Volcanuz (OCE)
: Find me one that doesn't have a skin that bares their assets close to soft core levels and ill agree with you.
Leona, Diana, Lux, Illaoi, Camille, Tristana, Poppy, Lulu, Annie (thank god), Rek'Sai, Kalista, Taliyah, Orianna, Xayah, Anivia, Zoe, Kayle, Irelia, Quinn, Fiora, Sejuani, Karma (she shows a leg but we're not puritans mate), Lamb, Lissandra, Riven seems generally good, Shyvana, Vi. That's 27/43, a pretty good number honestly. That's more than half. Now if we remove 4 to account for the 4 you mentioned above, that's still 23/39, or 58% of the female champions who aren't overly sexualized. Now let's account for femme fatale champions, female champions who actually utilize sex appeal as part of their gimmick. Ahri, Evelynn, Miss Fortune, Elise, Cassiopeia, and Zyra. (at least in her old lore, so take her being on this with a grain of salt). In addition, some of them, such as Ahri, Evelynn, and Cass are playing into classic mythological tropes. Ahri plays into the Kumiho, Evelynn plays into the succubus, and Cass plays into the lamia, all three of them being mythological monsters that would use the form of a beautiful woman to seduce young men to feed on them. Hell, even Elise plays into a classic Yokai, the Jorogumo, spiders who transform into beautiful women with spider legs who, you guessed it, prey on young men. Zyra is based on the Alraune or whatever its called, basically demon plant woman. So lets scratch those ones off the list. Jinx will also be removed as she's different from societal standards of beauty and is also shown to be bonkers and probably wearing her getup for shock value. Neeko will also be removed because she lives in the jungle and is using what scraps of cloth she can. Now we've got ones that have flimsy at best reasons for being so scantily clad, these are ones I'll give you. Ashe: she lives in fantasy Norway/Russia, why is she wearing something so low-cut? Katarina, even as an assassin she should be wearing more. Kai'sa, there's an argument that the void suit is going so low because women do need breathing room for their breasts, but she's going on the list anyway. Sivir, what's with her getup. Leblanc has no legit reason to wear what she does. Caitlyn has been recognized by Riot as having an outdated look that doesn't fit her fantasy. For someone who's wearing animal fur, Nidalee isn't wearing nearly enough. I think I've made my point, though, that very few of the female champions are hypersexualized.
: remember when nintendo made Link right handed in breath of the wild? ya some people still getting over that.
Well, that started in Wii Twilight Princess. Still find it a dumb change, especially in Breath of the wild. No one is going to get confused over visuals when they mash a button to attack.
: I'm not trying to join on the I hate change bandwagon, but I'm struggling to understand why they changed Volibear into this.
They're trying to make things more fleshed out, and before recent lore developments, there wasn't much really out there about the Freljord besides Lissandra's plot. By making Volibear into an eldritch deity, they can make the walking, talking bears more consistent with the world (since Vastaya seem to have more human traits overall besides Rengar) while creating an interesting and horrifying force within the Freljord. It also kinda ties into an interesting theme around the Freljord lately, where many characters from the location seem to be introduced as almost fairy tales come to life. Braum teaches kids about heroics, Ornn is a stern god figure, and Volibear is the horror behind the things that go bump in the night, the strange figures you see in the woods. Basically, he's almost like a physical manifestation of scary stories that could be told by mountain tribes. Stories of huge beasts, stories of corrupted humans, stories about creatures that just never die. He's a nightmare given flesh, a somewhat cooler concept than polar bear that shoots lightning, at least in my opinion.
Terozu (NA)
: Riot Kayle looks great. Love the ponytail.
This is giving me MCU Vulture vibes with those wings. I'm digging it.
darkdill (NA)
: Who should steal Lux's first kiss: Sylas or Ezreal?
I used to hate Ezreal and as a result would have said neither, but Ezreal became great in his rework and now I'd be on board with the two getting together. It's certainly less skeevy than Sylas.
: Sylas Special interactions
Eh, his kit seems all right and his character is fine, I just have a moral disagreement with him. Sure, Demacia could be less harsh, but mages are people capable of all sorts of horrific things. The Rune Wars were caused by mages, when mages are left unchecked we get things like Brand and Vlad. Weapons are regulated generally, why shouldn't mages? If someone is capable of causing widespread destruction just because of who they are, they should be heavily regulated and kept in line by the government. On a side note, this has always been my issue with the X-men. "Mutants are humans too!" You might be human, cyclops, but one slip up and you're blasting lasers all over the place. Don't come near me.
Krynnˉ (NA)
: Look at the video then look at Pyke's in game teeth. His teeth were small and thin like the Akali video shows but then they put like 5 big ones that look nothing like his splash.
Do you want them to be thinner than [this](https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nunjWPnb3Qk/Wv83_ClHPjI/AAAAAAAA_7g/mIQdNriYs2EF71Y8hxUpND4H3l7l6nzDgCLcBGAs/s1600/pyke.jpg)? They can't get much more thin without turning into a pixely mess. They already made it not the bowser junior mask.
Krynnˉ (NA)
: She can get her teeth on her mask but Pyke can't :( (Glad to see they changed it though based on feedback)
But Pyke did get his teeth though.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lVA9PLkF,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-01T11:36:26.181+0000) > > Not every female skin is sexualised. Let's play a game, let's count every female character skin released in 2017 and 2018, and see how many of them aren't sexualized!
Super galaxy Annie, Cyber Pop Zoe, Pool Party Zoe, Project Vayne, Project Vi, Infernal Akali, Sashimi Akali, Silverfang Akali, Dark Star Orianna, Victorious Orianna, Eternum Cassiopeia, Odyssey Jinx, Odyssey Sona, Pulsefire Caitlyn, Pulsefire Riven, Hextech Poppy, Earnest Elf Jinx, Snow Fawn Poppy, Dark Waters Diana, and more. You've got a major case of personal bias on this topic.
: I've always liked Ezreal in concept, but felt he always fell short of realizing the potential of his young explorer archetype. I love new Ezreal, mostly because it addresses some of the issues I had with old Ezreal - namely that he was just too good at everything to be a compelling or interesting character. He was always a little arrogant, but it never reached Jayce levels of "clear character flaw," so he never really felt believable. Otherwise, he was the perfect guy. Good-looking, highly intelligent, athletic, cool, with an awesome magical gauntlet. New Ezreal seems like they were aware of the issue, and are writing him much more like a young, naive screw-up who, while talented and everything, also regularly makes silly mistakes (Forgetting to bring food during his spelunking? Bringing a single rope that he doesn't even know the length of? Carelessly leaving that artifact where civilians could touch it?), gets too wrapped up in himself to think about other people, leaps before looking, and tries way too hard to make himself look cool, only to come across as a huge dork. Instead of playing the "perfect and untouchable flawless genius" character type straight as they did with old Ezreal, they're deconstructing it and even making fun of it to an extent. I find much more compelling, especially with the addition of him wanting to be cool so that his parents come back to him giving it a sad edge. He's meant to come off as a little obnoxious, because he's trying too hard to impress. He is a greatly flawed kid, and I love it. He's reckless, self-absorbed, and dishonest, and I can get behind that. He's a prodigal teenager who didn't have a strong authority figure in his life, and his role models were a bunch of devil-may-care explorers. His reputation and what other people think of him is all he really has to define himself. He has lots of room to grow and improve, and with clear character flaws this time it's easier for Riot to use him in other stories, so that he can have compelling conflicts and grow as a person. I look forward to seeing them explore the emotions that he's most definitely repressing in favor of his facade. Hopefully Riot comes through.
If you look back through my comments, you'll find that I've been very open about my intense hatred of Ezreal because he always felt too mary-sueish. He was naturally good at everything and was cocky and arrogant, but at the same time he saw his legions of fans as annoying? Yet at the same time lets books be written about him? He just annoyed me so much, I couldn't stand him. His gameplay looked fun but I just couldn't like him because he felt like an arrogant jerk who they tried to make not an arrogant jerk who everyone loved. I love new Ezreal so much. He's funny, hes dorky, he's awkward, I still don't really support Luxreal but it's more believable now and his reactions around her make him feel so much more human (except in SG Ez, I really dislike his SG lux interactions), and he's just so fun now. He's looking out for himself first and foremost but he also screws things up all the time, makes actual mistakes, and feels a lot more good-natured overall. This rework has made me do a 180 on my Ezreal opinion.
: The primordial ones where more at the core of the issue each other and probably should have stayed like this with the added thematic of a kingdom.
I think it's an interesting direction to go for this year, because even if I did describe chaos as more a good guy this year, he definitely still has a lot of morality issues that need work, since what he wants is total anarchy. I think they're trying for a different theme so it doesn't feel like a repeat of last year, which is why we have two different extremes fighting for their values with no in-between. Only this time, they've wrapped others up in their conflict instead.
: I'm not partecipating at the event. I'm tired of seeing the "order" guys just being the biggest a-holes in the universe while the "chaos" ones are always more relatable and human than their counterpoarts while they should be as much as dislikeable.
I mean, last year it seemed the opposite. Riven seemed more "listen guys, if you just do whatever you want, things will be awful. Some freedoms just aren't feasible for a working society." Yasuo, meanwhile, just seemed like a "I don't like the system, so we should tear it down," person. Riven seemed like a good guy. This year, Garen is keeping people down to keep them safe, while Darius wants a society where people have to suffer but can still go. Chaos seemed like the bad guy last year, while this year order certainly seems more villainous.
Sukishoo (NA)
: HA! Knew it! That's to the disbeliever that said Riot wasn't gonna give Urgot a skin. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Now it just makes me wonder what the theme will be. I know there's the Star Guardian theme out there that's just an on-going Meme, and I doubt that would be the first skin seen on him in years (if ever). I was still hoping for the Dark Star theme myself, but we've already had two dark stars (fairly far apart at this point) so I dunno if we'll see more this year. Not sure what other theme would really be amazing on him...
To be fair, the reason we have these dark star skins so far apart is because DS Cho is a limited time make-a-wish skin. Most skin lines will probably release at the same time in normal situations.
: > [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jRfElUcg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-14T19:11:16.871+0000) > > Yah, I put a long response on another post. But people fail to realize the placement of lines is a large part of what we do. > i.e. We know "Taunts" are most often triggered while hiding in brush with friends-- so this is great place for Aatrox to show a funnier side. We know an Enemy "flashing mastery" can be tilting-- so we can make that experience less toxic for the Aatrox player with a little burn. Alos Aatrox is mostly likely calm when he walking back from base to lane early game but seriously angry late game while attacking an enemy champion. > > The number of lines relates to the experience and how fresh we want to keep it. (For example Jokes require more variance than serious lines. Also triggers that occur more often and/or in a more noticeable, less intense game state require more variance too. > > Thanks for noticing the work!{{sticker:sg-kiko}} He honestly doesn't have a funnier side. Seriousness and coolness 24/7/365. Just like a scientist or economist doing research for a study or project, you needed to do the same on the champ.
Have you ever seen scientists working on a project? They take their work seriously, but they make a lot of jokes at the same time.
Sinistra (EUNE)
: Justicar Aatrox missing some teal
I mostly like how it looks, i just really want that halo over him. That's what made me get the skin in the first place.
Elfezen (NA)
: The lore remains static because its a moba game, the characters (and skins) that are released should remain the way they are and the most they can get is bios of their origins, Gankplank is the only one who changed based on lore but still the acctual reason was behind a gameplay and model update in the first place
Akali's VGU will also be moving her plot forward, as they said it's current Akali having grown up more. So two characters will have had real plot progression. Also maybe Riven and Yasuo have had plot progression.
: Which champion's visuals are your favourite?
For a long while it would have been aurelion sol, but I may have to go for Pyke. In a rather minimalistic look he manages to convey that he's this revenant mass murderer and his overall look is menacing. Except for when he uses W. I'm sorry, with his body just wriggling like that I know it's supposed to be a shark but I can't see anything but a ghostly mass murder slinking along the docks looney tunes style. Other than that he's a 10/10 though.
: You know..... We only ever see Jax's hands. Who's to say he's not possessed by a Darkin already? It would explain why we continued to use the lamp after his weapon rights were returned. ;p
He's a void-touched Icathian in the new lore, and his lamppost is now something called the Last Light of Icathia. No ties to the Darkin seem feasible without overcrowding his character.
: > [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=9qBvv0r2,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-01T06:59:09.045+0000) > > Noted. Lovely to see you in my little thread! Another thing about Swain that I think would be really important to expand upon sooner or later is a bit more detail on this vague future threat he wants to prevent is. I think a big part of humanizing why he's so not very nice is that "the ends justify the means" mentality where he's actually trying to save humanity from something or other, but we don't yet have even scraps of information with which to guess about it. He just comes across as a nasty ruler who you have to swear fealty to (along with Darius and another unknown that might get expanded upon in 2020) or die with some vague notion that he's doing this for some kind of reason.
I'm guessing it's either the Darkin or the Void. The Void might be slightly more likely, as they seem like the biggest imminent threat to Runeterra (I'd say maybe the shadow isles is more certain, but they seem to stick mostly to Bilgewater), and the Darkin seem pretty low on numbers. Not that they're not powerful, but against the runeterran natives of the league roster they probably wouldn't stand a chance without really bulking up their numbers. It could also be Mordekaiser, though, as swain makes references to Mordekaiser beginning his march.
afmghost (NA)
: Is pyke the new Yasuo?
Interestingly, I've never encountered a Pyke player yet who hasn't been super nice. One time one instalocked Pyke when I called support, but apologized and was genuinely sorry (and let me go mid so I could practice Cho). We wound up doing really well together. Other ones I've met have just been super nice. I'm sorry you've only encountered crappy players, you shouldn't have to go through with that, but you have just been having bad luck.
: Piltover seems to respect individual rights the most. Although I'm confused now that Zaun is apparently part of it, how does that work government/citizen-wise? All the Zaun/Piltover connections still make it seem like they are pretty distinct places... I'd pick Bandle City, but we have basically no information on how Bandle works in the newer lore, so I didn't pick it.
Just to try and explain Piltover and Zaun, Piltover is a highly controlled place where there's a lot of progress, but a lot of inventions get shut down even in the planning stages. Zaun is a much more criminal place, where laws are pretty much made by the corrupt Chem-Barons, but people can make what they want, for better or worse. Zaun is a much more hazardous place, but it's where a lot of the workers in Piltover come from and has many up and coming geniuses such as Ekko.
: (POLL) What region of Runeterra would you like to live in?
Bilgewater. It's a bit chaotic, which I normally don't like, but I love the atmosphere and even if it's lawless there are clearly still rules and bounty hunters to act as the (admittedly money focused) justice system. Plus, the high population of the city suggests that it isn't just murder and mayhem, even if people going missing isn't an uncommon event. Plus, I love the ocean, so I could probably find work on the slaughter docks or on a boat. Though I'd have to watch out for Pyke.
: > [{quoted}](name=SleepingVictors,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LFpdi4yT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-04T16:08:56.931+0000) > > Worst part is that he's not a great jgler lol so they proceed to being useless. Agreed. His jungling doesn't seem, at all functional, due to his high cooldowns. Plus, his kit (despite being that of an assassin) requires a teammate [or teammates] to follow up, and NONE of the players I've seen using him in the jungle ever gank. They just farm and farm and farm. If they aren't farming, they're invading and being killed by the enemy jungler (EVERY TIME) because they think they're strong duelists, for some odd reason. My problem with this is that, if you tell anyone, here on the Boards, that Pyke is a Support and not a Jungler, you get downvoted to all hell and/or called an idiot [or anything close to it].
I remember I was playing with a group and said I was going Pyke, and everyone said sure. They then pushed me into midlane, even though I thought it was apparent that that meant I wanted to go support. Even though I actually did pretty well, it was still not a super fun game until I had people helping me. I want to play him support. He's a support, he's built around being a support. Why do people keep shoving him into other lanes? Sure, his winrate in those lanes is higher but he came out two days ago and few people seem to know how to play a support who isn't just a heal bot. He'll come out on top as a support, I'm sure. I'm just happy to have another addition to my support lineup though. He's super fun.
: Also remember, I don't think Pyke will murder you if you're not a sailor of any kind. The general population of tanners, blacksmiths, fishmongers, prostitutes, tavern owners and everyone else who conducts business in the city, and not out at sea, would be safe, since they wouldn't have been part of a crew and thus end up on Pyke's list. As far as we've seen, he's killing captains, first mates, and people who've served on pretty much ANY ship, but we don't have any records of Pyke killing people who haven't served on a ship.
Actually, it says that as long as they're involved in Slaughter Docks business they get on the list. He's said to kill bankers in his bio. You don't need to be a sailor, you just need to have been involved in butcher or hunter business.
: Adding onto this, while there are certainly bound to be unspoken rules in Bilgewater to keep it from being a straight-up free-for-all, it also has to be taken into account that the gangs of Bilgewater would have their own laws for their territory. And, on top of that, there's also bounty hunters, like Miss Fortune, who wouldn't mind raking in a couple Serpents to rein in some egregious law-breakers. Bilgewater's a crappy place to be, no mistake, but there's certainly worse places to live in.
Honestly, if I weren't so wimpy and likely to be killed, it's probably where I would go. You can probably make a good living just sponsoring certain ships and stuff.
: So it essentially sounds like Chaos vs. Order.
I wouldn't even say that, because there aren't law people going around trying to keep the violence under control. Miss Fortune is a bounty hunter but she needs personal gain to actually do a job, she doesn't just kill for the sake of keeping the peace. It's a lawless place, and there's no straight up good force in it, it's just a place where people live their way but don't always do whatever they want because they have to live there too. There can never really be order, since the entire city is founded on lawlessness and true freedom, but it's not just a constant fight for your life.
: Oh it's pretty much "just" Void influence. Given that the Void is an immaterial dimension (safe for some bits a bit "close" to reality) that can only creep out in places where the "rules" of reality cannot be "checked on" (like in the deepest Holwing Abyss, under the burning sands of Shurima, the dark reaches of space, or the lowest depths of the ocean - or places where the rules of the world are actively rejected, aka Icathia), it means the only thing that can perist in it are abstract concepts. Kinda like most Voidborn are several manifestations of different concepts of "Hunger". On a sidenote this could also imply that {{champion:145}}'s symbiont only appears as such and is actually her own mutated body, formed by the wishes of a child who longed for protection. But this is getting offtopic... So having a parasitic memeplex (probably the most fitting academic word you'd use for "sentinent story that keeps itself alive" in our world you could classify religion as that) wouldn't be as far as something so very similiar from something that can exist in the Void. Or rather, it can only be created in areas close to the Void, where the general rules of reality start not completly falling apart, but where the veil that seperates the Void from reality is so thin, it just "bends" the rules a little. The question is just: is this minimal Void-Influence on the Isles natural? Or was the ancient civilication where the city was build on people like the Icathians? Also, Bilgewater is only a small part of the Blue Flame Isles - and H. P. Lovecraft loved his crazy indigious island cultist for his story, you see? Maybe, just maybe, Icathia was not the only ancient civilication to reach beyond the veil... Note: I heard of the anime, even saw the first EP, then dropped it because it appeared like generic garbage. Was it actually woth watching?
The lore of the void literally describes its inhabitants as "construct creatures." That's as far away from immaterial as you can get. Plus, Icathians were directly exposed to the void and seemed to see stuff moving about inside it, so it's definitely a physical place. And Riot confirmed that the Shadow Isles aren't tied to the void, while Pyke's color scheme isn't tied to the void at all. Also, saying that Kai'sa's suit thing (stated to be a symbiont) is just a figment of her mind, that any character tied to this stuff could just have fake memories as as a result of the void, really undermines a lot of characterization stuff. It's the issue with the unreliable narrator: you need the opposing view to show that they're unreliable, just not revealing information is poor storytelling. We've been told that Pyke was a person, that Kai'sa actually has the symbiont, all sorts of things. Just saying "they're just imagining it or trying to exist" undermines the characters and makes them very different than what Riot intends and states them to be.
: It's a wonder anyone still lives in Bilgewater, no matter how prosperous the trade
The thing to remember is that while all this bad stuff can happen, it's not the only stuff that happens. People die a lot, but given that a lot of people wander about without getting killed shows that it's not a permanent PUBG game. It's a lawless city, but it seems like there are tules to the place, like the bilgewater tithe existed before Nautilus was a giant, so it's not impossible there are unspoken rules that keep normal people from just being mass murderers. Basically, it's certainly something of a hell hole, but it's got more to it. If you list only the bad of any place, any place will sound inhospitable. Looking more into some of your specific points, you only get killed by Nautilus if he doesn't collect your payment, and while Fizz certainly steals Tithes from time to time, the large number of ships that don't get killed by Nautilus shows that Fizz isn't constantly screwing people over. Tahm Kench only targets people who are desperate, and even then isn't a force specific to Bilgewater. His bio talks about him showing up in Piltover, so he's not the best example for why Bilgewater shouldn't be lived in. Pyke certainly kills a lot of people, but that doesn't seem to be everything he does. I mean, it's his occupation but he's been doing this for years and hasn't made much of a dent in the Bilgewater population. A good chunk of your other points could fit with almost any city with gang violence, or any violence at all really. Bilgewater just lacks a legal system, and even then as previously stated it's not just a free for all. And there's good too. You can make your fortune, sail the seas, discover ancient treasure, and more. People will always have their reasons for living in certain places. Why does anyone live in Zaun? Because there they can make what they want, and sometimes save lives or do amazing things that they wouldn't be able to do in Piltover. It's like that.
: > [{quoted}](name=midnight oil24,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pi41l84p,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-06-01T00:41:45.006+0000) > > Yeah. I like how they show that when dealing with tricksters it's not all fun and games, as that constant pranking and such would lead one closer and closer to madness. That coin at the end really sealed the deal on Fizz being an entity that gets kicks from watching people live in terror. I disagree. I took it as Fizz was trying to compensate the man for the fun time but because of his trickster nature the man took it to be the coin that cost him his ship. It emphasises that your legacy precedes you more than your reality. I don't think Fizz was ever doing anything wrong.
That's definitely a possibility, though I think that just because Fizz didn't see what he was doing as wrong doesn't mean it wasn't wrong since it was still psychologically scarring Lars. Someone from another culture that has much more lenient laws towards harming people (just making something up here) wouldn't get a free pass on their assault just because they're from another culture. Although most people aren't usually ancient aquatic beings.
: I think his new Universe quote sums him up perfectly: “You people can’t even breathe water. You’re boring.” I genuinely don't think he means to cause harm... but he also doesn't quite understand humans, or how they work.
I know I'm replying hours later, but I'd like to say I like this sort of character. The one that's so alien it doesn't even realize it's causing harm. It's far more interesting than just a jerk or someone who likes to see people suffer.
Ifneth (NA)
: That’s not just madness. That’s sadism. Fizz is officially a bad guy.
Do you think he understands the horrors he's committing? Do you think he sees what he's doing as harmless? Does he realize the psychological scars he inflicts on people?
Ifneth (NA)
: Woah. That Fizz story took a turn for the terrifying. He really _is_ a malign terror. Wow.
Yeah. I like how they show that when dealing with tricksters it's not all fun and games, as that constant pranking and such would lead one closer and closer to madness. That coin at the end really sealed the deal on Fizz being an entity that gets kicks from watching people live in terror.
: So now that the Bilgewater lore event is live, I wanna say to the lore team...
Right? It's awesome. Bilgewater has become my favorite region in the game with this update, as I love the idea of a culture based around lawlessness and monster hunting. Any random Bilgewater citizen could drop me easily, but I'd still go there because it's so cool. I love the ocean the the idea of a place where ocean horrors are real and serious forces is a dream come true. I just love the thematic. Before I really knew the lore and thought it was just pirate land I honestly found it a little boring, felt like they could do more than just pirates and a few weird things like Nautilus and Fizz, but now that they've focused those sorts of characters into sort of urban legends I feel like the place is a lot more cohesive and interesting.
: All the money for the skin goes to charity too, that honestly made me decide to pick it up and I really dont like to play Cho. But it's a super sick skin and the money goes to a good cause.
Yeah, it's a good skin for a great cause. If I can support people with a horrible illness while getting a cool skin, I think that's a awesome
: Dark Star Cho'Gath is such a good skin
It's a limited skin, as a fan got to help make it as a make-a-wish. That also explains the super high quality of the skin. I love playing Cho'gath but have such a hard time picking him up due to the outdated visuals, this skin will draw me into playing him. I just need to grab it before it goes away.
: Another Dark Star skin this year? Weird. They usually release content for a skin theme once per year & all of it together.
It was made because of a make-a-wish thing, as it turns out, which is why it's releasing now and why the proceeds are going to charity. It's also a limited skin, so I may have to drop some money to pick it up when it comes out.
: > [{quoted}](name=midnight oil24,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-17T23:50:03.921+0000) > > Just in case this does anything, they updated his bandana to be less cartoony. Just in case you didn't see it, I figured you'd like that a bit. Fuckkk yeah dude, I didn't see it but i did now. Now it truly looks like he's got these big open jaws ready to go through your skull. Thanks for the update
> [{quoted}](name=Mister Bagginses,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-18T08:12:36.747+0000) > > Fuckkk yeah dude, I didn't see it but i did now. Now it truly looks like he's got these big open jaws ready to go through your skull. Thanks for the update Hey, we may have our disagreements on design but you still deserve to know that a change you wanted has been made. I'm glad you like the change.
: What is your favorite skin, and what is your favorite splash art fellow summoners.
I'm tied between Star Guardian Jinx and Dark Star Thresh for favorite skin. I love the particles, VO, and overall theme of both of them. I like the cosmic horror of thresh about the same as the sparkly magical girl of jinx. Favorite splash art is difficult. I really like Pyke's splash art, but Dark Star Thresh might beat it just for the sheer scale. But if I had to pick, I'd go for Omega Squad Tristana. I love her dynamic pose and the way it tell the story through the picture. It tells so much about her personality and shows what sort of leader she was (for base skins Pyke definitely has my favorite, though. The atmosphere is just outstanding and he radiates terror).
: It's been a long time already, and it's a full rework.
I know it's a full rework, I was referring to it as a mini-vgu because it's a vgu but without as extreme model changes as other champs. I hardly think that was reason to downvote me.
: Aatrox's bio is outdated and does not make sense
It's definitely going to be reworked when he gets his mini-vgu later this year.
: > [{quoted}](name=midnight oil24,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0ORLUyAQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-18T00:08:56.994+0000) > > I've been thinking of picking up Taliyah, tried her on rotation a few weeks back and found her pretty fun. Do you think she'll still be worth it after the nerfs? I know they're temporary, just wondering. It all comes down to how hard the roaming is hit. nobody picks taliyah because of her damage, or her speed, they pick her for her ability to make picks for dives, cut off enemies, objectives and the like. Time will tell, but if she is stuck in lane more, and incentivized to stay in lane with the worked ground Q change, i don't see how she will be successful in her kits design
> [{quoted}](name=Boulderox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0ORLUyAQ,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-05-18T00:19:47.765+0000) > > It all comes down to how hard the roaming is hit. nobody picks taliyah because of her damage, or her speed, they pick her for her ability to make picks for dives, cut off enemies, objectives and the like. Time will tell, but if she is stuck in lane more, and incentivized to stay in lane with the worked ground Q change, i don't see how she will be successful in her kits design I hope she isn't hit too hard. She was fun, I don't want to lose a potential mid character. I've been trying to expand there.
: I have no idea, these are some HUGE changes. I think she'll feel pretty awful without the AOE on her Q and the move-speed from Worked Ground. As is she's a blast to play though, and very rewarding if you can position well and land your abilities.
> [{quoted}](name=TheUrbanKitsune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0ORLUyAQ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-18T00:17:06.183+0000) > > I have no idea, these are some HUGE changes. I think she'll feel pretty awful without the AOE on her Q and the move-speed from Worked Ground. > As is she's a blast to play though, and very rewarding if you can position well and land your abilities. Yeah, when I played her she was super fun to play. I hope she's still fun, because she's a well designed champ from what I've seen.
: Can we talk about these Taliyah changes?
I've been thinking of picking up Taliyah, tried her on rotation a few weeks back and found her pretty fun. Do you think she'll still be worth it after the nerfs? I know they're temporary, just wondering.
: Damn RITO ...if you keep this kinda thing up, what are people on the boards gonna complain about all day. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: > [{quoted}](name=midnight oil24,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T19:09:31.290+0000) > > Yes, I plan to use pyke quite a bit. I like playing aggressive supports, so pyke seems right up my alley. In addition, I love ocean horror and horror in general, and I think Pyke fulfills his theme quite well. They could make the teeth on the mask a bit thinner, but I think he's good now. He's not Jason Voorhees, he's Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper didn't keep his identity hidden by being upfront about what he did, he struck in the dark of night when no one was around. And frankly, I think if you have to say "no offense" you're clearly intending some sort of insult. I don't particularly care, because this discussion mostly comes down to one side saying "Pyke doesn't fulfill his fantasy," another side trying to give their opinion on why Pyke does a pretty good job, and the other side saying that Pyke sending a message of how to deal with him through his stances and animations should be ditched for a more upright serial killer and stuff. The mask is the only thing that could use some change, he looks great right now. > > I also like how you assume that just because I disagree with your opinions on some dark champs I'm not a fan of dark stuff. Jhin may be scary, sure, but I'm saying that taking away defining traits of a character like weapons and then having them walk up to you isn't a good way to show how scary they are. Someone with a knife is going to be scarier than someone without one. I enjoy dark stuff and am looking forward to pyke, he seems like my sort of character, so I think my opinion is just as valid as yours. Disagreement does not mean one person isn't as big a fan as you. > > Look, I love dark champions. I just think we can have some variety in the way they do things. Tahm Kench lures people in, Thresh is a sadistic jailer of souls, Mordekaiser is an undead emperor, and more. I think Pyke being someone who begrudgingly works with people because they're lower on his list makes for an interesting premise, and his animations do an excellent job portraying the sort of character he's meant to be. If he were a tank, he could stand up straighter, but they need to send the message that he's a squishy melee, which they do through his hunched stance. I also think that Jhin isn't the greatest champion to use as your comparison, as he has plenty of jokey lines and is frankly a little overhyped for a dark champion. He's creepy, but that doesn't mean he's a god and the gold standard of what dark champions should be. Pyke is a sympathetic character, something not a lot of darker champions have. We can see why he wants to do this and understand why he feels betrayed, but that doesn't mean it's right. He's a different sort of character in the dark themed champions, and I think he makes for a good addition to the game. If he were just revenge, he'd feel like a two dimensional character with only one defining trait. By adding some humor and his eldritch servitude to the revenge plot, he makes for a cool new dark character. If you want someone obsessed with revenge, you have Mordekaiser, who makes sure to get vengeance before he goes conquering whenever he comes back to life. Pyke has more to him than just revenge, and as a fan of dark champions I think that makes him a stronger character. Firstly, no I really did not mean any offence, I just wanted to put that in incase you might have thought I was flaming you because the phrase "your opinion doesn't matter" sounds a bit rude and I posted that one right before going to sleep so I didn't know how to phrase it any better. You have made some very valid points, i admit it. But everyone views everything in their own perspective and our perspectives of the same champs we both enjoy is different and that's perfectly fine. I concede. We both have different opinions about the champ that we in particular wanted, the fantasy You want Pyke to fulfill is being fulfilled, but the fantasy i was hoping he would fulfill is just far from it. Lets leave it at that before this debate just goes on and on. Good talk sir.
> [{quoted}](name=Mister Bagginses,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T21:19:09.913+0000) > > Firstly, no I really did not mean any offence, I just wanted to put that in incase you might have thought I was flaming you because the phrase "your opinion doesn't matter" sounds a bit rude and I posted that one right before going to sleep so I didn't know how to phrase it any better. You have made some very valid points, i admit it. But everyone views everything in their own perspective and our perspectives of the same champs we both enjoy is different and that's perfectly fine. > > I concede. We both have different opinions about the champ that we in particular wanted, the fantasy You want Pyke to fulfill is being fulfilled, but the fantasy i was hoping he would fulfill is just far from it. Lets leave it at that before this debate just goes on and on. Good talk sir. Just in case this does anything, they updated his bandana to be less cartoony. Just in case you didn't see it, I figured you'd like that a bit.
: Pyke Bandanna tweak on PBE
Nice. My only issue with his model was the bandana, and even if it wasn't a big deal for me the change is much appreciated. Thanks Riot, super pumped for this champ.
: > [{quoted}](name=midnight oil24,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T19:09:31.290+0000) > > Yes, I plan to use pyke quite a bit. I like playing aggressive supports, so pyke seems right up my alley. In addition, I love ocean horror and horror in general, and I think Pyke fulfills his theme quite well. They could make the teeth on the mask a bit thinner, but I think he's good now. He's not Jason Voorhees, he's Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper didn't keep his identity hidden by being upfront about what he did, he struck in the dark of night when no one was around. And frankly, I think if you have to say "no offense" you're clearly intending some sort of insult. I don't particularly care, because this discussion mostly comes down to one side saying "Pyke doesn't fulfill his fantasy," another side trying to give their opinion on why Pyke does a pretty good job, and the other side saying that Pyke sending a message of how to deal with him through his stances and animations should be ditched for a more upright serial killer and stuff. The mask is the only thing that could use some change, he looks great right now. > > I also like how you assume that just because I disagree with your opinions on some dark champs I'm not a fan of dark stuff. Jhin may be scary, sure, but I'm saying that taking away defining traits of a character like weapons and then having them walk up to you isn't a good way to show how scary they are. Someone with a knife is going to be scarier than someone without one. I enjoy dark stuff and am looking forward to pyke, he seems like my sort of character, so I think my opinion is just as valid as yours. Disagreement does not mean one person isn't as big a fan as you. > > Look, I love dark champions. I just think we can have some variety in the way they do things. Tahm Kench lures people in, Thresh is a sadistic jailer of souls, Mordekaiser is an undead emperor, and more. I think Pyke being someone who begrudgingly works with people because they're lower on his list makes for an interesting premise, and his animations do an excellent job portraying the sort of character he's meant to be. If he were a tank, he could stand up straighter, but they need to send the message that he's a squishy melee, which they do through his hunched stance. I also think that Jhin isn't the greatest champion to use as your comparison, as he has plenty of jokey lines and is frankly a little overhyped for a dark champion. He's creepy, but that doesn't mean he's a god and the gold standard of what dark champions should be. Pyke is a sympathetic character, something not a lot of darker champions have. We can see why he wants to do this and understand why he feels betrayed, but that doesn't mean it's right. He's a different sort of character in the dark themed champions, and I think he makes for a good addition to the game. If he were just revenge, he'd feel like a two dimensional character with only one defining trait. By adding some humor and his eldritch servitude to the revenge plot, he makes for a cool new dark character. If you want someone obsessed with revenge, you have Mordekaiser, who makes sure to get vengeance before he goes conquering whenever he comes back to life. Pyke has more to him than just revenge, and as a fan of dark champions I think that makes him a stronger character. Firstly, no I really did not mean any offence, I just wanted to put that in incase you might have thought I was flaming you because the phrase "your opinion doesn't matter" sounds a bit rude and I posted that one right before going to sleep so I didn't know how to phrase it any better. You have made some very valid points, i admit it. But everyone views everything in their own perspective and our perspectives of the same champs we both enjoy is different and that's perfectly fine. I concede. We both have different opinions about the champ that we in particular wanted, the fantasy You want Pyke to fulfill is being fulfilled, but the fantasy i was hoping he would fulfill is just far from it. Lets leave it at that before this debate just goes on and on. Good talk sir.
> [{quoted}](name=Mister Bagginses,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T21:19:09.913+0000) > > Firstly, no I really did not mean any offence, I just wanted to put that in incase you might have thought I was flaming you because the phrase "your opinion doesn't matter" sounds a bit rude and I posted that one right before going to sleep so I didn't know how to phrase it any better. You have made some very valid points, i admit it. But everyone views everything in their own perspective and our perspectives of the same champs we both enjoy is different and that's perfectly fine. > > I concede. We both have different opinions about the champ that we in particular wanted, the fantasy You want Pyke to fulfill is being fulfilled, but the fantasy i was hoping he would fulfill is just far from it. Lets leave it at that before this debate just goes on and on. Good talk sir. Sorry, I've encountered a lot of people who say no offense when they insult others, so I've become wary of the term. This is a fair outcome. You have your thoughts and I have mine. That's the beauty of opinions. I'm sorry Pyke isn't as appealing to you as you were hoping, and I hope an upcoming champion can fulfill the fantasy you want. Good talk, sir.
DeusVult (NA)
: Pykes login music is here
This is fantastic. It captures the terror of pyke really well, and the animation work on this is amazing. Def one of my favorite logins for one of my favorite new champs.
: > [{quoted}](name=midnight oil24,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T14:13:52.510+0000) > > But he still has to get around. Sure, he can blink with his execute and go invisible, but he has to get to his targets first. He's a much more brutal sort of killer, one who's more physical in what he does than Jhin is. Jhin is all about the art, while Pyke is more a disturbed man seemingly bound to serve eldritch creatures after death. And yeah, if we stripped away all of Pyke's weapons he wouldn't be super scary. But let's be honest, neither would Jhin. If he didn't have his shoulder cannon or his gun, it would just be a weird guy with a strange mask strutting towards me like he's some sort of peacock. Not super scary. Pyke and Jhin are still people, and most psychopaths don't just walk up to you with their weapons. Jhin doesn't wear his mask all the time, it's his performance outfit. For me, the fear behind Pyke isn't that he's some psychopathic murderer, it's that he was a man who was betrayed by his crew which led to him being turned into this. He wasn't messed up like Jhin was, he's a monster but he's still human. He's hunched, like he's slinking about in the shadows. He waits for his prey, staying out of sight (he's not walking up to people all hunched over, he's keeping a low profile so he's not noticed). Then he strikes with his harpoon, slashes tendons with a second copy of himself, and teleports for the execute. We're looking at him when he's on the job, not when he's prepping or whatever. He looks good because he's doing his job, which isn't charging someone and shanking them, but suddenly attacking you from the shadows because he can't last long in a straight-up fight. > > Basically, for the pose I think that while a character can be shown through stance, it also has to convey what you're playing against. Supports like Tahm Kench or Leona stand tall despite their bulk or armor because they're tanks, they have to convey that they're large and physically intimidating. Pyke hunches over and appears smaller to tell you he's a squishy assassin support. > > I also don't understand your thinking that leads to him not conveying a dark theme. What counts as dark if a creepy revenant serial killer doesn't deliver on that, which I feel he does? I get that the mask could be thinner, but we're looking at it from a distance. Those lines are going to be thick no matter what so people can make them out. His kit portrays his dark theme, as does his VO. I think he's dark. If you don't, you're free to think that, but that doesn't mean I can't see him as fulfilling his dark theme while still being a sympathetic character instead of the irredeemably evil Thresh and Mordekaiser. You're free to have your own opinions about the champion, yeah ofc. But i had asked Alot of people about this on twitch streams, friends, etc, they all agreed saying he doesn't fulfill the fantasy he Could fulfill. When i saw that video, i thought Okay now an even Greater sample of people agree with me. That's when i wrote this post hoping riot would maybe see it. You are the first person I have come across who prefers Pyke to be completely the way he is now without any changes, but be honest here. When he goes live, are you going to be playing him much? Or are you gonna stick to your main roles and champions? Because if you aren't gonna be interested in playing a champion like this, which im just Assuming you arent with the way you talked about us Dark theme fanboy's equivalent of Kpop Star Jhin, Then your opinion doesn't matter as much as the opinion of someone who truly wants a champion like this for them to play the shit out of until he gets nerfed to the ground like tank ekko. I don't mean that in any offence btw, i'm just stating that if you aren't gonna be using a certain "Product" then your opinion of it doesn't matter as much as the opinion of someone who is actively going to be using that "Product"
> [{quoted}](name=Mister Bagginses,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T17:21:56.169+0000) > > You're free to have your own opinions about the champion, yeah ofc. But i had asked Alot of people about this on twitch streams, friends, etc, they all agreed saying he doesn't fulfill the fantasy he Could fulfill. When i saw that video, i thought Okay now an even Greater sample of people agree with me. That's when i wrote this post hoping riot would maybe see it. > > You are the first person I have come across who prefers Pyke to be completely the way he is now without any changes, but be honest here. When he goes live, are you going to be playing him much? Or are you gonna stick to your main roles and champions? Because if you aren't gonna be interested in playing a champion like this, which im just Assuming you arent with the way you talked about us Dark theme fanboy's equivalent of Kpop Star Jhin, Then your opinion doesn't matter as much as the opinion of someone who truly wants a champion like this for them to play the shit out of until he gets nerfed to the ground like tank ekko. > > I don't mean that in any offence btw, i'm just stating that if you aren't gonna be using a certain "Product" then your opinion of it doesn't matter as much as the opinion of someone who is actively going to be using that "Product" Yes, I plan to use pyke quite a bit. I like playing aggressive supports, so pyke seems right up my alley. In addition, I love ocean horror and horror in general, and I think Pyke fulfills his theme quite well. They could make the teeth on the mask a bit thinner, but I think he's good now. He's not Jason Voorhees, he's Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper didn't keep his identity hidden by being upfront about what he did, he struck in the dark of night when no one was around. And frankly, I think if you have to say "no offense" you're clearly intending some sort of insult. I don't particularly care, because this discussion mostly comes down to one side saying "Pyke doesn't fulfill his fantasy," another side trying to give their opinion on why Pyke does a pretty good job, and the other side saying that Pyke sending a message of how to deal with him through his stances and animations should be ditched for a more upright serial killer and stuff. The mask is the only thing that could use some change, he looks great right now. I also like how you assume that just because I disagree with your opinions on some dark champs I'm not a fan of dark stuff. Jhin may be scary, sure, but I'm saying that taking away defining traits of a character like weapons and then having them walk up to you isn't a good way to show how scary they are. Someone with a knife is going to be scarier than someone without one. I enjoy dark stuff and am looking forward to pyke, he seems like my sort of character, so I think my opinion is just as valid as yours. Disagreement does not mean one person isn't as big a fan as you. Look, I love dark champions. I just think we can have some variety in the way they do things. Tahm Kench lures people in, Thresh is a sadistic jailer of souls, Mordekaiser is an undead emperor, and more. I think Pyke being someone who begrudgingly works with people because they're lower on his list makes for an interesting premise, and his animations do an excellent job portraying the sort of character he's meant to be. If he were a tank, he could stand up straighter, but they need to send the message that he's a squishy melee, which they do through his hunched stance. I also think that Jhin isn't the greatest champion to use as your comparison, as he has plenty of jokey lines and is frankly a little overhyped for a dark champion. He's creepy, but that doesn't mean he's a god and the gold standard of what dark champions should be. Pyke is a sympathetic character, something not a lot of darker champions have. We can see why he wants to do this and understand why he feels betrayed, but that doesn't mean it's right. He's a different sort of character in the dark themed champions, and I think he makes for a good addition to the game. If he were just revenge, he'd feel like a two dimensional character with only one defining trait. By adding some humor and his eldritch servitude to the revenge plot, he makes for a cool new dark character. If you want someone obsessed with revenge, you have Mordekaiser, who makes sure to get vengeance before he goes conquering whenever he comes back to life. Pyke has more to him than just revenge, and as a fan of dark champions I think that makes him a stronger character.
: > [{quoted}](name=edoxbox1,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AJcIJZ0Z,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T14:23:32.851+0000) > > ######no pls don't TOO LATE.
When the aatrox rework comes out he now has to have an interaction with Nautilus where he just says something like "I'm required to have this interaction with you." Make good on that promise.
Show more

midnight oil24

Level 40 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion