xAshur (NA)
: AFK = Quiting the game
Put a link to the web side information. This can be done by going to your match history, click the game you are talking about and then in the top right corner of the information under the download replay button there should be a link that says "View on the Web".
Rioter Comments
: FIX THE STORE
Not a bug shut up.
Rioter Comments
: Patch 8.22 notes
So, Riot, when in the hell is {{champion:84}} 's shroud not going to let her tower dive you and not have her take any tower hits. Towers LITERALLY give TRUE sight and you cant even see her in her shroud. It's like the old Rengar Ult where he was invisible right next to you and all you had was a exclamation point. Really shitty and not much counterplay unless you enjoy completely zoning yourself every 15 seconds.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=reaperman438,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=W78uoVAG,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-09-05T23:08:37.987+0000) > > The only reason I used caps is because I am pissed because I lost a ranked game for -17lp I wanna know as to why this ping happened because I literally only had league of legends up nothing in the backround and nothing on my other devices. I too have had similar issues, I feel like they are working on it server side, but you also have to consider that the old server was "tweaked" and fine tuned for optimum efficiency, while this being a new server they are still working on making it consistent because it is brand new. I hope with time they will become less and less.
> [{quoted}](name=CTElephant,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=W78uoVAG,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2015-09-05T23:26:42.257+0000) > > I too have had similar issues, I feel like they are working on it server side, but you also have to consider that the old server was "tweaked" and fine tuned for optimum efficiency, while this being a new server they are still working on making it consistent because it is brand new. I hope with time they will become less and less. Ok then, I guess ill have to play some different games until this whole server thing becomes optimal or atleast better. (really wanted to get to gold though)
: CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL THIS IS NOW A CAPSLOCK APPRECIATION THREAD
> [{quoted}](name=LukeTheSheppy,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=W78uoVAG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-09-05T23:05:45.190+0000) > > CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL > > THIS IS NOW A CAPSLOCK APPRECIATION THREAD The only reason I used caps is because I am pissed because I lost a ranked game for -17lp I wanna know as to why this ping happened because I literally only had league of legends up nothing in the backround and nothing on my other devices.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=ReapReality,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=000900020000000400000000,timestamp=2015-08-20T02:01:41.838+0000) > > I play character's like {{champion:69}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:61}} and {{champion:432}} . You can play a high skill champ with ping at 90. You can play well you just don't have to play in HD every time. It's not necessary to play the game. It really isn't plus Zed is not a high skill champ…maybe LeBlanc, and characters with unique mechanics but not Zed. He is not that hard to learn. The hardest thing to learn with Zed is getting used to Energy over Mana. > > I do play against Zed when I have 150 ping. It really isn't that much of an issue. I'm really used to it. In fact i've never played a game where my ping was below 80 so….yeah. It's still not the end of the LoL world dude, just turn down your graphics some. Just turn your graphics down some? You have to be trolling me right?
> [{quoted}](name=Slamurai Jack,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=0009000200000004000000000000,timestamp=2015-08-20T08:24:39.566+0000) > > Just turn your graphics down some? You have to be trolling me right? Dude I play this game on like low/medium and this game still look fine.
: > [{quoted}](name=ReapReality,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=000900020000000400000000,timestamp=2015-08-20T02:01:41.838+0000) > > I play character's like {{champion:69}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:61}} and {{champion:432}} . You can play a high skill champ with ping at 90. You can play well you just don't have to play in HD every time. It's not necessary to play the game. It really isn't plus Zed is not a high skill champ…maybe LeBlanc, and characters with unique mechanics but not Zed. He is not that hard to learn. The hardest thing to learn with Zed is getting used to Energy over Mana. > > I do play against Zed when I have 150 ping. It really isn't that much of an issue. I'm really used to it. In fact i've never played a game where my ping was below 80 so….yeah. It's still not the end of the LoL world dude, just turn down your graphics some. Just turn your graphics down some? You have to be trolling me right?
> [{quoted}](name=Slamurai Jack,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=0009000200000004000000000000,timestamp=2015-08-20T08:24:39.566+0000) > > Just turn your graphics down some? You have to be trolling me right? Dude I play this game on like low/medium and this game still looks hella fine.
Rioter Comments
: Why not making 2 servers like Blizzard did for Diablo 2. They had US West and US East (dosent mean only US were on it tho (Canadian here)) ... But whit the amount of players in NA, it should be ok to make a split like that ?
> [{quoted}](name=Zemeckis Lambert,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=05fd,timestamp=2015-08-13T14:54:01.825+0000) > > Why not making 2 servers like Blizzard did for Diablo 2. > > They had US West and US East (dosent mean only US were on it tho (Canadian here)) ... > > But whit the amount of players in NA, it should be ok to make a split like that ? Well you also have to take into the consideration of how many people would play on both servers, since their is probably a majority of the players from the East Coast, and minority from the west coast, a US West server would have maybe double or triple the que times.
: Ok, I understand that you guys don't want to split up the player base by having east/west US servers (though I DO NOT agree with it)... But why not Kansas City?? It has fiber which would probably help a tiny bit, right? And it would probably give both coasts ~60 ping, or am I missing something...
> [{quoted}](name=probioticsss,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=0593,timestamp=2015-08-13T02:55:04.666+0000) > > Ok, I understand that you guys don't want to split up the player base by having east/west US servers (though I DO NOT agree with it)... > > But why not Kansas City?? > > It has fiber which would probably help a tiny bit, right? And it would probably give both coasts ~60 ping, or am I missing something... What you are missing is the fact that Riot has different headquarters, one obviously being in Chicago, but Riot does not have any sort of ground in Kansas, as far as I know.
: i've never played with more than 25
> [{quoted}](name=Snitch Ninja,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=02040000,timestamp=2015-08-12T03:07:57.737+0000) > > i've never played with more than 25 The only time ive played with less then 85 ping, which is still pretty good, is when I play on LAN which is full on NON english speakers so u cannot communicate.
: i'm in Vietnam :(( it will so hard to play :((
> [{quoted}](name=FBTonight,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=0200,timestamp=2015-08-12T03:00:41.534+0000) > > i'm in Vietnam :(( it will so hard to play :(( Play on like OCE instead of NA since OCE is closer
: will east coast players be benefit from this change?
> [{quoted}](name=Rainbow Angie,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=01ec,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:53:20.075+0000) > > will east coast players be benefit from this change? yes east coast will benefit greatly.
Aipeon (NA)
: this is a straight kick in the balls for most players as the majority reside on the west coast, i went from having under 60 ping to 100+ plus with more spike lags and packet loss than ever, my ping jumps to hundreds even thousands now, lost ranked because of it and its just frustrating af being a loyal player since season 2, ive spent quite a bit of money on this game as well but if this is how riot is going to treat its loyal customers if theres isnt a change in the ping from the server im going to have to find a different game to play because i for one cant deal with shit connection..shame too, i loved this game.
> [{quoted}](name=Aipeon,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=01cf,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:41:48.247+0000) > > this is a straight kick in the balls for most players as the majority reside on the west coast, i went from having under 60 ping to 100+ plus with more spike lags and packet loss than ever, my ping jumps to hundreds even thousands now, lost ranked because of it and its just frustrating af being a loyal player since season 2, ive spent quite a bit of money on this game as well but if this is how riot is going to treat its loyal customers if theres isnt a change in the ping from the server im going to have to find a different game to play because i for one cant deal with shit connection..shame too, i loved this game. West coast is not where the majority of people reside here is a density map http://www.mapofusa.net/us-population-density-map.htm
: Please reread my comment. I understand this move is better for the region overall. I also understand that you used the word "fairly" equal and not completely equal. This was my main point. Because there will still be a difference in ping between the 2 coasts, even if it's only "fairly" different someone will still inevitably complain.
> [{quoted}](name=YOungMONeySWaG,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=00010001000000020000,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:41:38.515+0000) > > Please reread my comment. I understand this move is better for the region overall. I also understand that you used the word "fairly" equal and not completely equal. This was my main point. Because there will still be a difference in ping between the 2 coasts, even if it's only "fairly" different someone will still inevitably complain. OK, so in order to make the ping completely equal for "everyone" Riot would have to put like 1 server per state maybe 2 for California
Noctix (NA)
: Completely agree anything under 100 ping is highly playable. Don't know why so many are complaining about 70-80 ping. Only ones that are going to have the right to complain are people in Hawaii.
> [{quoted}](name=Noctix,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=002000010002,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:40:50.889+0000) > > Completely agree anything under 100 ping is highly playable. Don't know why so many are complaining about 70-80 ping. Only ones that are going to have the right to complain are people in Hawaii. Then what about those who live in say Maine, Florida, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island. They probably have 120-150+ currently.
JFKN (NA)
: i got it. thanks alot man. 27 for me now :D
> [{quoted}](name=Parab0la,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=00090002000000050000000000010000,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:37:47.218+0000) > > i got it. thanks alot man. 27 for me now :D no problem, and I'm getting about 30 ping to the new server from Western ohio.
MaliGoes (NA)
: Why not move to Denver? Btw, was the server in Seattle or Portland before they move?
> [{quoted}](name=TruelerYoTW,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=01c4,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:33:40.192+0000) > > Why not move to Denver? > Btw, was the server in Seattle or Portland before they move? it was in Portland.
: Why not have 2 locations of NA game servers? I may be mistaken, but we have the technology.{{champion:74}}
> [{quoted}](name=Ellsamania,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=01bc,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:29:52.824+0000) > > Why not have 2 locations of NA game servers? I may be mistaken, but we have the technology.{{champion:74}} I wonder why people don't read the comments that ask this before. Riot Games does not want to have two servers as it would split the playerbase.
JFKN (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Parab0la,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=000900020000000500000000,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:17:18.082+0000) > > idk how to do that... whats a cmd ok press the start button Then, press run and search cmd Click on it. type in ping 104.160.131.3 -t If that does not help use this link https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_do_a_ping_test
: Any and all gripes being posted for what the West Coast will experience are pretty much muted by the fact that its not a marginal disadvantage compared to what a solid half of the player base has been experiencing since launch. 40-80 ping is still very bearable, compared to being at a near 100 ping disadvantage i couldnt imagine. being about an hour away from where the servers are itll suck not having about 17 ping anymore, but i can deal with it. my only concern is if itll have an affect on all of the pro scene eventually, seeing as the league is largely based in the west coast. as long as there's no large sweeping change in the wrong direction for our pros (who help produce some of the revenue for rito to continue to make changes like these for the good), then i won't have any qualms. question (and this may have been addressed in the post, i only read the tl:dr), is there any reason as to why we dont have multiple server hubs across the country? i get having a hotspot type deal in select cities that are connected to the main servers but why not make 2-3 main server connections in Los Angeles, Chicago and maybe Athens/Atlanta? note: im not a techie by any stretch i just figure it would benefit the attepmts of dissolving lag/ping issues if there were more accomodations to such a large area of effect. right?
> [{quoted}](name=xXTonelixXx,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=01a0,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:14:40.217+0000) > > Any and all gripes being posted for what the West Coast will experience are pretty much muted by the fact that its not a marginal disadvantage compared to what a solid half of the player base has been experiencing since launch. 40-80 ping is still very bearable, compared to being at a near 100 ping disadvantage i couldnt imagine. > > being about an hour away from where the servers are itll suck not having about 17 ping anymore, but i can deal with it. my only concern is if itll have an affect on all of the pro scene eventually, seeing as the league is largely based in the west coast. as long as there's no large sweeping change in the wrong direction for our pros (who help produce some of the revenue for rito to continue to make changes like these for the good), then i won't have any qualms. > > question (and this may have been addressed in the post, i only read the tl:dr), is there any reason as to why we dont have multiple server hubs across the country? i get having a hotspot type deal in select cities that are connected to the main servers but why not make 2-3 main server connections in Los Angeles, Chicago and maybe Athens/Atlanta? note: im not a techie by any stretch i just figure it would benefit the attepmts of dissolving lag/ping issues if there were more accomodations to such a large area of effect. right? Riot Games does not want to have multiple servers because it would split up the playerbase.
: For those who have low end Rigs/Laptops and are already barely making it on the 40~50ping.... RIP and Godbless.... you have just become the{{champion:32}} in your group of friends and your lag ridden corpse will forever be a symbol of Martyrdom... Trading the few for the many. Let us away and hope for a brighter future where all PCs are made equally and we do not rely on connection speed to game. -Low end laptop guy.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Everain,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=0192,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:10:26.349+0000) > > For those who have low end Rigs/Laptops and are already barely making it on the 40~50ping.... RIP and Godbless.... you have just become the{{champion:32}} in your group of friends and your lag ridden corpse will forever be a symbol of Martyrdom... Trading the few for the many. Let us away and hope for a brighter future where all PCs are made equally and we do not rely on connection speed to game. > -Low end laptop guy. I'm pretty sure that your computer won't change your ping because even if u have a high end computer and you live on the East Coast while the servers were on the west coast u would still get 80-150 ping because of your LOCATION to the server.
lvris (NA)
: riot please, look how many peoples are around west coast.
> [{quoted}](name=lvris,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=0183,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:03:54.198+0000) > > riot please, look how many peoples are around west coast. Then please compare that to the amount of people on the East Coast your argument is invalid.
: Why not keep them as two separate servers. NA West and NA east! I mean, I live in Hawaii and this move will totally kill our already high ping and throw it into the 200's!
> [{quoted}](name=Keroka,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=0189,timestamp=2015-08-12T02:05:49.721+0000) > > Why not keep them as two separate servers. NA West and NA east! > I mean, I live in Hawaii and this move will totally kill our already high ping and throw it into the 200's! Riot Games does not want to have two separate servers as it would divide the North America player base, as they have said many times before.
JFKN (NA)
: how can you test the connection? i would like to do that to see how it will affect me. ( i live in ATL getting about 78 right now)
> [{quoted}](name=Parab0la,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=q8sJLh1M,comment-id=0009000200000005,timestamp=2015-08-12T01:56:34.809+0000) > > how can you test the connection? > i would like to do that to see how it will affect me. ( i live in ATL getting about 78 right now) open up a cmd and type in Ping 104.160.131.3 -t
Painfull (NA)
: Been a long ass time since this has been updated, another project uncompleted and forgotten by riot?
> [{quoted}](name=Painfull,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=AMupzBHw,comment-id=00cb,timestamp=2015-07-23T21:01:45.067+0000) > > Been a long ass time since this has been updated, another project uncompleted and forgotten by riot? Ya you know 3 years and not even a definite answer on weather or not us EAST COASTERS will ever be the same as West Coasters and get 20-50 ping on this game.
Rioter Comments
: Gangplank keeps losing his utility
I agree with how the keg update is bad it removes a lot of his kit and his ability to have a ton of move speed in his kit. Also, I don't really enjoy how his W uses health missing since if u get cc'd in the beginning of the fight you only get a tiny bit of health back and it makes u have to use it at the last second to make it even worth it. What "I" would have done with GP was tweaked some of his ratios and added the up gradable ult.
: NA East Coast Server
I wonder how much money is spent on E-Sports alone for Riot, and compare it to the cost of a server? If anyone knows the cost of esports and to upkeep one of their servers.
: NA East Coast Server
So, don't know if this is on Riot's side but, for some reason, I'm getting 1k ping with league being the only bloody thing up, nothing else really using the internet, no phones or tablets, other computers or nexflix. Riot needs to get their sh** together.
: NA East Coast Server
Ok, so it is fair playing a game with 90+ ping and going against someone with 50 or less ping and they have the advantage cuz their commands get to the server first.
Takerial (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nsaneone,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZllogYWr,comment-id=03110000,timestamp=2015-04-28T18:49:34.910+0000) > > So better do nothing at all, then. No. Because it won't be the complete fix people are wanting, it's better to take the time and do it properly than rushing it and creating more problems instead. But most people do not seem to understand that 1. An East Coast server is not going to be the solution to the ping issues. and 2. That no matter how much money you throw at things (and why would you just wastefully throw money at what isn't the actual solution to the problem) things still take more time than tomorrow to implement. And they probably don't want to release a bunch of detailed information because they don't want to needlessly create a target. Even if Riot gave step by step information of what is going on it wouldn't satisfy the people complaining as until it's complete cause they wouldn't be able to benefit until then.
> [{quoted}](name=Takerial,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZllogYWr,comment-id=031100000000,timestamp=2015-04-28T19:02:09.218+0000) > > No. Because it won't be the complete fix people are wanting, it's better to take the time and do it properly than rushing it and creating more problems instead. > > But most people do not seem to understand that > > 1. An East Coast server is not going to be the solution to the ping issues. > > and > > 2. That no matter how much money you throw at things (and why would you just wastefully throw money at what isn't the actual solution to the problem) things still take more time than tomorrow to implement. > > And they probably don't want to release a bunch of detailed information because they don't want to needlessly create a target. > > Even if Riot gave step by step information of what is going on it wouldn't satisfy the people complaining as until it's complete cause they wouldn't be able to benefit until then. But throwing a couple million dollars every year to E-Sports, for the winners, is the best use of their money.
: NA East Coast Server
Rest in Bumperinos
Nsane (NA)
: So glad they bought a new office and not something useful.
> [{quoted}](name=Nsaneone,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZllogYWr,comment-id=030c,timestamp=2015-04-21T07:21:47.597+0000) > > So glad they bought a new office and not something useful. Ya, and the office is still in the same city. Defiantly not a waste of money like the "East Coast Server" that we have been asking for since season 3 if not sooner.
: NA East Coast Server
I see you sitting there playing league, Riot
: NA East Coast Server
Nowii (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anunu,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZllogYWr,comment-id=030000000000,timestamp=2015-04-12T18:28:20.160+0000) > > It's the way Riot manages leagues, accounts, etc. Setting up an East coast server would be cheap, it's other stuff Riot doesn't want to change. Such as making another ladder for NA, players already play on other regions. Not doing well on one? Then smurf on another. > > Another problem is that if they set up servers across the country players will basically be at the mercy of RNG. Sometimes they'll get a server closer or further away, which will change their gaming experience. On one game the servers will look like they're performing normally while in others it will look like it is malfunctioning, when in reality the location has simply changed. > > Switching to a central location would be child's play for Riot but what will West coasters say when their ping goes up from 20ms to something like 70ms? They would simply complain that _something is wrong._ 20 MS to 70 MS is legit hardly any difference, I play with 80 all day and it's childplay to what I used to experience on dota this whole discussion is a circlejerk topic started by silver/gold players that think ping is the reason they aren't diamond
> [{quoted}](name=Brandon Farms BR,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZllogYWr,comment-id=0300000000000000,timestamp=2015-04-12T18:36:18.669+0000) > > 20 MS to 70 MS is legit hardly any difference, I play with 80 all day and it's childplay to what I used to experience on dota > this whole discussion is a circlejerk topic started by silver/gold players that think ping is the reason they aren't diamond Where do you live in relation to the servers and what is your rank? Also, its not just about the ping its about the fact that we have to play against people with 50 or less ping which is more than half for most of the people on the east coast. We feel like we are being cheated by this company and we want change. Also, there was a thread in the old fourms about this topic with 1k+ pages. Here's a link for that: (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2277789&page=1)
: Soo Riot, This just happened
Ya during the same game it hit close to 3500
Rioter Comments
: Packet Loss + Lag Spikes = Impossible to play the game.
Well its just Riots way of saying "We love you."
: NA East Coast Server
I have come from the future. I am in the 23 Season. My ping has moved from about 300-290. Riot has not made a single new server in the U.S. but decided to put a server for Hawaii. Also, in Asia there is a League Server in every town so you always get 1 ping. I am desperate but I will not move to Asia as they will kill me if I do please Riot.
: Not many posts on this anymore. Are people just giving up hope or has phase 2 of their project actually helped bring down people's ping? Mine has not gone down.
> [{quoted}](name=silverbacon,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZllogYWr,comment-id=02f8,timestamp=2015-03-31T22:52:09.685+0000) > > Not many posts on this anymore. Are people just giving up hope or has phase 2 of their project actually helped bring down people's ping? Mine has not gone down. Mine's when from 92 to 88 so not much.
: NA East Coast Server
Im a waitin.... in a high..... pingy land.
: NA East Coast Server
"fair playing field" as in East Coaster we can use 15 or so USD and transfer our account over to LAN.
Show more

reaperman438

Level 121 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion