Rioter Comments
: At least they're finally doing it. Aatrox has been "totally getting a rework soon" since I started playing 2 years ago
> [{quoted}](name=420 grams,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XYyo8ei9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-11T21:38:09.087+0000) > > At least they're finally doing it. Aatrox has been "totally getting a rework soon" since I started playing 2 years ago yah but id rather leave it be with kai'sa and irelia still on some bs... don't need a third one.
Rioter Comments
KZ Engel (NA)
: when he becomes a lucrative champion
> [{quoted}](name=KZ Engel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fKEi5I4c,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-07T22:32:25.032+0000) > > when he becomes a lucrative champion Yikes! but this is true...
Infernape (EUW)
: All I want is for Ekko and Zilean to have a shared skin.
> [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fKEi5I4c,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-07T22:31:18.467+0000) > > All I want is for Ekko and Zilean to have a shared skin. This would be cool and maybe they can also get a shared passive when they are near each other that allows them to back with each other? oh wait...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Gold/Plat elo is the most cancerous thing I've ever seen :)
English much? Sincerely, A Gold/Plat player
Rioter Comments
: maybe your just bad? Your MMR dropped because you keep losing games. MMR and LP are distinct in which LP dictates where your standing is on the ladder while MMR dictates the rate at which you can rise on the ladder. If you are so upset that you can't see your MMR (which is what it seems like when you are blaming the system for no apparent reason other than not having a reason to argue for), you can go OP.GG or other websites. What this comes down to is a player failing to accept that they aren't good (using macro and micro components of the game to explain the MMR system and lp system and abysmal cs rates which they fail to see). Just accept maybe your not good at the game and keep playing until you get better.
Bad? hmm maybe that is always a possibility or highly inconsistent. A self-bias would resort in a rant without any grounding. However, the game does rely on teamwork and not one player carrying the game. This is where the Gambler's Ruin comes in. A player has a finite amount of Lp and the system has infinite Lp and each game is supposed to be or be close to a 50-50 chance of a win or a lose based that everyone play at the MMR level they are assigned which no one can see for some odd reason. Not to mention there is a vanishing Lp with how the series works in the ladder if you win two in a row or three in a row you start at 0lp, but if you lose two in a row or three in a row you'd start at less then 75lp. This causes a negative trend regardless of winning or losing or a player's skill. This negative trend naturally creates a statical lean against the 50-50 chance over a season of play aka it is fraudulent. Next, your lp does not represent your skill but represents 1 part your skill and 9 parts the random sample of that specific matches mmr range which no one knows what mmr is except the concept and what it stands for. Next, having perfect cs and always making the right call would cause a player to climb only through a brute force approach to the system meaning playing a shit ton of games or a lot of games and luck with getting the team on point a large majority of the time. Now if you think I'm making some claim that I am even a plat player, you'd be mistaken. I honestly think only think I'm a mid gold player where I climbed to last season and found games to be challenging me. This is the point I wont to make I found those games to be learning experiences winning or losing. Whereas right now I find games less of learning and more of players, not understanding game basics, not listening regardless if you tell them or ping, picking into counters and blaming jungler etc. Now the issue i have is using mobalytics my averages are gold and some are even plat, none of them are silver. So I ask myself is their data wrong or is it right and if it is right then how is it that a player with gold and plat averages on cs, dmg to champions, dmg to objectives, kda, yada yada, how is that player stuck in Silver? Is he bad? maybe but if he is bad how does he have averages that are gold and plat? so naturally the next question I have is about the validity of the system. Even Riot admitted that the two divisions that have the largest spread of player skill amongst themselves were low silver players to high silver players and low diamond players to high diamond players. So this is the question if the game is truly a 50-50 chance a player with gold/plat averages should climb out of silver yes? then why do I find myself stuck in silver? Bc I'm bad? yes, I'm bad but my averages are gold/ plat so I should be a bad gold player and not a bad silver player... hence the conclusion of a fraudulent system due to Gambler's Ruin and the lack of Lp mitigation based on individual performance in games.
: If one person feeds, they feed one person (generally). This means it's still one person losing, one person winning. Stop with this fucking ***joke*** that they're somehow losing by feeding, but nobody is actually getting fed because of them. Because it's either a joke or it's a blatant lie.
Welp, I know you didn't read the post or you didn't look up the terms I used "Gambler's Ruin" not to mention how I mentioned Riot's none disclosure of MMR... this post has to do with the system in play at the macro level not the micro of individual games. However, the micro of individual games does constitute some of the issues but far less than the way the ladder works at the macro of Lp and the "MMR" of the system. But nice try at the troll bud. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
Rioter Comments
Chermorg (NA)
: 2A/B - how do you judge performance? Someone going 10/2 could have done barely anything to win the game (only KSing) whereas someone going 0/20 could've tanked 4 towers and the entire enemy team to get the victory. Further, someone could go 20/4 but lose the game because they were never grouping and helping the team, or go 0/10 but not be a big factor in the loss because the loss was actually due to losing teamfights - not lanes. The point I'm trying to make is that there is no way to use even advanced statistics to have an algorithm determine someone's performance in a game.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PpjHy7R8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-27T00:01:01.554+0000) > > 2A/B - how do you judge performance? Someone going 10/2 could have done barely anything to win the game (only KSing) whereas someone going 0/20 could've tanked 4 towers and the entire enemy team to get the victory. Further, someone could go 20/4 but lose the game because they were never grouping and helping the team, or go 0/10 but not be a big factor in the loss because the loss was actually due to losing teamfights - not lanes. > > The point I'm trying to make is that there is no way to use even advanced statistics to have an algorithm determine someone's performance in a game. I disagree, the end game stats include damage to objectives and damage taken which if taken into account the kda and the health of the player during each death a ratio could be calculated for tank efficiency (granted it would need a lot of data collected to form averages to have a baseline to compare against at each elo but totally doable). Not saying the algorithm would be simple, but I think with riots budget they could afford one mathematician/statistician to make said algorithm.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Riot can you let Teemo have shrooms late game again? 5/7.5/10 minutes based on Ult Rank?
No! Teemo should actually just be deleted as a champion...{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: ELO Hell Exists
I agree to an extent. I believe that the current ranked system does place too much stress on teammates ability to hinder other individuals' progress up the ranked ladder. Elo hell more specifically is when a player feels and sometimes actually is performing well constantly, but is losing games played well regardless. This is because the game does at all lower elos (till id say high diamond and master/challenger) express the inconsistency of terammates more so than the consistancy of the individual player. Whereas at high diamond and master/challenger the player base I think is rather on par with each other and thus the individual outplay is the greater factor in winning a game. I am not saying that there are Plat/diamond players in bronze/silver but I am saying that there are players that are in bronze that should be silver and silver players that should be gold. Not a big deal right? wrong this causes players to be playing with worse players and not being challenged and are trying to beat a "ringed" system to just games where they are playing against equally skilled opponents where they can then improve: Iron sharpens iron kinda thing. Thus I agree Elo hell is a thing but it is not the players' fault but Riots Lp loss gains strictly being determined by winning or losing that is to blame.
Rioter Comments
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Notion Z,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9jqGaV2Z,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-04-20T19:08:45.699+0000) > > Do you feel that individual skill in represented enough? For instance what if winning or losing lp was mitigated by the individual's performance? This would help those of consistent play and dampen the harm done by the randomized inconsistencies of the players he/she cannot control. It would also lessen the gains for players that got carried. Yes, i do. They cant make LP gain/loss based on performance. How would they determine performance? Based on grade? I can get S every game without contributing at all. Based on CS? KDA? All of that encourage solo play, splitpushing and fucks team oriented champions. There are also many strategies that dont get graded well but heavily contribute to win. Also if game didnt start well, why bother helping team and making any risks that could ruin my score? No. LP gain/loss MUST only be ever determined based on win/loss because only then will people be motivated to actually win.
I agree that the only way to gain LP/MMR is to win but I think that LP/MMR gain/loss should be mitigated by individual performance not solely on win rate.
Canonic (NA)
: What most people don't understand is that your understanding of the macro game, and ability to apply it and get your teammates to apply it is the biggest factor in winning. Letting yourself believe it's the troll teammates that make you lose and not yourself is the biggest cop out that everyone uses. Rarely do you actually have someone "running it down." it's the mental party or the game that makes the good players good.
Yes, macro without a doubt wins the game. But you can only control your own macro, not your teams. You can ask but people flat out don't listen or fail miserably at applying the concept. Why should a players' MMR be decided by thair teammates' randomized reliability?
: Idea for MMR system that rewards players for playing well instead of using pure win/loss ratio
I agree with this post in most of the determining factors of player performance mitigating win/loss of LP. Although I think dmg to Champions compared to average dmg to champions in the role would be better than kda. The current system punishes players heavily for the factors they cannot control.
archerno1 (EUNE)
: ALl the evidence shows that individual skill has highest factor. If it was based on RNG with teammates people wouldnt be same ranks as always with minor differences. You dont have people who were bronze and silver for few seasons suddenly in plat or diamond or plat, gold players suddenly in Bronze.
Do you feel that individual skill in represented enough? For instance what if winning or losing lp was mitigated by the individual's performance? This would help those of consistent play and dampen the harm done by the randomized inconsistencies of the players he/she cannot control. It would also lessen the gains for players that got carried.
: The balance team is not comprised of individuals who know how to balance the game.
Plz expand on your thoughts so we may have an intelligent conversation that might yield results.
Rioter Comments
: The point is that a loss is a loss. Making any sort of system that tracks stats for LP loss and gain is stupid. I could be on LeBron's team in the NBA and hold him back to a 0% win rate. Even though he is arguably one of the best basketball players ever, his personal stats would mean absolutely nothing with a 0% win rate. Luckily in LoL, you aren't stuck with the same 4 people every game. This means that you just deal with it for one game, report the offender, and move on.
Hmm, your analogy is flawed and not even apt, but I appreciate the attempt. Lebron gets drafted into the NBA (aka climbing in your analogy) based on his individual performance not the win record of his high school basketball team... So a loss is a loss but irrelevant in your analogy. It is his individual performance that matters. What you're saying is the NBA would choose not to draft Lebron based on his high school's basketball team's poor win record. Your stated point is contradicting your analogy... I understand logic is hard though.
: Nope, I'm just that bad at basketball.
So point you're making is? That I think I should be in the LCS?
: I bet I could manage a 0% win rate in the NBA too even though it is a team game.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: LF a silver duo partner for ranked
Yo! have comms, I normally use discord but can use twitch chat (curse). Add me: Notion Z
: LF Duo silver 3 ATM
in game now if still want play after all add
Rioter Comments
Ąlvin (NA)
: How do I win these type of games.
Just thinking out loud here. Theoretically speaking LP won or lost could be a share-based loss or gain potential. That is to say, the losing team loses 100LP dispersed over the five losing players. Then based on the individual performance of each individual player the amount of "shares" of the total loss of 100LP is divided up based on the "negative player impact" of each individual player in that particular lost game. This punishes poor performance harder forcing serious reflection as well as dampening the loss of LP for a player that performed well that game but had poor teammates, tilted players, trolls, feeders, AFK etc. The invert side, the winning team, rewards players more for "hard carries" (as they would receive a larger portion of LP based on their larger "positive player impact" on the winning of that particular game) and lessens the amount a player can gain by being hard carried ––they'd receive less "shares" of the total 100LP gain of the winning team due to a smaller "positive player impact" on the winning of that particular game–– thus rewarding well-played games and punishing poorly played games more effectivly on both winning and lossing teams respectivly. This gives an advantage to the consistent player and hinders the inconsistent player. Now as for how "share attractors" of the 100LP gain/loss is the hard part... Any thoughts?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: NA (Bronze-Silver) LF Top,Mid,and Adc. (Plat-Diamond) LF All Roles
1.Summoner name: Notion Z 2.Rank: Gold 5 (Trash) 3.Role: Mid, Jg can play some supp 4.Champs(No more 5): Ekko, Zed, Arhi, Kass, BARD! 5.Mic and Discord? Discord 6.Play Times: whenever 7.Strong points: I have decent game knowledge, but haven't converted it into game sense so my consistency is lacking. 8.Weak points: Roaming and not converting it into enough pressure that it was worth the roam.
: GankForce5 looking for a mid laner Gold or lower (Discord required)
: Forming Competitive Flex/Tournament Team
Age: 21 Role: Mid>Jungle Playstyle: Assassin. Ekko main 58% win rate with over 400 games this season. I think I'm close to like 800k mastery on him. Discord: Yes Availability: Any time works for me (freelance writer) so I make my own schedules. Highest Rank: G4 in solo. Never got a team together for flex so I'm b1 after completing my placements. I think I only have like 11 games in flex. eSports: Don't have a favorite team. If yes, who's your favorite player and why?: Jensen (not sure about spelling) watching his Ekko split push is what got me really good at the champ and better at split pushing in general.
Lego1as (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Notion Z,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=F2AjQsAn,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-09-10T14:04:54.100+0000) > > Clearly, you didn't read my comment because I said exactly what you said. I quote "We all start somewhere but it doesn't make this any less funny." Chill with that PR BS man. To be honest, being a sententious prick is just as toxic. Thanks for commenting have a nice day I'm sure with your sense of humor you have lovely days all the time. I was going to say sorry and that you were right in that I didn't see your comment. But calling me a 'sententious prick' led me otherwise. My humor doesnt involve making fun of others. I try to be supportive and optimistic in all situations. your try at sarcasm was weird at best.
Duly noted and thank you for your feed back. Have a lovely day {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
RuFiot (EUW)
: Hahaha tbh I was way worse..
Same if I'm being honest too. Like there was a time I walked back to base to buy because I didn't know you could press "B" to channel a back... LMAO!
Lego1as (NA)
: Get off your high horse. Every player has been through this phase. You posting this and making fun of this streamer is why this community is toxic.
Clearly, you didn't read my comment because I said exactly what you said. I quote "We all start somewhere but it doesn't make this any less funny." Chill with that PR BS man. To be honest, being a sententious prick is just as toxic. Thanks for commenting have a nice day I'm sure with your sense of humor you have lovely days all the time.
Rioter Comments
: Looking for Gold Jungle for Semi serious team
Rioter Comments
Porocles (NA)
: 5/3/2017 - "1/4" Screen & DirectX Error Issues
Welp fuck mac users I guess... It's cool I get it we aren't exactly a priority for you guys at Riot, but I would still enjoy it if you'd fix the game so I could play it seeing as I have payed for extra content and all.
Porocles (NA)
: 5/3/2017 - "1/4" Screen & DirectX Error Issues
Had my brother help me with coding and it did not work... It left a small inch at the bottom of the screen black and I can not scroll up while not locked on champ module. I can move screen down left and right but not up. The alt + enter did put it in a functional window but then I end up right clicking outside the window bringing up the right click functions on the desktop which is now accessible because of the game being a window making game play difficult and at times causing me to have to click back into the window to regain game function rather than desktop function. I am looking forward to the hotfix can't come soon enough. I really enjoy the game and would like it to function as intended. p.s. not a fan of the new announcer voice could you hotfix that as well?
Rioter Comments
Show more

rtbf70489832

Level 112 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion