Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: How do you fight Riven?
: > [{quoted}](name=royal Joker 1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tJfG7m8J,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-05-09T00:11:05.388+0000) > > I think we can agree that Xayah is op. I thought it might be just me so I looked her up on a korean league community site (couldn't find much on the NA board), and the general consensus is so. Plus we know what Riot does when they release champions. I don't think so, and I don't think I'm an extreme minority either. There are a lot of threads that went either way. > So thinking about how Xayah will get nerfed in the future... I think her stun has to go. That, or, her numbers will get gutted. I don't think people want her numbers gutted. She just has too much in her kit. Damage scales well, which is nice, she also has attack speed boost, base is good, etc. all okay for an ADC. She doesn't have a stun. If she had a stun I'd be on board. What she has is a root, which is much weaker. The root is also kind of core to her playstyle as a kite adc. If she doesn't have the root, all she has is the MS boost which is mediocre, short lasting, and just as good for chasing as it is for kiting. The root on the other hand is hard to execute while chasing because your target is running away from your feathers. Her numbers I think should be tweaked before removing something that defines her playstyle and gives defined scenarios where she is strong (kiting) and when she is weak ( chasing). > I don't have a problem with her ridiculous burst damage because it is conditional albeit too strong. I don't have a problem with her being able to pierce enemies on auto attacks because you can avoid being hit. I think it is a little too good to be a passive. I don't have a problem with her jump because she doesn't have a mobility skill. Untargetable for an ADC is really pushing it but I am okay with this. The burst damage only is insane if you stand in it. You absolutely know its coming when its reaching insane damage levels because it requires a lot of feathers. Tristana has a similar passive on her E to show you that it can be balanced. It also can be a hindrance when farming under turret like Tristana's E passive is. > I do have a problem with however her aoe stun. She has everything else above par and then... the stun. Her kit allows her to do aoe damage, burst, then stun for 1 second while she becomes untargetable. The stun and untargetable are separate skills... so she can use them separately to survive almost anything. Again, not a stun. A stun is much more powerful. Getting it to be AOE also requires a huge amount of feathers or her targets to all be in a line as well. It has some pretty solid counterplay to it built in. > I think another approach might be to address her zoning capacity. Not being able to stand in between her and feathers is okay but when you do, you get penalized by getting damaged, stunned, and whatever follows. Also, the feathers end up going everywhere. Riot might make the feathers only last for 2-3 seconds, which will essentially limit the amount of feathers Xayah can have on the field. That might be good too. A part of the problem is that Xayah can just leave the feathers without choosing to trigger E, and by doing so continue to zone the enemy team for good 6 seconds... per feather. So you're complaining about the fact that if she makes you stand exactly where she wants you to you get penalized? I'm not sure thats a bad thing. If the feathers are going everywhere, then on the pullback unless you're point blank in her face not many are going to hit you, so the damage is minimized. That also means that you have had a LONG time to either kill her or pull out if she has that many feathers down. The feathers are a very small zone, especially if they're all bunched up (to do the most damage). Simply avoid that area and maybe pounce on her from a flank now that her feather laying tools are down. > Personally I think it was a terrible idea to create an ADC who can "counter" assassins. I am legitimately not sure how to kill her unless someone sacrifices himself to force out R and stun. ADCs die from assassinations, bad positioning, or not having team support. If she is going to keep her counter mechanism against assassins then something has to go. Right now she's the one zoning the enemies. She's allowed to freely do damage in teamfights because she can stun or R when in danger. Wtf. I don't know if she "counters" assassins necessarily. Assassins can just jump on her then wait until she ults because Xayah has to predict their burst. If she uses it immediately, they just get her when she comes down. If she doesn't thinking the assassin is trying to bait it out, Xayah gets killed instantly by the burst. It definitely is an interesting mechanic though that does help her vs assassins. You kill her by either surprising her with CC, or having a champion with sticking power (Like Riven) just keep going at her. Especially if they have tools to dodge the root (Riven). If she has bad positioning, she is still dying. > I am not saying she doesn't have a weakness. I think she's pretty easy to kill before 6 by ganks. But it's too small of a window of opportunity for the enemy team, considering the overall. The main weakness you're ignoring is her total inability to assert herself. She can kite extremely well, but she can't chase at all. That, and her weak early game are her main weaknesses. > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} > > PS: I secretly hope she gets gutted. I really hate untargetable champions and the only one I accept is Fizz. He is a melee assassin who needs it for an all in or escape. That might be a bad thing to include if you want serious discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=Bambei,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tJfG7m8J,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-05-09T01:22:33.395+0000) > > I don't think so, and I don't think I'm an extreme minority either. There are a lot of threads that went either way. > > She doesn't have a stun. If she had a stun I'd be on board. What she has is a root, which is much weaker. The root is also kind of core to her playstyle as a kite adc. If she doesn't have the root, all she has is the MS boost which is mediocre, short lasting, and just as good for chasing as it is for kiting. The root on the other hand is hard to execute while chasing because your target is running away from your feathers. Her numbers I think should be tweaked before removing something that defines her playstyle and gives defined scenarios where she is strong (kiting) and when she is weak ( chasing). > > The burst damage only is insane if you stand in it. You absolutely know its coming when its reaching insane damage levels because it requires a lot of feathers. Tristana has a similar passive on her E to show you that it can be balanced. It also can be a hindrance when farming under turret like Tristana's E passive is. > > Again, not a stun. A stun is much more powerful. Getting it to be AOE also requires a huge amount of feathers or her targets to all be in a line as well. It has some pretty solid counterplay to it built in. > > So you're complaining about the fact that if she makes you stand exactly where she wants you to you get penalized? I'm not sure thats a bad thing. If the feathers are going everywhere, then on the pullback unless you're point blank in her face not many are going to hit you, so the damage is minimized. That also means that you have had a LONG time to either kill her or pull out if she has that many feathers down. The feathers are a very small zone, especially if they're all bunched up (to do the most damage). Simply avoid that area and maybe pounce on her from a flank now that her feather laying tools are down. > > I don't know if she "counters" assassins necessarily. Assassins can just jump on her then wait until she ults because Xayah has to predict their burst. If she uses it immediately, they just get her when she comes down. If she doesn't thinking the assassin is trying to bait it out, Xayah gets killed instantly by the burst. It definitely is an interesting mechanic though that does help her vs assassins. > > You kill her by either surprising her with CC, or having a champion with sticking power (Like Riven) just keep going at her. Especially if they have tools to dodge the root (Riven). If she has bad positioning, she is still dying. > > The main weakness you're ignoring is her total inability to assert herself. She can kite extremely well, but she can't chase at all. That, and her weak early game are her main weaknesses. > > That might be a bad thing to include if you want serious discussion. I read your first line and didn't bother with the rest.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:420}} "guy" {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=The Last Ballad,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vazXpnTy,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-04-29T19:07:46.342+0000) > > {{champion:420}} > > "guy" > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.
: I disagree.
> [{quoted}](name=Alotopatomus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KX3e7KlQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-04-29T22:44:42.273+0000) > > I disagree. But you don't matter
: I really appreciate the variety of hook champions :)
{{champion:420}} This guy hooks souls {{champion:122}} He got the short end of the stick
Sarutobi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=royal Joker 1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KX3e7KlQ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-04-29T09:26:35.435+0000) > > To eternity? 6 months? Then whats going to happen if the afk/disconnection wasnt your fault. Riot isnt known for having a good client (hence why they are redoing it) and even still people are still having trouble with the new client. If you get bugsplat error, or some reason cannot reconnect and it isnt your fault, do you think that person should be permaban on the 3 strikes? By your logic someone can have great connection with the game, and just so happen to leave a game in say January, have a bugsplat error in July, then in December have a random disconnect and since that is his 3rd strike he should be permaban!
> [{quoted}](name=Sarutobi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KX3e7KlQ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-04-29T11:19:59.826+0000) > > Then whats going to happen if the afk/disconnection wasnt your fault. Riot isnt known for having a good client (hence why they are redoing it) and even still people are still having trouble with the new client. If you get bugsplat error, or some reason cannot reconnect and it isnt your fault, do you think that person should be permaban on the 3 strikes? By your logic someone can have great connection with the game, and just so happen to leave a game in say January, have a bugsplat error in July, then in December have a random disconnect and since that is his 3rd strike he should be permaban! I've been playing for years and I get connection issues like once a year. And the weight can erode as you play more games like the ban system. So maybe if you play 100+ games you should be allowed to DC once. Doesn't have to be 6 months. Can be 6 months equivalent of number of games. I'm pretty sure most people don't have connection issues. Most people just quit. And I had a bugsplat last month first time in like 2 years. So no, if they "DC" 3 times a year then I say that's a perma ban!
Rioter Comments
Cocho (NA)
: I feel like a more fitting punishment would be being banned from ranked specifically, leading up to harsher things like the ones you mentioned. So if you afk in ranked, you have to play norms. Then if you afk in norms, during that time (lets say 10 games), you get another punishment, like leaver buster. Then if you afk again, 3 day ban or something. What do you think about that? I'd defiantly like harsher bans like the ones you listed, but imo it could be too harsh over time.
> [{quoted}](name=Cocho,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KX3e7KlQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-29T09:17:29.578+0000) > > I feel like a more fitting punishment would be being banned from ranked specifically, leading up to harsher things like the ones you mentioned. > > So if you afk in ranked, you have to play norms. > Then if you afk in norms, during that time (lets say 10 games), you get another punishment, like leaver buster. > Then if you afk again, 3 day ban or something. > > What do you think about that? I'd defiantly like harsher bans like the ones you listed, but imo it could be too harsh over time. They had this punishment before... I don't think that worked out. People accumulated hundreds of normal games that they had to win. And normal games went ape shit.
Sarutobi (NA)
: So how long would the strike be on your account? You claim in the 3 strikes that you shouldn't disconnect 3 times in a row. But that's assuming the strike only last that long,
> [{quoted}](name=Sarutobi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KX3e7KlQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-29T09:18:05.064+0000) > > So how long would the strike be on your account? You claim in the 3 strikes that you shouldn't disconnect 3 times in a row. But that's assuming the strike only last that long, To eternity? 6 months?
Rioter Comments
: Are you saying you can't read?
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I9ELluT0,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-28T19:53:05.429+0000) > > Are you saying you can't read? No but clearly you can't read. I'm surprised you found your way through adding letters together to type words
: > equal complexity You seem to have missed that part, or forgotten that adding two numbers takes a step for each digit.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I9ELluT0,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-28T13:27:00.662+0000) > > You seem to have missed that part, or forgotten that adding two numbers takes a step for each digit. are you saying you can't do additions?
: A process with more steps of equal complexity will inherently be slower than one with fewer steps.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I9ELluT0,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-28T13:15:58.102+0000) > > A process with more steps of equal complexity will inherently be slower than one with fewer steps. 1+1+1 vs. 3248192357+2348912322222222 What's faster? That's what I thought
: How is it faster to look them up on a website to check if they took the right mastery, then check their inventory to see if they have an item, and then do the math?
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I9ELluT0,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-28T05:37:24.514+0000) > > How is it faster to look them up on a website to check if they took the right mastery, then check their inventory to see if they have an item, and then do the math? ? just because you are slow at it doesn't mean everyone else is
Jamaree (NA)
: "Sure is fun playing against Invisible junglers."
read my post here https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/HEgNA15v-eve-is-so-fun-right-now
: Why do the math in game? Just mouse over it in the Tab menu and it'll tell you the cooldown duration for that player's Summoner Spell.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I9ELluT0,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-04-28T05:30:36.815+0000) > > Why do the math in game? Just mouse over it in the Tab menu and it'll tell you the cooldown duration for that player's Summoner Spell. it's faster
: Why is it important to track Flash CD?
it's 300 seconds minus 15% reduction from tank masteries minus 10% reduction from Ionian boots You can do a quick math in games Counting flash gets more important towards late game when the stake is not just a kill but a whole teamfight
: I can find literally 0 games on Eve from you in the past month. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
> [{quoted}](name=RenownedWheat42,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HEgNA15v,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-04-27T15:50:04.828+0000) > > I can find literally 0 games on Eve from you in the past month. Are you sure you know what you're talking about? if you have to see to believe it that's your cap
Rioter Comments
: Do you really enjoy ranked anymore ?
> Idk what to do anymore, autofill + bad matchmaking makes highly unbalanced matches and I see it everywhere. Especially diamond ++, you can't play all 5 roles on a diamond+ lvl and when you get 2 autofilled players that go against people that main that role, it's obvious you're gonna lose. Not true. You can play all 5 roles against people who main those roles. Faker can do it.
Arduno (NA)
: So how do I get rid of my tier 2 runes?
put them in a bowl of cereal and pour milk. Stir. Voila!
Rioter Comments
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=MissingKayo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oBnsrvpT,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-04-25T18:19:55.565+0000) > > Or you know, being a toxic asshat like you. yeah keep telling yourself that to your ugly face
: Don't cry when the permaban hits you.
> [{quoted}](name=MissingKayo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oBnsrvpT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-25T18:03:39.691+0000) > > Don't cry when the permaban hits you. for what being too good at this game??? Why would I get perma banned for playing 10x better than my teammates? Riot unbanned my account before because I got banned due to shitty teammates. Stop selling people horseshit. You only get banned if you are bad and feed or troll.
: Have you ever considered that since you win on a support you're actually good at it and should abuse it to rise to an elo where your team mates aren't "noobs"?
> [{quoted}](name=lilpokfluf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oBnsrvpT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-25T18:02:37.176+0000) > > Have you ever considered that since you win on a support you're actually good at it and should abuse it to rise to an elo where your team mates aren't "noobs"? I'm good at everything? And i don't want to play fucking blitzcrank 20 games in a row??? And you know what else? It makes me fucking sick that I have to help some players who legit deserve no lp gain whatsoever.
Rioter Comments
: You see he is completely outclassed by {{champion:143}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:43}} and if he doesn't snowball his lane he's basically a carry with very little CC and no items to boot. His peel puts him in direct danger and doesn't really save the ADC, he doesn't heal his ally, relies too much on scaling with items and leaves his lane vulnerable to ganks and if the enemy picked a tank support/jungler dives are very likely post 6.
> [{quoted}](name=Requiemsfire,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FduGA4yR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-18T10:54:04.745+0000) > > You see he is completely outclassed by {{champion:143}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:43}} and if he doesn't snowball his lane he's basically a carry with very little CC and no items to boot. > > His peel puts him in direct danger and doesn't really save the ADC, he doesn't heal his ally, relies too much on scaling with items and leaves his lane vulnerable to ganks and if the enemy picked a tank support/jungler dives are very likely post 6. Yeah he's outclassed in the hands of people like you. LULULULULULUL So are all other champions.
Rioter Comments
NovaDisk (NA)
: So, uh, does anyone else think Shen's going to be overpowered after the buffs?
Nothing really changes... other then being able to land E more reliably. Kennen AD still counters Shen in lane phase. Rumble is still going to beat him in lane phase. Nautilus is still going to be banned. Maybe this will make Gragas top no longer viable. That's about it.
Rioter Comments
: How would the game look if Riot balanced around low elo instead?
the game would look like your face. Is this a compliment or an insult? hue
Rioter Comments
: It drives me insane how top lane champions are
{{champion:105}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:8}} untargetable untargetable untargetable
Phelas (EUW)
: Belive it or not, yesterday i even got honored for being friendly {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=TOXIC EU JUNGLER,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EmK3KKTa,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-15T08:14:21.295+0000) > > Belive it or not, yesterday i even got honored for being friendly > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} LOL!
: _Looks at name_ _Looks at comment_ _Confusion ensues_
> [{quoted}](name=TheHappyReaperz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EmK3KKTa,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-04-15T08:08:08.560+0000) > > _Looks at name_ > > _Looks at comment_ > > _Confusion ensues_ LOL
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: What to do about massive loss streaks?
Bend over. It helps. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-tears}}
Rioter Comments
: Kennen in General
S0kaX (EUNE)
: How do you stop Nasus from stacking?
You see... there are many ways to do this. Are you ready for some protips?? **Tip number one: pull your lane** But mr. royal joker 1!!!! how do I pull my lane????? Me: see below!!! **Intentionally miss the first few minion cs** What this does it allow you to pull your lane, thus making nasus unable to farm unless he walks up to you. **Harass him** Now the poor nasus has to walk up to you to farm minions. Now is your chance! harass him! **But don't push the lane** If you harass and damage minions, you will push your lane and nasus will heal up with his Q. So don't. But how do I hit nasus without hurting the enemy minions?!?! **minion aggro** If you auto attack nasus, the enemy minions will attack you. You lose hp and push lane because enemy minions stop attacking your minions. Spells on the other hand will not draw minion aggro! Full hp nasus? use spells after he uses Q!! Combine with autoattack once in a while for thunderlords! **Stand between enemy melee and ranged minions** Start harassing at early levels! Display dominance and scare away the dog! I am too scared of ganks. What do I do??? **Buy a ward and actively plant your wards** But mr. royal joker, nasus is too tanky. What can I do about it????? **build the right items or max the right skills.** For example, Jayce can max E instead of standard Q because melee E does %hp damage, great for raping nasus every time he comes for cs! Or build botrk and harass him with %hp damage!! If nasus rushes iceborn, build lethality or arpen first!! **Nasus is freezing lane! what do I do?** Push wave and reset. Meanwhile go kill river crab, clear enemy jungle, or ward deep jungle for extra vision and gold! **Happy nasus hunting!**
Rioter Comments
: What is Ryze's problem?
Q, which is the main damage source, is not only a skillshot but also can be blocked by whatever is in front of him (minions or summons), and he has to stack E on it beforehand to do bonus damage. His kit is close range and targets 1 champion unless he spreads runes which is impossible in teamfights. Hard to land solo kills unless enemy is retarded, so whether you win or lose depends more on teammates. Need late game to do real damage Minimum 2 core ({{item:3003}} {{item:3027}}) plus boots so it's hard to choose items. His ult is good with zhonya but if he builds zhonya then he can't build something better. After nerf on E cooldown, he's can't clear waves as fast, harder to stack runes and land combos (max E now, I've tried using cdr masteries but you lose too much dmg). W nerf is meh. Outclassed by other champions.
Rioter Comments
: Your ranking system makes no sense to me
Show more

royal Joker 1

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion