Rioter Comments
: Day 150 of unreleased Karthus emote! Give it up for Day 150!
DankSan (NA)
: Pyke is still fucking broken as shit
In my personal experience, every pyke I've come across doesn't do well early game and is useless the entire game. It seems like you have to get extremely far ahead to be relevant mid to late, and even then it just takes a good team comp to lock him down and end him.
Rioter Comments
: Anyone else find Neeko's dialogue to be cringy and her voice actor a bit off?
I like it. It feels like she's actually talking and not acting. A lot of other champion voice lines seem overacted, but Neeko's feels raw and original. I love her voice!
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I like small boobies. {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}}
> [{quoted}](name=EchoZeero,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z7IZETEr,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-11-15T19:03:05.693+0000) > > I like small boobies. > > {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}} Glad I'm not the only one ;v;
: Akali's boobies should get bigger the more rammen she eats
When your player base is 80% horny teenage boys
Rαy (EUW)
: Change my mind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't understand how, even though they have the same copy paste face, she can look smoking hot in her purple splash but in her nifty swifty taylor skinny she looks fuckin ugly
: > [{quoted}](name=Hovering Hentai,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zvE5qwr4,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-13T11:07:19.387+0000) > > Bear in mind the runeterra we know is only a portion of the full planet. There could be similar or even worse things happening on other continents We still don't know what part of Runeterra that {{champion:9}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:35}} are from. Edit: Removed Vladimir.
{{champion:120}} and {{champion:429}} are from the shadow isles.
Kiwi Ink (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TimbroSlice14,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EZccHyZp,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-12T15:13:50.557+0000) > > 1. It’s a button how is it complicated, you click it. > 2. If you miss the ready up button you dont get a dodge penalty (unless your talking about the ‘lock in’ button in champ select, in which case it is even less complicated, click a champ, click lock in) > 3. If your talking about a glitch that happens when readying up/locking in, that renders your client stuck, you should address it as such not this ambiguous way of complaining. > > I personally have never had a ready up button problem, and think that the feature that brings it to the front of your screen if you are in a different site is helpful. > > I have had trouble with the lock in button, where the timer runs down to 0 and I get stuck there until I restart. But that is a connection issue, and not entirely on Riots side. > > What exactly is your problem? Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean its on their end. It happens to all sorts of people I play with, including me and I have a gaming computer connected to stable ethernet. What happens is you click ready, it gets stuck and then says you declined the ready check. Has been happening for months. I think with "complicated" they mean it overloads itself cause its unnecessarily fancy. You are correct though that there is no penalty for when that happens.
I think you're confused. What you are describing is a completely separate bug than what he is talking about. In his case, the "accept" button is activated (doesn't decline the match) but it doesn't go away. So, in champion select you can't pick your champion because there's a big pop up "accept" button blocking everything, so you are forced to unintentionally dodge and get a penalty.
NegaRed (EUW)
: Please, can a rioter release the Ezreal's theme used in his trailer?
: Xayah Rakan Bracelets are shipping with misprints
WOW!! I can't believe Riot did something like this, and they are STILL selling them out with absolutely no transparency! Riot wtf?! It's not like you! I thought you were better than this?
: Literally every other Energy-based Champ:
{{champion:64}} has to **spend energy first** on an ability then stop for a second to auto you) Isn't this also the case for early {{champion:84}} though ?
saltran (EUW)
: Except she is...
Her winrate is garbage across all elos. She is very strong when played right under certain circumstances, but isn't this the case with every champion?
: My Xayah and Genderbend Kayn cosplay improvement :)
Really awesome cosplays! Especially your Kayn turned out great! I have to wonder about those Xayah leggings in the second picture though...
saltran (EUW)
: Man I love Program skins, shame that these are for champs I dont play.
It's a shame this skin line gets a lot of hate. I love them too!
: The world runes are not based on in-game runes. Leona and Diana are not rivals. Caitlyn is not Camille's grandniece. Rakan and Xayah are partly foxes. Edit: I can't seem to find the source for that. May be wrong. Warwick is a good ~~boy~~ guy, or at least is trying his best considering his situation.
> [{quoted}](name=DerMangoJoghurt,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AE99MKef,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-10-31T10:09:15.871+0000) > > The world runes are not based on in-game runes. > Aw, I was really hoping they were. That would be so cool.
Meddler (NA)
: I don't think being old's any sort of problem for a champion, let alone a serious one. I don't feel it's anymore a justification for a character by itself than 'tall' is however - might be an important part of a character's identity but isn't an argument by itself.
I think it's an argument for diversity more than just "hey we don't have a physically old lady yet." I too would love to see more variety in the female characters of Runterra, we're slowly getting there but still a far cry from diversity. Also, I just want to add that I'm glad you are the design director of league. I like the way you think! Your team is absolutely amazing and is what keep me to this game. I am a huge fan. [edit] Just realized that this chain is 3 years old...oops. But also, it's 3 years old. Why haven't we seen much of a change in female characters?
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:201}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:110}} ?
Draven? Sexy?? LOL! I literally want to gag when I see his face
Dessem (EUW)
: I feel like I'm getting too old for League.
Ah, back when mechanical skill mattered and outplay was relevant...what a good time.
Rioter Comments
: I know these 2 skins got canceled (for good enough reasons) but is anyone a little upset?
No...I was relieved when they canceled them. If they wanted to release them again they would have to start from scratch.
: alright, well agree to disagree, you are saying i said something i never said. > [{quoted}](name=HellawhiteIII,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PkzVqq90,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T13:00:24.326+0000) > > it sounds exactly the same, same tone, same style, just in japanese. > > so you associate it with loli? > [{quoted}](name=HellawhiteIII,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PkzVqq90,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T13:10:12.896+0000) > > it **IS** a different person, speaking in the **same tone and manner** as the ORIGINAL voice actor. > > i dont understand, do you not get the concept of voice acting? not every voice actor/actress has the same voice, so they do similar styles, not THE EXACT SAME VOICE... I never once said anything other than that, SAME TONE, SAME STYLE. DIFFERENT PERSON... Just because they dont have the same voice doesnt mean the voice acting isnt similar and have similar tone and styles. I will not "argue" with someone for the sake of arguing invalid points and false statements trying to skew my words to make a point that doesn't exist. You are by definition a forum troll just trying to argue with people. Good day sir/ma'am.
We are talking about opinions here, not facts. How are my statements invalid or false? How did I skew your words, that's literally how I interpreted them based on what you said. I'm not a troll, at least I'm not trying to be, I'm speaking and defending my opinions. We don't have to keep "arguing," though, you are entitled to what you think just as much as I am. > [{quoted}](name=HellawhiteIII,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PkzVqq90,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-25T12:59:11.341+0000) > "Just because they dont have the same voice doesnt mean the voice acting isnt similar and have similar tone and styles." And all I am saying is that, in my opinion, the voice acting style and tone is too different and doesn't fit Jinx's personality. That's my opinion, and obviously you don't agree, which is fine. Agree to disagree? Indeed, have a good day.
: > [{quoted}](name=sarii fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PkzVqq90,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T13:05:58.587+0000) > > How the actual heck can you think that? She sounds completely different, like a completely different person. it **IS** a different person, speaking in the **same tone and manner** as the ORIGINAL voice actor. i dont understand, do you not get the concept of voice acting? not every voice actor/actress has the same voice, so they do similar styles, not THE EXACT SAME VOICE...
You literally just said "it sounds exactly the same, same tone, same style, just in japanese." You're contradicting yourself, man. I was just arguing against your argument. Of course I get the concept of voice acting. I used to be a weeb too in my highschool days, so it was important to me. The JP Jinx VA just does not fit her personality in my opinion. Her voice is too high, too childish, which I get is a Japanese thing, but I just really feel that it doesn't fit Jinx's punky, grungy personality.
: Kai'sa already getting more love than her dad
I had really hoped that Kai'sa skin was just fanart...apparently it's the real deal. Ugh.
: > [{quoted}](name=sarii fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PkzVqq90,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-25T12:58:07.906+0000) > > You think her VA is spot on? She sounds way to loli, it doesn't fit her personality at all! it sounds exactly the same, same tone, same style, just in japanese. so you associate it with loli?
How the actual heck can you think that? She sounds completely different, like a completely different person.
: Odyssey "Welcome Aboard" cinematic in Japanese
You think her VA is spot on? She sounds way to loli, it doesn't fit her personality at all!
: > [{quoted}](name=sarii fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4MTrEdm5,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-09-24T17:21:53.672+0000) > > There is a reason for shoving and stalling other than solo exp, though. It's important to shove the wave into their tower before you leave so that the enemy loses farm, exp, and cannot shove back by the time you get back in lane. Just wait until your adc backs and back with them, simple as that. > > And we freeze because it's safer for both the adc and support, we don't want to be shoved all the way to their side, that's just asking to get ganked. In this case you shouldn't be losing exp anyway because the wave is still being killed by the time the next wave comes. and the ADC's that know the strategical reasons are NOT the ones I'm having the issue with XD.
Just realized that you're the same person I commented this same thing to. We're having the exact same conversations on two different board posts, lol.
: also this isn't the biggest issue i have.. the BIGGESt issue i have is when i back my ADC pushes the wave for solo exp and when i get there they freeze. I'm like DUDE I'M LVL 4 AND YOUR LVL 7 CAN U FUCKING STOP THAT SHIT. THIER BOTH LVL 6 THERE GOING TO WIN EVERY FUCKING FIGHT NOW.
There is a reason for shoving and stalling other than solo exp, though. It's important to shove the wave into their tower before you leave so that the enemy loses farm, exp, and cannot shove back by the time you get back in lane. Just wait until your adc backs and back with them, simple as that. And we freeze because it's safer for both the adc and support, we don't want to be shoved all the way to their side, that's just asking to get ganked. In this case you shouldn't be losing exp anyway because the wave is still being killed by the time the next wave comes.
: PSA to ADC's, let your support get in EXP range
I can't think of any instances where this applies. As an adc I either want to shove when I get to lane, in which case I'm sorry but I am not sacrificing game strategy for your exp when you're not with me, or I'm stalling the lane in which case I am only last hitting, which wouldn't make a difference to you anyway. Support exp is not my problem, I have to focus on my own farming and positioning.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XVscjUvN,comment-id=0030,timestamp=2018-09-18T22:35:33.342+0000) > > This is really strange. I'll ask someone to look at it. I bet tantrum $20 RP (like he needs it) that it was the word "Augs" that triggered it. I remember some word over in Europe was auto-flagged for a 14 day ban while that word in "English" is a normally standardized socially accepted word. If Augmented had been typed, this thread wouldn't have been here. This is exactly why people need to stop abbreviating words into "Internet" slang abbreviations. Never know when it will trigger the Nuclear Option.
: I did it!
yay congrats! you are one of very few!
: You didn't read.
I think they are talking about how these skins don't match with the current hextech aesthetic and they need to be updated too.
: I think they should remake all old hextech skins and place them into the crafting system, and remove all non hextech and sell them for RP. And probably some compensation for people who purchases non hextech skins for gemstones.
I definitely agree with this. It's strange that the gemstone skins are so random. It makes perfect sense for them all to be hextech and only hextech skins.
: Hmmmmm, I can't really agree because I don't think that is a fair comparison. The tone of the Odyssey trailer is wild, over-the-top, fun, wacky & for lack of a better word, cartoony. The directors & animators are allowed to go a bit crazy with the expressions because it fits the tone of the trailer. Plus they have Jinx as the most prominent face of the trailer. The most crazy, wild & expressive character in the game. Subtly & Jinx should never go together. But compared to this trailer, all of the Overwatch cinematics have a much different tone. They're a bit more serious & emotional. The goal is to make you feel for the characters featured. Yeah, they have moments of fun & humor, but that's just it. They're moments, not the defining tone of the cinematic. So the directors & animators naturally went a bit more realistic & subtly with the expression to fit the tone. Plus there's also the fact that most of the OW characters who got a cinematic aren't half as expressive as Jinx. Because that's not their character. Wait for the day Junkrat gets a full fledged cinematic. I think the facial expressions are fine for what they're trying to accomplish.
Perhaps you are right in that this isn't exactly a fair comparison because of Jinx's crazy character. But when watching overwatch shorts I feel like there are lots of moments where the expressions just aren't...there yet. Sometimes they get it right, but often times I feel like a lot of emotion is lost because the intensity in facial expression is lacking. The character doesn't have to be crazy to express dynamic expression, either. Even in my favorite short, "Dragons", one that makes me tear because of how beautiful it is, there are moments where I think "hmm, that could be pushed a bit further." And even with Jinx's crazy character, I think that Riot pushed it as far as it could go without it being too much. It's not just about being overly expressive, it's actually the very subtle details in her face, the small smirks, tilt of the head, slight widening of the eye, etc that really "wow" me more than anything else. Again, the character does not have to be super dynamic to express this and Blizzard just doesn't really have this subtle thing really going for them (with some exceptions). From an animation standpoint I still think this video shows that Riot has surpassed Blizzard. But I do think that Blizzard has an upper hand at storytelling.
Rioter Comments
Zeanix (OCE)
: Okay, NOW I'm Hyped
Yes I feel exactly the same! At first I was like "ok another jinx skin" but then it's a whole freaking trailer and WOW THIS IS SO COOL!! Riot captured the facial expressions and personalities of these characters SO WELL and I'm SO HYPE!!!!!!
: A slew of people are now mad over DZK being fired.
Ok yes, but... > [{quoted}](name=Perniicious,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NRsaEyys,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-07T21:00:29.380+0000) That's how Africans Americans we're treated until it slowly grew into something more monstrous and inhumane. idk where you got this idea but this simply isn't true. There were no "African Americans" when slavery started to begin with. They weren't seen as human beings and were teated like cattle from the get go.
: Moving Forward After DZK's Departure
> > Riot wants to be a leader in culture and inclusivity. PAX was an example of going forwards in some ways, backwards in other ways This is true. I want to hate them for doing what they did, but I need to be reminded that their intentions were in the right place.
BlackInkX2 (EUNE)
: I haven't followed the 'scandal' closely but I still don't understand why everyone keeps making this a big deal out of it. Okay, someone made a stall or booth or whatever about a promotion or interview that only allowed women in. So what? There are organizations that organize events for children and adults of x to x years of age, events that are taking place to support the homeless or war veterans, events that are organized by people of specific occupations and only allow coworkers or people that fit certain criteria to join in, and also events that you have to be invited to or rich or in some club to participate in. The organizers have the right to make certain events exclusive if they want to appeal to a spesific unrepresented group. The Riot worker's comment about manbabies was a bit uncalled for and maybe he should tweet an apology so the company can save face, but that's no reason to fire him or hunt him down for lashing out. His team wanted to make a positive change in the world and interact with likeminded individuals and instead of that people started accusing them, distorting the public opinion by blowing the whole thing out of proportions and starting a gender war. If i gave something my all to help a certain group follow their dreams and people started taking a piss at it for not being inculded, and brought in their politics I might have also responded in a negative manner, lots of us would have lost our cool. It would make more sense to ask Riot for another event that also included men this time instead of boycotting them and making sure that such an attempt wont happen again in the future.
> [{quoted}](name=BlackInkX2,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EFdoIaTE,comment-id=0031,timestamp=2018-09-04T15:44:31.429+0000) > > I haven't followed the 'scandal' closely but I still don't understand why everyone keeps making this a big deal out of it. Okay, someone made a stall or booth or whatever about a promotion or interview that only allowed women in. So what? There are organizations that organize events for children and adults of x to x years of age, events that are taking place to support the homeless or war veterans, events that are organized by people of specific occupations and only allow coworkers or people that fit certain criteria to join in, and also events that you have to be invited to or rich or in some club to participate in. The organizers have the right to make certain events exclusive if they want to appeal to a spesific unrepresented group. > > The Riot worker's comment about manbabies was a bit uncalled for and maybe he should tweet an apology so the company can save face, but that's no reason to fire him or hunt him down for lashing out. His team wanted to make a positive change in the world and interact with likeminded individuals and instead of that people started accusing them, distorting the public opinion by blowing the whole thing out of proportions and starting a gender war. If i gave something my all to help a certain group follow their dreams and people started taking a piss at it for not being inculded, and brought in their politics I might have also responded in a negative manner, lots of us would have lost our cool. It would make more sense to ask Riot for another event that also included men this time instead of boycotting them and making sure that such an attempt wont happen again in the future. It wasn't just a panel that was excluded from men. It was a whole morning and afternoon of various panels and events. All of this: 10 AM-12 PM: 1-on-1 resume review & feedback 12-3 PM: Presentations including: Art + Champions/Skins Design How to be a Producer Narrative Writing Production Careers Game Design Advanced Cosplay Notice that none of these things have anything to do with women directly. If it was just one panel or event that actually addressed the issue, sure I suppose I can understand that. But this is a very lazy way of dealing with woman's opportunity issues. It's easy to just say "we're only giving this to females," but it's not actually addressing the issue in a meaningful way. Fighting social justice is an inclusive battle and requires awareness and acceptance from all groups. In no way was this inclusive or productive in that manner. In fact it just made the whole situation worse by tainting the equal opportunity movement. To top it all off, this was a last minute change in the schedule and many people had already bought their tickets in hopes to attend this sort of thing. I too would be very upset if I were denied the things I had already payed for.
: NO MORE RP PURCHASES!!!!!
: > [{quoted}](name=sarii fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-03T08:39:35.697+0000) > > Yeah, I've gotten away with a lot of shit being a pretty white female. In fact I feel privileged as fuck. I lied and cheated my way through high school with straight A's and B's because I looked like an good little innocent student with blond hair and a pretty face. I definitely take advantage of my physical appearance. Of course it comes with unwanted baggage but it's all a give and take. > > And I'm really sorry for the shit people have to go through because they look a certain way. Modern day feminism is bullshit :) ≖_≖ /s?
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MR5d8k0q,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-09-03T08:49:32.352+0000) > > ≖_≖ > > /s? No /s
: > [{quoted}](name=sarii fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gATgGGYn,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-03T08:32:39.050+0000) > > I have never felt unequal as a female player in this game. Actually, I don't feel discriminated against or unequal as a female in life in general. > > Also, what on earth does Women's voting rights and and black people being victims of segregation have to do with anything at PAX. because men are complaining about an event not including them when woman and other minoritys have been discriminated in much bigger ways. and if you don't feel personally discriminated thats fine, im glad you feel safe, but there has been studys that show that women tend to have a rougher time in society then men, and this one event not including men doesn't suddenly mean every man in the world is gonna die.
> [{quoted}](name=LancerTheeDancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gATgGGYn,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-09-03T08:37:34.816+0000) > > because men are complaining about an event not including them when woman and other minoritys have been discriminated in much bigger ways. and if you don't feel personally discriminated thats fine, im glad you feel safe, but there has been studys that show that women tend to have a rougher time in society then men, and this one event not including men doesn't suddenly mean every man in the world is gonna die. Okay but is the answer to eradicating discrimination more discrimination? Of course not. There are other ways of dealing with the issue and this is not an appropriate way of doing so. Of course other groups have gone through far worse but that is not an excuse for waving off minor issues. Of course this situation doesn't come close to the discrimination throughout history, but this is what's happening right now, this is what's relevant. Women's voting rights and black history is not relevant in this situation.
: As a man, I'm glad I've never experienced sexism or harassment
Yeah, I've gotten away with a lot of shit being a pretty white female. In fact I feel privileged as fuck. I lied and cheated my way through high school with straight A's and B's because I looked like a good little innocent student with blond hair and a pretty face. I definitely take advantage of my physical appearance. Of course it comes with unwanted baggage but it's all a give and take. And I'm really sorry for the shit people have to go through because they look a certain way. Modern day feminism is bullshit :)
: AS A CIS WHITE MALE
I have never felt unequal as a female player in this game. Actually, I don't feel discriminated against or unequal as a female in life in general. Also, what on earth does Women's voting rights and and black people being victims of segregation have to do with anything at PAX.
: Stop spamming this Riot sexism threads
Are you serious? This is a real issue and being quiet about it will only approve of Riot's ridiculous behavior. It needs to be known that this shit will not be tolerated, especially within such a huge company like Riot. Let this whole experience set an example of how things are NOT to be done.
Rioter Comments
Show more

sarii fox

Level 127 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion