: Rito you filled my tear
Update: Day 6, Summoner X still patrolling the rift.
Kartagia (EUNE)
: I am now testing the Riot promise - I check daily until I see kys telling player in my game gets ban
Lol, I am doing the same thing in another thread on here. In fact let me do my daily check..... Edit: Still playing... 6 days after
: It was probably an automated response and they haven't actually looked into it yet. I'm pretty sure they have backlogs of reports so they can't just look at them immediately. Gotta keep in mind and understand that millions of players on this game daily. Have some understanding of the vast, massive amount of people that is. A MILLION. It doesn't sound like a lot these days, but it is.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VAELcOEM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-07-11T22:31:20.914+0000) > > It was probably an automated response and they haven't actually looked into it yet. I'm pretty sure they have backlogs of reports so they can't just look at them immediately. Gotta keep in mind and understand that millions of players on this game daily. Have some understanding of the vast, massive amount of people that is. A MILLION. It doesn't sound like a lot these days, but it is. Hello, My name is "X" with Player Support. Thank you for taking the time to log on and send a ticket in. I will investigate into this behavior. Although I can't tell you exactly what I'm going to do for privacy reasons, but I'll let you know that wishing death on other players is a serious offense. With that being said, please keep using the in game report feature as well, it helps us so much to track and deal out punishments. If you have other concerns let me know, other wise I wish you the best in the future matches! Fyi: I didn't mention in the ticket it was for death threats so they have had to read the chat I posted to make the statement they did. I understand there's volume. I also understand how a support ticket based operation functions. I would have lost my job if I closed a ticket saying I would look into something and didnt. Which leads me to my original premise of : Is the answer A or B as stated above? Edit #1: here is the chat in question.. I have to admit that I am not sure the asterisks are a homophobic slur. It just seemed to fit the context and was the only 3 letter word I thought they might censor. Summoner Y: well cy@ *** try hanging ur self next time its way faster then bleach, dont snap the rope this time LOOL Edit 2: When I copy and paste it it only puts one asterisk, in the ingame chat it was 3, as well as the copy and paste I did into the ticket.
: Rito you filled my tear
That's not exactly the point, it wasn't just a report that one day might add up... I received a direct response from a Riot employee saying they would look at it. So either A. That speech isn't an auto punish with increased severity or B. A case doesn't actually make them look at it and is the same as just hitting "report" in game. If it is B, then don't reply and close the ticket with a reponse saying it is being looked into, or at least clarify you mean metaphorically.
Rioter Comments
: I have no proof
Wonder if it is the same guy I ran into. He queued as jungle then just ignored lanes, towers, team fights, etc. In chat he kept saying "we still got this" and "just wait till late game"...even when they were knocking down our nexus turrets while he farmed jungle, kept saying "we got this". I'm pretty sure he was still saying it as the Nexus was exploding... I'm not even sure if I reported him as none of the categories seemed to fit.
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
You deceived me into supporting you Jihn. Don't tell me that you're innocent, because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry. Now, who approached you first? Barzini or Tattaglia?
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
Oh wow, they confirmed the logs were accurate and then picked out a piece that doesn't seem toxic at all. Encouraging people to keep trying and farm up. Meep had to feel like an idiot typing that.
4Jhín (NA)
: UPDATE: I finally got a reply, although it was just the typical automated message so I am going to continue with the support tickets until I can get an answer from a live person.
> [{quoted}](name=4Jhín,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=0049,timestamp=2017-06-17T17:04:03.935+0000) > > UPDATE: I finally got a reply, although it was just the typical automated message so I am going to continue with the support tickets until I can get an answer from a live person. Aye, I figured that would happen and is why I wished a red would post in here. A few posts up someone mentioned that they rarely post here, that's not how it use to be. You used to be able to come to this forum and see Red's smiting multiple times daily. Did they lay off all the people that use to do it? Did someone in management suggest customer service was to good? Hell give me access, throw a "Riot Twogirlsonelane" tag on me and I'll pick up where yall left off for free.
Elikain (EUNE)
: Riot answers support tickets 100%. Sometimes, they may answer a bit later due to a large amount of tickets they receive. I personally have been delayed a rare few times but that's really not a big concern to me. Here, fishing for a Red's reply is a shot in the dark at best. Not because Reds don't care but because this isn't where people should go to solve their problems only Riot Support can help with. My suggestion is to talk to them, not us. And don't really give up after the first ticket, where they repeat that you were punished for this and that. If you believe this is an unjust ban (which by the look of the evidence, it seems like it), you need to press the issue and get to the bottom of it. But try to do so in a civil manner, getting angry at someone at the other end for a likely mistake isn't going to help anyone. We can upvote you to raise visibility to this issue but that's all we can do. Even if your thread is upvoted, it does not guarantee that a Red will be summoned.
> [{quoted}](name=Elikain,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=0001000500000000,timestamp=2017-06-17T10:25:03.250+0000) > > Riot answers support tickets 100%. Sometimes, they may answer a bit later due to a large amount of tickets they receive. I personally have been delayed a rare few times but that's really not a big concern to me. Here, fishing for a Red's reply is a shot in the dark at best. > Not because Reds don't care but because this isn't where people should go to solve their problems only Riot Support can help with. > > My suggestion is to talk to them, not us. And don't really give up after the first ticket, where they repeat that you were punished for this and that. If you believe this is an unjust ban (which by the look of the evidence, it seems like it), you need to press the issue and get to the bottom of it. But try to do so in a civil manner, getting angry at someone at the other end for a likely mistake isn't going to help anyone. > > We can upvote you to raise visibility to this issue but that's all we can do. Even if your thread is upvoted, it does not guarantee that a Red will be summoned. Aye, it doesn't guranteed it, but you would think almost 100 upvotes would summon some attention. Support for a banned player, that provides their logs almost never happens in this forum. Usually the cause is obvious and it's downvoted to oblivion.
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
Just giving you that daily bump, though not to sure it is going to help.
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
Any update OP? They sure as hell are ignoring it here.
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
179 comments, 72 upvotes... one mod who only addressed a troll poster and no red.... Gg riot, gg.
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
Oye, of all the possible 130+ to reply to the mod responds to that one. There are obvious people that troll here talking about how they got banned and riot is evil, and then some of us are concerned, if these logs are accurate, that the system is a hyper agressive at 14 days.
nGio (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=nGio,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-06-15T21:35:29.956+0000) > > Who gives a shit? "Come top" could be found offensive, and it probably is to a large swath of the thin skinned new gen turds who will wind up leading our planet to the guillotine when aliens land here and deem our planet a complete shitcan of weaklings. > > The gaming community used to be so much tougher, smarter, and funnier in my days as a wee lad in Diablo. Everyone now is so hip, serious, and political. The arguments on gaming boards have become identical to arguments being had on FOX News and MSNBC. > > We need a hard reset to take gaming back to fucking around and having a good time, without feelings or politics getting involved. I'm not sure you followed what I was saying. I was stating the criteria I use and dont use to find if something is valid and I don't think it'd anywhere close to valid here... based off the 2 logs as presented.
: For everyone saying that he must have edited the logs, I have been banned for less than this shit, although just 10 game chat ban, but still. It doesnt matter if you were super toxic or not, if you were you will just get banned faster but even if you werent toxic at all you will get banned all the same IF you manage to get reported 3-4 games in a row, that is how the system works. There were games where I was super toxic, telling people that they are stupid imbeciles and I 100% got reported and didnt get banned, because it was just 1-2 games, but there were 4 games in a row where I called people immature and children (because apparently that day I was playing with spoiled kindergarten brats) and I got banned immediately. Automated system will always be a dumb system when it comes to shit like this. But of course, god forbid it detected people inting in 200 games in a row, that is so fucking hard...
> [{quoted}](name=DoktorKaiser,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=002f,timestamp=2017-06-15T20:52:29.348+0000) > > For everyone saying that he must have edited the logs, I have been banned for less than this shit, although just 10 game chat ban, but still. It doesnt matter if you were super toxic or not, if you were you will just get banned faster but even if you werent toxic at all you will get banned all the same IF you manage to get reported 3-4 games in a row, that is how the system works. There were games where I was super toxic, telling people that they are stupid imbeciles and I 100% got reported and didnt get banned, because it was just 1-2 games, but there were 4 games in a row where I called people immature and children (because apparently that day I was playing with spoiled kindergarten brats) and I got banned immediately. > Automated system will always be a dumb system when it comes to shit like this. But of course, god forbid it detected people inting in 200 games in a row, that is so fucking hard... I would be VERY suprised if your logs were weaker than this one and you got punished.... I mean these logs, as presented, are basically nothing.
Cosnirak (NA)
: >Yes, but in both cases the action COULD tilt someone Anything _could_ tilt someone. That's not the point. It's about whether something most likely will upset most reasonable people. And being tilted and being upset aren't quite the same thing, though they're close. >In both cases you are assuming the reaction it will cause, which isn't what cases are supposed to be judged on. I highly disagree. If I shoot someone in the face with a .45 other people assume that my intention was to kill them, even though that's not quite a guarantee nor necessarily what I was thinking. But it's reasonable to assume that was my intention unless sufficient evidence proves otherwise. Even if it fails to kill them it would be rightfully considered attempted murder. >If that were the case, Mr. Peanut head from my game might qualify because some people might be tilted from non sense in a ranked game. Anyone tilted merely by some nonsense words in a ranked game shouldn't be playing anything online with strangers... However, that is not a fair comparison to what the OP said at all, which is my point here. Effectively saying "y u mad bro?" and whatever the other person said about peanut heads are two very different things. If I call someone a filthy n-word there's a chance they will take it very well, some would even just laugh and not care at all. That doesn't mean I can expect to say it to strangers and not have them get upset or report me for it in League. _Reasonable expectations_ matter and yeah it's a grey area at times. That doesn't mean people should never get in trouble for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Cosnirak,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=0010000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-15T20:51:56.005+0000) > > Anything _could_ tilt someone. That's not the point. It's about whether something most likely will upset most reasonable people. And being tilted and being upset aren't quite the same thing, though they're close. > > I highly disagree. If I shoot someone in the face with a .45 other people assume that my intention was to kill them, even though that's not quite a guarantee nor necessarily what I was thinking. But it's reasonable to assume that was my intention unless sufficient evidence proves otherwise. Even if it fails to kill them it would be rightfully considered attempted murder. > > Anyone tilted merely by some nonsense words in a ranked game shouldn't be playing anything online with strangers... However, that is not a fair comparison to what the OP said at all, which is my point here. Effectively saying "y u mad bro?" and whatever the other person said about peanut heads are two very different things. > > If I call someone a filthy n-word there's a chance they will take it very well, some would even just laugh and not care at all. That doesn't mean I can expect to say it to strangers and not have them get upset or report me for it in League. _Reasonable expectations_ matter and yeah it's a grey area at times. That doesn't mean people should never get in trouble for it. I think the disconnect is that I am looking at this as if it came up in tribunal and I have to hit a button. When you did tribunal there were guidelines to why you would punish and, I could be wrong its been awhile, one of them wasn't "What is the probability someone might be upset by these words?".
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
When the mid doesn't call Mia he needs to do what I do, spam question marks and ask the assclown wtf he was doing.. Haven't been banned yet.
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
Maybe the first letter of each line spells out something bad.... brb.
4Jhín (NA)
: UPDATE: Still no reply on my support ticket, and no Rioter comments on this thread.
> [{quoted}](name=4Jhín,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2017-06-15T20:36:40.912+0000) > > UPDATE: Still no reply on my support ticket, and no Rioter comments on this thread. Aye, and no mod comment either and they are all over this place like flies. It's like your holding your 4th shot and Riot just threw you in Tahm Kench's belly.
Cosnirak (NA)
: Yeah I've seen enough threads like this and Tantram's posts in them to know those first 3 are all possible. >D. The system is set up at the 14 day ban stage to pick up almost anything to the point of typing Spear's "Toxic" lyrics would get you permaed. xD
> [{quoted}](name=Cosnirak,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=00100000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-15T20:27:23.522+0000) > > Yeah I've seen enough threads like this and Tantram's posts in them to know those first 3 are all possible. > > xD Aye, I've seen a couple though normally they have a handful of lines where I say to myself "dude you are on a 14 day why did you say that".. like they'll say trash or they are afk... this one didn't have a line that made me say that immediately.
: it could have bugged out when it comes to providing chat logs, a rioter has said in the past that sometimes it shows the wrong chat logs
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=0028,timestamp=2017-06-15T20:29:18.823+0000) > > it could have bugged out when it comes to providing chat logs, a rioter has said in the past that sometimes it shows the wrong chat logs That would be ironic, he only had 4 recent games, these are from his two losses. It would be interesting if his two wins contained really toxic chat. Not impossible, I would just find that odd.
Cosnirak (NA)
: It's not about a statement that "might cause someone to tilt." It's about saying stuff that is almost guaranteed to make someone upset, regardless of whether it affects their play. >There is nothing more tilting than the do nothing adc spamming their mastery symbol when the darius just dunked your team. I can think of a lot of things that are far more tilting than that. And not just because that adc might well be trying to be funny by using it as a "I'm so awesome, kappa." Hell just imagine the situation you described happens, you're tilted by it, you say "my god that's tilting" and that adc responds "y u mad bro?" You're probably gonna wanna yell "f u a hole" at them without abbreviating it (but hopefully you'd just say that aloud, not in game :p ).
> [{quoted}](name=Cosnirak,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=00100000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-15T20:19:46.481+0000) > > It's not about a statement that "might cause someone to tilt." It's about saying stuff that is almost guaranteed to make someone upset, regardless of whether it affects their play. > > I can think of a lot of things that are far more tilting than that. And not just because that adc might well be trying to be funny by using it as a "I'm so awesome, kappa." Hell just imagine the situation you described happens, you're tilted by it, you say "my god that's tilting" and that adc responds "y u mad bro?" You're probably gonna wanna yell "f u a hole" at them without abbreviating it (but hopefully you'd just say that aloud, not in game :p ). Yes, but in both cases the action COULD tilt someone, the only difference is that riot actually put one in and encourages it's use. In both cases you are assuming the reaction it will cause, which isn't what cases are supposed to be judged on. The question when it's a ban due to logs is, are the logs, the words the person typed out, toxic. It isn't are the typed words likely to cause a reaction that might cause a reaction that is negative. If that were the case, Mr. Peanut head from my game might qualify because some people might be tilted from non sense in a ranked game.
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
Likewise, it is a bit annoying that this thread hit 52 ups, 102 comments in 5 hours (next closest is 42/88 in 22 hours) with out a mod or red. They use to really be involved in this forum.
Cosnirak (NA)
: Two seasons ago my lowest rank of that season was B4. It wasn't any worse than P5 last season or G2 this season. It's easy for the worst people to stand out and make an entire game seem like it's full of awfulness, but try to remember the numerous people who said nothing or at least nothing bad. Most of my games involve at least 1-2 team mates who say 3 lines tops, none of which are toxic at all. I probably report more people than the vast majority of players and I know that. But that's not because I'm more easily bothered by what people do than others, it's simply that I realize the report function is not meant only for people who deserve to be permabanned, it's meant for anything that clearly makes the game notably worse for others and isn't simply part of the expected playing of the game. >In a couple of then I would have killed to have this guy as my teammate. As I said several times before, I don't think the logs shown are all that bad on their own. But there's also the full context of this person's history. And even then I think it's on the line of whether or not to punish them again with the next step, a permaban. That's why I asked about potentially more logs being involved.
> [{quoted}](name=Cosnirak,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=001000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-15T20:08:19.381+0000) > > Two seasons ago my lowest rank of that season was B4. It wasn't any worse than P5 last season or G2 this season. It's easy for the worst people to stand out and make an entire game seem like it's full of awfulness, but try to remember the numerous people who said nothing or at least nothing bad. Most of my games involve at least 1-2 team mates who say 3 lines tops, none of which are toxic at all. > > I probably report more people than the vast majority of players and I know that. But that's not because I'm more easily bothered by what people do than others, it's simply that I realize the report function is not meant only for people who deserve to be permabanned, it's meant for anything that clearly makes the game notably worse for others and isn't simply part of the expected playing of the game. > > As I said several times before, I don't think the logs shown are all that bad on their own. But there's also the full context of this person's history. And even then I think it's on the line of whether or not to punish them again with the next step, a permaban. That's why I asked about potentially more logs being involved. Aye, I do agree with you there.I think it is either A. There are more Logs B. It was manually reviewed and things are hiding in pre/post game chat C. He was way more toxic in other games and by a pure statistical anomaly it pulled two extremely questionable games D. The system is set up at the 14 day ban stage to pick up almost anything to the point of typing Spear's "Toxic" lyrics would get you permaed.
Cosnirak (NA)
: >I think the key is that you are asking "how would x react to x". First, you are assuming said reaction. We all assume reactions to some degree before saying anything, and that's ok. When a friend playfully calls me a fa* he expects I'll laugh, as he should. I know that friend is gay and is saying it ironically. But he expects that if he says it to some stranger there's a good chance they won't take it well because they don't know him and whether or not he's being silly. Some level of assumption about people's reactions are essential to every day interactions. >While asking someone why they are being toxic probably accomplishes nothing, it's also not inherently toxic. If you tell a stranger online that is upset to stop being upset and expect anything other than them becoming more upset because of it you are naive. Sure there are other possible reactions, and sometimes they do happen, but the most likely by far is that they get more upset. I'm pretty sure the OP knows this if they really think about it. And _that_ is why the statement _is_ toxic on its own, regardless of what the other person was saying or doing. I have no idea what that person talking about a peanut head meant...
> [{quoted}](name=Cosnirak,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=001000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-15T19:55:06.734+0000) > > We all assume reactions to some degree before saying anything, and that's ok. When a friend playfully calls me a fa* he expects I'll laugh, as he should. I know that friend is gay and is saying it ironically. But he expects that if he says it to some stranger there's a good chance they won't take it well because they don't know him and whether or not he's being silly. Some level of assumption about people's reactions are essential to every day interactions. > > If you tell a stranger online that is upset to stop being upset and expect anything other than them becoming more upset because of it you are naive. Sure there are other possible reactions, and sometimes they do happen, but the most likely by far is that they get more upset. I'm pretty sure the OP knows this if they really think about it. And _that_ is why the statement _is_ toxic on its own, regardless of what the other person was saying or doing. > > I have no idea what that person talking about a peanut head meant... I'm not sure riot's stance is that statements that might cause someone to tilt more are bannable. In fact, I am sure that's not the stance as they have allowed mastery spam. There is nothing more tilting than the do nothing adc spamming their mastery symbol when the darius just dunked your team.
: I love this shit. What this guy said at all would not be considered toxic. Tbh I wouldn't even care if someone called me a %%%got. I don't get why people whine over this shit. Why is no one able to take any type of insult without being huge babies? If someone calling you a %%%got stands out as being super toxic, /mute all at the beginning of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=MagikarpIsBoss,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=0010000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2017-06-15T19:54:09.478+0000) > > I love this shit. What this guy said at all would not be considered toxic. Tbh I wouldn't even care if someone called me a %%%got. I don't get why people whine over this shit. Why is no one able to take any type of insult without being huge babies? If someone calling you a %%%got stands out as being super toxic, /mute all at the beginning of the game. Because there are standards to the game and sexual and racial slurs don't fit it. Private companies are allowed to decide what behavior is acceptable and riot, as well as the vast majority of the player base (also the vast amount of the civilized world) find it disgusting.
4Jhín (NA)
: In what way was I being toxic?
Have another upvote big boi, you wanna lane togethet?

twogirlsonelane

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion