: A small reward for guessing
I feel like this would be a nice thing to know. However, it is also super abusable and could lead to making it easier to tilt someone. Like, say you were mid and banned Annie. Enemy mid wanted to play Annie, so enemy mid picks something else. You now know this isn't what they wanted to play. If you can get into game and rile them up in all chat, you can have an easier lane. Depending on the player, their second choice might not be nearly as good as first choice. If your junger ganks more because of it, instead of having a slightly harder game, they could have a terrible one, just because of your team having the knowledge you banned their first pick. To me, it falls along the same lines as not showing everyone's pings in the loading screen anymore - it was too easy to see that someone had bad ping and could be ganged up on. Now you can see who might be a little upset about not having the champ they really wanted to play, which could lead to increased jungler attention / more smack talking that could cause them to throw the game, as opposed to not knowing if they had their first pick banned. Like I said, I like the idea because I have also always wondered if my bans ever actually do anything, but I also think it could lead to more harassment in game. And as we all know, this community doesn't need more fodder to be jerks about.
: Can we all get those rewards too?
So I've been playing since season 1. As I recall, my account got nothing for starting out, but over time I have gotten - Some RP (about 350) from a time the server died (sometime in season 1 or 2 when things were still rocky) - 2 free skins (Riot Kayle and Judgement Kayle) - and Kayle as a champ - Several free skins for good behavior (mystery gift style, can't remember what I got) - Riot Trist, Unchained Ali, and that WW skin for liking them on social media (and the champs too) - Free champ starter pack from a facebook promo (10 basic champs like yi, nunu, etc) - Several IP boosts over the years - Probably some other things I can't remember I mean, I think overall this is at least equal to what new players are getting now. Some of this stuff is part of the yearly rewards for good behavior, but I think it still counts as free stuff that new players won't have the opportunity to get now.
Lapis (OCE)
: How can I teach my brother how to play league?
Focus on one concept at a time. If he's willing, have him watch you play a few games and talk about what you're doing. This is a lane, that is a turret, these are minions, etc. Basic information at this point - no micro or macro gameplay ideas yet. This will hopfully help get him a basic idea of the map, what things are where, and generally where he should go and/or do. Encourage him to ask you questions if he doesn't understand what you are doing moment to moment. Once he's made an account, go through the intro stuff. I'd say watch him do it so you can answer any questions he may have as they come up, but also do not tell him what to do or offer more information up at this time. Tell him buying thornmail on ashe is a bad idea though. Then go into to co ops (think he's actually going to be locked out of other modes for a few levels) It might, again, be best to watch him play so you can answer questions, but it can also lead to being overbearing if you aren't able to passively watch and/or make small suggestions at a slow rate. Start with the basics - these are minions, turrets, lanes, jungle, river. Don't attack the things in the jungle. Pick a lane (this champ usually goes this direction) and stick in it for the game. Kill things to get gold, use gold to buy items. Use recommended items for now, but take a look in the shop to see what there is if you want. Once he's got that level of information comfortably assimilated, start on more advanced ideas like last hitting minions or prioritizing building an item completely rather than just buying what you can afford at the moment. You can also start talking a little about stats - AD, AP, ratios, armor, MR, etc to start introducing those ideas. Of course, tailor the information to the specific champion he's playing - mage talk about ap, mr, etc more than ad for example. At this point, he should know enough to play around on his own. Also encourage him to read up on champs on the universe or in the client, just to get an idea of who is out there. I generally recommend new players try a mage, adc, melee bruiser, and tank, just to get the feel for the different styles of champ. Chances are, one or two of those will match his playstyle. Once he's gotten a champ figured out, you can go a bit more detailed on position, role, build path, and combos/tricks for that specific champ. You can also start talking about some macro level ideas, like watching the minimap or grouping. At this point he's hopefully going even or positive against intermediate bots. Throw him to the wolves and see how he does in a real game. Take time after each game to analyze it and talk over any issues, confusion, or questions he has about why things went the way they did. One thing to note - in normal games, a low level queued with a 30+ has a higher chance of being matched against low 20s, so you might want to make a smurf account just to play normals with him to keep the playing field as level as you can. If you do this, don't be a jerk to the other low levels.
Reksee (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=underscores222,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5PiIhnop,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-21T04:00:34.899+0000) > > Kayle's roots are as a hybrid champ. Her old, old, old passive converted AD to AP and AP to AD (which was super fun and also kinda broken, but went along with vlad's AP to HP and HP to AP passive and singed's Mana to HP and HP to Mana passive) Since riot has been "clarifying" build paths since season 2 or 3, a lot of the hybrid items have gone by the wayside. It's nice to see some double ratios hanging around. > > In addition, since Kayle can't attack during the animation, the AD scaling makes it slightly less painful for AD kayles. If it's too painful to remove the ad scaling, at the very least reduce it. She has 2 other hybrid scaling abilities.
I guess my point is, so what? She's supposed to have both, it is one of her core aspects and goes back to her character design roots. Since she can't auto during the cast time of the ability, it's not like she's getting a ton of burst damage. It's only bonus AD, which means it's, at most, around 200 damage late game, which really isn't that much compared to what she could be putting out with autos. And yes, that's assuming she's building some hybrid items like gunblade. If she goes straight AD, it'll likely be higher, but she won't get any benefit from the AP scaling so the overall damage on the ult wouldn't be much different. If you want to nerf her (and I think she does need a lot of tuning) this doesn't seem like a good place to do it. Firstly, because the impact would be low and secondly because your reason for it is "I think she shouldn't have so many dual scalings" which isn't a good, gameplay evidence based reason.
Reksee (NA)
: I think that Riot should remove the attack damage scaling on kayle's Ultimate.
Kayle's roots are as a hybrid champ. Her old, old, old passive converted AD to AP and AP to AD (which was super fun and also kinda broken, but went along with vlad's AP to HP and HP to AP passive and singed's Mana to HP and HP to Mana passive) Since riot has been "clarifying" build paths since season 2 or 3, a lot of the hybrid items have gone by the wayside. It's nice to see some double ratios hanging around. In addition, since Kayle can't attack during the animation, the AD scaling makes it slightly less painful for AD kayles.
: Skin idea: Gender Bent Series?
I don't think this will happen for a variety of reasons, some of which are valid gameplay concerns and others are... not... Gameplay wise, riot puts extreme effort into making each champion unique looking - this includes everything from weapons to silhouette and animations. The idea is to know who you're looking at in a mere fraction of a second. Skins generally change colors, but the basic shape of a champion is still essentially the same. A skin to make champs convincingly look like their opposite gender might exceed the boundary of easily recognizable. Take, for example, Janna. One of her current defining features is her huge mass of windswept hair. If you redesigned her as a male, presumably she would have to lose some of that since males typically (and there are exceptions, see taric) have shorter hair. Additionally, the male form is typically not as slender as Janna's model. I'm not saying have someone the size of Braum floating around, but even Ezreal or Draven, two of the skinnier male champs, aren't quite as slender as Janna is. Now, some champs could certainly work it better than others. Draven springs to mind as one that could probably rock it. But there are some difficulties in general. Now, another concern would be new players - who already have to learn the 140 or so champs - getting confused by a skin that alters the champion that much. I believe gender is one of those key identifiers. If I say "that tank with a hammer" you could think of Poppy OR Taric, which have very different playstyles. Altering gender might add another layer of complexity onto the new player learning curve. The last reason is desirability. Riot makes skins to sell. I personally don't know how much demand amongst the general playerbase there is for a skin series like this. Yes, there is a very specific market for this sort of thing, but outside of that how much can riot count on for sales after the initial release? Additionally, if they made a few skins as a trial, people who want other champs will be clamoring to get their champs swapped. This would be especially bad if Riot decides not to continue the skin line, because people will have examples to point to and say "they could do it if they wanted to" So while it sounds like a fun idea, it does open up a whole series of issues that are maybe best left alone.
Krayzie (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Maxi Luther,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uhkdoUYz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-20T13:00:35.665+0000) > > so is that one of the gamemode that's cirkeling? yea, but its really rare cuz nobody plays that
Nemesis draft is currently incompatible with the new client. No idea if they're ever going to fix that, but that's why we haven't seen hexakill or nemesis or even all for one since the new client was launched.
: Kled does not die with marines revenge item
Given my basic understanding of how the game works, this makes sense Kled gets reduced to 0 HP and the item kicks in, restoring him to 1 HP and making him damage immune for 4 seconds. During that time, he can build back up his bar and get skaarl back (who comes in with the passive healthbar). After the 4 seconds, the item deals [some damage] (guessing 9999 true damage or something similar to urgots ult) that should kill anyone. However, Kled's passive states that damage taken to the skaarl bar does not roll over to Kled's bar, so Skaarl takes all the damage and Kled dismounts. Kled still has 1 HP because he was reduced to that at the start of the item trigger.
: What happened to ARURF?
It was never going to stay. They stated that when they announced it a month ago. They stated that when they extended it by two weeks. They stated that the last 7 times it showed up that it wasn't going to stay. Why did you think it was going to?
: would you play a vintage league ? one of the first versions of the game.
I'd love to see a season 1 port, all the old champs, abilities, items, old map graphics, old minion logic. I think it would be great to be able to compare league's roots to the current league and see if mechanics have changed or if players have just gotten better over time. However, there's a few problems preventing this from happening. First off, Riot didn't exactly keep an old version of the game in a vault, untouched. Secondly, as changes happen incrementally to the game, there's not a master undo button to easily get us back to that point - sure, you can change the numbers on abilities and reintroduce old items (which only works on champs that haven't been completely changed), but the graphics and game logic isn't going to be easy to revert. So sadly, though this would be a really cool thing to see, it probably won't ever happen.
: Allow Varus' Q cooldown reduction to apply on multiple targets.
Ok, this would be cool, but does Varus need a buff? Currently, I don't think he does. Also, people are complaining about there being too much damage in the game. This would technically add more damage into Varus' kit. Keeping in mind that his kit functions this way to reduce poke - when this mechanic was added, his Q cooldown was increased across the board by 4 seconds. Therefore, his Q when used just for poking was nerfed, but Q use for proccing blight was not. When they added this in, they could have made it as you suggest but they didn't. That implies to me that they at least thought about it and determined it wasn't necessary at that time. So on the one side, it would be a cool skill expression. But on the other it equates to more poke (potentially) and more damage output. Overall, I don't think that it's justified at this point. However, I do think that should he ever need a buff, this would be worth looking into.
: Why is riot removing/reworking most of the awesome things that the original LoL had ?
> - Dark summoner's rift. Now it's more like fairy tale's rifts. Champions are here to fight to death it shouldn't be disneyland. Champions fighting on SR isn't in the lore anymore, but it is still in the world lore as an ancient battleground between two groups during the last rune war. I think it matches the world theme and lore well enough. > - Occidental Medieval fantastic themes for champions and skins. Now it's more like a mix between fantasy and/or asian style... Very rarey occidental. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you mean, but I think there's many regions in league that all stand out with different styles. Sorry the one you like isn't as prominent as you'd like. > - Destroying a mysterious, dark, strong Lore. ( THEY EVEN CHANGED THE LORE : wtf is left from the original game ?) While I too am sad to see some of the older, nostalgic lore disappear, I must also confess that the quality of the stories we have now is vastly superior. I don't think we would have as much or as nice lore if the old structure was still in place. > - Removing boot enchants. Not part of the original game. They showed up around season 3, were abused horrendously, and you still have homeguards after 20 mins and at the start of the game. > - removing pink wards ( the ability to fight every kind of invisibility ) Only legitimate complaint that you have > - Giving free wards trinkets. Support warding was a stupid mini-game. Ward trinkets encourages everyone to play the vision game. Teamwork. > - reworking and destroying thematics or iconic spells with champion reworks (excepted : wariwick nunu and kayle) I think you are the first person that has put WW on the list of bad reworks. His kit is basically the same, but modernized. Nunu I can see being a bit more contentious, but his kit is also very similar and feels great to play. Kayle is too soon released for me to critique, but I will note her abilities are more or less the same - a greater amount of change than WW, but less than Nunu. I'm not currently a big fan of her rework, but I'm waiting for a few patch cycles to see if they change things. I am surprised you didn't mention some of the more contentious reworks - Sion, Galio, Aatrox, Urgot and Irelia all spring to mind as champs that fit into your complaint moreso than the ones you mentioned. Updating champs is an essential part of keeping the game feeling fresh. I like to think about reworks as "if this champ had been made today, what would be different" and for the most part I think Riot does a reasonable job at it. > - Reworking items that were currently balanced. Ok, I can see this one with things like removing AP from Trinity Force and other seemingly unnecessary changes. Is there a bigger picture we just don't see? > - Destroying ancient runes and masteries system. Removing old, stale, stat based increases that were completely analyzed and had been reworked 5 times previously without increasing benefit. Removing a system that locked new players out and made being a new player feel like a grind. Not saying I like everything about the new runes, but that system has more promise. > - Removing Graves's cigar (hopefully they put it back) Removing graves as an adc... Not sure why the cigar is a big deal. He's still an adc, just a bit more of a unique/niche one. At least he's viable, unlike some of the other niche ADCs with unique mechanics. > - Rererereworking Ryryryyryryryze. As if old ryze was better than this one. He needed it. > - Creating Yasuo. Yas being created is not the problem. As a champion, he has a place in the game. Refusing to touch him (lee sin syndrome) even though everyone has a problem with him is the problem. > - Removing double ratios from champions (ad and ap ratios were common for most champions). The logic here is double - single ratios help players determine what should be built on a champ, and it reduces the number of crazy off-builds that would have to be balanced around. On the flip side, it also lead to the removal of AP on several not-mage items like Tri Force, which created a circular re-enforcement. No one has AP ratios because nothing they use has AP because no one has AP ratios.... > - Decreasing game length > > - Increasing damage and snowball. Both are kinda the same thing. It is the unfortunate effect of going for League being a spectator sport - if you want people to watch pro games, they have to be exciting (high risk/reward) and not drag on. I do miss 40 min long games. > - Nerfing turrets. Turrets have actually had net buffs since season 1 > - Removing the client service that suggested you high elo games for you to watch to improve yourself. Gone with the old client, but not forgotten. This is something Rioters have said they would be interested in bringing back. > - Definitively punishing the use of custom skins or totally disabling it. This is one of those things that we all knew would happen. Custom skins were never officially allowed. If you think the past was so great (and there is some charm back there, I know) take a look at some of the season 1 champion spotlights or gameplays. The art style looks very outdated now (cause it is). Remember when Riot would release a new champ every other week and it was always massively overpowered? Let me tell you, it wasn't fun. Remember when all you had to do to become unkillable was buy a warmogs, atma's and frozen mallet? Let me tell you, it wasn't fun (for like, 6 months). Remember when the servers crashed almost weekly and you had to wait an hour to log in after patches? Yea, it wasn't fun. For pretty much every point you can make about how great it was back then, there is an equal number of points about how much nicer things are now. Some things, I agree with you, are not better now. But many things are and the only reason we don't notice is because we don't have that old system here to compare against.
Ghaoul (NA)
: Her new voice over truly feels better off on Riot Kayle, which looks like a policing unit to begin with and so playing the strict authority angle just works more smoothly there. Really, I'd like Aether Wing's voiceover be redone and either scrap the whole space military one or give it to Riot Kayle since it's already done. **More than anything** it's a downright shame that Aether Wing was needlessly changed, from this idea of her rebuilding her strength with lost technique and technology of her civilization in order to achieve the power to bring about a utopia... to being some space military's drone (literally since the idea is that the 'exosuit' takes over her as it enhances). _It's a disgrace._ Then this whole ["machine takes over"](https://twitter.com/notquitefrodo/status/1098312022750420992) angle isn't even played to the extent that it could be since in her final transformation she doesn't equip that helmet from the recall. If you're going to go down the path of making her a soulless space military war machine, at least go the distance with the assets available. It isn't even on a toggle, meanwhile an Epic skin like Bullet Angel Kai'Sa has that? Bizarre.
I am also really disappointed with AW, but I do have one thing to point out with the helmet bit - removing the helmet as she levels up is on of the "key" visual representations of where her passive is at (which is also why she has 6 wings now) so making that a toggle could disrupt that visual cue. Just wanted to throw that out there for thought. I agree with basically everything else you said, and pretty much everything OP said. AW Kayle seems like a complete downgrade and falls short of the vision that the skin presented when released. The most similar situation that I can bring to mind is Frostblade Irelia, which was completely changed from its launch theme as well.
: skin πŸ‘ tight πŸ‘ armor πŸ‘ we kayle 2.0ing this shit bois
If anything, his VGU should be much better. Riot seems to alternate between good VGUs (or at least ones the community doesn't really complain much about) and bad VGUs (or, at least those the community really complains about) So if the pattern holds true, this should be a good one. Maybe.
Du Ma Mi (NA)
: I feel like, if a champion is gay, Riot likes to make sure you KNOW they're gay.{{champion:518}} {{champion:110}}
Those two are (well, varus after his lore update) much more recent than Taric, who is one of the original champions. His Targon update was also some time before Varus' lore update, so it is possible that in that time Riot has changed how they acknowledge (or don't) champion sexuality.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Why doesn't root effect stops a dashing champion?
Roots in general will not stop movement - specific abilities that say they stop dashes will, but the only root I can think of with that ability is Jinx's chompers. As noted elsewhere, veigar stun also stops dashes as a special part of the ability. Anything that forces movement will also stop dashes because a "new" movement command has essentially been issued. This leads to some really strange interactions. As far as I know, only one champion dash ability specifically states that it is stopped by all root abilities, and that is Yasou's E. It almost never comes up because it is pretty hard to land root CC on him while he's dashing, but it is a thing. I saw someone mention Rakan in here, but I have no idea about him (his AoE dash/knockup thing has really strange interactions with CC)
Jikker (NA)
: Why are Morgana's Wings on her...em....rear
Star Guardian Soraka and Dragon Queen Zyra also have this problem
Bazerka (NA)
: Happy Thursday everyone!
I work a 4/10 work week so it's the weekend for me now.
: > [{quoted}](name=underscores222,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2xgLvyEw,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-02-02T03:18:50.707+0000) > > A partial changelist (based on my memory) of these champs. Not going to include number changes. > > Ali - biggest change was his w going to his passive and getting a new w. Before his passive was doing more damage to towers. Nice QoL change allowing him to buffer pulverize while headbutting. > > Annie - e changed from flat resistances to percent damage reduction. Tibbers got a brain and doesn't die when she does. Tibbers also got more HP, resistances, and shares annie's e. > > Ashe - new q, new passive. Don't remember what the old passive was. Hawkshot no longer passively grants gold on kills. > > Fiddle - new passive (old passive was MR reduction around him) all fears in game changed to send target away from fear source, not walk in random directions (not a change to the champ, but a change to the mechanic key to the champ) drain refunds cooldown, crows no longer gain more bounces as you rank it up. > > Jax - removal of dodge mechanic forced rework on his counterstike. Everything else is basically number changes > > Kayle - Passive changed - granted AP for AD and AD for AP before. W turned into a move speed buff rather than a heal. > > Yi - alpha strike no longer scales with AP (rip) meditate heal increases based on missing HP. Wuju style active does true damage with an AD scale instead of just doubling the passive amount. > > Morg - Passive changed from spell vamp to healing on champion/large minion damage. W no longer shreds MR, but now deals increasing damage based off missing health. > > nunu - before his VGU, consume changed to grant various benefits based on what type of monster he ate. Attack speed reduction removed from snowball. > > Ryze - numerous reworks. Passive changed to allow abilities to scale with Mana. E changed to be able to bounce to ryze. E MR shred removed. Q turned into a skillshot. Ult changed. E changed. Passive changed. Story changed (twice). Model changed (twice). > > Sion - VGU. Actually can't remember any significant changes to him before the VGU. > > Siv - removed dodge passive in the great dodge removal. Bouncing blades is no longer a toggle. Ult move speed mechanics changed. Spell shield mana costs changed, then changed back, then reverted, then changed back. > > Soraka - model updated. Starcall changed from all targets nearby to ground targeted AOE. Starcall now heals Soraka. Starcall MR shred removed. Heal now costs HP. Heal no longer grants armor. E no longer restores mana. E can no longer be self cast. E is now a ground target AoE, not a single target point and click. > > Teemo - still the devil. Think something about his move quick changed, but can't recall what. New shroom model. > > Trist - Q no longer costs mana. New E. Old E active was a point and click DoT that applied grievous wounds (GW removed). DoT time used to scale by rank. Passive changed to apply to E and R. E and R ranges adjusted to align with auto range. New E/Q reset combo removed. AP rations reduced. > > TF - got a face. Model updated. New passive (gold on kills). Don't remember what the old one was. Ult changed. > > WW - don't think he had any changes before the VGU. > > Again, this was all by memory, so I could be wrong about things, or I could have forgotten something. Don't forget nunu E was an attack speed steroid for himself or Ally. Edit: sion's Q was like a taric point and click stun. W was shield, E was attack speed buff and acted like mundos E....and his R I actually can't remember lmao and his passive was more ad per minion kill
> [{quoted}](name=420 S M O K E,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2xgLvyEw,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-02-02T15:16:06.157+0000) > > Don't forget nunu E was an attack speed steroid for himself or Ally. > > Edit: sion's Q was like a taric point and click stun. W was shield, E was attack speed buff and acted like mundos E....and his R I actually can't remember lmao and his passive was more ad per minion kill I mean, sion didn't really have any changes to his kit before his VGU, which is what I was listing out. His passive was actually a chance (40% I think) to block 10/20/30 damage from attacks. His E had an active and a passive - the active was gaining bonus AD, but autos cost HP. The passive was gaining max HP for killing things. His ult was 100/150/200% lifesteal, and he would share this health gain with nearby allies. Numbers might be wrong here. Again, this is from memory, not from looking it up.
: The 21st of February is the 10th anniversary of the first 17 champions Riot made. A Then and Now.
A partial changelist (based on my memory) of these champs. Not going to include number changes. Ali - biggest change was his w going to his passive and getting a new w. Before his passive was doing more damage to towers. Nice QoL change allowing him to buffer pulverize while headbutting. Annie - e changed from flat resistances to percent damage reduction. Tibbers got a brain and doesn't die when she does. Tibbers also got more HP, resistances, and shares annie's e. Ashe - new q, new passive. Don't remember what the old passive was. Hawkshot no longer passively grants gold on kills. Fiddle - new passive (old passive was MR reduction around him) all fears in game changed to send target away from fear source, not walk in random directions (not a change to the champ, but a change to the mechanic key to the champ) drain refunds cooldown, crows no longer gain more bounces as you rank it up. Jax - removal of dodge mechanic forced rework on his counterstike. Everything else is basically number changes Kayle - Passive changed - granted AP for AD and AD for AP before. W turned into a move speed buff rather than a heal. Yi - alpha strike no longer scales with AP (rip) meditate heal increases based on missing HP. Wuju style active does true damage with an AD scale instead of just doubling the passive amount. Morg - Passive changed from spell vamp to healing on champion/large minion damage. W no longer shreds MR, but now deals increasing damage based off missing health. nunu - before his VGU, consume changed to grant various benefits based on what type of monster he ate. Attack speed reduction removed from snowball. Ryze - numerous reworks. Passive changed to allow abilities to scale with Mana. E changed to be able to bounce to ryze. E MR shred removed. Q turned into a skillshot. Ult changed. E changed. Passive changed. Story changed (twice). Model changed (twice). Sion - VGU. Actually can't remember any significant changes to him before the VGU. Siv - removed dodge passive in the great dodge removal. Bouncing blades is no longer a toggle. Ult move speed mechanics changed. Spell shield mana costs changed, then changed back, then reverted, then changed back. Soraka - model updated. Starcall changed from all targets nearby to ground targeted AOE. Starcall now heals Soraka. Starcall MR shred removed. Heal now costs HP. Heal no longer grants armor. E no longer restores mana. E can no longer be self cast. E is now a ground target AoE, not a single target point and click. Teemo - still the devil. Think something about his move quick changed, but can't recall what. New shroom model. Trist - Q no longer costs mana. New E. Old E active was a point and click DoT that applied grievous wounds (GW removed). DoT time used to scale by rank. Passive changed to apply to E and R. E and R ranges adjusted to align with auto range. New E/Q reset combo removed. AP rations reduced. TF - got a face. Model updated. New passive (gold on kills). Don't remember what the old one was. Ult changed. WW - don't think he had any changes before the VGU. Again, this was all by memory, so I could be wrong about things, or I could have forgotten something.
: I just was asking for clarification from the commenter since that is what I interpreted from the comment.
Mundo exists from a time when there was a "Bruiser" class. This has largely been reclassified into either Juggernauts or Divers. In this case, Mundo is a Juggernaut, as he lacks hard CC and mobility, which is the most basic distinction between Juggernaut and Tanks. Mundo made sense back in season 1/beta (I don't remember when he was introduced) because he did what "tanks" needed to do at that time - stand in front of things and soak damage. Over time, tanks have become more defined and that definition has left Mundo in the dust. A few seasons ago, when they introduced the new classes/subclasses, Mundo fit nicely into the Juggernaut class, and I don't think that's a bad place for him. In terms of his thematic, he revolves around heath (which is why he's a doctor) - all his abilities cost health to cast. I am fairly sure he was the first champion to have health costs associated with his abilities, so he was experimental in that regard too. Overall, his kit actually still isn't that bad, but it does lack a cohesiveness and polish modern champs have. His model is a mess. I would say he is top 10 for a VGU at this point, and it's only a matter of time before he gets one.
: {{champion:86}} How can you betray us, your highness??? How can you betray me, **FRIEND**? {{champion:59}} Garen please. You’re self-hating right now. {{champion:86}} STOP PULLING MY LEG
{{champion:44}} Man I'm glad I left
: What if Nullifying Orb was Adaptive?
There's two ways of doing this - first as you said, based off triggering damage. The other way is how Camile's passive works, where the shield is based off what type of damage the triggering attack's champion does more of. Option 1 allows enemies to work around it by procing it with alternate damage, but option 2 provides a more useful shield to the user. (Note, option 2 does still allow enemies to work around the shield by having one player proc it, then other players move in with the alternate damage) It would be very nice to get this rune a bit more oomph, it seems to be second rate in many cases.
: No, It's 5 per stack on SR. They hot fixed the damage the day the new patch came out because it was too high per stack. They just haven't edited the tooltip yet.
: Dark Harvest vs Electrocute: some math
It's 8 damage per soul (on SR) and half on Arams, so you actually need a couple fewer souls to break even with electrocute
: Riot - Your World's Pass Survey - I want to reiterate: The grind was awful.
I did the math when the event was announced to decide if I should spend the money for the pass to get the Kaisa skin. Assuming you did all the missions (normal and pass) you would still have to play about 3-5 games per day for the entire event to get enough tokens to get the skin (I assumed an average of "B" grades since that's supposedly the average grade) Now, I can see 5 games on a weekend day. But 5 games on a workday? There's no way I would be able to do that consistently for 5 weeks. It was a bummer too, cause I did want the skin, but paying a bunch of money for a chance to earn it that required me to put all my spare time into it for the entire event was a bit too much to ask for.
NikolaPlayz (EUNE)
: Would it be cool if there is skin trading?
I think they should allow trading of skin shards, not skins. It's basically the same idea though. You can only trade with people on your friends list with similar restrictions to gift-giving (they have to be on your list for more than 2 weeks, etc). Both people must have a shard of equal value (aka legendary for legendary) That's pretty much all the restriction it would need to avoid abuse. This just allows people to trade a skin of X value they don't want for a skin of equal value that they do want, only among their friends.
: They would certainly need to put in more summoner spells then, and that would also have to be removed on certain game modes as well.... (like current odessey, and also the poroking, etc). Could be an idea, although they could have a game mode where you dont have to buy anything, you just randomly start getting items (randomized items) and your summoner spells randomly mix around, and keystones as well. Could be pretty interesting yet infuriating at the same time.
They could easily insert mark/dash from aram as an alternate engage type ability, bringing the total mobility based spell count up to 3 (flash, ghost and mark/dash) Most other spells I don't usually see more than 2 of on a team anyway, and teams that run 3 ignites or whatever wouldn't be too hurt by being forced to take barrier or exhaust instead.
: All that it would do is lead to people bitching about not getting the summs they want and making summs even more of a meta issue than they are. Not that your idea is particularly bad, because it's something we could work around, but honestly its just such a drastic change that players would NOT like. Players have been playing around flash for _years_. Taking it away from 3 of the 5 team members would be bad unless a meta formed around what lanes take flash (which would be jungle and adc most likely). The thing with every lane and almost every champion taking flash is that its fair. Imagine being an ADC who gets flashed on when your mid and jungle decided to take flash instead of you. It simply would not be fair for someone to get a free kill with no chance of the enemy escaping, and would lead to a lot of issues with the already fucked up game balance.
That's kind of my point though - doesn't that mean that some summoners are inherently more powerful than others? Isn't that a bad thing if the goal is to make decisions meaningful? If you HAVE to take flash (and most people think you do) then doesn't that skew things? So what should be done about that? Is flash too powerful? Well, in a game where positioning is very important, the ability to instantly reposition is incredibly strong. The only limitations on that spell are how far you can go and how often it is up - not really a lot to play around with to balance it. Just want to note that I don't hate flash specifically, it's just really easy to use as an example because it is easily the most powerful summoner that also has the fewest ways to balance it relative to other summoners.
Rioter Comments
: I found an EXTREMELY ILLOGICAL FEATURE (or BUG?). VERY ANNOYING PLS FIX ASAP
There's a difference between displacement and CC, which I believe is what's going on here. Basically movement cancels movement, but CC generally doesn't stop dashes. Basically when executing a movement, dash or displacement the game issues move commands. New move commands overwrite old commands. So in the case of voli vs J4, J4's dash move happens, then voli flips J4, issuing a new move command to J4 and preventing his current move from completing (and canceling the knockup portion) In WWs case, he is immune to CC when he is dashing, but the dash ends as soon as he hits J4. J4 is already dashing though, so his dash continues under the suppression CC. Since his dash continues, the knockup effect still takes place, instantly canceling WW's suppression. I mean, it's the same mechanic that allows trist or Ez to jump away after getting pulled by a blitz and hundreds of other strange abominations. So it's not really a bug because the code is "working" as written - it's more of an unintended consequence of a 10 year old game engine.
: Lux' ult is getting a little ridiculous...
Just want to point out that back in season 2, with 40% CDR it had a ~20 second cooldown and did over 1k damage at full build Now it only gets the 15 second cooldown if it secures a kill, and does less overall damage due to the changes in mage items. I agree the cooldown refund is tacked on and not necessary for her.
RiotLamz (NA)
: Favorite/least favorite Running animation in League
Blitz, especially at high most speeds/homeguards, spazzes around very badly. Would be nice to see him get looked at (also make the lancer skins look less derpy since they don't have legs) Cho could use some help, especially due to the size changes he goes through over the course of a game. I'm not sure if anything was done with his dark star skin but it feels like he walks different (not better, just different) with it. Maybe the color change draws attention to his legs more or something. I'd also say any of the older champs that might not be getting any VGU love in the near future would be good options. Some of them just look a little stiff, especially when sped up by homeguards (Amumu, Anivia)
: Daily reminder, Ignite now does 505 damage at level 18, 300 or so at level 12
Not to be nitpicking here (Ok, actually I am) but some ultimates (at least 4) do 0 damage so you could say that minions do more damage than some ultimates and it would still be true. {{champion:12}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:23}}{{champion:26}} {{champion:142}} Just for the record, I didn't count ults that gave stat increases that don't directly do damage, such as Yi and Siv, because that indirectly causes an increase in damage output. Perhaps that argument should also count for the likes of Ali, Mundo, Kayle, Taric, Tryn, etc. When I started this, I only thought of the teleport guys (Ryze, Shen, Zoe and TK) but there's quite a few champs who don't get additional damage from their ults (and a few more I didn't include because they get combat stats that are not damage) Anyway, yea, ignite is kinda silly right now.
: Ryze: Call of Power | Cinematic - League of Legends
A purple dude of extraordinary power wants to collect different colored rocks that each contain the power to destroy worlds. I feel like I've seen this before somewhere...
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Kurt Hyzan,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qpyttu9k,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-19T20:45:46.482+0000) > > BuT mArKsMen aRe wEaK, asSassIn sHoulDn'T dELEte tHEm If thEy'Re misPostiOnnEd, PleAse lEt mE onE sHot PeOPle wiTh {{item:3087}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3094}} {{champion:67}} TuMBlE Vayne is an exception of a kind. She is an Assassin Marksman. But I can see why this would frustrate people.
Just wanna drop that Kai'sa is designed as an "assassin Marksman" more so than vayne.
: > Nautilus definitely isn't the strongest champion in the game, and we think we can get him there by making him pretty much invincible while doing crazy base damage. You're welcome! Watchu talking about? Those were the stats, seems I used an older dmg value doe... will update the OP to something newer, but same with the HP ratio which also appears to be older Also, what prompted the name change? Curios :D {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} > V5.1 Titans Wrath Titan's Wrath Base shield strength reduced to 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 from 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300. Shield health ratio changed to 7 / 9.5 / 12 / 14.5 / 17% of maximum health from +15% of bonus health. V5.5 Shield health ratio increased to 9 / 11 / 13 / 15 / 17% maximum health from 7 / 9.5 / 12 / 14.5 / 17%
The big difference that you might have missed is the change from Bonus Health to Total Health, which gave Naut a pretty hefty boost even with the reduced base shield. Your proposed change just boosts the base without returning it to the bonus HP, thus making Naut significantly tankier while boosting his damage while the shield is up. Pretty huge buff.
Lazerer (NA)
: Where is The Music of League of Legends Vol. 2?
I'd even suggest that they don't have to compose more than one exclusive song for it. Give us 24 tracks of champ themes, some of those special season start/end/competitive songs, and we'd be happy.
: {{champion:51}} 1. Hat 2. Sniper 3. British accent 4. Hat 5. Hat
: > [{quoted}](name=underscores222,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TvUI8hkj,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-05-22T01:01:35.263+0000) > > Pretty much this. Soraka has always been THE HEAL SUPPORT (even though healing is a super-hard thing to balance) and removing her heals / support - centric kit would change her to a completely new champion. > > If you want to throw stars at people, maybe another Aspect would be a good direction to go - a champion that is drawing on the siphoned power of Asol. Or just make a cosmic mage, which might be a bit difficult due to overlap with Sol, Veigar, and perhaps even Bard. {{champion:142}}
I'm sorry, I don't recognize that champion... No, but seriously, while she does have an ability called paddle-star, she just doesn't feel as cosmic to me as the others I mentioned. I can certainly see arguments for it, but she's just a bit too much on the whimsical side of magic, whereas I think the cosmos is more of a Asol sort of thing - large, powerful, and awesome.
grarrrg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=underscores222,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=x5k3nJpp,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-05-22T00:56:47.869+0000) > > What we know about trolls: > 1 - don't feed them > 2 - they're worse after midnight > 3 - salt water Is that trolls? or Mogwai?
I think they might be related
: She'd be Karma'd. Same name, but different kit. Sure, you'll get people to play her, but old-school Soraka players will hold a grudge just like Karma players are doing right now. Not a big fan of overhauling a champion kit, for the sake of being "innovative and fresh", when the kit themselves can simply use a modernization.
Pretty much this. Soraka has always been THE HEAL SUPPORT (even though healing is a super-hard thing to balance) and removing her heals / support - centric kit would change her to a completely new champion. If you want to throw stars at people, maybe another Aspect would be a good direction to go - a champion that is drawing on the siphoned power of Asol. Or just make a cosmic mage, which might be a bit difficult due to overlap with Sol, Veigar, and perhaps even Bard.
: When i saw your title i thought it was a player behavior post and was about to be sad. I feel better now.
What we know about trolls: 1 - don't feed them 2 - they're worse after midnight 3 - salt water
: What you are requesting is basically a Traditional skin. Riot used to make skins as a homage to a champions old design when they updated their visuals, Traditional Trundle is an example for that. Old Trundle: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/q1mJ03J4m_k/maxresdefault.jpg Traditional Trundle: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NZ1YIObpy-8/VyLXeigzdFI/AAAAAAAA6XQ/f7KmsY6Nhd8jwGcePa8HsxsgvA8_qyQ7wCLcB/s640/Trundle_Splash_3.jpg If I am not mistaken, Riot gave these skins out for free if people played them before the update. _______________ However, Riot stopped making these and always said there are no plans to do them again in the future. So I think the chances are slim.
Traditional skins are Karma, Trundle, Sedj and maybe 1 other. Basically Riot decided that they weren't popular and no one wanted to use them over the newer, better classic skin, so they stopped doing them. Personally, I think some traditional skins would be cool (like Galio, Sion) and others wouldn't look much different from the current classic skin (Poppy, Warwick). Urgot would just be a mess - would he have 4 legs or 6? Swain traditional skin probably wouldn't be as great as you'd like, and also might have gameplay and clarity issues when compared to his other skins' particles (specifically the one raven bit - what if he hits multiple enemies with his aoe thing? A raven should take a fragment from each of them, but if he only has one, what happens?)
Ifneth (NA)
: Ride-Able Champ
Season 2 patch notes on April 1st had an item called a "Cho'gath saddle" that yordles could use to ride a max-stack Cho.
: Suggestion: Scuttle periodically burrows to to the other side of river
Next patch: "We think the Scuttle Crab changes have really opened up strategic choices amongst junglers. However, knowing where the scuttler will spawn doesn't keep junglers on their toes as much as we wanted, so we're adding in some more dynamics to the situation. New: After a random amount of time without being in combat, Scuttle Crab will travel to the other side of the river to say hi"
Azadethe (NA)
: The tooltip doesn't say he can't gain HP, and a full conversion is unlikely. I'm guessing there's a ratio.
"Pyke also converts his bonus health into bonus attack damage instead." The "instead" implies that he does not gain any bonus health from items (and perhaps levels? What about spells like Hugify? How does this work with items/runes that increase max HP?). There is probably some ratio to convert bonus health to damage (I'm guessing ~5%)
Show more

underscores222

Level 169 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion