: So Riot has had their worst year in a long time...
When dungeon fighter online overtakes you, you know its bad, lol
crazÿ (EUW)
: no. you are playing talon and ezreal that`s why you need more damage to everything? THEY SHOULD REDUCE DAMAGE TO EVERYTHING
Sometimes I wonder if posting on the boards has a purpose when people comment without reading 3 sentences.
Rioter Comments
: To The Frustrated Players Talking About the Reporting System "Not Working"
10 points for careful propaganda, but -5 points for lack of logic. However, I'm sure Riot approves, regardless of how silly and flawed your point is.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: 14LP for wins, -22 for losses.
It's almost like they want you to play more games to get back to your starting MMR. It's almost like it's a carefully designed system that forces you to play constantly just to achieve what you already achieved. If i didn't know better, I would say they're doing it on purpose to make money, but that would just be crazy...
Rioter Comments
Jikker (NA)
: Hey guys, Let's make sure we leave any political discussions off this thread and focus more on discussing the issue as it relates to League and the other games rather than China's political climate. {{sticker:poppy-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-12-13T20:21:35.145+0000) > > Hey guys, > > Let's make sure we leave any political discussions off this thread and focus more on discussing the issue as it relates to League and the other games rather than China's political climate. > > {{sticker:poppy-wink}} Hey listen, there was a time in American history where we didn't cower away from offending commies. Corporate greed may have no allegiance, and maybe many Americans don't anymore either, but I for one am not going to pussyfoot around for fear of communist China on an American gaming website, in America. It's too bad that in 2018 it's too polarizing to claim that literal communists are being... ya know, communists.
: I've been 6/0, I've been 0/6
And the triggered award goes to.... Relax guy, it's ok. I think the bigger problem is that people that go 0/6 in a silver or bronze (or gold) game get mad if someone says you're bad. If you're 0/6 in a bronze game, you ARE objectively bad. Deal with it. Also, no, not every build is equally viable, and mobafire is garbage.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Did this game got any better since I left?
You thought Riot did something in only 2 months? You must be crazy, everything they've ever claimed to do is either next preseason, or "soon" (which actually means never).
Unwardil (NA)
: What makes you think you're describing two different problems? I think you will find that the reason Riot can't fix it's bloody game in a satisfactory way is the same reason they now think they're sexist.
That could be a very fair point. Smart man here (or woman, or nonbinary...)
: > [{quoted}](name=slippykitten,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AOE3Angv,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-12T16:22:01.881+0000) > > But, if you must be spoken to as a person born out of time, without the understanding of the common nuances of language, I&#x27;ll apologize. Aww, I'm sorry for not kissing your feet and falling in line <3 I know it's frustrating when people disagree with you, but you should really learn not to treat them like lesser beings when they do.
I can see communicating with you isn't of much value. I'll try one more time though. You didn't disagree with me, you failed to understand how a written language works. I never meant that absolutely nobody cared, but rather that the community as a whole has gone from flooding the front page to now complaining about everything else again. Your comment was that not EVERYONE has stopped caring, which was never the point of my comment (or the point of the post at all). Not sure how to speak to someone who is so completely lost in a basic dialogue...
: Claiming that nobody cares is rather presumptuous of you. You don't speak for everyone.
Fair enough, but generalizations are exactly that. Hyperbole is used to talk about a group in general, and it's a common colloquialism that we all understand. But, if you must be spoken to as a person born out of time, without the understanding of the common nuances of language, I'll apologize. I do not mean everyone, I mean most by the lack of threads on the front page regarding the sexism debacle. I'm sorry for offending you by using basic linguistic tools that are lost on this kindergarten country.
: Riot has stated multiple times over the past few months that they will address damage creep in preseason.
And before they stated that, they stated they would be addressing problems in other ways, multiple times. Firstly, their word is not reliable in what they're going to do "soon". There are countless cases of them claiming to do something that they never get around to, or simply change their minds on. Second, having the game in an atrocious, unplayable state for an entire season, then FINALLY admitting something is wrong, only to tell everyone to wait several more months for it to even attempt to be addressed, is ridiculous. If you know you screwed the game up now, then fix it now. We're not talking rocket science here. Three, they've actually been talking about damage creep for 4 years now, and it continues to get worse. They either have severe cognitive dissonance regarding their game, or they've been blatantly lying. fourth, and most importantly imo, we've not gotten a concise direction from Riot regarding what they want the game state to be like. There's no reason to be ok with a company that refuses to tell you what kind of game they even want to make. They are intentionally ambiguous so they can keep players strung along as long as possible while they intentionally cater to what they think the pro scene needs. All in all, them saying they'll get to this "soon" is absolutely zero comfort to me, and doesn't make games today any better.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=slippykitten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mJLNwWyJ,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2018-09-06T17:25:36.597+0000) > > I think you missed the point. Many would agree that a joke is different than actually telling people to kill themselves, but Riot themselves have been the one who vehemently attacks the notion that jokes that MIGHT be offensive (especially ones involving self harm) are acceptable. > > It&#x27;s about the utter and complete hypocrisy of a company that bans 10&#x27;s of thousands of players for making similar jokes in game but stands behind their own employees doing it. You simply cannot have it both ways. If you really think that it can't be both ways, in two completely different platforms, especially after creating one of them, then you've got it backwards. They made the game, they make the rules... They can definitely have it both ways. Maybe you'll have better luck boycotting.
> [{quoted}](name=Rorschaque,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mJLNwWyJ,comment-id=000600010001,timestamp=2018-09-07T12:34:26.762+0000) > > If you really think that it can't be both ways, in two completely different platforms, especially after creating one of them, then you've got it backwards. They made the game, they make the rules... They can definitely have it both ways. Maybe you'll have better luck boycotting. Well that tells me everything I need to know about you. You just admitted to their hypocrisy, and then defended them for doing so. Not much more to talk about with that kind of person.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AmWhaleIRL,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mJLNwWyJ,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-06T02:23:45.789+0000) > Daniel Z Klein, a RIOTER, just retweeted for Riot&amp;#039;s Male Playerbase to go committ suicide! And no, the fact that it&amp;#039;s a joke doesn&amp;#039;t make it even the tiniest shred less worse. This is FUCKING SUICIDE WE&amp;#039;RE TALKING ABOUT, IT&amp;#039;S NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT! You don't seem to get the concept of a joke. Somebody telling another person to commit suicide is not the same as somebody telling people with opposite views that they can go fuck themselves this way. Don't get me wrong, this guy is a shitbag and Riot standing by him speaks volumes of the moral character of the decision makers there, but no, a horrific thing being said in jest is always a lot less problematic than the same thing spoken while meaning it. That's the very point of jokes, that they aren't meant seriously.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mJLNwWyJ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:01:13.294+0000) > > You don&#x27;t seem to get the concept of a joke. Somebody telling another person to commit suicide is not the same as somebody telling people with opposite views that they can go fuck themselves this way. Don&#x27;t get me wrong, this guy is a shitbag and Riot standing by him speaks volumes of the moral character of the decision makers there, but no, a horrific thing being said in jest is always a lot less problematic than the same thing spoken while meaning it. That&#x27;s the very point of jokes, that they aren&#x27;t meant seriously. I think you missed the point. Many would agree that a joke is different than actually telling people to kill themselves, but Riot themselves have been the one who vehemently attacks the notion that jokes that MIGHT be offensive (especially ones involving self harm) are acceptable. It's about the utter and complete hypocrisy of a company that bans 10's of thousands of players for making similar jokes in game but stands behind their own employees doing it. You simply cannot have it both ways.
Rioter Comments
: League players don't have fun with League because Season 8 is garbage, period.
> [{quoted}](name=Douglas Funnie,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oEMk07mz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-30T01:07:36.419+0000) > > League players don&#x27;t have fun with League because Season 8 is garbage, period. League players haven't been having fun for 3 seasons though. I don't disagree season 8 is garbage, but if people are still playing a game they aren't having fun with, doesn't that prove my point?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: So, do we want to have a discussion about the Jacksonville Madden Shooting?
When children are constantly taught they are nothing but a pointless collection of cells and that the only thing that matters is their own personal happiness, there's no limit to the evil possible. How many times does this have to happen before people begin to realize there's a fundamental problem in the world view we're propagating?
: Today I laned against a Maokai
"When someone is texting and driving and smashes into you, don't get angry and blame him. Encourage him that everyone has a bad day driving and don't call the police or insurance." "When someone throws their lit cigarettes into the brush on the side of the road sparking a 1,000 acre wildfire, don't call the police or make him feel bad, encourage him that everybody burns entire towns down sometimes." Don't get me wrong, in your particular example, I agree 100% with you. Often, players are just mad they're losing and they just look for the lowest performing player to put the blame on. That isn't right, and you were good to defend him. **However,** it is also often the case that players die once, or twice, and then throw in the towel, give up, and decide to just continue to fight and hemorrhage kills. If you died 1v1 4 times, trying to 1v1 the same opponent a 5th time is akin to texting and driving; it's intentionally doing something stupid that can only produce detrimental results that affect people around you, and it's not ok. These are obviously difficult things to distinguish, and we don't need to make people trying their best feel worse for losing, but we also need to find a way to curb the constant players that give up and just throw their lanes and games away. Pretending either one doesn't exist doesn't help the problem. There's a ditch on both sides of the road.
: > [{quoted}](name=slippykitten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wyp7LOWG,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-23T18:56:52.101+0000) > > When people are so sensitive that even pings trigger them... > > It&#x27;s a strange world we live in these days. nice bait. youre the type of person i fucking hate. get a life. if im being spammed pinged over missing a q, im allowed to say someone toxic? you being what you are in the forums. guess what.. also toxic. congrats
> [{quoted}](name=ToxicFatPleb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wyp7LOWG,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-08-23T18:59:49.370+0000) > > nice bait. youre the type of person i fucking hate. get a life. if im being spammed pinged over missing a q, im allowed to say someone toxic? you being what you are in the forums. guess what.. also toxic. congrats "EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS TOXIC, AND I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING!!!" It wasn't bait, and I'm really not trying to be a jerk. If a ping over your mistakes triggers you this hard, you need to evaluate how you look at the world. I know it's popular to be offended by everything today, but it really isn't a valuable perspective. You're also missing that in response to your supposed "offenses" you were far angrier and toxic than anything you received. You just need to relax and learn that the world does not need to cater to you. If the pings annoy you, mute them and move on. If they affect you on a deep emotional level, that's reflective of a greater issue in your own character.
: > [{quoted}](name=slippykitten,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AJJ2Mw39,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-08-23T18:59:15.360+0000) > > Now, they exist only to milk this game for the shareholders for as long as they can and move on. Hey now, that's completely unfounded. Please do research and bring evidence before you start spouting conspiracy theories. _Edit: holy crap you guys, it **IS** a conspiracy theory. Real classy piling on the downvotes like that. Guess I have to edit the comment to prove my point, even though I already did prove it further down. It's like people don't read a conversation anymore they just respond to whatever catches their fancy._ This was debunked years ago. See here: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OV9yKyp6,comment-id=000400010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-23T22:27:09.053+0000) > > &quot;On December 16, 2015, Riot Games sold its remaining equity to Tencent Holdings.&quot; > > That remaining equity was like 7% of their shares. Tencent already owned the other 93%, and thus would have had &quot;shareholder control&quot; of the company already long before that point. We didn&#x27;t see evidence of Tencent forcing Riot&#x27;s hand before December 16, 2015 and we didn&#x27;t see it afterwards either. Riot has made a lot of questionable choices about the game, but those choices are their own, not Tencent&#x27;s. And another user's reply to that, further clarifying the information: > [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OV9yKyp6,comment-id=0004000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-23T22:31:52.025+0000) > > Even before the 93% Tencent had the majority for a while. And even before they had the majority they already owned a decent amount of shares. > Had to look up the exact dates on Wikipedia, but here&#x27;s the relevant timeline: > > So in reality Tencent could have forced Riot&#x27;s hand way earlier, not even a full two years after the release of LoL. > > Edit, in case one doesn&#x27;t trust Wikipedia as a source: > https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-02-04/tencent-said-to-be-near-deal-to-buy-riot-games-for-more-than-350-million
They were started by a passionate and small new gaming company - Fact The game grew, the dev's were communicative and constantly trying to please the players - Fact The game was bought out by Tencent - Fact Since then, the focus has gone to e sports, new ways to generate income (loot boxes), and making the game more approachable to new players - observable fact All but the conclusion is 100% founded and factual. The only variance in the conclusion is whether it is predetermined and intentional that the game is milked until it's demise, or if it will be an unintentional outcome of the above mentioned goals.
: > [{quoted}](name=Deathfall,realm=NA,application-id=ELUpwER8,discussion-id=GIWBugod,comment-id=00130001,timestamp=2018-08-22T21:37:01.712+0000)You guys really don&#x27;t seem interested in doing anything other than explaining to us why nothing ever gets worked on. > >Why bother responding to the question if you are not going to answer it? I understand this board is new, but I want to make it very clear that this sort of "holding Riot's feet to the fire" is NOT what this board is about, or what we will let it become. If you want to ask questions, that's one thing. If you want to effectively dismiss a Rioter's input because they didn't address the *specific* concern you wanted them to address, that's another thing entirely, and one that Gameplay+ is not intended for. It is also not how you A: get an answer to your questions or B: make Rioters feel like their comments and input is appreciated.
Asking a question, and when a Rioter comes in to not answer the question at all, then trying to clarify to get an actual answer is not acceptable? There's no point in communication if a thought cannot be explored and actual answers cannot be expected. Few people are interested in just "chatting" nonsensically about things without getting any actual information on direction or change. This is Riots problem, and this isn't helping. The community wants to know what is going on, what they can expect, if riot understands the issues and are taking steps to correcting them. If none of that can be achieved, then communication is COMPLETELY pointless.
: Congratulations Riotgames, you just lost a Season 1 veteran
"You're a big game company, not a three people in a cellar. Fix the shit you've caused." That is the problem. When they were "3 people" they had a passion for the game and a concern for the players. Now, they exist only to milk this game for the shareholders for as long as they can and move on.
: pinging me for missing skill shots.
When people are so sensitive that even pings trigger them... It's a strange world we live in these days.
NiGhT5SiGhT (EUNE)
: ***
If the damage creep of everything else is reduced, Azir would indirectly become stronger. But, I agree, he definitely could use some QOL help as well, and I certainly am not suggesting that we deny those kinds of things to champions that need them.
: Has it not occurred to you that buffing defense has the same net effect as nerfing damage? They effectively mean the exact same thing. Also, yes, there are champions that need buffs at the time. Some champion is too weak, clearing poorly, or whatever. There are reasons to buff, even if you and ~500 other people think damage is too high.
Actually, no, you're wrong. unless you mean buffing defense for EVERYTHING, which seems infinitely more complex. Damage isn't just high to champions, it's too high for objectives, for baron, for dragon, for jungle camps, and for minions. And by nerfing strong champions, you indirectly buff weaker ones. The opposite of this is how damage creep is created, and that's why the process needs to be reversed. I don't necessarily blame you for not understanding that, but Riot really should...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Aptest (EUW)
: Conclusion after full read: 1 A lot of innuendo and creative writing. But ultimately, a lot of nothing. Sexism at riot is not shown to a sufficient degree and the cases shown are as easily explained in other ways. 2 Riot has a very distinct and strict corporate culture, and maintaining it is a value for the company. They evaluate based also on personality and culture, not just the skill list in one's resume. Agree or disagree with them, that's the company that they want to have. This creates tention and lack of success / promotion for people who don't fit exactly. There's some bias in favor of men in result, but sexism is not the reason and the culture itself is not by nature sexist (it's just "boyish"). There's a lot of tension resulting from this. 3 Riot has a problem with it's HR people. Some of them (specifically the named woman at the beginning of article) prefer "Vagina" to "Fit"(EDIT: del:"skill", riot rates includes culture to high degree) (probably because they don't care enough about gaming, and therefore they care about other things). And they push this preference into the hiring and promotion pool, resulting in unprepared women being marked for promotion and being given tasks above their (short term potential) ability, resulting in failure. Since merit based social interactions eventually overtake one time efforts from HR, these earmarked failures are being overlooked by management when (because) of their lack of success (which is caused by their lack of readiness and HR's zeal). 4 Riot is trying to do better while maintaining it's core values. There's a real effort there to make things that are suitable for all the different segments of the player's community including women, LGBT, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Aptest,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zEwEnW6V,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-08T21:15:35.583+0000) > > Conclusion after full read: > > 1 A lot of innuendo and creative writing. But ultimately, a lot of nothing. Sexism at riot is not shown to a sufficient degree and the cases shown are as easily explained in other ways. > 2 Riot has a very distinct and strict corporate culture, and maintaining it is a value for the company. They evaluate based also on personality and culture, not just the skill list in one&#x27;s resume. Agree or disagree with them, that&#x27;s the company that they want to have. This creates tention and lack of success / promotion for people who don&#x27;t fit exactly. There&#x27;s some bias in favor of men in result, but sexism is not the reason and the culture itself is not by nature sexist (it&#x27;s just &quot;boyish&quot;). There&#x27;s a lot of tension resulting from this. > 3 Riot has a problem with it&#x27;s HR people. Some of them (specifically the named woman at the beginning of article) prefer &quot;Vagina&quot; to &quot;Fit&quot;(EDIT: del:&quot;skill&quot;, riot rates includes culture to high degree) (probably because they don&#x27;t care enough about gaming, and therefore they care about other things). And they push this preference into the hiring and promotion pool, resulting in unprepared women being marked for promotion and being given tasks above their (short term potential) ability, resulting in failure. Since merit based social interactions eventually overtake one time efforts from HR, these earmarked failures are being overlooked by management when (because) of their lack of success (which is caused by their lack of readiness and HR&#x27;s zeal). > 4 Riot is trying to do better while maintaining it&#x27;s core values. There&#x27;s a real effort there to make things that are suitable for all the different segments of the player&#x27;s community including women, LGBT, etc. Did you just try to defend riot by saying they weren't sexist, but that they just favor people with "boyish" qualities? Are you defending them even though they openly said that they didn't do right? Are you also choosing to ignore the example where a woman presented an idea but was shot down but a man was praised for presenting the exact same idea later? It's almost like people will deny anything that doesn't fit their confirmation bias. W/e guy, defend sexism if it makes you happy, I'm sure riot appreciates it.
Rioter Comments
: Riot employee behavior
But yeah, Riot is doing just fine as a the hypocritical, social justice warrior, liberal pc, illogical fools they are. Ban anyone who dares ask to report someone who trolls them, but your own employees can wish death on their own players. You guys are ridiculous.
: > This is what is considered extremely offensive? Declaring blatant truth is EXTREMELY offensive? Claiming that a support should ward is EXTREMELY infammatory, but apparently trolling is not. Well, this is your 6th penalty. The reform card text shows EXTREME because it is a ban that was escalated on the escalation schedule. We should probably update the verbiage to show more granular reasoning. > All I did was do what the natural response to trolling is to do, and be mildly upset about it. You are constantly trolling your teams, while pretending to be innocent in chat. Nearly every game you played recently, you are reported by multiple players, which is very far outside of the norm. I'd say you confirmed your theory that trolls get banned.
Ok, well if you're not going to address these issues without trying to dismiss them with ambiguous nonsense, I guess I'll just go ahead and start over, making sure I get video and screenshot proof. Maybe I'll just do 100 games or so this time, since I don't have infinite time to force you to see what Riot so desperately want's to pretend isn't a reality.
: "Every Game Is Winnable"
But don't worry, rest assured that player went on to play another game, and if anyone even mildly flamed them for it, they've been punished.
Beas7ie (NA)
: There's a guy that's gotten some attention for playing hundreds of ranked games and having about a 100% win rate with Jungle Yi, and intentionally throwing games as Tahm Kench(100% loss rate) just to keep his elo and mmr down. There are even clips of him as kench grabbing his teammates, running them into the enemy team and/or towers, then spitting them out to get them killed. Anyone wanna guess whether or not he's been banned?
> [{quoted}](name=Beas7ie,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-08-01T23:37:10.422+0000) > > There&#x27;s a guy that&#x27;s gotten some attention for playing hundreds of ranked games and having about a 100% win rate with Jungle Yi, and intentionally throwing games as Tahm Kench(100% loss rate) just to keep his elo and mmr down. There are even clips of him as kench grabbing his teammates, running them into the enemy team and/or towers, then spitting them out to get them killed. > > Anyone wanna guess whether or not he&#x27;s been banned? Yep, a hes been doing it for hundreds upon hundreds of games. Clearly intentionally throwing games, and theres a whole youtube video showing it with over half a million views. Checks op.gg - played a game 4 days ago, so as of then, he wasn't banned. JUST MAYBE, I'm not making this up.
: Come on man... this is tactics of dirty politicians. You are being HIGHLY misleading in your explanation. You did not only state facts and call a troll a troll. You seemed to talk constantly and bicker about every minor thing and hold debates in the middle of the game. That alone tells me you probably aren't being truthful in your explanation of "trolling" 250 games. If you're dishonest about one thing, you're probably being dishonest and misleading about other things as well. No credibility. Simpleton logic. Misleading explanation of what you actually did. No. You failed at your experiment.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2017-08-02T21:52:46.903+0000) > > Come on man... this is tactics of dirty politicians. You are being HIGHLY misleading in your explanation. You did not only state facts and call a troll a troll. You seemed to talk constantly and bicker about every minor thing and hold debates in the middle of the game. That alone tells me you probably aren&#x27;t being truthful in your explanation of &quot;trolling&quot; 250 games. If you&#x27;re dishonest about one thing, you&#x27;re probably being dishonest and misleading about other things as well. No credibility. Simpleton logic. Misleading explanation of what you actually did. No. You failed at your experiment. Well that was the experiment. Like I said, I only spoke in this manner after someone did something that blatantly and intentionally gave us a lower chance of winning. So I would point each one of these points out to my team, in a minorly passive aggressive way. Sure, I easily could've said nothing, but the point wasn't to fly under the radar this time. I even challenged Riots bans before the final one as being extreme for the things I had said. Their comment was exactly as yours that I shouldn't be talking or commenting on my teams plays at all, even if they're intentionally throwing games. The point was to show how passive and minor things have to be in chat to get banned and how blatant and obvious things can be done in the game and not get banned. This was shown pretty clearly. Now if you think what was said demands a permaban, then you're entitled to your opinion, but I think most people would call this very light.
: Not every time someone is playing badly they're "trolling" - it seems you confuse the two and thus you are the toxic one.
> [{quoted}](name=Sugar Momma,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d000000000002000000010000,timestamp=2017-08-02T21:02:58.473+0000) > > Not every time someone is playing badly they&#x27;re &quot;trolling&quot; - it seems you confuse the two and thus you are the toxic one. So without any evidence to suggest this, you feel comfortable dismissing my entire claim by assuming I don't know the difference between trolling and having a bad game? I'll tell you when I was trolling, it was very obvious I wasn't just having a bad game, I made it abundantly clear that I was hurting my own team and trying to lose. I understand the difference, and so does most of the community. Some trolls try to justify losing intentionally with this claim though, when actually as soon as they got behind, they gave up and stopped trying to win. And intentionally not trying to win is most definitely a form of trolling.
: If you're telling the complete truth, you purposely trolled hundreds of games just to see what would happen. Which means you're kind of a shitty person. If you aren't telling the truth, then you're a liar. Either way, why would I judge you to be an upstanding, trustworthy individual?
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d000000000002000100000000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T19:08:15.479+0000) > > If you&#x27;re telling the complete truth, you purposely trolled hundreds of games just to see what would happen. Which means you&#x27;re kind of a shitty person. > > If you aren&#x27;t telling the truth, then you&#x27;re a liar. > > Either way, why would I judge you to be an upstanding, trustworthy individual? So, in other words, there's no reason to address the realities and facts presented because you don't like the methods I used to get them? I didn't say it was a good thing to do, but I thought it was something that needed to be done to prove that trolls don't get banned.
: That's fine. I'm just pointing out that "what possible reason would I have for making things up?" is a really, really shitty defense.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d0000000000020001000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:49:36.085+0000) > > That&#x27;s fine. I&#x27;m just pointing out that &quot;what possible reason would I have for making things up?&quot; is a really, really shitty defense. Which makes sense if it's a defense. I'm not defending anything, I'm trying to incriminate myself. The only people who incriminate themselves are guilty people and insane people. Do I seem like a complete sociopath to you?
: >What compelling reason is there to make all that up Basic shits and giggles? To get a response from people? Just good old fashion trolling? I mean, have you never been on the internet before? People make up a ton of stupid crap and post it on the internet for little to no reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d00000000000200010000000000000002,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:32:42.626+0000) > > Basic shits and giggles? To get a response from people? Just good old fashion trolling? > > I mean, have you never been on the internet before? People make up a ton of stupid crap and post it on the internet for little to no reason. People make up stuff that can't be proven. At the time of the post, it was very easily proven or disproven. All someone had to do was check my match history from that season.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: >Are we really so far into ignoring and protecting trolls that I need an FBI level folder of compelling evidence to indict MYSELF? I literally admitted it, right after it happened, and claimed I should be banned. I guess I should have corroborated witnesses, and taken physical evidence, but I didn't believe it would be this difficult to prove my own guilt. There have already been cases where people claimed to have done bannable things without being banned, just to fuel mistrust in the system. I certainly don't understand **why** people do that, but it happens.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:29:17.524+0000) > > There have already been cases where people claimed to have done bannable things without being banned, just to fuel mistrust in the system. I certainly don&#x27;t understand **why** people do that, but it happens. Well if both of these posts, and the account history that riot certainly has access to isn't enough. I might have to make another account and troll with video proof, documenting every single game. I was hoping this was over now, and Riot might at least admit that they're system is painfully flawed, but apparently, I didn't do a good enough job.
: Kitten, I still think you're fighting the good fight here, and I think that a lot of the people who have posted here are acting like the very same toxic players that they pretend to hate. It's hilarious and ironic af how quickly these 'saints' actually do stoop to the level of toxicity despite their holier-than-though attitudes. Cognitive dissonance, anyone? They can't wrap their heads around it because Riot has been shoveling too much shit their way for so long. Just my opinion. Keep doing what you're doing. I think that it is shining some well-needed light on how broken their system is, and just because that makes people uncomfortable they are going to continue to hate on you, but I feel that you are handling yourself very well.
If I can get Tantram to come back and address any aspect of this post, and admit that clearly there are some faults, it would have been a success. I'm not sure that he's going to be willing to do that though.
: Hmm. I suppose. Idk. Rn there isn't any evidence so it DOES feel sketchy you gotta understand. & you say there's no reason but there ARE people who reallllllly hate riot and just try to make bullshit up to reduce credibility.
> [{quoted}](name=Skins Project,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d00000000000200010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:21:49.553+0000) > > Hmm. I suppose. Idk. Rn there isn&#x27;t any evidence so it DOES feel sketchy you gotta understand. &amp; you say there&#x27;s no reason but there ARE people who reallllllly hate riot and just try to make bullshit up to reduce credibility. If I was saying those things today, that would make sense, but I said those things a year and a half ago, when my account was in perfectly good standing. Why would i play the game normally, then lie about trolling, just to try to get my account banned? What possible sense would that make? Also, if I was lying about trolling, and riot actually commented, it would have increased their credibility to prove me a liar. There is exactly zero reason to make that up.
: > [{quoted}](name=slippykitten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d0000000000020001000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:17:53.967+0000) > > Which would have been a good idea, if I was more intelligent person. I made the assumption that when I posted on Riots forums that I had blatantly trolled 250+ ranked games, and detailed how I did it, and all my match histories were available, that they would have at least taken some kind of note. > > That&#x27;s my fault. However, what would I have gained in my first post by claiming I had trolled 250 ranked games, saying my account should be banned, when I had no punishments on my account? What ulterior motive could I have had at that point? What compelling reason is there to make all that up, especially when, at the time, all the evidence was right there to see? > > To dismiss is now seems a bit underhanded to me, since there would have been no reason for me to just make that up. This is weak logic. I might have missed it, but what was the time frame that you played these 250 games? And then you used that same account to conduct the second part of the test?
> [{quoted}](name=Ginger976,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d00000000000200010000000000000001,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:23:45.594+0000) > > This is weak logic. I might have missed it, but what was the time frame that you played these 250 games? And then you used that same account to conduct the second part of the test? This was 18 months ago, and they were all played in the same season, and consecutively. Then I made sure I waited enough time so they couldn't come back and say "actually you WERE banned for trolling before, it just took a min" before I did the second part of the test. They aren't going to ban me for what happened hundred of games ago and over a year ago. The trolling was acceptable, the mild chat logs were not. The first post was made right after I finished getting to bronze 5 0 lp, and I invited Riot to check it out, that was the whole point. If I was just lying, wouldn't that have been a really dumb thing to do? I would have been proved a liar in half a min. Also, if I was lying, and they bought it, and then banned me, what exactly would I have gained by that?
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: What kind of evidence did you present other than your word that you trolled? "All the games were there" is as much presenting evidence as "google it" is a source. Actually no. People can google most reliable sources in a finite amount of time, but people on the forums can't actually see all the relevant data from the games you supposedly trolled in no matter how hard they try. You didn't present evidence, you claimed to have evidence. That's a fundamental difference. Also please be so kind and back up the claim that they **intentionally** ignored your evidence, rather than them just not noticing it.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:17:53.368+0000) > > What kind of evidence did you present other than your word that you trolled? &quot;All the games were there&quot; is as much presenting evidence as &quot;google it&quot; is a source. Actually no. People can google most reliable sources in a finite amount of time, but people on the forums can&#x27;t actually see all the relevant data from the games you supposedly trolled in no matter how hard they try. > > Also please be so kind and back up the claim that they **intentionally** ignored your evidence, rather than them just not noticing it. That's fair, and I should have taken video of those games. I made a false assumption that with thousands of reports, a match history of feeding and blatantly wrong builds and all losses, and a detailed confession, that it was pretty obvious I had been trolling. Are we really so far into ignoring and protecting trolls that I need an FBI level folder of compelling evidence to indict MYSELF? I literally admitted it, right after it happened, and claimed I should be banned. I guess I should have corroborated witnesses, and taken physical evidence, but I didn't believe it would be this difficult to prove my own guilt. To your second point, I can't prove they saw the post and intentionally ignored it. I can say that it is a bit suspicious that Tantram commented on it over a year later though. I can also say, confidently, that they intentionally ignored the thousands of reports i garnered while I was trolling. But a few reports from very mild chat logs gets all that data, and that appears to be totally legitimate right? This is so silly...
: I think he ment like photos of the histories... I.E. considering you put 250 games, it's safe to assume (generally) you have some like... Photos? Full game clips? Something?
> [{quoted}](name=Skins Project,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1E9VecaA,comment-id=000d000000000002000100000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:14:12.475+0000) > > I think he ment like photos of the histories... > > I.E. considering you put 250 games, it&#x27;s safe to assume (generally) you have some like... Photos? Full game clips? > > Something? Which would have been a good idea, if I was more intelligent person. I made the assumption that when I posted on Riots forums that I had blatantly trolled 250+ ranked games, and detailed how I did it, and all my match histories were available, that they would have at least taken some kind of note. That's my fault. However, what would I have gained in my first post by claiming I had trolled 250 ranked games, saying my account should be banned, when I had no punishments on my account? What ulterior motive could I have had at that point? What compelling reason is there to make all that up, especially when, at the time, all the evidence was right there to see? To dismiss is now seems a bit underhanded to me, since there would have been no reason for me to just make that up.
Show more

slippykitten

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion