Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: That is just general strategy any solo can do. No one says you have to use every champion you buy. This game mode is always a solo game at the core.
> [{quoted}](name=JavelinJoe,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=2Lj4FdTd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-24T03:22:00.858+0000) > > That is just general strategy any solo can do. No one says you have to use every champion you buy. This game mode is always a solo game at the core. its not a general strategy when 3 ppl are working together to block certain builds. 2 ppl were going yordles in my game so the trio bought all the lulus veigars and gnars and left them on there bench. one even past up a draven with bt on to grab a tear lulu when he was going glacial. when one person does it its a strategy that may or may not pay off when 3 ppl are working together its cheating.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 10
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=k0OgvRkx,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-10-10T15:49:32.777+0000) > > Hi folks, > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > **Usual Disclaimers** > > These posts will often contain talk about future work we're doing, or planning to do, that isn't yet guaranteed to ship. The nature of the work could change or, depending on what we discover, projects mentioned may get delayed or even stopped. If you'd like to see a Tweet whenever a new one of these posts goes up: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler > > http://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/6.24.1/img/champion/Ziggs.png > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- > **Removal of the jungle funneling penalty** > > As mentioned when it was introduced one of our goals for preseason is to remove the jungle funneling penalty (Monster Hunter). That penalty was added to discourage funneling both jungle and lane farm onto one champion without interacting much in either position with the enemy. > > Our current belief is that two of the preseason changes should reduce the appeal of funneling enough we can remove Monster Hunter without an explicit replacement: > > * Bounty scaling - Bounties will now be scaling somewhat off minions/monsters killed, not only off champions killed. That means that focusing farm so heavily on one champ becomes a bigger risk, with greater payout for the enemy if they can shut them down, given better options against funnel strats. > * Barricade (temp name) gold - Being able to gain rewards from pushing on a tower even if you can't take it down entirely makes leaving a lane uncontested a higher price to pay. That also reduces the appeal of funneling play in most circumstances. > > We're still testing whether the combination of those two things should be enough. Looks hopeful so far though. > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- > **How popular are the different queues?** > > > Something I thought it would be good to share was a look at how popular the different queue types in LoL are, both from an overall perspective and looking at how they vary region to region. Chart below showing a % breakdown (hours played in each mode) in early September for a few regions with different habits. > > https://imgur.com/a/7ClMRFs > > Looking at the regions shown: > > * Overall - None of the regions, whether those shown here or the others not listed, is highly representative of the overall average. Every region has at least one queue in which they're noticeably divergent from average play rates. > * Korea - Korean players like solo queue a lot more than those from other regions, with low play in normals as a result. They play average amounts of ARAM, but have low interest in other modes compared to players elsewhere (e.g. Nexus Blitz or most RGMs we've run in the past). > * NA - NA Players play less Flex than almost every other region. They're bigger fans of non SR modes, with the most Nexus Blitz play of any region and nearly the most TT play (EUW has slightly more TT games). > * Brazil - Brazil's a newer region and so players there follow a couple of trends we see on newer servers, with more normal play and Co-op versus AI than average and less ARAM. > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- > **Some small item/rune changes in 8.21** > > We’ve got some small adjustments to a few items in 8.21, bit of context: > > * Essence Reaver - Cutting 200g off the cost as short term help. Might have something larger for it later in the year, want to make it a better regardless now though. > * Edge of Night - Cost reduction by 200g as well. No current plans for changing its functionality, think we’ve definitely got it overpriced though. > * Time Warp Tonic - We’re looking at different possible ways to nerf TWT, given the amount of health/mana restoration it’s offering is excessive. Current version in testing is a change where instead of offering increased duration and MS during the duration it instead gives some restoration up front, doesn’t change duration at all and still gives the movement speed. good afternoon meddler, I know this will probably go unanswered but I figured id ask anyway. I find as time passes mobility in kits account for less and less of the overall "power" assigned to champion kits. I feel the balance team does not take into account how much power dashes, invisibility, and the dashes while invisible actually bring to the table. I feel there are champs like rengar whos mobility are accounted for correctly.and then champs like talon akali Lucian fiora and even kaisa where its clearly not. even urgots mobility is a big part about him that makes him one of the few playable bruisers in the game. I understand u feel the need for flashy plays at the pro level but it just doesn't sit well with me that you feel dashing around takes skill and should be rewarded but proper positioning and flanking from a tank is not or landing long range skill shots as a mage is not.
iTaLenTZ (EUW)
: Just as expected: The Amumu buff did nothing for him and he is still a C-D tier jungler
He just needs his ult adjusted. Lower cd by 5 seconds per level and higher the base damage at slightly but mainly just for level 3. That or they need to add ratios back to w and ult and q
pryda022 (NA)
: So is saying kys now acceptable
Well he’s fired so looks like he was punished as he should have
Aneirin (OCE)
: You're saying people should be banned in game for comments they make on social media...
> [{quoted}](name=Aneirin,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jMFIvTRW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-07T02:51:02.857+0000) > > You're saying people should be banned in game for comments they make on social media... If an lcs player told someone to or a group of people on social media, your saying no consquences? We know that’s not true.
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: If Riot is just going to try to lay low, we need to go over their heads.
Normally I am against witch hunts to get people fired. But considering these snowflakes are the all time leaders in witch hunts and pc bullshit I am all for it. This daniel Klein douche should get a taste of his own medicine
Eedat (NA)
: Trolling? The article exposing the behind-the-scenes sexism/rape jokes/etc was at the top of the LoL subreddit with like 20,000 upvotes and multiple Reddit Golds. Try again to twist facts to suit your purpose
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BR73WK8K,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-04T14:51:35.749+0000) > > Trolling? The article exposing the behind-the-scenes sexism/rape jokes/etc was at the top of the LoL subreddit with like 20,000 upvoted and multiple Reddit Golds. > > Try again to twist facts to suit your purpose 20000 internet snowflake activist that upvote anything that slams white males is not impressive. In fact the only problem at riot seemed to be a glass ceiling. The actual sexual harassment claims were all second hand rumor shit about lists of girls you would fuck which no one in story actually seen. Who would think that a company hiring people in there young 20’s would result in some maturity issues.... real shocker.
Rioter Comments
: Going Woke, In Fact, Does Not Make You Go Broke. It's Quite The Opposite.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sE3AfhIh,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-02T01:28:15.411+0000) > > I keep seeing this lie copy and pasted everywhere so I thought I'd clear it up for everyone. > > https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/mckinsey/business%20functions/organization/our%20insights/why%20diversity%20matters/diversity%20matters.ashx > https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2018/07/03/if-diversity-is-key-for-success-why-do-we-keep-resisting-it/#f51173664e11 > https://www.telegraph.co.uk/connect/better-business/business-sustainability/business-benefits-diversity-inclusion/ > https://bigthink.com/playlists/diversity-innovation-business-success-amway > http://news.mit.edu/2014/workplace-diversity-can-help-bottom-line-1007 > https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212567114001786 > > Diversity actually increases worker productivity as well as a business' profits. It's been scientifically proven. > > (inb4 a couple examples means all this science is false) Your actually wrong diversity for The sake of diversity makes you less profitable. Companies innovation and profits go up by investing in recruiting top minority talent that other companies are not valuing enough pretty much the exact opposite of what has happened at say Yale and harvard the last 5-8 years(why other Ivy’s are closing the gap especially at Yale). Increasing diversity is good but It has to be done a correctly. Most companies don’t do that they just hire a bunch of minoirties to meet a quota and then give them special privileges and make currently employees walk on eggshells or have to defer to a diversity hire so they feel they are making an impact at the company. This leads to entire departments being gutted to make sure diversity plans are working no matter how bad some of these employees wind up being because they are untouchable for years. Just to be clear Here are examples of it being done right which are Apple and Goldman Sachs. Examples of it being done wrong include Facebook. , NYFD,and Uber. Nyfd is honestly kinda scary becuause people actually can die from there awful diversity hires they have made( not really there choice they were forced by a judge)
: > [{quoted}](name=BobTheZea7ot,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=7aNgJmcw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-02T06:24:48.283+0000) > > I think they can get to work on deleting those threads when their company repeals the policy on not allowing men into their PAX West event at the same time as everyone else. After all, they're both issues with the same company. I think they can respond to both of those problems with the same level of fairness and equality, don't you think? Tech and especially gaming industry is overrepresented by cis men partly because women and LGBTQ folks do not feel welcome and safe, as shown by recent accusations of sexual harassment against Riot. Another reason is that gaming is stereotypically a male activity. Women and non-binary people only events is a way to combat this inequality. Unless you can think of a better way to encourage more women and transgender people to pursue software related careers, I believe such events are a good thing. I do believe hate speech and violence against transgender people and racial minorities are much bigger problems than cis men not being allowed to participate in the first few hours of an event.
> [{quoted}](name=Jeffreak15,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=7aNgJmcw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T06:31:14.337+0000) > > Tech and especially gaming industry is overrepresented by cis men partly because women and LGBTQ folks do not feel welcome and safe, as shown by recent accusations of sexual harassment against Riot. Another reason is that gaming is stereotypically a male activity. Women and non-binary people only events is a way to combat this inequality. Unless you can think of a better way to encourage more women and transgender people to pursue software related careers, I believe such events are a good thing. > > I do believe hate speech and violence against transgender people and racial minorities are much bigger problems than cis men not being allowed to participate in the first few hours of an event. Yes very unsafe to play computer games from your own house.
: >complains about ADCs spiking early >mentions Lucian(an early game ADC) and Jhin(another lane bully) {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8si9RL9a,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-01T22:33:27.992+0000) > > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} I mean if you consider a lane bully a champ who spikes early and then doesnt fall off sure. why pick a hyper carry when u just be a good at all phases vs all types
Rioter Comments
pryda022 (NA)
: nunu bot
Maybe open up your eyes and see they did a shit job with one of most iconic skins in league, you kool aid drinking monkey
Rioter Comments
: Ghostcrawler Lane Swap / Queue Dodge / Whatever
> [{quoted}](name=Ghostcrawler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=54ABrPUY,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-10T17:13:46.196+0000) > > Hello friends, > > I wanted to let you all know that I moved off the League of Legends team a few weeks ago to take on an expanded role. I am still very much at Riot, but I am no longer the lead designer on League. The new lead designer is Andrei “Meddler” Van Roon. > > My new position at Riot is head of creative development. We don’t typically make a big deal about titles at Riot, however, I plan on still keeping up an active conversation with you all, so I wanted to explain a little bit about what this role means so you’ll have some insight into the kinds of topics I’ll be most effective at discussing. > > We’ve been up front that we want to put the S in Riot Games, and I am helping with that effort. In addition, we have been taking Runeterra as a world more seriously, as you’ve probably realized with the release of the Ryze CG and the world map. While telling stories is really important to us (and I hope many of you), there is a limit to the kinds of stories we can tell in League of Legends without getting in the way of a competitive, multiplayer game. So, many of our stories will have to come through other mediums, and of course that possibly includes other games. > > I look forward to all of the “GC was kicked upstairs where he can’t do much harm to LoL” memes. Let me know if I can help you with those in any way. > > League of Legends is in great hands, arguably even better hands. I know it’s hard sometimes as players to have a full appreciation for how many people collaborate to make League happen. League development is very much a team effort (a *large* team effort), and it’s almost impossible to detect the influence of any single contributor, even a lead designer. The direction for League comes from a leadership team, to which Meddler is a great addition. He has been working on League longer than I have, and he knows all of the nuance, weird rules, and “tribal knowledge” of League design better than I do. He has a long memory of things we tried and why they worked or didn’t. He knows where the bodies are buried. I’ll also still be Meddler’s boss, so if he disappoints you, just let me know and I’ll take care of things. In all seriousness, I wouldn’t be able to step away if the design team on League wasn’t so strong. > > I’ll still be out there playing the game with you, and I promised the development team that I’d always let them know what I think, by posting on Reddit of course. I’ll keep an eye on Boards as well (and more attention to the lore Boards now), but the easiest way to reach me is probably on Twitter @Ghostcrawler. > > In keeping with my reputation of buffing frost mages, Meddler promised to take good care of Lissandra. Took them long enough good riddance
: Just wanted to say goodbye, and that as a community I hate most of you.. Sorry, but really not.
> [{quoted}](name=Tariacosa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7M87zi2U,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-09T04:59:52.039+0000) > > After playing this game since season 2 on various accounts, I have finally completely given up on League of Legends and I decided to create this post before I go, and why am I leaving? Not because of the terrible balancing, stupid decisions and ridiculous new kits, not even because of the absolutely atrocious matchmaking and terrible games that happen in season 8. No. I am leaving for the simple fact that this game has the worst community of players I've ever seen in any game in my entire life, and it has continued to get worse and worse as time goes on. Most of you should be ashamed of yourselves and should probably take a very serious look in the mirror. Not a single game goes by, win or lose nowadays, that isn't filled with toxicity, pointless anger and blame, people outright ruining the games for 4 other people, and basically sheer stupidity all around, and for what? I have yet to figure that out.. But goodbye, to all the terrible human beings that I'm ashamed to be the same species as, and good luck to any of the few respectable ones that continue to suffer through this disgrace. > > P.S. This is not directed towards everyone, and by reading it, you know whether or not I'm referring to you, or you should. I feel your pain If only the game had a mute button.....bye snowflake
Rioter Comments
: Meddler addresses high damage, doesn't understand what the community is saying
they understand what people are saying they just choose to ignore it
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=pryda022,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9syf3QZB,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-06-01T09:12:26.327+0000) > > For one every player gets a ban in ranked so u and every other player has the power to ban him. Ranked was only one of the points I made. > Secondly riot is a business and new champs is a big way they make money. I never said they should stop making new champs. > Three in blind pick dodge rates have been high for years around new champ releases play ranked where’s it not much higher then normal. I play draft pick only, to hell with blind pick. I've long since learned to avoid that dumpster fire. Dodges are still a problem even in draft pick. > The only suggestion that you had that makes any sense is the one for all mode to go along with new champ everything else is just dumb or pointless Unfortunately One-For-All has its own issues as well. What makes you think that the other suggestions are dumb? I'm curious because it's better to improve ideas than it is to just drop them.
There dumb because they involve riot making it difficult for people to play a new champ which hurts riots bottom line. And if u don’t play blind pick which is where the trolling/ dodging over the new champ takes the place what are u worried about. If you play normal draft or ranked draft u can ban the new champ if u don’t want him in the game. The mandatory mastery ranking to play a champ in ranked is pointless because of the amount of smurfs and alt accounts. And second from a business point once again people wouldn’t be in rush to spend money on a new champ if they are limited to the game mode they can play it in
: Riot, the experience for players goes to shit when you release a champion, and this is not okay.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9syf3QZB,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-31T20:17:11.722+0000) > > Riot, this experience sucks. Whenever a new champion comes out or Riot reworks a champion, the game goes to complete shit. I've seen numerous people come to the boards complaining about it already, and I know it's going to be awful trying to play tonight, tomorrow, and even this weekend. And it's not even your fault. People are _extremely_ motivated to act selfishly whenever you release a new champion. But you need to plan for this and do something about it. You can't just leave us all to fend for ourselves like it's the wild west or something. > > 1. Queue times take forever because WAY too many people are dodging when the new champion gets picked or banned by somebody else. > > 2. There's massive competition to play the new champion, so people become super toxic about picks and bans. > > 3. People take the new champion into Ranked when they don't have a fucking clue how to play it right. > > League is a modern game isn't it? There has to be a solution that works for everyone involved. Blind pick doesn't cut it, everyone knows that blind pick is way more toxic than draft pick, and most people still play draft pick in either normals or ranked. > > Here are a few suggestions, of varying degrees of extremeness: > > 1. Temporarily increase Dodge Penalties whenever a champion is released or reworked. When just a few people do it it's not a big deal, but with new champions this goes up tenfold. The shorter dodge penalties are because Riot wants to give people some chances in case of emergencies or extremely toxic teammates, but with new champion releases the ratio of legitimate dodges to entitled-brat-induced dodges goes way down. Don't go easy on people who dodge like brats. > > 2. Temporarily enable (Or give people an 'admission ticket' for x number of games of) One-For-All on the week the champion hits the free-to-play rotation. This will reduce competition to play the new champ. > > 3. Require mastery 1 or 2 on a champion for it to be taken into ranked. This would ensure that people are less likely to fuck up with the new champ when they play him in ranked, and it would keep people from banning him to keep their teammates from playing him in ranked. > > Thoughts? Disagreements? Other suggestions for Riot? Jump into the discussion in the comments down below. For one every player gets a ban in ranked so u and every other player has the power to ban him. Secondly riot is a business and new champs is a big way they make money. Three in blind pick dodge rates have been high for years around new champ releases play ranked where’s it not much higher then normal. The only suggestion that you had that makes any sense is the one for all mode to go along with new champ everything else is just dumb or pointless
: When No One Trades Roles Even After You Asked
I don’t play adc at all on the rare time (1 or 2 a season) I got auto filled adc I expect a teammate to step up for the good of the team. I state I can fill any other role for the game. If my team ignores or tells me to dodge not trading ect, I just pick something I can have fun with and lock if they don’t dodge and we lose I don’t see that as me trolling cuz as a legit adc player we were gonna lose anyway. The loss is on them
Chermorg (NA)
: You lost me when you started claiming nobody asked for recent changes. Just because you don't like them and didn't want them doesn't mean the community as a whole doesn't. There's millions of League players - the boards are not a representative sample.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WLsHsHR0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-26T12:43:25.284+0000) > > You lost me when you started claiming nobody asked for recent changes. > > Just because you don't like them and didn't want them doesn't mean the community as a whole doesn't. There's millions of League players - the boards are not a representative sample. And out of those millions of players show me where anyone asked for the scuttle crab to become a major objective. Show me where anyone asked for the dynamic q We got. Don’t act like the changes he listed were implemented on behest of the players
Vekkna (NA)
: I understand what you're saying perfectly. You're just wrong. When does sexuality come into League? Idk, maybe when Illaoi talks about needing more than one man because they break too easily? Every time Lucian ults and yells "FOR SENNA!" Every time Xayah and Rakan fucking talk or share a loading screen?
> [{quoted}](name=Vekkna,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=002d000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T18:41:15.867+0000) > > I understand what you're saying perfectly. You're just wrong. > > When does sexuality come into League? Idk, maybe when Illaoi talks about needing more than one man because they break too easily? Every time Lucian ults and yells "FOR SENNA!" Every time Xayah and Rakan fucking talk or share a loading screen? those tiny winks are nothing burgers compared to making a new character or reworking an old where there central theme focuses on who they enjoy fucking. so again I say to you.... you are trying to make sex or sex preference more to the game then there is. its ok though I understand that your one of those people that needs to see things and people who are just like you for you to be ok with who you are. but might I say needing and wanting a video game to have more diversty to improve your self esteem seems kinda foolish. write your own fandom if you enjoy it that much. hell im sure if you search the internet there are ton ahri and jinx girl on girl or ezreal being gay with someone and theres really nothing wrong with that. peoples imagination and creations are there own thing but I cant really agree with a stance that riot needs or some how owes people to make any sexual preference known for any characters for a game 13 years play and not to mention just because its against the tos doesn't mean you don't have younger kids playing as well.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 23
you think u could give a breakdown on what the xp will be for camps now. also will there be route that lets you hit level 3 off of 3 camps now?
Vekkna (NA)
: {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:412}} In other words, you're just wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Vekkna,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=002d0000,timestamp=2018-05-23T17:26:04.774+0000) > > {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} > {{champion:22}} {{champion:23}} > {{champion:420}} {{champion:41}} > {{champion:68}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:17}} > {{champion:28}} > {{champion:103}} > {{champion:236}} {{champion:412}} > > In other words, you're just wrong. Clearly to thick to understand what I am saying. At what point when you are playing a game of league of legends does sexual peference come into play? Last time I checked this isn’t a Roleplaying game. If you are interested in that kind of stuff go play the sims or something.
: Hi Riot, I'd like to have an honest, earnest, and open conversation about gay characters.
How about you just think of league characters as action figures and Barbie dolls. Sexual preference has nothing to do with the game.
: Im new and recieved a ban for "Intentional Feeding"
if only riot spent more time banning more inters and trolls then people who used foul language u might have decent game
: LF Mid laner and Jungler High Gold - Low Plat (NA)
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=pryda022
Raoul (EUW)
: Yeah, just look at WoW... do you really want that developement for LoL? We wouldnt have items any more, because Blizzard would deem them too complicated for the casual player, unified leveling like HotS because Blizzard wouldnt want to leave the casuals behind... only plus side,w e would have more maps with some objectives, but no more SR.
> [{quoted}](name=Raoul,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iU3i8idY,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-05-20T06:55:18.025+0000) > > Yeah, just look at WoW... do you really want that developement for LoL? > > We wouldnt have items any more, because Blizzard would deem them too complicated for the casual player, unified leveling like HotS because Blizzard wouldnt want to leave the casuals behind... only plus side,w e would have more maps with some objectives, but no more SR. hots was made for casual players in mind. if blizzard wants to make a hardcore game they do. broodwar is still the golden standard for what competitive gaming looks like.
Raoul (EUW)
: As someone who has been around since Beta, I cant count how often league has been declared dying or dead. "League will die because HoN is way better!" "League will die when DotA2 is released!" "League will die when HotS is released!" "League will die when Overwatch is released!" Then the number guys "Most people stoped playing already!" (source: Dude, trust me!) "The playerbase is dropping because of X!" (source: Dude, trust me!) Seriously, this game has been declared dead more times than Superman and Wolverine together...
> [{quoted}](name=Raoul,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iU3i8idY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-20T06:16:38.693+0000) > > As someone who has been around since Beta, I cant count how often league has been declared dying or dead. > > "League will die because HoN is way better!" > "League will die when DotA2 is released!" > "League will die when HotS is released!" > "League will die when Overwatch is released!" > > Then the number guys > "Most people stoped playing already!" (source: Dude, trust me!) > "The playerbase is dropping because of X!" (source: Dude, trust me!) > > > Seriously, this game has been declared dead more times than Superman and Wolverine together... id have to say in the last year is the first time league player base is shrining rather then increasing. riot has mismanaged there game so hard the last 2-3 years. if blizzard owned league game would be in much better shape
: patch 8.10 also known as...
already ahead of u on that one.
Rioter Comments
: Id think itd be cool if during best ofs they did that knce a champ is banned/picked hes out of the series. Bo5 might stretch it with 100 champs of the 140 seeing a pick/ban. But no i dont think riot has ever discusedd it to my knowledge. They dont seem to really talk about esports changes to the extent they talk about other things like balance or skins.
> [{quoted}](name=fallenreaper88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YW5Hb1sa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-22T07:42:56.146+0000) > > Id think itd be cool if during best ofs they did that knce a champ is banned/picked hes out of the series. Bo5 might stretch it with 100 champs of the 140 seeing a pick/ban. > > But no i dont think riot has ever discusedd it to my knowledge. They dont seem to really talk about esports changes to the extent they talk about other things like balance or skins. Asking pro players to practice that many champs and comps would make for much worse games What should work is that in a series a team can’t pick or ban the same champs follow game. So say if u pick zed game 1 and baned graves next game zed is not playable but for game 3 will be and graves can’t be banned for game 2
: A message from jg in this meta to every laner
Pretty sure zed is always gonna beat lux in lane.…
: Supports are overpowered right now, more specifically enchantresses. They currently face the issue that jungle had until this patch; a bunch of reward for no effort. They literally get gold for walking around with their starter items. If that doesn't scream bullshit I don't know what does. They also have the cheapest items in the game. Huge issue in my opinion. Morde is currently in a really weak state. Not that I care too much, because I'm nowhere near a one trick. The people I stream for enjoy morde so I play morde. I'm also trying to be the guy that gets morde top to Master tier. I can see it working so far. And no one that gets to High diamond lacks game knowledge. No one. They can be biased. But they do have the knowledge. They can just choose to ignore said knowledge. I would argue top and mid lane are the most mechanically intensive roles in the game. Top lane has the most diverse champion pool in the entire game. In order to play top effectively you have to understand hundreds of matchups at a very fine level. I've played every role in this game besides ADC, and that's only because I don't like ADC's farm centric playstyle. I used to one trick Azir. Bet you didn't know that. I also used to one trick Jungle. Bet you didn't know that either. I used to main Gangplank as well. One tricked him all the way to diamond, mainly playing him mid. Out of all those roles I would say top is the most difficult and also the most rewarding. Support can be relaxing, and I did enjoy it as a secondary role. Never mained it. But I haven't lost a support game on my main in quite some time. Not that I play it often but the times do arise when I get autofilled there. Btw, morde is no longer a lane bully really. Ever since pre season he can be beat by a lot of things. It's his mid game and dragon power spike that are so great now. I have no idea how mechanics even got pulled up in whatever this was. It was just an Ad hominem attack really. And it failed on all fronts. You'll find me as a lot of things, but hypocritical will never be one of them.
> [{quoted}](name=Apocyliptic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bA47nnqg,comment-id=000600010000,timestamp=2018-05-17T02:24:42.133+0000) > > Supports are overpowered right now, more specifically enchantresses. They currently face the issue that jungle had until this patch; a bunch of reward for no effort. They literally get gold for walking around with their starter items. If that doesn't scream bullshit I don't know what does. They also have the cheapest items in the game. Huge issue in my opinion. > > Morde is currently in a really weak state. Not that I care too much, because I'm nowhere near a one trick. The people I stream for enjoy morde so I play morde. I'm also trying to be the guy that gets morde top to Master tier. I can see it working so far. > > And no one that gets to High diamond lacks game knowledge. No one. They can be biased. But they do have the knowledge. They can just choose to ignore said knowledge. > > I would argue top and mid lane are the most mechanically intensive roles in the game. Top lane has the most diverse champion pool in the entire game. In order to play top effectively you have to understand hundreds of matchups at a very fine level. I've played every role in this game besides ADC, and that's only because I don't like ADC's farm centric playstyle. I used to one trick Azir. Bet you didn't know that. I also used to one trick Jungle. Bet you didn't know that either. I used to main Gangplank as well. One tricked him all the way to diamond, mainly playing him mid. > > Out of all those roles I would say top is the most difficult and also the most rewarding. Support can be relaxing, and I did enjoy it as a secondary role. Never mained it. But I haven't lost a support game on my main in quite some time. Not that I play it often but the times do arise when I get autofilled there. > > Btw, morde is no longer a lane bully really. Ever since pre season he can be beat by a lot of things. It's his mid game and dragon power spike that are so great now. > > I have no idea how mechanics even got pulled up in whatever this was. It was just an Ad hominem attack really. And it failed on all fronts. You'll find me as a lot of things, but hypocritical will never be one of them. Wasn’t an ad hominem attack was using the same broad generalization that you used to say jungle and support players are much worse then there ranks because there role is op. I was making a bad argument with your logic Showing how dumb it sounds. I don’t really think any diamond 2 player can be bad mechanically. And Since Morde is a hard champ to learn and master but not mechanically intensive I mention it. I have to disagree with you about top lane being the hardest too lane. Most champs are very straight forward to itemization and use there level advantage and tankiness to prevent being punished for poor position and map awareness. Jungle has to know there own match ups plus know when they can 2v2 or not. Secondly they have to judge minion waves to know when certainly angles will be open to gank. Farm one extra camp miss your time stand around waiting to long be inefficient. Most jungle mains have more game knowledge for there rank then other positions. You are clearly just bias for whatever reason, I dunno why maybe your play style leads to junglers effecting your lane more then you would like? because based on your logic if you started 1 tricking kha6 or graves you would be masters or challenger in your next 50 games. Am I right?
: Oh, God forbid your blatantly overpowered role got tuned down to an acceptable level. What you are experiencing is something Laners have to deal with on a daily basis: It's called getting behind. Previously, your entire role was PvE. You fucking farmed jungle camps. There was no challenge. It was the same thing every game. Same two paths every game, either a level 4 clear, or level 3 clear into gank. Now pathing changes up based on gamestate. Now You can get behind for poor play, rather than just farming camps and staying at least even in levels all game. Welcome to a new experience. What you're experiencing is called league of legends. Where you actually get punished for doing poorly. Just like a top laner gets punished if he dies twice, you get punished if you lose every scuttle. Jungle has been too strong for too long. Bad players are an entire 9 divisions higher than they should be because of this one role. Put a jungle only player in a lane and they will feed and be useless all game. Put a laner in the jungle and 9 times out 10 you get an acceptable if not a better than average performance. And that's because jungle is too strong. So it inflates players winrates and thus their elo.
> [{quoted}](name=Apocyliptic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bA47nnqg,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-05-16T22:35:27.398+0000) > > Oh, God forbid your blatantly overpowered role got tuned down to an acceptable level. What you are experiencing is something Laners have to deal with on a daily basis: It's called getting behind. Previously, your entire role was PvE. You fucking farmed jungle camps. There was no challenge. It was the same thing every game. Same two paths every game, either a level 4 clear, or level 3 clear into gank. > > Now pathing changes up based on gamestate. Now You can get behind for poor play, rather than just farming camps and staying at least even in levels all game. Welcome to a new experience. What you're experiencing is called league of legends. Where you actually get punished for doing poorly. Just like a top laner gets punished if he dies twice, you get punished if you lose every scuttle. > > Jungle has been too strong for too long. Bad players are an entire 9 divisions higher than they should be because of this one role. Put a jungle only player in a lane and they will feed and be useless all game. Put a laner in the jungle and 9 times out 10 you get an acceptable if not a better than average performance. And that's because jungle is too strong. So it inflates players winrates and thus their elo. Didn’t u just complain supports are op too? Seems like any game state that doesn’t alllow to to afk farm and bully on Morde is a problem for u. For someone in high diamond to sum up the jungle as you did shows that you climbed very far with a lack of game knowledge or your just being a whiney bitch when it comes to the jungle postion. If anything like support it’s harder to climb at lower levels if you play anything but full damage. And at higher levels it’s the most cerebral role in the game. Where id like to point out top is the least and besides from a few champs is also the least mechanical intensive. So Maybe your only diamond 5 or gasp! plat 1 if you played mid?
pryda022 (NA)
: fortnite
just assumed theres probably a lot of people that at are on the fence about playing league still and best way to move over to a new game is learn it with people that are new also new too it.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=CubanThund3r,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=deov8VPV,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-05-14T19:03:16.999+0000) > > because nobody got perma banned back in the day, it was unheard of. so even with chat restriction after chat restriction and 14 day bans people figure as long as they aren't toxic enough to (their own standards) then they will never get perma banned just continue getting lesser punishments But Riot has been permabanning for years and they explicitly explained that there is a punishment escalation system. Unless they just flat out ignored Riot and didn't believe that Riot would hand out permanent bans when they said they would...? Isn't that the player's fault for not believing Riot?
> [{quoted}](name=YerroFever,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=deov8VPV,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2018-05-14T19:25:57.259+0000) > > But Riot has been permabanning for years and they explicitly explained that there is a punishment escalation system. Unless they just flat out ignored Riot and didn't believe that Riot would hand out permanent bans when they said they would...? Isn't that the player's fault for not believing Riot? no it used to take a lot to get perma banned. they started this new penalty system about 2 years ago and the rates are much higher. they honestly should get rid of the report system and force ppl to use mute more often and only ban people for hate speech and I mean real hate speech not snowflake hate speech
: Why is toxicity not punished in Korea?
> [{quoted}](name=Dakkimchi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EYGExWI6,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-14T01:53:02.158+0000) > > I don't intend to insult Riot, as I agree with their policies in NA for toxicity (better for player mental health). I've recently watched Cowsep's video, and I was surprised that the system in Korean servers don't punish other players at all. Can the community (players, Riot, admins, etc.) tell me why this is the case? I assumed that Riot was a single company with a universal policy across regions. > > Also, I'm not going to cite this as the reason why Korean server is so competitive, etc. I think that is a rash assumption. just goes to show what a waste the player behavior department is. korea operates just fine without it
: Finally, honor lvl 2 after a 14 day ban. Here are my thoughts on honor progression.
Went through the same thing I got a auto 14 day punishment in preseason despite never being punished before for typing the word %%% twice referring to a guy who inted and already quit the game. Still haven’t got back to level 2 after about 250 games of ranked so far. I am def not a toxic player on both my Smurf’s I’m honor 2 and 3 and I am pretty toxic or troll at times on those. Just shows how retarded there system is.
: Remove this Yasuo ult turret safety ffs
It should be removed from the game and he should move to the location of the closest target when he ults multiple people. He doesn’t need hidden power like that and players should be rewarded for bad dives
Show more

pryda022

Level 151 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion