: > [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yo7Mael0,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2019-07-13T22:05:51.921+0000) > > so you're telling me, of the 600k+ people that have signed this thing, not one of them is daft enough to actually go to area 51 and storm the place? I mean if you read the facebook post it's pretty fucking obvious they're not serious about it. They mention having "Kyles" form the front line buffed by monster energy and flanking from the sides with people naruto running.
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yo7Mael0,comment-id=0000000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T22:12:38.506+0000) > > I mean if you read the facebook post it's pretty fucking obvious they're not serious about it. They mention having "Kyles" form the front line buffed by monster energy and flanking from the sides with people naruto running. If the organizers show up, it will be with lawn chairs and a cooler full of beer. Sadly there are people out there who will take this seriously; you really have to look no further than pizzagate for the type of person that will show up. I don't think the air force is going to want to open fire on these guys though. Instead if they try to rush the base in any numbers, they will get to be a training exercise on the use of [non-lethal](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device) [weapons](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System). And if I go off of what a former coworker told me about his experience guarding some military installation that happened to be next door to a music festival, anyone who approaches the boundary is going to get a rifle butt to the face.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ebVMTwzp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T01:52:02.864+0000) > > did you manually submit a ticket with a file of the game recording attached? Is that how we do it to catch these types of assholes?
> [{quoted}](name=Forge God Ornn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ebVMTwzp,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T02:03:55.225+0000) > > Is that how we do it to catch these types of assholes? Yes. I had someone in URF wall me in the fountain on anivia, and when I flashed out he would wall me into the enemy team. Support ticket + screenshots + replay file got him a 14 day ban.
Rockman (NA)
: Walk around with a bottle of coca cola in a brown bag
> [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BQZwYtjq,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-10T16:02:46.883+0000) > > Walk around with a bottle of coca cola in a brown bag Not far enough. Empty a vodka bottle and refill it with water. Stick that in a brown bag and walk around, taking the occasional swig. Keep the vodka in a normal water bottle at your desk in case of emergency.
ShaomaiBB (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Grouchy Poro,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8TtL3hvd,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:39:25.925+0000) > > and riot refuse to ban them they ban guys like OP instead. Currupt system controlled by a corrupt company that's messed up
> [{quoted}](name=ShaomaiBB,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8TtL3hvd,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:47:19.093+0000) > > that's messed up Its also salt. People like to make that claim, because it feeds their outrage and makes them look like a victim, when they are just as guilty, and have no evidence that riot failed to hand out a punishment.
ShaomaiBB (EUW)
: banned for nothing
Telling people you're going to report them, calling for mass reports...they're the same in riot's eyes. You repeatedly said you were reporting the guy. Stuff like that should be said at most once; any more is harassment. And once again the issue is that you repeatedly called out your teammates for having a bad game. Any time you respond to a troll, they win.
godyoonmin (EUNE)
: got a chargeback randomly and riot support website says i'm permabanned
If therr was a chargeback on your account then the permaban will be lifted once you pay up. If you can't give riot their money then the only way to resolve it is a support ticket.
ShaomaiBB (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Sutpid Idot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8TtL3hvd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-10T17:56:31.421+0000) > > You blatantly harassed your teammates repeatedly, also swearing is not directly bannable. i was the one that got harassed
> [{quoted}](name=ShaomaiBB,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8TtL3hvd,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:01:57.098+0000) > > i was the one that got harassed And you dished it out in turn. Riot doesn't care that you got triggered; they take everything you said in a vacuum. On the other hand, riot has said specifically that calling for a player to be reported can be considered to be harassment and thus bannable, and you did that repeatedly. Repeatedly accusing your teammates of feeding also is harassment in riot's eyes, something you also did. If you need to ask your teammates to do something, say it once then give it a rest. In addition, emphasizing the poor performance of a teammate is always bad.
: Why do people hate Hashinshin so much?
Because he used to bitch and moan about whatever champion just stomped him last by ranting on gd. He's rather infamous for tilting out of his fucking mind and blaming his mistakes on balance decisions.
Senamz13 (NA)
: What is considered "Low Elo" and "High Elo"
Low elo is low bronze and below. High elo probably starts somewhere in plat. As the median rank is silver, anyone who says low elo includes silver or higher ranks is objectively wrong. Low elo is not "not high elo"; it means you are objectively bad at the game. It means that when compared against a random player, you likely are worse.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G85XgfMf,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2019-07-07T19:35:06.953+0000) > > Fuck that noise, no one should have the right to put others at risk for no reason besides lol just because. People should not be dying of measles, meningitis, whooping cough or any other preventable disease in current day and age. Take their rights if they are too stupid to have them. I disagree mainly because there are plenty of communities in the USA where people are vax free like Amish land and people still manage to live healthy lifestyles. I'm not an antivaxxer but I have a right to choose that lifestyle. You made the child YOU are responsible for it be it for better or worse. If my child got sick because they caught a preventable disease I would then question the validity of vaccinations. Also you should worry more about infections than disease. China is using our last line of defense in antibiotics on mass produced pork. We are gonna die from an unpreventable infection. Not a preventable disease.
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G85XgfMf,comment-id=0000000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-07T22:30:32.232+0000) > > I disagree mainly because there are plenty of communities in the USA where people are vax free like Amish land and people still manage to live healthy lifestyles. I'm not an antivaxxer but I have a right to choose that lifestyle. You made the child YOU are responsible for it be it for better or worse. If my child got sick because they caught a preventable disease I would then question the validity of vaccinations. Also you should worry more about infections than disease. China is using our last line of defense in antibiotics on mass produced pork. We are gonna die from an unpreventable infection. Not a preventable disease. And the moment someone from these anti-vax communities comes into contact with someone with the disease, it spreads through their community like wildfire. The reason we have mandatory vaccinations is because we need to maintain herd immunity as not everyone can get vaccinated (young infants, those with medically verifiable reactions, etc). When we let our herd immunity drop, these people get sick, [and they die](https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/stellar/why-we-must-never-forget-dana-mccaffery/news-story/3bda91d3d0fb03631b4bc14a3b777856). When you choose to not vaccinate your kids, you not only put the lives of your kids at risk, but you also put the lives of people around you at risk. The only arguments against mandatory vaccination are arguments made out of ignorance, which you have delightfully illustrated here. A vaccine and an antibiotic are not the same thing, and they work in completely different ways. A vaccine trains your immune system to recognize a pathogen. If you are infected by the pathogen you received the vaccine for, your body will recognize it the moment you are exposed without having to train itself, and you won't ever by symptomatic or contagious. Sometimes the immunity fades from certain vaccinations, but that's why we have booster shots. An antibiotic works completely differently. They directly attack bacteria (not viruses, for which you can get vaccinated), killing them. But because of random mutations, not all of the bacteria are exactly the same, and some may possess traits that make them resist the antibiotic. When your doctor normally prescribes antibiotics, you usually take them per instructions then stop. The stopping is important, because it keeps a environment for which resistance can evolve to a minimum. And so by feeding livestock antibiotics constantly, we exert constant evolutionary pressure on bacteria to evolve antibiotic resistance. A vaccine on the other hand does not create such an environment, and therefore cannot cause any sort of resistance to develop.
Temp00001 (EUNE)
: I don't believe you Check this out, these are only a few of the screenshots i've taken between 2019-07-03 and 2019-07-05, so just 2 days. https://ibb.co/album/ikjMrF I had to censure the names because otherwise the "WONDERFUL" "AMAZING" moderators here will BAN ME for SHAMING THE TOXIC PEOPLE WHO INSULTED ME AND OTHER PLAYERS INGAME LOL. I guess we live in a SHAMELESS WORLD NOW, BAN ALL SHAME lol. What's next ?! criminals, murderers let's not use their names we don't want them to feel any shame. DON'T be MEAN to the murderer who are we to to criticize his way of living, so he killed a few people, it happens, let's not shame him.
> [{quoted}](name=Temp00001,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R6Jr1ms4,comment-id=0028000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-07T05:53:57.343+0000) > > I don't believe you > > Check this out, these are only a few of the screenshots i've taken between 2019-07-03 and 2019-07-05, so just 2 days. > https://ibb.co/album/ikjMrF > > I had to censure the names because otherwise the "WONDERFUL" "AMAZING" moderators here will BAN ME for SHAMING THE TOXIC PEOPLE WHO INSULTED ME AND OTHER PLAYERS INGAME LOL. > > I guess we live in a SHAMELESS WORLD NOW, BAN ALL SHAME lol. > > What's next ?! criminals, murderers let's not use their names we don't want them to feel any shame. DON'T be MEAN to the murderer who are we to to criticize his way of living, so he killed a few people, it happens, let's not shame him. 1. Not all of those screenshots are actionable. Like seriously, reporting salty enemy players? 2. I can see from a few of your screenshots that you are willing to engage with potentially toxic teammates, and even in one I see you being called out. I used to play with a guy that always complained about toxicity in league. He was pretty fucking toxic himself, and I encountered much more toxicity playing with him. It seems we've collectively forgotten about the rule not feed the trolls.
: > [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R6Jr1ms4,comment-id=00280000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-06T21:06:40.134+0000) > > 110% the level of toxic players that get past current filters are managable by human rioters and their outsourced companies, who often are the ones handling tickets. > > But if we got rid of the automated process entirely, that might be a different story. We don't want the Automated system to be removed. It does a good job handling what it does handle. We are Demanding a Human when that player does something that is especially malicious and the robot isn't likely to handle it well.
> [{quoted}](name=Sylias Ravenmore,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R6Jr1ms4,comment-id=002800000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-06T21:17:09.660+0000) > > We don't want the Automated system to be removed. > > It does a good job handling what it does handle. > > > We are Demanding a Human when that player does something that is especially malicious and the robot isn't likely to handle it well. And you can already get that. Because the last time I experienced creative trolling, I submitted a support ticket, and got a human, and the troll got a 14-day ban.
: > [{quoted}](name=FreezerFlare,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ovz99Kvp,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-06T08:51:38.314+0000) > > I miss old shaco so much This. Also old Nunu and Trist. Every champion I mained Riot reworked and ruined for me. The only reason I play League at this moment is because there's literally nothing better for me to play right now and I actually hate it.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ovz99Kvp,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-06T08:52:34.028+0000) > > This. Also old Nunu and Trist. Every champion I mained Riot reworked and ruined for me. The only reason I play League at this moment is because there's literally nothing better for me to play right now and I actually hate it. Add Sejuani and Nidalee to that list.
: Rujitra! RUJITRA! WHERE ARE YOU?
Your smurf was silver in s8 Your main was bronze That has a huge impact on placement; try again with fresh accounts.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R6Jr1ms4,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T13:43:48.826+0000) > > Okay but how do you know that? Well, for one thing, passive inting doesnt exist, so you cant really detect what doesnt exist.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R6Jr1ms4,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T14:06:45.669+0000) > > Well, for one thing, passive inting doesnt exist, so you cant really detect what doesnt exist. It does; it's called being shit at league, which is explicitly not punishable. The people that complain about it are looking for an excuse to blame their loss on someone else.
: > [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BjYZBVtZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-03T13:12:56.428+0000) > > Long story short, you report someone in the post game lobby, the system checks the player's chat logs, if it finds that they broke Riot's rules, it hands out a punishment. > > However Riot's system isn't the best in the sense that a lot of people can slip through its cracks or go out of their way to avoid punishment. Right, so why would Riot teach their employees to tell players to only rely on the system? I feel like that is such an odd thing to do.
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Endeavor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BjYZBVtZ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T13:52:20.798+0000) > > Right, so why would Riot teach their employees to tell players to only rely on the system? I feel like that is such an odd thing to do. They don't. For things like chat offenses, for which the system is reliable, they want you to use the in-game report. If there is something highly unusual, such as an anivia trolling with her wall in urf, then it is ok to submit a support ticket. I would also expect things such as specific threats to be reportable via tickets (ie a specific target is named or it contains pii). For things such as tellig players to kill themselves, there's already a system in place that works well. Submitting a support ticket over that clogs up the system.
BleupizZ (EUW)
: Fps doesn't go above 10 !!
What is your hardware? What are your temps? Do you have any background programs?
: Removal of surrender votes and leavebuster punishments in Normals blind/draft
Oh boo fucking hoo you have to play the game out for an extra 20-30 minutes. If your team is dogshit, then you will lose quickly. If you don't lose quickly, then the game wasn't truly decided.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rzAhH5pW,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2019-07-02T04:18:43.718+0000) Because I'm poor and my family's idea of saving up to move is spending money we don't have on shit we don't need. And it wasn't like this before. I've lived here for... 14 years? Give or take. It was bad when we moved in, sure, but its gotten way worse over the years due to the landlord's neglect.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rzAhH5pW,comment-id=000400020000,timestamp=2019-07-02T04:30:49.441+0000) > > Because I'm poor and my family's idea of saving up to move is spending money we don't have on shit we don't need. > > And it wasn't like this before. I've lived here for... 14 years? Give or take. It was bad when we moved in, sure, but its gotten way worse over the years due to the landlord's neglect. Penny-wise and pound foolish. Your landlord won't magically change. While all of those issues should be handled by the landlord, some of them are so basic that they shouldn't be an issue. Doorknobs? If that's an issue, $15 each on amazon. And if that's too expensive, you probably could find some old ones for cheap. The leak in the roof? You can put buckets in the attic, and if it's too bad for buckets, you could get some sealant. TBH actually fixing the leak can be difficult (my parents have had a leak in their roof for at least the past 15 years), but once you identify that you have a leaky roof, you should take steps to mitigate it. Potholes in the driveway? Asphalt patch isn't expensive. But really, unless you live in Arkansas, your landlord has ignored major issues that violate the [implied warranty of habitability](https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/renters-rights-book/chapter7-2.html). If your family has asked the landlord to fix these issues and he's refused, then you should have been looking for a new landlord a long time ago. You have serious health and safety issues with your current house and the cost to move will be far cheaper than any medical bills you could get. I had a friend that lived in a shitty house like yours. I kept on telling her she needed to move, and when she finally did, she was so much happier.
: I appreciate the suggestions everyone but I'm a 78 pound, 18 year old female, and I feel like conducting chemical warfare against wasps is beyond my personal capabilities. Honestly best thing to do is wait until winter I suppose an see if my landlord can take care of it. Though, considering that he hasn't taken care of * The front and back brick steps, which are falling apart. * The bathroom sink that literally fell off the wall that's being held up by two planks of wood and a dream. * The massive hole in the kitchen ceiling. * The leak that lead to the massive hole in the kitchen ceiling. * The front porch that's falling off the house. * The garage that's being consumed by carpenter ants and falling apart. * The driveway that's full of potholes. * The basement that floods whenever in rains. * The doors that have no knobs because they fell off. I very seriously doubt he's going to do anything about the wasp nest. Honestly this place should be condemned at this point.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rzAhH5pW,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-01T17:35:52.297+0000) > > I appreciate the suggestions everyone but I'm a 78 pound, 18 year old female, and I feel like conducting chemical warfare against wasps is beyond my personal capabilities. > > Honestly best thing to do is wait until winter I suppose an see if my landlord can take care of it. Though, considering that he hasn't taken care of > > * The front and back brick steps, which are falling apart. > * The bathroom sink that literally fell off the wall that's being held up by two planks of wood and a dream. > * The massive hole in the kitchen ceiling. > * The leak that lead to the massive hole in the kitchen ceiling. > * The front porch that's falling off the house. > * The garage that's being consumed by carpenter ants and falling apart. > * The driveway that's full of potholes. > * The basement that floods whenever in rains. > * The doors that have no knobs because they fell off. > > I very seriously doubt he's going to do anything about the wasp nest. > > Honestly this place should be condemned at this point. Why the fuck do you still live there? More importantly, why the fuck did you sign the lease and move in? But the can of raid really is effective. It works for my sister who isn't much bigger than you. As long as you do not stand directly underneath the nest when you spray them you should be fine.
: - Wait for nightfall. - Wear a lot of bulky layers. Leave as little exposed skin as possible. Wrap your face and neck too. - Take your can of long distance wasp spray (I recommend Raid - shit can shoot a jet out to like 20ft away accurately) - Stand at maximum range to hit that nest. Stay low to the ground - less exposed surface area. - Blast that POS. - Repeat this ritualistically for 2-3 nights. This lets the poison add up, so it should be uninhabitable to them. - If you don't hear any buzzing after night 3, then go knock that thing down on night 4, and crush it. If you still hear it, keep repeating til you don't. Be sure that if you do this, you make damn sure you hit that nest. In fact, be sure you not only hit the nest, but *around* the nest. Don't use the whole can, but use enough of it that you can clearly see, even at night, that you blasted the nest to the 9 hells. If it wasn't literally attached to your house, I'd tell you to use my dad's method, and basically Molotov the nest...but...don't burn down your house.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rzAhH5pW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-01T17:11:09.788+0000) > > - Wait for nightfall. > - Wear a lot of bulky layers. Leave as little exposed skin as possible. Wrap your face and neck too. > - Take your can of long distance wasp spray (I recommend Raid - shit can shoot a jet out to like 20ft away accurately) > - Stand at maximum range to hit that nest. Stay low to the ground - less exposed surface area. > - Blast that POS. > - Repeat this ritualistically for 2-3 nights. This lets the poison add up, so it should be uninhabitable to them. > - If you don't hear any buzzing after night 3, then go knock that thing down on night 4, and crush it. > > Be sure that if you do this, you make damn sure you hit that nest. In fact, be sure you not only hit the nest, but *around* the nest. Don't use the whole can, but use enough of it that you can clearly see, even at night, that you blasted the nest to the 9 hells. > > If it wasn't literally attached to your house, I'd tell you to use my dad's method, and basically Molotov the nest...but...don't burn down your house. This is overkill, but effective I used to take out wasp nests on my parents house with little more than a hose with a sprayer and a long pole while wearing shorts and a tshirt.
: gotta perma banned for saying black lives matter ive never been banned or resticted befoe
Well this turned into a shitshow Riot never permabans on the first instance for chat violations. There's more to this story, but from your chatlogs and what you have posted here you're more interested in playing the victim card than taking responsibility.
Rockman (NA)
: "We made Diana Q a little faster"
Shit was too easy to dodge earlier
: My password got bruteforced
Your account wasn't bruteforced; either you used a shit password like 12345 or you comitted the sin of password reuse and it got leaked via another site.
afmghost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=goodimbinatas,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xu0WA1Ht,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-29T23:24:11.080+0000) > > Il add some more details so the hacker loged into my account and played two games and after the first game he played he added a guy named iciu125, and that was the guy that he was chatting with, i mean my account is 132lvl i got some nice skins, i spent money and time, it wouldnt be logical for me to just start cheating i know it sound like a good cover. And riot themselves offer information when, from where, who logfed into your account, so i hope they will figure this out, i tried ro give them as much info as i have. Ok, this is where the story falls apart: When people hack accounts, they intend to log in and send messages to everyone on the player's friend list. The message typically says something like "log in here to earn free 50000 RP!" or something to that effect, hoping to aquire more accounts, and, hopefully, credit card information. There is nothing to be gained from hacking an account just to play a couple games to deliberately get said account banned. This is why this seems a little far-fetched to me. Now if you were banned for phishing, I would suggest submitting a ticket and telling Riot what happened. Scan your computer AND THEN reset your passwords (order matters. Don't change your passwords prior to scanning). I submitted tickets saying that some of my friends got hacked when they advertised, and they said that the banhammer is used to force an email to the account owner, which gets their attention.
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xu0WA1Ht,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T03:16:19.438+0000) > > Ok, this is where the story falls apart: > When people hack accounts, they intend to log in and send messages to everyone on the player's friend list. The message typically says something like "log in here to earn free 50000 RP!" or something to that effect, hoping to aquire more accounts, and, hopefully, credit card information. > There is nothing to be gained from hacking an account just to play a couple games to deliberately get said account banned. This is why this seems a little far-fetched to me. > > Now if you were banned for phishing, I would suggest submitting a ticket and telling Riot what happened. Scan your computer AND THEN reset your passwords (order matters. Don't change your passwords prior to scanning). I submitted tickets saying that some of my friends got hacked when they advertised, and they said that the banhammer is used to force an email to the account owner, which gets their attention. Actually, if I was testing an exploit a butner account would be a good way to do so. You could use a new account, but that won't let you get a good efficacy test, so a stolen account makes for a good test. Using the account for phishing would mean confounding the reason for the account ban.
: What is your mouse DPI?
Never ever turn on the mouse acceleration in windows ("enhance pointer precision"). This makes the amount your mose moves vary on the speed of the movement. In general, lower dpi is better. Higher dpi means you need to make micro adjustments, which are harder to do precisely.
: why do we have boards rules?
Because more specific rules make it easier to govern.
Spotty (NA)
: my biggest fear in life
It could be worse...your child could be writing smutty fanfiction too.
Yenn (NA)
: This is an atrociously bad example. He's the poster child for 'spam enough games for statistics to work in your favor.' He's playing a champion that doesn't have the ability to win most lanes, but also doesn't lose. Mixed with the binary nature of top lane, he can just AFK push for the entirety of the game and rely on his team mates to carry him; since he usually can't lose the lane, the 800+ games he spammed eventually even out in his favor. His history probably shows extremely low kill participation on his wins, and any games with high kill participation (meaning his team couldn't carry him and he had to actually participate in team fights) are likely losses, similar to Tryndamere players.
> [{quoted}](name=Yenn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BO7BEKoW,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-26T05:58:58.541+0000) > > This is an atrociously bad example. He's the poster child for 'spam enough games for statistics to work in your favor.' > > He's playing a champion that doesn't have the ability to win most lanes, but also doesn't lose. Mixed with the binary nature of top lane, he can just AFK push for the entirety of the game and rely on his team mates to carry him; since he usually can't lose the lane, the 800+ games he spammed eventually even out in his favor. > > His history probably shows extremely low kill participation on his wins, and any games with high kill participation (meaning his team couldn't carry him and he had to actually participate in team fights) are likely losses, similar to Tryndamere players. Statistics don't work that way. You cannot spam your way to high elo without doing something right. Sure, his stats look like shit, but the fact that he is winning games means he is just influencing games in a way that isn't reflected in the stats. There's nothing invalid about his rank.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=000400010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T02:40:43.183+0000) > > Then your memory fails you > > https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/dynamic-queue-and-future-league Interesting, but I'd still take longer queue times. Support is no longer the forsaken land it once was, pretty sure that's top/jg now. And if it's split between 2 lanes, even better.
> [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=0004000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T03:26:44.851+0000) > > Interesting, but I'd still take longer queue times. Support is no longer the forsaken land it once was, pretty sure that's top/jg now. And if it's split between 2 lanes, even better. One will still end up the role nobody wants, which means if you even take it as your secondary you get it. This winds up promoting a vicious feedback loop where it only gets worse and worse. I don't mind playing jungle, and from time to time I will take jungle over top lane, but if queueing jungle secondary ensured I'd get jungle 85% of the time, I wouldn't queue jungle. And that's what happened when there was no autofill. TBH I'd sooner take the old pick order back over no autofill.
: This is because there is a new IP system coming for the end of august, The new system will be tied to you with forced facial recog. We are a pilot city here in Vancouver and were warned ahead of time. Once the 5g system is fully implemented they will be moving completely away from the direct line system as its 300 times more expensive for infrastructure and VPN's and proxies undermine their authority. The cables that go under the oceans cost billions and need to be relayed every few years because of the currents in the oceans, this is why Australia still has shit ping. The next few years of the internet is going to blow people away, tons of regulations will be forced on you and this environment you're seeing is to usher this in. They will have publicly searchable databases where everything you ever typed online will be searchable by your name and face. They want to debank and deplatform anyone that so much as even cost them a dollar, Chase and mastercard/visa have already started this process. This isn't a left or right thing, its a us vs them thing. You kids that cheating in online games and think your edgy using suicidal slang about to find out the hard way you're the reason this is coming, riot should be held responsible for every scripter ever, they see them as payers hence the ban waves. There is more going on here. They gave these kids the ropes and now we are all going to suffer because they couldn't help being psychopaths that riot helped encourage.
> [{quoted}](name=tribunalisrigged,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WYZAAQm9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-25T01:40:07.888+0000) > > This is because there is a new IP system coming for the end of august, The new system will be tied to you with forced facial recog. We are a pilot city here in Vancouver and were warned ahead of time. Once the 5g system is fully implemented they will be moving completely away from the direct line system as its 300 times more expensive for infrastructure and VPN's and proxies undermine their authority. The cables that go under the oceans cost billions and need to be relayed every few years because of the currents in the oceans, this is why Australia still has shit ping. The next few years of the internet is going to blow people away, tons of regulations will be forced on you and this environment you're seeing is to usher this in. They will have publicly searchable databases where everything you ever typed online will be searchable by your name and face. They want to debank and deplatform anyone that so much as even cost them a dollar, Chase and mastercard/visa have already started this process. This isn't a left or right thing, its a us vs them thing. You kids that cheating in online games and think your edgy using suicidal slang about to find out the hard way you're the reason this is coming, riot should be held responsible for every scripter ever, they see them as payers hence the ban waves. There is more going on here. They gave these kids the ropes and now we are all going to suffer because they couldn't help being psychopaths that riot helped encourage. Please take your meds
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=0004000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T01:15:38.252+0000) > > No it hasn't. When role queueing was released there was no autofill. Unless you're talking about PBE, I have 0 memory of any time role selection existed without autofill.
> [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=00040001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T01:30:47.740+0000) > > Unless you're talking about PBE, I have 0 memory of any time role selection existed without autofill. Then your memory fails you https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/dynamic-queue-and-future-league > To address position shortages, we’re adding an autofill mode that can trigger when queue times are too long. If players enter queue with excessive estimated wait times, the matchmaker will potentially assign them a role other than the two they selected.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-06-24T15:22:47.888+0000) > > A healthy role-based queue system needs to have approximately equal people in each queue, but that will never happen. If you get ridof autofill, what will end up happening is that those roles that normally get filled through autofill move to people's secondary roles, which means that if you pick an unpopular secondary, you were getting assigned your secondary. Since people don't want to play their secondary all the time, they pick a new secondary, making the problem worse. Before autofill was introduced, if you put support as secondary you'd get it just about every game, because the only people putting support were support mains and nobody queued for support secondary. Autofill has existed ever since the "pick your role" system was added. Like I said, one role is always going to be unpopular for various reasons. In bronze (iirc) support is the least picked, and in silver/gold is becomes jungle, then it becomes top in diamond+
> [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2019-06-24T23:50:42.716+0000) > > Autofill has existed ever since the "pick your role" system was added. Like I said, one role is always going to be unpopular for various reasons. In bronze (iirc) support is the least picked, and in silver/gold is becomes jungle, then it becomes top in diamond+ No it hasn't. When role queueing was released there was no autofill.
Rioter Comments
Rockman (NA)
: "DotA compendium is out, I think I'll play a little"
Meanwhile dota makes my computer bsod...
: Information leak is unlikely to be the cause, since modern encryption only stores a hashed version of your passwords, which are very difficult to reverse back to the original password (unless your password is extremely common, like "password1" or "123456"). It's more likely that either your computer got compromised by a keylogger or your password was weak enough to be brute forceable. (Not an expert in cyber security, might be completely wrong about this.)
> [{quoted}](name=DerMangoJoghurt,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OwHl81Nm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-24T21:39:06.494+0000) > > Information leak is unlikely to be the cause, since modern encryption only stores a hashed version of your passwords, which are very difficult to reverse back to the original password (unless your password is extremely common, like "password1" or "123456"). > It's more likely that either your computer got compromised by a keylogger or your password was weak enough to be brute forceable. > > (Not an expert in cyber security, might be completely wrong about this.) Passwords hashed via weak hashing algorithms are vulnerable. For example md5 is commonly used, but there are practical collision attacks against it that make it highly insecure. It also is a fast algorithm and as such can be bruteforced easily. Password reuse probably is to blame here. Some other site gets hacked, and because the admins are amateurs the passwords aren't properly protected. Hackers then take these pilfered credentials and use them on other sites.
: I notice people who defend autofill say 2 things: 1) Queue times would be longer No shit, and when I tell them I wouldn't mind waiting 10 minutes, I'm told argument 2 2) We would lose role selection Why? Longer queue times implies role selection is still there. There's always going to be a least popular role, that's perfectly fine. For some it's support, others it's top, and to a few it's jungle. We wouldn't lose role selection, we'd just have longer queue times, which is perfectly fine by me.
> [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-23T20:37:23.817+0000) > > 2) We would lose role selection > > Why? Longer queue times implies role selection is still there. There's always going to be a least popular role, that's perfectly fine. For some it's support, others it's top, and to a few it's jungle. We wouldn't lose role selection, we'd just have longer queue times, which is perfectly fine by me. A healthy role-based queue system needs to have approximately equal people in each queue, but that will never happen. If you get ridof autofill, what will end up happening is that those roles that normally get filled through autofill move to people's secondary roles, which means that if you pick an unpopular secondary, you were getting assigned your secondary. Since people don't want to play their secondary all the time, they pick a new secondary, making the problem worse. Before autofill was introduced, if you put support as secondary you'd get it just about every game, because the only people putting support were support mains and nobody queued for support secondary.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0KBJcean,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T13:20:06.339+0000) > > jensen had a competitive ban as far as i know not a ban from the game or at least the account if it was banned it was specifically to the account that benefitted from the ddosing They were making moves to make it an ID ban, since he was black-hatting games, but they talked to him personally, gave him one last warning, and he chilled his shit.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0KBJcean,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T15:05:29.151+0000) > > They were making moves to make it an ID ban, since he was black-hatting games, but they talked to him personally, gave him one last warning, and he chilled his shit. He actually got an ID ban. http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1015978
: PERMA BAN
Cute little hissy fit you're throwing here
: What's your current song you have on repeat until you eventually start to hate it?
That both looked and sounded very 90's... mine: Rammstein - Ausländer Not linking the video because idk what the boards policies on National Geographic titties is.
Destaice (NA)
: I tried to play ESO considering it's FTP and I own it.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NvimQ909,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T21:43:24.397+0000) > > It's really not that simple as "fake" sugar and "real" sugar, but still go you for making healthy life choices. "Fake" sugar would be good for you if "fake" sugar wasn't only found in extremely high concentration and with things that have no nuetritional value other than sugar (which you're going to be getting too much of anyways so still pretty much no healthy value). Eating 3 big apples is still as bad for you as drinking one can of soda (sugar wise), but at least you're actually getting other nuetrients from the apple, meanwhile soda is literally just the sugar. I only know this stuff because there were like tons of ads targeted at children for my generation to stop eating so much sugar in general, no matter what kind. My high school also went over it a ton in biology class when we started learning about ATP and energy breakdowns. The only real diference I believe is that HFCS (high fructose sugars) are harder to break down resulting in more fat. That being said, being extremely skinny is just as unhealthy or deadlier than being obese, so it's not like the fat part is the deadly thing here, it's how concentrated the sugar usually is, by itself with literally no nuetritional value. I've heard High fructose corn syrup is Highly addictive
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NvimQ909,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T22:02:22.318+0000) > > I've heard High fructose corn syrup is Highly addictive The problem with hfcs isn't that its worse than real sugar; its that we put it into everything. Switching to cane sugar won't magically make people less fat.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0tBFkPEy,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T15:26:47.481+0000) > > If you continue to insist the problem isn't you, then you will never climb. > > You can't even CS at a silver level and you don't know how to pressure the map as the sole player doing well. If you're always losing lane, then the enemy jungler is free to gank everywhere else on the map. You also manage to ward even less than me, which is an accomplishment > > You're not going to be able to do anything about your teammates unless you climb the ladder on your own. Focus on the things you can do to improve, not on how much your team sucks. This means trying to get better at csing, warding more, learning how to spot dives that get telegraphed a mile away, etc. And honestly it would also mean stop playing Kayle. You're playing a champion that takes gold and levels to be effective, and if you ain't getting your cs you ain't getting either. If you play a tank you don't need as much gold because your items are cheaper. You also can tp gank bot lane if you see the chance. You are the only constant in all of your games. > > In season 7 I had something like a 60% winrate on nunu, and it was no accident, pre-rework nunu was busted. Yet here you are with a 32% winrate on Kayle and you're trying to tell me that you've lost so many games due to RNG? You have played 75 games of Kayle this season, and won fewer than 25. At the rate you're going, I can see you winding up in iron by the time you stop losing. So now I'm seeing theres proof of a Loss Spree Queue: Hashinshin details the existence of Loss Spree Queues. I've been stuck in a Loss Spree queue myself and it sucks balls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm9SrtqdsjA I've also since gone on a win spree of 5 games in a row... my CS is better, my KDA is better, and my overall game impact is higher. This is what makes ranked toxic: these Win Spree queues and Loss Spree queues which create these one-sided games where you (I) end up teamed up with trolls and throwers.
> [{quoted}](name=funkdubious2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0tBFkPEy,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T16:30:58.782+0000) > > So now I'm seeing theres proof of a Loss Spree Queue: > > Hashinshin details the existence of Loss Spree Queues. I've been stuck in a Loss Spree queue myself and it sucks balls. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm9SrtqdsjA > > I've also since gone on a win spree of 5 games in a row... my CS is better, my KDA is better, and my overall game impact is higher. > > This is what makes ranked toxic: these Win Spree queues and Loss Spree queues which create these one-sided games where you (I) end up teamed up with trolls and throwers. No such thing exists, and it's never happened to me. I've had win streaks, and I've had loss streaks, but never have I had games where I've straight up steamrollered teams for multiple games in a row, nor have I had streaks were every game was lost by 5 minutes. Loss streaks happen because you're shit or you're tilted and playing like shit. Win streaks happen because you're matched below your skill level or you've found freelo (I want pre-rework nunu back). Hashinshin is notorious for two things - tilting off the face of the planet and blaming everything but himself for his losses. Your loss streak stopped because your losses have been cratering your mmr. Like I said earlier, you will continue to lose until your mmr matches your skill level.
: Japan Server is honestly ridiculous.
I mean how useful do you think telling an afk player to stop afking will be?
: Report System Fixed To Benefit Trolls?
Pro tip: accusing people of inting isn't going to magically make them stop feeding.
Xilixer (NA)
: If you think Nubrac is innocent in this drama your uninformed
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0tBFkPEy,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-17T07:32:52.517+0000) > > 1. As others have pointed out, your cs isn't great. > > 2. You should be aiming to leave lane with 0 deaths. > > 3. Stop playing Kayle. You don't have a 31% win rate on her because your teammates are garbage, the problem is you. Most of your kayle games you look like dead weight. I'm not saying my CS is great, stellar, or anything to youtube about. However, given the circumstances of Kayle, I believe its decent and could be somewhat better. Against a lane bully though, a gangplank, bramble, etc thats spamming out wave clear abilities starting at level 1, its going to be difficult to manage any kind of wave. Did you guys actually look at the matches and not focus on just me? Did you see my games, almost 10 in a row now, with a bot lane that feeds 25 kills? A jungler with 5 deaths by 9 min mark... starts game saying "i'm not good at jungling" I bite my tongue and say "just do your best, try to call out enemy jg when you see him" How is that my fault, whether or not I'm playing Kayle? My CS is decent... like I said it aint platinum, and myt deaths aint great... aint platinum there either, I'm usually out laned by lane bullies by 15 minute mark usually. UNLESS I GET A GREAT JUNGLER that knows how to help Kayle snowball... but i'm struggling to find ANYBODY that understands this. And please look at the team in its entirety that I get put on. My KDA at the end of the game does not indicate how I played... it only indicates that i'm dying more towards the end trying to defend base objectives against an enemy team that was fed to the hilt... when I get out of laning phase with maybe 2 or 3 deaths. "Uh should be 0..." well duh. Sometimes you cant survive a 3 man gank dive under your tower because you cant wave clear for shit.
> [{quoted}](name=funkdubious2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0tBFkPEy,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-18T05:17:25.810+0000) > > I'm not saying my CS is great, stellar, or anything to youtube about. However, given the circumstances of Kayle, I believe its decent and could be somewhat better. Against a lane bully though, a gangplank, bramble, etc thats spamming out wave clear abilities starting at level 1, its going to be difficult to manage any kind of wave. > > Did you guys actually look at the matches and not focus on just me? > > Did you see my games, almost 10 in a row now, with a bot lane that feeds 25 kills? A jungler with 5 deaths by 9 min mark... starts game saying "i'm not good at jungling" I bite my tongue and say "just do your best, try to call out enemy jg when you see him" > > How is that my fault, whether or not I'm playing Kayle? My CS is decent... like I said it aint platinum, and myt deaths aint great... aint platinum there either, I'm usually out laned by lane bullies by 15 minute mark usually. UNLESS I GET A GREAT JUNGLER that knows how to help Kayle snowball... but i'm struggling to find ANYBODY that understands this. > > And please look at the team in its entirety that I get put on. My KDA at the end of the game does not indicate how I played... it only indicates that i'm dying more towards the end trying to defend base objectives against an enemy team that was fed to the hilt... when I get out of laning phase with maybe 2 or 3 deaths. "Uh should be 0..." well duh. Sometimes you cant survive a 3 man gank dive under your tower because you cant wave clear for shit. If you continue to insist the problem isn't you, then you will never climb. You can't even CS at a silver level and you don't know how to pressure the map as the sole player doing well. If you're always losing lane, then the enemy jungler is free to gank everywhere else on the map. You also manage to ward even less than me, which is an accomplishment You're not going to be able to do anything about your teammates unless you climb the ladder on your own. Focus on the things you can do to improve, not on how much your team sucks. This means trying to get better at csing, warding more, learning how to spot dives that get telegraphed a mile away, etc. And honestly it would also mean stop playing Kayle. You're playing a champion that takes gold and levels to be effective, and if you ain't getting your cs you ain't getting either. If you play a tank you don't need as much gold because your items are cheaper. You also can tp gank bot lane if you see the chance. You are the only constant in all of your games. In season 7 I had something like a 60% winrate on nunu, and it was no accident, pre-rework nunu was busted. Yet here you are with a 32% winrate on Kayle and you're trying to tell me that you've lost so many games due to RNG? You have played 75 games of Kayle this season, and won fewer than 25. At the rate you're going, I can see you winding up in iron by the time you stop losing.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iLP8tLpV,comment-id=000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T00:40:30.698+0000) > > Cheaper? Yeah. > > Tastier? Depends. > > Fresher? If you get the ones with roots theres no difference. > > I'm not saying to not get your fancy herb thingy, but you don't need it for fresh herbs. If you need something now buy the whole plant herbs from the store and plant them when youre done. The herbs you get from the store still have to be flown in and are not picked and consumed immediately, so having it picked right in your living room is the freshest it can get. > [{quoted}](name=Tyrannus0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iLP8tLpV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-18T00:42:38.767+0000) > > I thought it was just Muriel's gag growing up but apparently vinegar really does just do everything. I use vinegar as a disinfectant and baking soda + vinegar for cleaning grime/hard to get rid of stains as well. Vinegar is the best.
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iLP8tLpV,comment-id=0000000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T01:08:45.573+0000) > > The herbs you get from the store still have to be flown in and are not picked and consumed immediately, so having it picked right in your living room is the freshest it can get. You can buy the whole plant, and yes, it is very much alive as you can stick it in the ground once you are done with it and it will continue growing. The only difference between these herbs and what you might grow yourself is the condition under which they are grown.
: Just out of curiosity, Boards user employment poll
And somehow you managed to leave off the entire tech industry.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iLP8tLpV,comment-id=0000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-17T15:23:46.061+0000) > > Your grocery store doesn't sell fresh herbs? They sell it but I want to grow my own too because it's cheaper, tastier, and fresher.
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iLP8tLpV,comment-id=00000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-17T23:58:03.445+0000) > > They sell it but I want to grow my own too because it's cheaper, tastier, and fresher. Cheaper? Yeah. Tastier? Depends. Fresher? If you get the ones with roots theres no difference. I'm not saying to not get your fancy herb thingy, but you don't need it for fresh herbs. If you need something now buy the whole plant herbs from the store and plant them when youre done.
Show more

notFREEfood

Level 64 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion