Rioter Comments
: You could, but would it really fix the cancer? There are just so many more than 10 cancer champs. Go ahead with bans, I just don't know if they're the solution we need. Wouldn't it be better to unlock the whole roster in ARURF?
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Fuzzi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ytRggyf3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-16T00:46:37.356+0000) > > You could, but would it really fix the cancer? There are just so many more than 10 cancer champs. > > Go ahead with bans, I just don't know if they're the solution we need. > > Wouldn't it be better to unlock the whole roster in ARURF? There are champs that take the place as "strongest" and then there are champs that are just plain broken. Eve is broken, Wu is broken.
Rioter Comments
: A guide to what gets a permanent ban and what doesn't
At least there's someone out there who get's it... Too bad Riot can't admit the truth and do something about it. I'll go back to getting trolled in my ranked games I guess...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
magewick (NA)
: You misunderstand how ranked works. Mmr has been proven to be the best measure of individual merit in the setting of a moba. League isn't against measuring individual merit, it has already adopted the best available measurement of individual merit.
> [{quoted}](name=magewick,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EHqujM9O,comment-id=000a00000001,timestamp=2017-04-06T17:59:10.004+0000) > > You misunderstand how ranked works. Mmr has been proven to be the best measure of individual merit in the setting of a moba. League isn't against measuring individual merit, it has already adopted the best available measurement of individual merit. ELO (which is what MMR is) is a system designed for chess players, which is a 1v1 game. Your insinuation is that it's a PROVEN fact that this is the BEST method of ranking individuals within a team game?? Tell me then, why is exclusive to mobas then? Why hasn't any other team game/sport adopted this system? Why is every game filled with frustrated individuals unconvinced that their own merits are the main cause of their rank? It is illogical to assume that ranking an individual based on the win/loss of random collections of 4 other people is the best way to determine their skill. It may currently be the best available way to do so, but it's certainly not the best, by a long shot.
: You're comparing pro football players to regular league players when the actual best comparison is to _pro League players_. So you're stupid and your premise is bullshit.
> [{quoted}](name=LyingOnLine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EHqujM9O,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-04-06T17:04:05.809+0000) > > You're comparing pro football players to regular league players when the actual best comparison is to _pro League players_. > > So you're stupid and your premise is bullshit. Theres always one person who says "but those examples aren't identical, therefore the comparison is dumb!!" ok, take any team sport, in any capacity, and tell me which one totally ignores the merits of the individual??? From making varsity in high school sports, to professional team anything, the methods are similar. There are merits that one attains by themselves that allows them to progress, and there are rewards for teams. Both exist in literally every team sport/game EXCEPT mobas (specifically league obviously).
Anonagon (NA)
: to have rank somehow take into account personal performance will cause degenerate playstyles and uncooperative teammates If I think the game is going to be a loss, why would I not take as many cs and kills away from the team as possible so that I get the best score? Why would I make a risky play that could turn the game when it could make me die and ruin my score? Why would I ever pick any tank or support when I can pick a snowball champ? Football players can be judged as individuals specifically because they are part of a set team. When a player has to play with the same teammates week after week, they cannot afford to screw over the team for personal gain.
> [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EHqujM9O,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-04-06T16:20:52.580+0000) > > to have rank somehow take into account personal performance will cause degenerate playstyles and uncooperative teammates > > If I think the game is going to be a loss, why would I not take as many cs and kills away from the team as possible so that I get the best score? Why would I make a risky play that could turn the game when it could make me die and ruin my score? Why would I ever pick any tank or support when I can pick a snowball champ? > > Football players can be judged as individuals specifically because they are part of a set team. When a player has to play with the same teammates week after week, they cannot afford to screw over the team for personal gain. You're making an assumption that the ONLY way to grade performance is through kills and cs, which is a lie. It's a strawman argument that holds no water. Just in riots grading system, they track way more than that - wards placed, towers taken, drag fights, assists, etc. To insinuate they couldn't track peoples ability to play to win is silly.
: i kind of agree, but lets say you had a great KDA like 17/0/5 as a top laner, but you never pressed your advantage to other lanes. You satyed in top lane the entire game and because of that, your team loses because you decided farm was more important. At the end of the game you say "gg ez noob team i cant carry."
> [{quoted}](name=byakugan123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EHqujM9O,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-04-06T16:18:00.016+0000) > > i kind of agree, but lets say you had a great KDA like 17/0/5 as a top laner, but you never pressed your advantage to other lanes. You satyed in top lane the entire game and because of that, your team loses because you decided farm was more important. At the end of the game you say "gg ez noob team i cant carry." Right, so in theory, there needs to be motivation to both do good as a player, and to win the game as a team. Furthermore, I believe riot can develop a system to rank players based on those factors as well. If you have 17 kills, but you only have 5% of your teams kill participation, and you weren't present for any dragons, or took any other lanes towers, then you should be ranked accordingly.
: Whats your alternative?
> [{quoted}](name=MsBehave,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EHqujM9O,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-06T16:06:34.859+0000) > > Whats your alternative? I have ideas, but the problem with boards is that if you present any idea, with any drawback to it, no matter how minor, the entire thing gets criticized, and nobody thinks the problem needs to be addressed at all.
: Imagine if football players only got a championship ring if their team won. Oh wait, that's exactly what happens.
> [{quoted}](name=Maximum Morde,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EHqujM9O,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-06T16:05:31.146+0000) > > Imagine if football players only got a championship ring if their team won. Oh wait, that's exactly what happens. So you're saying there's a way to promote team play and cohesiveness while still allowing players to be valued based off their own performance? Isn't that exactly what i suggested?
Rioter Comments
: Something NEEDS to be done about how long it takes to get into game
And now im in game with a trolling supp. so worth it....
Rioter Comments
Funoros (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=mrchipopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3ebJ6oJ4,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2017-01-17T20:45:01.172+0000) > > This brings a tear of joy to my eye. The idea that at least the occasional troll gets a ban makes me happier than you could know. If you're playing ranked, you ought to be able to manage yourself better than dying 14 times without getting a single kill and only 1 assist. > > Also, you don't get a ban for a single game. This means you have multiple games in a relatively short time period where you did so bad that riots piss poor system of detecting trolls actually flagged you. > > This means your knowledge of the game, champion mechanics, and desire to keep trying to win are little to none, and you do not belong playing ranked with people that are actually trying to win. > > You made every game you did this in completely unplayable, for both teams. It removes any semblance of competition, and is significantly worse than having an entirely afk player. > > This ban is more justified than nearly every verbal abuse ban I've seen, and my recommendation to you is to stop playing ranked until you learn the basic elements of the game so that you don't torture 4 other people every time you queue. It's not a ranked game people! it's normal, here look : https://gyazo.com/7382c4ae6f3fb3845e03424f5832ec90 I haven't int fed one game in my ENTIRE LIFE, You can go check my OP.GG for each and every replay if you'd like and if you find one game which i intentionally fed in, then i deserve whatever happens to me : Funoros EUNE
> [{quoted}](name=Funoros,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3ebJ6oJ4,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2017-01-18T04:35:01.717+0000) > > It's not a ranked game people! it's normal, here look : https://gyazo.com/7382c4ae6f3fb3845e03424f5832ec90 > > I haven't int fed one game in my ENTIRE LIFE, You can go check my OP.GG for each and every replay if you'd like and if you find one game which i intentionally fed in, then i deserve whatever happens to me : Funoros EUNE Actually, in that case, I apologize. If it was in normals, then there really is no cause for punishment (unless it is indeed intentional). That's exactly where you learn to play yas and go 0/14 while joking about being terrible at yas in all chat. My bad for assuming this was ranked, and I'm glad to see you were unbanned. Carry on!
Funoros (EUNE)
: I got wrongfully banned for 14 days.
This brings a tear of joy to my eye. The idea that at least the occasional troll gets a ban makes me happier than you could know. If you're playing ranked, you ought to be able to manage yourself better than dying 14 times without getting a single kill and only 1 assist. Also, you don't get a ban for a single game. This means you have multiple games in a relatively short time period where you did so bad that riots piss poor system of detecting trolls actually flagged you. This means your knowledge of the game, champion mechanics, and desire to keep trying to win are little to none, and you do not belong playing ranked with people that are actually trying to win. You made every game you did this in completely unplayable, for both teams. It removes any semblance of competition, and is significantly worse than having an entirely afk player. This ban is more justified than nearly every verbal abuse ban I've seen, and my recommendation to you is to stop playing ranked until you learn the basic elements of the game so that you don't torture 4 other people every time you queue.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kei143 (NA)
: I dunno man, I see alot of people come on complaining about their punishments and alot of them blame the feeder with your same attitude by calling them trolls. You sound the same as them, so I kinda categorise you with them.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OqnzkrxE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-13T03:51:26.642+0000) > > I dunno man, I see alot of people come on complaining about their punishments and alot of them blame the feeder with your same attitude by calling them trolls. > > You sound the same as them, so I kinda categorise you with them. exactly, because people lose their minds and actually say something "mean" to the trolls and get banned. Its nonsense. I've never been banned because i typically hold my tongue, but it doesnt mean that there are any less trolls.
Kei143 (NA)
: might as well just leave then. I don't think I have too much sympathy for you when you call a feeder a troll.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OqnzkrxE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-13T03:37:10.662+0000) > > might as well just leave then. > > I don't think I have too much sympathy for you when you call a feeder a troll. lol, when someone dies 8 times in lane and then openly gives up and doesnt even bother to try, it kinda ruins the game. but ok, maybe if the community keeps defending people that ruin games ON PURPOSE, things will get better.....
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > i get warnings of me being verbally abusive because i call the trolling people trolls. Why retaliate when you can Mute/ignore report and move on. This will just get you in trouble.
> [{quoted}](name=Anomander,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3fEqBLqF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-01-18T23:53:53.853+0000) > > Why retaliate when you can Mute/ignore report and move on. This will just get you in trouble. Well muting doesnt do much against an afk, or an intentional feeder. It isnt retaliation, its me trying to plead with them to not lose the game for no reason, and they report me for it.
: And you should also be permanently suspended
> [{quoted}](name=GRVet3ran0sS,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3fEqBLqF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-01-18T23:41:38.917+0000) > > And you should also be permanently suspended typical lol community "you're getting trolled? you should probably be permabanned, because reasons" You have absolutely no reason to say that, and ive never even been temp banned, so you're just another another shining example of a community of toxic nasty people.
Rioter Comments
: "Trolling" is way too broad of a term for too many people. Back in season 3 when I built trinity on kog before it was standard everyone called me bad, called me a troll, and would blame literally everything on me. Don't give these idiots any justification for their actions and certainly don't give them any power to report me for something like that.
> [{quoted}](name=Bonipherus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEFPjGTL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-11-28T21:46:20.974+0000) > > "Trolling" is way too broad of a term for too many people. Back in season 3 when I built trinity on kog before it was standard everyone called me bad, called me a troll, and would blame literally everything on me. > > Don't give these idiots any justification for their actions and certainly don't give them any power to report me for something like that. Trolling is attempting to make the game worse for your own team. That shows up in many forms. Afk Refusing to group stealing a role after it was picked Not playing with your team (taking cs as supp just to piss off the adc) Afk farming jungle until your team loses The point is this though, if you get 4 reports for ruining the game, it should be looked at. If your entire team thinks at the end of the game that you ruined it, then your actions should be looked at.
Rioter Comments
: I'm with you on everything aside from the art. You really should just omit that from your original post as it has almost nothing to do with your point, and I can't upvote with that included.
> [{quoted}](name=Ashes Arise,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OE5IYklO,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2014-12-22T03:07:10.192+0000) > > I'm with you on everything aside from the art. You really should just omit that from your original post as it has almost nothing to do with your point, and I can't upvote with that included. The art point wasnt about its quality but about its consistency. Dunkmaster darius is pretty cool, but what does that actually have to do with the games lore at all? it was a specific direction they took to not have a cohesive game.
EffectFX (NA)
: Over-exaggeration is real.
> [{quoted}](name=EffectFX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OE5IYklO,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2014-12-22T00:16:50.314+0000) > > Over-exaggeration is real. What did i over-exaggerate?
Rioter Comments
: Upgrading the Tribunal
I don't see this as necessary at all. I barely ever get trolled and never see afk's in ranked. - said no one ever.

mrchipopo

Level 35 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion