: Genuine Question: Fair Game vs Fun Game - Which do you prefer?
Hot take: getting oneshot is more often unfun than it is inherently unfair. OP would prefer a fun game.
Zoz0 (NA)
: Fanart of a "Dark-Star Akali Skin" I did awhile ago.
rawiazam1 (EUNE)
: shouldn't ekko's shield last at least the same time as his stun?
Shouldn't Ekko's stun not last longer than his shield?
Cloud273 (NA)
: Don't pick Gragas in ranked if you want to climb
I was expecting a joke about how he's too fat to go up a ladder wp wp
94372148 (NA)
: The "minions absorbed" count for overgrowth rune should = "minions" count for junglers
Wait you mean junglers don't necessarily get all the scaling options that most laners have due to their ability to create pressure on a larger area of the map very early on?
: "Saves" stat for supports
The reward for good play is eventually winning the game.
: Math to illustrate the sheer power of Conqueror against % damage reduction.
I don't really think you can argue that conqueror is too strong while looking only at its literal best case scenario...
: TFT honestly should just be a separate game rather than part of the client.
> [{quoted}](name=TalontedM7,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=TFsK1nmc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-24T21:46:13.608+0000) > > TFT honestly should just be a separate game rather than part of the client. Riot's already built up their client so they may as well make use of the resources they already have to advertise their new game, and they already have a place where they can sell skins etc. for it.
: > if Morde ults in 1v5 there's at least a 50/50 chance he'll kill his target. Said chances however rely on which was the target. > Regardless of the area size or how strong Morde is or whether you can kick his ass in a 1v1, there is no way to leave his ult for 7 whole seconds without sinking all your resources into that man And why is this bad? Why is it bad that you have to suddenly pour resources into him? You havet to do the exact same thing on many champs. Like aatrox, yasuo (which btw unlike morde, yasuo is a constant threat), yi during his ulti, riven, and many MANY more. > If Morde ult wasn't cleansable, that man could go 0/5, build full tank, ult the adc, and just sit there while his team wins a 4v4 teamfight where his team lost someone useless and their team lost a carry True. However morde would pay this playstyle by being other than his ulti a useless champ. He doesnt have the cc. Not enough damage. He would literally become a worse malz support. Although i hate to admit it but in pro and maybe high elo this would be abused a lot. Another thing that they could do is lower the range, or make it (ARGH) a skillshot. Or give a requirement like rek's ulti. Thankfully there are a lot of ways to minimize the damage this strat can do. > Also, Morde already has incentive to ult stronger targets- he gets to keep some of their stats if he kills them. Yeah i know. But one that is actually more attractive. 10% of core stats is pathetically low.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uVuWnmTY,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T12:28:09.068+0000) > True. However morde would pay this playstyle by being other than his ulti a useless champ. He doesnt have the cc. *Not enough damage. He would literally become a worse malz support.* > I highlighted your point in this part that stood out to me. Imagine this scenario: on his last legs, the all but inting Mordekaiser with 3 tank items at 40 minutes stumbles about the teamfight and hits R onto an important target. Perhaps an adc, perhaps the Lulu that was just about to W your Zed, or perhaps the Maokai that was zoning your own adc from the fight. This absolutely useless hunk of metal just removed a key component of the opposing team with no action they could possibly have taken. That important person just has to sit in that circle hitting Morde for like 4 seconds until he finally dies and they pop out into a teamfight that is already lost. That's not a worse Malz support. A Malz support can CC you for at most 2.5 seconds, assuming he's not hit by any stray hard CC as he's standing entirely still with a bright purple beacon on his head. A Morce can CC you for longer and there ain't shit you or your team can do. Unless his ult is cleansable.
: I wouldn't really call it a small area. The area is big enough for some champs to stall him long enough. Others have a good chance to even kill him or severely damage him. All he has is a delayed pull and 20% or so movement speed. Besides if qss doesn't work on Camille's ulti no reason to work on Morde's. I mean it's the only way for him to be pickable. His kit survivability is very low (iirc) for a juggernaut. He can damage enemies just fine but he can't stay for long because his shield is decaying. The heal also is dependent on said shield strength. If you are afraid that morde will ulti weak 1v1 champs then riot can just give him an incentive to go after strong champs.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uVuWnmTY,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-06-09T03:42:39.371+0000) > > I wouldn't really call it a small area. The area is big enough for some champs to stall him long enough. Others have a good chance to even kill him or severely damage him. All he has is a delayed pull and 20% or so movement speed. > > > Besides if qss doesn't work on Camille's ulti no reason to work on Morde's. I mean it's the only way for him to be pickable. His kit survivability is very low (iirc) for a juggernaut. He can damage enemies just fine but he can't stay for long because his shield is decaying. The heal also is dependent on said shield strength. > > If you are afraid that morde will ulti weak 1v1 champs then riot can just give him an incentive to go after strong champs. If Camille ults in 1v5 odds are she just dies. If Morde ults in 1v5 there's at least a 50/50 chance he'll kill his target. Regardless of the area size or how strong Morde is or whether you can kick his ass in a 1v1, there is no way to leave his ult for 7 whole seconds without sinking all your resources into that man. If Morde ult wasn't cleansable, that man could go 0/5, build full tank, ult the adc, and just sit there while his team wins a 4v4 teamfight where his team lost someone useless and their team lost a carry. Can you imagine why this might be a problem? Also, Morde already has incentive to ult stronger targets- he gets to keep some of their stats if he kills them.
: POLL: Should QSS remove ultimates like Mordekaiser?
QSS should absolutely work on Morde's ultimate, but it also should not work on abilities like Morde's ultimate, for one simple reason: Morde's ult is completely risk-free. The idea behind Morde's ult is that you fight a close range duelist in a confined space-- it basically creates a perfect situation for Morde, guaranteed. In contrast to an ult like Camille, who gets to truly 1v1 her target for maybe a second while everyone else is getting knocked back before they can all collapse on her. Your team should be bailing you out of the ults of Camille, Fiora, Zed, etc. rather than QSS. Because your team can't actually influence Morde ult, you gain the option of the 1300 gold fallback since just having to sit in the penalty box with Morde for 7 seconds can completely break a teamfight.
: Alright everyone let's see your Yuumi builds
{{item:3094}} so you can actually use your passive, followed by {{item:3905}} {{item:3107}} for long range true damage snipes. Can't be fucked by your ally's positioning if your sphere of influence extends halfway across the map.
Rioter Comments
Zabulus (NA)
: How about Football skins to follow up on the academy ones?
Gridiron football is mostly an NA phenomenon, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to invest the resources it takes to make a skin line into one that will sell primarily only in NA, a server that isn't even that big when compared to the others. You'll note that the only real sport skinline we've seen is one for European football (a sport played globally) and a few skins like Curling Veigar released ages ago for the Olympics that nearly everybody participates in. I do agree with you that it would be highly amusing to see Football Sion charging into people with a giant goal post instead of an axe though.
: Theorycraft: Font of life ardent censer mage support
Back during Ardent meta, something like this was semi-common, except instead of a mage support, it was Ashe. Ardent was so busted...
Cocho (NA)
: I wish there was a support item to help AP Champs
Well if the experimental Karma changes go through her W will reduce ally cooldowns which helps mages more than most ADs, and Zilean's passive xp boost is more useful for carries that scale heavily with levels like mages, so there's some support catered more towards mages even if it's not in item form.
: From one support to another; how do y'all keep your cool?
Fiddlesticks. A lot of Fiddlesticks. Adc is an optional accessory for the first 25 minutes and you're so cheesy the enemy team is more pissed off than you are.
: For a champion with a splash art that doesn't make you feel like it's from Leagues early days
iirc, Panth is a tier 1 candidate for a VGU. When they get around to updating him they'll fix his model.
Morgentau (EUW)
: Need Help: Addicted to Riven
Seems like copypasta material right here.
darkdill (NA)
: Plagueis, the Shadow of Death
Not a champ concept the Jedi would tell you
: I have a feeling that his neck piece is more aesthetic, and less to serve any purpose ingame or in lore, but more to symbolize a metaphor, that while he may break through his chains, he's still contained by the status of mages in Demacia at the moment. It's like how Pyke has his "deathlist" as one of his taunts, but he never actually uses it in game, because it serves to build character.
Pyke actually does have the ability to access his list. The default key binding is tab.
: Lunar Eclipse Diana & Solar Eclipse Diana Skins
Because the concept started as a skin for Leona and only diverged into a pair of solar and lunar skins when most of the work was already completed. They weren't planning on making a "sun and moon duo for only the sun champion" from the beginning, that's just how it turned out.
: > [{quoted}](name=UnlivedNewt132,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cOvEhP1d,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-25T17:33:51.811+0000) > > noc and lb chains will still cc you if even if you w > also, w makes you untargetable, not invulnerable so you can still die to ignite i think. NOt sure bout this one though. > maybe these could be the reasons? Well that’s supposed to happen since tethers don’t break even with untargetability, but thereve been instances where for example Blitzcrank E will knock you up even though you just pooled, and as for the death thing it’s more like you died as something tried to burst you, yet W goes on cooldown even though you DIDNT pool. There’s also the bug with the E-W combo where sometimes W won’t activate while holding E.
League has a weird thing where you can't really disjoint attacks for the most part, so if Blitz begins his E animation it doesn't matter what you do, you're probably going to get hit. Becoming untargetable doesn't matter if the attack has already declared a target.
: Rant: I'm so sorry, Diana mains.
I've seen this complaint about Diana thrown around a lot even through Riot's already provided a reason why the skins came out this way, and _shocker_, it's not because they have a seething hatred of Diana. A legendary Leona skin's been in the works for quite some time, because it takes a ton of effort to make this tier of skin. They had to make a brand new rig, put a brand new model on that, give her a whole set of new animations and bring a voice actress in to do the lines. However, even after the skin team decided to make an Eclipse skin, they still weren't sure which one to do; Solar made more sense thematically, but every damn skin Leona has is orange and it kind of would have felt like a rehash of base Leona unlike the Lunar skin. So they pitched both ideas, and both ideas received a comparable amount of positive feedback. Since that didn't really help the decision making process, they ended up just deciding to make both skins, since a lot of the heavy lifting could be applied to both of them: they use the same rig and animations, and mostly the same VO and model. Leona getting both skins wasn't a case of, "Hehehe let's give Leona a skin obviously meant for Diana," but rather, "We could really easily make two good skins off this one theme."
: wont ever happen. riot knows that quite a lot of people in the community have way more passion and care way more than riot does. it would come down to there being like 20 gamemodes all way better than ranked and ranked would die. maybe not "die" but numbers would drop drastically. as riot stated, thats also the reason urf isnt a perma gamemode. cause whenever its on, ranked numbers drop too hard.
Riot loses players to urf because urf is too fast compared to base league. When urf is over and people come back to normal games, it feels really slow and awkward; you're used to 2 second cooldowns, so 10 is now an eternity. You could have cast that 5 times over by now! That doesn't make urf inherently more fun, or base league bad. In fact, whenever urf rolls around, usually my friend group is burnt out of it by the second or third day. It's just too much, too fast. Think about it like cake. You love eating a slice of cake every day and happily do so. However, you're given an opportunity to eat as much cake as you'd like for a week. After you're done stuffing yourself, you're probably gonna be sick of cake and not want it for a long while. Urf does the same thing.
: Legit, tell me what is the counter to this BS ? "Just cc him " Right ?
Don't let him get to the point where he can do that by starving him early game. No shit you're gonna get shredded by 4.5 item Yi, but it's not like micro is the only way to beat the guy.
: What is Your Favorite Ability for Each Key?
Q: Cosmic Binding W: Ricochet E: Magical Journey R: Unstoppable Onslaught
: I'm surprised riot hasn't done Team Spirit Ahri
That's basically what they did with Championship Kha'Zix this year with his recall banners.
: Write a haiku for your favorite champion
{{champion:136}} Right before the end The very last thing you hear One resonant _"Boop"_ {{champion:268}} As the sun rises Over a forgotten land The emperor wakes {{champion:20}} Rolling to battle Each one a new adventure We must towerdive
: A friendly request to Riot regarding patch 8.21
Fun fact: this also happened to Azir. As if he didn't say it enough, there was like a 33% chance that his soldier would also say Shurima when it died and I think that's an important aspect to keep.
: Post ITT and I'll tell you what I think about you based on your rank and main
Nol (EUNE)
: Better Graphics Maybe?
Riot cares a whole hell of a lot more about accessibility than Valve, something you can clearly see from the way they balance their games. Riot patches frequently and with an eye pointed at solo queue; meanwhile, I can come back after 3 months of not playing dota, see maybe a patch or two went through, and there's usually several champs with a 54%+ winrate in pubs. Riot wants everyone to be able to play their game, since it's really their only game, so they focus on more of a cartoony and vivid art style- less intricate details but colors that pop and still manage to get the point across. Dota still runs on an rts engine and every single tree, etc is a separate entity in the game, so yeah they'll have better graphics, but at the cost of the business of people who play on lower-end machines.
: Queen of Candy Lissandra
Josh picks his friends well.
: Let's be clear here: Kayn is not OP
: One can't become most honorable in 3v3 matches
Wait, you mean the Leaf? You certainly get that on Twisted Treeline.
: The worst thing about banning a champ you hate is that you have to hear their stupid voice.
Sometimes that's true but hearing ones that berate you for banning them like Camille's "I will wait for you to be better" really make my day.
Mc Raton (NA)
: What's the point of supporting under Gold elo?
Getting to play Bard with less flame than everywhere else.
Blyted (NA)
: "Int Sion"
Smite support Singed, anyone?
: > [{quoted}](name=nyakasgoods,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eG3k1WYU,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T22:54:19.447+0000) > > It most definitely is a merit-based reward, since getting to gold is a sign of merit. But that's not the real restriction now is it? If it was, you would have something more like OP. Something where having the merit to obtain the skin is thing that matters. >The skins are season-exclusive in order to foster pride in past achievements like trophies, and, like you said, to play people's loss aversion by pushing them to play league each season since an active playerbase is good for business. So I'm supposed to have fostered feelings of pride and accomplishment for going with a marketing tactic. Seriously what kind of awful argument is this? Am I supposed to say "Oh, I see! It is _supposed_ to be a marketing practice , if it was _designed_ to deprive players of things for the business's interest that makes it o.k!"? No, I already know what it is and that's why I am against manipulative bullshit like paid progression. Why the hell should I or anyone argue for a business's gain instead of for pro-consumer interests?
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eG3k1WYU,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:30:47.464+0000) > > But that's not the real restriction now is it? If it was, you would have something more like OP. Something where having the merit to obtain the skin is thing that matters. Getting to gold is the only prerequisite for getting a victorious skin. Playing in a specific season is the prerequisite to getting any one specific victorious skin. Saying that someone who owns Vict Siv didn't earn it by merit and just happened to play in a specific season is a false dichotomy-- they did both. > > Why the hell should I or anyone argue for a business's gain instead of for pro-consumer interests? As a consumer of League of Legends, I'd imagine it's in your interest that League of Legends continues to exist so that you can continue to consume League of Legends. Now I'm not saying that giving away all the victorious skins is going to bankrupt Riot and immediately shut down the game, but a business's gain is often times in the consumer's favor. If there's a playerbase dip due to a change in victorious skin policies, that means fewer people are going to be paying for skins and champions, Riot gets less money, and the game has less resources being put in to sustaining and growing it, which is not in the interest of the consumer.
: Because the idea is for it to be a meritorious reward. The restriction that it currently has "Playing League at X time" has nothing to do with individual merit. That's time based, not skill based. As in time-based marketing, which is why there are all these timed lock outs in LoL, all these limiteds, and these things kept in bundles or behind grind. "Get this before it's gone forever!" "Better play League now, you want this limited time offer, don't you?" It's to play people's loss aversion.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eG3k1WYU,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-10-05T21:19:31.540+0000) > > Because the idea is for it to be a meritorious reward. The restriction that it currently has "Playing League at X time" has nothing to do with individual merit. That's time based, not skill based. > As in time-based marketing, which is why there are all these timed lock outs in LoL, all these limiteds, and these things kept in bundles or behind grind. "Get this before it's gone forever!" "Better play League now, you want this limited time offer, don't you?" > It's to play people's loss aversion. It most definitely is a merit-based reward, since getting to gold is a sign of merit. It's not *exclusively* meritorious, but then again who doesn't have a lucky game or two climbing up to gold anyways? The skins are season-exclusive in order to foster pride in past achievements like trophies, and, like you said, to play people's loss aversion by pushing them to play league each season since an active playerbase is good for business.
Pika Fox (NA)
: I personally dont see value in that, and prefer keeping things not nearly as exclusive. If youre gold at the end of the season, id personally prefer they give all victorious skins. To me, thats more fair, and still gives incentive each season to get gold again, as you get another skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eG3k1WYU,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T20:37:49.278+0000) > > I personally dont see value in that, and prefer keeping things not nearly as exclusive. If youre gold at the end of the season, id personally prefer they give all victorious skins. To me, thats more fair, and still gives incentive each season to get gold again, as you get another skin. Nah, that actually disincentivizes you to play since why bother getting to gold this season when you could just wait for three seasons and then get 3x as many skins for the same amount of work? The people who would play ranked each season anyways aren't the people Riot makes these skins for.
Pika Fox (NA)
: I mean, you cant decay out of gold anyways, so once you hit gold theres no reason to continue already as is of your end goal is just the skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eG3k1WYU,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-10-05T18:51:42.765+0000) > > I mean, you cant decay out of gold anyways, so once you hit gold theres no reason to continue already as is of your end goal is just the skin. Yeah, but each victorious skin is specific to its season-- if I see someone else with Victorious Sivir I ~~cry~~ know they ended gold in season 5 in particular, rather than at some point since season 5 and got their shard. The knowledge that each season has its own unique trophy is certainly the only reason I personally play ranked each year, rather than only after a skin I'd actually like comes up.
: Idea: At the end of the season, give all players that didn't reach Gold a Victorious skin shard
It's a neat idea, but the point of the victorious skins has historically been not "I've been gold at some point," but "I was gold in this particular season," which incentivizes people to play rather than letting them sit back on the game thinking they can eventually get the skin. Riot wants to encourage an active playerbase.
: you completely misunderstand what I am saying. The losing team can surrender, but does not have too. they can play the game out still hoping for a return of the AFK person, but if they lose and that person doesn't return then the AFK person will take a huge hit to LP loss. 100%-200% more loss of LP and since it should not happen often this would be a better deterrent for going AFK.
> [{quoted}](name=LeftyRaydy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ve38KlPG,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-10-02T21:41:53.773+0000) > > you completely misunderstand what I am saying. The losing team can surrender, but does not have too. they can play the game out still hoping for a return of the AFK person, but if they lose and that person doesn't return then the AFK person will take a huge hit to LP loss. 100%-200% more loss of LP and since it should not happen often this would be a better deterrent for going AFK. Alright, but what about games in which a team starts losing really hard really early and sees a bright shining loss-preventing lp-saving light off in the distance? The only condition they have to meet to save their sweet lp is to flame the person who's doing worst into everliving hell in order to try and force a ragequit.
: This game has been around for so long yet no real way to deal with AFK
This system is for sure asked for in good faith and quite frequently, but having a loss prevention option open to a losing team strongly incentivizes said team to try and take that option instead of trying to pull back the game and win normally. Even if you can't just ask your smurf premade to go afk, you can band together with your teammates into trying to flame the toplaner that gave first blood so hard that he ragequits and then stall the game out to have your loss prevented. Even though this strategy would rarely work, a lot of losing teams would take their chances with it and create a more toxic environment on that team than if this system were not in place.
5050BS (NA)
: Riot how can you not hot fix Zyra plant bug?
I don't think there's been any word from them on it yet, but seeing as it's a bug and not something they did on purpose, it's likely that they have to go wading through a lot of spaghetti to try and find and fix the issue without breaking something else, especially since it's a complicated champ like Zyra. Azir had similar issues where sometimes his W just wouldn't deal any damage, and it also took a little while to get sorted out.
: > [{quoted}](name=SugeMinPikk,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=NMBHqnMi,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-17T20:32:56.210+0000) > > That's not what atheistic means sorry wrong word that starts with a i meant apperance
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Zeta 1313,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=NMBHqnMi,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-17T20:40:38.591+0000) > > sorry wrong word that starts with a > i meant apperance I think the word you were looking for was aesthetic.
: anyone fancy gifting me the Odyssey Jinx skin
I'll gift you Odyssey Jinx if you gift me Odyssey Kayn.
: If you could combine any two finished items of your choice, what would they be?
Kelg (NA)
: What are some of your favorite things about your champion(s)? (Gameplay or Art related)
{{champion:136}} "Pay!? Do you know who I am?" "Put it on my tab. The name's Pantheon... with a P." *"Boop."*
Show more

nyakasgoods

Level 196 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion