: I'll put it this way. Pros need to be able to practice champions and their matchups, that way can learn the optimal way to play each champ in every matchup. For prod, playing against people in norms is like us playing against bots, it's just too easy and they'll never get any real info on the matchups they need to know in order to perform on stage.
> [{quoted}](name=Gnarles Barkleyy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EEew7tbT,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-08-23T14:29:09.003+0000) > > I'll put it this way. Pros need to be able to practice champions and their matchups, that way can learn the optimal way to play each champ in every matchup. For prod, playing against people in norms is like us playing against bots, it's just too easy and they'll never get any real info on the matchups they need to know in order to perform on stage. I'm sort of done with the thread but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Scrims, in-house practice between pro players, open tournaments, analysis feedback. It just seems to me if you're a pro and relying on ranked play to get practice in, your coaching staff is not doing their job and properly preparing and providing you with the means to better your abilities so that you can perform on stage. By your logic, coaching techniques are non existent and ranked play is their sole outlet to get practice in. Doesn't add up to me. If this is the case however, I truly feel as if I should be a coach/analyst. My team would be godlike.
: It may be silly to ask, but has anyone actually seen one of these crests of honour? I have visited quite a few players pages, participated in quite a few games, but I can't say that I have seen one yet.
> [{quoted}](name=BlueBilberry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q008p3dU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-08-23T07:22:17.901+0000) > > It may be silly to ask, but has anyone actually seen one of these crests of honour? I have visited quite a few players pages, participated in quite a few games, but I can't say that I have seen one yet. I've seen a few. More so in normals than in ranked.
: Please remove MMR from the Ranked Ladder.
You know what? The issue is not MMR. It's the Ranked design itself. There should be no "Dynamic Queue", "Solo Queue" or "Duo Queue". These game modes simply do not foster team play in a team play sport. -------------- The choices to play on Summoner's Rift should be as follows: Dynamic Draft - Normals Dynamic Blind - Normals Teamplay Draft - Ranked (Requires 5) --------------- Why? You practice your solo skills in normals play,when ready and when you have 5 friends online (any combination) you can enter Teamplay Draft. What does this accomplish? It supplies an outlet for solo players to practice and a separate area to test your teamplay skills. This will provide a clear separation of solo players and teamplayers. Why is this good? It allows those who wish to take the game seriously a path to do so and for those who take the game casually an area that doesn't effect the ladder.
: Pros need practice too dude. For pros, ranked is their normals. They use that time to practice champions and make sure they can lane effectively. Honestly, I don't see there being any problem with them being able to play ranked. Besides, most of them play on different accounts anyway so there's no real way to even monitor it.
> [{quoted}](name=Gnarles Barkleyy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EEew7tbT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-08-22T22:34:07.214+0000) > > Pros need practice too dude. For pros, ranked is their normals. They use that time to practice champions and make sure they can lane effectively. Honestly, I don't see there being any problem with them being able to play ranked. Besides, most of them play on different accounts anyway so there's no real way to even monitor it. We both know, if it were limited they'd have consequences in place for those who disobeyed. It would likely be similar to a suspension if caught playing in the public queue. It can be monitored, probably more easily than you think, every one of their locations are registered and their IP addressed available to Riot. I don't think you make a good argument considering the exact thing you're describing is what normals play is actually designed for.
Dynikus (NA)
: I'm confused, how is playing against players of equal skill to you the complete opposite of competitive play? And matchmaking doesn't match you with players with lower mmr to balance things, the only time you're intentionally matched with players with lower mmr than yours is when they're in a premade, and thus are thought to have an advantage. The only time you're intentionally matched with players with higher mmr than yours is when you're in a premade. there's no conspiracy where mmr is rigged to keep you at a 50% winrate.
> [{quoted}](name=dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EEew7tbT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-08-22T20:57:04.865+0000) > > I'm confused, how is playing against players of equal skill to you the complete opposite of competitive play? > And matchmaking doesn't match you with players with lower mmr to balance things, the only time you're intentionally matched with players with lower mmr than yours is when they're in a premade, and thus are thought to have an advantage. >there's no conspiracy where mmr is rigged to keep you at a 50% winrate. Nowhere in the definition of competition does it state that it should be tailored to make all levels of play balanced. That's the whole point. The better team wins. ...do some research, look at accounts at different levels of the ladder, the win rate fluctuates between 50-70% and below 50% in bronze. >com·pe·ti·tion >ˌkämpəˈtiSH(ə)n/ >noun >noun: competition > the activity or condition of competing. >"there is fierce competition between banks" > synonyms: rivalry, competitiveness, vying; More >an event or contest in which people compete. > plural noun: competitions >"a beauty competition" > synonyms: contest, tournament, match, game, heat, fixture, event > "Stephanie won the competition" > the person or people with whom one is competing, especially in a commercial or sporting arena; the opposition. >"I walked around to check out the competition" > synonyms: opposition, other side, field; More > ECOLOGY >interaction between organisms, populations, or species, in which birth, growth and death depend on gaining a share of a limited environmental resource. MMR does match you with lower MMR to balance things. The entire point of the MMR system is to try to have an equal MMR number (as a team) on each side. What actual competitive minor league sport has ever implemented a Matchmaking system? Not one. It's based on recruitment and development and that is taken care of by the system pulling players like this: > [{quoted}](name=Michael702,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EEew7tbT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-08-22T20:57:06.697+0000) > > I agree that MMR shouldn't be used for a ranked game but I disagree with your solution. I think there should be a range. ±1 or ±2 of your rank. So if you're gold 3, you should be matched with gold 2-4 or gold 1-5.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=q O y O p,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yRVwPNmN,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-08-21T22:05:42.703+0000) > > Your argument can be applied to the same. Incompetent players can still learn to be competent. That's true. So it works both ways. And a majority of toxic people are far too harsh on people's mistakes.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilDustMan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yRVwPNmN,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-08-21T22:16:03.588+0000) > > That's true. So it works both ways. And a majority of toxic people are far too harsh on people's mistakes. You are also right. The difference is, incompetent players have a designated area to learn competentcy, normal play, aram, custom games. A toxic player has no outlet. In essence, the root cause of toxicity, mainly in Ranked is Riot's fault for not assisting players in prearing for the ranked scene. They then go ahead an punish toxic players for falling into the trap they set by allowing uneducated league players into the area where professional play is fostered. The entirety of the ranked system needs to be overhauled. The requirements to enter tightened and the pre-level 30 (and maybe bronze ranked as its a sub par level) should have more of a learning system integrated to tighten the skill-gap in ranked play. The game evolves with every patch and they expect players to know what's up because they make a post about it. Where is the in-game popups and information like "You just got the First Turret Kill! We've added extra gold for thus objective! Keep it up!" Or "You just died! That's 300 gold to the enemy team and you'll be unable to help your team for the next xx seconds." - "Your team just killed 2 enemies! This is a great opportunity to try and kill a tower, get your team better vision or kill a neutral objective!".
: No, toxic players can still learn to be civil and respectable.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilDustMan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yRVwPNmN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-08-21T20:19:14.815+0000) > > No, toxic players can still learn to be civil and respectable. Your argument can be applied to the same. Incompetent players can still learn to be competent.
Rioter Comments
DJ Sona (EUW)
: "...we’ll look into potentially changing to 10 bans in draft games."
It's about fucking time. All their points they are worried about are ridiculous and would only benefit the ranked system if implemented.
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=q O y O p,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kaJEfJof,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-18T16:04:35.839+0000) > > It's a disgusting strategy that preys on people's emotions and addiction. If it were in any other "sport" it would be outright banned by the sporting authorities, however, due to the fact there are no regulations surrounding eSports *yet* this will likely continue. > > Picture this system being used in minor league baseball, hockey or football. Do you know how many times the coaching staff would have been beaten up while trying to implement it? The kids would literally Riot. Oh yeah, I know. I think people are just that gullible or delusional to think this isn't happening here in League because like you said, they can't regulate it. It is my opinion it is there to keep players interested but that is their right. I just have a huge problem with it because not only is it not fair, it creates toxicity that people get punished for as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Dragfin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kaJEfJof,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-18T16:15:06.695+0000) > > Oh yeah, I know. I think people are just that gullible or delusional to think this isn't happening here in League because like you said, they can't regulate it. > > It is my opinion it is there to keep players interested but that is their right. I just have a huge problem with it because not only is it not fair, it creates toxicity that people get punished for as well. It's the same type of system that Capitalism is based on and you're now seeing that system being slowly dismantled. There are reasons these systems do not work, cause revolt and eventually die. The main one being the design to benefit few based on the efforts of many.
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dukues,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kaJEfJof,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-18T15:45:29.669+0000) > > I don't really understand what your saying but this is why 50% makes sense. The game tries to match you with players around your skill level. If it does this correctly then your not going to hard ass stomp and win every game. Your chances of winning will be 50% since you are playing people around your skill level so there's a 50/50 chance you will win. If the game kept matching you with players you are better than, then your chances of winning would increase and so would your win percent. If the game kept matching you vs players better than you then your chances of winning would decrease and your win percent would go down. That's why 50/50 is the goal since that means you are playing people you are evenly matched with. I know it's not perfect but when you get matched like this... I am using simulated numbers for MMR here. Team 1 Player 1 MMR = 100 Player 2 MMR = 100 Player 3 MMR = 100 Player 4 MMR = 100 Player 5 MMR = 100 Team 2 Player You MMR = 100 Player 2 MMR = 50 Player 3 MMR = 50 Player 4 MMR = 50 Player 5 MMR = 50 This is why you get wipeouts and the system forces .500 win rate With these ten players being matched it should have 3 of the MMR 100 players on each team and 2 of the MMR50 players on each team. It has nothing to do with the rest of the player base. This happens when you go on a win streak, deny it all you want but this is simple common sense. When it's so obvious that the system does this to it's players then you have a dumbass creating a stupid illogical algorithm purposely to frustrate it's player base to coddle less skilled players and keep them as players. Players = money to RIOT, screw actual competition.
> [{quoted}](name=Dragfin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kaJEfJof,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-18T15:54:20.660+0000) > > I know it's not perfect but when you get matched like this... > > I am using simulated numbers for MMR here. > > Team 1 > > Player 1 MMR = 100 > Player 2 MMR = 100 > Player 3 MMR = 100 > Player 4 MMR = 100 > Player 5 MMR = 100 > > Team 2 > > Player You MMR = 100 > Player 2 MMR = 50 > Player 3 MMR = 50 > Player 4 MMR = 50 > Player 5 MMR = 50 > > This is why you get wipeouts and the system forces .500 win rate > > With these ten players being matched it should have 3 of the MMR 100 players on each team and 2 of the MMR50 players on each team. It has nothing to do with the rest of the player base. This happens when you go on a win streak, deny it all you want but this is simple common sense. When it's so obvious that the system does this to it's players then you have a dumbass creating a stupid illogical algorithm purposely to frustrate it's player base to coddle less skilled players and keep them as players. Players = money to RIOT, screw actual competition. It's a disgusting strategy that preys on people's emotions and addiction. If it were in any other "sport" it would be outright banned by the sporting authorities, however, due to the fact there are no regulations surrounding eSports *yet* this will likely continue. Picture this system being used in minor league baseball, hockey or football. Do you know how many times the coaching staff would have been beaten up while trying to implement it? The kids would literally Riot.
: the system isn't that bad it's a lot better than the elo system they had back in S2/S3
> [{quoted}](name=catastrophicSkil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=59zvMjnx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-08-17T19:17:24.930+0000) > > the system isn't that bad it's a lot better than the elo system they had back in S2/S3 It's still pretty bad and could use a lot of improvements. Actually, simplifying the system would greatly improve it. On top of the suggested changed above, another great fix would be to do away with MMR altogether and simply have a ladder where you are matched vs other players in your division. If none can be found, the system could seek out players 1 division higher or 1 lower. MMR is there to try and stop boosting and surfing, it obviously doesn't work so why penalize the entire community because of it? You know that thing they call ELO Hell? That is when you win too many games in a row yet because of your MMR you don't gain any LP. So instead of gaining 20 LP per match and losing 20 LP per match you're gaining 15 and losing 20. Good luck climbing out of that hole. This brings me to my next point, LP should be static. A win should net you 20 LP and a loss should take away 15. Why? Because you won that game, the extra 5LP is the reward. Let's be honest, wins don't come easy here and thus they should be rewarded. Okay, don't agree? Then at the very least make it 20LP for a win and 20LP for a loss.
Rioter Comments
JudasJesus (EUNE)
: Why I stopped playing LoL after 7 days
Quit before you're addicted. It's just awful playing this game with people who dont know what their doing, what the champions do, when they are strong or weak, when to take objectives, the list goes on and on. If all players knew this, the game would be fun as hell because it would mean it's on YOU to make a mistake or to figure out a strategy to outsmart the opponent. So little of this game is actually based on your "micro". The only place this happens is Challenger and the system is setup to not let you get there unless it pegs your account as a smurf and you go 10-0 in placements and proceed to go 40-0 in the following matches.
: Need new item for Silver and Below
Think of it this way -- if you continue to lose control of your character game after game... GET THE FUCK OUT OF RANKED AND PLAY NORMALS. Oh, i forgot to mention it should only be available in ranked play
: Need new item for Silver and Below
When you ping for "fall back" it would automatically move your teammates away from the enemy.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=q O y O p,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=9AFJlVps,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2016-06-26T05:59:18.230+0000) > > The "Meta" is a fallacy for anything other than LCS. There are reasons you see strong picks in Ranked that never get played on Stage (or rarely). The game has over 100 champions which, for the most part, bring something unique to the table and as I will explain below, there are slight differences which let them thrive in some situations. I rather play what is strong against my enemy rather than what is decent against all champions. > > I bounce from Bronze 1-5, silver last year but playing solo in dynamic q is not a treat considering, like you said, its the worst rank you can get, imagine what my teammates are like... Wait, i explained fairly well above. ;) > > So please, feel free to continue. > > Sorry friend. Vi has a knockup, an undodgeable knockup, a sheild that is petty much on command and %HP dmg. She brings a lot of utility with high base damages. > > Teemo is picked for the stealth, blind, dmg/time and mushrooms. I'm not sure if you've forgotten, but he has mushrooms which are a great tool if properly placed/used. He synergyzes well with Cait, which was picked. I don't understand how the stealth is useful, considering Teemo kit he can't afford to be a passive support since he has no sustain for your adc, you have to be aggressive so you don't end up completely useless late game due to the lower gold income just like any other mage/poke send as support. As stated before Lulu woudl be able to do the same job since polymorph is basically a a better blind, and her E+Q combo is basically a slow in command which have similar damage (higher in combo) than a mushroom so yeah... lulu woudl do it better. On a second note, Cait synergy better with heavy CC champions that allow her to place traps and proc more head shots out of it. She used to synergy really well with double poke but right now she achieve better damage with people like Thresh than allow her to get 2 or 3 extra head shots. As for Vi, as I said before there is a standard support that would do it better, in this case woudl be Naut, which a knock-up +pull on his Q, a undodgeable knock-up on his ult, a bigger shield that is actually in command and last longer plus better base stats and base damage to compensate for the lack of gold he will have on support. And for the %HP damage, normal standard damage works better on the bot lane since the enemies are usually squishy which again Nautilus have it covered with his Passive+his shield passive+ his E.
> [{quoted}](name=RogueWill,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=9AFJlVps,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2016-06-26T18:01:46.555+0000) > > I don't understand how the stealth is useful, considering Teemo kit he can't afford to be a passive support since he has no sustain for your adc, you have to be aggressive so you don't end up completely useless late game due to the lower gold income just like any other mage/poke send as support. As stated before Lulu woudl be able to do the same job since polymorph is basically a a better blind, and her E+Q combo is basically a slow in command which have similar damage (higher in combo) than a mushroom so yeah... lulu woudl do it better. > > On a second note, Cait synergy better with heavy CC champions that allow her to place traps and proc more head shots out of it. She used to synergy really well with double poke but right now she achieve better damage with people like Thresh than allow her to get 2 or 3 extra head shots. > > As for Vi, as I said before there is a standard support that would do it better, in this case woudl be Naut, which a knock-up +pull on his Q, a undodgeable knock-up on his ult, a bigger shield that is actually in command and last longer plus better base stats and base damage to compensate for the lack of gold he will have on support. And for the %HP damage, normal standard damage works better on the bot lane since the enemies are usually squishy which again Nautilus have it covered with his Passive+his shield passive+ his E. You raise some good points but again, you're missing a lot. The mushrooms are irreplaceable. LuLu's combo is just that, 2 cooldowns, which are skillshot based. Mushrooms are free standing and (not really, can be) skillshot placed. If you don't use his stealth, you're playing the champion wrong. You play around that ability and if you teammates are competent, they will as well. The Mushroom/Cait Trap combo is amazing, I don't think you fully understand the uniqueness and diversity of champions in League. Vi crushes Nautilus. Her %HP damage in bot lane is AWESOME when you are facing another Melee Tank Support. If you can dodge effectively, you are literally guaranteed a kill on a Ranged support every single time you dodge then Q in. Okay, maybe not every single time, but you get my drift. Nautilus, sure he can grab you... but he can't do it through minions and that goes for his escape as well. Oh yeah, lets not forget about the E that does the AoE dmg similar to that of Naut's riptide. Great for getting some ranged harass off when the enemy is CSing behind some minions. It's also usually free because of that shield that comes up when you use the first E. :) I don't mind debating with closed minded individuals, but as they say, "Strong Opinions Weakly Held". I offer you better conclusions. ;)
: > [{quoted}](name=q O y O p,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=9AFJlVps,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-06-26T04:52:13.373+0000) > > They were each required in their current games as the champion kit was strong versus the enemy. Please keep your uneducated comments out of my thread looking for competent players. > > > Thanks. Any utility that Vi or Teemo can bring to the table there is a standard support that woudl do it better. Yeah I picked Teemo support because of the blind and the poke potential. Lulu would do it better.
> [{quoted}](name=Treeofwar,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=9AFJlVps,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-26T04:58:42.631+0000) > > "competent player" says the bronze 5 kid first learn the meta before you try and break it. you have over 300 games in ranked and are bronze 5 the lowest and worse rank you can ever get. Please keep your uneducated comments out of the thread. The "Meta" is a fallacy for anything other than LCS. There are reasons you see strong picks in Ranked that never get played on Stage (or rarely). The game has over 100 champions which, for the most part, bring something unique to the table and as I will explain below, there are slight differences which let them thrive in some situations. I rather play what is strong against my enemy rather than what is decent against all champions. I bounce from Bronze 1-5, silver last year but playing solo in dynamic q is not a treat considering, like you said, its the worst rank you can get, imagine what my teammates are like... Wait, i explained fairly well above. ;) So please, feel free to continue. > [{quoted}](name=RogueWill,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=9AFJlVps,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2016-06-26T04:59:31.720+0000) > > Any utility that Vi or Teemo can bring to the table there is a standard support that woudl do it better. > > Yeah I picked Teemo support because of the blind and the poke potential. Lulu would do it better. Sorry friend. Vi has a knockup, an undodgeable knockup, a sheild that is petty much on command and %HP dmg. She brings a lot of utility with high base damages. Teemo is picked for the stealth, blind, dmg/time and mushrooms. I'm not sure if you've forgotten, but he has mushrooms which are a great tool if properly placed/used. He synergyzes well with Cait, which was picked.
: you say this but have like vi support and temmo support you are trolling
> [{quoted}](name=Treeofwar,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=9AFJlVps,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-26T04:51:39.123+0000) > > you say this but have like vi support and temmo support you are trolling They were each required when picked as the champion kit was strong versus the enemy. Please keep your uneducated comments out of my thread looking for competent players. Thanks.
Rioter Comments
: Riot Pls: Dev priorities and the League client
I might be late to the party... was anything said about voice comms in the client?
: PLEASE BUFF VISION!!!!!
I got an idea. Contested vision shrines for bot/top lane. Mid does not require any further vision as it should remain an area where player inventory vision is placed. You kill the shrine, similar to scuttle or wolf spirit. Only this shine allows you to place it anywhere in the river and it blinks @ a rate of x/second. The more times the shrine is killed (it would gain HP every time), the quicker the blinking is until it stays on like a normal vision ward. Perhaps place it in the bot/top lane tri-bush or the river bush that are closest to the lanes. You could also put the shrine respawn on a random timer so that it would encourage players to ward the bush to see when the shrine is back up.
Flaherty (NA)
: First of all, what in god's name does any of this have to do with addiction? Secondly, those massive losing streaks you're getting? It's called being tilted. It's happened to me, it happens to almost every single player. Lose more than 2 games in a row? Take a break. Don't play 8 more games and play like shit because you're angry or tired or whatever, you will just lose more games than you win until you refresh your mind. Thirdly, you speak for people Platinum and above yet have never been higher than silver, and guessing by your ranked scores and current rank of Bronze 5, you never made it past Silver 4, and that's a generous assumption. You try to speak of balancing issues saying that you need to play against higher level people to improve, that is true to a point. You're not going to be learning shit playing against Diamond players and getting your shit stomped. If you can't even beat the players at the lowest end of the ranked spectrum you will not beat players at the highest end. New professional football players don't practice with seasoned NFL athletes before they join, they play against lower "ranking" players, improve their skill and move up. The same thing happens with ranked in League. Your point about not enough education in how to play the game is also good, but how does someone fix that? Riot could post informational videos about basics of team play sure, but how much will that actually do? There are plenty of Youtubers and Twitch steamers that help lower ranked players, so maybe try to reach out to those people. If you want to quit that's your choice, but one massively important thing about improving in League is to come to terms with your own lack of skill. Blaming teammates or Riot's programming won't do shit, it won't make you better. Play with the knowledge that you will fuck up several things in a game and you can more easily see what those things are and try to not do them in the future.
> [{quoted}](name=Man Lee Fisto,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Wnw4LGGn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-17T23:29:51.799+0000) > > You're not going to be learning shit playing against Diamond players and getting your shit stomped. If you can't even beat the players at the lowest end of the ranked spectrum you will not beat players at the highest end. New professional football players don't practice with seasoned NFL athletes before they join, they play against lower "ranking" players, improve their skill and move up. The same thing happens with ranked in League. > > Your point about not enough education in how to play the game is also good, but how does someone fix that? > Yes, people certainly would learn playing against Diamond players being anywhere below that rank. You may get shitstomped for 4-10 games until you learn the playstyle. The biggest issue with lower ranks is there is no strategy to it. It's a shitshow and you're lucky to get a cohesive group that is interested in killing the nexus. At least in higher ELO it's a telegraphed show or as best they can make it of different strategies being put in place using a small variety of champions. It's more of a game of chess rather than poker... Because really, what are we doing? Attempting to emulate perfect robotic behavior and everyone knows a computer can beat the best human at chess but has yet to in poker. The road to 30 is long. Instead of having this XP system that is useless past level 30... Why not make the game a series of tutorials and minigames, buffed up even, use your imagination, that teach these things to players so that when they get to level 30 and they've played all these fun tutorial, pvp, mingames they are not only ready to play, they are educated in the sport. Okay, so now what? You have all these players who are already level 30 and aren't going to go through the tutorials and you're stuck with new players coming in who are essentially BETTER than the ones we have now... Well, guess what happens? Reset. This is where the new Ranked system is introduced and anyone with an existing account has to complete the level 30 minigames to unlock it and it's basically a race to Rank 1 from there, you bet people would jump at the chance to have a screencap of being Rank 1 in League. Best tournament ever! I would personally like to see it locked to SOLO Q for 1 Ranked ladder and I'd like to see another Ladder for Premades (2-5).
: PSA: when your opponent left lane, shove the wave.
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/Wnw4LGGn-here-is-why-people-hate-this-game-but-can-not-quit-due-to-addiction
Rioter Comments
: some of your ideas are good, and i know your heart is in the right place.. but overall i would have to disagree with this post first off.. none of this even matters until we have a ranking system that is even worth playing again second i don't like the idea how having a pop up box every game. i threw the idea about mastery restriction for ranked games out right when mastery first came out while i think lvl 5 is too much to ask for.. i think lvl 4 should be required and while i thought it was a perfect idea. my thread got a response telling me why this is bad, and it was one that completely overlooked and i really cant figure out away around it, so i had to concede. the issue with this is, as someone responded to my idea when i posted it in my own thread, was we are required to have 16 champ in order to play ranked now this is done because you need 16 champs because there are 6 bans and 10 picks (3 bans and 5 picks per team) now i HATED this when i first start playing because even today... i am really only comfortable playing a few champs ranked but i understand it is technically POSSIBLE for me not to be able to pick a champ if EVERY champ i owned was either picked or banned.. so i see why its necessary. the problem with the mastery requirement is the same issue.. i already have lvl 4 mastery on EVERY champion in i play in ranked. but i DON'T play 16 champion. and as much as i like the idea of making it so you can only player lvl 4 mastery and above champs in ranked.. i really don't have any counter argument to the response saying that i would then need to lvl up 16 champion to lvl 4 or 5 to play ranked. because that is unacceptable. if it wasn't for this issue i would totally support mastery requirements in ranked... as i think it would be a great thing but until someone find a way around this issue, i would rather not be FORCED to lvl up about 5 or so more champs to lvl 4 that i never intend to play just so i can play ranked again. buying a few 450 ip champs i would never play was easy enough was to bypass the 16 champ rule, but lvling 16 champs to lvl 4 or 5 is going to take FOREVER for a new player. becuase you cant earn mastery vs bots.. and the lvling 1-30 process is soo filled with smurfs that even as a high silver players.. even playing my main i can only stay toe to toe with the gold at plat players until they get fed off my teammates,, becuase while i don't DIE to them in lane very often.. i cant BEAT them, and eventually they get kills off my teammates. so even though i have been in silver for 3 seasons i cant even played pvp on my smurf, because i cant beat the plat + smurfs.. i just play bots and if a player who has been playing for 3 years isnt even playing pvp in the lvl 1-30 chances are new players wont even reach lvl 4 mastery more then 3 champions before they hit 30, if even that many.. meaning not only do they need to buy runes.. AND champsion.. but they need to get lvl 4 mastery on ALL those champions... and thats WAY too much to ask...
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XBUiphEZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-06-17T05:24:35.524+0000) > > some of your ideas are good, and i know your heart is in the right place.. but overall i would have to disagree with this post > > first off.. none of this even matters until we have a ranking system that is even worth playing again > second i don't like the idea how having a pop up box every game. > > i threw the idea about mastery restriction for ranked games out right when mastery first came out > while i think lvl 5 is too much to ask for.. i think lvl 4 should be required and while i thought it was a perfect idea. my thread got a response telling me why this is bad, and it was one that completely overlooked and i really cant figure out away around it, so i had to concede. > > the issue with this is, as someone responded to my idea when i posted it in my own thread, was > we are required to have 16 champ in order to play ranked > > now this is done because you need 16 champs because there are 6 bans and 10 picks (3 bans and 5 picks per team) > > now i HATED this when i first start playing because even today... i am really only comfortable playing a few champs ranked > but i understand it is technically POSSIBLE for me not to be able to pick a champ if EVERY champ i owned was either picked or banned.. so i see why its necessary. > > the problem with the mastery requirement is the same issue.. > i already have lvl 4 mastery on EVERY champion in i play in ranked. > > but i DON'T play 16 champion. and as much as i like the idea of making it so you can only player lvl 4 mastery and above champs in ranked.. > i really don't have any counter argument to the response saying that i would then need to lvl up 16 champion to lvl 4 or 5 to play ranked. > > because that is unacceptable. > > if it wasn't for this issue i would totally support mastery requirements in ranked... as i think it would be a great thing > but until someone find a way around this issue, i would rather not be FORCED to lvl up about 5 or so more champs to lvl 4 that i never intend to play just so i can play ranked again. > > buying a few 450 ip champs i would never play was easy enough was to bypass the 16 champ rule, but lvling 16 champs to lvl 4 or 5 is going to take FOREVER for a new player. > > becuase you cant earn mastery vs bots.. and the lvling 1-30 process is soo filled with smurfs that even as a high silver players.. even playing my main i can only stay toe to toe with the gold at plat players until they get fed off my teammates,, becuase while i don't DIE to them in lane very often.. i cant BEAT them, and eventually they get kills off my teammates. > > so even though i have been in silver for 3 seasons i cant even played pvp on my smurf, because i cant beat the plat + smurfs.. i just play bots > > and if a player who has been playing for 3 years isnt even playing pvp in the lvl 1-30 > > chances are new players wont even reach lvl 4 mastery more then 3 champions before they hit 30, if even that many.. meaning not only do they need to buy runes.. AND champsion.. but they need to get lvl 4 mastery on ALL those champions... > > and thats WAY too much to ask... You already receive a pop-up box when you accept the match after queue pops. The ranking system is flawed. It's not based off a linear Win/Loss ratio and that creates an atmosphere if inequality in matchmaking. The best way to get better games is to educate the players and train them to be better, like any sport. Sadly there are no "minor leagues" for LoL so you resort to Ranked and then get stuck with players of a similar skill level and never see on any sort of consistent basis players better than you so you might test your skills. The system also is flawed in a sense that I am fairly certain it has built in protection for "boosters" and automatically adjusts match making. I recently went on a few 10+ game win streaks and noticed that following my first loss, i get matched with the WORST players of the 9 grouped in a match with me. The 4 I get have all given up, and i'm talking CONSISTENTLY 3-5 kills to the enemy team in the first 15 minutes of the game. This will go on until I am demoted several divisions, back to where I was originally before my win steak and I will proceed to be matched with players who tend to play more patiently, 1-2 kills to the enemy team in first 15 minutes... and I begin the climb again... Rinse, Repeat, ELO Hell. I wish I screencapped every time I pressed TAB while being 0-0-0 or 1-1-1 or 0-1-0 and seeing those 0-3-0 or 1-5-0 scores on every one of my teammates. I obviously get smashed and end the game with a bad score because of the advantage my teammates handed over to the enemy. There should be no more Bronze to Diamond. It should be Challenger > Master > Gauntlet. Challenger and Master should remain in the same ranking system as they are now and the Gauntlet should be ranked by simple Win/Loss. Master tier is also entered as Challenger is from Master now. Each season the Gauntlet is reset. Challenger and Master tier remains. EDIT: I would even settle, for now, Bronze being removed from the Ranking system and instead when you drop from Silver V you are on Ranked Restricted for the next 5 games, each time... or something to that effect. :)
: You can tell OP is one of those annoyingly anal players who tries to micro manage what everyone does and questions what everyone builds: > You're 3 cs down and you built _that_?? GG another scrub, why do I never get decent players Rito
> [{quoted}](name=relevantex,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XBUiphEZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-06-17T04:56:50.007+0000) > > You can tell OP is one of those annoyingly anal players who tries to micro manage what everyone does and questions what everyone builds: Reported.
: Lol troll?
> [{quoted}](name=Red Rengo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XBUiphEZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-17T02:58:45.077+0000) > > Lol troll? Reported.
Rioter Comments
: Suggestion: Change to Anivia, Trundle and Jarvan IV.
Rioter Comments
Ônyx (NA)
: PSA: As a jungler im NOT obligated to give you my buffs.
Dude, the fact you use the term "my buffs" is why you are not in the LCS. They are the team's buffs and you give them to who needs them at that particular point in the game. If that happens to be you every time, so be it. If it happens to be the midlaner every time, so be it. If it's the adc or support, nice. The buffs should help your team, especially in laning phase, equal out a lane if they are having troubles in it. Consider a scenario where your bot lane is losing hard, give the support or ADC blue buff and now they can spam poke and guess what... you can go to another section of the map and hardfarm/gank. :)
Rioter Comments
: Is your 5 man team not winning?
Very observant, not so bright... :) Sorry, not accepting any of you three.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=ATEMMETA,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-04-29T12:42:25.416+0000) > > 1. It is a sport. The Ranked Ladder is where people are picked to play in the LCS, so, therefore, its professional play, especially now, considering the "Dynamics" of it. That would mean that college and highschool football is the NFL because they are where the NFL looks for possible players. Which is false. > [{quoted}](name=ATEMMETA,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-04-29T12:42:25.416+0000) > > I don't know whether to laugh at your comparison or to actually take the time to explain to you how wrong it is... ? Whoever you quoted this from, they have a point. They way you are acting and speaking (well, typing) is making it seem like you are adamant that all people should take ranked as serious as possible, something that is commonly a culprit of ruining the fun of playing the game. Making this post is a statement to people saying that you should put trying over having fun, in a general sense. If you didn't mean this, just edit the original post so it doesn't come off that way. > [{quoted}](name=ATEMMETA,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-04-29T12:42:25.416+0000) > > You don't think league takes any physical capabilities? Although, I would say it's about 70/30 mental/physical, it still does take extreme coordination. You should train, maybe you won't be one of the assholes clogging up the ladder on me... Again, don't know why you quoted someone else in a response to my comment. The same could be said for chess. Chess takes a HEAP of mental skill, and often has tournaments in communities or local areas. These local competitions, because they are a ranking but are very low level, are comparable to gold and below ranked play in LoL. However, not all people who go to those competitions are motivated to train 24/7 and become the grandmaster of chest. Some of them just want to go and see how well they do, maybe just to enjoy the game. Most of these arguments you are making are using something called Ad Hominem. If you've taken a Rhetoric class, its when you avoid some of the conversation by attacking the person's credibility or person. Examples: "maybe you won't be one of the assholes clogging up the ladder" and "I don't know whether to laugh at your comparison or...". People won't take you seriously if you do this.
> [{quoted}](name=SlayerTay6,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-04-29T13:43:15.138+0000) > > That would mean that college and highschool football is the NFL because they are where the NFL looks for possible players. Which is false. Not the NFL, but certainly breeding grounds for it, thus making it competitive and serious... You're telling me Highschool and College/Uni Football isn't taken seriously? > [{quoted}](name=SlayerTay6,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-04-29T13:43:15.138+0000) > Whoever you quoted this from, they have a point. They way you are acting and speaking (well, typing) is making it seem like you are adamant that all people should take ranked as serious as possible, something that is commonly a culprit of ruining the fun of playing the game. Making this post is a statement to people saying that you should put trying over having fun, in a general sense. If you didn't mean this, just edit the original post so it doesn't come off that way. No, it's right. I am 100% saying people should be tying IN RANKED over tying to have fun. > [{quoted}](name=SlayerTay6,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-04-29T13:43:15.138+0000) > Again, don't know why you quoted someone else in a response to my comment. The same could be said for chess. Chess takes a HEAP of mental skill, and often has tournaments in communities or local areas. These local competitions, because they are a ranking but are very low level, are comparable to gold and below ranked play in LoL. However, not all people who go to those competitions are motivated to train 24/7 and become the grandmaster of chest. Some of them just want to go and see how well they do, maybe just to enjoy the game. Sure, play your placements, get a feel for where you are that season. Go back to normals, practice, jump back into ranked when you are serious. Just like entering one of those chess tournaments... > [{quoted}](name=SlayerTay6,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-04-29T13:43:15.138+0000) > Most of these arguments you are making are using something called Ad Hominem. If you've taken a Rhetoric class, its when you avoid some of the conversation by attacking the person's credibility or person. Examples: "maybe you won't be one of the assholes clogging up the ladder" and "I don't know whether to laugh at your comparison or...". People won't take you seriously if you do this. I'm not attacking their credibility, attacking credibility would be something like "Your opinion does not matter, Bronzie." or "You're wrong because you're an asshole.". Essentially, I'm the asshole here stating facts that are seemingly, by the look at the replies, indisputable.
BeeCuz (NA)
: http://pre04.deviantart.net/5c6d/th/pre/i/2015/113/f/4/__league_of_legends___ashe__the_frost_archer_by_artsy_akalei-d5s2spl.png It's an interesting perspective, so since competitive play is the subject I shall offer some competitive conversation: A team sport such as football is not the same thing as an individual sport such as golf, and so the MVP carry mentality experiences quite a bit of pain from attempting to play as a single person. It's my opinion that the best use of ladder/ranked gaming is to sort players into experience/expertise categories, so that everyone can enjoy a good challenge without ROFL-stomps.
> [{quoted}](name=BeeCuz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-04-29T12:36:45.682+0000) > > http://pre04.deviantart.net/5c6d/th/pre/i/2015/113/f/4/__league_of_legends___ashe__the_frost_archer_by_artsy_akalei-d5s2spl.png > > It's an interesting perspective, so since competitive play is the subject I shall offer some competitive conversation: A team sport such as football is not the same thing as an individual sport such as golf, and so the MVP carry mentality experiences quite a bit of pain from attempting to play as a single person. > > It's my opinion that the best use of ladder/ranked gaming is to sort players into experience/expertise categories, so that everyone can enjoy a good challenge without ROFL-stomps. I agree... but this MMR system that is in place is not serving that purpose as a whole.
: > [{quoted}](name=ATEMMETA,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-04-29T11:56:46.660+0000) > > When you queue up for Ranked it equates to you signing up, joining a professional sports team that has a rotating roster and competing to be the top of the ranks. > > Finally, to all you casuals clogging up the ladder rungs of the Ranked Ladder, please do everyone a favor and stick to Normals, ARAM and PVE. 1) No it's not. The League ranked ladder is not equivalent to a professional roster. The LCS is equivalent to a professional roster. The ranked ladder consists of tens of millions of people, playing on home computers or laptops, who made three clicks in order to start a queue timer. It's them playing a part of the game that gives them back a label so that they can see how good they are. It's the numbered version of normals. It's NOT a sport, it's a game. Pro play is what the sport is for League. 2) I consider myself a casual. I play to have fun, and I could care less if my team has a jungle Swain, or if our Tryndamere has a deathcap. I could care less if I win or lose. But that doesn't mean that I'm holding players back or that I'm "clogging up the ranked ladder". In fact, being a "filthy casual" got me from B1 to S1 in a month, carrying almost every game and having the funnest season I've had yet. Casuals aren't holding you back. You determine your rank, and a big part of it is your mentality.
> [{quoted}](name=SlayerTay6,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-04-29T12:30:09.872+0000) > > 1) No it's not. The League ranked ladder is not equivalent to a professional roster. The LCS is equivalent to a professional roster. The ranked ladder consists of tens of millions of people, playing on home computers or laptops, who made three clicks in order to start a queue timer. It's them playing a part of the game that gives them back a label so that they can see how good they are. It's the numbered version of normals. It's NOT a sport, it's a game. Pro play is what the sport is for League. > > 2) I consider myself a casual. I play to have fun, and I could care less if my team has a jungle Swain, or if our Tryndamere has a deathcap. I could care less if I win or lose. > > But that doesn't mean that I'm holding players back or that I'm "clogging up the ranked ladder". In fact, being a "filthy casual" got me from B1 to S1 in a month, carrying almost every game and having the funnest season I've had yet. Casuals aren't holding you back. You determine your rank, and a big part of it is your mentality. 1. It is a sport. The Ranked Ladder is where people are picked to play in the LCS, so, therefore, its professional play, especially now, considering the "Dynamics" of it. 2. I don't care what you play, but it better not hinder your performance, use of the champion or your teammates. > [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-04-29T12:31:26.165+0000) > > I shall tell the local kids at the park immediately to stop playing soccer or basketball for fun. ATEMMETA has declared anything that can be competitive cannot be fun and is serious business! I don't know whether to laugh at your comparison or to actually take the time to explain to you how wrong it is... ? > [{quoted}](name=FrankerX,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w058n8Gy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-04-29T12:12:25.402+0000) > > "league is a sport" sorry but i just cant take NA seriously when they say that. its competitive and stuff yes but sport (in my opinion) was always something that has to do with you being trained or shit. like your body. not gaming You don't think league takes any physical capabilities? Although, I would say it's about 70/30 mental/physical, it still does take extreme coordination. You should train, maybe you won't be one of the assholes clogging up the ladder on me...
Rioter Comments
: Screen Flash on Teammate Damage
Rioter Comments
: Daily role-play.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Defensive Hybrid Item
Sure, buff {{champion:24}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:5}} etc etc. Then, please, just adjust the banning process to simply ban these champions every time without having any players actually do anything. Hell, skip the banning phase, lets just move onto champ select and exclude these champs because they're just perma-banned anyways... Wait, maybe... just maybe you're onto something!!! DO IT!
: The Army of 5
Bump Again :)
Rioter Comments
Show more

q O y O p

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion