: As far as I know. It is banneable in the notion that borrowing accounts is used to elo boost; which clearly he did not do.
> [{quoted}](name=MainDashNA,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=NwNtjHMy,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-24T06:19:29.016+0000) > > As far as I know. It is banneable in the notion that borrowing accounts is used to elo boost; which clearly he did not do. This was also like...when Kai'sa was first released, which was a while ago. I have since changed my account info and the guy I did that with I did specifically so he could finish the grind for Kai'sa for me bc I was dealing with some personal/emotional problems that kept me away. As for the arcade event which is what I focus on the most, I wanted that skin not bc it's prestige but bc it's Caitlyn. Lemme explain why. You know how people have "that" champion? The champ that they pour their heart and soul into bc they love the champion? The champ that they would gladly buy every skin for? The champ they have as their profile background? Welll, Cait was "That" champ for me. She was my first ever main, and she holds an extremely close place in my heart and I can't help but main her bc she's my favorite champ by far and a way. But...life takes priority over video games. I was spending upwards of 9-10 hours every day working at a fast food joint where the hours were grueling, and the pay was awful (minimum wage). I worked my ass off like that bc I needed money to pay for my classes, since the only financial support my parents are giving me is a place to stay while I'm not in a dorm. I was already staying up until 2/3/4 in the morning just to play League with my friends during the arcade event. I didn't have the ability to grind for that skin, I couldn't have without putting my physical health in jeopardy or losing a significant portion of my paycheck, which is money I need. But I budget my funds so that I can have enough to spend for myself every pay cycle, I would have banked my money if it meant I could afford Arcade Cait. I just couldn't. I am currently sitting on 82 prestige points hoping they change their mind on this chance applying retroactively so I can pull the trigger on the last 18 that I'd need to buy a prestige skin. I'm not asking for sympathy or a "sucks to be you". I'm asking that Riot consider more than just the people who should consider themselves lucky they had the freedom to grind out for that skin.
: I have a full time job AND go to school. So sick and tired of you people who throw out the "oh some of us have lives" excuse. I have a life. I likely work more hours a week than you, yet i still someone manage to get several games in a night and farm tokens. And yeah, sucks to be you, I have the Akali skin and love it.
> [{quoted}](name=xox BaByDoLL xox,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=NwNtjHMy,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-09-23T22:41:37.440+0000) > > I have a full time job AND go to school. So sick and tired of you people who throw out the "oh some of us have lives" excuse. > I have a life. > I likely work more hours a week than you, yet i still someone manage to get several games in a night and farm tokens. > > And yeah, sucks to be you, I have the Akali skin and love it. Did you work 45+ hours every week before you started school? Does the time you spend at school span anywhere from 6-12 hours a day?
: I believe the idea of the prestige edition is a reward to those willing AND able to dedicate time to the game, as unfortunate as your situation is. What you wish for is being able to buy into something unique for those that give both time and money for it. There's a value to the limited time of getting the event skins that's lost if you can just cash in some other time, compared to those that put in the grind on time. Just a personal input, no intention to burn your post down, i feel for ya.
> [{quoted}](name=NewMattIsntFunny,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=NwNtjHMy,comment-id=00080004,timestamp=2019-09-23T19:24:40.501+0000) > > I believe the idea of the prestige edition is a reward to those willing AND able to dedicate time to the game, as unfortunate as your situation is. What you wish for is being able to buy into something unique for those that give both time and money for it. There's a value to the limited time of getting the event skins that's lost if you can just cash in some other time, compared to those that put in the grind on time. Just a personal input, no intention to burn your post down, i feel for ya. Yeah and they are very lucky to have the liberty to spend the time to be able to dedicate that time. Unless I put my physical health in jeopardy I could NOT grind And I do not have the money to buy every single token. I budget out a few bucks every paycheck for myself and would have happily devoted that to buying arcade Caitlyn, but I can't bc of this and it doesn't feel fair. Some people bought the pass and grinded for the skin just bc it's a prestige skin. For me, I wanted that skin bc it's Caitlyn, not bc it's a prestige skin. I love Caitlyn and not being able to fully express my passion for the character bc of this Decision feels awful
: Someone oughtta tell him the definition of hyper carry
Nah. Jinx and Caitlyn are way stronger than Kai'sa is in soloq and low elo. Both Jinx and Cait have stronger earlies and scale hard.
: > [{quoted}](name=purp0se,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=NwNtjHMy,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-09-23T16:55:42.850+0000) > > Even as someone who's grinded tokens for multiple events, I have no issue with people being able to buy prestige skins for events they missed or simply didn't have the time to invest into. This is especially the case if the person missed an event for their main champion and then either paid or grinded for 100 prestige tokens in the hopes of being able to buy the skin at the end of the year. It's a terrible decision to not apply these changes retroactively. That is why they are changing the rules for 2020. However for 2019 rules were different and announced beforehand and I respect that they are keeping their word instead of chasing more money. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=Stupid Idea,realm=EUW,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=NwNtjHMy,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2019-09-23T16:59:41.391+0000) > > That is why they are changing the rules for 2020. However for 2019 rules were different and announced beforehand and I respect that they are keeping their word instead of chasing more money. > {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} And that is 100% unfair to everyone else who had a life.
Kyhun (NA)
: You actually can pay for the skins. It’s expensive but buying loot bundles gives you event tokens, so you could farm as much as you can and buy the rest of the tokens. But it is pretty expensive.
> [{quoted}](name=Kyhun,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=NwNtjHMy,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-09-23T17:10:23.891+0000) > > You actually can pay for the skins. It’s expensive but buying loot bundles gives you event tokens, so you could farm as much as you can and buy the rest of the tokens. But it is pretty expensive. Worst of both worlds in my scenario. I didnt have the money to cover the whole thing and would have needed to grind out a ton of tokens, which I couldn't do.
AlexRuiz (NA)
: Should've paid for it then eh?
Prestige Caitlyn was an event skin. You had to buy the pass and get the tokens. Which I would have done if I wasn't working 45+ hours every week to try and scrounge up money to pay for my classes. If I had the time to grind for the tokens I most certainly would have. But I didn't, and I would have given my account info to a friend who did, but last friend I gave my account info to ended up buying Yasuo and Aatrox and wasted all my BE so I had to hop back on the grind for Kai'sa. My point is that I understand people worked for these skins under the assumption that this was the only way to get them, but why should that matter? They got it earlier than anyone else and they got a border to flavor it up with. Yes they worked for it but they chose to do that and it's amazing that they had the liberty to do so. Other people who wanted those skins have more in their life than just this game and it feels like a spit in the face to essentially be told to fuck off bc I wasn't available at the right time.
: Prestige Updates
Downvote me at your leisure but it's stupid that this change won't apply retroactively. I worked a full time job during the arcade event and now I have anywher from 6-12+ hours of college a day and 5 hours of work per day. I don't have the time to physically play the game so I couldn't get prestige Caitlyn, but I would have gladly paid for the skin. If she was in the prestige shop I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I understand others worked for the skin, but some of us who wanted the skin would have gladly worked for it, but had an actual life that kept us away from it.
Wendígo (NA)
: > **These changes won't retroactively apply to Event Prestige skins** released during 2018 and 2019. Players who unlocked those skins did so with the expectation that event tokens would be the only way to get them, and we wanted to respect those players' investments.< its even bolded
Which is kinda shitty. Yes people worked for those skins under the assumption that tokens were the only way, but not everyone has the ability to spend time getting a prestige skin and they'll miss it. Those people that got the skins got it without needing to spend money outside the pass, I'd gladly spend extra money for something like Prestige Arcade Caitlyn than someone who bought the pass and work d for it, but to be completely cut off from it is unfair.
: yeah except when she was reworked they explicitly said that her ult was not intended to be a guaranteed kill. https://youtu.be/ep_U4U6YW4E?t=175
They didn't say it was not intended to be a guaranteed kill. All they said was that just bc the marker is there doesn't mean that someone is gonna die. The buff just makes her more powerful against non Squishies.
: > [{quoted}](name=pickcollins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dE5EhlLu,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-28T20:40:59.319+0000) > > Banning champs that ur allies declare saved my ass from Draven support. I don't feel sorry that I did it at all and I don't feel sorry for someone who has their champ banned if it looks like a troll pick I mean that's what dodging is for. Chances are if he's playing draven supp he won't be a good support anyways. It's pretty annoying to be a onetrick and to have your one champ banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Totallynotabot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dE5EhlLu,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-28T20:50:16.394+0000) > > I mean that's what dodging is for. Chances are if he's playing draven supp he won't be a good support anyways. It's pretty annoying to be a onetrick and to have your one champ banned. I've dodged one lobby and that's bc my friend in his promos was about to get trolled and I'd rather take the LP hit and move on than take the LP hit and a griefing teammate (especially since I had locked in Fiora not Camille, so I wasn't 100% confident in my ability to carry). I shouldn't have to dodge and take a smack in the LP bc I didn't wanna deal with a troll. If I wanna ban Soraka bc our Jungler saw NB3 do it and thinks it's a good idea, I shouldn't be called a trolling fuckwad for doing so.
: > [{quoted}](name=GamerForLifee,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2tgyELL1,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-08T18:28:11.010+0000) > > I ask them for simple info because I feel like nothing has change, yet they refuse to even reply and just close the ticket > > https://imgur.com/K6aizYO Support... cant even fix my account. they are damn blind. they don't read. and don't help anybody unless your a fucking money pit.
> [{quoted}](name=AramSlayer,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2tgyELL1,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-09T01:03:33.810+0000) > > Support... cant even fix my account. > > they are damn blind. > they don't read. > and don't help anybody unless your a fucking money pit. That's not true at all. They helped me when I sent in a support ticket and they actually treated me like a person instead of some other companies I've had to send support tickets to
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Could you not, Riot?
Riot has said they're gonna be rly cautious with how they handle Cait this time around due to her ability to suck the air out of the botlane meta if she's too good. Riven I honestly don't understand. She seems fine after her nerf.
Divin1ty (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zrFxH1pj,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T19:02:08.752+0000) > > Nope. > > There's bot lane AHHAHAHAHAHA. You mean the lane that gets treated **instantly** when ADC Mains cry out? What about Mages and Bruisers being viable bot? Nope, patched out in two weeks. What, IBG Viktor ruining Toplane? No, that's diverse, prolongs to stay there for four fucking months. Don't get me started on the Reigns of Terror, coming from Gnar, Kennen, Quinn and Riven.
> [{quoted}](name=Divin1ty,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zrFxH1pj,comment-id=0003000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-30T19:06:26.554+0000) > > AHHAHAHAHAHA. > You mean the lane that gets treated **instantly** when ADC Mains cry out? > What about Mages and Bruisers being viable bot? > Nope, patched out in two weeks. > > What, IBG Viktor ruining Toplane? No, that's diverse, prolongs to stay there for four fucking months. > Don't get me started on the Reigns of Terror, coming from Gnar, Kennen, Quinn and Riven. That's probably bc ADCs are only viable botlane. Everyone else is viable in another spot. If we saw ADCs in mid or toplane, there's a problem. Let them have botlane.
: Dang Lux immediately gets a buff. I thought she was fine. Also Riven probably needs more nerfs because of how well she can abuse a bunch of items such as {{item:3812}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3161}} .
If I'm not mistaken Riven was like...barely over the threshold for what is considered OP so giant nerfs aren't necessary.
Warix3 (EUW)
: Disable option to ban picks from your teammates
Yeah I don't feel sympathy for anyone running something like Sona Jungle or Draven support getting their champ banned. Sorry
: The fact that a teammate can ban another teammate's hovered champion just promotes more toxicity and the fact that people are still allowed to do it is just poor management. Legit lost more games due to people trolling in champion select than people afk in my games.
> [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dE5EhlLu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-28T13:31:31.358+0000) > > The fact that a teammate can ban another teammate's hovered champion just promotes more toxicity and the fact that people are still allowed to do it is just poor management. > > Legit lost more games due to people trolling in champion select than people afk in my games. Banning champs that ur allies declare saved my ass from Draven support. I don't feel sorry that I did it at all and I don't feel sorry for someone who has their champ banned if it looks like a troll pick
: If you look at the message that was sent to you, your post was *not* removed because Riot didn't like it. In fact, Riot employees remove *very* few posts: the moderation team is entirely volunteer-based. If we removed posts we *didn't* like the boards would look very different than they do now, but that's not a thing we ever plan to start going. We only remove posts that violate the rules. The reason your post was removed is because *you were encouraging players to troll their teams until Riot removed Autofill.* That's a direction violation of the **Universal Rules**.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M09slA58,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-07-25T14:38:34.704+0000) > > If you look at the message that was sent to you, your post was *not* removed because Riot didn't like it. In fact, Riot employees remove *very* few posts: the moderation team is entirely volunteer-based. If we removed posts we *didn't* like the boards would look very different than they do now, but that's not a thing we ever plan to start going. We only remove posts that violate the rules. > > The reason your post was removed is because *you were encouraging players to troll their teams until Riot removed Autofill.* That's a direction violation of the **Universal Rules**. Imagine getting shut down by a Herald
: He’s so highly gated by his resource that he has a hard time transitioning to late game where they don’t just let him smack minions until he has 50-100 fury to do something. Aka he mainly does something when his R is up.
Highly Gated lmao. He builds it quick af
: Wtf is this Renekton buff
Whether this buff was on Renekton or no, instant shield shatters don't belong in this game. Increased shield damage yes, but shield shatter? No. It's just insult to injury that they put it on Renekton, who gives his lane opponents brain aneurysms bc he autowins by existing
: The reason Ahri usually has a higher winrate is because she's popular and easy to play. She's a generalist, able to do a lot of things but not being the best at anything. When her winrate dips, it's usually because she's actually bad. Her numbers aren't high and her scaling is fairly low. The biggest thing she has is that she's got good range and is usually safe when she has ult.
> [{quoted}](name=Ionian Vulpix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ThssZX5E,comment-id=00360001,timestamp=2019-07-12T11:09:02.120+0000) > > The reason Ahri usually has a higher winrate is because she's popular and easy to play. She's a generalist, able to do a lot of things but not being the best at anything. When her winrate dips, it's usually because she's actually bad. Her numbers aren't high and her scaling is fairly low. The biggest thing she has is that she's got good range and is usually safe when she has ult. Yeah someone remind me why an AP burst mage assassin has as much range as her?
: Fairly weak champ with limited impact in the mid to late game w/out a massive lead. The buffs don't change his jarring weaknesses (kitability/flash reliance/medium to long cool downs/telegraphed trading patterns). The changes are nice at helping him dominate the side lane for maybe a few to several more minutes of game time but is a bit weaker in assisting his early laning. WR is heavily indicative of champion performance. Not considering the "fun factor". But I personally don't find his trading pattern that toxic (UNTIL he gets spear which is a separate design discussion). If you really look at the numbers, the empowered healing cap early on is quite low (50 more hp), but scales decently to an increase of 150 before any additional modifiers (spirit visage/DD's/etc). I think it's honestly fair to give him this tad bit more survivability/sustain in such a damage heavy meta especially for those late game teamfights. It's a relatively healthy buff that doesn't actually contribute more damage to the game. HEALING VS CHAMPIONS :: 9/13.5/18/22.5/27 >>> 12/18/24/30/36 EMPOWERED HEALING VS CHAMPIONS :: 27/40.5/54/67.5/81 >>> 36/54/72/90/108 EMPOWERED HEALING CAP :: 150/225/300/375/450 >>> 200/300/400/500/600
Kitability?! KITABILITY?? No champ with a 2 part dash is fucking kitable.
: Nothing feels worse than loving a champion who isn't on Riot's favorite list
Yeah God forbid Ahris winrate not be above 52% for like the trillionth season in a row
Teh Song (NA)
: The thing about Tryndamere is that as long as his ult is what it is, there will never stop being complaints about him. Anti-death mechanics like that are just incredibly unfun. Un-death mechanics can be fine, which is why we almost never see complaints about Aatrox or Anivia, but anti-death things are just terribad. So what Tryn needs is a rework where he no longer has an ability that pisses people off regardless of where he falls on the scale of balance
Aatrox R and Anivia's passive is counterable. Anivia's is a stasis that you can prevent. Aatrox's requires him to get a kill. You literally CANNOT do anything against Trynd's ult except CC chain him for 5 seconds, which takes coordination that nobody outside of premades/pro players have
: Yeah, cuz if the enemy snipes and bans both Irelia and Jax, he can just pick Trynd and still get the same shit out of him like he would with those two + 5 seconds of not dying on top + free combat crit chance + massive damage resetable spin.
Irelia can be difficult to kill but at least she isn't fucking IMPOSSIBLE to kill
SEKAI (OCE)
: #Tryndamere wouldn't be a problem nearly as big as he is if he can't ulti through all CCs in the universe. You have ONE JOB, Riot. You know what to do.
This. If they aren't gonna rework him, then this one nerf would be fine. Let CC prevent him from ulting
Soulave (NA)
: to be honest. that fiora must have been bad. fiora is a kiting queen, and has a button that literally says "lol fuck your damage", while also having a REALLY strong heal attached to her ult. if she was getting killed under tower by a trynd with 80 cs less than her, that's called playing like absolute garbage.
That button lasts .75 seconds. Her heal is contingent on hitting ALL 4 SIDES of a champ or killing them beforehand. You clearly don't play much Fiora
: tryndamere's primary methods were mostly copies of the marksmen playstyle BECAUSE they used the same items the benefits they got from items, he got as well. His Q is useful for sustain in lane, but it was always a lot easier to stop a melee with crowd control than something with 500 or 650 range with typically higher attack speed scaling and some even including huge attack speed boosts (tristana's goes up to 110%) so, try to compare a tryndamere with 1.0 attack speed to heal 200 to 500 health per hit at 125 range unless he commits to a dive: against someone with the largest auto attack range and high attack speed doing the same RNG is complaint-worthy. My favorite example to use for Zoe is that it's POSSIBLE for her to get to use 3 ignites in a row, doing EXCESSIVE amounts of damage because they are all unique instances of damage without penalties, even that though is the least complaint-worthy part about her. What really sets her apart is the rules and rulings that she breaks that other champions follow: such as, being limited to two summoner spells on long cooldowns(quite literally so powerful that their cooldowns are 10 times that of ability cooldowns or more), nidalee nerfed heavily in the past for being an artillery mage on one ability that could be excessively powerful and I think there were more instances but I forget for now one of the main problems for now is that due to Runes Reforged, champions get too much of damage and stats for free. Tryndamere can get that 110% bonus attack speed that tristana used to get and tristana can get a double dose if she wants it
Trynd has been a problematic design child since the old runes and masteries. I remember bc back in season 6,5, and 3 when I played, NOBODY liked playing against Trynd. Trynds itemization is similar to ADCs yes, but he has more and better resources than ADCs have. Death immunity? Resourceless healing? A long AF dash? Dude if this crap existed on an ADC, or hell if it existed on IRELIA instead of Trynd the forums would have exploded with "OMG NERF IRELIA SHES SO BROKEN" But bc it's on Trynd everyone defends him. The stuff he has access to is 0 counterplay, RNG, and breaks the game on a mechanical level. Bc you can't outplay 35% crit chance at lvl1. You just can't. You either break even and MAYBE outtrade him if ur a champ that has a good lvl1 combo, or you get hit with one of the lvl1 RNG crits and die. Fuck I'd rather be against Darius at that point bc yeah he has a massive AD steroid at lvl1, but at least I know he's always gonna have that. With Trynd it's just "Oh okay he didn't crit me this time and now I gotta...WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY HEALTH BAR" Not to mention you can stab the shit out of him in lane and still lose bc of how problematic his kit is. Crushing him in CS? Congrats all he has to do is ult EW on top of you and then ur slowed, he's on top of you, and critting the hell out of you and unless ur one of the champs with 2 trillion dashes built in, have fun bc you aren't getting away, he gets the kill, and now he can build full damage bc his ult does all the "tanking" for him. As I said previously. Trynd has all the problems that justified the hatred of other champions until the lynch mobs got the gutting they wanted. Akali? Frustrating to kill. Trynd? IMPOSSIBLE to kill. Zoe? RNG at lvl1 on W. Trynd? RNG at lvl1 on Q. Akali? Resourceless healing. Trynd? Resourceless healing. look at that. It's almost as if he's a sloppily and lazily designed champion. It's like Hanzo from Overwatch before his rework. The design team was lazy making him and never decided to look back until people started bitching. Except what word have we gotten from Riot about a Trynd rework? Serious question bc I haven't heard anything about it
Mc Raton (NA)
: Okay Nerf or Rework Tryndamere, it's not funny anymore.
Trynd is literally the epitome of everything people hated about Zoe, ADCs, and other champs/archetypes the lynch mobs went after. RNG? Check. This was the same issue people had with ADCs who grabbed early game crit chance (I specifically recall "I hate how Johnny 1trick Caitlyn grabbed a cloak of agility and got lucky with three crits in a row and now I'm dead" flooding my Reddit notifications). This was/is also the same issue people had with Zoe. Resourceless healing? Check. See old Akali Q before Riot gutted her. They said resourceless sustain is not okay. Like lmao as if Trynd and Vlad don't exist? Ok then. No counterplay ultimate? Check. Not even CC can stop it. Splitpusher? Check. See inting Sion for more details on why this sucks. So someone tell me why reworking him ISN'T needed
: > [{quoted}](name=pickcollins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T8fXzkXh,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-04T02:17:40.756+0000) > > They need to find a new champ to consider balancing top lane around then never will happen the only other top laner that gets close to that treatment is darius if my memory recalls right.
So lemme see if I fully grasp this. The elo win machine and the migraine top lane bully are what they consider top lane balanced around? Bruh I'd rather they bring back true stealth than buff Renekton
: > [{quoted}](name=Ðownright Darius,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T8fXzkXh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-03T05:42:43.635+0000) > > Why does renekton even need buffs? He's already top tier hes the champ riot considers that balances top lane if renk isnt early game god in riots book they think something's wrong and the fix is buff renk or not to buff renk :^)
They need to find a new champ to consider balancing top lane around then
: Renekton's shield-breaking W is basically a giant "fuck you"
The issue I take with this change is that it's a mechanic that was tested and then removed bc it was seen as too strong, and then lazily thrown back on bc they wanted to nerf {{champion:223}} and {{champion:99}} . But they nerfed those Shields and made them less impactful, so why continue to stomp on it? The other issue I take is that this has a ripple effect that's gonna hurt more than just Lux and Kench and THAT is gonna cause some problems across the board. For example {{champion:164}} has a shield that pretty much allows her to not get destroyed early game, yet this new Renekton buff is just gonna force her to ban him (and since usually you wanna ban {{champion:78}} or {{champion:86}} , it makes life as Camille much harder.). I don't think anyone is gonna say Camille was in any need of a nerf, be it direct or indirect considering she's been thrown out of jungle and clings to life in top lane. Her top lane needed left alone, not nerfed. Another example is {{champion:254}} . Her shield is kinda similar to Camille's except it's just a general shield not one that changes based on enemy damage type. She still suffers the same thing that Camille now has to face. Ban {{champion:58}} or pray to God he isn't picked bc you banned one of your OTHER counters. Or does anyone wanna talk about how rough playing {{champion:25}} as a support is gonna be now? How about {{champion:40}} who probably got hit the worst with this change? Janna specifically lives and dies by her shield. If a champ can just point and click delete it, what value does she bring? A slow and a predictable knockup? Congrats you can play a mid lane mage as a support and suddenly have more utility than Janna against Renekton now. I'm not even done here. {{summoner:21}} is seen as a counter against {{summoner:14}} . Are we suddenly gonna see {{champion:58}} with {{summoner:14}} festering in top lane bc now it has no counter? What about {{item:3156}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3040}} ? Two of these items are good ADC items so are they just double fucked by this? Now Janna is worthless against Renekton and the defensive options they spent to counter him are now too? What about {{champion:98}} and his ultimate? That shield is gonna be useless too. This was a mistake to put on any champ, let alone Renekton who is about the most aneurysm inducing top laner to play against to begin with.
: Why is my champion whose only function is to output high levels of nigh unavoidable damage not strong at all stages of the game? Why do I even have to move and not just stay still turret mode to kill people? BabyRage
> [{quoted}](name=Jinzo Torrance,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EZOoq2HG,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-07-01T04:06:04.957+0000) > > Why is my champion whose only function is to output high levels of nigh unavoidable damage not strong at all stages of the game? Why do I even have to move and not just stay still turret mode to kill people? > BabyRage Which Jinx hurt your feelings?
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: Aiming a skill shot to burst is much better than being right clicked to death.
You and everyone who says this is full of shit. You know how I know that? Bc 90% of the people who said shit like this whined their ever loving asses off when Zoe was meta.
: I cant wait riot to see them fix him asap while other champs with just as gamebreaking bugs have yet to be fixed.
: When will Riot nerf Trinity Force?
Camille main here: do not nerf tri force just bc of champs who abuse it
: > [{quoted}](name=pickcollins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HE5QZwEr,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-11T11:50:19.644+0000) > > Can an ADCarry melt towers and dish out extreme DPS from a huge gold deficit if played well, protected, and untouched? > Yes. > > This is how you know someone has never played ADC. Most ADCs already suffer from pathetic early games for any particular reason and if they don't get fed in their weakest point in time, they'll either be anywhere from mediocre to useless for the rest of the game. Caitlyn is good early game. One of the best ADCs actually
Ok where to begin. "Can an ADC dish out extreme damage when behind" no. Play an ADC and let the mid laner farm you for 10 minutes straight, then try to get back into the game. You're paper thin and going for so much as a caster minion will get your health bar disemboweled on the spot. If you've ever played Vayne, Jinx, Miss Fortune, Jhin, or Kai'sa you would understand that. "Caitlyn is good early game" Have you played the champ...like....at all? As someone who plays Caitlyn to the point where she's my #2 most played champ (gotta love Jinx tho), her early game hinges on her range. That's it. Her damage is pathetic, and so is her AS. Yes you can get the cheeky headshot in to help, but more often than not if they have an aggressive support, good luck. Especially if yours is a potato. Caitlyn doesn't do anything aside from fire a peashooter for the first few minutes of the game. If you close the gap on her to negate her range Advantage literally every ADC has the edge on her.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: Well, there are difference mages on what they would want if they had the options, but they don't, 90% of the time, mages buy the same items to one another. Why should AD champs have the benefit of having better options and the mages can't? Truth be told, if mages would be allowed more items to be more specific to the mage needs, power could be taken away from what they have now, as they don't need to feed into what all the mages want.
Bc there are 2 primarily blankets for mages. Battle mages (control/AOE/sustain damage like Morgana) and Burst assassin mages (like LeBlanc or Katarina) There are more than 2 blankets for ADCs. There are crit ADCs. AD casters. Ranged AD assassins. On hit ADCs. Mobile ADCs. Sniper ADCs. There are many champs that are hybrids (Caitlyn is a crit/sniper ADC. MF is an AD caster, etc.) And therefore more crit options are necessary. It's not like those zeal items are exclusively used by crit ADCs. One of the better items for Kai'sa, an on hit, is Hurricane. Vayne makes good use of PD. Etc.
: My thoughts on Brand buffs on Pbe and the champion as a faulty designed champ
The whole deal with support champions is that they are supposed to forgo damage for utility and be very team reliant. If you choose to play support, you are choosing to rely on your team for the damage output. That's why supports like {{champion:63}} and {{champion:143}} are so damn frustrating and flawed by design. Both of these champs do so much damage they hardly qualify as a support, yet neither of them are strong enough to force them as midlaners. And why is that? For {{champion:63}} people have already pointed out that his damage is better against clustered enemies (which bot lane has) and in midlane, he'd be dealing with enemies that can make quick work of him. Pushing him in the midlane role means he would need more single target damage, his AOE would need reduced, and he would need to be able to hold his own against oppressive early game champs. For {{champion:143}} her issues are, imo, even worse bc while she suffers from the same issues as {{champion:63}}, her overall damage output that she can deal requires setup. This is something that she can only be afforded if she isn't the focus, which in any non-solo lane, she won't be. Supports aren't designed to deal intense levels of damage. That's why you don't often see viable strategies that involve supports in mid or top lane unless that person is super off meta (like on-hit Lulu top or full AP Sona mid) or completely broken (Pyke mid). The "carry potential" that people argue every class should have is part of the reason we're in this issue of too much damage being in the game. Brand and Zyra speak to a larger problem, except it's only now when everyone is exhibiting the same problem that were finally talking about it
: > [{quoted}](name=Galaxyburstz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g6rrruRN,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-07T13:48:38.328+0000) > > So if someone in champ select says my PC keeps crashing, I'm lagging, I'm running it down mid, or my ping is so high right now for some reason I am not allowed to dodge but have to accept my fate and lose and then drop down to 68 LP if the it repeats twice > > I have heard many people say things like " Why can't I dodge in promos Riot? " but then realize that people would simply leave everytime they do not get over the top winrate teammates on their side to influence the outcome of the matches > > Simply asking for 1 permitted dodge that does not count as a loss if you enter your series / promos, give it a rank threshhold, a season restriction, test trial period, or a 10 ~ 12 minute queue time penalty > > I don't see any flaws in my logic, do you? the issue is that this then fosters the idea that it is ok to dodge a match it doesn't matter if it is permitted or not, people would abuse the system in some fashion how long would it take for that dodge to refresh so you can do so again with no consequence? or is it play based (x many matches gives you another dodge, limit 1 per player) this idea is heavily flawed, you would have people likely recruiting on the forums trying to find someone with a dodge for their matches as a "just in case" or worse, you'd have people trying to get money out of having a dodge "Oh I'll play in your game and use my dodge if needed, but it'll cost you y amount of money; and I want it upfront"
> [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g6rrruRN,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-05-07T19:01:22.966+0000) > > the issue is that this then fosters the idea that it is ok to dodge a match > > it doesn't matter if it is permitted or not, people would abuse the system in some fashion > > how long would it take for that dodge to refresh so you can do so again with no consequence? or is it play based (x many matches gives you another dodge, limit 1 per player) > > this idea is heavily flawed, you would have people likely recruiting on the forums trying to find someone with a dodge for their matches as a "just in case" > > or worse, you'd have people trying to get money out of having a dodge "Oh I'll play in your game and use my dodge if needed, but it'll cost you y amount of money; and I want it upfront" Idk about you dude but if I see a full AD Sona top lane or a Full AP Jhin jungle you bet ur ass I'm outta there. And I say that bc both of those have happened to me
: LOL, thats funny. Yea when your proven WRONG lets start talking about OTHER points rather than the points u tried to make and failed at. FACT: Riven has on par base HP and Regen as Garen and Mundo (see above) FACT: Riven is a Diver/Duelist FACT: Garen and Mundo are Juggernauts Now ask your self who should have more innate sustain and durability? a Diver/Duelist or a Juggernaut? Now seeing as comparing two different class abilities to each other is difficult, but lets not kid our selves by throwing in that Garen and Mundo have Regen passives without also including an AD scaling shield on Riven. And that Regen has Counter-play ability {{summoner:14}} , where as SHIELDS do not, OR that Garens is pretty low sustain until he is lvl 11, AND that it can be stopped by simply hitting him so its useless in fights, OR that Mundos other abilities have HP costs. So I think you will see that if you wanna get into this argument you will lose BADLY. lol
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JA6lw70w,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T19:26:31.298+0000) > > LOL, thats funny. > > Yea when your proven WRONG lets start talking about OTHER points rather than the points u tried to make and failed at. > > FACT: Riven has on par base HP and Regen as Garen and Mundo (see above) > FACT: Riven is a Diver/Duelist > FACT: Garen and Mundo are Juggernauts > > Now ask your self who should have more innate sustain and durability? a Diver/Duelist or a Juggernaut? > > Now seeing as comparing two different class abilities to each other is difficult, but lets not kid our selves by throwing in that Garen and Mundo have Regen passives without also including an AD scaling shield on Riven. And that Regen has Counter-play ability {{summoner:14}} , where as SHIELDS do not, OR that Garens is pretty low sustain until he is lvl 11, AND that it can be stopped by simply hitting him so its useless in fights, OR that Mundos other abilities have HP costs. > > So I think you will see that if you wanna get into this argument you will lose BADLY. lol Since when have HP costs for abilities, especially on Mundo, ever been significant enough to make a champion unsustainable in lane.
: Riot Games- "because blah blah blah she is under our line of OP and is only a Western Problem blah blah blah we don't have anybody on staff that actually plays Top so we don't know what the fuck we're doing blah blah blah Riven's one of the most popular champions blah blah need to sell skins blah blah Prestige Riven skin next blah blah"
I mean... according to the stats Riven IS a western problem. Just like Camille was an Eastern problem
: Riven "Nerfs" lol. Still a permaban for me chief cuz this ain't it.
Not saying these nerfs were enough bc they certainly weren't when you consider there were none of her core items changed. But do away with this mindset that if the nerfs don't absolutely gut the champion and leave them a sorry husk of their former self, then it isn't enough. Implying that you were looking forward to giant nerfs since she hasn't been nerfed since season 5 is just sad and childish behavior. Acting like a champ should be shredded bc you don't like them is counterintuitive to how the game needs to advance A lot of her problems that make her too good is bc of how strong Conqueror is on her and bc of how strong her core items are on her. Mechanically and inherently, there isn't much wrong with Riven, it is simply that what She needs to do, she has plenty of ways of doing it really well. That's why we didn't see crazy Vayne changes either, bc what she needed to do, there happened to be an item that let her do it.
Lewanor (NA)
: So we got Lux and Ezreal again in a big narrative skinline. Again.
Doing an Injustice to people who ship Ezreal and Taric.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tGOrsEZT,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-29T23:20:15.722+0000) > > Darius is just below S+ tier in Plat+ and is still considered S tier in Plat+. He is recommended by pro analysts, solo queue coaches you pay for, and "experts" as one of the best top laners to play at nearly every rank. All of this despite being the 5th most picked Top Laner while having a 24% ban rate. > > "One of the worst Top Laners" is a stupid statement. He is one of the worst toplaners right now, if you pay someone who tells you to pick him when tanks aren't meta, you should search sm1 else.
You aren't putting forth any kind of argument. Pandemic is telling you all these facts about Darius and you aren't making any argument about why s/he's wrong
LTK KoRo (EUW)
: no you misunderstood me, adcs have too many options. i think every zeal item outside of runaans should be removed, thanks. And then buff zeal AS by 5% (but not completed runaans ofc)
That's a horrible idea. The reason there are so many Zeal items is because there's a wide swath of ADCs that need different abilities. Vayne cant do anything with Runaans but can use PD and Shiv really well. Caitlyn wants RFC and usually PD but doesn't really like Shiv or Runaans. Kai'sa wants hurricane and PD but can't use RFC. It's not like every ADC has the same playstyle. That's like saying there should only be 1 Hydra or only one Hextech item.
: I feel Zed is not a problem but the whole concept of lethality and how the game revolves around it.
Lethality has been how it is before Zed's rework. Zed was considered anywhere from weak to balanced beforehand and now Riot is saying he's OP. If it existed before a character was OP and didn't change in the transition, then it isn't the reason. Zed is just OP
: "Stop dying" Yeah, sure, I'll get right on that. Where's the magic switch that I flip that allows me to 180 my gameplay so that I can pull off moves that would make Faker blush?
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lvouEAz2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-21T07:26:21.295+0000) > > "Stop dying" > > Yeah, sure, I'll get right on that. Where's the magic switch that I flip that allows me to 180 my gameplay so that I can pull off moves that would make Faker blush? Yeah I gotta agree with this statement here. Especially if ur in botlane considering a bad support is basically a caster minion and if ur ADC is behind they pretty much stop existing save for the occasional "an ally has been slain" voice you'll hear if they dare to try and farm
Dewritoes (EUW)
: Oh so another champion with three passives and a dash?
: > [{quoted}](name=Craft Zeppelin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xijhsXys,comment-id=0003000000000001000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T05:03:44.534+0000) > > Lmao it means nothing if the energy bar is back up to 100% in a less than 10 seconds. And you talk about maths? Full assassin items have only 55 AD. Then the enemy buys armor to counteract your lethality. > > Buys cheap-ass 2900g 55 AD item built for cheesing low level targets. Cries about it. Give me a break. > You picked a high-risk high-return champion and item path. It backfired. GG 10 energy per sec, Zed has 200 energy so that's 20 secs of him being able to do jack. My point is seekers is too efficient in which you get 45 armor and 35 AP for 1100 gold. It would be as if I bought triforce and couldn't kill someone who only had ninja tabis.
Yes bc you need 200 energy to do anything with Zed lmao
Show more

pickcollins

Level 107 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion