Arakadia (NA)
: You missed my point or did not address it, presumably due to lack of argument.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=E0VW7QEJ,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-22T22:16:37.715+0000) > > You missed my point or did not address it, presumably due to lack of argument. Pretty sure I did address your point. If it was sexist, and basically saying "lol e-girl supports lol" then why thresh? why braum? It proves it wasn't some kind of sexist ban, but instead targeted. I mean, there has to be a reason for why they banned braum and thresh, right? If they're going for a sexist ban phase, why not some other female e-girl type supports? Why them?
Quepha (NA)
: No one on Vaevictis played Nami or Janna in any LCL game They picked Lulu once The OP is incredibly disingenuous because data from last season is less useful than the data we have _from the tournament in question_, and that data shows that none of these three champions are meta, none of them have been shown to be regular picks for Vaevictis, and two of the bans were completely unjustifiable (and the third isn't much better). The bans were obviously BM, there's no way to argue against it, and Riot has to react to BMs like this like they have in the past.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=IHHWqGEh,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-02-22T19:10:17.627+0000) > > No one on Vaevictis played Nami or Janna in any LCL game > They picked Lulu once > > The OP is incredibly disingenuous because data from last season is less useful than the data we have _from the tournament in question_, and that data shows that none of these three champions are meta, none of them have been shown to be regular picks for Vaevictis, and two of the bans were completely unjustifiable (and the third isn't much better). > > The bans were obviously BM, there's no way to argue against it, and Riot has to react to BMs like this like they have in the past. Even if it was BM (which, it could be, but its likely not) Its a challenger level team, vs low diamonds. It doesn't matter they're girls, any challenger them is gonna mess with diamonds, especially in a pro setting. Not saying it was right if it was BM, but even if it was BM it wouldn't be sexist, it'd just be mocking them as other players, not people.
Arakadia (NA)
: You won't get banned because it isn't comparable. Randomly banning 5 supports in a normal is not the same as intentionally banning 5 female supports against an all female team, _even when only one of them is playing support_, for bm when your supposed to be acting proffesional.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=E0VW7QEJ,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-02-22T16:07:30.252+0000) > > You won't get banned because it isn't comparable. Randomly banning 5 supports in a normal is not the same as intentionally banning 5 female supports against an all female team, _even when only one of them is playing support_, for bm when your supposed to be acting proffesional. huh, thresh {{champion:412}} and braum {{champion:201}} are women now? Never knew /s
: The question all support mains must one day ask themselves
to be honest, if supports were anything, they'd be a couch as all adcs are potatoes {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: {{champion:223}} is not a Frog, hes a Catfish, a CATFISH.
> [{quoted}](name=TheBentOn3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AE99MKef,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-10-31T02:39:16.055+0000) > > {{champion:223}} is not a Frog, hes a Catfish, a CATFISH. uninhibit the ribbit unclog the frog unbench the kench {{sticker:sg-syndra}}
Rioter Comments
Dat Kat (EUW)
: {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} I don't get it
> [{quoted}](name=Nirvinian,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=PPgRhhlA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-10-07T19:04:11.524+0000) > > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} > > I don't get it its a moth, and thresh throws lanterns. Glowing bright lanterns.
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zYdfld3z,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-09-22T00:36:11.603+0000) > > Only you would know that and therefore it doesn't get a pass. People shouldn't assume its the religious figure.
> [{quoted}](name=JesusLovesHentai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zYdfld3z,comment-id=0001000000010001,timestamp=2018-09-22T00:48:52.641+0000) > > People shouldn't assume its the religious figure. So if my username was "hitlertheniceguy" and my name was hitler it'd be fine? That logic doesn't hold up to me, still I think the punishment was unfair, just pointing this out. (Side note, excuse my bad example, its just to make a point.)
zoliking (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sV0L5oH4,comment-id=0001000000000003000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T00:23:22.125+0000) > > Oh, is that what the conference in the turbine was about, wow, thanks for explaining, genius. Moron. Do you always pretend for be DKZ? or are you just always hostile? I was trying to simply explain what DKZ retweeting a "joke" about men entering a turbine was about, as you seem to think its just a joke, and it doesn't literally mean he wants people to kill himself (from what I read that is). Welp, no point trying to breakthrough the brickwall you've put up, as you see no interest in trying to understand the other side of the conversation. Good day.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sV0L5oH4,comment-id=0001000000000003,timestamp=2018-09-06T15:12:45.820+0000) > > Looking at his own tweets and how hateful he has been in the past, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he really meant what he said, tho. He really meant that there was a conference in a turbine at LAX?
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sV0L5oH4,comment-id=00010000000000030000,timestamp=2018-09-06T20:25:34.650+0000) > > He really meant that there was a conference in a turbine at LAX? turbines, basically really fast spinning blades People in turbines ***fucking dead mate*** therefore kys 'joke' If I told you that there was a exclusive party only available to men, and all you had to do was tie a noose around your neck to get invited, what do you think I would mean by that?
Adanim (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r8QEsH9I,comment-id=00090002,timestamp=2018-09-03T01:17:33.898+0000) > > So you're saying to me that, since im not black, if I receive hate speech, it ain't racism? Or to put it in simpler terms, if I was black and was the target of racism, it would be racism, but since im not black, if I was the target of racism, it wouldn't be racism? Same with sexism. If I was a woman and said "death to all males" it wouldn't be sexism, but say the same thing and replace males with females and it would be? > > I'm just trying to understand your point here sir. This is going to be quite a large wall of text to explain my point, so bear with me. The point I am trying to make is that Racism is defined and painted in a dictionary with a very broad brush. Racism is defined as discrimination on the basis of race (ethnic background is what I prefer to use since there are no "races" of humans, humans are all one "race" but I digress on this point). This is the literal definition that is only applicable in a world where everyone is equal. Sexism is the same for sex. Sociology, history, psychology, economics, and politics have defined racism as exerting power over a group of people on the basis of race, and using race as a means to maintaining power. Therefore it is impossible for someone to be racist towards whites, sexist towards men, heterophobic, cisphobic, or christianophobic because those are the groups in power. They exert their dominance every single day in every possible subtle and obvious way that they can, and every person who is a member of any of these groups is guilty of it. If you are white and receive hate speech because you are white, that is not racist. Someone who isn't white is expressing to you their hatred of the oppression of non-whites. White people cannot be targeted by racism because racism is exertion of power that is defined by ethnic background. Whites have maintained all of the political, social, and economic power in the world, and they have done so by telling non-whites that they are lesser than and they behave in ways that reinforce those beliefs. People with "black sounding" names aren't hired as often as someone with a "white sounding" name. It's a fact. A black man at a company meeting has to prove that he is worthy of respect and prove he is worth being taken seriously, whereas a white man doesn't. If a Latino doesn't hire a white guy on the basis of him being white, that isn't racist because the white man still has all of the power in society and therefore can easily find a job where he will be hired. Someone non-white will struggle to find a job anywhere because it is unknown whether or not he/she will be denied employment because of their ethnic background. Affirmative Action is often times considered racist towards whites and sexist towards men because it forces companies to hire non-white and non-male employees. It isn't because those people struggle to find work simply on the basis of them not being white/male and a white/male can and will find another job elsewhere easily. Affirmative Action is racially driven, but far from racist. Let's say that you're in high school and a group of Asian kids beats you up simply because you are white. That isn't racism. They are assholes, they did something wrong, and no one should be physically harmed ever, but it wasn't racist. It was essentially them wrongfully taking out their frustration at a white-dominated society on a white kid. If a group of white kids beat up a Latino because of their ethnic background, it's racist because it's an exertion of power, they are telling this kid "remember your place, it's beneath us." If you are a man and hear "death to all men!" are you afraid it will happen? Do you actually fear for your life? Of course not, because sub-consciously you know that it's not going to happen. If a woman hears "death to all women!" by a group of men, she WILL be in fear because it could possibly happen because men have power over women in our society. On another note, women are harassed and attacked and raped every single day by men who are angry that they aren't getting the chance to exert their power as males to get what they want. These are isolated and extreme cases, sure, but women are blamed for the bad things that happen to them, and men aren't blamed at all. If a woman beat up a man, she will be blamed for it. If a man beats up a woman, it's called into question of whether or not she was obedient or if she was rude to him. So women saying "men are trash" aren't sexist. They can't be. They don't have the power that men do in society. You can't exert and maintain what you don't have. I'm just making the point that we like to use the dictionary definition to call out sexism or racism, but the people who do that are often times white, cis, heterosexual, christian males who claim they are being oppressed. They have power, and they are angry that it's not being recognized and it's not getting them their way. "In the eyes of those with power, equality looks and feels a lot like oppression." You have to push back to make change, it's not a line that is drawn, it's a pendulum. It has to swing the other way briefly before it can equalize. If you still don't agree with me by the end of this, then I can't change your mind or force you to see my way of things (@anyone reading this) but I want to bring light to the fact that if we follow the textbook definition of discrimination, then no change will be made because it is accurate only in a perfect, everyone-is-equal world, and we don't live in such a place. I'm a white, cis, heterosexual male so I can understand the discomfort people may have towards my way of thinking, but it's the only way to be able to fight against discrimination on our end. To recognize that we can't be discriminated because we have all the power, and then accept it and fight to make everyone equal. Brofresco is causing more harm than good. Even though he may feel like he's fighting for equality, he's actually damaging it's chances in the way he's going about it.
Alright. While this is a well explained paragraph, and I understand the point you're trying to make, I don't think it applies to all situations. If I went to China, and applied for a job there, but was denied for being a white American, based on what I can tell, you'd think that was racism, right? The Chinese here are the ones with power, and in this situation, im the minority without it. But my shitty situation aside, nobody inherently has power over another, sure they can act like it, they can talk like it, they can try and exert it even though it isn't there, but they don't have power. I remember a story, I believe from 2017? anyways it covered a black man being shot in the back while running from a cop, and guess what, it got coverage, and I'm pretty sure at the time it was everywhere. And people were upset. Rightfully so. People nowadays care about this stuff, and I personally am all for it. But to talk about your rebuttals to my questions, do you really think one dude shoutin "DEATH TO ALL FEMALES" will kill the female population? No, that'd be stupid, and plus it'd end humanity as we know it, but that isn't the point, the point is you say its sexist to say that, but I imagine sexism (and racism) more like a sword, it can harm its current target in the hands of its owner, sure, but if it is used in anothers hand, it will still draw blood. Saying that, at birth, you're given more power then a female if you have balls and a dick is, illogical to me. I grew up in a household where my father was crippled and disabled, while my mother did anything and everything, and I wouldn't say she was powerless. If something works one way, it has to work the same way the other way. You shoot a gun at someone they hurt, you shoot it at yourself you hurt, if it didn't work like that then, well, reality as we know it would collapse. I personally love the internet for a lot of reasons, one is the fact that, nobody cares who you are, or what you do in the real world, we're all equals, and sure in some fat white guys *cough* where his name starts with d and ends with p *cough* mind, he might think he has power over everybody else, but is he right? No. Also to bring up this "If you are a man and hear "death to all men!" are you afraid it will happen? Do you actually fear for your life? Of course not, because sub-consciously you know that it's not going to happen. If a woman hears "death to all women!" by a group of men, she WILL be in fear because it could possibly happen because men have power over women in our society. On another note, women are harassed and attacked and raped every single day by men who are angry that they aren't getting the chance to exert their power as males to get what they want. These are isolated and extreme cases, sure, but women are blamed for the bad things that happen to them, and men aren't blamed at all. If a woman beat up a man, she will be blamed for it. If a man beats up a woman, it's called into question of whether or not she was obedient or if she was rude to him. So women saying "men are trash" aren't sexist. They can't be. They don't have the power that men do in society. You can't exert and maintain what you don't have." I, personally, whenever I walk down the street, is suspicious of everyone I see, you wanna know why? Because anyone of those people could be carrying a knife, and at this very moment want to stab me, is it dumb to think everyone wants me dead? yes, could it be a by product of me being anti-social? yes, but it isn't impossible anyone on the street is carrying a weapon. Doesn't matter if they're female, male, white, black, asian, latina, etc. They all can carry a knife, gun, stick of gum, whatever they want. Hell, im sure if you knew me, you could name at least a million or more people who are better then me, and actually can do things. To end my point, here's another shitty metaphor I came up with. If you believe you're a nobody, that you *can't* do anything you set your mind to, that you *don't* have the power, then you don't. But truly, set your mind to something, something you're passionate about, something you'd love to do, and you'll get there. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is born stronger then anyone else, its your mind that chooses who you are. Bullies will be bullies, but they're only bullies because deep down, they know they're weaker, so they act tougher. Insults are meaningless, unless *you* give them meaning. Nobody has power, unless *you* give in. (congrats for reading all that, as I know writing isn't my strong suit, but hopefully you get the message. Personally I think its great you actually have more reasoning then "whites can't be racist, men can't be sexist" I disagree but opinions are what make us, us. Also you should totally get into writing, this paragraph is pretty well put together and thought out (unlike mine), have a good day!)
Rioter Comments
Kat1 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2018-09-03T14:27:51.246+0000) > > You didn't get the memo? > You can't be sexist towards men, since every man out there holds power and is the alpha and omega of the world. > > So slaying men simply because they are men is not sexist. It's fine, we have to do that stuff to give other people a chance. > > (/s, just in case) You can be sexist to anyone with a sex. Idiot. (/s, just in case)
> [{quoted}](name=DANK KAT MEMES,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=0001000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T14:38:32.838+0000) > > You can be sexist to anyone with a sex. Idiot. > > (/s, just in case) Yah, just not to the sex called male. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} (/s, just in case)
Adanim (NA)
: He's an idiot who doesn't even begin to understand what racism/sexism actually is aside from the obvious. It's actually impossible to be racist towards whites and sexist towards men. Marginalization occurs when a group in power suppresses other groups under the basis of ethnicity/gender/etc. It is impossible to be racist/sexist towards the group(s) committing the oppression
> [{quoted}](name=Adanim,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r8QEsH9I,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-09-02T20:24:31.936+0000) > > He's an idiot who doesn't even begin to understand what racism/sexism actually is aside from the obvious. It's actually impossible to be racist towards whites and sexist towards men. Marginalization occurs when a group in power suppresses other groups under the basis of ethnicity/gender/etc. It is impossible to be racist/sexist towards the group(s) committing the oppression So you're saying to me that, since im not black, if I receive hate speech, it ain't racism? Or to put it in simpler terms, if I was black and was the target of racism, it would be racism, but since im not black, if I was the target of racism, it wouldn't be racism? Same with sexism. If I was a woman and said "death to all males" it wouldn't be sexism, but say the same thing and replace males with females and it would be? I'm just trying to understand your point here sir.
EkyonKun (NA)
: Riot, is this really who you want representing you?
Hmmm, equality, what does that mean, something something everyones given the samething.....And discrimination............Man I see nothing wrong with the actions of riot here {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Tell me your 3 most played champions and I will tell you your personality and greatest fear.
1. {{champion:53}} 2. {{champion:223}} 3. {{champion:17}} Good luck, I switch mains more often then I sleep {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: These shits are like infinity stones right? {{champion:107}} One snap of my fingers and Kha'zix will cease to exist
> [{quoted}](name=SugeMinPikk,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y3lEitEy,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-07-26T17:18:05.379+0000) > > These shits are like infinity stones right? > > {{champion:107}} One snap of my fingers and Kha'zix will cease to exist {{champion:112}} tell me his name again.
: {{champion:31}} use it to become a world devourer {{champion:202}} I have a feeling the netire planet would look like his lotus flowers
> [{quoted}](name=M00ndanc3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y3lEitEy,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-07-26T17:29:42.886+0000) > > {{champion:31}} use it to become a world devourer > {{champion:202}} I have a feeling the netire planet would look like his lotus flowers Actually jhin couldn't use ONE world rune, he'd need atleast 4 before he'd ever even think about using them. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Who are your favorite champs what do you think they would do if they found a world rune?
{{champion:53}} logical course of action: do what {{champion:13}} did. {{champion:223}} bait people with it, as part of a deal. {{champion:17}} become sat- oh wait.... {{champion:150}} new boomerang?
: Edit: Nevermind. Just saw the Red post saying it was a Voidborn. Rather odd since it used blue energy instead of the purple that is typical of the Void.
> [{quoted}](name=ArbiterOfTruth,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aAVRQExF,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-07-26T18:00:40.918+0000) > > Edit: Nevermind. Just saw the Red post saying it was a Voidborn. Rather odd since it used blue energy instead of the purple that is typical of the Void. Not all void creatures are purple, thats just racist. Side note: this is both a joke, but also you can see hints of blue in some void champs, {{champion:90}} has blue eyes, {{champion:421}} has blue scales, and although {{champion:96}} has no blue, he is grey, which doesn't fall in line with the purple color schemes of other void champs. But I too thought it was a watcher, so it was a little confusing.
: Purple guy collecting multicolored stones. RYZE GONNA PITCH SONA OFF A FUCKIN CLIFF.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aAVRQExF,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-07-26T15:52:00.332+0000) > > Purple guy collecting multicolored stones. > > RYZE GONNA PITCH SONA OFF A FUCKIN CLIFF. exactly what I was thinking.
: > [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kbqHR9YX,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-07-19T05:17:00.938+0000) > > Wait a minute, arcade {{champion:412}} not boss? Evil characters are usually bosses not arcades. I call fake! {{sticker:leblanc-funny}} {{sticker:darius-angry}} > > > > PS. this is mean't halfly as a joke ;) arcade hecarim????
> [{quoted}](name=JonnyBoyy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kbqHR9YX,comment-id=000b0002,timestamp=2018-07-20T04:27:08.518+0000) > > arcade hecarim???? Yeah im a derp {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
: > [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kbqHR9YX,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-07-19T05:17:00.938+0000) > > Wait a minute, arcade {{champion:412}} not boss? Evil characters are usually bosses not arcades. I call fake! {{sticker:leblanc-funny}} {{sticker:darius-angry}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:53}}
> [{quoted}](name=GrReaper96,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kbqHR9YX,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2018-07-20T04:23:35.430+0000) > > {{champion:120}} {{champion:53}} Blitz is a boss, but hec is a nice catch, I forgot about him {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: > [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kbqHR9YX,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-07-19T05:17:00.938+0000) > > Wait a minute, arcade {{champion:412}} not boss? Evil characters are usually bosses not arcades. I call fake! {{sticker:leblanc-funny}} {{sticker:darius-angry}} > > > > PS. this is mean't halfly as a joke ;) I know you say this comment is mostly meant to be a joke... but Arcade {{champion:120}} is a thing XD
> [{quoted}](name=Broken Fangz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kbqHR9YX,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-07-20T03:15:10.124+0000) > > I know you say this comment is mostly meant to be a joke... but Arcade {{champion:120}} is a thing XD Huh, I completely forgot about him..... I should've never forgotten the RAINBOW PONY! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
: Someone earlier apparantly """""leaked""""" the next upcoming skins
Wait a minute, arcade {{champion:412}} not boss? Evil characters are usually bosses not arcades. I call fake! {{sticker:leblanc-funny}} {{sticker:darius-angry}} PS. this is mean't halfly as a joke ;)
Eternäl (NA)
: Riot, please let your female champs be muscular
> [{quoted}](name=Eternäl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KrUI0TI0,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-17T17:55:16.491+0000) > > I already had some thoughts about this but especially so now that the new Akali is out. > Just look at the difference between the new Akali splash, a character that is literally a ninja with huge metal weapons she carries around, and Varus > > https://imgur.com/a/gBlXMgc > > To be fair, Varus being muscular, specifically in his upper-body makes sense with having to constantly draw his crazy bow but that doesn't negate my point. > I've seen some people complain about same face syndrome and stuff in the art community and even on the boards but I'm thoroughly more concerned with Riot's 'same physique syndrome'. > > I'm not here to demand an overweight female champ as a Gragas counterpart, I would love to see the physiques of female champs to better reflect their lore and roles in the game. Keep the mages as dainty as you want but why does Leona look physically weaker than a squishy like Varus, Draven or Kayne and not more like her ally Pantheon? They have the same upbringing, even dueled each other for hours and remained even in skill and strength, and both received power at the top of mt Targon. Despite all this Leona looks like she could barely lift her shield while Pantheon looks like he could throw his spear to the top of mt Targon without trying. > > It seems as though riot just doesn't put out female champs in the gray area between every other female champ and Illaoi. > That's just my **onion** though. ONION?!!?!?!?!? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
Ralanr (NA)
: I always thought those were magic lasers generated by runes.
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fwv5y9KG,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T19:02:49.669+0000) > > I always thought those were magic lasers generated by runes. If you look closely, they have the sort of hazard lines outlining the squares the lasers are coming from. Plus if you look at the current silver fang splash, she has these mechanical wolverine style gauntlets
: again...
YOU FORGOT {{champion:427}} YOU MONSTER!
: Ryze :(
Just wait for his rework. It'll come eventually......
: I wouldn't call a sleep-inducing grindfest a good game...But that could just be personal preferences.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=s7hmnYp0,comment-id=001600000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T15:49:12.313+0000) > > I wouldn't call a sleep-inducing grindfest a good game...But that could just be personal preferences. Have you played any of the recent story quests? (natah, second dream, war within, sacrifice) Have you read up on the extensive lore? have you done any of the side quests for some warframes? (Like octavia's anthem) Its a lot more then just grindy sleep-inducing gameplay. Sure grinding is at the core of it, and for that you can dislike it, but try some of the other stuff like quests, or lore, and trust me, you'll like the game more. Anyway feel free to dislike it, but saying its a terrible game just because you dislike a core mechanic (which is an opinion) is unfair to those who haven't tried it, and are possibly looking into playing it.
: I was in prison for the entire duration of the Noxian invasion. Why should I care about it?
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AG25pWcX,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-07-17T03:22:30.807+0000) > > I was in prison for the entire duration of the Noxian invasion. Why should I care about it? More people in ionia = more people to kill Jhin would care, probably
: > [{quoted}](name=He Who Struggles,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AG25pWcX,comment-id=000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-07-16T22:29:15.951+0000) > > {{champion:98}} Doesn't really hold a grudge either. Heck in his lore it is said that Shen even saved Noxus from a spiritual invasion Okay so that's two Ionians I guess. But I'd still hazard a guess that Shen wasn't the biggest fan of the war.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AG25pWcX,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-07-17T05:48:38.637+0000) > > Okay so that's two Ionians I guess. > > But I'd still hazard a guess that Shen wasn't the biggest fan of the war. if it probably upset the balance of things or something, then probably yeah.
Salson (EUNE)
: she's 'pulling a Sasuke' on Shen. She's still his ally, just more aloof one. I ain't abandoning that ship. > But does this also mean that the Kinkou order is now just Shen? Is that even an order anymore? He still has Kennen, tough he'll probably be some sort of ninja fanboy, the way Poppy and Kled represent Demacia and Noxus. Makes Kinkou vs Shadows a fair 2v2 fight.
> [{quoted}](name=Salson,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ryKTsoL8,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-07-16T21:25:09.529+0000) > **She's still his ally, just more aloof one.** So kind of like catwoman and batman?
: It can be an homage without being a complete duplicate. It also didn't have to be a recolor. Please see Shadow Evelynn, Masquerade Evelynn, and Emerald Taric. Nearly all of the Arcade skins, and also the Star Guardian skins, are homages to other stories and characters. So is Yellowjacket and Frozen Shen. It was possible to preserve the homage without replacing it entirely.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rURbEczh,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-16T21:45:45.457+0000) > > It can be an homage without being a complete duplicate. It also didn't have to be a recolor. Please see Shadow Evelynn, Masquerade Evelynn, and Emerald Taric. > > Nearly all of the Arcade skins, and also the Star Guardian skins, are homages to other stories and characters. So is **Yellowjacket** and Frozen Shen. It was possible to preserve the homage without replacing it entirely. Just since I wanna get this out there, if you look at yellowjackets splash and stingers splash, it looks like the same battlefield, no? Probably a really easy to spot detail, but I just wanted to mention it.
: Went from a recolor to an actual skin, and you are the one complaining about MK references?
> [{quoted}](name=ThePaffLegacy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rURbEczh,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-07-16T21:18:50.109+0000) > > Went from a recolor to an actual skin, and you are the one complaining about MK references? He's not complaining about it being changed into an actual skin instead of a recolor, he's complaining about it being changed to a new skin line instead of being Visually Updated. Too lazy didn't read: it got changed into something different, it didn't get updated.
: Emerald Taric Enchanted Galio Masquerade Evelynn Shadow Evelynn Yellowjacket Shen Frozen Shen Noxus Poppy Human Ryze Tribal Ryze Feral Warwick Need I go on? EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of these skins were basic recolors. Then Riot _UPDATED_ them in the VGU to give them more personality and uniqueness, and NONE of them were completely removed and replaced with an entirely different thematic. Crimson Akali had a thematic - it was Akali in red. They could have literally gone any direction with it, just like with Emerald Taric, and still preserved the thematic of a ninja in red. But they didn't. They replaced it with a demon woman skin. What Riot has done with Crimson isn't even comparable to what they did with the skins I've listed above.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rURbEczh,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2018-07-16T23:50:55.511+0000) > > Emerald Taric > Enchanted Galio > Masquerade Evelynn > Shadow Evelynn > Yellowjacket Shen > Frozen Shen > Noxus Poppy > Human Ryze > Tribal Ryze > Feral Warwick > > Need I go on? EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of these skins were basic recolors. Then Riot _UPDATED_ them in the VGU to give them more personality and uniqueness, and NONE of them were completely removed and replaced with an entirely different thematic. Crimson Akali had a thematic - it was Akali in red. They could have literally gone any direction with it, just like with Emerald Taric, and still preserved the thematic of a ninja in red. But they didn't. They replaced it with a demon woman skin. What Riot has done with Crimson isn't even comparable to what they did with the skins I've listed above. I mean, off the top of my head, if you said crimson akali, I'd personally think like vampire. With the rework of the smoke, dashes, and daggers, I think it COULD fit, kind of. But why change the skin ENTIRELY? (besides of course there being a red akali based skin alread (blood moon))
: I love playing against Zoe because most of them are bad. The only times I hate fighting Yasuo are when I fuck up early on and the entire lane just slowly goes under his control because I gave a late-game champion a lead, or when my *team* feeds the shit out of him. Kalista is just annoying to fight if you don't have mobility, or she gets a Rageblade and a Lulu, and gets fed. She's fine otherwise.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=Bh4otIhT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-16T23:43:25.004+0000) > I love playing against Zoe because most of them are bad. Sooooo they still one shot you and jump around like crazy, have 5 flashes in one team fight, can instantly delete anyone who isn't a tank, and even if she misses THE START OF HER ENTIRE ONESHOT COMBO, it sits on the ground like nothing happened. Missing is rewarded folks!
: Hope you know most league players are in bronze to gold so balancing around challenger thoughts is not exactly the best idea. Moreover, Challengers get one shot by Wukong same as Bronzes. The core game stays the same
> [{quoted}](name=VermillionWolf,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AecXzhlE,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T01:26:59.733+0000) > > Hope you know most league players are in bronze to gold so balancing around challenger thoughts is not exactly the best idea. Moreover, Challengers get one shot by Wukong same as Bronzes. The core game stays the same Yeah, otherwise azir would have to keep getting nerfed {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Sugar Momma,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=PTnuOItk,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-07-16T23:53:39.880+0000) > > {{champion:222}} is way flatter but she has her own music video so she's basically a pop star. What does {{champion:84}} have...? her virginity :D
> [{quoted}](name=Kamehaamehaa,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=PTnuOItk,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-07-17T00:27:10.299+0000) > > her virginity :D Considering her pre-rework constume, are you really sure about that?
: "Did you get reworked?" "Yes." "Did you get an amazing kit?" "Yes." "What did it cost?" "....Everything..."
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=PTnuOItk,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-07-17T04:31:03.273+0000) > > "Did you get reworked?" > "Yes." > "Did you get an amazing kit?" > "Yes." > "What did it cost?" > > "....Everything..." Your name makes the joke all the better {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=marpatt11,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=btYaMaj4,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-07-06T00:06:50.398+0000) > > his quote actual does quite the opposite to me. TIL being a lesbian is the opposite of being a criminal
> [{quoted}](name=CapnMorganFr3man,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=btYaMaj4,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-07-06T03:21:30.965+0000) > > TIL being a lesbian is the opposite of being a criminal Either your a troll, or you're slightly mentally impaired, either way, I tried my best to explain to you possibly why you were getting downvoted, and instead you took ONE LINE out of 9 that doesn't even relate to your statement. I don't even understand how you got that being a lesbian is the opposite of being a criminal. I was saying it COULD refer to her sexuality, but its more plausible that it was referring to her criminality. Anyway, you obviously don't want my information, so I'm just going to go.
: You forgot the best one; when he legit calls out {{champion:254}} on not being a lesbian.
> [{quoted}](name=CapnMorganFr3man,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=btYaMaj4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-05T19:12:26.090+0000) > > You forgot the best one; when he legit calls out {{champion:254}} on not being a lesbian. his quote actual does quite the opposite to me. vs ally "Child, why would you sublimate a hunger? Have you forgotten who you are?" sublimating a hunger (or desire in this case) would more mean trying to be standard and fit in, as piltover/zaun are more of a victorian england vibe then present day, her truly being her (as many people think) wouldn't be accepted in that day and age. It could also refer to her history, as perhaps tahm thinks at heart, she's a thief/criminal, and has forgotten her true ways in favor of law enforcement. Also im ignoring this one as its more of a taunt then attacking her true nature "A boxer who thinks with her fists must inevitably punch with her face."
: Dark Matter Zac (+ Voice Effects)
I still don't know why we don't have gentleman zac/Superhero zac, he even says it himself "I should get a suit"
Eggbread (NA)
: Not really? Who's Good and who's Bad in the current Versus event? If you say Garen is good and Darius is bad then you haven't read the lore behind the event or get what the skins embody. Neither is good or bad. It's just two conflicting ideals with upsides and downsides, just like Jayce and Viktor in the actual lore.
> [{quoted}](name=The God of Rams,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=aEvZLtw8,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-07-03T02:56:10.860+0000) > > Not really? Who's Good and who's Bad in the current Versus event? If you say Garen is good and Darius is bad then you haven't read the lore behind the event or get what the skins embody. Neither is good or bad. It's just two conflicting ideals with upsides and downsides, just like Jayce and Viktor in the actual lore. Yeah, you have a solid point. I guess chaos isn't really evil, and order isn't good, dictators are certainty evil, but they're the most order you can get. While free will is chaos, but everyone deserves that. I was just thinking of riven and yas, since I haven't really gotten into this event for league, as I'm kind of done until they actually get it into a good spot. My mistake.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fKrkHzV7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-02T00:51:20.088+0000) > > I remember when these memes were either a flaming building or a computer from the 1990s Then you my friend missed the days were everyone would joke about EUW server being a bunch of wires connected to a potato.
> [{quoted}](name=What Is Smite,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fKrkHzV7,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2018-07-02T07:52:41.092+0000) > > Then you my friend missed the days were everyone would joke about EUW server being a bunch of wires connected to a potato. Wait so riots EUW servers are an ai? Shit...... PS: if you don't understand this reference, you haven't truly lived.
Vyniadus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=aEvZLtw8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-01T18:49:41.059+0000) > > kayn vs rhaast is probably one of the more likely ones The only reason I doubt it happening is because it might not be fair for only one champion to be put in the spotlight.
> [{quoted}](name=Vyniadus,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=aEvZLtw8,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-01T19:03:21.327+0000) > > The only reason I doubt it happening is because it might not be fair for only one champion to be put in the spotlight. Maybe they'd just include a kayn vs skin in one of the events, as a person not wanting to choose a side, at least for now or something.
Eggbread (NA)
: The first three are all pretty equally likely to happen.
> [{quoted}](name=The God of Rams,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=aEvZLtw8,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-07-01T21:21:15.152+0000) > > The first three are all pretty equally likely to happen. Only problem with {{champion:112}} vs {{champion:126}} Is they'd have to name one "good" and the other "bad". And if you've read their lore, it seems they don't really want to frame it that way.
: Well, he's still huge when standing near a human, and in Ult form he's even bigger. They probably didn't make him into a real giant because everytime there's a champion that size, there are bound to be issues with him, for example, Galio. Galio is colossal, literaly, yet he taunts Sion in a way that makes us think Sion is the same size as Galio, while Sion is somewhat bigger then a normal human, but not in the same way as Galio. The same problem rises with Cho'gath and Malphite.
> [{quoted}](name=calibergunsaint,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=9A6NRJxr,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-06-28T13:46:35.658+0000) > > Well, he's still huge when standing near a human, and in Ult form he's even bigger. > They probably didn't make him into a real giant because everytime there's a champion that size, there are bound to be issues with him, for example, Galio. Galio is colossal, literaly, yet he taunts Sion in a way that makes us think Sion is the same size as Galio, while Sion is somewhat bigger then a normal human, but not in the same way as Galio. > The same problem rises with Cho'gath and Malphite. I feel like the whole galio V sion thing is probably more of galio WANTING someone like that, as if he had an immortal magic buddy, then both of them would just fight forever. Either that, or sion appeared in a lot of the same battles as (statue/unawakened) galio.
Show more

marpatt11

Level 41 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion