Rioter Comments
: Why not J4 support? (calling tank supp mains)
I can see him being good situationally, particularly you're not against Vayne and you're supporting a Miss Fortune.
  Rioter Comments
: Looking to make a dynamic team for rank and team rank. serious people only.
My highest rank last season was plat 4, and I ended the season plat 5 with 100lp (I was playing with my team at the end of the season and did not have time for the promos). I have not played this season, except for a couple solo tournaments, because dynamic queue is a joke. Though, I don't mind playing 5's on dynamic queue because it is considerably less toxic, lp gains aside. I go by EST, and work usually Saturday to Wednesday 12:00pm-9:00pm. I'm a fill main with my best role being support, and my second best role being jungle. I often play support for my teams, and would love to play more jungle! :)
Godblood (NA)
: Recruiting Plat + Ranked 5s team.
Name: sbsp13668 Rank: ended last season Plat 5, highest rank last season Plat 4; I miss solo queue Role: Support is best role, jungle second-best (I'm a fill main) Top 5: Nami, Lulu, Janna, Braum, Sona (I can play all supports except Ali and Blitz)
Diªna (NA)
: P5 smurf looking to help out some bronzies.
There's a thread from a guy in his gold 5 promos looking for someone to boost him; it was above your post on the forum.
Pirkka (NA)
: Looking for support Silver/gold/plat
Is this for dynamic queue or ranked 5's?
: LF Top/Mid and Jungle Gold - Plat
My highest rank last season was plat 4, and I ended the season plat 5 with 100lp (I was playing with my team at the end of the season and did not have time for the promos). I have not played this season, except for a couple solo tournaments, because dynamic queue is a joke. I go by EST, and work usually Saturday to Wednesday 12:00pm-9:00pm. I'm a fill main with my best role being support, and my second best role being jungle. My best jungle champions are: {{champion:32}} , {{champion:59}} , {{champion:111}} , and {{champion:113}} .
Rioter Comments
Ginø (NA)
: Client Freezing During Champ Select
I'm getting this problem, too, I think. I try to launch a draft game and I get a black screen for role selection. Then, I try to launch a norm and the queue pops, but it's another black screen for champion select in the client.
Win1Ocent (EUW)
: Riot tweeted a few days ago saying solo queue will be released at the end of april.
For reals?! Ok that's cool, then. I mean, I might not have any time to play then because I'm personally going to be AFK May, June, and July, but at least in August I'll have something to come back to... Thanks! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
: Where do i check my champion KDA ratio since it wont let me check it in client anymore
Try using [lolking](http://www.lolking.net) by searching your summoner name.
Rioter Comments
: Between Two Turrets - Come Chat with Jynx [COMPLETED]
Not particularly relevant to the AMA because it's not a question: I love your hair. The half-shaved style looks so cool to me! Stay awesome!
Rioter Comments
: I think i already found Kindreds main counter
I think {{champion:79}} will be good too because he can knock people out of Kindred's ult.
: Countering {{champion:238}} is so easy. You just have to press escape and turn shadows off, and its GG EZ!{{summoner:2}} *illuminati confirmed*
Play Noc and turn out the lights. ;)
Elisai (NA)
: I like how no one in the comment section is even talking about Cassiopeia's Chroma Pack lol.
The Cass set is my favourite of these three. I think the gray one should be her default because it looks more snake-like to me with her skin tone changed and everything. Time for me to learn Cass?
: NA Server Roadmap Update: Upcoming NA Server Move
So, is this going to help get rid of the players from China that ruin late night games on the NA servers?
: *facepalm* Shen is part of the "fist of shadows," a group of ninjas including akali, kennen, and him as the leader.
I get that they're a group of ninjas, but Shen isn't the type of ninja that goes about killing people as his main thing, he's more about protecting people. You can have ninjas that protect people, instead of just being assassins. If he has to kill anyone, he's like a self-defense/protecting the innocent type of ninja.
: Champ Update Exploration
Eve update looks great! And, I like the updated Vlad's hair more than what he currently has. :) Great art!
: It is, but the general sentiment still stands. Personally, I think it looks out of place on Shen.
It looks too much like a shout-out to Assassins Creed, and I don't think that suits Shen's character because he's not an assassin...
: Before Ranked Play...
Acaxis has some really good advice, and to add to that I suggest reading champion guides for the champions you play, as well as watch a lot of gameplay videos. The gameplay videos will help you learn about match ups and even the skills of champions you haven't played yourself yet. Another thing that can help you is playing some ARAM games to try out champions you don't normally play and learn how to teamfight well. Hope this helps! :D
: Crit chance and attack speed are nice, but you need AD to actually deal significant damage. In addition, Infinity Edge or desirable due to the amplification of crit damage, which would put you over the top with SS and PD already purchased, wasting gold. If you need more attack speed, get Blade of the Ruined King instead of Bloodthirster.
This needs to be voted higher up because it's not only the crit that matters. It is better to build {{item:3031}} + {{item:3087}} than {{item:3046}} + {{item:3087}} on Yas because while you should be utilizing your auto attacks whenever you can, most of Yasuo's damage comes from landing his abilities (which gain more damage with AD, along with crit for his Q). So, it is better to have IE for the AD and crit with Shiv's AS and crit than just lots of AS and crit with both PD and Shiv. In addition, if we ask why Shiv is built instead of PD in the aforementioned case, then that is because of Shiv's cheap price and AoE magic damage. Due to Shiv being a cheap item, it is good to first-buy on Yasuo as it is easy to afford and gives an early power spike to him. The Aoe magic damage is great for when Yas can get those AoE ults on the enemy or wombo with his teammates.
: should you build PD AND Shiv on an adc?
I think Vayne is the only champion you can do that on. And, even then I'm not too sure, because I don't really play Vayne.
Kongo HD (EUW)
: I need help climbing
You can prevent your teammates from facechecking and dying by helping ward (upgrade your trink at level 9, try to always have 1 pink on the map, and buy a few greens early to help other laners). And, if you're trying to figure out when to push and get other objectives from picks, then I recommend watching some pro games and high elo games/streams. It's from watching those that I learned good decision-making in the game. Another thing that is REALLY good to keep in mind after studying high elo strats is: even if you disagree with your team's decision, it is often better to have the whole team commit to one decision than to be divided because when your team is divided, nothing gets done at all. Hope this helps! :)
: > [{quoted}](name=sbsp13668,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=EHh6AlUv,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-22T16:20:46.912+0000) > > Ah no, I think _you_ misunderstood _me_ (and I suspect that a language barrier is the reason for that). See: > > The AoE nerf to AP Ezreal is not important because it hurts his wave clear. Ezreal has always been relevant in the game regardless of the state of his wave clear. It's important because it reduces his spammable damage in teamfights. Look up any recent game with AP Ezreal in it and notice that he consistently does the most damage to enemies (unless he disconnected from the game...); this is because Runeglaive took his already spammable, mostly single-target spells and applied AoE to them for poke and in teamfights. AP Ezreal doesn't win games because of his wave clear alone, it's his teamfighting and poke that does. If it was only his wave clear that mattered, then he would easily be countered by Sivir, Ziggs, and other strong wave clear champions, but he has been OP because that is not the case. NO you are wrong on many levels but cba to aruge about this. I stated kalista hurrican for waveclaer/farming andu contra it with the exact SAME thing . AP ezreal needed a waveclear and thats what he got from runeglaive. THat alone let him to be a much higher threat. His dmg never was a problem. Ap ezreal was top dmg every game even be4 runeglaive.
> [{quoted}](name=Hasztalan2,realm=EUW,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=EHh6AlUv,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-22T18:37:33.813+0000) > > NO you are wrong on many levels but cba to aruge about this. I stated kalista hurrican for waveclaer/farming andu contra it with the exact SAME thing . > > AP ezreal needed a waveclear and thats what he got from runeglaive. THat alone let him to be a much higher threat. His dmg never was a problem. Ap ezreal was top dmg every game even be4 runeglaive. I'm going to try to be as nice as possible in saying this: you need to learn English before arguing with strangers on the English-speaking forum. Maybe you'll have better luck [here.](http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/)
: > [{quoted}](name=sbsp13668,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=EHh6AlUv,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2015-07-21T19:17:00.075+0000) > > I've never heard of anyone buying an item so they are able to farm. I've heard of people buying items for wave clear and to have enough mana to farm (like with Tear on Karthus and Anivia). But, I've never heard of needing to buy an item just to have the ability to farm. > > What do you do for the first few minutes of the game without Runaan's? Buy a support gold item? Obviously not. You learn how to farm on her even if it is "difficult". If you get BF or Pickaxe instead of Runaan's, then you have more AD making it easier to last hit, anyway. > > So, the reason to build Runaan's on Kalista is not to be able to farm, but to get amazing wave clear and AoE damage in teamfights (and reset her E's active with said AoE damage). Even if you meant that Runaan's is a must-buy for its wave clear, not the ability to farm, keep in mind that wave clear is not an essential ability to have in the game. Wave clear and the lack of are just skills that determine how to play that particular game. There are plenty of champions who have bad wave clear, but are not bad champions and are able to win games based on their other skills (for example, Vayne). No u misunderstood. Kalista can't shove a wave w/O hurrican - hence why it is a coree item . Think like AP ezreal. Apreal was a joke be4 the ONLY weak part about him got buffed with glaive : his waveclear. Same with kalista.
Ah no, I think _you_ misunderstood _me_ (and I suspect that a language barrier is the reason for that). See: >So, the reason to build Runaan's on Kalista is not to be able to farm, but to get amazing wave clear and AoE damage in teamfights (and reset her E's active with said AoE damage). Even if you meant that Runaan's is a must-buy for its wave clear, not the ability to farm, keep in mind that wave clear is not an essential ability to have in the game. Wave clear and the lack of are just skills that determine how to play that particular game. There are plenty of champions who have bad wave clear, but are not bad champions and are able to win games based on their other skills (for example, Vayne). The AoE nerf to AP Ezreal is not important because it hurts his wave clear. Ezreal has always been relevant in the game regardless of the state of his wave clear. It's important because it reduces his spammable damage in teamfights. Look up any recent game with AP Ezreal in it and notice that he consistently does the most damage to enemies (unless he disconnected from the game...); this is because Runeglaive took his already spammable, mostly single-target spells and applied AoE to them for poke and in teamfights. AP Ezreal doesn't win games because of his wave clear alone, it's his teamfighting and poke that does. If it was only his wave clear that mattered, then he would easily be countered by Sivir, Ziggs, and other strong wave clear champions, but he has been OP because that is not the case.
Rioter Comments
: I don't particularly care for the lighting color choice, but I could live with it, but I think it needs to be toned down so you can actually see the window's design. I feel as though the gold light rays contrast incredibly poorly with her outfit. Looking at her torso, the lighting is just all over the place. Realistic or not I'm not entirely sure, it still looks very "everywhere" Hair's also yay and eh. You ever wear your hair like that? It's not comfortable and it doesn't sit right, especially in motion. However I do like the design and coloring of it more than the current. Face is MUCH better than the current new splash though, by far.
I agree. She's a grand duelist who can spot enemies vital spots. How is she supposed to spot their vitals with hair in her face? The hair in her face look just makes me think she's an emo kid not worth taking seriously.
: > [{quoted}](name=sbsp13668,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=EHh6AlUv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-07-21T15:04:44.891+0000) > With respect to your {{champion:429}} build, you may want to consider building IE, BT, or BotRK first in solo queue. I find that {{item:3085}} is better on her with a coordinated team or a team with lots of AoE crowd control, allowing her to survive laning phase (with an item weaker than BF sword and BotRK) and to build up lots of stacks on multiple targets in teamfights. Just something to consider, but you may still be more comfortable using Runaan's. > > Hope this helps! Just no. {{item:3085}} is not a damage tool, it is mainly bought for its QoL ability to easen Kalista's farm ability which is falt out terrible. It is a must buy on her.
I've never heard of anyone buying an item so they are able to farm. I've heard of people buying items for wave clear and to have enough mana to farm (like with Tear on Karthus and Anivia). But, I've never heard of needing to buy an item just to have the ability to farm. What do you do for the first few minutes of the game without Runaan's? Buy a support gold item? Obviously not. You learn how to farm on her even if it is "difficult". If you get BF or Pickaxe instead of Runaan's, then you have more AD making it easier to last hit, anyway. So, the reason to build Runaan's on Kalista is not to be able to farm, but to get amazing wave clear and AoE damage in teamfights (and reset her E's active with said AoE damage). Even if you meant that Runaan's is a must-buy for its wave clear, not the ability to farm, keep in mind that wave clear is not an essential ability to have in the game. Wave clear and the lack of are just skills that determine how to play that particular game. There are plenty of champions who have bad wave clear, but are not bad champions and are able to win games based on their other skills (for example, Vayne).
Howldoom (NA)
: Got Demoted to Bronze 2; What Am I Doing/Thinking Wrong?
You seem to be aware that you have a tilt issue. To reduce tilt I listen to music while I play, have jokes for my itemsets' names, and joke around with my teammates. You're tilting pretty hard right now, though, so I think a short break from playing is needed. While you take a break I recommend watching some of [unswlolsoc's](https://www.youtube.com/user/unswlolsoc/videos) ADC guides. I don't play much ADC, but when I did I found myself doing very little damage. My issue was that in laning phase I was poking the enemies fine, but in teamfights my positioning was poor and I was not attacking as much as I should. Watching those guides helped teach me where to position in teamfights, and to keep my damage up. I imagine that the guides will help you considerably, since I noticed in your match history that you've been building a defensive item on your ADCs before your last item; with ADC a good offense is a good defense, so I think you should build your 4 offensive items plus boots first, then a defensive item. Also, in your match history, and I see that on your ADCs you build {{item:3087}} a lot. It's not a bad item, but {{item:3046}} is a better item for the late game, and a lot of bronze and low silver games go late. (Most of the games in your match history were over 30 minutes). So, I am of the opinion that you should build {{item:3046}} almost all the time on your ADCs in bronze/low silver games. Once you get to mid silver or higher, you can start choosing between the two items based on the situation and the results you think will be there. With respect to your {{champion:429}} build, you may want to consider building IE, BT, or BotRK first in solo queue. I find that {{item:3085}} is better on her with a coordinated team or a team with lots of AoE crowd control, allowing her to survive laning phase (with an item weaker than BF sword and BotRK) and to build up lots of stacks on multiple targets in teamfights. Just something to consider, but you may still be more comfortable using Runaan's. Hope this helps!
Destro (NA)
: Advice for Series into Gold
On top of changing your mindset towards those games, like others have said, you can reduce tilt by listening to music while playing. Another thing I've done to reduce my tilt and have more fun is give my itemsets (yeah I use them...) funny names to give myself a laugh at the start of the game.
: Help me decide what to do about ranked
I'll echo what everyone else has said: practice more in norms. It's good advice. Some more specific tips for you that I got from viewing your [match history](http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35579504#matches): * If you're playing an AP mid against and AD mid, rush Seeker's Armguard {{item:3191}} to build into Zhonyas {{item:3157}} . Learn about situational builds in general. * Don't build Thornmail on Yasuo at all. He's not a tank champion, so you won't be effectively using Thornmail. * You've practiced a lot of top and mid lane, and you should keep practicing them. However, since they are popular roles, you should learn jungle and support (which are both fairly unpopular roles) for the occasions in ranked when you will be forced to play those roles.
Wakamune (NA)
: Share random tips/observations
A tip that I think is especially relevant to the boards' community: keep in mind that if you keep losing to an "OP" or "easy to play" champion, then maybe you should play that champion to win more. Otherwise, don't whine about it so much; that champion will be nerfed eventually, if they are OP, and if they're not OP, then it's on you to learn how to deal with that champion. I think this mentality reduces tilt and keeps you humble as a player.
: Plat 5 needs help!
You have 5 losses on Tahm Kench. As a general rule, don't play new or recently reworked champions in ranked until you have thoroughly practiced them and they've become established in the meta. (So, maybe you did practice him well enough, but your teammates may still not be familiar with how he works). I haven't been past Plat 4, so I can't offer much to get you up into Diamond. Though, I've noticed while being in Plat that players know how to play against Blitz really well. Since he's your second-most played champion, you may want to focus on playing Thresh or another support more. But, if you have fun playing Blitz, then by all means do what you have fun with! Good luck! :)
: So, better dps and late game adc ?
I'd say Sivir. Sivir has strong basic attacks with her bouncing boomerang ability, giving her some nice AoE in teamfights. She's an excellent teamfighter, overall. And, she's rather safe in laning phase with her spell shield and poke. I think the hardest part about learning her will be learning how to time her spell shield against various abilities, but after that you should be good! :)
Lucky (NA)
: "Elo doesn't matter, muh game knowledge xD"
If the person is bronze and is giving advice without explaining the advice, then I think it's ok to disregard the advice based on them being bronze. But, if they explain the advice with sound reasoning, I don't see any issues with taking the advice. Just because they're in bronze, it doesn't mean that they're bad at _everything_ in the game.
: Olaf vs Yorick
I haven't played Olaf against him, but from what I've experienced on other top lane champions you basically need to wait out his early game. He has really good sustain early, so avoid fighting him until earliest level 6. He is not particularly good late game. But he can still be good late if he ults a late game carry during a teamfight (see Unicorns of Love vs. Fnatic 2015 Spring LCS Week 8 Day 2). Maybe try finding some videos of people playing against Yorick on various champions to see their power spikes versus Yorick and when to start fighting him in order to use them. Hope this helps! :)
: You should see normals draft. After enough reports, that's where they'll end up. But remember, there's no "prisoner's island". Because we casuals still queue there on occasion. :/
Should call it Jurassic Park/World instead. ;)
: Getting out of silver and into gold (hopefully)
Yes, you can climb out of silver by playing support. So, I'm not participating in the poll because there is no correct answer to it: all roles have an impact on the game; it is a team game, making all roles necessary as parts of the team. Your builds look good, as well as the amount of wards you're putting down. Your runes could use some work, in my opinion. You have two hybrid-style pages, one AD page, and one tank page. You should get rid of one of the hybrid pages, and for the other hybrid page use all 9 hybrid pen marks. On your tank rune page, get rid of the AP quints for some sort of tank glyphs. In my own tank page I have health per level yellows and flat armour quints, which is just my preference, but the flat AP quints are not as useful on a tank as tank quints are. Other than that, I suggest looking at your gameplay and watching gameplay videos and guides. Your positioning may be off or you may be warding ineffectively, but I can't see that from match history alone. Hope this helps a bit. GLHF!
Soullxz (NA)
: LOOKING FOR HELP
So, I checked out some of your match history, stats, runes, and stuff [here.](http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/44492104) If you are playing support, after getting your starting items, a sightstone {{item:2049}} should be your first item. Use the active of sightstone around objectives that your team is aiming to get. And, always use the active on the dragon and Baron pits, when dragon and Baron are alive (or just before they spawn). Do not wait until level 9 to upgrade your trinket for wards. **You are a burden to your team if you're not warding on support throughout all of the game (this includes early game pre-level 9).** Also, as support, you need to help clear wards. So, you should be getting red trinket {{item:3364}} after you buy sightstone, not holding onto the yellow trinket. Work on making some proper rune pages, since you only have 2: "shen" and "wtf". And, looking at your "wtf" page, I did say to myself, "wtf?" The reason why you have so many random runes on one page and no other rune pages made is something I can't figure out. Check out some guides to look up good rune combinations before you purchase any more runes/rune pages. Then, I checked out your ranked match history [here](http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA1/207219733) to see you in tryhard mode. In your most recent Shen game, you built thornmail first, then zz'rot portal, then spirit visage, and you were working on warmog's when the game ended. If you have 2800 gold in the mid game, do NOT spend it on zz'rot portal. Zz'rot is very much a circumstantial item; the only time I can really justify building it, similar to banner of command, is in a 4v5 situation to get the minions pushing harder. Spirit visage with warmog's is a good item combo, but you didn't have this combo because you prioritized zz'rot. Also, keep in mind that randuin's {{item:3143}} is a very strong armour item to build too (and, typically, thornmail is better as a late game item). **You build zz'rot on a lot of your champions, which you really shouldn't be doing because the gold is much more useful spent on other items. ** Looking at your Shen skill order, you may want to consider something that a friend of mine who plays Shen told me: if you max Q use it to duel and poke down your enemy laner. However, you should not max Q to sustain from the creeps because by maxing it you increase its damage, so it kills the creep you want to lifesteal from (and you don't want to kill the creep quickly if you need to auto it a bunch for the sustain). In this latter case, you should max W first, according to my friend. Another thing to do on Shen is pressure the enemy team by split pushing. As you are split pushing, watch for any teamfights, then use your ult on an ally to join the fight. (And, make sure you ward while you split or that you are split pushing while your teammates pressure another objective).
Elystia (NA)
: The losing streaks definitely seem to be remembered more, as do traumatic events that happen to us irl. I know this isn't my first stretch of losing. This one time I went on 10 game losing streak and then a 10 game winning streak right after. It was very odd.
I take that as a sign that you belonged in the ranking you fell from with your losing streak, if you were able to climb back so quickly! :)
: then you get ganked by her mid or one of her sidelane which you could've prevented with a warded river
In other words: I leave it unwarded, so we always know to play cautious (when there isn't a pink available). And, if we are playing appropriately cautious, then we should not fall susceptible to Eve's or her teammates' ganks. You shouldn't be pushing against Eve if you don't have gank paths pinked, as a general rule.
3tyson (NA)
: suport utility items
Frozen Mallet is one of the most expensive items in the game. You won't be able to afford it on support, whereas the enemy support will be building more affordable and more useful items before you. Black Cleaver is a good item for an AD support, but there aren't any AD supports, except maybe Ashe, that I've seen. Randuin's is a good support item, but it depends on your champion and how the enemy team is if you'll be building it and when you'll be building it. Edit: I noticed your comment. Are you saying that you're building Frozen Mallet and Black Cleaver on support LeBlanc? Yeah don't build Randuin's, Cleaver, or Mallet on LB because Cleaver and Mallet are AD items while Randuin's is a tank item. LB is a squishy, AP assassin. You should build AP support items: {{item:3001}} {{item:3092}} {{item:3165}} and {{item:3023}}.
: PINK WARDS FOR EVELYNNNNNNNNNN
This. Late game you need to buy this: {{item:3362}} If I don't have a pink or it's been cleared, I leave the river unwarded as a sign that danger can still come from there against {{champion:28}} .
: Fiora in higher MMRs
Top lane is typically expected to be a tank in solo queue, and Fiora is a glass cannon. Also, junglers and teamfighters prefer champions who have at least one form of crowd control (whether hard or soft) in their kit, and Fiora has no crowd control. You can itemize fairly easily against her, as well: zhonyas, morellonomicon, thornmail, randuins, and locket are easy to build against her. All that being said, if you get really experienced with her, you can probably still outplay your opponents. But, even then, I think Riot plans to rework her eventually, which may make all your practice almost useless.
Elystia (NA)
: What's your longest streak?
The losing streaks are more memorable to me, and the winning streaks come after placements, so it was several months ago. In my most recent losing streak I lost approximately 20 games, dropping me from Plat 4 to Plat 5 with 0 LP (staying and still losing with that 0 LP for quite a while). Eventually I won a game around Gold 3 ELO, and I've gone back to climbing since then. The losing streak started because I was fooling around a bit. For example, I played reworked Ashe for the first time in ranked with the encouragement of my teammates, even though I have a rule not to play new/reworked champions for the first time in ranked. XD There were a few 4v5's, but not many. Then, I had a break from playing while doing stuff IRL. When I came back, I was rusty at the game. By the time I played around Gold 3 ELO I had some more practice, and I've been keeping it up.
: Silver to Gold?
Improving mechanics for the most part just takes practice. I'd also recommend watching some [unswlolsoc videos](https://www.youtube.com/user/unswlolsoc/videos) that teach positioning and ways to land your skillshots more easily. Good luck! :)
Show more

sbsp13668

Level 65 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion