Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: On the plus side he'll heal so much he's unkillable....... {{item:3065}} {{item:3091}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3153}} = perma topped HP..... And if he wants to be a prick he can add {{item:3124}} to double proc both his own innate heal plus this heal....., giving him over 400 HP per auto...
Rios240 (NA)
: New skin for Annie
I think shes getting star guardian this year.
: The sharp spike in getting autofilled JG should be a wakeup call to Riot
I feel like every role I want to play gets screwed over by riot. I was a top main but then they buffed darius, put victor top, and had irelia and jax exist ( granted i played a lot of jax but still). Now with nasus havinf 12 stacks, theres always like 3 things I have to ban so I said I'll main jg now. Except now, most of my teams will have bot lane losing, and I cant snowball anything, nor consistently get fed enough to steamroll.
: Personal opinion: season 9 has become the hardest one to carry and win games in
Everyone says duo, but if you're like me and can't just play broken champs. Lately i switched to jg from support. But when I play support I have to play morgana and pyke. I have no way of knowing if my adc is competent or not so the only way to carry as a support is to 1v2 bot lane.
: A message from your jungler.
Add if i camp you and you still end up feeding, i'm not the problem, you are
: Overall Aatrox lore, ingame model and Ult/Revive were good improvements. However I would have liked if Aatrox stayed as a Champion that relied on attack speed and sustain and not this more, Bursty type of champion that can also kinda tank with his ult. I believe it was a lost chance to implement a new unique mechanic tied to Attack speed that could really make Aatrox feel skill expressive and overall good to play, without making it seem like a downgrade Riven. For an example, the more Attack speed you get, the faster your abilities cast, starting with slow basic abilities from the beginning and then as you itemize, you will feel like a rampaging bloodthirsty Darkin. Change the Q, W and make Aatrox E a small dash like now, but once he ults, he actually gets his old Q pre Rework, and with each kill, he gets a CDR refund on his E and increases his ult duration.
This. He was an auto based drain tank. Now hes a bruiser that feels like riven but slower. His old ult also made him a "true darkin" which is different now ofc with the lore update, but it gave him a huge auto range increase. Now all it does is revive you and gave his passive a slight auto range buff.
: Chain CC (i think) needs a nerf
It's not the cc, even 5 years ago cc was annoying, but you could still power through, now if you get hit by 1 thing, you'll die nearly instantly
: You know what is even better then that? Flashing mastery 4. M4 is the best one to spam as it is so anti-climatic
This is why I dont get anything past m5
: > [{quoted}](name=Kalikain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEIPV9Xg,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T17:55:13.097+0000) > > Yeah, and flex is easier to climb... Might try it out be warned, even with matches being more balanced, you will still run into LOTS of {{champion:48}} , inters, and overall bitchy players that want to ff if they lose lane. soooo...in short flex has not changed in a bit.
> [{quoted}](name=KaibaNotAFriend,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEIPV9Xg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T18:00:43.350+0000) > > be warned, even with matches being more balanced, you will still run into LOTS of {{champion:48}} , inters, and overall bitchy players that want to ff if they lose lane. > > soooo...in short flex has not changed in a bit. I like trundle though, would love to see more of him XD
Manxxom (NA)
: About Taurus Demon in Dark Souls
Are you playing on the remastered? Because I never got that problem in the original.
Rioter Comments
gdogwow (NA)
: Vayne nerfs? She’s only 52% win rate with 23% pick rate and 20% ban rate even tho she’s a “late game” hypercarry and a really easy champion to play. She can only kill you in <5 auto attacks. Isn’t that what Adc are supposed to do? Honestly she needs buffed. Maybe change her q cooldown during her ult to 75% discounted CD. That might make her better than the dogshit 52% wr she’s at now.
The only reason she has a 52% winrate is because everyone at low elo just thinks oh im vayne i can 1v5 at every point in the game hurdurr
: An apology to the league community
Last night i told my "support" gfys and left. Some people troll gl
Εlin (EUW)
: This game makes me cry
Take a break man. If you're getting upset to the point where you cry over it take a break for a few days at least. This weekend was so bad I literally won 2 out of 8 games. And the 2 I won weren't because I was good, it was because I got to play against the feeder. Take a break, play Apex or something, relax and come back with the mindset that it's just a game. And mute all.
Rioter Comments
: Its sad that people cant climb because of trolls. I use to think its because there are more skilled players but NOPE
> [{quoted}](name=Starmfangy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8IYk9EsL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-20T04:13:32.027+0000) > > Its sad that people cant climb because of trolls. I use to think its because there are more skilled players but NOPE In flex Q you can be matched against better players. Idk how it'll help you though, because i was annie against a good zed. Got destroyed.
Fízz v2 (EUW)
: Nah I think theyve learned from their last fun but overloaded kits. Im more afraid that the next new champs and reworks will be too weak/niche/underloaded. You kinda already see that with Sylas tbh
Is he under loaded? I havent seen much of him but when I do he tends to run away with the game. Although I guess he is niche.
Galiö (NA)
: Well TBH current Kayle is unstoppable late game. So if they make Kayle have similar late game power with a stronger early game I can see this being an issue. But it doesnt look that Kayle can share her R (not confirmed) and it doesnt look like she can AA during her R (which was her window of being an absolute monster) So if anything she can (prob) be weaker late game (which is currently busted) and will be much stronger early but hopefully not too strong.
I thought Meddler said they would be keeping the ability that her R can be used on allies, it was a long time ago though. But yeah as long as they keep her e and R most people should be happy.
: How can we talk about a kit we have literally seen nothing of outside of a staged video?
Ik. The point is to speculate though. Given riots recent track record, I am mostly curious as to how broken she will be upon release.
B3Prof (NA)
: But enough about that, have you seen her appearance? It's TERRIBLE.
I saw her neck haha. But I'm not a kayle main so I don't really care what she looks like.
Rioter Comments
NahDaddy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=reaper4042,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9cV6ETE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-05T16:59:37.239+0000) > > Yeah I would im torn between annie, malzahar and renekton. I really wish they had another hextech jg skin though. Hecarim Is cool but I like his arcade skin better. That's _exactly_ what I was thinking! Hecarim is a lot of fun but I prefer his arcade skin over his gemstone skin as well. It would be amazing if Riot could release a genuine hextech skin for a jungler,
> [{quoted}](name=NahDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9cV6ETE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-05T17:01:01.402+0000) > > That's _exactly_ what I was thinking! Hecarim is a lot of fun but I prefer his arcade skin over his gemstone skin as well. It would be amazing if Riot could release a genuine hextech skin for a jungler, Yeah fingers crossed. Hopefully hextech Jax or ww
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Depends on what champ you play the most you could also just wait and see if there's any other cool hextech skins in the future
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9cV6ETE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-05T17:02:10.310+0000) > > Depends on what champ you play the most > > you could also just wait and see if there's any other cool hextech skins in the future Yeah I might just sit on them, Super Galaxy Annie is a nice skin if I ever play annie, and I like ekko or diana better in the mid lane.
: I have 9 gemstones, what hextech skin should I get?
Yeah I would im torn between annie, malzahar and renekton. I really wish they had another hextech jg skin though. Hecarim Is cool but I like his arcade skin better.
Rioter Comments
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
Yeah it came across bad. I like his ult it fits in lore wise. I dont really like his passive though because he'll use an ability and twirl. It's mostly an aesthetic thing for me. If they switched the animation for his passive and his q (the slow i haven't played him in a while) i'd be happy. But again its mostly an aesthetic thing for me, his in game abilities have no bearing to the lore, the artwork does better imo.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
Actually his in game model is different than his artwork. He looks a lot more starved and evil in his artwork. Personally though hes a chain champ who doesnt really use chains. Like thresh uses his chain and it makes sense. His chains make him twirl. If they updated his passive so it used either more of a magic effect or more of a brutal effect (like smashing the ground like a savage) it would fir in a bit more.
: I'm confused, shouldn't he be placed in a game with others at his skill level via top based upon position based ranks? Or am I misunderstanding how the position ranks are working?
: Season 9 - 6 Losses in a row (S4 down to B4 within 24hrs)
Yeah i demoted from gold to silver last season with 12 losses in a row (but hey its preseason lol right?), dont play ranked for a few weeks because of the trolls. And I am a support main got placed b1, but i highly recommend playing either a full damage support ( i main leona, thresh and sona personally) but it is a nightmare keeping some of these adc's alive. I'm playing kayn jg and its hard because i literally have to solo carry, but as a jg (or mid) you will have much more control over the game then as a support in lower elo.
BigFBear (EUW)
: I would rather have doubled or trippled queue time than playing with autofills!
I had someone get filled top lane and after his 10th death i was like why are you so bad, and he said this is my first time playing top lane.. Great system
Rioter Comments
: Need some help from high elo's
Thresh is always gonna be a good pick in every meta. Rakan is better at higher elos because your adc knows how to follow up ( hes my personal favorite though), pyke is currently cancer, as well as one of the easiest ways to climb, brand zyra and either velkoz or xerath are good damage supports. Then of course you have janna, lulu, nami and sona who are good teamfighters and antidivers
AORVAL (NA)
: The Plat Experience
I moved from top lane because of this. I play support now because that way I have some control over my idiot adc dying, i.e make sure they dont die by spamming heals, or I play mid lane, because if you are good mechanically, its significantly easier to carry from the mid lane compared to the jg. The main reasons are the fact that you can get yourself ahead by winning lane and setting ur opponent behind. As you are ahead you can just shove the wave on and help your jg gank other lanes, which not only improves their ganks, but nearly guarantees a kill. And in most cases you dont get a team dumb enough to blow a 15 kill lead, which is surprisingly easy to get if you play cut and dry.
KazKaz (OCE)
: Win rate doesn't correlate to how overpowered a champion is sometimes (Irelia + Akali)
Thats not news, she's just unfun to play against, especially in a melee matchup
Quáx (NA)
: Zed vs Akali is a super fun match. As a Zed main, its very skill based and can go back and forth. Good Zed's however, probably have an advantage over almost all other mid lane mains.
Yeah once he hits 6 i play super safe. But like all ad assasins he falls off once i have zhonyas, and tabis
Rioter Comments
Kilpta47 (NA)
: I think I understand what Riot is trying to do with the jungle. And I actually really like the idea.
K i get what you're saying in theory. However it is implemented poorly. At high elos having a more team based comp works out a lot more. At lower elos relying on your team is how you lose. For example, support is the most "team based role", and yet pyke, brand, and zyra are the best supports at most if not all elos. And they can solo carry teams with raw damage. trying to get cc heavier jgs to come back, rammus, ivern etc, at high elos will lead to more dual lanes than actual jg. Again, this is more of a high elo nerf, lower elo no one really knows how to jg anyways.
: You probably have some friends. go ask them how many of them enjoy playing tanks in video games. how many want to just sit there and take it. You want to force tanks on people, but most people don't want tanks. That's all. And that's why tanks only see a lot of play when they are broken as fuck. Which is why the support was overall a hated role. support used to be: blitz, thresh, Leona, Alistair, taric, nautilus. Janna, Nami, karma So mainly tanks, and those that weren't tank barely did any damage. people do not like playing tanks. So, if your muy bueno top laners are tank players, ofc you will barely find any. Most people would avoid that unless they get paid for it. not everyone is a masochist that just wants to sit there and take it on the chin for the sake of their team.
I mean, its a team game, and the only team oriented role are tanks. You normally would need 1-2 tanks but in this meta why bother.
: It's waaaaay past due for a Superhero Galio skin
Lol id die if he screamed detroit smash when he ults.
: > [{quoted}](name=reaper4042,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JqN1zElR,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-16T16:50:56.747+0000) > > I pretty much play sona and thresh ( occasionally pyke). So i'm heavy into the resolve tree for shields and defense. With pyke i go aftershock and relentless hunter/ ghost poro but I rarely play him because I am bad at peeling with him. Thresh is my go to but if they hide behind minions its hard for me to go aggro. Sona is a good allrounder imo, but I ban brand and zyra whenever i can. Well, with Thresh, thats why move speed is pretty good for him. While some use moba boots, i prefer swifties, but thats a to each their own thing.... but being able to move around and either gank another lane with a quick hook or to go around the minions to peel the enemy off (when you can), working with your adc so that you arnt 2v1ing cause your adc didnt want to follow up kinda thing.... plus you can always just auto from time to time for the poke from flay. That and tossing your lantern well enough for the ally to grab, and being able to do the hook lamp pull to get your jungler in or whatever.... that is some of the more noticeable things of Thresh. With Sona, but she isnt as flashy or providing as much utility. She pokes and pokes, dodge and poke some more, speed up heal, oh look enemy is now dancing then dead. With her, besides the normal supporting stuff... it is more about juking and dodging rather than flashy plays. You are poking the enemy down consistantly and getting gold in the process... (klepto is nice with that). Knowing when to use your ulti or not to is going to be determined by how hard of an engage they can do. You will either want it for counter engage, disengage, or self engage. Another thing that, although it is not as utilized because nearly everyone wants that Q damage boost.... is the empowered autos. The heal reduces damage that the enemy does, the speed reduces enemy speed. Knowing when to use those different ones will put you above other sonas. If you like champions like Thresh and Sona and stuff..... one that i would suggest trying out is Nami. All of her spells when used on an ally speed them up (yes, even the bubble), and she has a mix of cc, heal, damage, auto enhancing that slows or helps ADCs get those last hits on casters after turret shots, and then the ulti is similar to Sonas with an added benefit of it helps out Yasuos, it is a knock rather than a stun and cant be cleansed, it does slow and doubles the move speed your allies get when you hit them with the ulti.... so it makes for a great engage or disengage tool. Just a suggestion though lol
Wow thanks that was a lot of inof! And yeah I was looking at either Bard, Nami, and taric for a third choice. Will definitely look into nami
: Though most play differently.... playing "well" as a support is subjective to many things. 1st, theres vision. Id suggest that earlier on you max out the control wards you can carry and keep the yellow trinket a little longer until you are out of laning phase. 2nd, it depends on playstyle and knowing how to utilize different champions strengths and knowing their weaknesses (of adc as well). For example, Blitzcrank just is not a poking champ. You pull, you knock, if your adc is a caitlyn then you pull into a trap.... if your adc is vayne you pull near a wall.... etc. Being a good support with him is keeping vision up, pulling the enemy in good fights, getting kills, being able to predict an opponents movements so that you can pull. Morgana is different..... being a goof support with her specifically is being able to predict movements so you can bind people, having good reaction times on your black shield (preferably good enough that you shield AFTER the enemy uses the cc, but BEFORE it hits.... but that takes a lot of practice.) Etc.... 3rd, knowing when to roam and when to not and keeping an eye on the minimap so that you know where the enemy jungler is and ping it. If it is an eve, a trick that can be utilized for blue side especially is the ghost poro. Putting it in tribush will cause it to careful ping when invisible eve goes through the bush. You can have the second bit of the domination tree being either ulti cooldown reduce, move speed increase, or item cooldown reduce depending on how you play as well.
I pretty much play sona and thresh ( occasionally pyke). So i'm heavy into the resolve tree for shields and defense. With pyke i go aftershock and relentless hunter/ ghost poro but I rarely play him because I am bad at peeling with him. Thresh is my go to but if they hide behind minions its hard for me to go aggro. Sona is a good allrounder imo, but I ban brand and zyra whenever i can.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: You can't see your real mmr anywhere I checked your opgg and you should try to buy at least 2 control wards in a game and just you know, place more wards
yeah i usually use wards around river or objectives. for bot lane i use sweeper on dragon pit and the bushes then ward the pit, the river and the tri. Granted I dont back as much, so when the wards expire I dont have anymore wards. Should I back more or just keep 2 control wards at all times?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=reaper4042,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kjxkix5T,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-01-15T19:41:50.586+0000) > > Actually you get about half the champs from level up rewards by the time you get to level 30. Its the accounts that didnt buy all champs before the level up changes that it takes longer for Whoa, really? You get 70 champs by level 30?
> [{quoted}](name=Monstermushmush,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kjxkix5T,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T03:01:14.713+0000) > > Whoa, really? You get 70 champs by level 30? Yeah I made a fresh account, it only level 10 and I have about 40 champs ( theyre all low value though but still)
: > [{quoted}](name=reaper4042,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=exAnRyNP,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T15:32:38.390+0000) > > my mind goes like this, if i dont jg, i have no jg, and if i jg i have no bot lane. Only so much one can do to carry themselves, and jg has the most impact on the game. But i have more fun making plays (like landing that crucial hook) than trying to gank every lane while being told no ganks ffs Isnt that the worst possible way to play jg? I thought the game is all about bot lane right now. Jungle should focus on snowballing their bot lane, not ignoring it, no? Idk, I'm only a petty silver player. Just pretty sure that bot lane is pretty fuckin important lol. Oh yeah, as other guy said, we got that new iron division, so a lot of ranks are all over the place right now. People gotta settle into their divisions.
Ik its importnat by have no bot lane i mean they're dead 80% of the time. Rather thann give a triple kill down there i try and focus on getting my mid laner and top laner ahead as much as I can. Plus i mostly play tanky/ bruisery jg anyways, so its not like I do good damage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aMBbXtFo,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-01-14T14:36:28.147+0000) > > Indeed it is how it is supposed to be, as in marksmen do not beat tanks normally. > > And Mundo´s ult has been balanced to heal a ton even through GW as he is useless otherwise, now GW is just a baseline requirment to even stand a chance at dealing with him. > > > And malp can easily 1v1 a marksman like Ashe/cait even with a full tank build up to 4 items or so, because they are glass cannos that cant endure any damage on their own. > > Its what makes vayne/Lucian/kai´sa so strong by comparison, they have means to avoid damage thus they might survive and do damage making them far more powerful when compared. > > Except the issue here is that you need 3 crit items to effectively use crit at all, that leaves 1 slot for lifesteal and 1 for armor pen and 1 for boots, i personally tried only using 2 but it wasnt good, not even on Ashe who doesnt crit the normal way. > > And so do you see any room for defensive items in a crit build? Me neither, which is why crit marksmen generally are massive hit or miss cases that flunder extremely in performance but generally sink very quickly against tanks until they have 5 items+ boots,,,,or full build rather. > > Full build to be any good? A counter? Might as well pick Cassio/malz, get liandry&rylai early and just melt the tanks in 10 seconds, end the game at 4 items before the marksmen even know what is going on. > > Other option for the marksmen is to use a onhit build but only a few can actually use those effectively, like kog/vayne/Varus/kai´sa, or rely in something else like Lucian and MF does, namely stomping early and ending before anyone else gets moving. > > > > So putting it simply, marksmen overall are shit tier picks for dealing with tanks, oddballs and exceptions like vayne wont change that. > > > Instead you want to look for mages like the mentioned malz/cassio/brand/Zyra/anivia or melee that can use black cleaver or skipping that, conqueror and just shredd any tank right through like Darius/Garen/Kled or even Riven if i recall > > Fiora is a oddball like Vayne so i wont use her as a example but she is pretty much the toplane equivalent of Vayne so mention her i should still. > > > > So my point, the best counters you can possibly find to tanks are mages who can use Liandry well or melee who use black cleaver or conqueror well. > > Marksmen in general? Takes far far far far faaaaar too long for them to get useful. That’s an issue with marksman itemization and the state of the game in general, but their purpose is supposed to be sustained damage, DPS, which is supposed to bring down tanks and objectives. That turns on the most at full build, which is hard to get to these days from the sound of things. It’s not a fault of their purpose, but the state of the game and their items. Marksmen are **supposed** to be the main DPS class, which means they should be the class that’s best tuned to take down tanks. But they have been forced into certain builds that don’t allow armor pen. They rushed crit in the past because of the spike IE gave with it’s old passive, and now it’s tougher for them to do so since it now converts a portion of crit damage to true, although that does allow them to be better against tanks without equally exploding squishier champs. I believe this was the intended purpose of the change. The thing is marksmen, the DPS class, were tank killers before as well. They were the mandatory class for objecive power, late game power, and killing of tanks (damage outscales defense). They didn’t have the trouble they have now. So what changed? Crit mandatory, crit paths, inability to properly itemize. ADCs at one point needed 3-4 crit items because you had to have 80-100%. But that doesn’t change the fact that ADCs are supposed to be one of the main tank counters. DPS mages as well, but those aren’t as common, and again, DPS that ADCs also deliver, and more reliably at that (auto attacks). Don’t forget that a common view a couple seasons ago was that tanks were just living batteries for the ADC and were just being shredded by them. You may disagree, but DPS classes were always the way to kill tanks, and ADCs are *the* DPS class. But that requires a change in philosophy, builds, and game state. That might mean sacrificing having 80-100% crit to be able to punch through armor, or lifesteal the damage that the tank dealt, and overall Damage needs to move away from everything being burst to allow sustained to be more common, which would likely allow late game Marksmen to be better and the tank killers they are supposed to be.
yeah from what i remember in like s5ish it was tanks > burster ( assasins and burrst mages > adc(any sustained damage really) >tanks
: Do you read at all? I didnt say nobody enjoys tanks, I said small part of community enjoys tanks. This isnt MMO, this isnt PVE game. This is PVP ONLY COMPETITIVE GAME. Stop trying to imply your feelings as facts. Statistics are showing clearly that no matter how overpowered tanks are, they will never be popular simply because tanks are boring to majority of pvp players.
Well that and solo que doesnt promote team play, of which tanks are extremely team reliant
Dynikus (NA)
: If you actually do the math, it's pretty absurd how long it would take to unlock every champion from a fresh account. I actually made a spreadsheet, if you unlock every champion with their skin shard (saving you 40%) you would still have to wait until level 300-350 (depending on how many FWOTDs you get along the way). If you buy every champion outright, you wouldn't unlock the full roster until level 500-550 (again, depending on how much BE you get from FWOTDs) And that number will only go up as more champions are released. Averaging about 1 level every 17.6 games (after you hit 30), that's anywhere from 4,752 to 9,152 games of summoner's rift. To unlock every champion without spending any money, it would take you anywhere from 2400 to almost 5000 hours. All that said, this is actually _faster_ than it was when IP was the main currency, as you _do_ get BE at a faster rate in comparison.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kjxkix5T,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-15T08:47:12.156+0000) > > If you actually do the math, it's pretty absurd how long it would take to unlock every champion from a fresh account. > I actually made a spreadsheet, if you unlock every champion with their skin shard (saving you 40%) you would still have to wait until level 300-350 (depending on how many FWOTDs you get along the way). > If you buy every champion outright, you wouldn't unlock the full roster until level 500-550 (again, depending on how much BE you get from FWOTDs) > And that number will only go up as more champions are released. > > Averaging about 1 level every 17.6 games (after you hit 30), that's anywhere from 4,752 to 9,152 games of summoner's rift. > To unlock every champion without spending any money, it would take you anywhere from 2400 to almost 5000 hours. > > > All that said, this is actually _faster_ than it was when IP was the main currency, as you _do_ get BE at a faster rate in comparison. Actually you get about half the champs from level up rewards by the time you get to level 30. Its the accounts that didnt buy all champs before the level up changes that it takes longer for
Show more

reaper4042

Level 265 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion