: How big are Valoran and Shurima compared to our world's continents?
A bit bigger Shurima is a desert and a jungle meaning it likely rests on Runeterras' equator so like north America and maybe half of South America
: Everyone has its own taste.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oW00e8E0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-13T23:04:51.528+0000) > > Everyone has its own taste. This may the rare case where his taste is objectively wrong
: [Discussion]: China's Ban & Splash Arts
Not banned only the BR games were banned Funny one of the reasons for League getting cited is: "rewards given based on rank" MUUHH COMMUNISM
: {{champion:498}} and {{champion:497}} didn't _create_ a new art direction for the vastaya they simply expanded a lore behind the appearance and its unification. Otherwise, had they been more bird-like than human in appearance, you'd be here making the same argument for {{champion:103}} to be more fox like. Yes you are correct, someone could mistake {{champion:107}} for an Ascended, you could even go further and include {{champion:106}} and {{champion:516}} in the mix, knowing the difference between characters is just one reason behind the importance of the lore. **** Personally I don't think Rengar should be made more human like, it makes sense to me that Vastayans would encompass both animal like creatures like Rengar and humanoids like Xayah and Rakan. What would have been really awesome was if they made {{champion:143}} a Vastayan and expanded it to plants as well, lol. Her current lore is fine though, we don't need plant vastayans just yet.
They created a new standard by existing one could say. Going forward all Vastayan will probably look like them with recognizable human faces and animal qualities. Xayah and Rakan are probably gonna be the template for all future Vastayans because they were created at a time where Riot decided Vastaya were a thing. I don't actually think Rengar should change either because people are used to the way he looks I'm just kinda pointing out a funny side effect of not really caring about Worldbuilding for most of the games history and then trying to get it all in order at the very end and the sometimes funny discrepancies that creates Voli will eventually get a VGU and hopefully look more Ornnish. As in Nordic and animal inspired but not Ascended looking as well. League has so many animalistic champs because from a design perspective it's easy to start with an animal and work backwards to create a unique champion. Especially when one is coming out every two weeks like in 2011-2012 {{champion:12}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:62}} The problem comes later when you try to distinguish them. Some of those champs are Ascended, some are Demi-Gods some are Vastayan, one is a demon others defy categorization. So from a cohesive design perspective these categories need more distinct design philosophies to be applied over a "second pass" VU or VGU that can make them more distinct otherwise there is no rhyme or reason to it. Right now a lot of those qualities are in violation example Vastayans have more humanlike faces with animal details, but Rengar has an Ascended looking head, Ascended are buff humans bodies with animal heads, but technically Volibear and Alistar fulfill these qualities and aren't Ascended. Alistar, Warwick and Twitch are animalistic as well but fit into none of those broader category. Little things like that make me want Riot to take a break from animal based designs and fill the roster out with other things.
: I personally think Neeko should look like this.
I think that {{champion:107}} should get VGU to make him look less animalistic {{champion:62}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:103}} look fine as Vastaya when you hold them to the new art direction that {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} created. Mostly human looking with animal qualities. {{champion:107}} Looks like a small Ascended. Ask a person who never played LoL to categorize champs and he'd think {{champion:107}} belongs with {{champion:75}} and{{champion:58}} before the Vastaya
: @Riot So why was Crimson Akali outright removed from the game?
"But its just Akali except red!" There you go, that's why it's gone. Grungy Nunu wasn't just Nunu but green and it still got changed because it was kinda a shitty skin (and begging for Sesame Street to go full lawsuit on Riot)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cecil Hoshino,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hYcxLmMn,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-13T05:29:08.149+0000) > > Thanks! > > Man, kinda puts all the regional/factional rivalries and warring into perspective, doesn't it? Maybe in the same way our own world does. I think human conflict is fractal - you can zoom in or out to any scale, and still find it.
> [{quoted}](name=Bioluminescence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hYcxLmMn,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-13T05:36:14.227+0000) > > Maybe in the same way our own world does. I think human conflict is fractal - you can zoom in or out to any scale, and still find it. Not just in between humans, recent studies have proven that even preganancy one of the most symbolic symbols for love, intimacy and boundless giving between a mother and child is somewhat sociopathic, with certain immune cells in the mother body treating the fetus as a pathogen or parasite and regulating the amount of blood flow and nutrients it can steal. Conversely transplanting an embryo in mice anywhere other than the womb (in the brain, liver what have you) every time the embryo went wild. Placental cells rampaged through surrounding tissues, slaughtering everything in their path as they hunted for arteries to sate their thirst for nutrients. If conflict can be found even in maternity than perhaps it's just an inherent part of our nature.
: > [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=YliA5aOr,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-13T09:43:30.536+0000) > > But that was what OP's question was to begin with? > > If Vayne has a distrust of magical creatures like Yordles who do very much posesses supernatural attributes innately. > The OP's question as set in the title was not fully reflective of the question they were asking. I am flat-out stating that the word 'racism' was bad word choice to begin with since creatures who practice dark arts to become abominations are not a part of race. They are abominations, monsters, and by their definition unnatural. Yordles are a race, that came to into existence without any direct outside intervention, or some magical ritual to give them any abilities. And secondly, they don't have any innate powers whatsoever. Most of them don't use powers, they use tools, ie Teemo with his blowdart, Heimer with his technology, Ziggs' bombs. Even Kennen and Lulu weren't born with powers, they got them through experimentation (Lulu with the Glade, Kennen through the Kinkou order). Yordles are not supernatural creatures, at best their just small cat creatures who happen to be technically and mechanically gifted, but that is a far cry from being supernatural. > Sure, but what is being discussed here isn't traditional racism and doesn't correlate with the racism of real life. > Duh. I am stating that it is. What I am stating is that people should be more self-aware when using words that carry an _obvious_ political tone, because it is a sensitive issue, and using it in an inaccurate way is laying the groundwork for incendiary comments. > I wasn't trying to be self-righteous as far as I'm concerned. > Whether you meant to or not, the person was pretty clear cut in saying that it was just their opinion, regardless of how bluntly they phrased it. > The user called it "political *bullshit*", and I'm pretty sure you don't just go around saying that if you really don't care about *other* people talking about it anyway. > When a person says that something is just their opinion or their taste, it ultimately leaves the decision for other people to talk about it open-ended. Clearly, they weren't trying to hide their disdain for "political bullshit" being a part of LoL Boards discussion, but that aspect is wholly irrelevant to the implication that they were trying to control other people's discussion liberties. > Me too, but that's not an excuse to just slap "political bullshit" on it. Nobody needs an excuse to say or do _anything_ in the context of this topic, self-righteous or not.
>The OP's question as set in the title was not fully reflective of the question they were asking. I am flat-out stating that the word 'racism' was bad word choice to begin with since creatures who practice dark arts to become abominations are not a part of race I would say that the title is warranted it is because I'm asking if Vaynes' hate possibly bleeds out into other races (Vastaya and Yordles), these are races other than human so racism is a perfectly fine word to use. A hypothetical question meant only to discuss Vayne as a character. That's the question because I feel it could be open to interpretation, if anyone wants to bring politics into it that's on them because that wasn't my intention and I couldn't care less. I'm talking purely League and not trying to draw any real world analogs. You'd think that would be obvious these days, but I guess not.
EdgeLady (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=vXlr82UR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-12T23:26:49.449+0000) > > I think the Runes shaped the world, after all the planet is called Runeterra. The myths about {{champion:516}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:106}} are just that myths that people passed down through generations to explain things they don't understand about the natural world. I like that Riot actually designates the "demi-gods" as greater spirits basically spirits so powerful that when they manifested people mistook them for dieties. > > That's a major theme in LoL. The Ascended were mislabelled as gods, The Aspects are revered in much of the same way and even Aurelion Sol is called a god because he inadvertently created life by creating the stars, he had no plans for us it was just happenstance. I'd say Aurelion Sol is one of the closest things to a god, but he's revered on Targon for more than what he actually did. He made stuff and let it be; he didn't have a hand in affairs or anything, unlike what a lot of people assume of gods (especially creator ones).
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=vXlr82UR,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-13T04:09:35.331+0000) > > I'd say Aurelion Sol is one of the closest things to a god, but he's revered on Targon for more than what he actually did. He made stuff and let it be; he didn't have a hand in affairs or anything, unlike what a lot of people assume of gods (especially creator ones). In terms of creating life and his godlike power I would say so. However Riot plays with that idea by. A.) Making his creation of us unintended. Imagine if the religions in our world were true but people found out God didn't really care about them and we were just happy little accidents. It's slightly different. B.) Having him become enslaved. A common idea is that a God is all-knowing, all-seeing and all-powerful. Despite this Aurelion Sol disproves this by becoming a slave to Targon essentially a slave of the insects that live on giant rocks that rotate on his stars axis. Making him fallible makes us consider if he really is a god. I think Nagakaborous is the closest thing League has to a God but Iw ouldn't be surprised if there were more to it
Rioter Comments
Moody P (NA)
: Do Freljordian demigods only have power locally?
I think the Runes shaped the world, after all the planet is called Runeterra. The myths about {{champion:516}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:106}} are just that, myths that people passed down through generations to explain things they don't understand about the natural world. I like that Riot actually designates the "demi-gods" as greater spirits, basically spirits so powerful that when they manifested people mistook them for dieties. That's a major theme in LoL. The Ascended were mislabeled as gods, The Aspects are revered in much of the same way because people are ignorant of Space Targon on Mount Targon and even Aurelion Sol is called a god because he inadvertently created life by creating the stars, he had no plans for us it was just happenstance.
Shiwah (EUW)
: You can find a lot of them here (unfortunately not all of them are 4k): http://www.lol-wallpapers.com/official-artwork/
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aVhtRuQt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-12T22:56:29.138+0000) > > You can find a lot of them here (unfortunately not all of them are 4k): http://www.lol-wallpapers.com/official-artwork/ This conversely go to the source on ArtStation and some of the artists post the splash arts up there in full resolution as well. (Some of these are outsource so they may be pre-final pass by Riot in-house artists meaning some champs will have funny looking faces or little details will be off)
: 2018 Lore Party Thread! Free-For-All Time
Well that sucks. Icathia woulda won anyways by far the best story. The Void abyss and Twilight of the gods woulda been 2nd and 3rd
3oh (NA)
: hey, friendly neighborhood viktor main here, can we get the old walk animation back?
: Concept : Icon Border Selector
Just got 125 and this new summoner ring is fugly. I stand by this suggestion
: > [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iVn4c2w2,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-12-11T05:05:03.673+0000) > > I don't get the sand troll theory at all? Was their any concrete proof in that qoute that suggested Jax xould be onw or are people just hyperactive in the imagination You don't get it at all? 1. Jax is stated to not be a human and the only other humanoids in Shurima (that we know of) are Sand Trolls, Ascended, and Vastaya. 2. Jax is described as a giant (for scale, he wields an entire lamp post into battle), which Trolls also are (see the Ryze: Call To Power video when Ryze gets attacked by Trolls. They're huge). We have yet to encounter any massive Vastaya, so we can rule that one out for now. 3. Jax has three fingers, which Trolls also do. 4. Jax describes himself as a monster, which aligns with how Trolls are often looked down upon for their ugly appearance. 5. Jax's short bio mentions "After his homeland was laid low by its own hubris in unleashing the Void, Jax and **his kind** vowed to protect what little remained", which might explain what the Sand Trolls are even doing in Shurima (keep in mind that Ezreal discovered them not far from Icathia). So unless you want Jax to be an Ascended or a giant Vastaya (or something else entirely that doesn't even exist), he's a Sand Troll. Now, I agree, it would make much more sense if he was corrupted by the Void in some shape or form to explain his purple skin and 7 eyes, but apparently Riot is vehemently against Jax being corrupted by the Void (for some unknown reason), trying to explain it with a "childhood illness". I know he was purple and had 7 eyes in his previous lore before his lore-rework into being an Icathian, but like, come on. Why add the Void in his new lore and then *not* have it be the reason why he looks how he looks now? *sigh* But, for now, I find Sand Troll to be the most likely option, especially given how the reference of Sand Trolls just seemingly happened out of nowhere (even Ezreal was surprised as to their existence).
My thoughts exactly. I don't see how making him a random race out of the blue is more satisfying than saying he's Void-corrupted which is what the lore seemed to be building up to. Just another discrepancy for the head-canon I suppose
EdgeLady (NA)
: Well well. Is this the "sand troll" that's got all the Jax fans up in arms? Or something else entirely?
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iVn4c2w2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-11T03:14:43.362+0000) > > Well well. > > Is this the "sand troll" that's got all the Jax fans up in arms? Or something else entirely? I don't get the sand troll theory at all? Was their any concrete proof in that qoute that suggested Jax xould be onw or are people just hyperactive in the imagination
Lewanor (NA)
: Why is everyone was interested in Kassa's Daughter and no one is for Kata's father Talon's mentor?
The "It's Alive" tease suggests that the new champion won't be human
: Can we get a good Noxian?
{{champion:50}} : We are all of us born into a lie, that there are those who are good and those who are evil, but these words mean nothing. In truth, the only measure of a soul is the strength of their will.
Jobriq (NA)
: Shaco's walk animation
I don't play Shaco, tell me the unicycle made it in?!?!
wolvius (EUW)
: I have found the promised lands of "skin preview"
Yeah been using this for a awhile it's actually better than lolking was in some ways since you can manipulate the frames of every animation
Arakadia (NA)
: It was certainly a success but not quite as high priority was it?
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qpUMw7AM,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-10T23:01:49.979+0000) > > It was certainly a success but not quite as high priority was it? Arguably it was, Ezreal along with Ryze is one of the main poster boys for League. Can't have em looking all disheveled it's a bad look you know?
d00mface (EUW)
: What champs would you like to see interact with one another that haven't?
{{champion:50}} {{champion:59}} Both rulers who differ from their predecessors (J3 is still king in Demacia but you get the point) Swain is too practical to see the point in continuing a rivalry with Demacia and Jarvan has seen more of the world and doesn't identify with Demacias' xenophobia/fear of magic. Could be interesting.
: Let’s Talk Zilean
I think he should stay Icathian, but just have a different approach to wanting to destroy the Void by going back to when it was unleashed rather than gathering armies and warriors like Jax would. It would be cool if Zil was one of Icathias mage-kings responsible for the discovery of the Void in the first place. If you think about it only he could find out about it. The last time the Void manifested on Runeterra it was in the Freljord, Lissandra spoke to the Watchers in dreams and prepared for their arrival only by going back to when that happened could someone even know about the Void or how to get it to manifest again. It's a cool arc from desperate and yet arrogant king who wants to free himself from the yoke of a bigger empire mostly out of pride to a repentant old man trying to undo his wrongs.
: Wintertechnics has multiple posts in that thread. Took no effort at all to notice that.
Than I guess the real question is why is he complaining? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: Yep. It's just funny how people just don't see it and don't want to open their eyes to it. It's been 5 years. There has been little to no communication and nothing is getting done.
> [{quoted}](name=Wintertechnics,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JokcKHrV,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-06T09:31:04.408+0000) > > Yep. It's just funny how people just don't see it and don't want to open their eyes to it. It's been 5 years. There has been little to no communication and nothing is getting done. If you took a second to do some research you would know that they are addressing both these concerns. Karma is getting work done on a new W that gives companions active cooldown reductions. This has been in progress since October. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/TkiBEVYV-karma-gameplay-change-preview And she is part of an initiative to give old champions new walk animations @3:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9256uqY-kNM It only took me 2 minutes to find this info and it will do you more good then petulant whining on the forums does.
: The ~~Kumungu~~Shurima jungle territory is essentially Shurima's equivalent to the unclaimed zones of Valoran. There are reasons why we don't have a dedicated Region page for general Valoran. Why should Kumungu be any different?
> [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=t4FtfLzv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-06T04:13:16.699+0000) > > The Kumungu territory is essentially Shurima's equivelent to the unclaimed zones of Valoran. There are reasons why we don't have a dedicated Region page for general Valoran. Why should Kumungu be any different? General Valoran doesn't have champions with unifying themes or a unique biome or culture to speak of. Them not talking about Valoran is to be expected, not talking about Kumungu is a wasted opportunity
  Rioter Comments
: Are Brackern related to the Black Mist?
He is just comparing the singing of the Brackern to the "singing" of the spirits in the Black Mist It's a loose comparison, not meant to suggest they are in any way connected though
: where is eve normally in runeterra?
As a demon she goes where she pleases in one of the stories it was revealed that she has a cult of followers north of Demacia in the mountain where the silverback griffon are
QMighty (NA)
: So, about that Beastmaster...
Hmmm. But it seems like the Chain Champ is being imprisoned by Demacia. With Petricite chains. This guy seems a little small fry for that
Zyranium (EUW)
: Something's off with the new Zyra bio
Just gotta maintain that separation between Shurima the Continent and the Shuriman Empire which was named AFTER the continent it was on. Zyra is Shuriman in the same way that Mexicans and Canadians are "Americans"
Naalith (NA)
: Hmm. I'm split on this one. Ashe lives in the far north and very clearly needs to be wearing more clothes, Caitlin is a police officer and needs to look a little less like a cosplayer, but this? Hmm. She was raised by animals, continues to live with animals, and only really has interactions with humans when they are negatively impacting the lives of those in the forest, it doesn't make sense for her to be wearing such modest clothes (and stylish ones at that). If she is cold, which it sounds like may be near impossible in the heart of the jungle, she can shapeshift into a creature with fur. The only other thing I can think of is she stole it from humans she killed or, like this vastaya we see here, lots of jungle dwelling sentient beings are just impeccably dressed.
Yeah it's totally fine. Riot is just taking an opportunity to posture as "respectable" despite what is reportedly going on in their office culture which is kind of funny. Nidalee will either change thematics dramatically when she gets VGU (what she really needs is color I feel) or she will never change for the duration of the games' life cycle. Too many other champs actually have bad aesthetics that need changes for Riot to change a female champ for being "too revealing". But to take Nidalee put her in clothes and shove her in the game would be WORSE than what we have because at least Tarzan wannabe Nidalee feels like a complete character design (despite how obvious it may be) and this is literally a boring looking woman in leather armor. She doesn't even have Nidalees' iconic hair. I don't like it.
Terozu (NA)
: Neeko's story got real dark real fast.
Lol I loved it. Totally tone deaf. When Zoe "accidentally" obliterated all of those people from her it's part of her character she doesn't have altruistic desires or hopes like Neeko, she's an embodiment of chaos doing what she wants when she wants for no discernible reason and little regard for the consequences. She's much like the Joker but in a cuter form which makes her more eerie and off putting. In Neekos' story it's just weird that she can have this traumatic backstory and this ambitious aim to create a tribe of all people and then shrug off the deaths of near 100 soldiers that she herself caused out of curiosity. "Humans were indeed strange creatures, Neeko thought." No Neeko, you are just a sociopath. A trait that works for Zoe wonderfully (in the narrative and on the Rift lol), but doesn't work for you. Not Riots' best color story. Woulda liked more insight on her culture or hints as to what caused the cataclysm on her home. P.S. just checked the patch notes for the narrative. This story is tagged as "Playful" lol wtf
: Vastaya humans vs Vastaya inhumans
We'll never see a true Vastayashay'rei outside of longer stories because a true shapeshifter should be formless, any attempt to make it to human will be scoffed at (Neeko is written as though she is supposed to embody what the Vastayashay'rei are about with the caveat that she isn't ACTUALLY one of them, just closer to one because she can trace her lineage back to them. Kinda a cop out imo), and making it to animalistic will make people confused (why this form over another?).
Ralanr (NA)
: To be honest sometimes it feels like they take a step back (Kaisa). Riot does put a lot of effort into character designs, and I feel they get bashed to often when a character isn’t sexy or is too appealing to SJW’s. I guess I’m worried at times that Riot will walk away from trying to be diverse in their cast, which will only make them bland.
I actually agree with you mostly, but when you say that Kai'sa is a misstep can you elaborate. Kai'sa is pretty diverse as diverse as gets just in different ways than {{champion:420}} , {{champion:163}} , {{champion:164}}. One's a Maoi inspired priest, another is a lady with scissor legs , and the third is a rock mage with darker skin. Is it the race that makes them diverse or the body type? Their motivations or that they don't conform to their ascribed gender roles? I think you mean they are diverse because they don't conform to standard beauty conventions? I can't say it's race because Camille is white so I think that is what you are getting at. With Illaois' more masculine frame and Taliyahs' more "ugly duckling" face design, but then Camille has scissors for legs.... is that a body type that needs representation? Or is it because she's old? Do you see what I am getting at? What type of diversity is "good diversity" and which is "just different". You're telling me this is important and I'm willing to follow you, but why is it important. You can tell me Kai'Sa art aesthetic isn't strong and I might be inclined to agree with you, but she has a more "ideal" hourglass body shape so that's a problem? People say diversity is important because representation is important but isn't that just circular logic? The whole thing confuses me to be honest. See the problem isn't that Riot shouldn't be diverse it's the intent of what diversity means in games that people try to obfuscate when they use the catch all term diverse. People perceive the agenda behind it and it's the perceived dishonesty/ verbal substitution that turns people off of it. Can you clearly say what it is you would like? Because I read these threads and I don't go one way or the other because I don't understand what the issue is.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PpKbi4XX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-05T19:54:27.248+0000) > > Hopefully this will be a consistent way of releasing things. I dont think so because the quality of the writing will go down if they are rushed to do something in a 2 week period. But I still hope to get lore consistently not randomly like on time we get a single story update and one time we get a whole region update with short stories and stuff.
I think the way it works is that all the lore is always being worked on but to tie it to major releases (Darkin lore for Aatrox, Noxus for Swain, Kumungu for Neeko) Riot will put one on higher priority. So his means when a new Yordle comes around, it's not like Riot will start making up lore 2 weeks before release but it will be years of slowly put together work that gets put into a higher priority a couple months before champion release. I think at this point though we should just get the damn update because who knows when Riot will release another Yordle, I thought it was going to be Neeko. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Zeanix (OCE)
: Nidalee’s new character design
It's kinda like Ashe and Caitlyn. Riot will redesign them for stories like this but their iconic look will stay pretty much the same. Well maybe just for Ashe, Caitlyn may get an actual VU soon TM. Comics do this ALL THE TIME This would still need work if it were to end up in the game as it's a bit generic. Because they have to stay true to Nidalees' in game design which is somewhat generic (female tarzan) but at least in game she still stands out as a unique champion because the trope is being embraced wholeheartedly. This Nid kinda looks like an NPC in a Bethesda game that gives a fairly important quest, not a character you play as. It's too "in the middle" of both camps. When Nid gets a real VGU they will have to find a new aesthetic for her to free her from Tarzan woman trope. If they want to. Nidalee is actually fine in my mind among plenty of awful designs we have now that are on the high priority VGU list {{champion:32}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:72}}
: Neeko's passive is unpolished.
Maybe that's the point. Experienced players will be able to pick these little details and know that it is Neeko. I think it's intentional based on the art. Darius with the flower in his hair, Taller Nunu with the head tentacles, Ahri with a tail. All champions that are being replicated, but not perfectly. Something is off about them obviously Riot couldn't actually put that in the game due to MASSIVE art demands, but this simulates it using gameplay features.
: How is this related to the term " F2P " . Riot literally makes millions of every single skin they release.
> [{quoted}](name=SumGuy0009,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=0Pf0Qm3X,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-05T02:57:56.035+0000) > > How is this related to the term " F2P " . Riot literally makes millions of every single skin they release. Which is why they are going to prioritize the skins that sell the most...
: Item Rework Idea: Cull
I worry about stacking 10% attack speed with the 10% attack speed stat rune and then going Hail of blades (which is getting buffed) and then going Jhin. You could literally chunk out an ADC in 1 trade
Eeszsa (NA)
: Such a disappointing day.
Hey that's F2P for you
: > [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aqKiWvw4,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-12-04T22:24:42.364+0000) > > I think Rengar has a monopoly on the Lion thing plus we have Nidalee as a jungle cat. I kinda want Setaka to be something non-traditionally cool.... like an elephant. She's pretty much confirmed as a Lioness ascended. In "Where Icathia Once Stood" There was a God-warrior described precisely as Setaka, being the queen and wielding chalicar.
>Their leader, with skin as pale and smooth as ivory, turned her monstrous head towards us. Enclosed in a golden helm carved to resemble a roaring lion, It was just a helmet, furthermore her skin is referred to being "smooth" which suggests no fur to me.
Gilgayu (NA)
: "'Asian' looking lamp"... xD
Lol I must have typed like 8 other adjectives before I gave up and used that one. Come on it looks Japanese!
: I hope the new Demacian lore is more than "Demacia hates magic"
To me Demacia is more about the positive aspects of people that support each other and a society that holds everyone accountable regardless of social status. The magic hatred is supposed to be the smudge that holds this "utopia" back but people and their cortisol addictions like to blow up the negatives.
: Imo, she's one of the most interesting non-champion characters. And her influence on modern Runeterra runs really deep. Her weapon, her reign, Icathian war, her relationship with multiple champions in the game. Sort of an unspoken focal point of lore. And yes, I agree, I would absolutely *LOVE* more information on her! She seems to be the most prominent female ascended and her being an ivory coloured lion sounds like some visually amazing stuff. Come to think of it, I would absolutely love a comic about her/with her in it as a main character.
> [{quoted}](name=Speak or Die,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aqKiWvw4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-04T16:16:45.949+0000) > > Imo, she's one of the most interesting non-champion characters. > > And her influence on modern Runeterra runs really deep. Her weapon, her reign, Icathian war, her relationship with multiple champions in the game. Sort of an unspoken focal point of lore. > > And yes, I agree, I would absolutely *LOVE* more information on her! She seems to be the most prominent female ascended and her being an ivory coloured lion sounds like some visually amazing stuff. > > Come to think of it, I would absolutely love a comic about her/with her in it as a main character. I think Rengar has a monopoly on the Lion thing plus we have Nidalee as a jungle cat. I kinda want Setaka to be something non-traditionally cool.... like an elephant.
: why is this getting downvoted?
> [{quoted}](name=chameleon girl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5jizYcoi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-04T20:35:32.891+0000) > > why is this getting downvoted? Maybe because it deviates from Aatroxs' silhouette and core design a bit much. It's hard to make skin for the Darkin though because their design is so limiting in a way. I kinda like it though.
: Ashe has better clothes in the "legends never die" cinematic for worlds 2017 than she does in game
I want Ashe to get a VU, but not because she has skin showing. Because she needs a new VO, rig and animations and maybe a more interesting E than what she currently has. Her clothes are kinda whatever she isn't as ridiculous as Caitlyn. The real problem is that she actually looks quite bland in black. It doesn't really have the Freljord aesthetic she looks like she could be from anywhere if you just look at her on glance, her main inspiration is Robin Hood it seems and it shows. Kinda just generic looking and not undoubtedly League of Legends TM.
: ZYRA LORE INCOMING
Mostly the same if Riot doesn't flesh out Kumungu as a region, they'll probably just try to tie her to other champions ({{champion:76}} ) to make her story stronger like we've seen in the past. Vladimir with the Darkin, Veigar and Mordekaiser. If they change what Kumungu itself is about then it could be anything. We would need to know about what kind of society lives there and how they feel about magic and then the sky is is the limit.
Gilgayu (NA)
: But let's be honest, what weapon can Jax use? It feels out of place to imagine him using anything but a lamp post (I'm not saying he can't use other weapons, it's just weird)
> [{quoted}](name=Gilgayu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=isBh3aZd,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-12-04T01:30:40.792+0000) > > But let's be honest, what weapon can Jax use? > > It feels out of place to imagine him using anything but a lamp post > > (I'm not saying he can't use other weapons, it's just weird) Probably a halberd like in The Icathia story, but the lamp post is more iconic. It probably wont be an "Asian" looking lamp post like he has now but look more like the A New Dawn trailer which had more of an open flame. More like a large torch if you look at it while he's fighting Darius
Show more

mrmeddyman

Level 128 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion