: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sOQwLMkB,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2019-05-25T14:25:47.882+0000) > > Yes, I'm sure girls are lining up to play video games as female characters that are straight up ugly with no ability to do anything beyond exist. I believe they are queueing up to play as compelling characters who have realistic body proportions and aren't judged entirely by how they look :) If you interacted with more than 0 women then I think you'd know that.
Yes, because I obviously look exactly like Darius, Garen, Braum, Taric, Kratos, Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Agent 47, or any of the dozen other outrageously buff males that are dominant in the gaming industry. Clearly, male gamers want character that look just like them, and that's why the next protagonist in God of War is actually going to be an overweight neckbeard living in his mother's basement. Video games aren't about "realistic proportions." They're fantasy escapism. The men are outrageously buff because guys like being outrageously buff. Women tend to be unbelievably beautiful because women like being considered beautiful.
: right time and place for sexy characters. not Male spaces. Please don't twist my words like that. Just because something is male dominant, does not make a male space. Thats like someone who is immature saying oh you are a girl you can't play videogames that videogames is a male dominated hobby. Thats not true anymore. Bro culture has been identified to include sexual harrassment. You said males being males is not mysandric. Males engaging in touching or sexual verbal statments is not males being males or male behavior. Not all stereotypes are bad. But you literally did stereotype women and men. You just said Women have tea parties and sleepovers. > [{quoted}](name=ChaddyFantome,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=sOQwLMkB,comment-id=000300000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-25T00:55:40.178+0000) > No one is policing women gossiping about men (and other women) at their sleep overs and tea parties..... > > What you think all women after work just go home and gather their female friends to gossip and drink tea? seriously? And you think all men want to look at sexy characters in a videogame because this is also typical male behavior? Thats stereotyping and harmful. I'm kinda done with this topic now.
You do know people who play video games are overwhelmingly male, right? That, right there, makes it sound like it's ALREADY a "male space."
Kai Guy (NA)
: {{item:3174}} > {{item:3504}} {{item:3107}} . Mark my words. Don't take the boards to seriously first week of a release. Some Players literally complained that {{champion:157}} was underpowered on release. Most of the season people considered {{champion:267}} a low tier pick. Hell I still get flack for playing {{champion:432}} . There are a lot of cookie cutter players who don't realize the error of never adapting builds or playstyles. its like a formula. Look at some folks games and you see the patterns. AD Assassin = rush {{item:3147}} . Enchanter = {{item:3504}} ADC = {{item:3031}} Mage = {{item:3285}} . If champions don't preform well its not the item or runes the player used. its just a "shit champion". Very little considerations given to the kits needed and adjustments almost never made per game. Ever lost because no one picked up {{item:3123}} {{item:3165}} in a game the enemy has 2 outta 3 for {{champion:36}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:19}} ?
> If champions don't preform well I think you mean "_perform _ well."
Haze97 (EUW)
: Now watch American players gloat over winning one match while they've been getting their asses wooped by Asian teams for eternity.
Cleveland Browns fans were ecstatic about going 7-8-1 last year. They ALMOST had a winning season. I imagine it's something similar.
: I have been asking for an ult revert on zac constantly on the forums since it got reworked. I have seen a lot of other people asking for the same thing and no one ever asking for a skarner revert lol
Of course not. Zac's change was a lot more recent than Skarner's, wasn't it?
: I hate {{champion:145}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:111}} I love {{champion:21}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:99}}
Heh... I think I had an ARAM game earlier with Blitz and Thresh on the same team. That was fun
: death recap will never be worked on riot has other things to worry about like new lux, annie, and ezreal skins
Are the skins people the same people who would work on a new death recap?
: The key there is *separate* games. Balance updates to Heroes of the Storm don't effect the balance of characters in Overwatch, Diablo, Warcraft, or Starcraft, or vice versa. They're all isolated games where different stats and abilities are acceptable. League of Legends is one game, and you expect the champions to behave the same in different modes, *including* Featured Game Modes. Could you imagine if Nasus didn't have his Q on a featured game mode because it was unbalanced? Blizzard can do that with their games, Riot can't.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2MxWbwhs,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-25T20:22:07.568+0000) > > The key there is *separate* games. > > Balance updates to Heroes of the Storm don't effect the balance of characters in Overwatch, Diablo, Warcraft, or Starcraft, or vice versa. They're all isolated games where different stats and abilities are acceptable. > > League of Legends is one game, and you expect the champions to behave the same in different modes, *including* Featured Game Modes. Could you imagine if Nasus didn't have his Q on a featured game mode because it was unbalanced? Blizzard can do that with their games, Riot can't. *Cough cough* Smite's 6 modes (Arena, Assault, Conquest, Joust, Clash, and Siege) and a rotating mode of the **day** *cough cough*
: > [{quoted}](name=S0kaX,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wBAiZs5d,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-20T18:58:58.890+0000) > > {{champion:41}} laughing in the distance The best part is, I can literally imagine that 'YA HA HA HARRRR' in my head.
Lakega (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8eF9jqg3,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-06-21T13:49:32.354+0000) > > I recall them saying they thought this was better so they designed the client and system like this and to change it would be a looooot of work because the backend isnt that simple. > > Annoys the fuck outta me too. If this is true, this is a whole new level of incompetence, especially for Riot who has virtually unlimited money to hire the best of the best programmers, who did they hire? Some wannabe beginner programmer straight out of high school?
They don't have virtually unlimited money. They aren't Bill Gates or one of those Saudi oil tycoons that casually buys several islands at a time, they're a company. People have to be paid, servers have to be upkept, money has to go to R&D for new champion and skin designs. Hell, they might even offer scholarships or donate some of their funds to charity. The point is, they have a lot of money coming in, yes, but not all of it is available to, say, pull a programmer away from EA, Bethesda, 2K, and some of the other gaming companies out there. Not when those companies might have _more_ money. It should definitely be fixed though. It's annoying beyond all belief.
: no, that would mean that a team with 3+ tanks will be way stronger, and we got League of Tanks again.
And? Each team will have tanks, protecting the squishies, who will do consistent damage to the tanks, killing them. It sound like exactly what should happen to me. Also, I can not see the majority of this seemingly kill-focused community obsessed with assassins and flashy plays deciding to consistently play "boring" tanks.
: The similarities is striking
Similarities *are* striking. You've got a plural noun and it requires a plural verb.
: no, it would make tanks and sustain fighters op and make every fight against a fed tank feel like it's pointless anyway
Isn't that kinda the point? That the tanks are people who need multiple enemies to take down? That if you don't take them down, they might (eventually) kill one of your team?
: > [{quoted}](name=Wolf and Gun,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xbT1E4QH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-14T05:02:43.900+0000) > > Dude, you're Ezreal. > > How did you not blink away? I flashed, he followed me. And abilities have cooldowns. And the champion wasn't the point. Equal in level with Pyke, his ult does over 1/3 max hp in true damage. It does almost half max HP at rank 2.
It's an execute. They always have inflated damage numbers because... you know, execute. I once mitigated 9,000,000 damage as a Kled who got executed by an Urgot. That doesn't mean Urgot does 9,000,000 damage with his ult.
: You can't disagree with Faker's thoughts on matchmaking
Fuck you I can't! I'm so disagreeable, I disagree with everything!
: I've been playing Ziggs/Nami bot and climbed a tier and a half in a few hours. I think we lost 2 games total, winning 6 in a row at one point. I really don't think the issue is ADCs being weak, more that mages are stronger early and can bully them out of lane. With a duo mage botlane, all it takes is 1 snare to get a kill.
6 wins in a row... no, I don't think that computes.
: Why not give Ohmwrecker an effect on allied towers?
Smite had an armor (it's been awhile since I played) that had Health and Physical Protections similar to it's companions, but it's special ability was to buff ally tower's firing speed by 30% and reduce the enemy tower's firing speed by 30%. Something like that would not be out of place in League.
P00PD1CK (EUW)
: You can't just treat the whole year like it's the preseason - you need to take more time to balance.
I actually saw an article from some gaming magazine that quoted Meddler (I think) as saying they were going to go back to their old system of patches. Dunno if it's true.
: https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/58517476/i-will-find-you-and-you-will-have-my-babies.jpg {{champion:131}} ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
: I demand slutty armor for everyone in league of legends (except Amumu, Annie, Zoe. Lulu, and Nunu)!
So does that mean Willump (the yeti Nunu rides), Blitz, Orianna, Bristles (I think that's the name of Sej's boar), Kalista, Brand, and the other non-human champions (Bard, Anivia, Aurelion Sol, etc) will get slutty armor? What does a pig's slutty armor look like? (And no, if you find any picture of what slutty boar armor looks like, do NOT link it to me. PLS and thank you)
: @RiotRepetoir Spear Of Shoji Shouldn't go live and here's why and the problems i can see with it.
Dear lord... I already hate assassins enough as is, do I really want to see what could happen if they could have 200% damage reduction?
: Can someone explain to me how "smurfing" is actually fun?
I can see it as a sort of psychotic therapy where, after having a nasty game where you had three assassins camping you the whole time, you need time to de-stress and not feel like you're the worst player on the face of the Earth. So you go to your lower ranked account, and feel better about yourself because you no longer have an 0/458/3 KDA after the last game.
: They stole Pyke's name from Critical Role. Unoriginal jackarses these Rioters.... Pyre? Pyte? Pyle? P.J.? Pylja? Pilka? Pyl? Pyrt? Pyer? Do you see how effing easy this is, Riot???? Could you not have put five more seconds of effort into naming this guy? You might as well sex change him and hire Ashley Johnson for the voice. HELL, you even stole Pyke the cleric's backstory of being a sailor and combined it with coming back from the dead. WTF you copycats! I would be content if you literally took the E out of his name just to make it Pyk. Even that SLIGHT change would be JUST enough to quell my rage at this flagrant lazy travesty.
Nah, dude, they just took the name of a fish and changed it a bit for _style_. You see, that one ACTUALLY makes sense, because he was drowned.
Strigina (EUNE)
: Someone can accuse you of witchcraft in Demacia, go to Ionia instead.
Just because they CAN accuse you, doesn't mean that it WILL happen. Not so long as you don't try a chemistry experiment that they confuse with alchemy
: Damn he really kills the hell out of him huh? Like his eyes shoot flames and his face fuckin explodes. How did I not notice how brutal that was... Huh.
It's what happens when you're basically eyeballs, a brain, a heart, lungs, and nothing else. I think there was supposed to be some sort of fluid gel thing that protected these organs, but, well, it appears to have been flammable.
: How did Grievous lose when he had the high ground?
We can say Grievous lost because Kenobi had a gun (which shoots equally well from the high or low ground). Maul, on the other hand....
Merlinez (NA)
: Can we like stop indirectly buffing Zed?
: i'm actually the narrative lead for skins. my first job at riot was "regional ambassador to creative writing," but that team was folded into the various regional offices soon after i was hired. now nobody else in the company has the ambassador boards tag. i'm the last holdout. nobody can stop me (dear red name team, please do not read this and/or stop me)
: TFW you work hard on a post but it doesn't get any comments
It seems that people do not know that you should not comment on a post where the poster is bemoaning the lack of comments on his/her posts.
: So while visiting Australia, I realized I couldn't play league. So I tried to play DOTA2 instead.
I have a bunch of friends who started on Dota 2, popped over to League with myself (the MOBA I started on), jumped over to Smite, and still occasionally play Dota (though they've stopped playing League and Smite, as those are "shit"). They tried to get me to play Dota. Sure, why not? It's free and I'm up for anything. They played in custom bot games (because they liked shenanigans over complex strategy). Unfortunately, they turned the enemy bots to medium. Medium Bot Riki (Perma-invisble {{champion:35}}) and Medium Bot Pudge ({{champion:6}} plus {{champion:53}}.... sort of) were unkillable monsters. Turn rate, couriers, teleportation scrolls, trees, bounty runes, and shrines... all of it added up to a bunch of misery while my friends were hooting, laughing, and cheering each other on. Especially since I was new and died a lot, which meant I spent a lot of time waiting to do... anything while my friends were having the time of their lives. Even once I started getting the hang of Dragon Knight (that was about the only hero I played), I still wasn't having fun. So I stopped playing.
: While I agree that they should have chosen another champ to get a Pulsefire skin, Camille is not a good candidate. Her base skin already makes her a pretty scify cyborg and her only skin she has is Program, another technology based skin. It would be redundant. What Camille needs as a next skin is something with a different thematic. For example, something magical. Like a Bloodmoon or Elderwood skin (just examples).
I think Peg Leg Camille creates itself.
: PSA to ADCs from a support main
Clearly, you should have played Ganesh from Smite, who automatically donates his kill to the nearest player. I don't know how you'd play a god from Smite in League, but that's what you should have done.
: we legit get these same posts all the time, we dont need more PSA's for autofill ADCs.
You'd think not, but yet, we still see ADCs do this.
Wygol (EUW)
: It's an eggcellent tip.
Zepper (NA)
: MILF SPRAYS UNDERAGED CHILD IN THEIR OWN HOUSE
: " You know your game became popular BECAUSE of the length, right? And if someone DIDN'T want to play a longer game mode, that's what Dominion and ARAM are for...." According to there past surveys... the ideal time is around 35-40 min. Just because you personally want games to be longer, doesn't mean the overall community does.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazFight ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pREEfFx2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-28T23:53:05.947+0000) > > " You know your game became popular BECAUSE of the length, right? And if someone DIDN'T want to play a longer game mode, that's what Dominion and ARAM are for...." > > According to there past surveys... the ideal time is around 35-40 min. Just because you personally want games to be longer, doesn't mean the overall community does. The survey was asking about games over 30 minutes being too long.
Rioter Comments
: I'll be ambiguous on religion as the religions of League aren't my forte, but I do like the paladin angle, so that's what I'm... well, angling for. Particularly, I like the barbarian paladin concept. ----- # The kit I see for your champion looks a bit like... **[RESOURCE]** Mana. **[PASSIVE: Bloody Conviction]** As you take damage, your Tenacity increases. You gain +10% Tenacity at 75% Health, +20% Tenacity at 50% Health, and +40% Tenacity at 25% Health. Your maximum total Tenacity from Bloody Conviction is limited to 80%. **[Q: Dirk and Targe / Claymore]** (Mana: None) (Cooldown: 6s) Switch between a dirk and targe or a claymore, altering both your basic attacks and your other three abilities. * **Dirk and Targe:** Your attack speed is increased by 15/20/25/30/35%, and you take 10/15/20/25/30% reduced damage from ranged basic attacks. * **Claymore:** Your basic attacks cleave your target's defenses, reducing Armor by 3 per swing. Stacks up to 3/4/5/6/7 times. **[DIRK AND TARGE W: Cloaked Strike]** (Mana: 40/45/50/55/60) (Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10s) Charge forward along the path of a skillshot, shield raised. While charging, reduce all incoming damage from the front by 30/40/50/60/70%. If you collide with an enemy champion or jungle monster, you stop immediately and stab them for a moderate amount of true damage. _Cloaked Strike's damage reduction replaces the passive ranged attack reduction from Dirk and Targe while in effect._ **[DIRK AND TARGE E: Warrior's Retort]** (Mana: 70/75/80/85/90) (Cooldown: 15s) Become immobile, raising your shield for up to 3 seconds. You become immune to displacement and ranged basic attacks from the front during this time, and take 50% reduced damage from melee attacks. If hit with a melee attack, immediately stop channeling and unleash a counter thrust that stuns the target for 1 second and bleeds them for magic damage over 4 seconds, scaling with AD. If not hit with a melee attack, release a wave of energy that heals nearby allies at the end of the channel, scaling with your bonus Health. You also heal for half the amount. **[DIRK AND TARGE R: Interpose]** (Mana: 90) (Cooldown: 180s/140s/90s) Target an ally within a large radius and sprint to them with +20% movement speed, ignoring collision. Upon arrival, unleash a shout that stuns enemies within a moderate radius for 1.5 seconds and heals your targeted ally for a large amount based on your bonus health. For the next 5 seconds, so long as you remain close to your ally, all single-target damage directed at them instead goes to you, using your resistances. ---- **[CLAYMORE W: Mighty Cleave]** (Mana: 30/35/40/45/50) (Cooldown: 14s/13s/12s/11s/10s) Swing your sword in a short 180 degree arc in front of you, dealing physical damage to all enemies in the radius while knocking them back a short distance. Triggers on-hit effects on all enemies. **[CLAYMORE E: Pommel Strike]** (Mana: 45/55/65/75/85) (Cooldown: 15s) Your next basic attack deals bonus damage based on your AD and stuns the target for 2.5 seconds. **[CLAYMORE R: Behead Evil]** (Mana: 150) (Cooldown: 250s/230s/210s) Target an enemy within a moderate radius and call them out, channeling. After 2 seconds, charge across any distance to that enemy and swing your sword, dealing 250% of your basic attack damage plus another 100/150/200 physical damage for each takedown that enemy has gained since the last time Behead Evil was used on them. _Assists are divided by 5 for this calculation._
Nice. That's a kind of character I'd play. He'd probably be a nightmare to code though. Immune to displacements. form swapper with two separate ultimates... I don't think the programmers and coders would like you very much after you suggested this champion. Doesn't matter, as _I_ like it. I'm totally okay with you dropping the religious bit for the abilities here, as it served mainly so you knew he was, actually, a paladin. It could stay in the lore.
: Community Lore Survey: If you were a champion...
I have a feeling that if I join this create a character madness, it'd be boring, but, well, here goes (this might take a while, so, once I think through just what I'd want my character to be, I'll leave a TL:DR at the end). Given my life so far, likely to be a nomad (I've lived in 5 states and over a dozen cities). Tied to a big name religion pretty strongly (NOT the Glorious Evolution. Accented scientists who like to remove limbs and "remove human weaknesses" are always evil. Hollywood has told me so), as my father is one of the, uh, priests of said religion (even if, right now, he's a teacher and not a preacher). Like Ezreal, I can be smart, but haven't always lived up to it. I've enjoyed learning about my Scottish ancestors, so give me a kilt and accent to match. Sticking to the Highland theme, maybe a claymore and a targe, with a dirk as a backup/alternate. I do not shout "There can be only one" while beheading people though. That's a different franchise. So, belief in a religion (associated with mages, typically), weapons (warrior), and nomad (often a thief, or at least rumored to be) all add up to what, exactly? A Paladin? A Barbarian Paladin (because the Romans thought the Picts were Barbarians)? Friendly with? Uh, the not evil champions? He started off as a nomad, so he isn't apart of the Everyone Hates Noxus Club (though he might smite some Noxians if he gets the chance, especially the Undead Juggernaut). Bilgewater is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, Zaun full of evil scientists, Piltover has plenty of corruption, and I'm unsure of the other regions. Oh, wait, the Void... yeah, that's undeniably alien and needs to be destroyed. He'd probably like Demacia though. He finds himself agreeing with a lot of their ideas and principles, but maybe not their execution (as something might well exist on paper that doesn't exist in practice). He certainly would not care for their treatment of mages, as magic is likely considered a gift from whatever god this fellow follows in this particular universe. TLDR: A male, sword and shield wielding, tartan wearing wandering barbarian Paladin who serves his god faithfully and is an ally to good and a nightmare to you (err... well, evil, I guess) who has no particular quarrel with any of the nation/city-states on the continent, and seeks to root out evil and behead it. Any Void creatures he comes across also get beheaded. Got anything for that?
: Do I cease to be British just because I live in California? ;-) My accent suggests otherwise...
Depends on how much you say "Dude" and how you spell "favourite."
Ztoka (NA)
: better be careful there.. as we learned from urf, if a game mode is so much fun, it makes you play the normal game less, you will lose said fun game mode to "protect" the rest of the game...
Really? Smite has at least 6 game modes plus the daily challenge. They seem to have a stable community. Perhaps Rito should take their lesson from there.
FilDaFunk (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=ZWvAledu,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-23T21:25:40.855+0000) > > *proceeds to realize they're a god and build full AP* FTFY both
Did the same thing before I noticed your comment.
: 16 champs that have gone over 1000 days w/o a new skin
: lmfao, get dead man's, predator, and his w going on someone and then you're sonic
Should you do all that, but for {{champion:120}}?
: I don't think so. The stuff that dragged Nautilus under was just an unknown, HUGE area of blackness in the seas near Bilgewater, we don't know anything about it's form or it's state, or even if it's sentient. We can only assume it's some kind eldritch darkness that occupies the seas. I highly doubt a Lovecraftian darkness in the oceans would be the next support.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0Hc6uVEA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-19T21:31:54.436+0000) > > I don't think so. The stuff that dragged Nautilus under was just an unknown, HUGE area of blackness in the seas near Bilgewater, we don't know anything about it's form or it's state, or even if it's sentient. We can only assume it's some kind eldritch darkness that occupies the seas. I highly doubt a Lovecraftian darkness in the oceans would be the next support. Who knows? Maybe it's Illaoi's god and it just spawns tentacles to drag people under
dimiondo (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vFcWt5OL,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-20T00:45:02.187+0000) > > They never said he was going to be talking a lot. I think you’re taking that quote way out of context. All they said was that he’s getting a new VO. You seem to be jumping to conclusions here. I don't want a new VO for a champ that already has a great one, and certainly dont want his calm demeanour changed because riot wants to make him discount rhaast where he shittalks everyone for no reason like this quote seems to imply.
> [{quoted}](name=dimiondo,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vFcWt5OL,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-04-20T00:54:19.573+0000) > > I don't want a new VO for a champ that already has a great one, and certainly dont want his calm demeanour changed because riot wants to make him discount rhaast where he shittalks everyone for no reason like this quote seems to imply. You realize it's probably going to be something like *Kills Malphite* "Guess you weren't so rock solid after all." He's not going to be quoting "To Be or Not to Be"
Bultz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kIyzn0vF,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-04-19T18:55:49.963+0000) > > Hmm it means by the supports own hands, not by the enemies own hands Hmmm did we really need another water themed support? {{champion:267}} Kind of fills that role. {{champion:111}} too i guess. Seems like a wasted chance.
There are 140 champions now. There's bound to be some overlap
: What... What did you do to Malzahar?
Who knew that giving him a passive where he occasionally has 99% damage resistance and ignores CC would break him? Oh, wait, LITERALLY EVERYONE ON THE PLANET!
: and also he was broken in high elo for invalidating people with R.
Yeah, but that's his shtick. You'd think pro players would know how to deal with it. It hasn't exactly changed all that much since he was first introduced.
Show more

revliledpembroke

Level 63 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion