: She doesn't currently rush the jungle item all the time as it is now or take every blue. Nid traps do no damage so it doesn't really matter. This would just allow her more chance to pounce on an enemy. its almost impossible to land spears in lane regardless of how good you are. The enemy can easily hide in waves and even when they aren't they have a ridiculous amount of time to react because of the cast time on spears. And even with getting a trap proc most other champions have some way to counter a nidalee engaging (ahri charm,renekton stun). Even so even if riot considers it to op they can just make her traps visible again. Them being invisible really does nothing for her and it would still allow her and her enemies to out smart each other with positioning.
I can't see a situation where she would be mana constrained in lane and wouldn't be in jungle beyond spam healing herself, which is not a healthy lane playstyle. I could be wrong there (I've never landed as/against her), but it's not something I see happening. As far as the traps, it would give her an incredible amount of all-in presence because of the increased pounce range, even without trap damage. I think this would completely overload her mid, where opponents would be able to consistently counter her pounce. If they're visible then you're probably worse off than you are now, isn't she?
Khanzax (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEpjUNAA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-23T16:57:04.027+0000) > > On the flip side, no recall is a very strong anti-snowball mechanic, when the fed person dies to back it gives the losing team a window of opportunity to come back in the game. With one sided games being much more frequent in aram, I think that having a window to fight back is a good balance lever. You have a valid point, but its not as black on white as you make it out to be. The losing team barely gets an advantage from killing the fed person, other than the gold and a very short moment to fight without this player around. However, when a player is that fed, You are better off not killing him at all. I forgot to state this in my original post, but a smart Aram player will leave the fed person alive at all costs, and the fed person, thinking about his Shutdown, will never think 'Oops I have to rush into them now'. The enemy team does not really benefit all that much from the fed player dying; it will bring him back with 2 full items and all of a sudden the game completely turns into a massacre. To prevent the game becoming like this by purposely dying (Intentional feeding as RIOT calls it, which is also punishable) giving the player the option to recall when all 5 enemy players are dead is the 'perfect' (aka best possible) solution. The question you need to ask yourself is: "how often is one of the teams completely off the map?" and the second question: "How often did, during that time, was a player so fed he should have inted, but did not?" Both of these answered 'yes' is very rarely, however, the times that they do occur, they made enormous impact on the outcome of the game. The game no longers becomes "did I play well' but "When is the best time to throw myself into the enemy team". You say that the fed person dying is a chance to come back, but remember what I said before; If the entire enemy team is dead, the exact same result can be obtained by dying to the turret, as no one can touch you to obtain the kill. The only difference here is; people who don't understand this strategy will also be able to go back and the game becomes more focused on playing well rather than timing your deaths. Sorry for the long reply {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
It is a temporary advantage, but it is infinitely better than the absolutely 0 advantage you get if they back. The fed person doesn't have to wait 15 seconds or whatever it is for kill credit to drop off, and they don't have to wait the death timer, completely nullifying the gains. There is no window of opportunity to 5v4 with a recall in place. Aram has a significant lack of anti-snowball and I think this is a good one to keep in.
: Top nid was only op for a very short time before and after she was fine until they started nerfing her because of her jungling. After her rework AP nid was balanced fine for the most part not ever op or terrible again until they started balancing her around jungle. She used to only be balanced around lane until they made her passive proc on camps (which was partly done to help lane nid when she fell behind) 2 very small changes that would not have any impact on her jungling would be making her traps not proc on lane minions and reducing her mana costs. Traps still have a delay before triggering so they don't help with ganks and jungle nidalee has 0 mana problems due to blue and the ap jungle item.
No mana problems would allow her to rush other items than jungle item, and making her less blue reliant would let her give more to mid lane, which would be significant. Traps not proc on minions let's her turn into a minefield champ. It would increase lane strength, but it feels like a low counterplay addition imo. She'd require more pinks than teemo ever did, since she'd all in you every trap hit early.
: @Riot Nidalee
What changes would empower her in lane and not jungle? (also, has she ever been seriously balanced around lane? I've only ever heard of bruiser nid top working when she was strong elsewhere)
Khanzax (EUW)
: Why ARAM needs a Recall option
On the flip side, no recall is a very strong anti-snowball mechanic, when the fed person dies to back it gives the losing team a window of opportunity to come back in the game. With one sided games being much more frequent in aram, I think that having a window to fight back is a good balance lever.
: I can't really agree with these soraka changes on PBE
Soraka does an absurd amount of early damage imo. If she's swapped from strong early damage, weak mid, strong utility late to weak early, good utility mid, strong utility late I think it'll be healthier for her role as the healing enchanter. (note: I am commenting without knowing what's going on, just based on OP's post. If the changes wouldn't do what's outlined, they may very well be bad, idk!)
: They should really change this. AS slow items are literally the only possible defense you could build against Yi's mixed + true damage and yet even those items are negated. There is quite literally no way at all to counter-build Yi right now.
Stone plate is still very good against him for the hp/resists mix, especially as Cho (and zhonyas), but yea he's light on counterbuilding.
: For a diamond 1 smurf thats not a good win rate for silver 1 lol
Except that you're already playing against good winrate high gold/plats, have for a bit. They've already got you pegged as a smurf and your mmr shows it, rank just takes a bit longer to show up. It's also pretty clear from your scores vs your laners that you're abusing your gold/plat opponent and not roaming, extending your lead, or using your lead to help your team well, which means you're not abusing the fact that enemies at that elo have bad vision and map awareness. They took out too many anitsnowball mechanics for you to successfully smurf like that.
iChains (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M7GwpQhr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-16T04:45:13.318+0000) > > Yeah, hire the people who will have even less of a clue about game balance. You can be #1 ranked in every server and still have no clue how to balance the game. Rank does not equate "I can balance the game' You have the be the dumbest person I've ever seen in my entire life, higher ranked people who have been playing since the game came out should have enough knowledge about the game to balance it better then it is being balanced now.
Really? You want imaqtpie, tf blade, yassuo, metaphor, tarzaned, and all of that type to be a balance team? Having skill at the game does not mean having a good concept of balancing levers. Sure there's some people at that elo that would definitely be a good balance pickup. Lohpally seems to have his head in the right place, and guys like kingcobra have already gotten picked up for playtesting, but just setting the bar at high ranked is an awful idea.
: Draven
You may have more luck with this on the eune boards, na boards are pretty much entirely English speaking.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ddJQan6E,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-04-15T01:22:22.102+0000) > > Your title says rework, not improve. Your post makes no reference to either, just describes the videos. Hence, people are going off of what you say, not what you're thinking. > > I think most people would agree that improving troll detection would be nice tho. Does rework mean scrap to you?
It means fundamental changes from the ground up. Like sion rework, or galio rework, or aatrox rework. And that generally means scrapping parts and keeping others.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ddJQan6E,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-14T17:42:51.089+0000) > > Why does that require a system rework rather than improvement? The system is bad at catching Inting, okay. No reason to scrap the rest... I never said scrap. I said improve. Why can't anyone read here?????
Your title says rework, not improve. Your post makes no reference to either, just describes the videos. Hence, people are going off of what you say, not what you're thinking. I think most people would agree that improving troll detection would be nice tho.
: seriously a down vote?
Did you downvote your own thread? You at least removed your own upvote, which is rather odd.
OneMoMan (NA)
: Tarzaned calling for a reworked punishment system.
Why does that require a system rework rather than improvement? The system is bad at catching Inting, okay. No reason to scrap the rest...
HeeroTX (NA)
: Nope, Bronze all the way
Interesting. I remember a few threads on people doing unranked to diamond and whatnot actually having to start in Iron. I guess they partial reverted. Still, starting in bronze is lower than silver-gold.
yan1 (NA)
: No, that's due to the way javelins work. You toss it in an arc, so that it flies at a 45 degree angle as far as you can throw it. Once it reaches the apex of it's trajectory it is falling, so the force of gravity begins to affect it, making it go faster the longer it falls (AKA the further it gets). The apex of it's trajectory is her AA range, that's as far as she can throw it before it starts falling, which is why they made it do more damage only after it leaves her AA range. That's why they called it javelin toss instead of spear throw.
Except that would make it decrease in energy to its peak, return to the same energy once it reaches the same height, and minorly increase down to the ground. This doesn't happen though, because nidalle is able to magically make the spear travel in a straight line. (note: other trajectory related things like corki q and trist w have the correct curvature, as they lack nidalees magic)
yan1 (NA)
: Being able to control flying swords like magneto is also pretty magical but that doesn't mean Irelia should do magic damage. Becoming a panther is magical but there isn't anything magic about clawing or spearing people.
She can make a spear gain momentum as it flies through the air, how is that not magical? (I will take this statement back if they make mecha-nidalee with rocket powered spears)
HeeroTX (NA)
: My placements started with a loss for client crash, I ended up placed in mid Bronze, so I don't think all accounts start in Iron 4. (with Bronze/Silver possible with "perfect record")
After your first game, did it say your 'prospective rank' was iron? Cause I know you get like, 60 lp a win in placements now.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EfuQNV6u,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-12T13:40:13.204+0000) > > wanna know the simple reason match making is so bad rn? smurfs, smurfs are a huge force rn in gunking up matchmaking because of how many there are atm and matchmaking is trying to balance matches around them, the smurfs are an issue because diamond lp gains are completely fucked so most low diamond players are pretty much only playing on smurfs Smurfs are also the reason new accounts end up in silver and gold when they should be bronze 3 or 4
I was under the impression that when they rolled out the ranked changes this season, all accounts start iron 4 now? (with placements they can climb to high brinze/low silver with a perfect record I think I saw) Has this changed with the reset?
Saezio (EUNE)
: Urgot can just double tap W and get the shield then use normal autos. W kinda useless with the nerfs anyway must be like 99% or urgots maxing Q
: looking for a coach
You may have more luck with this post on the European boards, most people here are NA and wouldn't be able to play with you. I'd also recommend letting people know what role you main.
: How is this +/- LP system in diamond working as intended for riot ?
I hit d4 with a 60% win rate, and am currently receiving +20-15ish (think it mighta been 14).
Raven (NA)
: Unpopular Opinion: The Aram Balance Changes Are Awful
Just wondering, since I didn't see you reference it elsewhere, what do you think of the barrier change?
vivimos (NA)
: Bronze to silver- Is it possible?
If you are better than your rank you will win more games. If it's slightly better it may be as small as a 51% win rate, but you will slowly climb out. Now, if you are at 51% you're going to need a metric fuckton of games, but if you improve as you play then the rate goes up and things get quicker
QancerClown (EUNE)
: They shouldn't hate the video and its content, which is all facts, just because of something that was forcefully connected with the video. Mobalytics is almost always right. They only sometimes are wrong with meta predictions. But I didn't know that it is an old video or topic on boards.
Eh, it's boards. Not exactly the peak of constructive discussion. I'd recommend adding some more information if you don't want to be drowned out with the super-complainers. Opinions and such to discuss. Tbh this just kinda feels like a mobalytics ad
QancerClown (EUNE)
: Why would anybody downvote this? LOL This is just explanation of what is happening in the game right now. And a good explanation. And not mine.
You probably got down voted because that video has been posted a few times recently, and it's been badly used for hashinshin-type arguments that no one wanted to deal with again. (https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/MoB4KfKc-bad-positioning-is-more-forgiving-for-melee-bruiser-that-is-the-problem-with-the-whole-class)
Winia (NA)
: Supporting a Twitch
Supporting twitch is all about picking your fights and avoiding bad ones. He's super dependent on that, since his damage is reliant on his stealth and extending trades for powerful e casts. You want to be farming up pre6 usually, although into a weak lane you can cause some serious damage by singling out a target for him to keep sagely in range. Post 6 you're gonna have to communicate, either through pings or text, figuring out how to fight together. Ideally twitch comes out of stealth with ult and you keep both enemies at arms reach so he can unload on them.
: Because my team can’t be trusted not to feed x champion. Currently it’s vayne.
Vayne is my normals ban right now just cause she ruins games when ahead. Ranked I reserve for thresh though. Not a fan of that thing in my games.
: I play {{champion:21}} I ban {{champion:157}} Do I need to explain how my ultimate goes against Windwall ?
Yea, immobile + cucked by windwall does make that a rough counter.
Speeedy (NA)
: I ban champs that require CC in order to beat them like yi or jax that can 1v5
I guess that counts under 'counter me' if you play low/no cc champs?
YBaKunt (NA)
: We automatically lose. No point in playing.
Ah yes, the enemy got Renekton. A champion with a whopping 49.5% win rate. Clearly a 100% loss. Ah man, they got zed. Despite the fact that he only wins 53.33% of his games, it's gg already. Yasuo's 48.8% win rate clearly means nothing, it's all over at champ select. Go next. Fuck off and play the game. Riven and zed especially are a bit high, but calling gg at champ select is stupid and your defeatist attitude loses you more games than this shit.
: Some champs are just never fun to fight, no matter how strong/weak they are I'm looking at you {{champion:74}}
That's how I feel about thresh. Dudes just never bad, and always is a huge threat bot lane while simultaneously making his adc super safe.
Rioter Comments
l MrD l (NA)
: Idk who to consistently play anymore
Have you considered orianna? Definitely a significant learning curve, but her ult is insane and she has good utility in general. Even with now being one of her least popular periods in a while, she's still doing solidly. Viktor is another good choice, Lotta freedom in how to fight with him.
Yenn (NA)
: It's 2019, why isn't there a mastery requirement for picking champions in ranked?
Because earning 200,000 mastery (at a bare minimum) in order to play ranked is absurd.
: While i agree he has no mobility, you can farm safe with his range and low mana costs. You can farm without autoing once all game. Raising mana costs would make him have to step forward and open a window for enemies to trade with him. Otherwise you can just poke people out of lane easily.
It wouldn't encourage that at all? He'd still have no reason to close with enemies, q refunds on farm so he wouldn't have that problem, he'd just be useless pre-mana item because he'd oom before killing. He's like any other artillery mage, he's punished by getting close and abusing his cooldowns.
: I can't be the only person thinking this obvious truth, right?
Not all counterplay is "in the moment". Some of it is earlier (did you shit on the yi when he was weak early?) other is situational (cowsep chose his fight, he'd already already put stacks on his rageblade and started off the fight, so he got his choice of target priority). Had the enemy team either A shut him down early or B picked the fight better (blitz hook to start it, for example), then they would have had a much better time. The second part (picking your fight intelligently) is really undervalued against rageblade champs.
905 (EUNE)
: Man don't play ARAM if you cant comprehend the idea ALL RANDOM. I don't care that you don't like playing vs Veigar, this game mode is not about making your wishes come true, its about playing ALL RANDOM, ALL MID. I don't like playing mid, should Riot add and extra jungle in ARAM just so I can play in the jungle as I like. I also don't like to get a random champ, I like to play with my main, should Riot add to ARAM champion picks, because people get frustrated when they have to play Leona instead of their favorite champ.... Just use your brain, that's what ARAM is, if you don't like it, don't play it. It's so fucking simple. Play some Draft picks if you don't like playing vs Veigar or if you don't like to play mid or if you want to play with your main. ARAM wasn't designed for that.
I'm unsure of your English comprehension skill, but his complaint is 100% directly that aram is *NOT* l random due to aram only accounts, and that bans allow you to partially negate that. Another proposed option is unlocking all champs in aram, which the boards frequently upvote. That's not the way riot went though.
: Million dollar Idea for free for you Riot
How much mastery? I've got a good bit on a number of Champions now, but even locking it to mastery 4 would have prevented me from playing ranked for quite a while after I did. Having 20 champions at that requirement can be very time consuming.
: Yes but I was building crit with Triforce meaning I should then have an empowered sheen hit with AD? Surely there is no way that kind of auto would do 59 damage?
Triforcr would be more, but it doesn't take into account w reduction or the fact that garen gets armor from csing. I think it would be ballpark
: How much would he live by?
60 something. I haven't seen everything on new kayle, but that's about the amount an auto attack would do, so if e also applies auto damage then that would be ballparked to super low hp
: And Garen still dies?
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tYjMEkdN,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T18:26:37.269+0000) > > That will make it difficult to help you then, but I'll try and offer general tips. > > I'm guessing you're playing only on the other account for the duration of your loss streak, since this account doesn't have much recently. I'd bet that you're pretty tilted. Even if it's not a super angry tilt, a demoralized mind that's expecting a loss hurts your own ability to impact a game a lot. Play a few normals not with the intent of detilting, but with the goal of learning a combo or skill that you haven't picked up yet. It gives you a solid goal to work towards and gives you something to focus on instead of how your team is doing, or what it'll do to your lp. > > I have 0 clue of your supportive style, but from working with a number of silverish supports, the biggest mistake I constantly see is a lack of lane presence. One of the best things you can do in laning phase is to use your strengths to dictate the enemy adc's position in lane. Especially if you're playing morg and such into a weak/medium laning supp, you can make the entire lane revolve around your positioning. This isn't just setting up kills though, it's mostly about making sure your adc had a free time csing and the enemy has to be scared of poke for their cs. It's a small thing that stacks up fast. Enemy comes to lane with pickaxe when your adc has bf, now you can pressure a little more. Now yours has ie and boots to their bf + pickaxe, and you can zone/take 2v2's freely. It builds, and starts with small position based leads. > > Jungling, it's all about them pathings. Pick a high exp camp (krugs or raptors usually, but sometimes gromp) and focus on keeping that camp on cd. Krugs is best cause it's the most exp, but not everyone takes it well, so adjust based on your pick. Beyond buffs and stuff like drag, make sure the moment that camps up, you're taking it. This will give you patching goals, and you will better keep up/get an exp lead while you gank, which is really underrated in low elo for high ganking jungling. My supportive style is very hard engage style. Especially with Galio. I will try to burn bot lane summs without burning my own, wait for them to come back having popped all potions, then flash taunt to get the early double. In Silver, this works 80% of the time even vs amazing enchanters like Soraka or Nami whom I typically struggle against. With Morgana I'm spamming pool on them for easy spelltheif gold and making them shuffle around their own minons being afraid of my snare. For my jungle paths I typically go from one buff to the other and THEN do Krugs or Toad depending on where I'm at. This is so I can avoid losing my two buffs to enemy jungler trying to steal my unwarded buff. In Silver I find people don't ward despite me asking them to before minion spawn. If I notice an enemy laner is squishy, i will look for the level 2 gank right off of Red buff or Blue Buff kill and typically aim to get summoner spells only but will go for a kill if there's no risk of me dying. When coming to lane for a gank, I will avoid using spells at first and simply get way ahead of enemy laner so they HAVE to go through me to escape. At which point I will start using abilities to hold them there. It's the same principal of Jax where you don't pop dodge before you leap, you save it for after so YOU are in control.
Fight heavy lanes are pretty prevalent in low elo, so winning those early fights is pretty important. Once you have a lead, using it to bully and extend rather than force fights that make everyone back is very underused (if your adc misses more than 2-3 waves from fighting and doesn't pickup a double, it's rarely worth). Take care of w spam on morg though, if it hits minions you can really mess up your adcs lane control (rare in silver but it happens) and/or last hitting (really common with reactive last hitters. Even a few bad puddles can cost them way more gold than you earn). Getting both buffs early is usually best, just make sure you're keeping an eye on those high exp camps throughout the game. Especially on farm to 6 junglers like vi, it can be tempting to let your farm fall off after that point. Not dying is always a good goal. If you can keep your deaths per game under 4 that's an admirable goal. I fail hard at that one quite frequently :(
: My quick maths makes this Garen dead. But he lives in game?
If garen is taking 57% reduced damage from his Mr, then your 380 damage becomes 163, not 217.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tYjMEkdN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-03T18:13:52.322+0000) > > Do you mind linking the account? Not much we can help with unless we can see what's going on. Unfortunately I do. I don't want my accounts linked so people can track me.
That will make it difficult to help you then, but I'll try and offer general tips. I'm guessing you're playing only on the other account for the duration of your loss streak, since this account doesn't have much recently. I'd bet that you're pretty tilted. Even if it's not a super angry tilt, a demoralized mind that's expecting a loss hurts your own ability to impact a game a lot. Play a few normals not with the intent of detilting, but with the goal of learning a combo or skill that you haven't picked up yet. It gives you a solid goal to work towards and gives you something to focus on instead of how your team is doing, or what it'll do to your lp. I have 0 clue of your supportive style, but from working with a number of silverish supports, the biggest mistake I constantly see is a lack of lane presence. One of the best things you can do in laning phase is to use your strengths to dictate the enemy adc's position in lane. Especially if you're playing morg and such into a weak/medium laning supp, you can make the entire lane revolve around your positioning. This isn't just setting up kills though, it's mostly about making sure your adc had a free time csing and the enemy has to be scared of poke for their cs. It's a small thing that stacks up fast. Enemy comes to lane with pickaxe when your adc has bf, now you can pressure a little more. Now yours has ie and boots to their bf + pickaxe, and you can zone/take 2v2's freely. It builds, and starts with small position based leads. Jungling, it's all about them pathings. Pick a high exp camp (krugs or raptors usually, but sometimes gromp) and focus on keeping that camp on cd. Krugs is best cause it's the most exp, but not everyone takes it well, so adjust based on your pick. Beyond buffs and stuff like drag, make sure the moment that camps up, you're taking it. This will give you patching goals, and you will better keep up/get an exp lead while you gank, which is really underrated in low elo for high ganking jungling.
: 20 game loss streak in ranked.
Do you mind linking the account? Not much we can help with unless we can see what's going on.
: Adjusting Supports to work alone. ( No toxicity, ideals. )
Many supports, Janna specifically, have been specifically stated to be balanced around keeping them out of solo lanes. They're oppressive and extremely uninteractive (mages like velkoz and zillean being an exception due to being designed around mid and supp). Janna will never get solo lane balance because her kit is disengage, so if she has the damage to wave clear/trade effectively, she can just cancerously force on her opponent and deny any interaction.
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AlhYgW2W,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T06:32:39.529+0000) > > So, are you saying that your team only has the bad players, or that the enemy team is better at abusing openings than you are? It happens on both sides, I'm saying that the issue is lane dependent. If I just hit level 6 and my top lane is level 5 with 3 deaths, there's nothing for me to do. If my top lane has 2 kills, but then dies 4 times in a row, there's nothing for me to do. There isn't anything to capitalize on unless they're in your lane, or in the case of throwing an advantage with consistently stupid plays, you literally can't do a single thing about it.
A 2 kill lead does not leave you in a 0 counterplay zone. That being said, what you're ultimately sitting at is the exact same thing happens to your opponents. Your mid lane has the exact same chance to kfeed their ass off as the opponent. As does your top. Thus, the enemy adc/supp/jg/rivershen will get stomped similarly. And if everyone in your rank is bad, they won't handle it well, and you'd outclimb them on the games you can influence, as long as you played a statistically significant number of games. With how often you come here to bitch about this and that, I'm guessing you play enough.
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AlhYgW2W,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-03T06:01:06.838+0000) > > If they're all so bad, shouldn't it be easier for you to climb? The problem is when the bad one is in another lane and rotates into my lane with 7 kills at 12 minutes, not when they're in my lane. 9/10 times, it's top lane or jungle player.
So, are you saying that your team only has the bad players, or that the enemy team is better at abusing openings than you are?
Yenn (NA)
: It's 2019 and Diamond IV is still a cesspool of mechanical players with Bronze IV decision making
Show more

usul1202

Level 185 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion