: Rerolls
The exact ratio is definitely open to tuning. Currently it takes 200 points to get a reroll and you earn 30 + (1 x champions owned) http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3328642&page=10#post36615202
: Longest aram game
I got to ~45 mins before, not sure how an ARAM could be longer than that, but I'm sure it's happened.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jimmy Rustles,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=whEtapiW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-07T00:21:04.662+0000) > > Man, if you think that's the worst in gaming > > You have not seen much Riot is only half a step away from EA.
> [{quoted}](name=RekSai CoffeeCo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=whEtapiW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-07T01:04:47.304+0000) > > Riot is only half a step away from EA. Elaborate please?
: When you skin boost in aram it should...
I think bringing bans back would be better.
Arammus (EUW)
: sennas e and oracle (aram)
I'm not sure if it's changed, but Akali's smoke screen had a similar effect
Keiyani (NA)
: AP Shyvana needs to be nerfed in ARAM
I rather they bring bans back.
npc666 (NA)
: Is there a difference in reporting system ?
I don't think Riot does a whole lot until a certain threshold of people report that person in a certain amount of time. Which means most of our reports are meaningless besides a ventilation post game. If rules were enforced more strictly, there would be much fewer people with the behavior that we all see everyday. I gave up reporting years ago (when the tribunal was ditched) because of the lack of action Riot takes. I just /mute all every game and mute all pings as well.
: 15 min dodge timer?
Eh, 15 mins is nothing compared to a game you wouldn't enjoy anyways. Just watch a youtube video or two and requeue.
: > [{quoted}](name=Reksee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H8TNwUds,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-30T04:06:22.410+0000) > > Oh yes, the iconic > {{champion:99}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:25}} > > By far the most fun thing to play against. and the worst part is that people think that its alright because they can fall off later when you stack mr against that. I don't care about winning against a team like that when i want to gouge my eyes out from frustration for 20 minutes straight.
> [{quoted}](name=Pendergast891,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H8TNwUds,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-30T04:19:05.367+0000) > > and the worst part is that people think that its alright because they can fall off later when you stack mr against that. I don't care about winning against a team like that when i want to gouge my eyes out from frustration for 20 minutes straight. But Riot thinks that's a lot of fun.
Reksee (NA)
: Oh yes, the iconic {{champion:99}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:25}} By far the most fun thing to play against.
> [{quoted}](name=Reksee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H8TNwUds,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-30T04:06:22.410+0000) > > Oh yes, the iconic > {{champion:99}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:25}} > > By far the most fun thing to play against. I love playing against Xerath and just sitting under turret for 15 minutes, 100% completely defenseless, watching people get Q'ed for 60% of their health. It's awesome.
TaienV (NA)
: ARAM is nothing but comp wins now
Always has been. Riot has no intention of addressing this either because they said that feedback provided was people don't want balance in ARAM. You can question where they got that feedback from, because no one I knew provided any at all.
: It has been more than 3 months since the last ARAM balance changes
I'm not sure if Mort ever plays ARAM, afaik, I've only seen him play TFT on stream. I hope ARAM gets some more attention, it's really been lacking in the development department for awhile now. It feels like they just called last year's butcher bridge a failure and never looked back. The bans and the boots from last year were so much better at balancing the game than these tweaks they do.
: Okay that ARAM beta test was funny, now can we get rid of it?
ARAM is the biggest fuckfest in the game... play SR if you want to have a chance, ARAM is decided at champ select.
: > [{quoted}](name=CominTowardsYa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l5JyM0ln,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-26T08:34:25.566+0000) > > It is pretty bad... I see a pool of about 7 of the same champs in every game. I know I am not the only one. Riot themselves have shows they are against ARAM accounts but there is little cthey can actually do
> [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l5JyM0ln,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-26T08:44:59.642+0000) > > Riot themselves have shows they are against ARAM accounts but there is little cthey can actually do What? Unlock all champs Reintroduce bans Not new ideas, in fact, been around for years. They just don't want to.
Twigz91 (NA)
: sportsmanship
Mute them and move on if you don't want to hear it. Or you can just be nice to them despite their attitude. I used to get pretty anger, then I got a 10 game chat restriction. My attitude didn't change a LOT, but there were times when I was borderline insulting someone and they were really chill about it, then it made it me realize I just need to be nicer. I just don't talk or I try to just laugh at the situation now.
EATARI (NA)
: No. The bans are slow, and against the spirit of ARAM. The real answer is to enable the entire champion pool for every player.
> [{quoted}](name=EATARI,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEOTaEE0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-24T16:24:33.448+0000) > > No. The bans are slow, and against the spirit of ARAM. The real answer is to enable the entire champion pool for every player. Bans take 30 seconds. If someone dodges, it takes 60+queue time.
BlackXIV (EUW)
: I feel like you're arguing about nothing, bans are pointless because the op builds in aram are much more than 10, also because teamcomps beat individual picks and teamcomps are, you guessed it, random. The only possible solutions are to either give everyone the full champion pool or to DRAMATICALLY increase rerolls based on how many champions you own. If an aram account gets 1 roll per game stacking to 2 and I own every champion I want 5 rolls per game staking to 10.
> [{quoted}](name=BlackXIV,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEOTaEE0,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-24T19:43:01.498+0000) > > I feel like you're arguing about nothing, bans are pointless because the op builds in aram are much more than 10, also because teamcomps beat individual picks and teamcomps are, you guessed it, random. > > The only possible solutions are to either give everyone the full champion pool or to DRAMATICALLY increase rerolls based on how many champions you own. > If an aram account gets 1 roll per game stacking to 2 and I own every champion I want 5 rolls per game staking to 10. You missed the point completely of bans. Of course you only get 10, but if you're able to break the comp down so they only have 1-2 dominate champions, it's much better than facing 5. I don't mind fighting against a Veigar, but when they also have things like Syndra, Zilean, Varus, and Xerath along side the Veigar, it becomes impossible to even get into AA range. When I queue, I prefer to be able to at least _play_ the game rather than play tower defense.
: Bring Back Aram Bans
They need to adjust cooldowns like veigar's cage by 300% or something. It's absurd how many games where you literally can't move or get into AA range because it's a single lane game. Without bans, people are far more likely to dodge if they don't feel like their comp has a chance in hell. How many games have we had where we face 7-8 dodges in a row?
Blu 1 (NA)
: Why is Spear of Shojin still in ARAM?
According to Riot, ARAM players doesn't care about having a balanced game. If that's what their look is at champions, I'm pretty sure the same applies to items. If you want to ask where they got that feedback, no one really knows. "For players who just wanted to reroll for those champs, and didn’t care about having a perfectly balanced experience..." https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/04/dev-aram-changes-wrap-up/
Äkechi (NA)
: Play the game before you defend it?
What makes you think those players care what you think either? Going around bashing a company isn't anymore amazing than defending them.
Saevum (NA)
: No bans required. They just need to open the entire rooster. They won't though.
> [{quoted}](name=Saevum,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yLaLdlsK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-22T10:18:40.809+0000) > > No bans required. They just need to open the entire rooster. > > They won't though. One or the other, I'd be happy
: ARAM champions that needs a nerf
They don't need to tone the damage, they need to tone the cooldowns. Xerath being able to line up a Q every 4 seconds and take half your health in one Q with no risk is not fun at all. Every 10 seconds is tolerable.
: after all these years could you fix aram bushes?
8000+ ARAM games, no idea what you're talking about. Put bans back in though, and I'll be happy.
: Aram is disgusting
Riot said they addressed it with the "built in poke reduction." Which is absolutely garbage considering even if you take 15% less damage, you still can't do anything about the poke but sit under turret. I don't mind losing a contested game, but when the games are you doing nothing but sit under turret for 20 minutes, is not compelling nor exciting in anyway. EDIT: Adding bans is the way to go. You can't ban out every poke champion, but when they only have one or two poke champion versus 4 poke champs and a Vegiar makes it much, much more tolerable.
: Bring back ARAM bans and revert all damage changes
Please bring back bans. If it cripples champion diversity, look as to WHY the same champions are banned time and time and time and time again. Brand was banned 56%, Veigar 44%, Lux 36%. In a game of well over 100 champions, for that kind of ban rate, should be investigated. Then they take the lazy way out and adjust damage taken/damage dealt. Which is really dumb, because ultimately no matter how much you nerf their damage by, it leaves no room for out play when you're getting poked and dying in 6 hits rather 4. It doesn't fix the problem. I rather them increase cooldowns of those frequently banned than reduce their damage. Poke is all or nothing, you either get hit or you don't. In the case of some champions like Veigar, their CC is what makes them utterly impossible to play against. Riot, there is NOTHING FUN about sitting under a turret for half an hour unable to do anything but dodge the whole game. Please bring back bans or do something to make ARAM more enjoyable. Also, Riot mentioned that the bans increased the time it takes to get into the game by 30 seconds and they didn't like that. How about counting how many dodges happen when bans are in vs when bans are out. I experience 5-6 dodges in a row constantly. Furthermore, with the number of ARAM accounts are out there, this ARAM will never truly be random unless all champs are unlocked, which I'm fine with them not doing, but don't call it random when it's not.
: Revert ARAM changes (explanations)
Well. the changes with or without is a crappy experience in ARAM when you're constantly against Brand/Veigar/Lux/Varus/Xerath over and over and over again. Riot doesn't understand the damage isn't what makes them so strong (although it certainly doesn't help Xerath can go through minions and take out half your heath in one Q). It's the fact that you have to sit under turret for the next 25 minutes, unable to do anything, is just not fun, especially when you deal with it 4 or 5 games in a row, it's just the most frustrating time in the game.
: Nerf Ziggs in ARAM more
Per Rito - "this has been addressed with our built in poke reduction"
Zarsin (NA)
: Lets get Ranked for ARAM!!
They can't even do unranked properly. Kai'Sa doing half your health in one W or Jayce EQ doing 2/3 of your health... "built in poke reduction"
GenjiCat (NA)
: Reported a whole group of racists.
I personally stopped reporting anything, if Riot actually did something, people wouldn't be doing it at will so often. Just ignore them and move on. That's just the outcomes I've experienced, you might have different experiences.
: go fuck yourself riot
Because their design philosophy is flawed. The only single thing they strive for is 50% win rate across the board and look at nothing else. Evidenced by the current "built in poke reduction" and constant nerfs/buffs to just damage alone.
: Veigar ARAM-only E nerf
That would require Riot to look at gameplay. As we all know, Riot doesn't do such things. They look at "THE NUMBERS" and make it 50% and their job is done.
: I agree about the +% buffs not being needed but ill point out I think ziggs is garbage tier... he has to deal with 2 nerfs, the 1000 range -50% and what like 15% on top of that?? I won't even play him, used to get excited a bit when I rolled him. Now I don't even like having him on my team, if hes not building ludens+liandris+rabadons with arcane comet keystone and actually USING his passive to push towers when he can get in cheeky autos then hes just a handicap... EDIT: Plus it's too much for them to juggle, lets be honest, as quickly as they buff/nerf champions in regards to summoners rift... one small buff to rengars numbers or items hes gonna be even more godlike then he was with his aram buffs... I hadn't played rengar in like 2 years, always insta rerolled and I played him like 2 weeks ago and just popped off hard, like 18 kills 8 deaths... Literally every rengar I see now goes positive easily unless they are just to skiddish to all in...
> [{quoted}](name=Semaj3xt4h,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vTO1NEdK,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-19T14:55:59.743+0000) > > I agree about the +% buffs not being needed but ill point out I think ziggs is garbage tier... he has to deal with 2 nerfs, the 1000 range -50% and what like 15% on top of that?? I won't even play him, used to get excited a bit when I rolled him. Now I don't even like having him on my team, if hes not building ludens+liandris+rabadons with arcane comet keystone and actually USING his passive to push towers when he can get in cheeky autos then hes just a handicap... > > EDIT: Plus it's too much for them to juggle, lets be honest, as quickly as they buff/nerf champions in regards to summoners rift... one small buff to rengars numbers or items hes gonna be even more godlike then he was with his aram buffs... I hadn't played rengar in like 2 years, always insta rerolled and I played him like 2 weeks ago and just popped off hard, like 18 kills 8 deaths... Literally every rengar I see now goes positive easily unless they are just to skiddish to all in... Really? I still think Ziggs is among the best in ARAM. He routinely does, by far, the highest damage in every game I play. His mine field really screws up melee, his Q is has 0 counterplay with outrageous damage and his W is a turret destroyer, his ult does massive damage and is a great wave clear. I don't like to look at win rate, but since that's routinely the argument used, he's only 1.1% short of being the highest win rate champion in all of ARAM at 55%.
: Stop buffing champions in ARAM
They only look at "the numbers" and aim for 50% and nothing more.
: I really got weird question about ARAM balance Special about the cancer looking Nidalee and Kai'Sa
Per Riot: This has been addressed with built in poke reduction. Reality: ARAM is still decided at champ select.
plotte44 (EUW)
: only losing with new account
ARAM is largely won at champ select, since you are queued into games with mostly players of equal MMR. It's just really bad luck on your part. But you definitely aren't alone, I regularly go on 15+ losing streaks.
: Good job at fighting afks in ARAM Rito
I just hope Riot listens to the fans and puts bans back in ARAM. Another, ahem, well known company finally listened to their fans and now the player count is as high as it was when the game was fun. I only play when I'm in queue for said game now.
Razarath (NA)
: FIX ARAM
Then you'll just have friends with 5 accounts that'll keep dodging and keeping champs they want.
: League of Legends is Robbing me of my Happiness.
Doesn't matter if you're bad or not. If it's not making you happy to play this game, don't play. It's time to move on, no game was or is meant to last forever or to satisfy you forever. I went back to wow for now. Maybe you'll come back, maybe you won't, it doesn't matter for now. A game is just a game, some of us take it a little too far sometimes and lose sight of life.
: Aram isnt fun
The only thing that makes ARAM not fun is Ziggs, Varus, Xerath, ect that has no counterplay where all game you get pushed under your turret and can't do anything but dodge poke for 20 minutes. Wish the bans were still around, it just makes things so much less frustrating. Even if there are players who don't ban anyone, if I can remove Xerath from ARAM every game, I'd be a lot happier.
: Why don't they just add a feature where you can lock in so if someone (not in your party) dodges you get them next queue.
> [{quoted}](name=Heckin Support,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xaEH4E1r,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-27T17:47:04.558+0000) > > Why don't they just add a feature where you can lock in so if someone (not in your party) dodges you get them next queue. Because people can just get a group of friends together with multiple accounts and just dodge until they get that perfect comp, obviously.
Whe (EUNE)
: Is only a handful of specific champions avaliable every day in ARAM?
It shouldn't, but it's not uncommon to get the same champ several times. Doesn't feel very random.
Rioter Comments
: Is pantheon disabled in ARAMS?
I've seen more pantheons than I have anything else. Besides Xerath, Veigar, Fiddle and Brand of course.
dudekri (EUW)
: Who else just turns off ingame chat?
It's almost always better to just /mute all as soon as any game starts, ARAM or ranked or otherwise. There's absolutely no reason to talk to anyone at all in this game beyond champ select.
: can we just make dodging in aram not a thing?
Why? A game where someone dodged is probably a game that didn't need to happen in the first place. If they didn't let people dodge, those people would just feed or afk the game, then you'll just be back here complaining about that.
: ADC's adding me
Just don't accept it.
Akrid415 (NA)
: Same champs in ARAM over and over
If only there was a way for players to pick a champion to get rid of from the pole before champs are assigned, this wouldn't be an issue. Wonder if they can make that happen.
: The trolls in aram -_-
It's ARAM, you're going to get those people everyday. It's just the nature of it. I regularly go on 15+ losing streaks because of those people. Nothing you can do about it, just accept the loss and move on.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0Epvd0Ah,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T21:32:07.771+0000) > > Your proof? > > Do you have the numbers that shows a drop in the playerbase of ARAM due to these changes? i dont need any proof, its how I feel as a player in aram that the games are far too snowbally and short.
> [{quoted}](name=Dont be Hasty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0Epvd0Ah,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T22:17:47.884+0000) > > i dont need any proof, its how I feel as a player in aram that the games are far too snowbally and short. That's kind of contradicting, you say that's how "us aram players" in your post, now you're saying it's how you feel. I'm not for or against your argument, I don't care about that. As an ARAM player, all I want is bans back.
: The game became a joke, gg riot
No doubt, botters ruin the game, but they definitely do ban those who bot. It won't be instant, because they want to capture a large size of users who are botting with the same software. If they ban them all one by one, then the software will just keep being updated to bypass the bans. By doing ban waves, they're able to capture a large number of them before they update the software, then the cycle starts again. It's frustrating, but you'll encounter fewer bots once you're out of the 20s.
Show more

rubber ripper

Level 165 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion