: Are there any plans to revisit Karma's gameplay update at some point?
> [{quoted}](name=IxtaliKing,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Inh8Ut1d,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-30T14:37:00.934+0000) > > Are there any plans to revisit Karma's gameplay update at some point? Please. I knew from the get go her rework was gonna be a shitshow she went from someone with unique thematic gameplay to the world's most generic mage, and this whole top lane karma thing (YEARS LATER BTW) has only reinforced that. I have no idea how LeBlanc and Kog'Maw got reverts but not Karma, my fucking god
EU Ezreal (EUW)
: Her W is used to apply her passive so that your basic attacks are then empowered (based on AD, crit chance and IE) I get that in lane it's used for poke, and you can get frostfang stacks with it if that's what you're trying to do, but the purpose of her W loses some of it's identity if you give it an AP ratio Plus it doesn't fit her theme, her W is a very physical thing, a Volley of arrows Enchanted Crystal Arrow will always be magical, magical=AP ratio I wrote an AP Ashe (bot lane) guide a long time ago, back before runes reforged, Liandry's had Pen, Wits End had Pen, Guinsoos was totally different but The guide is here: https://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-only-ap-ashe-build-513453 She's not a very useful support, has no CC until 6, and when you hit 6, your ult is very underwhelming in lane. Maybe it can create a successful gank, but often enemy support ultimates will provide far more than your ultimate at that time {{item:3146}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3115}} {{item:3091}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3085}} I'd probably aim to get that^ as AP Ashe now, with fleet footwork probably
> [{quoted}](name=BigBrainSuppMain,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fdYMnpks,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-08T06:54:55.022+0000) > > Her W is used to apply her passive so that your basic attacks are then empowered (based on AD, crit chance and IE) > > I get that in lane it's used for poke, and you can get frostfang stacks with it if that's what you're trying to do, but the purpose of her W loses some of it's identity if you give it an AP ratio > > Plus it doesn't fit her theme, her W is a very physical thing, a Volley of arrows > > Enchanted Crystal Arrow will always be magical, magical=AP ratio > > I wrote an AP Ashe (bot lane) guide a long time ago, back before runes reforged, Liandry's had Pen, Wits End had Pen, Guinsoos was totally different but > > The guide is here: https://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-only-ap-ashe-build-513453 > > She's not a very useful support, has no CC until 6, and when you hit 6, your ult is very underwhelming in lane. Maybe it can create a successful gank, but often enemy support ultimates will provide far more than your ultimate at that time > > {{item:3146}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3115}} {{item:3091}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3085}} > > I'd probably aim to get that^ as AP Ashe now, with fleet footwork probably I don't think the naming scheme, or even the thematic of the ability, dictates what ratios the abilities receive -- see Tryndamere's Spinning Slash, which is definitively not magical or elemental, having a 100% AP ratio. I also don't think it's incredibly honest to pretend that Ashe's Volley is entirely physical, since she fires ice arrows produced by Avarosa's bow, and her ultimate is just a larger version of that. It definitely doesn't rob the ability of it's "identity" which I think is a bit of a cop-out, plenty of physical abilities or non-magical abilities have AP ratios without it being considered strange. Malphite just had an AP ratio added to his W and that ain't ruinin' what Malphite is. I'm personally envisioning this change for Ardent support Ashe more than bot-lane-APC-but-autoattacking-anyway-Ashe, and secondarily a flat AP Mid Ashe -- but I'd love to give your build a try too if the opportunity ever arises. All-in-all though, I don't think there's a good reason her W doesn't have an AP ratio. Hoping a champ designer can tell me to see if there's something I've overlooked.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Haziv (EUW)
: What new skin would you like for Taric?
A knight skin with a helmet, like Marauder or Warden or something?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 15
Can we just revert the Karma rework, dude? When Scarizard and crew made it they cited the missing % health heal and the free stats as the reasons for reworking her -- since then, both have been put on an absurd amount of champions, and Scarizard doesn't even work at Riot anymore. This rework is not Karma and will never be Karma. It's generic mage garbage.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 13
Can you explain a bit in detail why every single time Ezreal manages to scrape his way onto the competitive scene talk of nerfs starts flying around? I get that he's safe and that it can be less fun to watch safe champions play, but power budget wise a champion with 4 skillshots and a passive that relies on landing said skillshots should always be on the stronger end, yeah? Otherwise why wouldn't people just pick something safer. Champion design 101. He's allowed to be more powerful because everything he does is a skillshot, and at the highest level of skill, that makes him a strong pick. There's literally nothing wrong with this -- and yet regardless of his winrate, if he gets picked in competitive play, I read a S@20 post about how he's going to be nerfed this time. I'm not saying that seeing him every single time is desirable, but that isn't what's happening -- and logically, if he's not a champion that has a decent pickrate at the highest level of skill, chances are a massively skill-oriented champion he's going to get progressively worse as you climb down that ladder. I realize that his two biggest strengths -- flash on a base and a fairly large poke range -- means that while he's skill-oriented he's also fairly safe, but again, those are just things that are really really good in pro play and if he's not being picked that's more of an issue than if he is. Is there some obscene statistic you guys are watching in-house that indicates the need for this or what? I'm more than a little skeptical.
Meddler (NA)
: Sterak's change doesn't seem to have affected them much at all, somewhat surprisingly. Yorick's noticeably stronger, given we also buffed him in the same patch. That means we'll be going with larger nerfs than we'd previously been thinking for Irelia (had been counting on Sterak's/Triforce combo loss to carry some of the power removal). Not sure about balance changes for any of the others yet, nothing currently in testing at least.
Is Irelia getting her Q quotes back?
: Janna Hotfix Context
The tailwind passive damage nerf is just too much. You want Janna to play aggressive, but you've lowered her base health, base mana, and damage -- then increased her mana costs. Come on, now. I'd love for Janna to be more than a shield'n peel drivethru, but you can't say one thing and then do the exact opposite. As it stands, she won't be drafted over Lulu.
: Janna Hotfix Context
Nerf ancient coin instead of hitting Janna's MS, dude. Come on.
JMoormann (EUW)
: Why does that "feel really in-tune with the character" though? I can't really find something in Ashe's character that has something to do with healing/supporting
> [{quoted}](name=JMoormann,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=JELGkanE,comment-id=0010000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2017-08-27T16:27:14.835+0000) > > Why does that "feel really in-tune with the character" though? I can't really find something in Ashe's character that has something to do with healing/supporting I meant more the gameplay thematic of suppressing fire and utility that's present in her kit, especially when played as support. I didn't really pick that up till I played her with a support budget, and obviously, that could be just something that's opinionated. I'd love for you to give it a few games and see if you agree. The thematic of healing is definitely not in Ashe's kit. Focusing people down and laying slows across entire teams is though. Bond and Ardent make that feel absolutely fantastic.
Meddler (NA)
: Yep, likely just a bit of power for now and some mechanics changes next year. I think looking at some of her prior mechanics to see if any of them could be made to work well on her is worth a try. Wouldn't want to make any promises as to what we'd re-add, or even if we'd find we were able to re-add anything, but would definitely look into it. Which particular mechanics would you folks be most interested in seeing us at least experiment with?
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=2wjE4Iqs,comment-id=000c0002,timestamp=2017-09-22T17:21:44.186+0000) > > Yep, likely just a bit of power for now and some mechanics changes next year. > > I think looking at some of her prior mechanics to see if any of them could be made to work well on her is worth a try. Wouldn't want to make any promises as to what we'd re-add, or even if we'd find we were able to re-add anything, but would definitely look into it. Which particular mechanics would you folks be most interested in seeing us at least experiment with? Thank christ you're brave enough to ask this question. I don't think she's Karma without her old passive. Playing around being low on health was an awesome feeling. I also think that her old W has to make a comeback -- it was a complicated spell at the time, but I think that tag-teaming with your frontline to deal damage felt iconically "mage support". I really, really miss her bait and switch with explode-y shield and missing % health heal that doubled as a nuke, but at that point I'm basically just wishing we'd have old karma back with new visuals. (Which, to clarify, that's absolutely what I want -- but I guess for publicity reasons Riot can't 100% backtrack on a rework this old). So if I had to really, and I mean *really* shorten it down to the bare minimum here, give us back her old W and passive. Her CDR passive can be tacked onto her ult or something. I was the creator of [this thread](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3227053) if that gives any context here.
Meddler (NA)
: We're seeing a bit of that happen, normally with Stoneborn Pact and champs who can apply CC really reliably. Support Trundle using Pillar a lot's the clearest example of that.
And that's a mess, but I really like that stuff like Ashe support has some new toys that feel really in-tune with the character without making it cheesy or broken. Slamming a team with W and seeing all the stoneborn debuffs pop off and all the ardent censer procs on your own team feels awesome.
: I don't suppose Karma getting something resembling her old kit back is remotely in the cards? Even if you don't give her her fan Q back, the shield explosion and the bond that did damage as it crossed enemies could reasonably still fit. I felt that the original Karma had the highest skillcap of any support and I think old Karma's niche is still pretty empty (other than Bard - who requires a completely different skillset). The biggest complaints about her old kit are gone now - too complicated (new champs moreso), too ally-reliant (Kalista as much or more), too heavy burden of knowledge (it's really not that bad). I know you've said in the past that the old Karma is gone for good, but I'm still hopeful that's not true.
> [{quoted}](name=Spitemaster,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=JELGkanE,comment-id=002600010004,timestamp=2017-08-25T21:47:04.524+0000) > > I don't suppose Karma getting something resembling her old kit back is remotely in the cards? Even if you don't give her her fan Q back, the shield explosion and the bond that did damage as it crossed enemies could reasonably still fit. I felt that the original Karma had the highest skillcap of any support and I think old Karma's niche is still pretty empty (other than Bard - who requires a completely different skillset). The biggest complaints about her old kit are gone now - too complicated (new champs moreso), too ally-reliant (Kalista as much or more), too heavy burden of knowledge (it's really not that bad). > > I know you've said in the past that the old Karma is gone for good, but I'm still hopeful that's not true. I really hope she does. I am so glad there are other people out there who want this, I feel like I've been alone posting it. Karma needs a revert worse than Kog'maw did. I really don't think she needed an update at all.
GreenLore (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Moonli9ht,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rMQM70fk,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-30T20:22:47.137+0000) > > You literally ignored the entire post. > > She got reworked because of her passive. They said as much. They also said they reworked her because of her missing% health heal and how they didn't like it, but they added it right back on later (and onto many other characters as well), so take that as you will. > > If free stats were why she got reworked, why were Trynd and Olaf (who were reworked around the same time) allowed to keep theirs when they work the exact same way? Their name isn't Karma. Hitting them only to get hit back harder doesn't make sense. But hers got removed, theirs didn't. > > W H A T > > Yasuo gets double crit, Tahm Kench has Max % hp damage every auto based on his own health, Kindred's rework has increased auto attack range (and a whole bunch of other invisible garbage) based on how many jungle camps/players she's "hunted", Azir gets passive attack speed, Jhin's attack speed turns into AD, Jhin's crit turns into MS, Garen's rework has passive Armor/MR, and these are just some examples right off the top of my head. This is also avoiding things that are "invisible" and require extensive knowledge of the champion, like Ekko's execution damage or Xayah+Rakan interactions. Get the hell outta here with that "there is barely any invisible power among the champs" garbage. NONE of these have visual indicators either, even Kindred's buff only says "haha its giving her stats, idk really xD". > Getting bonus stats depending on what you build/which abilities you level isn't really invisible power,at least not in a problematic way. These champs buy their items and get power from them,thats how items work. Sure they get more than other champs,but thats about it. However their power would stay constant during a fight,which wasn't the case with Karma. Karmas power varied heavily depending on how low her health was,meaning that in one moment she does scratch damage to you,in the next one she nukes you(and in her case it was waaay more extreme than Trynda and Olafs,not to mention that it was kinda counterproductive for Karma as she is a mage and those should try to stay out of harms way unlike Trynda and Olaf who are supposed to charge into the enemy team) And since Karmas entire kit could be used for offense and defense it pretty much meant that old karmas skills all had to be below average for the most part(the passive was likely riots attempt to avoid this,but that turned into a different mess). There was a reason for Riot to basically nerf old karma into oblivion and ignore her when it comes to new skins(and I think she wasn't even in the free champion rotation anymore). She was basically in the same boat in which Urgot and Yorick were for years.
> Getting bonus stats depending on what you build/which abilities you level isn't really invisible power,at least not in a problematic way. Backpedal number one: You've gone from saying "champions don't really have invisible stats anymore" to "well these invisible stats are okay because _________". You also ignored two of my points in this one sentence: One, that Tryndamere and Olaf both have invisible stats in the same exact way that old Karma did, and two, not all of those invisible stats were granted by build or ability rank. Most of them weren't, in-fact. > and in her case it was waaay more extreme than Trynda and Olafs It was 130 AP at level 18 if she had 1% health. Compare it to Olaf's literally double attack speed at 1% health at any level, or Tryndamere's 60 free AD at level 9 for being at 1% (which he's actually guaranteed to be at). You could amp it up with Rabadons to be a pretty nice boost, but it's still not nearly the advantage the other two garner, especially keeping their kits in mind. But I know you'll pretend that it was, so for the sake of the conversation, let's say they could've just nerfed it or made it incompatible with Rabadons. Problem solved. Instead, wham, Karma is literally deleted from the game. > And since Karmas entire kit could be used for offense and defense it pretty much meant that old karmas skills all had to be below average for the most part You did not play old Karma if you sincerely think that. Each ability was tuned so that it could be viable for both offensive and defensive use, had smartest possible instances and timings to use in each, and rewarded good Karma players on the level of a good Zed, Riven, or Yasuo play. On a mage. > There was a reason for Riot to basically nerf old karma into oblivion and ignore her when it comes to new skins(and I think she wasn't even in the free champion rotation anymore). She was basically in the same boat in which Urgot and Yorick were for years. And there it is, the proof that you're lying through your teeth. She never received a single nerf her entire existence pre-rework. The closest they came to "nerfing" her came in the following adjustment: > Mantra Charge reload time changed to a 30 / 25 / 20 seconds from 25 at all levels. She was never dirtnerfed. Her winrate was generally low, but with a team that could play around her she was amazing and a one-of-a-kind champion. Now, the most unique part of her kit is a delayed root. Wowee. Here's to hoping they bomb the Swain rework so that she can be revisited, since we've come full circle in this conversation.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Her kit being a mess was the entire reason behind her rework. And yes,sometimes a kit is so flawed from the very ground that you can't balance it properly. Thats the entire reason why Urgot was so underpowered for years.Because riot didn't want Urgot to be viable,since he ends up opressive when he is viable. Karma relied on her teammates working with her and on extremely risky plays,meaning that she was a rather extreme case of feast and famine,while her power was fairly hard to judge for her enemies.(and no,nowadays there is barely any invisible power among the champs,thats why stat auras are pretty much extinct at the moment and why everything gets a visual indicator) And I don't pretend that Karmas rework is fine today. She does need some work and I think she should be the next big gameplay update after Aatrox. I just don't want other reworks to suffer because of this.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rMQM70fk,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-25T20:27:39.977+0000) > > Her kit being a mess was the entire reason behind her rework. > > And yes,sometimes a kit is so flawed from the very ground that you can't balance it properly. > Thats the entire reason why Urgot was so underpowered for years.Because riot didn't want Urgot to be viable,since he ends up opressive when he is viable. > > Karma relied on her teammates working with her and on extremely risky plays,meaning that she was a rather extreme case of feast and famine,while her power was fairly hard to judge for her enemies.(and no,nowadays there is barely any invisible power among the champs,thats why stat auras are pretty much extinct at the moment and why everything gets a visual indicator) > > > And I don't pretend that Karmas rework is fine today. > She does need some work and I think she should be the next big gameplay update after Aatrox. > > I just don't want other reworks to suffer because of this. You literally ignored the entire post. She got reworked because of her passive. They said as much. They also said they reworked her because of her missing% health heal and how they didn't like it, but they added it right back on later (and onto many other characters as well), so take that as you will. If free stats were why she got reworked, why were Trynd and Olaf (who were reworked around the same time) allowed to keep theirs when they work the exact same way? Their name isn't Karma. Hitting them only to get hit back harder doesn't make sense. But hers got removed, theirs didn't. > and no,nowadays there is barely any invisible power among the champs W H A T Yasuo gets double crit, Tahm Kench has Max % hp damage every auto based on his own health, Kindred's rework has increased auto attack range (and a whole bunch of other invisible garbage) based on how many jungle camps/players she's "hunted", Azir gets passive attack speed, Jhin's attack speed turns into AD, Jhin's crit turns into MS, Garen's rework has passive Armor/MR, and these are just some examples right off the top of my head. This is also avoiding things that are "invisible" and require extensive knowledge of the champion, like Ekko's execution damage or Xayah+Rakan interactions. Get the hell outta here with that "there is barely any invisible power among the champs" garbage. NONE of these have visual indicators either, even Kindred's buff only says "haha its giving her stats, idk really xD". She didn't need a rework. She needed (and still needs) a revert. Using her as practice for actual reworks is garbage. But no one cares, because no one plays her outside of comp play where she's the world's most generic and boring mage and the casters can openly talk about how horribly generic and boring she is.
GreenLore (EUW)
: She might be boring to play/watch,but that doesn't mean her kit isn't working well. Her previous kit might have been not as boring,but it suffered from several others problems,that made it a nightmare to balance. Current karma is boring,but stable. If anything you should wish that the Aatrox Gameplay update will be a success and that karma will get the next big upgrade after him(xin and Azir get smaller ones). And honestly,wishing other reworks to fail,just because you didn't get what you wanted is rather petty.
A kit not working well has never _**once**_ been the reason for a rework/update. You can make literally any kit work with the numbers to back it up. Kits get reworked because they're tough to balance without breaking the game. In example, if Aatrox was top tier, he'd be an unkillable drain tank with two lives and free stats all over the place. Instead, because he's got so much tacked on, he has to be left as garbage or else the game would be miserable to play. > Her previous kit might have been not as boring,but it suffered from several others problems,that made it a nightmare to balance. You are free to elaborate, because all I can think is that you literally don't remember her kit and are dropping the chatty riot oneliner in an attempt to save face. [I was the OP of this post ](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3227053) as the rework was coming out, and did my best to stay positive about it. Their #1 reason for reworking Karma was that her passive was hard to understand/gave invisible stats, yet over a dozen characters at the time and God knows how many now have that and worse. They reworked Karma because she was underplayed. It's as simple as that. I don't blame them, it was one of their first reworks, no one knew what they were getting into. I do, however, blame them for failing to listen to threads of pages and pages of constructive community feedback about not just why Karma's rework was awful, but how it could be fixed while keeping a blue print of most of the same stuff. Wishing ill upon future reworks and pretending like Karma's rework is fine today or even fine when it came out is no different at all. Only, one actually has a chance of getting results that will improve the game as a whole in the future.
Ququroon (NA)
: Adding Skin Portraits to all skins
Arakadia (NA)
: | How Jax can be "The Master at Arms" and still keep his infamous lamp post for his VGU |
I definitely prefer the slim, torch using Jax in the cinematic over the fat stocky lamp swinging Jax we have in-game and in splash-arts. From my point of view (not a Jax main, though I do like how he can build Hybridish), I hope they get rid of most of his kit but keep the way he's technically a hybrid melee still in the game. His Q and W just are not spells a modern champion should have, and his E is extremely one dimensional -- his R, like you said about him in general, is just a stat check. I'd double down on the hybrid stuff and make a functioning kit for it. I think the morphing weapons through flame is a cool idea, though I'm not overly attached to the master at arms theme he has. I do think, if it's something that Riot values, the way you're imagining it in his VU here is the proper way to do it. Edit: Can you source the Jax VGU? I know it has to be coming eventually because he's hideous, but I really want to see it from a Rioter.
: Yes, you can only hope. Because it's literally never going to happen. Also, most people don't even remember old Karma at this point. Time to let it go.
People who played remember, and they remember a more unique and thematic Karma than "q to aoe nuke, e to shield".
GreenLore (EUW)
: Swain gets a full VGU. That is something comparable to Galios update or Urgots. They won't flush down something that is comparable to a new champion in terms of work. And Karma was the first VGU,thats why it wasn't that good.
Then it should be reverted if it was decidedly not good. Phreak is literally casually chatting about how miserably boring Karma is to play and watch. He's right. If a Riot employee can openly shit on her like that, clearly something needs to be done.
: as SWAIN is one of my favorites, my fears for his rework
Everytime one of these "rework my hero my way" gets posted, I can't help but bitterly laugh. Go back and look at how things like the Karma VGU were handled. I hope for the sake of the community and game health as a whole that they ruin Swain so bad they have to revert, like Kog'maw, so there's a precedent for just plain reverting a champion. Can only hope that one day we'll have Karma/LeBlanc back.
: Mid Year Mage Updates - Annie Direction
Are we going to be getting an older Annie skin now that Morello isn't working on League of Legends as much (if at all) anymore?
: They were never recorded. Too meta. I think one was (mocking her voice) "I like punching people!" (then back in his own voice) "You don't have any design do you? meh. If they had been great they would have made the cut.
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WUwqmxEZ,comment-id=004b000000010000,timestamp=2016-02-02T20:28:53.228+0000) > > They were never recorded. Too meta. > > I think one was (mocking her voice) "I like punching people!" (then back in his own voice) "You don't have any design do you? > > meh. > If they had been great they would have made the cut. I mean, even if they were awful, people would still love to hear them just because the voiceacting is incredible and you can never have enough Quinton Flynn. People could add them back in themselves if they wanted, they wouldn't have to be a part of his actual VO in-game :P
: Jhin isn't really interested in people. To him your are either useful for his next performance-- or not.
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WUwqmxEZ,comment-id=002a0000,timestamp=2016-02-02T19:41:22.934+0000) > > Jhin isn't really interested in people. To him your are either useful for his next performance-- or not. There's truly no one that he's infatuated with or "cares" about? (Not specifically in a good or bad way) For example, he seems to care about the Zed/Shen/Kusho triumvirate quite a bit, more than other people -- but that could just be because they were sort of "the ones that got away". Sona interests him as a high profile artist herself -- that sort of thing. It does seem like a lot of his rivalries stem from a very two-dimensional or "plain", surface deep offense. There's no one that breaches that first layer of interest for Jhin?
: > [{quoted}](name=Chromatic Eagle,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WUwqmxEZ,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2016-02-02T18:55:06.988+0000) > > Zed I can understand, but why chase the other 3 targets? > > So Jhin appears to still kill both civilians and whoever he's told or paid to kill. Why won't anyone, especially the people who freed him, reign him in? > > Will we ever know why he became a killer? As in, what was the moment that set him on his path? > > So he was never tortured in prison? Did the government give him prosthetic limbs or did he do that himself? > > He has a lot of lines for Zed, and doesn't like Shen's father, but what are his views on Shen? > > Now that he's freed, what do Zed and Shen think about Jhin? Any chance on a confrontation? > > Where did he get his equipment, most notably his gun? > > Before he was caught, how did he kill his victims? Has he always have his gun? > > How old is Jhin? 1. Answered previously. The promo stuff shows people he imagines killing. Not 1 to 1 with lore. The team wanted more visual diversity. 2. He is an instrument of terror. He is actually doing what they want him too. 3. Personally I have a very clear idea of how that came about and intend to **hint** at it.... but ultimately giving the audience a simple answer isn't my style and would be inappropriate for this sort of character. Part of the power and fear a psychopath generates in fiction is we don't understand them. 4. Ionian prisons are very humane. 5. ?huh? He has a bunch of lines for Shen too. 6. That's in his bio. Kashuri armory, southern Ionia. (And will be touched on in his color text (i.e. short story) 7. He has a vo line about this. Blades. 8. About 4 years older than Zed.
> [{quoted}](name=WAAARGHbobo,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WUwqmxEZ,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2016-02-02T19:17:47.229+0000) > > 1. Answered previously. The promo stuff shows people he imagines killing. Not 1 to 1 with lore. The team wanted more visual diversity. > > 2. He is an instrument of terror. He is actually doing what they want him too. > > 3. Personally I have a very clear idea of how that came about and intend to **hint** at it.... but ultimately giving the audience a simple answer isn't my style and would be inappropriate for this sort of character. Part of the power and fear a psychopath generates in fiction is we don't understand them. > > 4. Ionian prisons are very humane. > > 5. ?huh? He has a bunch of lines for Shen too. > > 6. That's in his bio. Kashuri armory, southern Ionia. (And will be touched on in his color text (i.e. short story) > > 7. He has a vo line about this. Blades. > > 8. About 4 years older than Zed. Can you guys quote who you're answering so we have context on answers?
: New Champion Q&A: Jhin, the Virtuoso [COMPLETED]
I have to know who the voice actor is. His voice acting is absolutely wonderful, and it screams Quinton Flynn to me most of the time, but other people say Troy Baker or a few other select voice actors, and I'm dying of curiousity.
: > Do you regret making Ryze even more of a straight mana-building spambot? There are several things about Ryze I wish I could redo or go back and fix, but making him a mana-building spambot was intended. > Can you give any insight as to how different new Taric is? Visually and in gameplay, he is truly, truly different. I think he will be less changed than Sion overall, but more than Poppy. His gameplay is still very battle healer, just very different. > Opinion on the current state of Kog and Quinn? * Kog - Honestly, there are a bunch of people here that are really scared of what the game looks like if Kog'Maw is really strong, and I just don't see eye-to-eye with them. There is a hunch that he will be broken in an organized team comp, and it may turn out to be true in pro play, but I really don't feel like it's fair to Kog'Maw players that we've been so conservative in his balance. I really do think he offers a unique and fun experience to players, but I can totally understand people that says he's not worth putting the effort into playing at the moment. * Quinn - I'm pretty happy with how things turned out with Quinn, though I still feel really bad for all the players that no longer enjoy playing her. I know there are a lot of players out there playing her and enjoying her at the moment, but it still sucks to know that the update ruined her for some people. Quinn was a big learning experience for me in how I approach the Group Update changes in the early stages, and I hope that change in mindset makes my upcoming mages less polarizing for their current players. > Would you be willing to share information on the "minor changes" to Vel'koz in the immobile mage update? No specifics on the champions in the Mage Update, sorry. > Who/what do you feel is the most unhealthy for the game right now? For a singular champion, I think it's almost embarrassing that Rengar exists in his current form, and we tend to act like it's not an issue. As for the single thing I think is most unhealthy for the game, I'd say its incredible barrier to entry.
> [{quoted}](name=RiotRepertoir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ll6gkAek,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2016-01-08T04:56:47.708+0000) > > There are several things about Ryze I wish I could redo or go back and fix, but making him a mana-building spambot was intended. > > Visually and in gameplay, he is truly, truly different. I think he will be less changed than Sion overall, but more than Poppy. His gameplay is still very battle healer, just very different. > > * Kog - Honestly, there are a bunch of people here that are really scared of what the game looks like if Kog'Maw is really strong, and I just don't see eye-to-eye with them. There is a hunch that he will be broken in an organized team comp, and it may turn out to be true in pro play, but I really don't feel like it's fair to Kog'Maw players that we've been so conservative in his balance. I really do think he offers a unique and fun experience to players, but I can totally understand people that says he's not worth putting the effort into playing at the moment. > * Quinn - I'm pretty happy with how things turned out with Quinn, though I still feel really bad for all the players that no longer enjoy playing her. I know there are a lot of players out there playing her and enjoying her at the moment, but it still sucks to know that the update ruined her for some people. Quinn was a big learning experience for me in how I approach the Group Update changes in the early stages, and I hope that change in mindset makes my upcoming mages less polarizing for their current players. > > No specifics on the champions in the Mage Update, sorry. > > For a singular champion, I think it's almost embarrassing that Rengar exists in his current form, and we tend to act like it's not an issue. As for the single thing I think is most unhealthy for the game, I'd say its incredible barrier to entry. Is he going to be a walking middle aged gay meme, like the western community made him? And the japanese VO reinforced? I don't mind the homosexuality, I mind the obscene way it's portrayed. Definitely defines "embarrassing". I have a feeling that no matter how many times I voice this concern though, he's going to come out offensive for the sake of the community's entertainment.
: Is there any conflict with Kindred and {{champion:14}} ???
> [{quoted}](name=BlackSheeet,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=H8socwE1,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-09-29T18:09:58.118+0000) > > Is there any conflict with Kindred and {{champion:14}} ??? This is a good question.
: Upcoming Upgrades to Chat Restrictions
This "peoples feelings get hurt over video games" crap has to have a line drawn somewhere. Permanently bannable for trashtalking? I don't agree with it. Save that for the actual problem children -- feeders, trolls, griefers, etc. This is just another step in the wrong direction.
Sooko (EUW)
: How about a buff during the W's cooldown that reads: "Everything is K"?
: So what do you guys wanna do with Taric? PART II. Pics or it didn't happen!
I think the more I see you discuss Taric with the community the further he gets away from his identity. Taric is a Gem Knight. Taric is a badass. Taric was more accurately portrayed in the chinese art splash, as they had hired actual artists to draw him whereas NA Riot didn't seem to pick up on that till more or less Shyvana. He's not this flaming gay metrosexual the community wants him to be, and even if he was, it'd be an aspect of his personality, not anything that defined his character. We had a conversation about this a year or two ago when you were talking about Warwick only needing a texture update, and I told you to be weary of what the community was going to say; it's all going to be memes and jokes and "HE'S SO GAY XDDDD" until the character is NOTHING like what he was supposed to be. And here we are, where the most upvoted post is an open chest man named fucking Fabio.
Phreak (NA)
: Your replies tell me you don't want to have a discussion about Diana. You're hell-bent on saying, "No, Diana's shit and Orianna's broken." You're cherry-picking individual weaknesses and strengths and ignoring counter-examples. I tell you the cooldown on Diana R-E is lower than Orianna's Q-R (which is factually true) and you immediately reply with "no it isn't." That's not helpful to anyone. So I'm going to stop talking about Diana's merits, but I'll talk about your other design questions. As far as direction on champions goes: It's something we improve on over time. Some champions have too many roles. Some don't have one. Kassadin, for example, is the epitome of mobility. The rework, and all the subsequent nerfs/buffs, have only helped him move around really quickly and swiftly. He pays a price for that, for sure (High mana costs, among the lowest base damages in the game). I don't think we'll ever go back and say, "You know what, forget Riftwalk. Kassadin is something else. He's an immobile tank now!" For Diana, we're pretty confident her theme works really well as in-your-face moon knight. We may learn more later, but one thing I think we do very well right now is dedicate ourselves to identifying a specific reason this champion is cool and push on it. As for defined strengths and weaknesses, let me elaborate: Lissandra's passive and base stats say, "Defined strength: If you show temperance with your spellcasts and land your skillshots, you literally cannot run out of mana. Weakness: However, if you spam haphazardly, constantly looking for poke and missing you will run out of mana very rapidly and it won't come back." And this is differentiation as well from someone like Ziggs, who doesn't have these types of rules. We see it work, too. We've seen Lissandra rush Deathfire Grasp or Zhonya's Hourglass, while Ziggs always starts Chalice or Tear. Diana's passive pattern isn't specifically "Create a defined kiss/curse." Not every ability or change is, "This is the epitome of Clarity, the shining example" or "This is the epitome of showcasing massive strengths and weaknesses." Sometimes it's just "Gameplay." There's lots of things to consider with any given design. In this case, Diana's passive is Gameplay choice: Diana has relevant auto-attacks. Extremely relevant ones, since the passive damage is quite high. She doesn't need to be the "I am the fastest auto-attacker" champion. I don't think that will ever be her role. We have champions like Master Yi and Tristana who fit that role better, IMO. Diana's more methodical. So I don't think she needs really high AS per level. She doesn't need a crazy high Base AS either. She has a ton of level 1 bonus AS because she is designed to have relevant autos all game, regardless of whether or not you itemize for them. That's the strength. That's the gameplay. Not "I am the auto-attack queen." And you can dodge Syndra Q-E.
Any chances we'll see a moon-knight Diana skin, in terms of just recreational content for Diana? Would be cool to see her a little more heavily armored, or without the massive forehead/oddly shaped hair. Not that you'd be the guy to ask, but not many reds like to talk about Diana it seems. In terms of gameplay, I'd like to see power shifted away from her Q, as right now the only thing stopping me from playing her 24/7 is this whole feeling she has of "miss your Q? Stand there and do nothing until it's back up", which isn't necessarily true in the least -- just the feeling she gives off, at least to me. I think W proccing a single moonlight could be neat (as long as it didn't stack with her Q moonlight for a triple ult...somehow...this is why I'm not a designer yet) but it'd make her hard to deal with for melee opponents. Or maybe if her moonlight wasn't ALL absorbed from one ult? Like she could go from target to target? That'd make for some cool gameplay. Really, I wish there was a place we could just chat with Rioters about champions and how they feel internally about them/if they're being looked at and what Riot wants to change about them. Seems like no one gets discussion until it's too late, sometimes.
: This looks really cool. Interested to see people's reactions considering this is a bit more of a serious take. Is that ok? I tend to fall in line with people who want Taric to still remain beautiful, heroic and a signature paladin. As always, I'm interested in your thoughts.
Beautiful and homosexual are both okay. Just would prefer the asian's Taric splash art idea instead of NA's. I don't want him to sound and look like he's in his 40's and being flamboyantly gay is one of his core hobbies. It's basically too late for that since the last big voice actor change was Karma's and her voice stereotype only got worse when they remade her, but if any input helps and my opinion matters in the least -- make him more akin to Ezreal, and less like Garen or Darius. The Gem-knight paladin theme is awesome, it would be a shame if we got ANOTHER mid weight middle aged character for it.
: PBE 10/10/13 Corki Changes (Please Save AP Corki)
I didn't even see this change, I very much hope they don't go through with it -- AP Corki is underground, tons of fun, and well balanced.

nınth

Level 163 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion