Rioter Comments
: Who is joining TSM?
Rumors have it that Haunzter of Gravity is frontrunner for TSM top lane. No news on Jungle or Support yet. A good idea would be to monitor the official TSM twitter https://twitter.com/TeamSoloMid they say they make official announcements within 24 hours of signing the player.
: I've got no problem with TSM, it's just that NA teams can't get out of the first round even when they've got 4 chances to get a single win in a day.
Not gonna lie, was a disappointing showing by NA, especially on that second Group Stage day.
: Azir Xerath Gangplank Twisted Fate Graves Miss Fortune Kindred Thresh Hecarim Kalista Mordekaiser Karthus
Cheers mate. :)
Rioter Comments
: Massive bug in game 1 of SKT vs OG.
To me, it was like Kennen flashed into the Azir wall, but for some reason he was still able to move in an incremental, start-stop motion.
Rhlax (NA)
: krepo's voice is boring
I appreciate Krepo's analyses most of the time. The only thing that bothers me about him is when he tries to be a color caster and a play-by-play caster at the same time. It sometimes gets confusing when he inadvertently competes with the actual play-by-play caster and I can't understand what either of them said, or just when he tries to play-by-play, because he's stronger at being a color caster than a play-by-play.
: What if Morde were to be the first multi-title champion?
So he could be the Master of Metal _and_ the Lord of Death.
Rioter Comments
: funniest shit {{champion:74}} vs {{champion:74}} mid. NOTHING EVER HAPPENS
Proxy-farm with turrets all game long.
: Twitch IRL: I was sneaking!
Which game was this?
Eeyore (EUW)
: I dislike what the setting does to Demcia's image. I'm aware stories like to draw parallels to real-life issues so that readers can empathize - but Demacia has never shown any what-would-be-considered-by-contemporary-standards-to-be-oppressive behavior toward females in the past. In fact, females make-up the majority of Demacia's representatives in the League (back when the Institute existed, although it's still true). Demacia has it's glaring social issues - but both men and women have always had equal opportunities to be monsters.
Post-retcon: Demacia is sexist.
Bídoof (NA)
: AHQ vs Fnatic
Honestly, I feel like FNC _could_ take first seed....I mean tilting and upsets have to happen, right? It can't just be the strongest teams on paper/reviewing previous plays. Look at Worlds last year, and IEM Katowice back in March (The Flash Wolves, Team WE, GE Tigers). I feel like Fnatic is underrated by most casters and analysts for some reason, even after the impressive performance they put up at MSI...And they've gotten better since then. I do realize that the 18-0 record may not be that impressive considering EU is a weaker region than Korea and China (The analysts and casters say that Fnatic's weaknesses are in the early game, which is something that some teams in EU _did_ exploit, but they just couldn't close games fast enough and misplayed mid/late-game so Fnatic came back and won the game. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I'm not saying Fnatic is the best team at Worlds, but I don't feel like they're weak either - I feel like they can stand toe-to-toe with some of the Eastern teams, and I think they have a good chance at making Quarterfinals.
: What Group Stage match-ups are you most excited for?
Group A: Not super-excited for anything here, except maybe CLG vs YFW. And just CLG in general - see how they do on the international stage. Group B: FNC vs C9, FNC vs AHQ Group C: SKT vs EDG, see how H2K stack up internationally. Group D: Every TSM and OG game, especially the TSM vs OG game.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=spcc309,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IpZqisQK,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-09-08T18:23:41.330+0000) > > I agree - there's no real difference between the normal yellow 'caution/retreat' ping and the red exclamation point 'danger' ping. I've found it to be quite different in practice. The "yellow" pings for caution are more frequently used so when someone breaks out the reds, people tend to think it's pretty important. As for the people who think "Caution" is more threatening than "Danger!".... well, I could take the time to think of an analogy for them, but I'll keep it simple and just say that we should probably just ignore them.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IpZqisQK,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2015-09-08T22:39:58.483+0000) > > I've found it to be quite different in practice. The "yellow" pings for caution are more frequently used so when someone breaks out the reds, people tend to think it's pretty important. > > As for the people who think "Caution" is more threatening than "Danger!".... > ell, I could take the time to think of an analogy for them, but I'll keep it simple and just say that we should probably just ignore them. My mistake - I consider there to be a difference in the yellow "caution" ping and the red "danger" ping, and I use them in different situations. I consider the red "danger" ping to be more urgent and important than the yellow one. I meant that I've seen some people on boards talk about the two, and that they say red "danger ping" and yellow "caution" ping are reversed in importance for them because of the sound it makes - to them, the red one sounds less threatening/important, and the yellow one is more urgent, so they use them that way.
: Just make the danger ping a "warded ping"
I agree - there's no real difference between the normal yellow 'caution/retreat' ping and the red exclamation point 'danger' ping. And I've realized that a lot of people interpret the two differently. I consider the yellow one to be less urgent than the red one, others say (and use it) the opposite - red less urgent than yellow.
: **Experience in Tutorial:** Build Thornmail on Ashe! Good work! Now you're ready to play the game for real! **Experience in PVP:** Stupid f*@&er y u build thronmail on Ashe?! U'R SO BAD! OMFG N00B UNINSTALL AND KILL URSELF!!1!
: That's it Riot, I Officially Quit
lol, thought this was serious for a second. You right, tho man - it's preposterous. It's also discriminatory - how come every other champion's Dance don't scale with movement speed? (Or do they already?)
: That feeling when you place more wards than the support but the only gold you spent on wards was the trinket upgrade cost
For some reason, I almost always place more wards than the rest of my team, except for my support, and sometimes more than each player on the enemy team (I play ADC and usually upgrade yellow trinket rather than going for blue - it's better for my survival since I find myself split-pushing by myself a lot)
: Upgrade your trinkets
After I discovered that you could upgrade trinkets, it became standard for me, especially for Yellow trinket, which is essentially a weaker, mini-Sightstone.
High5 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=spcc309,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iZrbej9h,comment-id=00090002,timestamp=2015-08-29T17:59:20.825+0000) > > And this is why I have not played ranked yet. I'm a decent/good ADC (which I main), I know the basics of support and mid, but have never played them in Normals, so I'd probably need a few games to adjust to playstyle and playing against a real human who thinks and has reflexes as opposed to bots. > > I know slightly less about jungling and would probably play bots for a while to figure out camp starts, pathing, which ones to use smite on and when, ganking, etc. > > I'd probably start playing top more if I were to aim for knowing a few roles before going into ranked, because I've played it before in normals with a simple "play safe, get as much farm as possible, become tank for mid/late-game" mindset with Sion, and have had a few decent games. (Unless I'm up against Riven.) I think all chat talked about this and I agree with Dash. Decent at 3 roles is really required for ranked at any level. Being competent at the other two should be mandatory. You can basically skate through bronze by not feeding and playing around the obj timers. You'd be surprised by how many people fail those two basic criteria. Few people at any level can carry 0/5 carries or 0/10 anyone at 20 mins.
Think I saw that episode, and I agree too. Which is why, again, I have not played ranked, since I doubt I've achieved a level of competence with top lane. On a side note, are bronze players really that bad? It almost sounds like they're full of players who've just downloaded the game.
Divewing (OCE)
: I have to disagree with you on your title, you should have basic enough knowledge to play each role. Should you be able to play every role perfectly? No. The reason I say this is because you get people who say: "I can only play mid" Ok, but the next team your with might not care. At some point, you WILL BE EXPECTED TO PLAY YOUR WORST OR LEAST FAVOURITE ROLE. Asides from that, it's rude to all the players who do make sacrifices, and play for the team. What your time is too important to not bother learning?
And this is why I have not played ranked yet. I'm a decent/good ADC (which I main), I know the basics of support and mid, but have never played them in Normals, so I'd probably need a few games to adjust to playstyle and playing against a real human who thinks and has reflexes as opposed to bots. I know slightly less about jungling and would probably play bots for a while to figure out camp starts, pathing, which ones to use smite on and when, ganking, etc. I'd probably start playing top more if I were to aim for knowing a few roles before going into ranked, because I've played it before in normals with a simple "play safe, get as much farm as possible, become tank for mid/late-game" mindset with Sion, and have had a few decent games. (Unless I'm up against Riven.)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chaton,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BzQovXyv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-08-26T04:13:14.250+0000) > > There should just be two different NA servers. They did it for Europe and Latin America. > > I live in Alaska, and I'm still waiting for the dust to settle. However it looks to be around 95 at the very best, and 140 at the worst. I used to get a steady 52 when they were in Portland, and that was perfect. > > I would never have started playing if I saw that my ping was very high, and I'm sure many of us feel that way. I don't think we should be held accountable for lost games if our ping is this bad. They literally left us with no other options. Before anyone from the eastcoast says anything, I used to live in Tennessee and having ping that is 100-110 sucks I know, but Hawaii and Alaska are now having it much much worse than east coast ever did.
People say it's not really about 'high ping', but its stability. You can adapt from having 34 ping to 110 ping if you constantly have 110 ping. It'll take a few games, but you'll adjust for skillshots, last-hitting, etc. And, honestly, 110 ping isn't that much of a delay. Now, if I had 250 ping, but it was stable, I don't know how I'd do. However, I used to get ~95 ping, but I haven't been on since the server move.
: He's pretty good but not everyone is a good Lucian. It also depends what support you play, he does amazing with Thresh (whom I don't play myself). I've had good success with him with Janna and Nami too.
I agree, they say Lucian's still pretty strong, but I haven't been good with him - maybe I just need practice, but I went back to my normal ADCs (Sivir, Jinx, Tristana, Kalista, etc.) Have you tried Braum? Lucian's passive works well with Braum's. The double-shot helps proc the stun faster. Pulled it off a couple times.
: Urgot E can shred armor though. It's also a DoT, so it can apply Black Cleaver stacks like crazy.
I don't think he ever built Cleaver - I just know his harass on the enemy duo lane was pretty OP.
Serevas (NA)
: That's what I was testing, after 10 days it doesn't lead to anything apparently.
Hmm, okay. In that case, I guess I'll look into the OBS too. Thanks for the replies! :)
Rioter Comments
Serevas (NA)
: It's basically an executable file, it plays straight through the league client as though you were spectating a game. The issue is that the .bat files on OP.GG are only available for 10 days, after 10 days the files no longer go anywhere and instead crash your client. I'm going to play around with OBS and see if that presents a better opportunity for self recording.
If you download the .bat file, can't you still play it through the client, or no?
: AD support
Several months ago, one of my friends ran Urgot support for several weeks. It actually worked out, surprisingly, as long as the enemy team didn't realize you were both AD and just stacked armor. One of the benefits to Urgot support was mind games during the pick/ban phase, because this was shortly after Keane ran Urgot mid, so everyone assumed Urgot was mid.
: Adc first items
Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Berserker's Greaves, Bloodthirster or Last Whisper, then the other one, and the last one is situational (Either GA, or Mercurial Scimitar). Most ADCs do not build BT first, unless you're someone like Kalista (But you should build Blade of the Ruined King on her first, actually, not BT). Most ADCs build Infinity Edge first, followed by the attack speed/crit boost (Phantom Dancer or Shivv). I used to like getting Shivv because I built into it with Avarice Blade, but Phantom Dancer, overall, on most of the ADCs I play now (Sivir, Jinx), is better, because they both have their own versions of waveclear.
Serevas (NA)
: I use OP.gg The website gives you the option of recording your games, and you can grab the replays off of their site, I think it saves them for 10 days, but you download a file for it anyway, and they're very small files. I'm not sure how the .bat files work exactly, I can update you in two days to make sure my oldest recorded game is still available or not. Alternatively you could stream your games on twitch and select the option to save VODs, I think Twitch saves your past streams for a very long time if not eternally, and who knows you could get a following and make some money at it. As to your decay question, Gold does not decay, I think Platinum does, but diamond and everything above certainly does decay. So no you have no decay worries when it comes to being in gold. The only thing to worry about is getting demoted through losses.
I've been thinking about using OP.gg. What's a .bat file, and how can I play it? Will Windows Media Player work?
Ireneus (NA)
: Announcer Voice Choices
I cracked up every time I heard him say "Your ally has lost his innards."
: Consistent rule for summoner spells, runes and masteries in Team Builder
This should be fixed.....but it's not a huge deal. The simple solution is to CHECK YOUR RUNES, MASTERIES, AND SUMMONER SPELLS before you hit "Ready".
: Champions similar to Leona, Amumu, Annie?
You can try out Nautilus for top or support, and Thresh for support. Those are my instinctive thoughts.
: Hyperlight Alpha blade has 2 ends to it, the only 2 champions I can think of with that sort of weapon are Renekton and Wukong. They also both have skills that can deal with multiple targets.
I might be way off here, but isn't Irelia's weapon 2-ended? Though I don't know how a PROJECT: Irelia skin would go over...
Rioter Comments
: Need Help Picking A New ADC
Out of the two options, I feel like Graves is the stronger ADC. I don't play him, but I always dread laning against him. He's bursty with his combo after level 6, has an escape (the dash), and I believe he has one of the highest HP pools out of the marksmen. I've mained Sivir for the last two months and have found lots of success with her, so I'd recommend trying her out.
: [LORE DISCUSSION] Omni-Post
Are you still making these? I read through a few of them and really enjoyed them.
DWT12345 (NA)
: Act Three today
I gotta say, I didn't know how the new lore would work without the League of Legends. Bilgewater event has proved that it is possible, and I LOVED Act 3, how it furthers the characters' story (TF, Graves, Miss F). Don't know how they'll pull off GP's death, but, hey...I'm likin' this new lore. If only it could come a _little_ faster, 'cause I want more.
Rioter Comments

spcc309

Level 117 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion