DJisKxng (NA)
: Im sure Shen's dueling is probably the LAST thing you guys should ever worry about, instead buffs shens Q dmg towards minions, allow his E to hit minions, something to allow him to effectively splitpush. Give his W a function beside being a master yi/trynd counter. Shen just feels like a weaker fiora with TP and CC cause he has no effect on the game other than his dueling and the 200 sec cd ultimate
In the couple of times I've played Shen, his kit has struck me as just plain odd. His "sword" isn't a sword isn't anything but name, and allowing it to deal damage to non-champions would at least be a small step toward making the thematics and gameplay align.
: I like how riot loves to play favorites with champions. Shen, jax, fiora, renekton, darius, etc are all already strong champions yet somehow get sizable buffs before garen gets anything that would ever push push into being remotely viable in high elo.
They've made their guidelines for buffing and nerfing public. Are they violating those guidelines with these buffs, or do you consider the guidelines to be bad?
: WHY DO YOU KEEP NERFING TAHM???!!!! He's already slow AF when devouring enemies and allies, and his shield???????????????????????????????? da fudge????? {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
That occurred to me, too. At this point, what's the intended use of Devour as a support? Switching tower aggro? Keeping the ADC safe for a couple of seconds while your team cleans up the enemy? (The latter seems unlikely since you'd have to outnumber them by 2 for it to work, considering that TK and the ADC are useless while Devour is used on an ally.) Those seem like they should be niche uses of the ability, not its primary purpose.
Byrden (NA)
: Nothing about the ghost plants?
I used to encounter them all the time, but I haven't at all for the last patch or two. Is it still an issue?
Uminaga (NA)
: I also came for the {{champion:164}} Lore. But I sort of miss tension between regions. And the character relationships between them. Noxus vs Demacia/Ionia, or Piltover and Zaun. Right now it feels just inner thoughts of the champs but I'd like the lore of champions meeting others outside of their region.
I remember thinking the same thing a few months ago. I think that image is the standard thumbnail for lore updates, and they chose it because she looks like she's leisurely reading something.
: That's kind of interesting that you've pointed that out because, instead of that being a bad thing, I feel like that kind of brings a level of realism to the world. Nothing in real life really is black-and-white and while this is a fantasy world, grounding it in reality and saying "look, everyone here believes that they're the hero of their story and their actions reflect their ideals. It's up to decide who you're rooting for." parallels the real world in a way I really enjoy.
I knew that someone would write that reply, but I didn't address that point in my original comment because I figured people wouldn't read it if it was any longer. I understand that real people and institutions have flaws, and I actually think that Piltover harvesting brackern crystals was a great touch to the world-building. On the other hand, the frequency and degree of derogatory comments and poor treatment against mages in the Lux series borders on obnoxious and strains my suspension of disbelief. Regarding Runeterra's various personal rivalries: there's a right way to show conflicts between people who are well-intentioned (or genuinely good), and a wrong way to do it. Captain America: Civil War is a great example of that; two genuinely great characters are each trying to make the world a better place but have incompatible plans for doing that. There are a few important things to point out, though. Both characters had extensive characterization, whereas Kayle and Morgana don't. Second, we understood what the characters were fighting about, there was a lot of subtlety to the issue, and we knew exactly what each character's position on the issue was. The lore for Kayle and Morgana never got more specific than stating that Morgana tried to rehabilitate criminals when Kayle would have preferred to punish them. Finally, I'd like to point out that you don't need to make everybody and everything grey in order to make a good story, or even to be realistic. Lord of the Rings has some pretty clear-cut lines between the good guys and bad guys while giving characters just enough flaws to be believable, and it's a great story. Regarding the point about realism: plenty of real-world conflicts have been black-and-white (or black-and-light-grey at murkiest), such as World War II and the 1960s civil rights movement. Stories based around such conflicts can be interesting, even though we know exactly who we're supposed to root for.
: I already said this elsewhere, but while the comic itself is good, I don't think it's a good "Lux comic" if that makes sense. Lux feels less like the protagonist of the story and more a foil for Sylas and/or Garen, who have a lot more interesting things going on imo that overshadow her. She might be in the boat, but Sylas and Garen are the ones steering it. I acknowledge that we still have 2 more issues coming, but so far it feels like a Sylas comic trying to be sold as a Lux comic, which is a disservice to both champions.
I hadn't really noticed it at the time, but you're right; your boat analogy is spot-on. My other criticism of the comic (though I suppose it's the Lux series and the lore more broadly, not Lux: Issue 3 in particular) is that they've gone too far in subverting the classic good and bad roles. It seems that most elements of Runeterra that were thoroughly good in previous lore have been changed to be just as bad as many of their classically evil counterparts. Demacia is over-the-top magophobic, Kayle seems to think jaywalkers should get the death penalty, Piltover blew up or flooded half of Zaun in order to open up a trade route and is committing genocide against the brackern in order to make some fancy gadgets, Jayce killed a hospital full of people in order to stop one of Viktor's inventions, and Ashe betrayed all of her ideals at the end of her comic series.
: It is a little upsetting there are so few comments :( Where's the hype from non Rioters??
I'm pretty excited about this, too. I'm wondering how they're quantifying percentages of a costume, though. That seems like a nightmare for judges. Even a theoretically simple metric, such as weight, isn't practical, since judges can't take apart most of these costumes in order to weigh their parts.
: I'M JUST REALLY HYPE OK?!?!
EdgeLady (NA)
: He does have too many escape tools, but these nerfs will probably end up making him useless even as a support. Trying to make an assassin into a support is an instant seesaw of balance. Buff him? He'll go right back to mid, jungle, and top with the other assassins. Nerf him? He's absolutely useless, even in his "intended" support role.
I disagree. There are plenty of mages that were intended to be played mid lane that seem to work better as supports right now, and I don't see why assassins are different. You could make the case that mages are just meant to deal lots of damage (which helps the ADC), whereas assassins are meant to secure kills (which isn't helpful to the ADC), but that was specifically addressed in Pyke's design by the gold-sharing mechanic.
: > [{quoted}](name=mvmlego,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=5VNumi4z,comment-id=0015000200000002,timestamp=2019-06-26T14:24:12.150+0000) > > Such as... ? 1st - You usually buy RP with a credit or debit card, which is less psychologically painful than using actual cash. 2nd - RP is funny money, it is hard to put actual value in it, giving a psychological disconnect between items and their costs. 3rd - Random chance (again) hides the expected chance and costs of getting the item(s) you are after. 4th - This all makes it rather hard to keep track of repeated RP purchases made in an attempt to get the item you want. 5th - These repeated purchases are further encouraged by degenerative patterns of thought such as Gambler's Fallacy. If I just rolled the dice a few dozen times and failed to get what I wanted, that must mean that if I roll them one more time I might get the thing I actually want!
> 1st - You usually buy RP with a credit or debit card, which is less psychologically painful than using actual cash. That's not obscuring the cost. > 2nd - RP is funny money, it is hard to put actual value in it, giving a psychological disconnect between items and their costs. Actually, it's pretty easy to put a dollar value on it: 130 points per dollar. Check the store, which offers 650 RP for $5. If someone is in the habit of making bulk purchases of RP, then they can use the bulk rate instead. > 3rd - Random chance (again) hides the expected chance and costs of getting the item(s) you are after. Fair enough. I see this as a problem with player expectations, rather than Riot's business strategy, but I see where you're coming from. I would just spend $5 and use the best thing that I got from it, rather than keep insisting to myself that I **NEED** a particular item, regardless of the cost. > 4th - This all makes it rather hard to keep track of repeated RP purchases made in an attempt to get the item you want. Not really, unless you're interspersing Little Legends purchases with other purchases. Even then, it's not any tougher than keeping track of the money in one's saving's account. > 5th - These repeated purchases are further encouraged by degenerative patterns of thought such as Gambler's Fallacy. If I just rolled the dice a few dozen times and failed to get what I wanted, that must mean that if I roll them one more time I might get the thing I actually want! Once again, that's a problem with player expectations. Riot never suggests that getting boxes that you don't like increases your chance of getting a box that you do like, so they're not obscuring anything.
: if riot or any company wants to sell cosmetics that is totally fine as long as there is an actual price tag attached to them, the stuff in loot boxes do not have actual price tags the thing you are looking for can pop out of the first box or maybe the 1000th.
I don't see how the randomness makes it immoral. Do you also consider Pokemon to be immoral on the same grounds? I don't see the difference. I'm not disagreeing that the randomness makes the product worse, by the way. I can guarantee that I won't be buying any loot boxes, whereas I probably would have spent a couple of dollars to directly get the little legend that I like.
: they probably ended up just not finding a buff that felt good or decided not to actually buff her. Those tweets are just plans
IKR. The OP made it sound like he was personally wronged.
: Probably because she doesn't really do anything groundbreaking like some of the releases recently. Ultimate Stealer, Champion Mimic, Summoner Spell Stealer, AD support assassin, etc. She's a very simple and easy-to-understand champion, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. TFT is also another factor.
On the other hand, she's also introducing a new faction. Consider all the stuff that happened when Azir was released along with the new Shurima lore.
: Riot provides a completely free game that is awesome. I appreciate any way that they choose to make money because that money pays for my free game. If loot boxes affected performance in game in any way I could see room for criticism, but League is a complete game without any money down at all.
In B4 the guy who says "So you're fine with child slave labor if it lets you get free stuff? >:(" Obviously, Islandcrater's statement is limited to ethical means. If you think there's something _morally_ wrong with the system that Riot has, then you'll have to explain why, because it's far from obvious to me and many others.
: Through the abuse of gambling addicts and the obscuring of how much money you're spending to acquire said legends in several different ways?
> the obscuring of how much money you're spending to acquire said legends in several different ways? Such as... ?
: > [{quoted}](name=mvmlego,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=9tEQhRbs,comment-id=002100000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T01:39:54.096+0000) > > Wait, what's the relationship between Taric and Twisted Treeline? I'm curious because I'm a Taric main and recently got into TT with my roommate who's new to the game. Taric's ultimate is a lot easier to utilize in Twisted Treeline thanks to how small the map is and how small the lanes are, and since 2v2 and 3v3 skirmishes are the most it can get to, Taric's ultimate, spam healing, and stuns become absolute monsters in that environment, but it's mostly just his ult and funneling. Both of these factors combined make him the single most powerful champion in Twisted Treeline.
Good to know, thanks.
: Just played my first 3 games in Diamond today: First one just ok with a little grief from our top constantly going in 1v5, but probably just a bad game i hope; Second one, guy goes Ahri top dies to a Udyr gank and uses tp on the creep the udyr and Kled were killing in the middle of the lane, dies again and ragequits; third one starts really good and we kill al lanes in the first 5 minutes. After that the nightmare begun as the transferred players Ez/Yuumi proceed to overextend all mid/late game making the game almost unwinnable. We were lucky both solo lanes were good and the enemy threw the game. At this point i’d Rather have stayed platinum where I had better teammates and enemies with much better mental and macro I would also recommend to not try to climb on saturday/sunday, the amount of trolls in those 2 days is just out of control. My first queue guy picked blitz top because support didn’t give role but luckily someone dodged
> I would also recommend to not try to climb on saturday/sunday, the amount of trolls in those 2 days is just out of control. I'll have to keep that in mind. The thing that bugs me about that sort of strategy ("do X to avoid the trolls"), though, is that I should theoretically be benefiting from playing during those times. Given that I'm not a troll, there's a greater chance of a troll being on the enemy team than on my team (5 random players vs. 4). It doesn't seem to work out that way, though.
: I would like to detail my first five games in Diamond
I feel your pain. I've been in low platinum for the last three seasons, and it's pretty disgusting what behavior people consider acceptable, and what Riot makes de-facto acceptable by not punishing. The proportion of people who ragequit from the game who actually get punished is abysmal, and there's at least one toxic player almost every game. If I'm lucky, that player is on the enemy team and only types in the team chat. The ragequitter part is especially frustrating, both because of how devastating it is to a game, and because of how easy you'd think it would be for Riot to verify those reports.
: Literally no one at Riot cares. They're not going to look into Taric, they're not going to address bots, and they're certainly not going to go through an entire list of champions that are strong in 3v3 and individually check them.
Wait, what's the relationship between Taric and Twisted Treeline? I'm curious because I'm a Taric main and recently got into TT with my roommate who's new to the game.
: Qiyana Rundown
I really like the idea of an elemental magician, and I like that her abilities distinguish between different types of terrain on Summoner's Rift. I'm a bit less satisfied with her specific background. Presumably, her civilization is the oldest in the known world. Such a civilization could not survive with a system of government that relied on ritual combat.
: Qiyana Rundown
I'm a little confused by her AD scaling. I understand that she's using a weapon with a sharp edge, but she's also using lots of magic. She's supposedly the best elemental mage in the world, after all. At the very least, stats like her bonuses from being near the current element, as well as the effects of her ultimate ability, should scale with AP. There are a lot more AD-based assassins that AP or hybrid ones, so what gives?
: It's actually pretty simple. Karma Chameleon came out in '83, and Gilbert Baker created the Pride flag in '78. So you're using a song that was created after the original flag was, to say that the original colors were red, gold, and green. And furthermore, the colors all stand for something. Red ~ Life Orange ~ Healing Yellow ~ Sunlight Green ~ Nature Indigo ~ Serenity Violet ~ Spirit The original had hot pink, and turquoise as well. TLDR It didn't get shuffled around. The flag was created before Karma Chameleon.
I said that Karma Chameleon referenced it, not invented it. Apparently, even five years after Baker created the pride flag, the color combination of red, gold, and green was still associated with gay pride in the public's mind.
: This is what's wrong with America. Does it harm you? No. It doesn't. Then take that as an invitation to mind your own fucking business. <3
I don't see how your response was warranted whatsoever. In what way am I not minding my own business by posting on the forums of a game that I play regularly?
Cetri (NA)
: Pride isn't just about that. Pride exists to show strength in the face of adversity, and to keep us from being swept under the rug.
Then it's not "gay pride" or, more generally, pride in one's sexual orientation; it's pride in one's character--specifically the character trait of persistence. I'm fine with people being proud of that as long as they are, in fact, overcoming substantial adversity, and as long as they make it clear that the celebration is a celebration of character, not demographics.
: There's nothing wrong with taking pride in what your demographic (so to speak) has accomplished. Far too many people have been shamed for things they can't control and this movement is them say "I shouldn't be ashamed, I should be proud". Minimizing it like you are is problematic. No one stopped straight people from doing things simply because they were straight. Let people move from shame to pride to "just am" as straight people "are" and quit your bellyaching because it's doing nothing but trying to steal the spotlight like a child who got upset about not being the centre of attention.
> There's nothing wrong with taking pride in what your demographic (so to speak) has accomplished. There absolutely is. A person who is the same sex, race, or sexual orientation of someone who has accomplished something (or does something wrong) doesn't confer credit (or blame) to that person, and violations of that principle constitute stolen valor (or unjust punishment). > Minimizing it like you are is problematic. What problems would be created by everybody being indifferent toward sexual orientation? > quit your bellyaching because it's doing nothing but trying to steal the spotlight like a child who got upset about not being the centre of attention. Did you just assume that I'm straight? You definitely assumed what my motive is. Both of those assumptions are unjustified.
Rosso (NA)
: I'ts just an icon and a rainbow.
That's not how LGB people and their "allies" are treating it, though--or, presumably, the people at Riot.
mvmlego (NA)
: I was wondering that, too. Originally, at least in western culture, the rainbow had religious importance. Specifically, it was a sign to Noah's family after the flood that there would never be another flood that would destroy mankind. In contrast, the combination of colors representing gay pride used to be red, gold and green. (The song "Karma Chameleon" makes a reference to this.) I'm not sure how that all got shuffled around.
I really, really, really don't see what a net three people saw in this that was problematic enough to downvote it. I'm sick of having polite and (what I thought were) non-controversial statements of fact down-voted with no reason given. Please, to anyone who reads this, if you're going to downvote a comment that doesn't have a response saying what the problem with the comment is, then write one.
xAcidik (NA)
: Here's What I've Learned From Practicing Jungle...
I'd like to make an addendum to point number 13. Sometimes, it's reasonable for laners to be hesitant to follow up on gank attempts when there are large minion waves near their tower. Typically, large waves like that develop because the champion who is extended has much more health and mana. If a laner in that situation initiates a fight, then there's a good chance they'll die to the combination of their lane opponent and the large wave of minions.
Vhozek (NA)
: Proud of being straight. No hate. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
IKR. One doesn't have to be a homophobe (or even be straight) to realize that it's absurd to take pride in who you're sexually attracted to.
Drewskey (NA)
: For pride month, the only champions that are playable are {{champion:44}} {{champion:110}} and {{champion:518}}
There really isn't any reason to think Taric is gay. The idea of it grew out of a running joke in the community pairing him with Ezreal back when Ezreal's splash art made him look like a girl. So, it was actually a "straight" relationship. Once Ezreal's splash art was changed, the joke was lost on newer players, and so the idea that Taric is gay was born.
: Pride month attempts to celebrate those who are typically marginalized by society who are part of the LGBT+ community. Basically, if you don't like "who you're supposed to", like if you're a girl and you like another girl. A lot of people get shut out of society for that so this month celebrates those people.
If it's about not liking "who you're supposed to", then the acronym really should be lopped off after the first three letters--and I do think it should. It's always been concerning to me that people will proudly claim to be part of a movement whose name they can't articulate.
: I have a question: why do rainbows represent Pride? I ask this because I see rainbows as symbolical for other things as well and I wonder where the idea came from.
I was wondering that, too. Originally, at least in western culture, the rainbow had religious importance. Specifically, it was a sign to Noah's family after the flood that there would never be another flood that would destroy mankind. In contrast, the combination of colors representing gay pride used to be red, gold and green. (The song "Karma Chameleon" makes a reference to this.) I'm not sure how that all got shuffled around.
Blankr (NA)
: Imo Akali's damage doesn't really matter. She does just as much as a Rengar or Zed would. It's literally just her shroud and maybe the execute that people complain about. The reason why she's better than other assassins is because of the safety of her shroud. If you want to make her balanced, nerf the shroud, so she's in line with other assassins. Removing every bit of damage from her kit you might as well just delete her if you want her to be so useless.
From the perspective of someone who regularly bans Akali (yes, even after the most recent nerfs), what I find frustrating is her unique combination of burst damage, sustained damage, mobility, healing, and untargetability. Having having two or three of those is pretty standard for an assassin, but nobody else that I can think of has all five.
: Having more time to auto attack her while she is in her cloud negates the usefulness of it by a lot considering auto attacks are the only thing you are for certain safe from, and especially late game when 1 adc auto can take a majority of her hp. If we're talking about nerfing her shroud, I would prefer if they made her it function like her old kit, meaning pink wards as well as relevant champion abilities would reveal her in it.
I thought that a lot of its usefulness came from allowing her to reposition without being targeted, and by giving her an advantage against skillshots. That said, I've never played Akali.
: I don't think he is suggesting they remove her stealth completely, just her TRUE stealth, which would mean pinks would reveal her in her cloud (and relevant champion abilities).
That might be what he was referring to. I was getting some of the terminology mixed up. Specifically, I was thought "stealth" referred to the mechanic that is specifically called "invisibility".
MasterMYi (EUW)
: Please revert Akali, i just want to say, she is too weak in higher rank play and unplayable on mid line when enemy is a same level player as you. I really want to ask you try to play akali please, not just watch pro. Let's talk about the problem of akali. She will be nerfed again in 9.11. I just write some general statements to talk the condition now. She is still overpowered now? no in rank and yes in pro. Why? Because she is easy to get kills before 15min and get superiority. However, the teammates in rank can not end the game when they get superiority, but teammates in pro can do this. That's the reason why she is not easy to balance. In Chinese server, akali's win rate is 43%, it is much lower than KR and NA. Nearly all chinese akali main want to get revert. In addition, after this nerf, she will not get superiority in early game and become a completely rubbish champion. I really hope designers can try to play this champion, or not just watch MSI!! 2.How about her rework? I can sure it is failure. Her skill combo is interesting i admit and can get early kill, but you have to know it is unstable and slow bursting This is the largest problem that she can not get snowball ability and win the game. Her mechanism gives enemy bad experience (QAQA in W brings frustration) and also give her player bad experience( low cleaning minions and snowball ability) 3.What should they do now? She can not be balanced now. Revert or Re-rework I suggest revert, but re-rework is also a good way to fix this condition. Old akali is not perfect, but she is much more balanced than new one with 50% win rate, at least no frustration. She has her own feature and playing way. The most Akali mains also hope she can get revert, because the new one is completely different to old one. Re-rework is also working, but it is difficult. New akali's ability is rely on her W, so designers are difficult to change this. The QER and passive is only related to the value. Therefore, revert is better than another work. I suggest revert firstly, then you have more time to make a new champion like new akali re-rework. In addition, i really so sad if you insist on destroy akali main. I only main this champion and be a challenger in the past, but now i only can get diamond and really hard to win a game. Like her background: Maybe one day she will come back, but this will be decided by herself. Go back to balanced sects and apologize to Shen, many players hope you can back! I love this champion too deeply and really hope she can get revert. This is my old view about the rework of akali. you can read by this link if you are interested. I wish designer can see this and make efforts many times. above is chinese link and below is english version link. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/g1ij5qui-from-chinese-player-a-full-analysis-and-advice-about-the-rework-of-akail
I think you passingly mention a problem that could, by itself, reduce much of the problem with Akali if it was fixed. If she became targetable for a tiny bit longer when she attacked from her shroud, then champions would be able to get in a basic attack. That opens up a lot of counterplay for opponents, especially those such as Nasus and Mundo who can pack a lot of power into one basic attack, while preserving much of the ability's usefulness. Your thoughts?
: He's not wrong though, his rework was years ago during the class rework sweeps; and there's still plenty of people complaining here they want the scoop ability instead, though I preferred zac before his rework along with release xerath so I'm biased. As someone else pointed out, amumu just got that buff a couple patches ago, and they're undoing it while trying to ignore taking the blame, something they do like a stuttering clock on any obviously bad decisions. The only time I can recall them actually admitting their failure was with kogmaws rework, because it got overturned like a hotfix for how abusive it made him.
> they're undoing it while trying to ignore taking the blame I would agree if they didn't acknowledge that they were reverting the changes, but they acknowledge it consistently. Why do you think they're trying to shift the blame to, the players? What more do you want from them, someone from Riot literally saying "sorry that we made a mistake"? I don't see why people would want that in all but the most extreme cases, such as leaving Dominion to rot--and they did apologize for that.
: Either remove the trueness of the stealth entirely or only make it true for the first few seconds and nerf/remove the movement speed from her W and passive because why tf does a champ with that much gap closers getting ms buffs on top of it. Then buff her in other ways and i think she'll be much more reasonable. I hated old akali with a passion and while the new one is even worse, it has the potential to not be.
I agree about the turret sight thing. Having an ability that supersedes true sight is like having an ability that reduces true damage. It's bad from a consistency standpoint, and it further weakens an already-weak game element (i.e. turrets).
: I don't understand why akali needs that level of nerf, literally just remove her true stealth and people will not pick her in high elo and in lcs, why just take her main damage source, and make her actually garbage, riot destroyed a new fun champ that a lot of people loved and hated, but that's actually unique and enjoyable, yet unfair champs like kennen get to exist as well as zoe!
I don't think they need to remove her stealth, but they should trim it down in two important ways. First, remove its ability to cloak within tower sight range. Having that mechanic is like having someone capable of reducing true damage by a percentage; it breaks a good and long-standing game rule. Second, increase the duration that she is revealed for when she attacks from her shroud. Even some champions who build some attack speed can't target her with her basic attacks, even though she can hit them once a second or so.
MrWasjig (EUW)
: But that's just how Riot operates. They never admit fuck ups
You said that under the patch notes where they reverted Zac's ultimate due to player feedback. Take your cynicism elsewhere, please.
: Patch 9.11 notes
Either you guys wrote this backwards, or the bug didn't actually get fixed: "Guardian's tooltip now properly indicates an ability power ratio of 0.25% instead of 0.25 or 25%". Currently, it's displaying as 25%. This seems right, because .25% is incredibly small.
: this as a super tank main having to play against a kaisa jax or vayne with rage blade every game has been seriously crampin my style.
Yep. I was just in a game yesterday as Cho'Gath against a Vayne who did more true damage than physical damage. I couldn't even make any of my damage stick to her, even though I had Thornmail, because she had two lifesteal items. It was dumb.
: We're talking about tanks in top lane and jungle. In jungle you have the options of... Nunu, Amumu, Rammus, Sej, and Zac. That's it. That's the whole jungle pool. Luckily most of these champions can boast above a 50% winrate if you put in the time. Unfortunately, Nunu takes a ton of time to learn, and Amumu and Rammus are only being played to fill the role for people who don't normally play tank in jungle. But my problem is, that this pool wasn't always this small. You had J4, Gragas, Naut, Maokai, Malphite, Mundo, even Shen and Cho to some degree. Now, those champs have transitioned into fighter roles, or Riot nerfs what makes them a good tank (J4's shield for example). The champ pool has been dropping over the years, and the amount of viable tanks is being pushed to support. I like playing jungle, and I don't want to move to support just because Riot doesn't want any tanks in the jungle. And I'm sure the same is true for top laners.
Cho is actually a sleeper OP in the jungle, IMO, especially with the scuttle crab spawn time moved back.
metamilo (NA)
: Dear Riot, {{sticker:sg-janna}} Sincerely, Twisted Treeline
What's wrong with Twisted Treeline? I've been playing it a lot lately, and it's pretty fun. There are definitely some champions who are fine on SR but overpowered or underpowered on TT (with Kayne being the biggest offender that I can think of), but there's a reasonable amount of diversity.
MarceIo (NA)
: TBH I think that Hunters Potion should have been an auto upgrade from refillable pot after you cleared a certain amount of camps. Sort of like Tear's upgrade. F for our fallen item.
This feels satisfying, but I'm a little concerned that a buff to Refillable Potion would crowd out other secondary jungle items.
gðose (NA)
: Well hes telling the truth
...and that waiter's about to drop a tray. *crash*
: really disappointed we didn't actually get new lore going, to be honest, feel like many champions are forgotten in more senses than one and I was hoping this would help wake interest in them while also showing more of them.
Which ones, specifically? With only one exception (Malphite), I think that all of the champions who were put in limbo after the Great Retcon (e.g. Nocturne, Kayle, Taric) have been given updated biographies.
: I hope you guys would bring back the race tab cause the vastaya and the darkin tabs are hard to locate for new comers.Lastly, i know that there are the boards for discussions but what if you place a comment section at the bottom of each stories so that we could discuss there without going into the boards and so that it wont be buried unlike the boards. Thanks!
I like the idea of having a quick way of getting information about different races/species/creatures. I really don't like the idea of a comments section on Universe, though.
: Ask a Heimerdinger Main (feat. Heisendong & lolGunSlinger)
I know you like to set up ambushes from brush, but that can backfire badly if the enemy has vision of it. To ensure they don't, do you typically take the Oracle upgrade, buy lots of control wards, or only set up your turrets there if you just saw your support or jungler clear the area?
Show more

mvmlego

Level 170 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion