Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MIFmE1P,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-30T00:56:35.992+0000) > > I think you have some problems and need to take it out on others to make yourself feel better. That's why you gotta try to put me down for liking the video lol. > > Also, this isn't about ezreal losing klepto. I never used kleto on ezreal. I know it was the popular thing but I never did that, I just went crit ezreal with press the attack or conqueror. So you can't be telling me im a one trick and now i suck cuz klepto nerfs/changes. You don't know me. You're right, I don't know you...turns out it's worse than I'd expect. Honestly, how you choose to take what I'm saying is up to you, but if you're more receptive about it, it'll only help you in regards to this game in the long run. You're not in a position where you should be worried about someone else's mechanical skill and output in the game. You really should be focused on your own play, your own decision making, and your own skill level. It's not about deflecting back at me. It's about realizing the hypocrisy in yourself when you think the video isn't talking about *literally you.* Side note: No one called you a one trick.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MIFmE1P,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-31T18:59:53.000+0000) > > You're right, I don't know you...turns out it's worse than I'd expect. > > Honestly, how you choose to take what I'm saying is up to you, but if you're more receptive about it, it'll only help you in regards to this game in the long run. You're not in a position where you should be worried about someone else's mechanical skill and output in the game. You really should be focused on your own play, your own decision making, and your own skill level. It's not about deflecting back at me. It's about realizing the hypocrisy in yourself when you think the video isn't talking about *literally you.* > > Side note: No one called you a one trick. Your looking like a fool coming here to try to talk me down trying to teach when you are just being negative with your approach saying im in no position to enjoy the youtube video and that I am one of those who try to get easy gains. You don't know me. Second, just because you tell someone something doesnt mean they cant learn something else from a lesson. If an apple falls to the ground after you drop it, you can learn that apples drop when you let them go, or you can learn that gravity is involved. What I learned from that youtube video despite being the one thinking that high skill should give better rewards is that instead of hoping for high skill champions to give me better reward for high skill, i should just play easy champs that require very little mechanical skill. I've been trying it for a few games now and I've been winning playing garen constantly. I could stand there afk for 5 seconds and tank the enemy's attacks and it only tickles where as if I was ezreal I'd lose half my health in one quick burst. Also, as garen, if I get really hurt I can just sit back and chill while my health regen heals me up for free. If I need free armor and magic resist stats, i get it from my w but not only that, I also get a shield from that which originally garen never had. Also, my e even though it usually did a lot of damage in the past, now shredds armor if you get enough ticks in. Base damage on q is ridiculous not to mention that garen has high base stats. So you telling me im not in a position to enjoy that video is stupid. I did enjoy it because I learned that if I wanna have easy games, just play easy champs because they feel more rewarding. Garen takes barely any skill to play but is very rewarding because he can take a lot of damage but still do a lot of damage as well. So I will leave it at that. I am happy, I enjoy playing low mechanically skilled champs, I enjoy their high power they have. I am happy. If you aren't, then im sorry for you.
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MIFmE1P,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-29T20:16:47.868+0000) > > It's still interesting to watch people talk about it regardless. I just like that it's being discussed about. And the best thing I can take from this is that I personally should just play characters that require low mechanical skill/effort such as master yi, nasus who can get big damage for very little work. You like that the topic's being discussed, but clearly you're not in a position to understand it to the point of it serving any purpose. If anything, the video tells people to *avoid* over-relying on things just for quick gains and to learn the game they play at large rather than just one-tricking gimmicks and tactics because it works in low elo. You've gone on a tear and advocated the exact opposite...somehow. Now, Ezreal's in a bad way because he lost Kleptomancy, so it's true that playing Ezreal isn't a strong move (sucks because I recently got Pulsefire out of a box), but that doesn't mean the solution is "main beginner champions". Nothing wrong with playing them, but you're advocating playing them for the wrong reasons.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MIFmE1P,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-29T22:37:28.179+0000) > > You like that the topic's being discussed, but clearly you're not in a position to understand it to the point of it serving any purpose. If anything, the video tells people to *avoid* over-relying on things just for quick gains and to learn the game they play at large rather than just one-tricking gimmicks and tactics because it works in low elo. You've gone on a tear and advocated the exact opposite...somehow. > > Now, Ezreal's in a bad way because he lost Kleptomancy, so it's true that playing Ezreal isn't a strong move (sucks because I recently got Pulsefire out of a box), but that doesn't mean the solution is "main beginner champions". Nothing wrong with playing them, but you're advocating playing them for the wrong reasons. I think you have some problems and need to take it out on others to make yourself feel better. That's why you gotta try to put me down for liking the video lol. Also, this isn't about ezreal losing klepto. I never used kleto on ezreal. I know it was the popular thing but I never did that, I just went crit ezreal with press the attack or conqueror. So you can't be telling me im a one trick and now i suck cuz klepto nerfs/changes. You don't know me. Another thing is that, im more so talking about the fact that some champions require less effort and/or skill but will beat your champion in a straight up fight when your champion requires more effort and skill. I don't even know why the fuck you gotta bring one trick when im clearly talking about champions in general and not specifics. I merely mentioned ezreal and garen just as examples. Look at it this way. If nidalee fights garen, it's the same fucking thing. Nidalee requires a lot more skill than garen but will get her ass kicked in an all in fight against a garen. Poking garen down is hard because of his regen passive and natural tanky beefyness. But if he jumps on nid ever, it's gonna hurt. Nidalee and ezreal aren't the only champions that require skill but get their ass kicked. Garen and nasus aren't the only champs that require low skill and low effort but are very stupidly strong. I'm not gonna waste time or energy into looking at all the champs and naming them all to say which one is low effort high reward and which one is high effort less reward. It is clear that plenty of champs who require little effort mechanically are powerful champions while some require so much skill but the reward isn't really as rewarding. So i have no idea why the fuck you are so mad that I like the video saying i don't deserve to. I learned that instead of wasting time playing weaker champs and weakening myself, i should just play low effort champs because not only are they stronger, but i don't have to work as hard to play them. Why the hell would I want to play nidalee or ezreal over nasus or garen? Why are you hurt that I just want to play garen or nasus now instead of champs that require skill? You need to check yourself before you post
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MIFmE1P,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-29T19:08:34.658+0000) > > I freaking love you. Thanks for posting this. If you know any more youtube or posts talking about balance and skill type of stuff like this video then do share :) OK, but this video is talking about players like you, getting frustrated about things on a surface level because you aren't thinking about the game on a broader scale.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MIFmE1P,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-29T19:20:26.912+0000) > > OK, but this video is talking about players like you, getting frustrated about things on a surface level because you aren't thinking about the game on a broader scale. It's still interesting to watch people talk about it regardless. I just like that it's being discussed about. And the best thing I can take from this is that I personally should just play characters that require low mechanical skill/effort such as master yi, nasus who can get big damage for very little work. I shouldn't be playing champions like ezreal even though I personally think ezreal is really cool and fun to play. He just doesn't get as much bang for his buck in my opinion. So to make it easier on me, just play garen and nasus. I will have more fun stomping noobs than losing to a noob who plays a low effort champ and kills me when im ezreal lol.
Kai Guy (NA)
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w&t=108s
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MIFmE1P,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-28T19:46:47.027+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w&t=108s I freaking love you. Thanks for posting this. If you know any more youtube or posts talking about balance and skill type of stuff like this video then do share :)
PiVoRx (EUNE)
: Riot is not balancing, learn that. As for Ezreal vs Nasus, what can Nasus even do to ezreal? unless hes afk, nasus wont land a single aa.
> [{quoted}](name=PiVoRx,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MIFmE1P,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-28T18:21:43.427+0000) > > Riot is not balancing, learn that. > > As for Ezreal vs Nasus, what can Nasus even do to ezreal? unless hes afk, nasus wont land a single aa. Well in that situation, if I was nasus i just walk up and q minions. Ezreal aint gonna do anything to me while i get stronger and stronger with each q. His poke won't hurt because my lifesteal and ever growing q damage will heal me more than his q. If he walks up too close to pursue me and is far from his turret, i will drop a wither on ezreal and so even if he e away he will be so slowed that i can easily walk up and kill him with 2 or 3 q on his head. In the case that ezreal plays safe, i can easily just q minions and right there im already winning, but then slowly shove to his turret and q his turret and ruin his towers. So you are saying nasus can't do anything to ezreal, but ezreal can't really do anything to nasus either. He doesn't have enough burst or cc to destroy nasus and cannot full on fight 1v1 in an all out fight vs nasus. Nasus can easily just heal all the damage ezreal does to him. So back to your question, what can nasus do to ezreal? He already wins just by farming minions with his q. He will grow exponentially stronger than ezreal from that alone. Ezreal can poke but nasus will just heal all the poke easily because he is tanky and has built in lifesteal. Nasus wins in an all out fight vs ezreal so it's not like ezreal can just jump on you and fight you as nasus.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V5ia7QeP,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-28T00:30:40.169+0000) > > Does the gold drop below 300? because so far i have been getting nothing but huge gold from getting kills compared to back then where i get nothing. 50g to kill an inting sion isnt really worth it but if he is 300g+ its worth it. Yes, but it resets to 300 if the person gets a single kill. If Sion goes 0/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/0 and then gets a kill, he's worth 300 again. Considering the Sion in your game was 11/11/X, that's probably what was happening.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V5ia7QeP,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-28T02:27:25.900+0000) > > Yes, but it resets to 300 if the person gets a single kill. If Sion goes 0/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/0 and then gets a kill, he's worth 300 again. Considering the Sion in your game was 11/11/X, that's probably what was happening. Maybe that's what happened? But that's a great thing then since I got super fed off a sion who kept dying constantly. My guess is he would die and kill someone with his passive, then i would kill him next time he revives so 300g easy.
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V5ia7QeP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-27T23:07:05.667+0000) > > well how come i was getting 300 gold on an inting sion? he had no bounty on his head yet i was constantly getting 300 gold from him. 300 is the base value; it doesn't require a bounty.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V5ia7QeP,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-27T23:49:46.150+0000) > > 300 is the base value; it doesn't require a bounty. Does the gold drop below 300? because so far i have been getting nothing but huge gold from getting kills compared to back then where i get nothing. 50g to kill an inting sion isnt really worth it but if he is 300g+ its worth it.
: It hasn't been changed in a long time.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V5ia7QeP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-27T22:44:56.878+0000) > > It hasn't been changed in a long time. well how come i was getting 300 gold on an inting sion? he had no bounty on his head yet i was constantly getting 300 gold from him.
: the current bounty system you get a max of 1000 per shut down no matter how big the bounty is suppose to be.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V5ia7QeP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-27T22:46:04.772+0000) > > the current bounty system you get a max of 1000 per shut down no matter how big the bounty is suppose to be. I think you misunderstood my question. I'm not talking about the bounty on yourself for getting kills. I'm talking about how much gold you get for killing someone who doesn't have a bounty. Back then, if you had a killing spree, you got more gold each time you kill an enemy champ rather than get less gold. That was how the bounty system worked back in the day and why solo carry was more of a thing back in older seasons like season 1-3. I'm not talking about bounty on your own champion because you got a lot of kills so if someone kills you they get that money.
Rioter Comments
Wolity (EUW)
: Yup multy milion company keeps all of their eyes on you and doesnt want you to win your ranked game :)
> [{quoted}](name=Wolity,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mYWaL4sL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-23T14:53:02.487+0000) > > Yup multy milion company keeps all of their eyes on you and doesnt want you to win your ranked game :) lmao you're a joke. Obviously they aren't just looking into me. But what I specifically am talking about is their forced 50 percent win rate. I came here to talk about how riot is hounding down on me because maybe others can relate that they get put into bad games like this too because of the rigged 50 percent win rate. If you do good, they purposely give you stupid players versus good players and keep going until you start losing. If you lose a lot, they will keep trying to give you good players until you start winning
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
rujitra (NA)
: Your **opinion** is that it's "extremely bad". I happen to agree with you. That doesn't mean they have to. Furthermore, you completely ignore that I'm saying **you caused them to go jungle because they did not want to duo lane with someone who was going to be a jerk to them about it**. If you really think it's clear, then contact Riot Support or wait for your in game report to be reviewed (no, Riot does not have an employee sitting there twiddling thumbs waiting to review only your in game reports). You must accept that Riot is under no obligation to come to the same conclusion you are, and that you are completely biased and not an accurate source of information or decisions about the game.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lAPvrthc,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-12T01:49:57.779+0000) > > Your **opinion** is that it's "extremely bad". I happen to agree with you. That doesn't mean they have to. > > Furthermore, you completely ignore that I'm saying **you caused them to go jungle because they did not want to duo lane with someone who was going to be a jerk to them about it**. > > If you really think it's clear, then contact Riot Support or wait for your in game report to be reviewed (no, Riot does not have an employee sitting there twiddling thumbs waiting to review only your in game reports). You must accept that Riot is under no obligation to come to the same conclusion you are, and that you are completely biased and not an accurate source of information or decisions about the game. I didn't force anything. From the very beginning of the game, the elise says "this is why i hate blind.... fuck" and then decided to sit and wait at the jungle bush waiting for jungle camp to spawn. Would just try to farm jungle the whole time without smite. No one said a thing. Once I hit level 5 i realized the elise was still level 2 and I told elise they are level 2 so why don't they just share lane. Elise says "ashe, you aren't good" then starts feeding intentionally. If you are here just to blame me then I don't know what to say. I am here to talk about the behavior of intentionally jungling without smite and whether it is acceptable or not. Hence why I wrote it in behavior because I wanted to discuss about the elise's behavior.
rujitra (NA)
: Seems you were telling instead of asking. Of course she isn’t going to like you bossing her around. Working with your team doesn’t mean bossing then around telling them what to do.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lAPvrthc,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T17:48:01.832+0000) > > Seems you were telling instead of asking. Of course she isn’t going to like you bossing her around. Working with your team doesn’t mean bossing then around telling them what to do. Well that may be true, but this person was ranked silver. Yes, I know silver is not that great, but im not even level 30 meaning I can't even get rank if I want to. A silver player should know that jungling without smite intentionally is extremely bad to the point where it's like throwing the game. It is a huge setback and this person knew it as they expressed in chat, but despite knowing that, the person did it anyway to spite us because no one took smite. Afterwhich, this person would intentionally start feeding and even said in chat "Report all you want, I won't get banned. It's only one game." And the thing is, they are right. I checked their match history and they played two games after just fine. Even if I had said nothing in game, the elise should get punished for doing something like that. Or anyone who intentionally jungles without smite. It's like playing league without buying a single item the entire game. Purely throwing at that point.
: even still. the exp you get is reduced,no mana regen boost,no easy lifesteal on minions,no boost to jg monster killing,no smite for objectives. The jg starting item is legit better than all other starting items when in the jg, and the smite can be turned blue or red for exhaust/ignite like variants. Not picking smite as a jg is legit trolling. No matter what champion you on.
> [{quoted}](name=Fuhrer Usagi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YOE88aKu,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T19:17:37.839+0000) > > even still. the exp you get is reduced,no mana regen boost,no easy lifesteal on minions,no boost to jg monster killing,no smite for objectives. The jg starting item is legit better than all other starting items when in the jg, and the smite can be turned blue or red for exhaust/ignite like variants. > > Not picking smite as a jg is legit trolling. No matter what champion you on. I highly agree. I wish it was punishable considering how much of a set back this is when players do this.
notkai (NA)
: I've personally never encountered a jungler who purposefully forewent smite, nor have I (as a jg) ever even THOUGHT of going without smite. It's the first thing I check when I'm assigned jungle- before runes, second spell, or anything else. Got smite? Good, proceed with other shit. If I were you, I would report every single no-smite jungler for inting/feeding. That's straight-up trolling. Smite is a NECESSARY mechanic to be an effective jungler; to go without it is to forgo being useful and effective.
> [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YOE88aKu,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-12T01:05:05.593+0000) > > I've personally never encountered a jungler who purposefully forewent smite, nor have I (as a jg) ever even THOUGHT of going without smite. It's the first thing I check when I'm assigned jungle- before runes, second spell, or anything else. Got smite? Good, proceed with other shit. > > If I were you, I would report every single no-smite jungler for inting/feeding. That's straight-up trolling. Smite is a NECESSARY mechanic to be an effective jungler; to go without it is to forgo being useful and effective. This is exactly why I think it should be against the rules and punishable to intentionally jungle without smite. It's so bad it's basically throwing the game. It's like going into a league game and never buying an item the entire game. Purely throwing the game at that point and should be punished. I've lost so many games when junglers try to jungle without smite, it's so annoying because it basically means 4v5 and we have disadvantage the entire game.
rujitra (NA)
: Why would you force them to jungle? It’s blind pick, there are no role requirements at all. Say to them “come to my lane” and make it work. No, they will not be punished for doing something just because it didn’t work. For all you know they simply forgot to take smite in selection, given blind doesn’t select it for you. If you want role requirements play draft pick.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lAPvrthc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-11T06:28:57.827+0000) > > Why would you force them to jungle? It’s blind pick, there are no role requirements at all. Say to them “come to my lane” and make it work. No, they will not be punished for doing something just because it didn’t work. For all you know they simply forgot to take smite in selection, given blind doesn’t select it for you. > > If you want role requirements play draft pick. At what point in my post did i ever say i forced them to jungle? Do you guys even read? I clearly said jungling without smite should be punished in my opinion. So why the hell would i be forcing someone to jungle without smite? I'd rather they share lane with a solo laner than jungle without smite. So again, at what point did you think i forced them to jungle? The elise clearly didn't listen and purposely would just jungle without smite on purpose despite us telling her to just go duo top since she is level 2 at 10 minutes into the game. I dont even get how you get so many upvotes when you clearly didnt even read my post
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: maybe if you had worded your OP like that your thread would have gotten some traction instead of coming off as just another rage post I think I'm done here, see ya{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T19:42:31.454+0000) > > maybe if you had worded your OP like that your thread would have gotten some traction instead of coming off as just another rage post > > I think I'm done here, see ya{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} also, it's not my fault that you get tilted over seeing someone angry from a previous game and coming here to talk about it. There is a reason people dont write in rant all the time. Rant is a place where you are just venting out without needing to discuss anything in return. I wrote this post because I want to hear why players act this way where they never take the game seriously and fuck around when ahead but try hard when losing. I purposely put the story aka what you call rage post because I want the readers to understand the frustration I had to deal with because of stupid players who don't want to win and just fuck around when ahead. And I wonder why they think it's okay to do considering most people get mad if you run it down mid. If people are gonna get salty over little shit like 2 mid, 2 top, shaco support, teemo support or anything unusual, then why do they fuck around and not take game seriously when ahead. It's just being a hypocrit. I hope this post opens the eyes to some of them and they realize they should stop being little shits.
: maybe if you had worded your OP like that your thread would have gotten some traction instead of coming off as just another rage post I think I'm done here, see ya{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T19:42:31.454+0000) > > maybe if you had worded your OP like that your thread would have gotten some traction instead of coming off as just another rage post > > I think I'm done here, see ya{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} It honestly doesnt matter how i word it. There will be people like you who have nothing to provide to the discussion other than "this belongs in rant". Have a good day. I was tired of dealing with you tbh. bye
: my point is you can't fix stupid so complaining about it is ranting get it yet? ffs
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-08T13:14:37.374+0000) > > my point is you can't fix stupid > > so complaining about it is ranting > > get it yet? ffs your point is invalid. There are some people who cause pain or make others suffer but do not know it. kind of like when someone offends someone else with what they say but their intention wasn't to offend someone. They don't know they were hurting others. But if you always keep it bottled up and never talk about it, they won't know and will continue to do so. Yes, me talking about how players never want to end the game and is usually the reason the enemy gets a comeback isn't gonna fix the problem obviously. But if it can make a few players understand that what they are doing is ruining games and they didn't know they were doing so and change, then it's worth complaining or bringing it up. So I don't get why you are so hurt about me bringing it up?
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-07T03:05:02.616+0000) > > you seem to have nothing to provide to this post other than begging to get it switched to rant section. What do you have to add to what I wrote in the opening? not sure how me posting a link is considered begging but ok? > It is clearly a player behavior issue in players where they get cocky and don't want to end and the comebacks happen simply because people don't want to end or think their fed teammate will carry so they just mess around. Then after we lose, they say gg it's just a game. > lol you mught as well title it "Why are some people less competitive than me?" there is no fix to your "problem" people do weird and stupid shit all the time, if someone could fix that they would have done so a long time ago
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-07T03:18:32.173+0000) > > not sure how me posting a link is considered begging but ok? > > lol you mught as well title it "Why are some people less competitive than me?" there is no fix to your "problem" people do weird and stupid shit all the time, if someone could fix that they would have done so a long time ago well your suggestions dont seem to really do anything either. Anyway, im not looking for a fix. Toxicity can never be fixed but still has rules and punishments for it. But if a few people can read this and realize they are ruining games by loafing around and making others lose because they aren't taking the game seriously when ahead and only take game serious when losing, then it's worth putting it into awareness. I'm sure some people don't give a shit and will ruin games for their own enjoyment for sure. There will be those people who will always be cocky and never play serious until losing no matter what because they got a big ego or something. Anyhow, I believe there are some people who actually don't know that they throw games by purposely not ending game when ahead and not trying to win when the enemy is grouping together because they are getting their ass kicked. No single post is not gonna fix anything so idk what your point is.
: your post does not come off as someone hoping to "raise awareness" of a little-known issue it comes off as ranting and looking for an echo-chamber about something no one can actually fix
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-07T03:00:44.397+0000) > > your post does not come off as someone hoping to "raise awareness" of a little-known issue > > it comes off as ranting and looking for an echo-chamber about something no one can actually fix you seem to have nothing to provide to this post other than begging to get it switched to rant section. What do you have to add to what I wrote in the opening? It is clearly a player behavior issue in players where they get cocky and don't want to end and the comebacks happen simply because people don't want to end or think their fed teammate will carry so they just mess around. Then after we lose, they say gg it's just a game. How is this not a player behavior issue?
: No there are people who DO know how, You TELL them how to end. Instead they will use "its just norms" or "its just a game" and when you ARE ready to end, they will showboat because "Dont end yet, I want a penta" then next thing you know they feed the enemy to the point of snowball because rather than ENDING THE MATCH, the decide its more important for them to showboat and pat themselves on the back. its not that people dont know how to end, the tutorial SHOWS them how to end. Its that they want the obscene 20+ kills so they can show without a doubt how much "better than u" they are than their "Trash team". People have sat around farming kills yet WHen I tell them that they only win by taking nexus, they tell me "stfu noob, u dont know how to play. U need kills to win" And then they lose because they want to farm 20 kills while the enemy takes our base towers, inhibs, grabs a baron, and takes our nexus while asshat KDA kids are talking about how "Trash" thier "Feeder team" is. why? because the team isnt bloated in kills like them. So they KNOW how, this community is just so fucking full of themselves they dont end because they think "I am too good, I can end anytime I just dont want to" Kinda like the "Tortoise and the hare" story, kinda fitting. Players get ahead in kills so think they can stop and screw around, they can end anytime... Meanwhile the enemy team slowly takes towers, dragons, heralds, etc. By the time the "fed" player realises the win is at risk, they are too far behind and they cost thier team the game because they thought they had the match in the bag so stopped going for objectives. But hey, I am a season 3 veteran who sees beyond just "most kills", and according to the majority of the community, seeing objectives as more important than kills makes me a "Stupid trash noob" shows how pathetic this community really has become. Just another halo TDM wannabe "I got more kills than u, hurrrrr"
> [{quoted}](name=Freaktory,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-07T00:53:24.823+0000) > > No there are people who DO know how, You TELL them how to end. > Instead they will use "its just norms" or "its just a game" > and when you ARE ready to end, they will showboat because "Dont end yet, I want a penta" > then next thing you know they feed the enemy to the point of snowball because rather than ENDING THE MATCH, the decide its more important for them to showboat and pat themselves on the back. > > its not that people dont know how to end, the tutorial SHOWS them how to end. Its that they want the obscene 20+ kills so they can show without a doubt how much "better than u" they are than their "Trash team". > > People have sat around farming kills yet WHen I tell them that they only win by taking nexus, they tell me "stfu noob, u dont know how to play. U need kills to win" And then they lose because they want to farm 20 kills while the enemy takes our base towers, inhibs, grabs a baron, and takes our nexus while asshat KDA kids are talking about how "Trash" thier "Feeder team" is. why? because the team isnt bloated in kills like them. > > So they KNOW how, this community is just so fucking full of themselves they dont end because they think "I am too good, I can end anytime I just dont want to" > > Kinda like the "Tortoise and the hare" story, kinda fitting. Players get ahead in kills so think they can stop and screw around, they can end anytime... Meanwhile the enemy team slowly takes towers, dragons, heralds, etc. By the time the "fed" player realises the win is at risk, they are too far behind and they cost thier team the game because they thought they had the match in the bag so stopped going for objectives. > > But hey, I am a season 3 veteran who sees beyond just "most kills", and according to the majority of the community, seeing objectives as more important than kills makes me a "Stupid trash noob" > > shows how pathetic this community really has become. Just another halo TDM wannabe "I got more kills than u, hurrrrr" exactly! Many times I hear this shit and it's definitely a behavior most people have where when they are winning, they get super cocky and never want to end the game and basically give the enemy the window to come back simply because at least one person on your team is not giving it their all because they don't want the game to end meanwhile the enemy who is losing they all group and destroy us and come back and win. Then you got people coming to tell me im just a noob and dont know how to carry and end game... but like bruh, if they are grouped as 5 and im pushing a tower, they just gonna jump on me, land 1 snare or stun and im basically dead.... meanwhile my teammates arent gonna try to win cuz they loafing around with the mentality of "it's okay my teammate is fed so we good".
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-06T22:19:07.826+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant you know why people dont write in rant? Because rant is where you write boards to rant without caring about feedback. Heck most people dont really even read rant. The reason i want to write in player behavior is because i want to know or put into awareness for other players that they need to stop this behavior of chillen and loafing around when someone on their team is fed. They need to try the same amount as when they are losing the game.
: What does gameplay has to do with Player behaviour? >why do people always never try to end the game? Because they dont know how ?
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3XUmkBBI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-06T16:44:51.179+0000) > > What does gameplay has to do with Player behaviour? > > Because they dont know how ? because it is a player behavior for the simple fact that when teams are losing they tend to group up while when teams are winning, it could be 2 hours into the game but they will not for the life of them group. It's such a simple fucking thing to do but they won't group because they are ahead and don't take the game seriously. They aren't pushing lanes, aren't setting up for baron, aren't trying to take towers or inhibs. They are just chillen. It's a behaviors because people always do this when ahead but when they are dying or losing, everyone and their mothers starts calling everyone to group up and if you don't group then they ping missing at you blaming you for not grouping and the reason the team lost even though they was just chillen for 30-40 minutes of the game not actually trying to close the game. I've won many games where we were losing from the beginning and middle of the game because my team actually started grouping while their team wasn't being optimal. We grouped as an instinct because we were behind, yet it should be the same thing players should do behavior wise when ahead to close the game but people never fucking close the game when ahead.
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-06T14:57:25.256+0000) > > But the thing is, you don't even know if they are throttled or not yet you talk as if you know 100 percent they are throttled and it's not some other issue. > > Second, if they are throttled often, it still applies to my opening. Why the hell are you playing if you know you get throttled often? > > If it's them being throttled randomly once in a while that can't be helped so I would understand, but if it's often they need to stop queueing up and ruining games. It's not fun playing 4v5. And the reason this is an issue is that people are afking so many games. I didn't come complain just because there was two afk remakes in a row. There had been a lot of afkers and remakes before then, but i just didn't say anything up until i had 2 remakes in a row that drew the line and I decided to write a post about it. are you seeing the same players? very simple question. if not, you're just unlucky.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-06T15:14:18.447+0000) > > are you seeing the same players? > very simple question. > if not, you're just unlucky. nah, you're the lucky one who doesnt encounter afkers. A lot of players afk whether intentionally or not. It doesnt happen always but it happens enough that i need to talk about it. If this doesnt apply to you that doesnt mean it doesnt apply to others. I'm sure plenty of people experience afks. That's the reason we even have a remake system in the first place. Because so many people have problems connecting. And sometimes, those players know they have issues connecting but they still connect anyway and ruin the game for others by disconnecting later despite already knowing they are highly likely to disconnect. If I get a disconnected player 3 out of every 10 games I play, that's just too much.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-10-05T18:40:57.747+0000) > > Honestly have you read my opening? If throttling is the reason and it happens so often, why are they even queuing up? I would understand if it's only like once in a while they get throttled, but for the people who get throttled very often and disconnect or never connect often in games, why even bother playing? let me understand this. you are duo'ing with someone who is always throttled at the same time of day you're duo'ing? or a group of people and some of them are always hard throttled by their isp's? leave them lol or it's soloq and it's just random randoms getting throttled? if it's this then you're just hella unlucky, i would struggle to believe that those people will queue up knowing that they could get throttled when the practice tool is right --> there and that aside it can more often than not be random, but generally there'll be a local peak time of day people will know about where they shouldn't queue, but maybe they do just to grief your games, anything is possible really.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-10-05T19:10:11.310+0000) > > let me understand this. > you are duo'ing with someone who is always throttled at the same time of day you're duo'ing? > or a group of people and some of them are always hard throttled by their isp's? > leave them lol > > or it's soloq and it's just random randoms getting throttled? > if it's this then you're just hella unlucky, i would struggle to believe that those people will queue up knowing that they could get throttled when the practice tool is right --> there > and that aside it can more often than not be random, but generally there'll be a local peak time of day people will know about where they shouldn't queue, but maybe they do just to grief your games, anything is possible really. But the thing is, you don't even know if they are throttled or not yet you talk as if you know 100 percent they are throttled and it's not some other issue. Second, if they are throttled often, it still applies to my opening. Why the hell are you playing if you know you get throttled often? If it's them being throttled randomly once in a while that can't be helped so I would understand, but if it's often they need to stop queueing up and ruining games. It's not fun playing 4v5. And the reason this is an issue is that people are afking so many games. I didn't come complain just because there was two afk remakes in a row. There had been a lot of afkers and remakes before then, but i just didn't say anything up until i had 2 remakes in a row that drew the line and I decided to write a post about it.
: honestly OP, it sounds like you don't know that throttling is a thing.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-10-05T09:01:29.475+0000) > > honestly OP, it sounds like you don't know that throttling is a thing. Honestly have you read my opening? If throttling is the reason and it happens so often, why are they even queuing up? I would understand if it's only like once in a while they get throttled, but for the people who get throttled very often and disconnect or never connect often in games, why even bother playing?
afmghost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-05T01:53:25.481+0000) > > You say this, and I'm not saying what you say isn't true because maybe it could be possible... > > But then why is it that many people can play it without lag or without disconnecting? I for one don't have connection problems and play just fine. My ping is not in the 5k area. Before I quit, it felt like I had a ten percent chance to have connection issues. For nine games, the game would be responsive and the champion would do whatever I told them to do as soon as I told them to do it. During the tenth game, it would hiccup so much. I would see my champion run in place for the seconds before appearing where I wanted them to, I would die without even being able to see what happened, and so on. Now if I go to overwatch, the connection strength has like a one in a thousand chance to be insufficient. I mean it's obviously far from perfect, since I'm in Ohio and Blizzard's server is all the way in LA, but with that in mind, it makes it more embarrassing for League, especially since they're located in FUCKING CHICAGO. Now if you're asking why most people don't have the issue, well I couldn't tell you. Again, the connection tends to work more often than not, but with such a high failrate, it is not an issue riot can ignore.
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-05T03:23:02.881+0000) > > Before I quit, it felt like I had a ten percent chance to have connection issues. For nine games, the game would be responsive and the champion would do whatever I told them to do as soon as I told them to do it. > During the tenth game, it would hiccup so much. I would see my champion run in place for the seconds before appearing where I wanted them to, I would die without even being able to see what happened, and so on. > > Now if I go to overwatch, the connection strength has like a one in a thousand chance to be insufficient. I mean it's obviously far from perfect, since I'm in Ohio and Blizzard's server is all the way in LA, but with that in mind, it makes it more embarrassing for League, especially since they're located in FUCKING CHICAGO. > > Now if you're asking why most people don't have the issue, well I couldn't tell you. Again, the connection tends to work more often than not, but with such a high failrate, it is not an issue riot can ignore. Idk, maybe it's just you honestly. I don't even have a high end pc, but I've never had a connection issue with league. The only small things would be when the load screen says 100 percent but I never get in because of a bug or something and I have to reload and join late. But that happens very rarely and I don't get issues like you do.
: My roommate is a hardcore tech guy that works in computers/IT management and web design. Whenever he's home, whatever the hell he's doing in his office always obliterates our bandwidth. I don't play when he's awake/home for that reason, but once in a while, he'll come home early, or I won't realize he didn't work that day and I'll get absolutely wrecked by whatever he's doing. I'll stop after that, till it's freed up again, but that's my reason if I'm playing and my ping goes nuts. Also, despite living in a nice neighborhood, the wiring around here sucks and the whole neighborhood loses power like once a week. Luckily that's only ever happened once in game, but it's extraordinarily upsetting when it does. EDIT: As an additional note. I've been playing LoL for 1 month shy of 10 years now, and this is the only place I've lived at/person I've lived with that has caused me issues. It sucks when something happens, but I'm not willing to let a minor inconvenience once in a while stop me from playing something I love that I've dedicated a decade of my life to.
> [{quoted}](name=Unemployed Ninja,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-05T04:29:39.092+0000) > > My roommate is a hardcore tech guy that works in computers/IT management and web design. Whenever he's home, whatever the hell he's doing in his office always obliterates our bandwidth. I don't play when he's awake/home for that reason, but once in a while, he'll come home early, or I won't realize he didn't work that day and I'll get absolutely wrecked by whatever he's doing. I'll stop after that, till it's freed up again, but that's my reason if I'm playing and my ping goes nuts. > > > Also, despite living in a nice neighborhood, the wiring around here sucks and the whole neighborhood loses power like once a week. Luckily that's only ever happened once in game, but it's extraordinarily upsetting when it does. > > EDIT: As an additional note. I've been playing LoL for 1 month shy of 10 years now, and this is the only place I've lived at/person I've lived with that has caused me issues. It sucks when something happens, but I'm not willing to let a minor inconvenience once in a while stop me from playing something I love that I've dedicated a decade of my life to. See this I would make an exception and be understanding. Because for the most part, your computer and your internet is fine only until that one person comes. So it's understandable in the case that you didn't know he randomly popped back and started taking a large amount of your bandwidth. You I can make an exception to forgive, but I don't think everyone has this problem though. I wrote this out of frustration because I really think some people just queue up even though they know their computer or net dies often but they just can't stop playing league and will play it at the cost of other's suffering.
afmghost (NA)
: That's the thing: Most of these people don't play league exclusively. You may be shocked to find out that there are other games out there, many of which are more demanding on both bandwidth and performance. Overwatch is a great example: The visuals are much nicer, and there is a lot going on in the game. Plus, given that it's a shooter and has twelve players instead of ten, requires a smooth network. That said, if someone plays both games and has issues with league but not Overwatch, it clearly is not their fault. In before I get downvoted for even daring to mention one of League's rivals, or even that league has issues.
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYoEbArj,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-04T21:02:31.512+0000) > > That's the thing: Most of these people don't play league exclusively. You may be shocked to find out that there are other games out there, many of which are more demanding on both bandwidth and performance. > Overwatch is a great example: The visuals are much nicer, and there is a lot going on in the game. Plus, given that it's a shooter and has twelve players instead of ten, requires a smooth network. > That said, if someone plays both games and has issues with league but not Overwatch, it clearly is not their fault. > > In before I get downvoted for even daring to mention one of League's rivals, or even that league has issues. You say this, and I'm not saying what you say isn't true because maybe it could be possible... But then why is it that many people can play it without lag or without disconnecting? I for one don't have connection problems and play just fine. My ping is not in the 5k area.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Anu3isII (EUNE)
: The feature of having all champs unlocked has been requested multiple times and we don't know if Riot will ever make it that way since people would be ablr to play all champions at no real cost, so buying them wouldn't be a requirement for ARAM only accounts (so they would lose profits from them). To off topic subject. I feel like they would need a smaller map than Rift for 3v3 Lane, something like Nexus Blitz? It would be rlly hard to roam in Rift imo. They already tried a 1v1/2v2 map by doing Magma Chambers. Idk why they cancelled it for live, but, probably, they didn't see it as a long term game mode. The mode has been used for some tournaments and it seemed really well-made. For now tho, only Custom Games on ARAM are the best way to do a 1v1/2v2.
> [{quoted}](name=Anu3isII,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uf3dwxsq,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T08:40:22.907+0000) > > The feature of having all champs unlocked has been requested multiple times and we don't know if Riot will ever make it that way since people would be ablr to play all champions at no real cost, so buying them wouldn't be a requirement for ARAM only accounts (so they would lose profits from them). > > To off topic subject. > > I feel like they would need a smaller map than Rift for 3v3 Lane, something like Nexus Blitz? It would be rlly hard to roam in Rift imo. > > They already tried a 1v1/2v2 map by doing Magma Chambers. Idk why they cancelled it for live, but, probably, they didn't see it as a long term game mode. The mode has been used for some tournaments and it seemed really well-made. For now tho, only Custom Games on ARAM are the best way to do a 1v1/2v2. I'm alright with the map being the size of howling abyss but branching out into 3 lanes instead of just 1 for the 3v3. I just think league would be better without junglers in casual games because laning is less complicated to lower skilled players. If you are a laner, you just try to go to your lane asap. If you are a jungler, it's a bit more weird because you don't just stay in your jungle all game farming the jungle. You can also gank, counter gank, steal camps etc. But because it's so complex, a lot of lower skill players don't know how to route efficiently in the jungle as a jungler or know what to do at what situation as a jungler. As a laner, it's simple, just go to your lane, defend your tower, or take down tower. That's why I think league would have been more fun imo if there was a 1 lane 1v1, 2 lane 2v2, 3 lane 3v3 sorta game mode as an option from player's with a lower skill perspective.
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGiLzrhx,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-08T22:27:27.701+0000) > > pantheon game? I played him when he played udyr and carried not the pantheon game. Also, it still doesn't add up. > > You cannot play ranked until level 30 and you need a certain amount of champs so unless he spent money, he wouldn't have enough champions to play ranked right at level 30. Also, the fact that he had to play till level 30 means his mmr in normals should be higher than anyone of us on our team that game because we all were under level 30. That udyr we went up against should have been like 300 mmr while every one of my teammates should have been around 50. I don't have accurate numbers because riot decides to make mmr hidden but what I'm trying to say is that my entire team's mmr together was probably around the gold player's mmr alone if you were to only include that he played pvp normals till level 30 and played normals until he could get the minimum amount of champs to even play ranked. That's not even including the times he could be playing normals just for fun. His mmr alone should be above me and my entire teammates who were all under level 30. > > A gold player playing normals will eventually win enough games and get their mmr boosted up to at least silver level mmr in normals after a few games even if initially his mmr was low around unranked iron players. I am only implementing ranked because the mmr is low. But if you want a better example, it would be like, if the gold player was around 100 mmr aka unranked mmr, after playing a few games, his mmr should jump up to 2000 around silver mmr. If you factor that he was playing pvp until level 30, his mmr should be above anyone of us because all of us are level 20 and naturally that would mean we all played less games and probably have a lower mmr unless that guy lost a lot while grinding to level 30. Then he must have played a lot of normal games to grind for blue essence to unlock champions before he could actually play ranked meaning his mmr should be even higher than any pre30 player. Then if you factor that it's highly possible he played normals after achieving gold ranked considering i met him in a normal game, he probably won a lot of normal games considering his gold ranked skill level and him having low normal mmr means he would have won a lot of games a had his mmr spike up and going way beyond me or any of my pre30 teammates. > > The only exception I would take is that the gold player played only bots or normals until 30, then bought enough champs with rp to play ranked, then never played normals until that fateful day they he got to stomp on a bunch of under level 30s. That would be like he never played a single normal game after reaching level 30, only in that instance would it make sense. If he ever played any normals after achieving silver or gold ranked, his mmr should have spiked up tremendously that the whole statement of ranked and mmr aren't related shouldn't even be brought up considering that if a diamond player with normal mmr of 100, if that player were to play normals for 2-3 days, their mmr would jump up to plat-diamond within those days because that diamond player would be winning like crazy. So yes, I'm well aware that ranked and level don't equal mmr, but a player can only stay at a normals mmr heavily below their rank for so long if they are playing normals. It's bound to spike up. > > Even if he had been in a premade with players under level 30, it still doesnt add up that me and a bunch of random pre30 players have to go against a gold player who should at the very least have a level 30+ mmr. I know mmr is not tied to a player's level or rank and is based on total mmr, but his mmr should be above anyone of our team even if you average out his mmr with his lower level friends. > > There should be a way to defend pre level 30 players from going up against a level 30 especially a rank silver+. This is just my opinion of course but it would be like putting a level 8 against a diamond just because the diamond player queued with a level 3 friend in normals. It makes absolutely no sense. > > If you believe that the match making was fair after considering that despite ranked not being a factor to mmr, that a gold player would at least have to level up to 30 and most likely the gold player played normals to get to level 30 and needed to play more pvp games to unlock champs to even play ranked in the first place, then i have nothing really to say. I meant his TF and Pantheon games. Sorry for not making that more clear. The hypothetical situation is he played normal until 30 and then went into ranked, leaving his normal MMR presumably bad since he was new. MMR doesn't start at 0 and go up with experience. It's starts at a value and then goes up for wins and down for losses. Assuming no shenanigans, someone who is 5-5 will probably have a similar MMR to someone who is 5000-5000, despite the huge disparity in experience.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGiLzrhx,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-08T22:51:04.288+0000) > > I meant his TF and Pantheon games. Sorry for not making that more clear. > > The hypothetical situation is he played normal until 30 and then went into ranked, leaving his normal MMR presumably bad since he was new. MMR doesn't start at 0 and go up with experience. It's starts at a value and then goes up for wins and down for losses. Assuming no shenanigans, someone who is 5-5 will probably have a similar MMR to someone who is 5000-5000, despite the huge disparity in experience. Oh okay yeah i was confused at first but i get what you mean now. And that's a good way to look at it about the 5-5 to 5000-5000. I still think it was an unfair matchup but ill just try to think maybe that gold player just never played normals so his mmr was low enough to have him go up against 5 random pre30 players. Could be a thing :/
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGiLzrhx,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-09-08T21:22:15.309+0000) > > but still, how was this fair? If a gold wants to premade with under level 30s, why am i put against a gold who is premade with under level 30s? At the very least, since the gold player wanted to queue with lower level friends, the gold and friend should have been placed against silver players. I don't think the mmr is even correct if my entire teammates are under level 30 including me and they have a gold. Clearly their mmr should have jumped up tremendously because of the gold player because im assuming the gold players normal mmr would be high, not around the level of pre30 players. Even if you account for his 4 teammates who could have been under level 30 it still doesnt add up correctly why 5 pre30s are against a gold no matter what way you look at it. It's unfair and match making did a terrible job. His performance in ranked has no influence on his MMR in normal or how the system pairs his teammates teammates and opponents. If his normal MMR is low (it probably is), he's going to be paired with other people with low normal MMRs, especially when he's queuing with people who are probably new and also have low normal MMRs. The system certainly tries to pair sub-30s with other sub-30s even when it comes to alts, but he queued with three sub-30s and one 30. If you look two games back (his 1/1/0 TF game), no one in the game is sub-30 because he queued only with his level 30 partner. For the 20/5/6 Pantheon game, the enemy team had one super-30 and all other eight people were sub-30.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGiLzrhx,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-09-08T21:53:36.563+0000) > > His performance in ranked has no influence on his MMR in normal or how the system pairs his teammates teammates and opponents. If his normal MMR is low (it probably is), he's going to be paired with other people with low normal MMRs, especially when he's queuing with people who are probably new and also have low normal MMRs. The system certainly tries to pair sub-30s with other sub-30s even when it comes to alts, but he queued with three sub-30s and one 30. > > If you look two games back (his 1/1/0 TF game), no one in the game is sub-30 because he queued only with his level 30 partner. For the 20/5/6 Pantheon game, the enemy team had one super-30 and all other eight people were sub-30. pantheon game? I played him when he played udyr and carried not the pantheon game. Also, it still doesn't add up. You cannot play ranked until level 30 and you need a certain amount of champs so unless he spent money, he wouldn't have enough champions to play ranked right at level 30. Also, the fact that he had to play till level 30 means his mmr in normals should be higher than anyone of us on our team that game because we all were under level 30. That udyr we went up against should have been like 300 mmr while every one of my teammates should have been around 50. I don't have accurate numbers because riot decides to make mmr hidden but what I'm trying to say is that my entire team's mmr together was probably around the gold player's mmr alone if you were to only include that he played pvp normals till level 30 and played normals until he could get the minimum amount of champs to even play ranked. That's not even including the times he could be playing normals just for fun. His mmr alone should be above me and my entire teammates who were all under level 30. A gold player playing normals will eventually win enough games and get their mmr boosted up to at least silver level mmr in normals after a few games even if initially his mmr was low around unranked iron players. I am only implementing ranked because the mmr is low. But if you want a better example, it would be like, if the gold player was around 100 mmr aka unranked mmr, after playing a few games, his mmr should jump up to 2000 around silver mmr. If you factor that he was playing pvp until level 30, his mmr should be above anyone of us because all of us are level 20 and naturally that would mean we all played less games and probably have a lower mmr unless that guy lost a lot while grinding to level 30. Then he must have played a lot of normal games to grind for blue essence to unlock champions before he could actually play ranked meaning his mmr should be even higher than any pre30 player. Then if you factor that it's highly possible he played normals after achieving gold ranked considering i met him in a normal game, he probably won a lot of normal games considering his gold ranked skill level and him having low normal mmr means he would have won a lot of games a had his mmr spike up and going way beyond me or any of my pre30 teammates. The only exception I would take is that the gold player played only bots or normals until 30, then bought enough champs with rp to play ranked, then never played normals until that fateful day they he got to stomp on a bunch of under level 30s. That would be like he never played a single normal game after reaching level 30, only in that instance would it make sense. If he ever played any normals after achieving silver or gold ranked, his mmr should have spiked up tremendously that the whole statement of ranked and mmr aren't related shouldn't even be brought up considering that if a diamond player with normal mmr of 100, if that player were to play normals for 2-3 days, their mmr would jump up to plat-diamond within those days because that diamond player would be winning like crazy. So yes, I'm well aware that ranked and level don't equal mmr, but a player can only stay at a normals mmr heavily below their rank for so long if they are playing normals. It's bound to spike up. Even if he had been in a premade with players under level 30, it still doesnt add up that me and a bunch of random pre30 players have to go against a gold player who should at the very least have a level 30+ mmr. I know mmr is not tied to a player's level or rank and is based on total mmr, but his mmr should be above anyone of our team even if you average out his mmr with his lower level friends. There should be a way to defend pre level 30 players from going up against a level 30 especially a rank silver+. This is just my opinion of course but it would be like putting a level 8 against a diamond just because the diamond player queued with a level 3 friend in normals. It makes absolutely no sense. If you believe that the match making was fair after considering that despite ranked not being a factor to mmr, that a gold player would at least have to level up to 30 and most likely the gold player played normals to get to level 30 and needed to play more pvp games to unlock champs to even play ranked in the first place, then i have nothing really to say.
: It was a premade. That Udyr regularly queues with all four of his teammates. Also, ranked and normal have separate MMRs.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGiLzrhx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-08T12:11:24.032+0000) > > It was a premade. That Udyr regularly queues with all four of his teammates. > > Also, ranked and normal have separate MMRs. but still, how was this fair? If a gold wants to premade with under level 30s, why am i put against a gold who is premade with under level 30s? At the very least, since the gold player wanted to queue with lower level friends, the gold and friend should have been placed against silver players. I don't think the mmr is even correct if my entire teammates are under level 30 including me and they have a gold. Clearly their mmr should have jumped up tremendously because of the gold player because im assuming the gold players normal mmr would be high, not around the level of pre30 players. Even if you account for his 4 teammates who could have been under level 30 it still doesnt add up correctly why 5 pre30s are against a gold no matter what way you look at it. It's unfair and match making did a terrible job.
: > [{quoted}](name=redLizardrock,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uf3dwxsq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-08T08:41:10.820+0000) > > Why do you play aram if you don't like it? I mostly play summoner's rift by the way. That's the thing: I do like ARAM. It's my one chance to play some champs outside of roles/SR because I never really could play them elsewhere. Save Nexus Blitz, which I loved. (Although I understand why Riot removed it. RIP) It also lets me play some more meme-y builds. AP Miss Fortune. On-hit Bard. AD Thresh. etc etc. Plus I'm an old vet, having all the champs unlocked, but this puts me at a disadvantage against people who have accounts tailored to play ARAM. It's really just not fair. Not because of balance, design, gameplay or any outside factor. It's just the core account system of ARAM.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uf3dwxsq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-08T08:53:37.621+0000) > > That's the thing: I do like ARAM. It's my one chance to play some champs outside of roles/SR because I never really could play them elsewhere. Save Nexus Blitz, which I loved. (Although I understand why Riot removed it. RIP) > > It also lets me play some more meme-y builds. AP Miss Fortune. On-hit Bard. AD Thresh. etc etc. Plus I'm an old vet, having all the champs unlocked, but this puts me at a disadvantage against people who have accounts tailored to play ARAM. It's really just not fair. Not because of balance, design, gameplay or any outside factor. It's just the core account system of ARAM. I see, but I mean that is how the game plays right now right? Is riot going to change that or is that just wishful thinking you are doing? Because it seems that the current way aram is working, you aren't too happy about it. Off topic below I personally wish for a 3v3 game mode but not like twisted treeline, but rather like summoner's rift where there are actually 3 lanes and 3 players per team. In that game mode, jungling will not be forced but rather be implemented how riot originally intended jungle camps, to be farmed on the side when you need a little bit of extra gold and exp instead of the current way where people dedicate a player to farming the jungle aka jungler. I also want a 1v1 mode/ 2v2 mode. I know I'm asking for a completely different game mode but I think it would be fun. Having options is nice for me but right now writing this out, i can see some issues such as increasing queue time if you make too many game modes because it will split players all over the place.
: Why do you keep playing this game?
where is this video? How come I haven't seen it yet?
: Reminder: Unlock all champions for ARAM
Why do you play aram if you don't like it? I mostly play summoner's rift by the way.
Rioter Comments

redLizardrock

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion