Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Just because he isn't in a bad spot doesn't mean the kit is healthy, it's old its showing its showing its age. The OP stated some clear issues with Cho now, so a few questions: Do u agree that the issues the OP gives are valid? If so how do ur proposed changes fix them? If not why?
Just because they are issues doesnt mean they should be changed. For example annies E is basically useless in a burst mages kit. So the solution is obviously to give her a fucking dash or another burst spell to make her kit all funtion together right? No ofc not. Similarly just because yasuo is a nonstop dashing and slashing asshole doesnt mean his kit is old. Describeing how a kit works (thats all op did) isnt a criticism.
: i think ur missing the point. Reworks strive to modernize a champion. The issue comes when the entire gampeplay changes and doesn't retain the feel. Cho'gath is an extremely old champion, also he's not the healthiest. He SHOULD change a lot. Now sure sometimes Riot can miss the mark, but its not always w/o reason don't jump on the bandwagon saying reworks should just be new champions bc that defeats the purpose: reworks change the champion thats just how it is when u modernize something. Sure the abilities may have changed alot but the gameplay and feel have not, this kind of Cho would still be able to play the same way. The OP explained why they made all the changes, and it seems like they are rather passionate about Cho and are very knowledgeable. They kno their stuff. If it were u what would u do to update Cho?
> [{quoted}](name=FlameHalbrdOkido,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=gZtXQdAn,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-07T19:29:57.593+0000) > If it were u what would u do to update Cho? reduce his damage make him scale better give him some ability to use his other abilities on a target when hit by q and increase his tankiness. That way for the players that like to play like an immovable object that doesnt deal that much damage outside of ult it brings back that playstyle. Then players that like ap chogath are also a bit better. Done this would keep both parts of his kit without showing favoritism because chogath isnt in a bad spot.
Rioter Comments
: How so? I kept the general function of the majority of his spells in tact but shifted some power around/modernized aspects of his kit. How could you say it has "nothing to do with Cho'Gath" when: He still gets sustain from his passive, and still gains HP from his kit and grows in size. He still has a ranged hard CC+nuke Q. And it involves spikes. He still has a cone silence for his W His E is still a basic attack steroid that can be used to bully through the wave His R is still a true damage nuke, just not instant anymore. He can still build as flexibly as live Cho'Gath can as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Void Kaiju,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=gZtXQdAn,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-07-05T03:59:43.305+0000) > > How so? I kept the general function of the majority of his spells in tact but shifted some power around/modernized aspects of his kit. How could you say it has "nothing to do with Cho'Gath" when: > > He still gets sustain from his passive, and still gains HP from his kit and grows in size. > > He still has a ranged hard CC+nuke Q. And it involves spikes. > > He still has a cone silence for his W > > His E is still a basic attack steroid that can be used to bully through the wave > > His R is still a true damage nuke, just not instant anymore. > > He can still build as flexibly as live Cho'Gath can as well. Ok cool. But every single ability could just be used in a new champion with a new name and nobody would mistake it for chogath. His ultimate sure is eating something but so is tahm kench's w and nunu q but they are still completely differnt (not quite on nunu q tho). And if im being completely honest it would probably be nerfed off true damage if it ever got into the game for balance reasons. Also it would be healthier for the kit anyway. His e is alot more like a better mundo e that is mostly used to duel and can be used to push waves rather than the opposite. Its cooldown is long since its that powerful and the playstyle reflects that. The w is for sure similar but much like how braum and yasuo both have a wall functions entirely differntly and means if hes squishy his w is useless. Its a long silence that seems like you would have to stand still. You cannot possibly think the qs are similar if you read both abilities. I'm honestly really not wanting to explain why they are differnt. If you played chogath for a long enough period of time you would know the passive sustain would work entirely differnt and better for the kit you designed. Current chogath has burst sustain better for him since he can 1shot waves. That chogath has regeneration sustain which makes sense since he will probably be farming slower. Also growing isnt only unique to chogath.{{champion:154}} I really dont have any fucking idea why it matters that he can build flexibly almost all tanks build to counter what the enemies build but much like live chogath your either gonna get roa for dps or your gonna get gargoyles stoneplate. Look this is not to subtract from what you made here. Its a good champion. But it doesnt explain why it should be a rework rather than a new champion. Except for riot to make money from selling chogath skins after he becomes busted as sin.
: Cho'Gath VGU Concept #2: The Great Maw
Look the arts cool and i think would make the champion significantly better especially if they reworked his e to something taht benifits the new artstyle. But if we went off the kit it falls in line with the problem with every other rework. Why not just make a new champion? This champion has nothing to do with chogath in kit.
: I copied it from : tftactics.gg Actually won me a game before this one, but I guess that was lucky because didn't work next times.
> [{quoted}](name=PG Matin021,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=WciofoXB,comment-id=0005000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-01T08:11:07.577+0000) > > I copied it from : tftactics.gg > Actually won me a game before this one, but I guess that was lucky because didn't work next times. Yeah dont do that. Learn the chess peices and look for level 2s early on. Based upon what you get you can then flow into another comp. If your teamcomp sucks just get a draven or elementals later on and they will carry you.
: > [{quoted}](name=mosdeadly,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=WciofoXB,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-30T00:22:29.518+0000) > > your playing like a goon bro. Lissandra isnt damage you have very little ways to grow and you built locket when you had the chance to build a bloodthirster. thats not the fucking point of the post.
> [{quoted}](name=1 Inch and Proud,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=WciofoXB,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-06-30T00:25:56.565+0000) > > thats not the fucking point of the post. Im saying while its relevent that he doesnt have alot of items he also coulda played better to increase his odds. Its not about the post more a message to the player.
: WTF IS THIS RNG ?
your playing like a goon bro. Lissandra isnt damage you have very little ways to grow and you built locket when you had the chance to build a bloodthirster.
Targon (NA)
: Does {{item:3222}} even work on Mordekaiser ultimate? I don't think you can use the active on yourself, and if your ally gets ulted by Mordekaiser, then how you target them to activate Mikael's on (unless there is a slight delay from the cast of his ultimate in which with perfect timing you can click your ally to free them before they enter the death realm).
Theres about a 1 second delay and its pretty telegraphed when mordekaiser will ult. If a support is trying to mikael herself she is a useless support.
: "But My Build Doesn't Include QSS"
nope thats not what you should be doing. if your a mage get {{item:3157}} {{item:3102}} {{item:3152}} (if you are about to get hit by it protobelt will get you just out of range). If your a support you can either get that or get {{item:3222}} If youre an adc or an assassin qss is almost as good of an option as {{item:3153}} {{item:3156}} {{item:3025}} (these mostly apply to adcs but im serious you should have no problem beating a morde 1v1 if you just kite his ass. He has NO mobility)
Rioter Comments
: That comparison can be made between any two champions with similar abilities if you dumb it down to such a basic level like you did here.
> [{quoted}](name=man of tin,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j8s5cioE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-03T15:12:31.659+0000) > > That comparison can be made between any two champions with similar abilities if you dumb it down to such a basic level like you did here. cant be done with mordekaiser in his current state my man.
Rioter Comments
SSmotzer (NA)
: Isn't the 700 mil loss from when the Chinese government banned video games? But what do I know, maybe shutting off the largest populated server on the planet might not have had anything to do with a dip in revenue. Also, everyone is celebrating the crashing and burning of Activision. Most people don't care what is happening with Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=2EEeXeYP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-21T09:58:57.005+0000) > > Isn't the 700 mil loss from when the Chinese government banned video games? > > But what do I know, maybe shutting off the largest populated server on the planet might not have had anything to do with a dip in revenue. > > Also, everyone is celebrating the crashing and burning of Activision. Most people don't care what is happening with Riot. Too fucking bad league isnt banned in fucking china. Tencent owns most of the chineese economy and has extreme pull over the chineese market. They fucking know better than to piss them off.
Rioter Comments
nelogis (EUW)
: Which old champions do you think would completely annihilate todays League?
> Next big thing is that you basically have 50% life steal for your team, if you do 500 damage per auto you heal your team by 250 everytime you auto attack > --> This would work on minions and monsters too!!<--- Yeah but the radius of the healing on his ultimate was about the radius of garens autoattack range. So this part seems good but isnt. > Now just try to imagine the carnage with old Sion and todays items Yeah that build isnt going to happen because if youre building {{item:3748}} on sion you are literally wasteing hydra. 50% of the aoe of {{item:3074}} heals sion as damage becuase this one has a passive that made 50% of lifesteal apply on it. {{item:3071}} also seems good but isnt because youre movementspeed should never be an issue due to the point and click stun as such either they stun you or they will never get away. Better build would be {{item:3074}} {{item:3047}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3742}} > You basically become immortal when you ult and you make your entire team immortal too. > It's as if you replace Soraka heal with her ultimate and add Taric ult as her new ult while dealing more damage than a 5 stack Darius. Yeah but this will only work for the leesin who dashed to you only to receive about 800 health of healing because there was a glitch where your {{item:3074}} would actually apply the healing to allies based upon the healing from the aoe as well.
: Can you guys PLEASE nerf damage, since it's 2019 now?
God damnit every time {{champion:11}} is brought up in a boards post it ends up with shitpost all around. Rather than adressing the fact that in higher elo games its significantly harder to play him and that he isnt a champion that is easy to play but rather one that reduces skill so effectively he removes skill from you and the enemy but instead we shitpost about how broken he is without any idea on what to do about him. Heres the thing. His q doesnt last a set amount of time and he can still die in it removing skill from the game his ult gives him no movespeed rather than just making him have to avoid slows removing skill from the game and his q is a nonstop gapcloser removing skill from the game. Heres how youre going to end up playing yi if you try Engage with q> either kill 1 person or die trying.
Juice (EUNE)
: Of course, it already introduced even more damage via stat bonus selection and more gimmicky stuff like the minion gold change Riot is owned by Tencent, nothing will change, this ride only goes downhill
> [{quoted}](name=Juice,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EcJjQXEn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-29T22:09:25.442+0000) > > Of course, it already introduced even more damage via stat bonus selection and more gimmicky stuff like the minion gold change > > Riot is owned by Tencent, nothing will change, this ride only goes downhill Tencent has proved to me with some of their content that they are capable of making great content and clearly seem to leave companies to their own affairs. No we are giving tencent too much credit when the blame falls on rito.
Rìveń (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=mosdeadly,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xQ8pPiLs,comment-id=0000000b00000000,timestamp=2018-12-24T10:44:40.245+0000) > > Cool. They were both full reworks tho. > Lb they completely changed the way she played where she was now an aoe mage that took time for burst. > Kogmaw they gave 6 attackspeed that doesnt move. She kept her W and E, her passive was just the old Q mark, her ult was just her old ult and passive fused together, and her Q lost it's mark but gained the ability to spread like Ryze E. That's barely even a rework, let's be honest here. That's the reason why she was so easy to revert, only thing that actually changed was the play style.
> [{quoted}](name=Rìveń,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xQ8pPiLs,comment-id=0000000b000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-24T14:11:02.347+0000) > > She kept her W and E, her passive was just the old Q mark, her ult was just her old ult and passive fused together, and her Q lost it&#x27;s mark but gained the ability to spread like Ryze E. > > That&#x27;s barely even a rework, let&#x27;s be honest here. > > That&#x27;s the reason why she was so easy to revert, only thing that actually changed was the play style. yeah and as it turns out xhanging the playstyle is a rework. Nidalee literally lost nothing. There is no ability they changed and yet its considered a rework. BECAUSE THE PLAYSTYLE CHANGED. She no longer spams spears instead opting to setup with a spear before going in to 100-0.
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=mosdeadly,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xQ8pPiLs,comment-id=0000000b,timestamp=2018-12-24T07:16:06.870+0000) > > {{champion:7}} {{champion:96}} Neither of them were full reworks. They were both class wide gameplay updates. Both of them could be easily reverted as their visuals did not change at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xQ8pPiLs,comment-id=0000000b0000,timestamp=2018-12-24T07:35:21.426+0000) > > Neither of them were full reworks. They were both class wide gameplay updates. Both of them could be easily reverted as their visuals did not change at all. Cool. They were both full reworks tho. Lb they completely changed the way she played where she was now an aoe mage that took time for burst. Kogmaw they gave 6 attackspeed that doesnt move.
: All I have to say is, join the club. I've already lost all of my mains {{champion:14}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:31}} I can explain Cho if you like, but in a short summary, they ruined him with his W changes and ult rework. When they do a full rework, they don't revert it. Ever. Sorry man, but old Akali is dead. They also don't revert things that people widely like without understanding (like Cho's ult) even if it makes the character worse off for it. Mind you, the only character I ever played "how you're supposed to" was Irelia, and even that I'd changed up near the end of her life cycle.
> [{quoted}](name=ZerglingOne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xQ8pPiLs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-22T21:17:51.063+0000) > > When they do a full rework, they don&#x27;t revert it. Ever. Sorry man, but old Akali is dead. They also don&#x27;t revert things that people widely like without understanding (like Cho&#x27;s ult) even if it makes the character worse off for it. {{champion:7}} {{champion:96}}
Rioter Comments
: Like, I get that China is league's biggest playerbase
https://www.thegamer.com/pubg-fortnite-china-ban/ china banned lol.
: If you could delete one champion from the game, who would it be?
DearPear (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=mosdeadly,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4KiIqAZw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-09T10:42:33.083+0000) > > problem is she is too bursty to really matter right now. Legitimately you would be correct if it was old akali. old akali was burstier.
> [{quoted}](name=DearPear,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4KiIqAZw,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-09T10:43:52.914+0000) > > old akali was burstier. ... you have played aginst the current form right? I mean yeah in 1 combo she did more damage but that was due to the kit actually flowing. Right now everything she does deals fuckloads of damage. 1 full combo of akalis (meaning the entire kit) can easily kill tanks.
: I feel people don't quite understand why she has the shrouded mechanic. The purpose was to make her take longer to burst (therefore giving her more counterplay) while still letting her dive (which every assassin has to be able to do), without having to make her more durable to do so. It's likely the best way to have all three of those at once.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4KiIqAZw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-09T06:50:01.787+0000) > > I feel people don&#x27;t quite understand why she has the shrouded mechanic. > > The purpose was to make her take longer to burst (therefore giving her more counterplay) while still letting her dive (which every assassin has to be able to do), without having to make her more durable to do so. > > It&#x27;s likely the best way to have all three of those at once. problem is she is too bursty to really matter right now. Legitimately you would be correct if it was old akali.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
AORVAL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=mosdeadly,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ImWRf31k,comment-id=0067,timestamp=2018-11-29T06:53:41.411+0000) > > Well youre going to need a few things. > 1: a pr agent so you know not to do stupid shit like this (all youre doing right now is getting people excited for nothing since its comng out in such a long time away) > 2: a good team as youre dealing with dota and league, people probably wont settle for another weak moba game(paragon heros of newerth strife infinite crisis orcs must die). Though if you end up recreating the feeling of og league and dont sell your soul to a chineese company, youll probably end up actually getting a fanbase. We're mostly doing this to get feedback before we actually start the development side of the game. There were a lot of questions in here that actually had us thinking, stuff we weren't even considering before. It wasn't to hype people, mostly because they would probably forget about this post by next week/month. We are planning on the original version of League. I think Paragon, HOTS, SMITE, Battlerite, etc, made their game a little too much different compared to League. Which is why most players do not want to swap from League to one of those other MOBAS. We won't sell the game for any price, as we are mostly doing this for people to have fun, and for ourselves to have fun as well down the road. (My main account KluPL is unable to log onto for some reason, so I have to use my other account).
> [{quoted}](name=LoganPaul4Life,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ImWRf31k,comment-id=00670000,timestamp=2018-11-29T07:14:18.605+0000) > > We&#x27;re mostly doing this to get feedback before we actually start the development side of the game. There were a lot of questions in here that actually had us thinking, stuff we weren&#x27;t even considering before. It wasn&#x27;t to hype people, mostly because they would probably forget about this post by next week/month. > > We are planning on the original version of League. I think Paragon, HOTS, SMITE, Battlerite, etc, made their game a little too much different compared to League. Which is why most players do not want to swap from League to one of those other MOBAS. We won&#x27;t sell the game for any price, as we are mostly doing this for people to have fun, and for ourselves to have fun as well down the road. > > (My main account KluPL is unable to log onto for some reason, so I have to use my other account). Well in that case something you could do is try to bring back some of the champions that were removed from league of legends (aatrox karma sion) the champions that had a playerbase but were removed to be replaced with a new champion to better sell skins.
KluPL (NA)
: A team of mine is making a new game based off League of Legends (MOBA)
Well youre going to need a few things. 1: a pr agent so you know not to do stupid shit like this (all youre doing right now is getting people excited for nothing since its comng out in such a long time away) 2: a good team as youre dealing with dota and league, people probably wont settle for another weak moba game(paragon heros of newerth strife infinite crisis orcs must die). Though if you end up recreating the feeling of og league and dont sell your soul to a chineese company, youll probably end up actually getting a fanbase.
Rioter Comments
: oh so mabe its just placebo cause i doubt people are good enough to abuse it in my games when was the rework?
: did they recently increase the amount of shutdown gold you get? it feels like its even more of a swing now...
no thats how they reworked it players just started to abuse it recently.
Rioter Comments
: but proxy singed usually results in him getting executed. and in the enemy actually losing farm if they come for you
too bad shutdown gold is bullshit right now. Inting sion works because if hes 0/20 then he fed about 2k gold. Meanwhile if you get three kills youre worth 600 gold. So at 9+ deaths you will be worth 50 gold 3 deaths is 150 gold and the enemy feeds 600. This is why this strategy is bullshit. You could literally destroy this strategy by just making the game not garbage. Make towers stronger and make shutdowns less opressive.
: riot is buffing him up next patch
and next patch and next patch this is a champion that is designed around his passive and items. If you make this overpowered he will either become a support and break bot lane or destroy top lane period.
: > [{quoted}](name=mosdeadly,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iQENZmUU,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-31T22:49:38.320+0000) > > Sure whatever. However in the idea of an average game or an lcs game he will never show up. He just doesnt do enough in teamfights because poke just isnt that overpowered. I was implying the usage of scripts.
God fucking damnit i wanted to say im pretty sure there are no good xeraths only fucking scripters but i didnt want to piss you off.
: > [{quoted}](name=mosdeadly,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iQENZmUU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-08-31T22:21:52.604+0000) > > Oh sure in the hands of a good xerath player im sure he is. Much like how old urgot was good in the right hands. However him simply being good doesnt satisfy the power level of every other champion just flat out being higher due to the fact that most other champions can adapt while xerath tends to do only 1 of 2 things. Yes, an exceptional Xerath player who can always predict enemy movements precisely and tends to have match history full of blue KDA stats and occasional Cassiopeia games as well. :^)
Sure whatever. However in the idea of an average game or an lcs game he will never show up. He just doesnt do enough in teamfights because poke just isnt that overpowered.
Rioter Comments
: he still just came out so that is why he has low winrates, all new champs are like this
Most champions are stronger by now. However not only has the buff done nothing to his winrate but also even the highest skilled ornn players cant figure out how to make him that effective.
Nahui (NA)
: Xerath is great. Wtf
Oh sure in the hands of a good xerath player im sure he is. Much like how old urgot was good in the right hands. However him simply being good doesnt satisfy the power level of every other champion just flat out being higher due to the fact that most other champions can adapt while xerath tends to do only 1 of 2 things.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Show more

mosdeadly

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion