Coopa123 (EUW)
: Damn. Perma banned on the second day after your 14 day ban ended. This must be new record or something
> [{quoted}](name=Coopa123,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WHf99fOy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-22T20:45:59.250+0000) > > Damn. Perma banned on the second day after your 14 day ban ended. This must be new record or something Naw , it's not even close to a record...Sad
: is there any actual point to placements?
3 accounts , 3 different win/loss, same skill level because it is the same person, Yes, the system is working correctly, how does anyone dispute this ?
: > [{quoted}](name=Rootlo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMyF7dEV,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-01-31T20:04:22.433+0000) > > KDA means nothing. Where did you end last season, what was your win/loss? Your mmr was Bronze last season itll still be bronze this season even if you go 10-0 Thank you for telling me what I already know. KDA does in fact mean something though, not much but it is factored as a soft stat into MMR rate gains/loss. Which is stupid I will admit but yeah. My point wasn't that kda meant something it was to illustrate that I do not belong at 900 MMR. I get placed with players that have no chance of winning and then lose, decreasing my MMR so next game I get placed with even worse players and lose decreasing my MMR, so next game I get placed with *even worse* players and lose decreasing my MMR. Do you see where this is going?
> [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMyF7dEV,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2018-01-31T20:17:01.271+0000) > > Thank you for telling me what I already know. KDA does in fact mean something though, not much but it is factored as a soft stat into MMR rate gains/loss. Which is stupid I will admit but yeah. > > My point wasn't that kda meant something it was to illustrate that I do not belong at 900 MMR. I get placed with players that have no chance of winning and then lose, decreasing my MMR so next game I get placed with even worse players and lose decreasing my MMR, so next game I get placed with *even worse* players and lose decreasing my MMR. Do you see where this is going? By Riot system you got placed exactly where you are meant to be. Learn to adjust to the level of your team, then you will learn how to win. Put blame where it is deserved, this game is and always has been adjustments. YES, no matter how hard you complain... Everyone has to do the same thing. Some posters bitch about it Most players deal with this.
: yeah man i dont think they make any difference. they have already decided where they want to put you before placements start. i dont know why they make us play them
> [{quoted}](name=EL HAMSTERO,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMyF7dEV,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-01-31T18:04:40.875+0000) > > yeah man i dont think they make any difference. they have already decided where they want to put you before placements start. i dont know why they make us play them They placed you where you were meant to be in 3 accounts. Again I ask you not Yoko, what is your main point !
YokoNomi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=nerak23,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMyF7dEV,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-01-31T17:06:58.057+0000) > > Let me be more clear and direct and less polite....its made this way for a reason, whether or not it is a good or bad system is the Q. > > He knows why IMO. Since people want to answer for others I'll say....Simple > > Get better, look I get it. But there really posters on this board are getting Very touchy about things... It's a necessary system. Unless their intent is to literally destroy ranked by leaving it untouched, or hard resetting, it's the only logical move to make. People can complain all they want, but again, logically it's the only move that can be made.
> [{quoted}](name=YokoNomi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMyF7dEV,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-31T17:09:11.227+0000) > > It's a necessary system. Unless their intent is to literally destroy ranked by leaving it untouched, or hard resetting, it's the only logical move to make. People can complain all they want, but again, logically it's the only move that can be made. Yes, then we agree.
YokoNomi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=nerak23,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMyF7dEV,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-01-31T16:48:12.414+0000) > > Strong feeling you were placed precisely where you belong. No offence intended. > > They got to place you to start the season right, what's your point. I think it's just the idea that no matter the effort you actually place, it's soft capped, dependent on both your MMR and rank of your last season. To a degree, I can understand why placements would seem discouraging, especially those that were already struggling with their ranked prior to the reset. It still matters, but not as much as some people would like. It is what it is though.
> [{quoted}](name=YokoNomi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMyF7dEV,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-01-31T16:51:03.986+0000) > > I think it's just the idea that no matter the effort you actually place, it's soft capped, dependent on both your MMR and rank of your last season. To a degree, I can understand why placements would seem discouraging, especially those that were already struggling with their ranked prior to the reset. It still matters, but not as much as some people would like. It is what it is though. Let me be more clear and direct and less polite....its made this way for a reason, whether or not it is a good or bad system is the Q. He knows why IMO. Since people want to answer for others I'll say....Simple Get better, look I get it. But there really posters on this board are getting Very touchy about things...
: is there any actual point to placements?
Strong feeling you were placed precisely where you belong. No offence intended. They got to place you to start the season right, what's your point.
: Riots behavior team
What is wrong with you, OP ? Grow the fuck up !
Kei143 (NA)
: gahhh.. don't tell people to use the support system to report. It just clogs up their system. Pre/post game chat is checked, they just need to indicate it in the notes. Using the post game system is much easier for Riot to continue tracking the offender, as they don't have to manually enter that information and then queued for review later.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=P6k7lur6,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-29T19:25:59.155+0000) > > gahhh.. don't tell people to use the support system to report. It just clogs up their system. > > > > Pre/post game chat is checked, they just need to indicate it in the notes. Using the post game system is much easier for Riot to continue tracking the offender, as they don't have to manually enter that information and then queued for review later. What are you " gahhhing " at me for ? LOL Btw, I didn't say that because I don't already know it checks it, rather I said it because there is no point to me arguing about this kind of thread. Gahhh back at ya ;) lol
: I just found it amusing that someone gets pissed enough to call me the N word without thinking of the consequences, not that he will be punished for it because instant feedback does nothing and rioters couldn't give a damn unless i make a support ticket directly for it
> [{quoted}](name=Twilight Assault,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=P6k7lur6,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-01-29T15:51:13.813+0000) > > I just found it amusing that someone gets pissed enough to call me the N word without thinking of the consequences, not that he will be punished for it because instant feedback does nothing and rioters couldn't give a damn unless i make a support ticket directly for it Yes, the thing to do IS write a support ticket. gl
Mita3003 (EUNE)
: There was one post about a month ago where the guy uses a script every time you press enter it just cancels it out and riot said that was ok. Google it maybe you will find it
> [{quoted}](name=Mita3003,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ikrPiiAY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-28T21:38:31.526+0000) > > There was one post about a month ago where the guy uses a script every time you press enter it just cancels it out and riot said that was ok. Google it maybe you will find it I didn't see that...why not be a lamb and link that thread.. Thanks for being so kind as i'm sure you want us to connect to the correct one.
: I tried that as well and it didn't work. I posted a thread in the support area of the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=HeadGiveNOW,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kyjaGO7X,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-28T21:27:37.012+0000) > > I tried that as well and it didn't work. I posted a thread in the support area of the boards. Humm, odd .. Oh you posted to support area ? Well, GL then :)
: tried it and it didnt help. is it possible to upload a screenshot on here or do i need to make a new thread?
> [{quoted}](name=HeadGiveNOW,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kyjaGO7X,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-28T20:50:44.315+0000) > > tried it and it didnt help. is it possible to upload a screenshot on here or do i need to make a new thread? Log out of client and log back in, should do the trick. Let us know if you still have a problem.
sAyCo (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=GlúteusMaxîmus11,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ikrPiiAY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-28T19:14:07.224+0000) > > I actually mute everyone in the game from time to time, when I find that I am spending more time caring about chat over winning. > Winning the game for your team can be a priority and treat it as such. > -I take it upon myself to look at mini map more often. Ping not only for myself but to help my allies be aware. > -the only expectation is how am I gonna win this game , over what might be said > -consider what is ahead, objectives , team fights, positioning after first lost tower. > -I sometimes gradually unmute on superb plays made. > -I also type in a message and don't expect a response when it's heat of the moment. Such as coaching Morgana to use her R before the Q for more consistent damage on a gank. > > For the original post, I am in control of what I message. So update your priorities. Toxic players get muted with no remorse, and they show up less often. > If a teammate gives up on a game that is at least 30% winnable I critique them on plays they could have done better. well said, i appreciate your reply ^.^ however, some player like me, is playing around 20 games a day (in my free days) i find at the very least 5 games that none sense of team-play everyday, Everyone just going around etc, and yeah it might be a win game by just luck. cuz i sometimes get 24/6/14 score, (leaving my lane first turret destroyed just because game is already ending at 10~15 minute) so with even my help, my leaving lane, my 2 turrets lane destroyed with all that we are still losing, in this case its not luck, it just when your team separate most of the times doing what they do, (but the game is ending) and enemy team is hunting them 1 by 1. Someone like me, i got almost 400 mastery score in less than 6~8 months, And im new player in the game btw. i dont have older accounts. i m able 100% to chat while play. this is really really old when i was dying because of chat, i sometimes typing lets grou.. and the enemy team is hitting me ( 5 second later ) ( lets group up ) Nothing happen, because i never felt chat is stopping me from playing its just makes me toxic more when i feel like they are wasting my time, Like i have fuked up the game did everything possible and not possible, but im still losing, in the very hard, when you lose all your hope, ( even Eminem have said it ) ( Lose yourself ) so ( lose yourself and mute yourself ) is better than being harmful to others. ;) Also i agree toxic players should be muted, But its not a clue to stop them from being toxic, they mute themselves before they being toxic and get muted, they mute themselves before they became harmful to others, Easy, hope it helps
> [{quoted}](name=x HIGH x,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ikrPiiAY,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-01-28T19:30:53.471+0000) > > well said, i appreciate your reply ^.^ > however, some player like me, is playing around 20 games a day (in my free days) > i find at the very least 5 games that none sense of team-play everyday, Everyone just going around etc, and yeah it might be a win game by just luck. > cuz i sometimes get 24/6/14 score, (leaving my lane first turret destroyed just because game is already ending at 10~15 minute) > so with even my help, my leaving lane, my 2 turrets lane destroyed with all that we are still losing, in this case its not luck, > it just when your team separate most of the times doing what they do, (but the game is ending) and enemy team is hunting them 1 by 1. > > Someone like me, i got almost 400 mastery score in less than 6~8 months, And im new player in the game btw. i dont have older accounts. > i m able 100% to chat while play. > this is really really old when i was dying because of chat, > i sometimes typing lets grou.. and the enemy team is hitting me ( 5 second later ) ( lets group up ) > Nothing happen, because i never felt chat is stopping me from playing > its just makes me toxic more when i feel like they are wasting my time, Like i have fuked up the game did everything possible and not possible, but im still losing, > in the very hard, when you lose all your hope, ( even Eminem have said it ) ( Lose yourself ) > so ( lose yourself and mute yourself ) is better than being harmful to others. ;) > > Also i agree toxic players should be muted, But its not a clue to stop them from being toxic, > they mute themselves before they being toxic and get muted, > they mute themselves before they became harmful to others, > Easy, > hope it helps Your level 110 in 6 to 8 months ? There are ways to mute yourself, but I'd say to you... Don't hit the enter key. Easy, hope this helps.
: What will a 14 day ban do to my permanent record?
OP I think the tiers are ... 10 game chat, 25 game , 14 day suspension, then perm. Also, you will suffer honor loss, You Can get your account back to good standing if you try ! If you get annoyed playing, mute but remember they can still read your chat. Be very careful about what you say for a good long time... To increase your honor quicker you have to be neutral/positive...Negative remarks for sure will slow this part down. Good Luck, I hope that made since to you. :)
Sanngriðr (EUNE)
: The punishment tier will decay after 3 months. Then you will move to a 14day again.If you get punished before that it's a permanent unless it's a leaver buster. After 6months i think it goes on a full reset to 10 chat ban. I'm sure about the 3months one cause i've gotten a bunch of those.
> [{quoted}](name=toxicity creep,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FEnamPMU,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-28T16:41:01.994+0000) > > The punishment tier will decay after 3 months. > Then you will move to a 14day again.If you get punished before that it's a permanent unless it's a leaver buster. > > After 6months i think it goes on a full reset to 10 chat ban. I'm sure about the 3months one cause i've gotten a bunch of those. Just about, but op you have to actually play games on the account. Above is true enough but its based off games played and not time. Sorry T creep just wanted to be clear.
: I have to agree with Taunka for the most part, although I think the comparison to a wife beater and calling it victim blaming is off-base. *No one* is saying that the toxic behavior that "triggered" OP is okay. OP absolutely 100% should have muted that player and reported him so that the system could do its job to punish/remove the Teemo. However, after the fact, it's no longer OP's concern. And the toxic behavior in question here isn't Teemo's. It's OP's. There is no "leaving the KYS aside for a second". That is the issue at hand. Period. And that is what we can discuss as it is laid before us. If Teemo comes to the boards to openly ask about and discuss his own punishments, then we'll have cause to discuss it. But OP decided to retaliate instead of muting and reporting... which is why OP got punished. All toxic behavior should be punished. All of it. Retaliation is equally as bad as initiation. Both contribute to negative experiences of the players around you. Both are unnecessary and easily avoided. The toxic player isn't the result of other toxic players. The *majority* of players don't respond to toxicity with more toxicity. They know how to keep their anger in check or just aren't so fucking awful that they'd voice wishes of suicide against someone. You don't say things like that unless you're toxic straight up. That's not a result. It's part of the problem. The actions of other players never excuse or give us license to stoop to their level. We are responsible for our own behavior. "He started it," is never a valid excuse.
> [{quoted}](name=Psychicgammarays,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YoBAuEw0,comment-id=00010000000000010001,timestamp=2018-01-28T14:11:43.579+0000) > > I have to agree with Taunka for the most part, although I think the comparison to a wife beater and calling it victim blaming is off-base. > *No one* is saying that the toxic behavior that "triggered" OP is okay. OP absolutely 100% should have muted that player and reported him so that the system could do its job to punish/remove the Teemo. However, after the fact, it's no longer OP's concern. And the toxic behavior in question here isn't Teemo's. It's OP's. There is no "leaving the KYS aside for a second". That is the issue at hand. Period. And that is what we can discuss as it is laid before us. If Teemo comes to the boards to openly ask about and discuss his own punishments, then we'll have cause to discuss it. > > But OP decided to retaliate instead of muting and reporting... which is why OP got punished. All toxic behavior should be punished. All of it. Retaliation is equally as bad as initiation. Both contribute to negative experiences of the players around you. Both are unnecessary and easily avoided. > > The toxic player isn't the result of other toxic players. The *majority* of players don't respond to toxicity with more toxicity. They know how to keep their anger in check or just aren't so fucking awful that they'd voice wishes of suicide against someone. You don't say things like that unless you're toxic straight up. That's not a result. It's part of the problem. The actions of other players never excuse or give us license to stoop to their level. We are responsible for our own behavior. "He started it," is never a valid excuse. Well said ! I couldn't agree with you more.
proliarides (EUNE)
: I dont need knowledge, I already know how riot bans people because I tested it with a smurf and a friend. I was just surprised that 2 words can get you banned because when I tested the system I had to write at least a sentence to get flagged.
> [{quoted}](name=proliarides,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YoBAuEw0,comment-id=0003000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-28T13:08:37.643+0000) > > I dont need knowledge, I already know how riot bans people because I tested it with a smurf and a friend. I was just surprised that 2 words can get you banned because when I tested the system I had to write at least a sentence to get flagged. You just want to argue piss&moan. If you have the knowledge then you should know that what you said was worth the punishment you got. Have a better day if possible.
iShamaru (EUW)
: Banned Acc Friends list
OP, personally I never seen this issue addressed make a ticket and ask Riot. I'd be interested in their answer. I'm guessing you won't, I could make an argument for both ways. Currently I'm indifferent to either way but... GL and if you do it and get an answer please post it. Ty
proliarides (EUNE)
: I dont think calling a platinum person with ( 90% win rate Xerath and Kata ) who only plays jarvan with an overall winrate of 46%, boosted counts as toxicity but oh well. I didnt flame the whole season because I know how riots system works in detecting key words and banning you for them but I didnt think that KYS was one of them and it was the first time I ever said it in my life playing league from season 2. Oh and my punishment was for trash talking and was just 5 game chat ban lol, nothing serious.
> [{quoted}](name=proliarides,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YoBAuEw0,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-01-28T12:28:44.930+0000) > > I dont think calling a platinum person with ( 90% win rate Xerath and Kata ) who only plays jarvan with an overall winrate of 46%, boosted counts as toxicity but oh well. I didnt flame the whole season because I know how riots system works in detecting key words and banning you for them but I didnt think that KYS was one of them and it was the first time I ever said it in my life playing league from season 2. > > Oh and my punishment was for trash talking and was just 5 game chat ban lol, nothing serious. Not all posters who talk about their punishment get only hostile replies, after reading only your thread starting comment I was going to say something much different then this. Then you start trying to make Your own misuse of the system seem justified by using someone's rank and skill. Both unacceptable things to do. To answer your q. Yes I consider it Worth. If you had reacted different in your replies you might have at least gained some knowledge from here.
: law in united states is that you can revoke any cash donations made via direct account deposit within 30 days
> [{quoted}](name=magezzo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EV3AeHvd,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-01-28T07:18:15.927+0000) > > law in united states is that you can revoke any cash donations made via direct account deposit within 30 days Riot doesn't take donations though !
: No. I duo q with him often, and we never int. It was for solely afking to my belief.
> [{quoted}](name=mönkeyman,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=562v0Ft3,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-01-28T04:51:44.548+0000) > > No. I duo q with him often, and we never int. It was for solely afking to my belief. I've never heard of a temp ban for simple afk, I could be mistaken, TY for a answering me. I agree with the advisor though. GL to your friend.
: My friend got permabanned for 1 line of text at the end of a game
Did they get the 14 day for inting ? Not for simply afk and leave buster.
pryda022 (NA)
: he most likely went to his credit card company to get the refund. my friend did this he got all the money he spent on game with in a 6 month period from when he placed the dispute. ( about 400 dollars). to be clear riot will never give u a refund but what they dont say is that your credit card company is more then willing to dispute charges and get money that u spent recently on the game back.
> [{quoted}](name=pryda022,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EV3AeHvd,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-01-27T19:44:31.325+0000) > > he most likely went to his credit card company to get the refund. my friend did this he got all the money he spent on game with in a 6 month period from when he placed the dispute. ( about 400 dollars). to be clear riot will never give u a refund but what they dont say is that your credit card company is more then willing to dispute charges and get money that u spent recently on the game back. OP or readers: Don't Do That ! It's called fraud and you _could_ get yourself in real trouble for it. Whoever owns the card the charge back is asked for usually just has to pay it back but...why take that chance.
mockkkk (NA)
: Invites back to League of Legends?
Post the screen shot, this I'd love to see. TY ;)
: most ridiculous chat restriction i have ever seen in my life.
Tony, to bad Riot doesn't come back and manually check this account also. Your just making noise anyway. LOL
: How can riot expect you not to flame when people are trolling?
Be decent :). This should be a rule/ is one. Don't poke the Bear/ don't fed a troll. Often the first few posts in chat are going to set the tone...knowing this you can make a difference. ----------- I feel like a broken record YET, every time I encounter an Ass in-game I call them out but I do so politely once maybe twice then play , seldom do I need to report as a bully seldom stands alone. It is when players start to Try to enforce justice when it escalates to punishments.
riplol87 (NA)
: One Game - 25 game chat restriction. Comment before you blindly downvote.
Asterfix (NA)
: Had someone threaten to AFK in Lobby and then did in game
: The problem with Riot's punishment and player behavior system exemplified with Tantrums response
To start with, nobody spends ' literally ' hundred of thousand Hrs. & or Cash on this game . Who do you think does this ? ......" # 1 " ....
: Permanently banned
OP, I was and I'm interested Thank You for putting up those logs ! I respect that you did that. !!!
: Permanently banned
Did you try putting in a support ticket ?
: > [{quoted}](name=Bello Bagheera,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4Mo7x3Qx,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-23T21:14:55.860+0000) > > Look Kamehaamehaa, Umbral's responses are well written and very clear. > > If you're going to state his writing lacks clarity, then make sure your writing is at least of equal standard. > > By the way it isn't. And I've never said his writing was bad or anything but you are pretty toxic with that response Kudos for that and everyone that upvoted you cus they agree with toxicity LOL "Toxicity is part of this community" See wasn't I right, gotta respond in toxicity to get toxicity out of kids
> [{quoted}](name=Kamehaamehaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4Mo7x3Qx,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-01-23T21:20:47.595+0000) > > And I've never said his writing was bad or anything but you are pretty toxic with that response > > Kudos for that and everyone that upvoted you cus they agree with toxicity LOL > > "Toxicity is part of this community" > > See wasn't I right, gotta respond in toxicity to get toxicity out of kids See, never answered my Q. Say it, no one is being rude to you. Just let it out, the real reason your upset :) !
Rioter Comments
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Hmm, i didn't really explain my point better. I meant that every user gets a upvote+downvote allowance they can spend, on a daily basis. Not sure if there should be ways of increasing this limit because that would mean that people can always engage in a discussion on any thread but just that the threads who get to be on top or bottom will be limited to "important" ones voted by the boards based on the voting points that are scarce. In my opinion, this would mean that if you visit M&G board quite a lot and vote on popular posts there, you'd have less points to spare for other boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=AGnm2KoY,comment-id=000400040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-23T20:52:02.343+0000) > > Hmm, i didn't really explain my point better. > I meant that every user gets a upvote+downvote allowance they can spend, on a daily basis. Not sure if there should be ways of increasing this limit because that would mean that people can always engage in a discussion on any thread but just that the threads who get to be on top or bottom will be limited to "important" ones voted by the boards based on the voting points that are scarce. > > In my opinion, this would mean that if you visit M&G board quite a lot and vote on popular posts there, you'd have less points to spare for other boards. Let's start with OP, or say the ' original ' opening statement. Are you advocating posters should have limited votes ? .....Even when some directly attack ? We are talking about different sub sections, correct ? ---------- I was speaking more of , you know what? I'll give a firm look at that, I never intended to make you mad or defensive! Not that my opinion matters much, I've got a feeling we agree in some things !
: > [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4Mo7x3Qx,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-01-23T20:32:37.459+0000) > > Firstly - saying "here" has several different meanings in the context of the boards, which, you have to be fairly narrow for people to know what you mean. Saying "here", as to broadly encompass _all_ of the boards, when you've only really bothered with _Player Recruitment_ is a bit of a fallacy. > > Just because you've dealt with a few bad eggs in _Player Recruitment_ doesn't mean everybody on PR, or the boards as a whole, are hypocritical, toxic people. And, as for your suggestion for me to try PR - I have, actually. Near the end of the 2017 Ranked Season, when I saw I had only but a month or so to grind Flex 3's and Flex 5's, I tried using the _Player Recruitment_ boards. > > I met with some success - had a few particularly good players, but sadly it wasn't quite enough to help me climb into Gold. And they were good-natured people, too - we talked a bit on Discord, and we worked pretty well together, and even settled a small quarrel (one of the people played Evelynn despite her recent rework, kinda bombed the match for us) in a mature fashion. > > --- > > And while I'm still inclined to agree that the community is fairly toxic, I say so with the conscious knowledge that the toxicity is, slowly but surely, being hammered down to a minimum. > > All said, you are yourself contributing to the toxicity with your zealous, broad statements about the community - and, more than that, insulting the _Player Behavior_ board over some misgivings you've gotten from _Player Recruitment_. By which I mean, this quote: > > It's asinine that you come here, carrying over frustrations from one board and laying it on people from a completely unrelated board. TL;DR can you shorten this essay?
> [{quoted}](name=Kamehaamehaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4Mo7x3Qx,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-23T20:35:07.676+0000) > > TL;DR > > can you shorten this essay? I can ! Why don't you just say why your upset ?
: > [{quoted}](name=xXRaichopXx,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XNBJEj2p,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2016-09-30T22:20:36.658+0000) > > Yeah....people just HAPPEN to be toxic... nonono. the game makes you and courages to do so. being toxic is stupid way of saying negativity. ppl dont understand difference between being critical and having bad mentality. ppl dont understand that the critic they get from other players could be constuctive as player. but ppl see it as an personal insult so they get triggered by it. not just because of the chat. the game and ppl's background effects this. this is how. ppl come to this game from different parts of the world with different motives to play the game. when the motives wont match in game. it creates conflict in most cases among ppl with goal in mind "high compativity players" and players with no goal in mind "fun aspect seekers". when game is made to be about winning. and the winning is the fun aspect of this game. LoL has become so win centered game. ppl see the playing the game as a chore and get anxiety and stress from it. so outburst of emotion is acceptable. buut when you invest daily on the game you "enjoy" playing. you become committed to it and see winning is the goal in this game. when it doesnt meet the expectations you start getting frustrated and relive the bad emotion on other players. because they dont know how to relif themselves after bad results. toxic players are like bad athletes. brutes with hell lot of practise but bad education how to be better in the game without coaching. ppl watch pros do it so they start to think they also are them just because they are playing the same game. With proper guidance on how to respect other ppl in game and real life. game could be better game like ever before and reporting system wouldnt be needed. take winning out of the game. then maybe ppl start to move away from the negative bashing attitude they have for the game. Chill {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=c0unt3rattack,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XNBJEj2p,comment-id=000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-23T20:10:31.628+0000) > > nonono. the game makes you and courages to do so. > > being toxic is stupid way of saying negativity. > ppl dont understand difference between being critical and having bad mentality. ppl dont understand that the critic they get from other players could be constuctive as player. but ppl see it as an personal insult so they get triggered by it. not just because of the chat. the game and ppl's background effects this. this is how. > ppl come to this game from different parts of the world with different motives to play the game. when the motives wont match in game. it creates conflict in most cases among ppl with goal in mind "high compativity players" and players with no goal in mind "fun aspect seekers". when game is made to be about winning. and the winning is the fun aspect of this game. LoL has become so win centered game. ppl see the playing the game as a chore and get anxiety and stress from it. so outburst of emotion is acceptable. buut when you invest daily on the game you "enjoy" playing. you become committed to it and see winning is the goal in this game. when it doesnt meet the expectations you start getting frustrated and relive the bad emotion on other players. because they dont know how to relif themselves after bad results. toxic players are like bad athletes. brutes with hell lot of practise but bad education how to be better in the game without coaching. ppl watch pros do it so they start to think they also are them just because they are playing the same game. With proper guidance on how to respect other ppl in game and real life. game could be better game like ever before and reporting system wouldnt be needed. take winning out of the game. then maybe ppl start to move away from the negative bashing attitude they have for the game. > > Chill {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Just courios, why necro this thread ?
ThatEkko (NA)
: AFK BANNED
You got banned mid game ? Wut ? Please be more detailed. Edit: nvm I read banned mid game , it's different then afk timers.
: {{sticker:zombie-nunu-hearts}}
> [{quoted}](name=baby sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=AGnm2KoY,comment-id=000e00010000000300010001,timestamp=2018-01-23T19:25:33.359+0000) > > {{sticker:zombie-nunu-hearts}} Very cute ! :) Congratulates I assume are in order ;)
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: If things remain upvote/downvote based, you could implement a cap of upvotes+downvotes to make sure people use those on threads they think matter to keep up or down. I don't think this solution fixes a lot of things here but it certainly would prevent people from throwing around their votes without a care in the world, just to spite others and keep them down. Which would mean one would seek to spend their votes on a discussion(s) that they think matter.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=AGnm2KoY,comment-id=0004000400000000,timestamp=2018-01-23T15:17:42.834+0000) > > If things remain upvote/downvote based, you could implement a cap of upvotes+downvotes to make sure people use those on threads they think matter to keep up or down. I don't think this solution fixes a lot of things here but it certainly would prevent people from throwing around their votes without a care in the world, just to spite others and keep them down. > > Which would mean one would seek to spend their votes on a discussion(s) that they think matter. I've thought about this also but then you have to consider things like: How many threads has a poster read, possibly not commented in ( some times what I'd say is already posted) Also, if this was implemented with a restriction on votes per threads read , who is to say poster won't just click a lot of topic to make a vote. I'm not putting down your idea I simply think it's unworkable. -------------- I don't allow votes either way to influence how I feel or when I comment or vote, ect. having said this I completely understand many posters do. I remember years ago a Red saying just because a post is down-voted doesn't always mean it's w/ o merit. Could be an unpopular opinion on a certain sub section. TLDR, I disagree with that kind of policy, even though I understand how it can benift, it could also be unconstructive. It's a starting point though :) Sorry, want to add the thought of the same person voting from other accounts. IMO this is also a issue, and seems to be increasing.
: Trolled by the Same Player Twice in a 24 Hour Period
: Ye, post the information about that acc, so Rito can take it down manually after I told them that I int feed. And they would just use it to prove that they ban int feeders xD Don't make me laugh.....
> [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=747F6caq,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-19T20:53:12.035+0000) > > Ye, post the information about that acc, so Rito can take it down manually after I told them that I int feed. And they would just use it to prove that they ban int feeders xD Don't make me laugh..... Is it me, or did you just disappear from the boards ??? What name are you going to use next ?
Fearless (NA)
: That's actually not true, and you're ignoring things I've said multiple times in this thread. I feel unable to engage and respond in those threads, but I don't ignore they exist, and I train designers on my team to look for the underlying problems players are attempting to express in highly negative threads.
> [{quoted}](name=Fearless,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HHBrycot,comment-id=000000000000000000010000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-19T19:52:38.871+0000) > > That's actually not true, and you're ignoring things I've said multiple times in this thread. I feel unable to engage and respond in those threads, but I don't ignore they exist, and I train designers on my team to look for the underlying problems players are attempting to express in highly negative threads. That is very interesting, I'd like to understand this more. I've tried to look up your job discribtion but haven't found a similar one. I know you all don't need to hear this but .... I apprieate that Reds are continuing to post. Thank You All ! Have a good day :)
: Ye, post the information about that acc, so Rito can take it down manually after I told them that I int feed. And they would just use it to prove that they ban int feeders xD Don't make me laugh.....
> [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=747F6caq,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-19T20:53:12.035+0000) > > Ye, post the information about that acc, so Rito can take it down manually after I told them that I int feed. And they would just use it to prove that they ban int feeders xD Don't make me laugh..... Why ;) you made me laugh, your all talk and NO proof haha... --------------------- Shit like your rhetoric, is a dime a dozen ! ....Big talk and no backup /// I have already told Riot that I'd willingly hand over all info for all my accounts, and freely allow them to use Anything from those publicly. Can you say the same ? Nope because your being a very small influence on the boards or in game.
: Hahaha yet Rito wont do this, bc they don't care about inters. :) If they would care my acc would be LOOOOONG time banned. But nope, they let me ruin the games for 9 ppl instead of taking action. This is Rito.
> [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=747F6caq,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-19T20:35:32.816+0000) > > Hahaha yet Rito wont do this, bc they don't care about inters. :) If they would care my acc would be LOOOOONG time banned. But nope, they let me ruin the games for 9 ppl instead of taking action. This is Rito. So prove it big guy, post here from that account so I can see if your telling the truth. Dude big talk is just that....lmao ;)
: Yes, 1 inter out of thousands :D It really proves how good their system is. BTW I'm literally inting with another acc and didn't get punished any way. Soooo this kinda proves that inting is not punished.
> [{quoted}](name=Ph03n1xb1rd,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=747F6caq,comment-id=00000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-19T19:02:33.026+0000) > > Yes, 1 inter out of thousands :D > > It really proves how good their system is. > BTW I'm literally inting with another acc and didn't get punished any way. Soooo this kinda proves that inting is not punished. Why are you trying to take over this thread ? Are you the OP ? Take your own problems to your own thread. Beside this new _trend_ I think Riot should check out your claim of inting on another account and if you are publicly ban you here. ----------------- Yes, I know this post of mine won't be popular. But let's face it, I for one am sick of seeing this shit posted !
: Language Filter is a joke
Did you type it, as in are you positive that was what got blocked ? lOL ;). WTF ?
: I got unfairly banned
How about putting your chat logs up ?
Fearless (NA)
: This is my point. On the boards, those posts will have large upvote counts. Similar topics on reddit, twitter, or from in game surveys will be much more positive, and show a much wider spectrum of player feelings. Boards is by far the most negative source of player feedback, and frequently has the most simplistic discussion. This is not true in all cases, but the general trend makes boards one of the least productive places to speak to players.
> [{quoted}](name=Fearless,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HHBrycot,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-19T03:50:47.839+0000) > > This is my point. On the boards, those posts will have large upvote counts. Similar topics on reddit, twitter, or from in game surveys will be much more positive, and show a much wider spectrum of player feelings. Boards is by far the most negative source of player feedback, and frequently has the most simplistic discussion. This is not true in all cases, but the general trend makes boards one of the least productive places to speak to players. After reading the comments that follow your posts I realize I should have spoken my thoughts quicker but I was trying to be kind. Posters, this is the very reason why so few Reds post on any topic here ! Because no matter what they do or what they say, someone is going to try to screw with them. I'd say more but think I'll check twitter, shame on you all !
: In-Client Behavior Reform Cards
How practical is reporting during a game ? How would Riot immediately decide to issue such a thing instantly during the game ? I see a troll being a jerk, then getting a message saying " Hey Now, be nice " All the while intrupting the gameplay only to have said jerk laugh and continue to disrupt the game. I don't know about others but my main focus is about watching the map, playing the game...ect. And winning ! Not trying to put a report in while doing everything else. ------------- OP, with regard to you not being warned before you received your chat ban, I thought they used to do a pop up warning ? If not still you've been here however many years you should know the rules. Why don't you put up your logs so I can help pinpoint your misunderstanding .
Show more

nerak23

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion