ContraBL (NA)
: Garen and Taric is my ship now
this is a ship i can get behind, mostly because of the fact that i hate both of these characters in the lore. it would be important for riot to embrace realism in their product and aknowledge the fact that being in the military makes you gay. in this context, taric and garen are perfect for each other jarvan too, should be gay. but he should be an incel whos forced to be straight for lux or whatever happened in the comic and he doesnt care that shes regularly with sylas the chad now moving onto noxus, darius. being straight clearly hasnt worked out for him, he should simply choose to be gay as well. thank you for listening
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fqbm2iMp,comment-id=00060000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T20:24:55.541+0000) > > no > > edit: looked him up and he has a history of participating in or promoting hoaxes > > what about him? you kidding? he is an award winning journalist.
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fqbm2iMp,comment-id=000600000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T20:47:24.463+0000) > > you kidding? he is an award winning journalist. and then he started peddling hoaxes https://www.thelocal.se/20170301/police-told-me-to-leave-rinkeby-us-journalist-tim-pool https://archive.fo/jnC8b
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fqbm2iMp,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T15:43:14.135+0000) > > that video was faked > > i tested it and you are wrong It was not faked. Do you know who Tim Pool is?
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fqbm2iMp,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T17:05:58.623+0000) > > It was not faked. Do you know who Tim Pool is? no edit: looked him up and he has a history of participating in or promoting hoaxes what about him?
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fqbm2iMp,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-25T12:56:31.552+0000) > > project veritas is literally a fake news organization I don't trust them. But they have video of executives from google stating their own disturbing views caught on hidden camera. Which has been taken down over _privacy claims_. You can test google's autocomplete feature yourself to see they are manipulating results, which they have testified on before congress saying they don't do.
> [{quoted}](name=Trollmanship,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Fqbm2iMp,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-06-25T13:03:40.309+0000) > > I don't trust them. But they have video of executives from google stating their own disturbing views caught on hidden camera. Which has been taken down over _privacy claims_. You can test google's autocomplete feature yourself to see they are manipulating results, which they have testified on before congress saying they don't do. that video was faked i tested it and you are wrong
: Welp, it's time for me to find alternatives to all my Google products
project veritas is literally a fake news organization
Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hAWYTPEa,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-06-23T17:12:24.859+0000) > > wow theres a lot of responses to this post with a lot of words > > heres two: toxic masculinity Toxic to whom exactly?
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hAWYTPEa,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-06-23T17:14:00.105+0000) > > Toxic to whom exactly? a man exhibiting any feminine behaviour or showing any perceived weakness
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Why can girls wear male clothes without problems
wow theres a lot of responses to this post with a lot of words heres two: toxic masculinity
: God I miss Zyra...
the only time in zyras history shes been good, not just "playable" mid lane was her release when she could 1v5 ever since her nerfs she has primarily been played in the support role, and the video you provided is mostly of her being played in the support role the mid year mage update did not turn zyra brand or velkoz into supports, but merely shifted their kits to acknowledge that players had been playing them as supports for several years
: Taken straight from Ismo, the finnish comedian, and his routine "I Didn't Know Shit" Fun fact he also has a similar routine that he did on Canon that is pretty much the same but uses the word Ass instead.
> [{quoted}](name=King Braum,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AckUPIGz,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-18T10:56:40.418+0000) > > Taken straight from Ismo, the finnish comedian, and his routine "I Didn't Know Shit" > Fun fact he also has a similar routine that he did on Canon that is pretty much the same but uses the word Ass instead. i mean its not like whats being posted is all that creative or inventive, doubt a finnish comedian patented this joke honestly these days it feels like comics get their jokes from screenshots and then tell them to an audience that has never heard them
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1AomWeM1,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-06T02:24:09.259+0000) > > it has a style and a voice as a critique on otaku culture with the skimpy outfits > > but its still putting 14 year olds in titty outfits, its just critiquing itself as it does it, while not paying attention to the criticism its making > > so its kind of meaningless > > the animation styles good i guess > > the plot twist is predictable to be fair ryuko is 17 and satsuki is 18
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1AomWeM1,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-04-06T02:31:23.219+0000) > > to be fair ryuko is 17 and satsuki is 18 it seems this is so its still putting 17 year olds in titty outfits*
: Kill la Kill
it has a style and a voice as a critique on otaku culture with the skimpy outfits but its still putting 14 year olds in titty outfits, its just critiquing itself as it does it, while not paying attention to the criticism its making so its kind of meaningless the animation styles good i guess the plot twist is predictable
: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/310497946980319232/534973967723921408/DqDS9Np.gif Leave the cat alone Raccoon.
> [{quoted}](name=Wizard Blaze,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9Rjha4nJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-16T05:55:58.291+0000) > > https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/310497946980319232/534973967723921408/DqDS9Np.gif > > Leave the cat alone Raccoon. im calling the police
: I think we all just need to realize that Riot has no fucking clue on how to handle crises. They do the most opposite thing to try to fix the problem, and it's become very apparent that their PR/management is either an RNG with a magic 8-Ball attached, or completely incompetent.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-01-12T23:34:43.416+0000) > > I think we all just need to realize that Riot has no fucking clue on how to handle crises. They do the most opposite thing to try to fix the problem, and it's become very apparent that their PR/management is either an RNG with a magic 8-Ball attached, or completely incompetent. this isnt a crisis. a few thousand people out of millions of players got it, people are just mad it wasnt them
ExpStealer (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0002000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2019-01-12T15:14:20.486+0000) > > thats pretty funny, but we still cant be sure of what was going through any players head when they were buying them unless they tell us, in which case they can still be lying > > we cant trust people bragging about buying them and ban them and we cant trust people saying they just didnt know > > so like, how do you punish the players? after having read riots explanation on the issue What was going through their heads is beyond the point. It only matters that they bought something that was obviously not correctly priced. Anyone who says they didn't know is a liar. 1. 750 RP for a capsule... Or just 1 BE. Already sounds suspicious. 2. There are bundles of capsules on the very same page, which are RP only. 3. The only time Riot has offered cosmetics for BE is the Essence Emporium. 4. Speaking of the Emporium, Urfwick costs 100k+ BE. You're telling me a capsule that may or may not contain at least one skin of the same or higher price range would cost just 1 BE? All those, even without the 4th one, are enough signs to erase any doubt of the pricing validity. Quit trying to defend people who knew **exactly** what they were getting into.
> [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00020000000000000001000100000001,timestamp=2019-01-12T20:47:11.942+0000) > > What was going through their heads is beyond the point. It only matters that they bought something that was obviously not correctly priced. Anyone who says they didn't know is a liar. > > 1. 750 RP for a capsule... Or just 1 BE. Already sounds suspicious. > 2. There are bundles of capsules on the very same page, which are RP only. > 3. The only time Riot has offered cosmetics for BE is the Essence Emporium. > 4. Speaking of the Emporium, Urfwick costs 100k+ BE. You're telling me a capsule that may or may not contain at least one skin of the same or higher price range would cost just 1 BE? > > All those, even without the 4th one, are enough signs to erase any doubt of the pricing validity. Quit trying to defend people who knew **exactly** what they were getting into. i'm not defending them i don't care what was going through their heads. malicious or not. riot fucked up, riot takes the l
Aseraan (EUW)
: Like what would be the reason behind this seriusly? I want a legit reason why should any player taking part in this should be punished since we all know the reason this can happen is purely on riots fault whit the shity client and how lazy they are doing their things that isnt related to ingame shop.
> [{quoted}](name=Aseraan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00020000000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T18:04:32.099+0000) > > Like what would be the reason behind this seriusly? > I want a legit reason why should any player taking part in this should be punished since we all know the reason this can happen is purely on riots fault whit the shity client and how lazy they are doing their things that isnt related to ingame shop. there shouldnt be, people are mad for no reason
: The Funniest Thing About People Who Don't Read The Lore
yeah lol people think soldier76 got retconned as gay, when there was just no information about his family before
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00020000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T17:22:18.851+0000) > > having the opinion doesnt but the ludicrous comparisons do At no point was I comparing human health to purely cosmetic skins. I was simply using an example of human stupidity to clarify my personal definition of "common sense".
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=000200000000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T17:26:17.736+0000) > > At no point was I comparing human health to purely cosmetic skins. I was simply using an example of human stupidity to clarify my personal definition of "common sense". this is why gamers are the intellectual equivalent of clowns your statements dont exist in a logical vacuum independent of everything said before or after. its all connected dont con yourself into thinking every thought you have is objective, ayn rand died alone in poverty on government assistance
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=000200000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T17:02:02.970+0000) > > pokemon go has that in for liability purposes in case someone actually dies playing their game > > do you really think someone dying playing pokemon go is the same as someone buying lootboxes for 1 online currency? > > this isnt nearly as big of a deal as you think it is > > "human lives are more serious than a few skins" is common sense to me, but thats just me and my unquestioned biased thinking. i havent tried thinking about this thru GAMER LOGIC yet The point is that it should automatically register in people's minds that "1 BE" is not an appropriate price for ANYTHING (at least, not with how League is currently constructed). I personally can't stop them from making use of a CLEARLY unintended price. I can't put Riot in a position to do anything about it. Do I want something to be done to those abusing the price? Yes. But I'm not going to be posting new threads on the issue at any point because the sooner it dies the sooner everyone can forget about it and the sooner some people stop acting like an opinion makes you worthy of being insulted.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0002000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T17:20:45.066+0000) > > The point is that it should automatically register in people's minds that "1 BE" is not an appropriate price for ANYTHING (at least, not with how League is currently constructed). > > I personally can't stop them from making use of a CLEARLY unintended price. I can't put Riot in a position to do anything about it. Do I want something to be done to those abusing the price? Yes. But I'm not going to be posting new threads on the issue at any point because the sooner it dies the sooner everyone can forget about it and the sooner some people stop acting like an opinion makes you worthy of being insulted. having the opinion doesnt but the ludicrous comparisons do
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0002000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:48:04.374+0000) > > common sense is just a series of unquestioned biases youve never thought about > > everyone has a different set > > like thats common sense to me, but not others > get it? When I hear "unquestioned biases", I think "opinions reinforced by situation and/or close minded-thinking". An example of this would be "Every police district has its corrupt cops." from someone who has continually had bad experiences with law enforcement despite being innocent. When I hear "common sense", I think "basic and universally accepted reasoning that should be automatic". Stuff like "Look ~~both ways~~ for oncoming vehicles before crossing a street" because a human body will not win against 2 tons of metal moving above 20 MPH. Common sense, to me, has almost nothing to do with opinions. In other words, Pokemon GO! shouldn't need to remind users to be aware of their surroundings, but a lack of common sense among some of those users has lead to serious injuries and death.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00020000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T16:30:35.499+0000) > > When I hear "unquestioned biases", I think "opinions reinforced by situation and/or close minded-thinking". An example of this would be "Every police district has its corrupt cops." from someone who has continually had bad experiences with law enforcement despite being innocent. > > When I hear "common sense", I think "basic and universally accepted reasoning that should be automatic". Stuff like "Look ~~both ways~~ for oncoming vehicles before crossing a street" because a human body will not win against 2 tons of metal moving above 20 MPH. Common sense, to me, has almost nothing to do with opinions. > > In other words, Pokemon GO! shouldn't need to remind users to be aware of their surroundings, but a lack of common sense among some of those users has lead to serious injuries and death. pokemon go has that in for liability purposes in case someone actually dies playing their game do you really think someone dying playing pokemon go is the same as someone buying lootboxes for 1 online currency? this isnt nearly as big of a deal as you think it is "human lives are more serious than a few skins" is common sense to me, but thats just me and my unquestioned biased thinking. i havent tried thinking about this thru GAMER LOGIC yet
: > [{quoted}](name=Cavalier707,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=e5Fy3Mmd,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-12T12:08:09.163+0000) > > I play top and mid and mostly I either have the highest vision score in the game or the lowest IDK why. But when I get autofilled, I have good vision score always. The vision score is wacky. Supports and Junglers get more vision points for using their trinkets compared to the other 3 roles for some reason. I tested this out like a month ago although it'd be nice if someone else would also check for me c:
> [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=e5Fy3Mmd,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-01-12T12:25:26.571+0000) > > The vision score is wacky. Supports and Junglers get more vision points for using their trinkets compared to the other 3 roles for some reason. I tested this out like a month ago although it'd be nice if someone else would also check for me c: dont forget trinket gets better and better through the game whereas supports are actually gated by how much they back
ExpStealer (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:34:26.786+0000) > > how were these (extremely small number of) players supposed to know the loot was priced incorrectly? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/459349252037017600/533036711605829643/1_capsule_1_be.PNG You tell me.
> [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=000200000000000000010001,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:55:35.015+0000) > > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/459349252037017600/533036711605829643/1_capsule_1_be.PNG > > You tell me. thats pretty funny, but we still cant be sure of what was going through any players head when they were buying them unless they tell us, in which case they can still be lying we cant trust people bragging about buying them and ban them and we cant trust people saying they just didnt know so like, how do you punish the players? after having read riots explanation on the issue
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:34:26.786+0000) > > i experienced a bug like that in mass effect multiplayer and was allowed to keep all the infinite resources because i reported it > > anyway thats unrelated. > how were these (extremely small number of) players supposed to know the loot was priced incorrectly? Common sense, of course. But apparently common sense has become an extremely rare resource with no value whatsoever.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=000200000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:43:49.876+0000) > > Common sense, of course. > > But apparently common sense has become an extremely rare resource with no value whatsoever. common sense is just a series of unquestioned biases youve never thought about everyone has a different set like thats common sense to me, but not others get it?
Krayzie (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2N3xN9xA,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:39:43.317+0000) > > you know they charge people for rp with real money, right? You missed the point
> [{quoted}](name=thot executioner,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2N3xN9xA,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:41:47.936+0000) > > You missed the point then what is it
Krayzie (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2N3xN9xA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:24:22.151+0000) > > "Riot stand the chance of losing hundreds of thousands of dollars because they lost a few people got a couple thousands of dollars worth of stuff." > > > OOF Yeahhhhhhhhh cuz RP = real money. Totally not virtual currency xD
> [{quoted}](name=thot executioner,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2N3xN9xA,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:35:38.026+0000) > > Yeahhhhhhhhh cuz RP = real money. Totally not virtual currency xD you know they charge people for rp with real money, right?
: @Riot: You Won't Like This, but I Have a Resolution to Solve the Capsule Mistake You Made
Myrmiron (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:12:14.478+0000) > > Please, tell me ***one*** game that permabanned people for buying content at the price it was listed at. I was talking about bug abusing in general. Guild Wars for example perma banned a bunch of accounts back in the days which abused a bug that gave them basically infinite materials without any prior warning.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:20:27.486+0000) > > I was talking about bug abusing in general. > Guild Wars for example perma banned a bunch of accounts back in the days which abused a bug that gave them basically infinite materials without any prior warning. i experienced a bug like that in mass effect multiplayer and was allowed to keep all the infinite resources because i reported it anyway thats unrelated. how were these (extremely small number of) players supposed to know the loot was priced incorrectly?
: "watch e-sports, get rewards"
: "we heard you like playing enchanter supports and jungle"
i play enchanter supports and it told me to play kaisa as well
Dynikus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=0002000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T19:48:59.909+0000) > > so you have league which is mostly played by straight men, and taric is a fabio type in the media mostly consumed by straight men > taric, is a joke. His looks aren't, and arguing that he isn't sexualized is just blatantly wrong. Even in other media where fabio types are made to be comedic, they're still sexualized. It's how overly sexual and romantic they are that gets made fun of. > neither is varus? theyre both darkin Varus is a darkin, but the body (technically bodies) he possessed isn't/aren't. He's human in appearance. Aatrox isn't.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=00020000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T20:00:11.361+0000) > > His looks aren't, and arguing that he isn't sexualized is just blatantly wrong. Even in other media where fabio types are made to be comedic, they're still sexualized. It's how overly sexual and romantic they are that gets made fun of. > > Varus is a darkin, but the body (technically bodies) he possessed isn't/aren't. He's human in appearance. Aatrox isn't. they're sexualized in a way thats comedic and not sexual in the way that mf or caitlyn are. all darkin started off human. anyway, do you know why one is sexualized and the other isn't?
Dynikus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=00020000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T19:30:29.910+0000) > > first, WHO is into fabio types, theyre always presented as comedic Considering he's been on the cover of over 400 romance novels? I'd say a lot of people. His entire career is based on being attractive and sexualized. They're presented as comedic in media targeted towards straight men. >varus is sexualized but aatrox isnt, even though theyre wearing the same amount of clothes Aatrox isn't even human?
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=000200000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T19:38:26.667+0000) > > Considering he's been on the cover of over 400 romance novels? I'd say a lot of people. His entire career is based on being attractive and sexualized. > They're presented as comedic in media targeted towards straight men. > > Aatrox isn't even human? so you have league which is mostly played by straight men, and taric is a fabio type in the media mostly consumed by straight men taric, is a joke. neither is varus? theyre both darkin
Dynikus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=000200000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-11T16:19:35.767+0000) > > i think only pool party graves chromas and 2 varus skins are sexualized out of the things you listed > > taric is a joke, nobody finds him attractive > braum isnt sexual, hes just big and shirtless. > theyre stylish in their debonair/valentines skins, but thats not inherently sexual > > another issue with that is the champions they keep picking for valentines and pool party cant or arent being sexualized if theyre men, whereas 100% of adult human women in the line are sexualized > gp, lee, and mundo are wearing golf shirts, shorts, and sandals just with different colours and designs, none of them are sexualized. draven is not sexualized. Singed is Singed. it's really only joke taric and those 2 graves chromas that are sexualized for the men of that line Just because you dont feel they're sexualized, doesn't mean they aren't. "He's not sexualized, he's just big and shirtless" makes literally no sense. And just because you find Taric to be a joke, it's silly to assume everyone does. He's essentially in game Fabio. If your argument is that a muscular shirtless man isn't sexualized, then how are any of the female skins sexualized?
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=0002000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T19:12:01.376+0000) > > Just because you dont feel they're sexualized, doesn't mean they aren't. > "He's not sexualized, he's just big and shirtless" makes literally no sense. And just because you find Taric to be a joke, it's silly to assume everyone does. He's essentially in game Fabio. > > If your argument is that a muscular shirtless man isn't sexualized, then how are any of the female skins sexualized? first, WHO is into fabio types, theyre always presented as comedic second, presentation about their base skins, varus is sexualized but aatrox isnt, even though theyre wearing the same amount of clothes. do you know why?
Dynikus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T19:15:15.183+0000) > > i meant how it would be obvious fetish material, borrowing from tropes: pizza delivery man braum with "xl sausage" on the box or something, or plumber graves with as much ass out as they can get away with. > > also nobody is genuinely attracted to taric because he is a joke You have things like santa braum, pool party taric and graves, heartseeker varus and lucian, debonair jayce and ez, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting about. There are plenty of sexualized male champion skins. I think the plumber and pizza delivery guy tropes are more for male self insertion than they are for women though. Most of the stereotypical fetish material skins for females champs are also pretty old, and I doubt riot would really make anything as blatant now. French maid nidalee, kitty cat katarina, headmistress fiora, nurse akali, officer caitlyn etc are all 7-9 years old now. The only time we really get stuff like that now is pool party or heartseeker for both genders.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-10T21:14:09.115+0000) > > You have things like santa braum, pool party taric and graves, heartseeker varus and lucian, debonair jayce and ez, and I'm sure others I'm forgetting about. There are plenty of sexualized male champion skins. > I think the plumber and pizza delivery guy tropes are more for male self insertion than they are for women though. > > Most of the stereotypical fetish material skins for females champs are also pretty old, and I doubt riot would really make anything as blatant now. French maid nidalee, kitty cat katarina, headmistress fiora, nurse akali, officer caitlyn etc are all 7-9 years old now. The only time we really get stuff like that now is pool party or heartseeker for both genders. i think only pool party graves chromas and 2 varus skins are sexualized out of the things you listed taric is a joke, nobody finds him attractive braum isnt sexual, hes just big and shirtless. theyre stylish in their debonair/valentines skins, but thats not inherently sexual another issue with that is the champions they keep picking for valentines and pool party cant or arent being sexualized if theyre men, whereas 100% of adult human women in the line are sexualized gp, lee, and mundo are wearing golf shirts, shorts, and sandals just with different colours and designs, none of them are sexualized. draven is not sexualized. Singed is Singed. it's really only joke taric and those 2 graves chromas that are sexualized for the men of that line
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T19:15:15.183+0000) > > i meant how it would be obvious fetish material, borrowing from tropes: pizza delivery man braum with "xl sausage" on the box or something, or plumber graves with as much ass out as they can get away with. > > also nobody is genuinely attracted to taric because he is a joke Oh, I see what you mean. I think the thing about obvious fetish material is hard for women. The only things I can think of that are 'obvious fetish' material for girls would be jokes. Like you said that Braum skin. I don't think there are such tropes for women that are obvious fetishes beyond Fabio style guys (Godfist Lee Sin, or Fuzzy Boots Taric). Not sure though. I could just be clueless.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T19:18:52.983+0000) > > Oh, I see what you mean. I think the thing about obvious fetish material is hard for women. The only things I can think of that are 'obvious fetish' material for girls would be jokes. Like you said that Braum skin. I don't think there are such tropes for women that are obvious fetishes beyond Fabio style guys (Godfist Lee Sin, or Fuzzy Boots Taric). Not sure though. I could just be clueless. we'll just have to take them from the gay community then who would wear a pup mask
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-10T18:49:08.909+0000) > > i think its more some people like sexualized designs, others dont > > i like sexualized designs, i think theyre fun, and that there should be more for men and women. but sylas is so cookie cutter its hard to take that criticism seriously. > > it really makes me wonder how gamers would react to a male equivalent fanservice skin of french maid nidalee or arcade mf I think Sylas is the french maid equivalent of a male fanservice skin. That or Rakan/Taric. Thing is that it's not a direct translation between the sexes, right? Men find the 'french maid outfit' appealing for a number of reasons, and just how attraction works, I don't think women would like a guy in a ... french janitor outfit. Know what I mean? I think for them more of a Fabio-esque style skin would be the equivalent honestly.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T19:10:38.984+0000) > > I think Sylas is the french maid equivalent of a male fanservice skin. That or Rakan/Taric. Thing is that it's not a direct translation between the sexes, right? Men find the 'french maid outfit' appealing for a number of reasons, and just how attraction works, I don't think women would like a guy in a ... french janitor outfit. Know what I mean? I think for them more of a Fabio-esque style skin would be the equivalent honestly. i meant how it would be obvious fetish material, borrowing from tropes: pizza delivery man braum with "xl sausage" on the box or something, or plumber graves with as much ass out as they can get away with. also nobody is genuinely attracted to taric because he is a joke
: He's got a classical rugged look, and muscular. People are upset because people get upset about female characters all the time being remotely attractive whatsoever. They are 'balancing the scales' in my estimation because of the hypocrisy involved. Basically 'sexualizing women = bad' and 'sexualizing men = wtf cares' frustrates some so they mimic the outrage. Sylas is sexualized. There's no way he isn't. I think people care more about the complaining about female characters being 'problematic' more than anything. Personally, when I figured out the double standard (some 13 years ago with WoW), I went with welp, i don't care either way because the point is to be attactive since if you're going to spend hundreds of hours behind a character model, might as well make it work looking at and appreciating.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-10T18:30:05.382+0000) > > He's got a classical rugged look, and muscular. People are upset because people get upset about female characters all the time being remotely attractive whatsoever. They are 'balancing the scales' in my estimation because of the hypocrisy involved. Basically 'sexualizing women = bad' and 'sexualizing men = wtf cares' frustrates some so they mimic the outrage. > > Sylas is sexualized. There's no way he isn't. I think people care more about the complaining about female characters being 'problematic' more than anything. Personally, when I figured out the double standard (some 13 years ago with WoW), I went with welp, i don't care either way because the point is to be attactive since if you're going to spend hundreds of hours behind a character model, might as well make it work looking at and appreciating. i think its more some people like sexualized designs, others dont i like sexualized designs, i think theyre fun, and that there should be more for men and women. but sylas is so cookie cutter its hard to take that criticism seriously. it really makes me wonder how gamers would react to a male equivalent fanservice skin of french maid nidalee or arcade mf
simzie (NA)
: Cause women (or men!) love a shirtless man in chains ;)
> [{quoted}](name=simzie,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j95wYEfU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-10T17:55:34.234+0000) > > Cause women (or men!) love a shirtless man in chains ;) women bad!
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h1PEULya,comment-id=001f0000,timestamp=2019-01-10T16:36:36.969+0000) > > But somehow, a girl can still get a nice rack while being in the void for so long. I never mentioned Kai'Sa. It's actually somewhat explainable why Sylas is how he is, but Kai'Sa is just a narrative clusterfuck.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h1PEULya,comment-id=001f00000001,timestamp=2019-01-10T16:43:15.750+0000) > > I never mentioned Kai'Sa. It's actually somewhat explainable why Sylas is how he is, but Kai'Sa is just a narrative clusterfuck. void energy brushed up against malzahars soul and fucked him up forever kaisa lives there all her life and comes out a jaded teenage girl with an anime weapon
Mr Elessar (EUNE)
: Men don't feel inferior when they see a fictional character that looks better than them.
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Elessar,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J6hdpimn,comment-id=0069,timestamp=2019-01-10T14:52:53.523+0000) > > Men don't feel inferior when they see a fictional character that looks better than them. and yet
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J6hdpimn,comment-id=00670000,timestamp=2019-01-10T13:34:54.381+0000) > > i dunno riot might be using him to attract women and woke overwatch players to the game > > he looks like hed be a "hot badboy" archetype in a bad young adult novel or tv adaptation > > more and more women are getting into games, and mobas dont want to miss out on the growing market force > > so the truth is actually more horrifying > > if you hate sylas you hate the free market and are a sjw tumblrite We already have a lot of "hot badboys" in League tho.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J6hdpimn,comment-id=006700000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T13:43:20.171+0000) > > We already have a lot of "hot badboys" in League tho. how many of them are woke ~~or associated with the champion with most women players~~
: I've been reading over this thread and see many people only looking at this issue at a very superficial level so I'm going to post here what I posted in a similar thread. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h1PEULya,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2019-01-10T02:31:08.811+0000) > > Silly OP... > > Objectification is a bigger deal for women than men because we live in a patriarchy. Women don't really get an actual say into whether or not a gender is objectified or not, and Kai'sa is proof enough of this. Riot cared enough about the outrage regarding Lux's original objectified design to change it. We, sadly, cannot say the same for Kai'sa despite Riot apologizing openly and publicly about how terrible it is. > > That being said, as a privileged cisgendered heterosexual male myself, I say both Kai'sa and Sylas are in dire need of shirts. > [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h1PEULya,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2019-01-10T05:01:34.048+0000) > > 1. If you live in a first world country, you DO NOT live in a patriarchal society. > > 2. Objectification isn't a single sided issue. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h1PEULya,comment-id=001a00000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T06:16:46.763+0000) > > 1. Wrong. > Read some feminist literature about it. > > 2. Agreed. > Which is why I say both Kai'sa and Sylas need shirts. However, let's not pretend like the objectification of men is for women. It's also for men. Women have little to no say at all. > > Men like seeing scantily clad women and self-insert as the overly muscular ripped or no-shirt men. It's called the male power fantasy. Whether you agree with objectification or not, you cannot deny that it exclusively MEN that are making these decisions and these men are making these decisions to appeal to OTHER MEN. Afterall, most MOBA players (90%) are men. It only makes sense to cater to them. https://quanticfoundry.com/2017/01/19/female-gamers-by-genre/ There is a very good and clear reason there are no males who are unironiclly upset at how objectified men are than females who are unironiclly upset that women are. And if you like when males and females are objectified, THAT'S FINE! Just acknowledge and respect that some people don't. Thank you for reading my post and I'd love to respond to any well thought out, and I repeat ONLY well thought out, replies.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J6hdpimn,comment-id=0067,timestamp=2019-01-10T13:08:55.408+0000) > > I've been reading over this thread and see many people only looking at this issue at a very superficial level so I'm going to post here what I posted in a similar thread. > > Whether you agree with objectification or not, you cannot deny that it exclusively MEN that are making these decisions and these men are making these decisions to appeal to OTHER MEN. Afterall, most MOBA players (90%) are men. It only makes sense to cater to them. > https://quanticfoundry.com/2017/01/19/female-gamers-by-genre/ > > There is a very good and clear reason there are no males who are unironiclly upset at how objectified men are than females who are unironiclly upset that women are. > > Thank you for reading my post and I'd love to respond to any well thought out, and I repeat ONLY well thought out, replies. i dunno riot might be using him to attract women and woke overwatch players to the game he looks like hed be a "hot badboy" archetype in a bad young adult novel or tv adaptation more and more women are getting into games, and mobas dont want to miss out on the growing market force so the truth is actually more horrifying if you hate sylas you hate the free market and are a sjw tumblrite
Rioter Comments
Slythion (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xe1EHZNe,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-22T15:30:16.528+0000) > > shes a magic chamelion shapeshifting furry and your concern is the ✨ realism ✨ of her reproducing? No like I said, *I* don't care and am not super invested in it. I do sympathize with those who are concerned with logical consistency, like if Leona started using moon powers and if Kha+Rengar became best buds then I'm sure there would be backlash. I really don't need your passive aggressive comments though, thanks for *your* concern
a lot of what i say sounds way ruder than what i intend sorry
Slythion (NA)
: Neekooooooooooooo
shes a magic chamelion shapeshifting furry and your concern is the ✨ realism ✨ of her reproducing?
Barcid (NA)
: Ready for another gay-bashing on Neeko?
this thread is a dumpster fire neeko cant be a lesbian because she """should"" be something else you just hate lesbians lol
: > [{quoted}](name=Bulletproof Car,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FaemarLR,comment-id=0000000000030000,timestamp=2018-11-22T02:32:38.317+0000) > > im referin to in generaland that they are degrading anyone who does not agree with them And you're degrading anyone who doesn't agree with you. It's crazy how both sides do the exact same thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Hella Gay Nerd,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FaemarLR,comment-id=00000000000300000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T02:36:19.827+0000) > > It's crazy how both sides do the exact same thing. both sides? when has a gay shot up a straight club
: > [{quoted}](name=resumed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FaemarLR,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2018-11-22T01:35:14.430+0000) > > spark the homophobes and make them leave league, the trash takes itself out > > what's the issue? {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} If I had a dollar for every time "homophobic" was misused in the past 72 hours, I would be at least $100 richer. In short, your misuse (deliberate or out of ignorance) only serves to further the problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FaemarLR,comment-id=0000000100010000,timestamp=2018-11-22T02:26:24.246+0000) > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} > > If I had a dollar for every time "homophobic" was misused in the past 72 hours, I would be at least $100 richer. > > In short, your misuse (deliberate or out of ignorance) only serves to further the problem. lol mad
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FaemarLR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-22T00:10:46.130+0000) > > Alternatively: > > The "controversy" is only started by dumbasses, and we have zero reason to try to appease them. It doesn't fucking matter whether she's gay or straight or bi or whatever it is she wants to fuck. **It doesn't fucking matter**. > > And, as it doesn't matter, Riot can make it whatever the fuck they want, and you really don't get to complain as long as it makes some kind of sense (so they couldn't make Xayah lesbian, but that's about the only exception). Except those dumbasses went crazy BECAUSE said Rioter decided it was important for everyone to know she was Lesbian. Riot is very much to blame for sparking everyone. Everyone else is to blame for spreading it like wildfire.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FaemarLR,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-11-22T01:09:12.129+0000) > > Except those dumbasses went crazy BECAUSE said Rioter decided it was important for everyone to know she was Lesbian. > > Riot is very much to blame for sparking everyone. Everyone else is to blame for spreading it like wildfire. spark the homophobes and make them leave league, the trash takes itself out what's the issue?
: As an Ivern main, people have no fucking idea how this champion works.
i hate it when they dont take the buffs i procure specifically for them
: Snowday Soraka's icon should look more like Soraka
your edit looks a lot better, especially with the eyes and chin
Show more

resumed

Level 128 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion