: Tired of "Win-Day, Lose-Day"
This is a horrid combination of selection bias, confirmation bias, and misunderstanding of randomness. Nothing more.
Swarovsko (EUW)
: Riot fix your fucking matchmaking
Statistically, if this is a repeated issue and not just one game (which I doubt), you will get better players on your team the same amount of time. And yes, this is a bitching thread.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kivolan (NA)
: Is It Just Me, Or Does Every Game Have At Least Three Of These?
WHOA!!! POPULAR CHAMPIONS!!! DISGUSTING!!!!
ZeeWolfZ (NA)
: Current Turrets are Pathetic
Turrets have simply been changed from something that defends to something to defend.
Rioter Comments
k wìx (NA)
: I completely disagree with your point. Bans are localized and every game is different. Learn your counters, learn who you can't win against, and ban those champions. Frankly, there are absolutely no must-bans. You can build a team to deal with the likes of Yasuo or Vayne. **If you find yourself always losing because of this 'one champ' and its really bothering you? Learn to play better. I promise you, there isn't a single champion in the game that just automatically wins. **
> [{quoted}](name=k wìx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fzNHUe6F,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-30T16:47:59.067+0000) > > I completely disagree with your point. Bans are localized and every game is different. Learn your counters, learn who you can't win against, and ban those champions. > > Frankly, there are absolutely no must-bans. You can build a team to deal with the likes of Yasuo or Vayne. > > **If you find yourself always losing because of this 'one champ' and its really bothering you? Learn to play better. I promise you, there isn't a single champion in the game that just automatically wins. ** This is a rage thread. Logic doesn't apply here.
: > top lane anyway where no one was ranged {{champion:150}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:8}}
> [{quoted}](name=CountMontepython,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ivIW2nlE,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-26T03:05:49.618+0000) > > {{champion:150}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:8}} As compared to {{champion:266}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:83}} . Toplane is a melee lane like 90% of the time. Also, {{champion:34}} ?
Rioter Comments
Escheton (EUW)
: {{item:3174}} The legends say the chalice lies in the mountain of a thousand nights And he who wields it will become crazy awesome
> [{quoted}](name=Escheton,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=fgEms6j3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-12-19T12:05:00.055+0000) > > {{item:3174}} The legends say the chalice lies in the mountain of a thousand nights > And he who wields it will become crazy awesome WE WILL FOLLOW THE GUIDING LIGHT... OF THE NORTH STAR... IN WHATEVER DIRECTION IT POINTS! (North)
: Friendly reminder that turrets need drastic buffs
Riot has taken turrets in a direction that makes them less of things used to defend, and more of things to defend (AKA Objectives). I personally like this change, but I can see why it is strange considering the normal role of towers or turrets in most strategy games.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Tank Camille will be cancerous af im calling it right now.
While I wouldn't rule it out, I doubt Riot would go through testing without testing Tank Camille.
: Just a simple question: Why are there no Tank items that's are over 3000 gold in price?
Tanks do less damage, and thus naturally have less gold due to getting less kills and having a harder time farming.
: > [{quoted}](name=phil701,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BjKqE8hi,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2016-12-11T20:22:02.744+0000) > > Come over to ARAM. You'll like it here. I used to play almost as much ARAM as I do SR. But my graphics card couldn't handle the **constant** 10 characters throwing particles on the screen at all times. My monitor would actually shut off mid-game and wouldn't turn on unless I hard reset my computer.
> [{quoted}](name=The Yetii Rider,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BjKqE8hi,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2016-12-11T20:24:51.099+0000) > > I used to play almost as much ARAM as I do SR. But my graphics card couldn't handle the **constant** 10 characters throwing particles on the screen at all times. My monitor would actually shut off mid-game and wouldn't turn on unless I hard reset my computer. I play league on a fucking surface 3, I know the feeling.
: League of Legends is One of my Favorite Games of All Time
>I like the gameplay. I hate the laning phase, but it's okay because I can jungle. I hate ganking, but it's okay because all I have to do is farm until team fighting. Team fighting is what I love about this game. Come over to ARAM. You'll like it here.
DireXcon (EUNE)
: So Azir's kit was overloaded so Riot hard to gut it.
Aatrox is too OP. His Passive is free Attack Speed and a Low Cooldown Revive. His Q is an AOE Knockup. Is W is either crazy OP dmg or free healing. His E is a high base dmg, ranged slow. His ult does a lot of free AOE dmg and gives him a massive steroid. Sounds OP right? List all the champ's strength with none of their weaknesses and anyone is OP.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: How to rank up in the 2017 season
Blind Pick + New Champ Select = 90% less toxicity, both on boards towards Riot and ingame towards teammates.
Mig89 (NA)
: Why do you think being banned for being toxic is unfair or unusual?
People tend to use the Dunkey argument of "Talking shit is half the fun; people do it in real sports all the time!" Well newsflash. People may do it in other games, but not freely (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsportsmanlike_conduct). In no generally accepted sport is trash-talking tolerated, why should it be tolerated in Esports? I have no problem with people saying things in /all chat to tilt their opponents, poke fun, or taunt, but insulting someone is very different from poking fun. The main difference is that only douchebags insult.
: > [{quoted}](name=phil701,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=l7cP65Tz,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-10-25T02:58:57.827+0000) > > Any game, ever, cannot, will not, and should not be perfect. And if the most popular game in the world needs to be perfect, than no game in the world can be perfect, which is an impossibilty and thus a fallacy. It should not be perfect? Why do patches even exist? Let pretend everything is fine because playing this free game is a gift from Old Gods.What's that ?Destroyed by an OP/toxic/unhealthy champion when you should not have been ?Relax fam,the game is free to play.
> [{quoted}](name=NoRPDude,realm=EUNE,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=l7cP65Tz,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-10-25T03:19:38.730+0000) > > It should not be perfect? Why do patches even exist? Let pretend everything is fine because playing this free game is a gift from Old Gods.What's that ?Destroyed by an OP/toxic/unhealthy champion when you should not have been ?Relax fam,the game is free to play. See, now we have a straw man fallacy. The statement "a game neither can nor should be perfect" does not mean patches are wrong and unhealthiness should exist. A good example is life, especially from a religious standpoint. A human cannot be morally perfect - Does that mean that I should be a douchebag? A perfect game is impossible, and boring, as any change from perfection causes imperfection, and without change comes boringness. However, every game should try its hardest to be perfect, while still maintaining flaws and making questionable changes to keep variety.
: The most played game in the world needs to be perfect.Stupid shit like utility assassin( that is some strong weed right there *utility assassin*)can't exist here.Tanky DPS utility champion needs to be deleted,it can't be balanced,that's why Ekko is the main problem for some time now. Strong kit like his will always be strong even if his numbers were 1/1/1/1 Sorry for bad London.
> [{quoted}](name=NoRPDude,realm=EUNE,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=l7cP65Tz,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-10-25T02:28:05.197+0000) > > The most played game in the world needs to be perfect Any game, ever, cannot, will not, and should not be perfect. And if the most popular game in the world needs to be perfect, than no game in the world can be perfect, which is an impossibilty and thus a fallacy.
Rioter Comments
darkdill (NA)
: @Meddler: It seems a large majority of testers are hating the new jungle plants system in PBE
: I do like complicated kits that have a lot of depth, but something I've learned more recently from friends and other games such as Dark Souls, is that depth doesn't have to come through complexity. Take for example current Katarina before they rework her. Many people in low leagues will tell you that Katarina takes no skill, in some ways that's true. It's not difficult to jump into a fight and melt a few people quickly. But, higher leagues find her impossible to play, because enemy awareness is at a point where they are constantly aware of Katarina, and your window of opportunity to engage becomes smaller and harder to tell. Katarina's kit is super simple, and doesn't take a whole lot of skill to engage, but her teamfight depth increases rapidly as overall player skill does. I find her a challenge to learn and fun to play because of this. I've always been more of a charge into battle type, so it's out of my comfort zone. Interestingly enough, I find the upcoming rework to have an actually simpler kit that's heavy on depth of play. Again, this is somewhat different than what Mira is talking about, my example still has twitch play with the resets. But the same is true for stat sticks like Shyvana. Sure, I can hop on her and probably do okay, but nowhere near as well as I could do, simply because I don't understand the depth that her focus on the overall strategy of the game brings to the table.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVL4st0blGU
: Almost every damage mastery favors ranged
The way I see it, the best way to fix this would be to buff the base HP and/or Resistances of melees; It is pretty absurd that Caitlyn, who is arguably the safest champion in the game due to her range, has only approx. 60 less base HP than Illaoi, a champion whose main and potentially only available counterplay is her extremely limited range and susceptibility to kiting. I would be fine if many melees, especially tanks our juggernauts, had HP advantages of like 150-175% over ranged champions, especially since ranged champions are far above 150-175% safer in their damage dealing.
: > [{quoted}](name=phil701,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l4ZEYbAG,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2016-10-18T18:23:15.640+0000) > > But, he did... If you noticed he edited his post, as did I. My initial post was not on ranked play just as his did not state it was specifically on ranked play.
> [{quoted}](name=Deathmaster Kat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l4ZEYbAG,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-18T18:24:58.129+0000) > > If you noticed he edited his post, as did I. My initial post was not on ranked play just as his did not state it was specifically on ranked play. OK, Fair enough.
: > [{quoted}](name=phil701,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l4ZEYbAG,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2016-10-18T17:53:38.954+0000) > > That's what normals are for. > > That's what replay.gg is for. No one ever said smurfing was ranked, i did not intend my post to be ranked just as the op did not say it was for ranked.
> [{quoted}](name=Deathmaster Kat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l4ZEYbAG,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2016-10-18T17:59:23.913+0000) > > No one ever said smurfing was ranked, i did not intend my post to be ranked just as the op did not say it was for ranked. But, he did... >As a clarification, I'm referring to ranked play only.
: No. Smurfing is fine in certain circumstances. It is one thing to smurf to practice champions, builds, play with friends that are new, or even try to show an audience mistakes of lower elo plays vs higher elo. It is another to boost, be toxic for fun, and demoralize new players. If people are streaming a smurf account it might be for various reasons, if it is to boost or be toxic that is a different story. Edit: this was referring to normal play not ranked. but i dont care about downvotes so it's cool.
> smurf to practice champions, builds, play with friends that are new That's what normals are for. >to show an audience mistakes of lower elo plays vs higher elo. That's what replay.gg is for.
: All of this seems like a partial apology for a lot of things people disliked earlier this year. A lot of these have been in the works for a while over time too, they haven't been working 24/7 just for these changes.
> [{quoted}](name=SlayerTay6,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=eE1Tn1I6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-10-15T21:49:43.310+0000) > > All of this seems like a partial apology for a lot of things people disliked earlier this year. A lot of these have been in the works for a while over time too, they haven't been working 24/7 just for these changes. Yea, this is mostly to say that focus should be in balance and improvement for a while, not new stuff.
Rioter Comments
Xulsigae (NA)
: It's quality lore (in general). It's just based on a lie by Narrative about needing to get rid of the IoW unceremoniously.
> [{quoted}](name=Xulsigae,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jbxfMa9L,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-10-10T09:57:41.355+0000) > > It's quality lore (in general). It's just based on a lie by Narrative about needing to get rid of the IoW unceremoniously. Still don't know why they retconned it.
Dextix LT (EUNE)
: So, i have to look for it. Great! You know, when i play smite, i can actually read the lore of champions IN GAME! Full lore! I dont need to fuck around and travel extra for it. Maybe Riot should give their lore more accesabillity? Plus? Lore is not short? Dont make me laugh, lore after that fucking retcon is complete and utter shit. How long has it taken us? And how much do we know about Runnetera now? Almost nothing. Furthermore, beloved champions like pantheon now are some sort of space parasites (DAFUQ). There is lack of content, lack of clarity, lack of the universe (Because their retcon was the fucking shittiest and least creative thing those idiots at narrative could think of) and even, lack of quality and respect to the original material.
> [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jbxfMa9L,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-10-10T07:20:42.097+0000) > > So, i have to look for it. Great! You know, when i play smite, i can actually read the lore of champions IN GAME! Full lore! I dont need to fuck around and travel extra for it. > > Maybe Riot should give their lore more accesabillity? > > Plus? Lore is not short? Dont make me laugh, lore after that fucking retcon is complete and utter shit. How long has it taken us? And how much do we know about Runnetera now? Almost nothing. Furthermore, beloved champions like pantheon now are some sort of space parasites (DAFUQ). > > There is lack of content, lack of clarity, lack of the universe (Because their retcon was the fucking shittiest and least creative thing those idiots at narrative could think of) and even, lack of quality and respect to the original material. The lore is too unaccessible, we all know that. However, I do have several other issues with your comment. We actually know alot about Runeterra, as the continent as a whole is pretty generic high fantasy and thus not extremely hard to fill in ourselves. Plus, as I said in another reply, the lore is often kept intentionally vague so as to leave room for new champions that are not only unique, but surprising. Calling the lore and its updates/retcons "the fucking shittiest and least creative thing those idiots at narrative could think of" is blatant opinion and should be qualified as such. Since you brought up Riot's narrative department, let's talk about them. The main goal of the narrative team is not to create a fully fleshed out world or an epic story. Their job is to make a lore that is exciting, unique for each champion, and is reflected in said champion's gameplay (e.g. Gangplank, a controlling and demanding pirate tyrant that controls the lane with his barrels). One lore correction. Pantheon is an incarnation of a god, and has nothing to do with space or parasites. I'm tempted to assume the fact that you didn't know that proves your unwillingness to look at the lore, and thus why you declared it "the fucking shittiest and least creative thing those idiots at narrative could think of".
: If you're going to make it a question of access, then it seems Riot needs to do a better job of making their supplementary lore content more accessible. A lot of these lore pieces are one-off promo events that are discarded and difficult to find after the event. How would newer players or people just getting interested in the lore even learn about it or realize it exist? Compare this to the Overwatch website by Blizzard https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/media/ They keep all their media on one page. This includes film shorts, comics... it's an easy to use Netflix-like binge material for people who are interested in the expanded Overwatch universe. Or Team Fortress 2 by Valve http://www.teamfortress.com/ This webpage has all of the movies, comics, and even a history tab conveniently located on the FRONT PAGE so people can easily access this lore. Compare this to the League of Legends Website http://na.leagueoflegends.com/ You'll see a bunch of esports updates, tabs for 'Game Info', 'News', 'Esports', 'Boards', 'College', 'Merchandise', and 'Support'. Even if you click on the 'Game Info' tab, all you'll see is a bunch of basic, beginner stuff on the (retconned) Summoner's Code, and a bunch of stuff about the Field of Justice... basically this is still pre-Retcon after TWO YEARS. So how can one even find all this expanded universe stuff like Burning Tides, Bloodline, etc... if they don't know they're looking for it? tl:dr - Riot's lore is not that good because it's not as easily accessible as other franchises.
Another way to make the lore more accessible would be to incorporate it into the client, either through links or just copy-pasting it directly into it.
Anidan (NA)
: You know, when I think of comprehensive lore, I imagine more than 6 short stories. Even after reading all of them, I still don't feel like I know much about how the city-states actually mingle with each other, and I only know part of how those places deal with their own people. Compare that to fully-realized worlds/universes and we can see that, yes, it's still very short and paints a very small image. It's like a map that the cartographer has started on, but not finished. While it's mostly well-written and paints a lot of potential in your head, until that potential is fully realized and brings everyone and everything else up to standard, there's still not much of it and there are still holes. Plus what Darrosh said about accessibility still holds true. There is no centralization of all of the lore after 2 years. That's not the lore's fault, granted, but it does aid the perception of there being even less lore than the scant lore that does exist.
> [{quoted}](name=Anidan,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jbxfMa9L,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-10-10T01:48:53.431+0000) > > You know, when I think of comprehensive lore, I imagine more than 6 short stories. Even after reading all of them, I still don't feel like I know much about how the city-states actually mingle with each other, and I only know part of how those places deal with their own people. Compare that to fully-realized worlds/universes and we can see that, yes, it's still very short and paints a very small image. It's like a map that the cartographer has started on, but not finished. While it's mostly well-written and paints a lot of potential in your head, until that potential is fully realized and brings everyone and everything else up to standard, there's still not much of it and there are still holes. > > Plus what Darrosh said about accessibility still holds true. There is no centralization of all of the lore after 2 years. That's not the lore's fault, granted, but it does aid the perception of there being even less lore than the scant lore that does exist. I definitely see what you mean, especially about accessibility. As for your first, point, my inner worldbuilder wants to immediately blame Riot. However, there is something to be said for keeping lore vague and seemingly "unfinished", as it makes room for many new and interesting ideas to come.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Combien your top two mastery champions into one champion.
phil701 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-09-26T19:04:35.581+0000) > > no, im not "tilted". im very relaxed actually. i might seem aggressive in my wording, but it's just how i type. so whatever it is that is making you feel that im upset try to suppress that feeling. i promise you im not. 1. Dude I dont care if you are passed out on acid. If you "type aggressively," that mean you are aggressive for all intents and purposes. 2. I'm confused on how using basic inductive reasoning to compare the words you said to a tilted person's, finding them similar, and deducing that you are tilted is a "feeling." It's the opposite. It's Logic.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001000000000008,timestamp=2016-09-27T17:27:58.336+0000) > > before i say anything you commented incorrectly. you replied to someone else. in fact you replied to yourself not me. > > > 1. you're comparing being a dick to being a dick. that's not the same thing as to what you were comparing earlier. your logic is flawed. the correct comparison would be that you're talking in a new jersey accent to a friend of yours and a texan looks at you and says you're being a dick vs just being a dick. you read my writing and made an assumption on it based on your opinions about me vs my actual state of mind that i control. not the same thing. > > > 2. you dont base logic on observation. you base logic on fact. in the scientific method which i think is being taught in 4th grade now observation comes first followed by a a hypothesis. the hypothesis is put under scrutiny by way of experimentation. the results are then compared and a theory is formed. that theory is then put under scrutiny by many many many more experiments to remove any and all possible hyperbolic instances that may have been caused by misuse of information or outlier scenarios. if for whatever reason the theory always holds true then it is confirmed as a law of reality. you base logic on laws of reality not on observations otherwise you end up confusing reality with fiction. if you're basing your version of logic on observation it's no wonder your logic is flawed. Before I say anything, is it Red Herring hour around here or something? If so, I'd like to know if your shift key is broken, as a little capitalization would be nice. 1. Let's look at this through a hypothetical. Because this is the internet, let's use Hitler okay? Let's pretend that Hitler was actually a super nice guy. Loved everyone, wanted to give everyone flowers, whatever. Doesn't matter does it? Still killed millions. I don't give a shit what he, or you, feel deep down inside. To everyone else, you are being a douche. You could be the reincarnation of fucking Mother Teresa, but if you rage at people, it means nothing. 2. I really have to thank for your #2. You argued my side for me. You took the time to write a paragraph describing how simple observations go through a long process to eventually become Laws of Reality. 100% correct. You then state that Logic is, in turn, based off of these Laws of Reality. Again, I took a Logic class, I know this is true. You then use this as evidence to try and prove that Logic ISN'T based on observations? Excuse Me? I'll use an analogy I learned in said previously mentioned class. These Laws of Reality, theories proven true, are like a house. Observations are the foundations of the house. By themselves, these observations mean nothing; given the right support, however, they become proven facts. Then, later, Logic and its propositions, arguments and syllogisms, are built off of these Laws of Reality. Because the Laws stem off of the observations, and Logic stems off of the Laws, you can trace Logic all the way down to its roots in observation. Without Observation, the house falls, Logic and Laws. Let's analyze this with a simple truth table. Let P be Observations Let Q be Laws of Reality Let R be Logic Based of off the descriptions given by the both of us: If P then Q If Q then R Then, using a simple law of validity, we can conclude: If P then R If Observation, then Logic. Let's pretend those observations are taken way. We negate P. If P then Q If Q then R Again, If P then R Then if we say: Not P We can Logically conlcude: Not R Simple Logic. Without Observation, there is no Logic. I apologize to all those who had to scroll through that fucking essay.
phil701 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-09-26T19:04:35.581+0000) > > no, im not "tilted". im very relaxed actually. i might seem aggressive in my wording, but it's just how i type. so whatever it is that is making you feel that im upset try to suppress that feeling. i promise you im not. 1. Dude I dont care if you are passed out on acid. If you "type aggressively," that mean you are aggressive for all intents and purposes. 2. I'm confused on how using basic inductive reasoning to compare the words you said to a tilted person's, finding them similar, and deducing that you are tilted is a "feeling." It's the opposite. It's Logic.
> [{quoted}](name=DeathBot666,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001000000000003,timestamp=2016-09-26T23:20:37.296+0000) > > Logic... > > I think your playing the wrong game here pal. Apparently.
phil701 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-09-26T19:04:35.581+0000) > > no, im not "tilted". im very relaxed actually. i might seem aggressive in my wording, but it's just how i type. so whatever it is that is making you feel that im upset try to suppress that feeling. i promise you im not. 1. Dude I dont care if you are passed out on acid. If you "type aggressively," that mean you are aggressive for all intents and purposes. 2. I'm confused on how using basic inductive reasoning to compare the words you said to a tilted person's, finding them similar, and deducing that you are tilted is a "feeling." It's the opposite. It's Logic.
> [{quoted}](name=Pr3cision,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001000000000004,timestamp=2016-09-27T00:57:56.493+0000) > > is a group of hundred crows really called a murder? if so thats great, could use that to fuck with people while still saying that im right. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/a-murder-of-crows-crow-facts/5965/
phil701 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-09-26T19:04:35.581+0000) > > no, im not "tilted". im very relaxed actually. i might seem aggressive in my wording, but it's just how i type. so whatever it is that is making you feel that im upset try to suppress that feeling. i promise you im not. 1. Dude I dont care if you are passed out on acid. If you "type aggressively," that mean you are aggressive for all intents and purposes. 2. I'm confused on how using basic inductive reasoning to compare the words you said to a tilted person's, finding them similar, and deducing that you are tilted is a "feeling." It's the opposite. It's Logic.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-09-26T19:34:31.653+0000) > > because typing is a lot like a dialect or accent if you're not using 100% proper english all the time to convey your words. > > it's not logic. it's assumption based on observation. logic is a bit different. > > log·ic1 > [ˈläjik] > NOUN > > reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity: > > > in other words it's a bit more strict than just assuming. 1. I'm confused about your counter-argument here. Is this supposed to refute my point? If I'm being a dick with a Jersey accent, a Texan will still get pissed off. 2. Ok. You are right. It is assumption based off of observation. You know what else is? LOGIC. The whole idea of Logic is based off of observed assumptions. Logic is seeing a whole murder of 100's of crows and seeing that they are all black. Thus, Logic dictates that you ASSUME all crows are black, based on what you OBSERVED.
: no, im not "tilted". im very relaxed actually. i might seem aggressive in my wording, but it's just how i type. so whatever it is that is making you feel that im upset try to suppress that feeling. i promise you im not.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-09-26T19:04:35.581+0000) > > no, im not "tilted". im very relaxed actually. i might seem aggressive in my wording, but it's just how i type. so whatever it is that is making you feel that im upset try to suppress that feeling. i promise you im not. 1. Dude I dont care if you are passed out on acid. If you "type aggressively," that mean you are aggressive for all intents and purposes. 2. I'm confused on how using basic inductive reasoning to compare the words you said to a tilted person's, finding them similar, and deducing that you are tilted is a "feeling." It's the opposite. It's Logic.
: no. not one bit actually. what makes you say that?
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ETueFxYW,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-09-26T17:46:25.077+0000) > > no. not one bit actually. what makes you say that? You are tilted about others being tilted.
Show more

phil701

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion