusing people ... > > Hello again Considering how inconsequential it is, internet insults are far from irl actual verbal abuse. Report call doesn't even qualify as one. It's an interaction with other players.
Your words on a screen are just as hurtful as a word in real life . Cyber bullying is an actual thing and when you are verbally abusing people in game you are bullying them.
: I'm not flaming them for playing bad, if they are having a bad game I am perfectly fine with that as long as you continue to try to win. But when you just give up, start griefing and intentionally feeding/throwing of course I am going to be upset, I am trying to climb if everyone on my team is trying to win idc if i lose that just means we didn't play as well but when someone is intentionally trying to lose us the game, how am i not suppose to get upset over them wasting time i can never get back?
You should not fuel the fire. Be the sensible one in the situation if they are being silly why should you ? We all have to hold ourself accountable for our own actions and we have to know when it is the time and place to say something. These games can become very heated and if you have something to say that will not benefit your team just hold it to yourself.
SonicAF (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=enjdZdLn,comment-id=00040000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-22T17:42:30.135+0000) > > Your text logs clearly show you do not understand cooperation. > > You play the game for fun not to rage. I cooperate with people when there is a viable channel to communicate with them, like I do in Clash or with my premades in normal games. Chat is an awesome feature to socialise, but it's not a fitting channel to coordinate in-game. Well, it was an awesome feature to socialise, before it became forbidden by Riot Games.
Socializing is not verbally abusing people ... Hello again
: Then why have a ranked ladder composed of skill rating designed to be competitive?
Playing a game competitively is not an excuse to rage at people when they do not perform how you imagined
Show more

mack9112

Level 182 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion