: How can you climb with a 45% winrate? And where did you get 45% from? How is -5 -5 climbing to you its 0 LP. (loss because went for turret) Where as 5+4 is climbing thats 9 LP. (win because didnt go for turret). Then ill say, can you win a game without dmg to objectives and dmg dealt? Id love to see that happen where everyone on the team does a 0 dmg game but still wins while the enemy team can deal dmg. "since if someone can consistently get that damage and not win, they're clearly not good." Why do you think +5 LP from dmg to objectives while -30 LP for not doing anything else is climbing? thats -25 LP you'll be demoting soon if thats the case in this system. "used to be" key phrase here. The game has changed tho. Why was inting sion a strat. (objective dmg). If you're talking about high elo both sides will be doing the same thing the reason this works is because it builds an advantage occuring in a sense, a 6th player, to shove turret, but that doesnt mean the high elo player builds that wave up and goes sips coffee in the fountain hes doing other things with his time. But you still did get +5LP for the win. And i would add a cc/peel if there was one currently in the game, but riot hasnt implemented that. Now let me ask this, would you rather do all this and get +20 LP everytime your team works with you and this works out and when they dont you get -20 LP and when you have a troll or inter -20 LP. Or would you rather give that up and earn +10 LP for that game and the troll and feeder games you get +10 LP for too for doing your part. Id say id rather +20 LP from 10+10 than 0LP from 20-20.
Because on average, everyone will have a 50% win rate. I'm an asshole playing the system, i'm playing only for full damage and obj damage. Due to that, i win less games (40% instead of 50%). However, on every single win i gain 5 more lp because i still win despite playing suboptimally, or lose 5 less when we're going to lose, because i wasn't going for it anyway. Now, instead of sitting at my lp, where i was +16/-16, im +5 (cause i'm playing to game the system, if we win there's no way people legitimately playing to win are going to beat someone intentionally focusing their score), and when i lose i'm at -1, because i fucked over my teammates to keep my score good (assuming my teammates aren't doing the same). I need a 21% winrate to climb. 21 freaking %. And that's bullshit. And that's just one stat. I can easily pad 3+ per game, which makes the rates even worse. Edit: lets scale this up, and make it worse. +5 every win, -5 every loss. looking only at 3 stats: damage, damage to objectives, and vision score. We're gonna pick for full damage, and guarantee that we're top 2 on wins (+4.5) and #6 on losses (chances are we cant always be that, but we'll also crush the enemy support and maybe top/jg a lot, which would actually put us higher, but we'll estimate low, for a total of -1). Damage to objectives is a little harder to be consistant, but we're assholes and will roam to drag every chance we get to tag it with a few spells, cheesing up the damage, plus greeding for turrets at the cost of our team's well being. Easy +4 on wins, -2 on losses. Vision score, supps will get spot 1 and 2, jg gets 3 and 4 (usually), then it can vary a good bit. if im playing supp (mage supp like vel so we keep the early stats) then that's +4.5, jungle is 3.5, and anything else you can place useless wards on cd as long as its in enemy territory and at least guarantee +1 every game. Now, to add it up, we're at 4.5+4+4.5/1+5 for a win gain of 19/14.5, and a loss of -1-2+4.5/1-5 for a loss 'loss' of -3.5/-7. As supp, if i win 1 and lost 5 im at +1.5 lp. Gained lp from losing 5 and winning 1. As a mid i can lose 2 and win 1, and i still gain .5 lp. And thats assuming i'm not cheesing kda (which a mid would easily be able to do), or the damage taken amp from trading a lot to get my damage out up. Supp would be op because their stats are easier to cheese, but anyone gaming the system would be able to climb with awful winrates. Now, meanwhile, the proxy singed god, who wins 65% of his games, but is low on damage and doesn't hurt objectives, is losing 5 lp a loss and gaining 2 a win (cause he's higher than the nice zilean supp who isn't going to top out anything regardless of how he does unless building pure ap), and despite that winrate he's dropping lp. Shit like that is why I absolutely hate this idea. There is no way you can account for every playstyle, there's just not a good enough algorithm thats humanly achievable. Better methods than this one have been closer to being acceptable, but this one directly fucks over anyone not gaming the system, and i *HATE* that. Play the game, not a little metagame to earn more points. That's not why we joined league.
: You have highest dmg nothing else = -30 LP with a win -20 LP So you're still not climbing. Thats called trolling. "Going bot to hit t2 instead of ending the game". +5 LP for dmg to objectives -5LP for loss where you wouldve got +5 for win and +4 or 3 for dmg to objectives. You going bot to crack a turret when you can end isnt going to sky rocket your dmg to objectives. "The only objective damage that matters is the last hp point on the nexus. The only damage that matters is the damage that gets you there." I dont know what this means at all. Feel free to explain. Because i never said anything about "objectives taken"
Except that now I can climb with a 45% winrate since I lose less than I should, despite the fact that I'm losing my team a fair number of games. Riot can't even detect normal trolling well, and that there is almost indistinguishable from a standard low elo bad call. This shit would become the standard low elo bad call because "muh lp". I'm saying when you said to score lp gains based on damage to objectives, that none of the damage to objectives means *anything* if you don't take the nexus. None of your damage to champs means anything unless it gets you that nexus. So giving gains for it is silly, since if someone can consistently get that damage and not win, they're clearly not good. Paradoxically, you can do massively impactful things that *lower* your stats and increase your win chance, like proxy singed (0 obj damage, low champ damage since no trading, high deaths, and still [used to be] very good at winning games), setting up a slow push instead of clearing a wave (a huge mark of high elo wave control, which lowers your cs if you aren't the one to pickup the crash and your tower damage because for all your macro, you didn't hit the thing), or even something as simple as buying a mikhails instead of an ardent. Sure your mik's singlehandedly won your team the team fight by saving your adc from sej ult + lux combo, but no damage for you lol.
: Who did you do a billion dmg to? To do that billion dmg you wouldve had to kill enemy champions which opens up your team to pressure the map. (dmg to objectives) now if your team takes advantage they can apply pressure win with the advantage you gave them now if you're referring to soft int'ing, soft inters dont do a billion dmg.
I can do it in lane while my adc is dead because I was being useless. Or I can kill everyone and back because I have no idea how to macro, and thus there's no gain (since the gold on me doesn't matter since I'm a moron who can kill the enemy team, but gain no advantage from it). If you promote damage to objectives, than rather than pushing to win, I'm now going to go bot to hit the t2 that's still up and hope my team wins. Oh wait, they got aced and we lost. Darn. At least I lost less lp cause I took a turret! The only objective damage that matters is the last hp point on the nexus. The only damage that matters is the damage that gets you there.
: Ranking System fixes
If you do a billion damage but it doesn't help you win games, why should you be rewarded for it?
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WN6kEZys,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-17T19:42:51.982+0000) > > It's being removed tho. You don't advertise something you're getting rid of... damn, be a shame if new people might actually be interested in a 3v3 mode rather than 5v5 or TFT
> [{quoted}](name=Kahl Drogo98,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WN6kEZys,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T07:09:34.937+0000) > > damn, be a shame if new people might actually be interested in a 3v3 mode rather than 5v5 or TFT So few people are interested in it as is that it probably wouldn't be worth the video time :/
Tsuko (NA)
: Stop enforcing a 50% winrate you fucking hillbillies.
"my teams have a bad winrate. Enemy team has good winrate. Clearly riot is going for 50% winrate!" Are you just gonna ignore that in your situation, the 4 sub-50% avg winrate teammates got worse and the 5 avg win rates above 50% got better? You're literally arguing against yourself with that example if you stop focusing on yourself for 2 seconds.
: why im not a huge fan of riot and league events now a days.
Temp exp boost when.... leveling isn't the point of the game, and that anyone seriously playing is already max level. its a 5% rep boost (which isn't much, less than you naturally get by picking a human as your race [+10%]). Literally nothing you cant get with minor amounts of playing. Meanwhile, league gave me a skin that I get a limited chance at for free (one per week) and beyond that have to pay for. I think i got a crap skin this time, and remember being super sad at striker lee last event. But, every now and then you get a freebe that you want, and the orange essence from the crap becomes useful. I'd just be interested to see which 'other game' gave you so much for their anniversary event.
: why im not a huge fan of riot and league events now a days.
You mean like how there's free missions that give you a chest and key? Cause that's way more than I got from blizzards wow event... Think I got like a cheap tabbard and a temporary exp/rep boost?
: I also love that they decided to leave out Twisted treeline/3v3 as a game mode.
> [{quoted}](name=Kahl Drogo98,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WN6kEZys,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-17T17:21:31.714+0000) > > I also love that they decided to leave out Twisted treeline/3v3 as a game mode. It's being removed tho. You don't advertise something you're getting rid of...
: I cannot tell the difference between Star Guardian Xayah and SG Rakan.
I agree. Skins look great, but I almost took a rakan ult to the face because I was trying to bait xayahs ult out of him >_>
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OYVjtWxk,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T19:08:12.585+0000) > > What's the line between playing with a friend and duo boosting? If I'm climbing and I duo with a hardstuck friend am I now ban worthy? When a fresh account duos with someone at that premade suddenly has a >70% win rate it should be looked into. If you're both doing fine then you have synergy. If you're going 2-0-0 each game and your buddy is going 18-2-9 each game then it's pretty suspicious. > Tribunal was months behind and getting worse, and had people who spammed punish/not. The system (which is based on tribunal results) is faster for the same effective response. And either way, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't tribunal just for chat, and wouldn't solve the afk problem stated? The people who spammed were doing it for IP rewards, which Riot should just take away so we only have people who have downtime and want the community to not be shitty. Now that we have replays, Riot could put the replays into Tribunal and let people speed through it and decide.
The obvious cases are definitely obvious, the hard part is writing a rule for a rulebook that effectively encompasses that without punishing people just wanting to play with their friends. Its similar to when the supreme court was asked to define the difference between pornography and art. Their eventual answer was along the lines of 'i know it when i see it', which is a stupid legal ruling, but not wrong. With no rewards the system would be even slower, and replays would slow that down even more compared to chat. I don't see that being an effective solution. People already rage at someone getting into 1 more game after doing this that or the other.
: I guess I don't do well with more agressive playstyles. But some weak early champions I just don't play well enough or understand. Like Twitch, I am an awful Twitch player. I don't know if I like being strong early, but I feel it's very satisfying to survive, farm, and become a powerful champion much later. Rather than dominate early and fall off somewhat later. I hope to learn some melee champions though since autofill exists and playing something that I am familiar with in other roles would help my understanding of League.
Don't feel too stressed to lock yourself into different niche's of early/late, aggressive/passive, plenty of players mix between them. Focus on finding where you're enjoying the game and are capable of playing well, and build from there.
: Im referring to the specific games where your team refuses to surrender after getting dumpstered in the early game, while you were being camped the entire time and they never took advantage. When the game is unplayable that everytime you leave fountain you die in a matter of seconds.
Not the funnest of matches, but hey, if the enemy is ahead and can't end, the longer it goes on the more likely a comeback is. If it's gonna be a crush, it'll be over quick enough that you can deal with it (it's really not worth the chance that you're one of the ones that actually gets caught trolling lol). If it's longer, work on them comeback skills! So satisfying to beat a bming opponent.
: path 9.18 JINX WASN'T NERFED
Interesting that you say that, when not a single high elo player on probuilds is building a stormrazor at all, and runaans/rfc seem to be the zeal rush choices. Must be some sort of glitch...
: I like to mostly play safe, but that causes problems when I'm supposed to be more aggressive in lane. I should also put {{champion:145}} here too since I really can't see how I can kill her, it seems to be a "mutually exist in lane or die".
Playing safe and scaling is perfectly acceptable on champs like anivia, veigar, kog and sivir, but you have to do that important part of scaling into a threat. If you play safe early and then just hang out mid to late and don't have an impact, then your early weakness wasnt worth it. Diana you do need to snowball on. Kaisa is a weird one, you want to fight her when an ability or 2 is on cd (since they're decent length early) and you want to fight in your own minion wave, since it kills her q damage and makes w hard to hit. Avoid extending trades long enough for her to get 5 stacks.
: I showed my mid and bot pool.
Anivia and diana can do well into Kat. As anivia just shove the wave in constantly post 6. And scale, rush your roa for tankiness. Don't cast q until her e is on cooldown, save your wall for her jungler or (if you're feeling lck) you can use it to interrupt her ult. Diana is a game of waiting, you can hold your e to interrupt her ult since you have no other use. Play safe until you grab some AP, and then force her with all ins the moment you get an item advantage. She'll out sustain you in trades once she gets a gunblade/dd, but if you can poke a q or 2 and then all in (make sure to not push wave to keep this as an option) then you can snowball off of her. Veigar, it's a lost lane. Her combat style counters his, and it's one of her few true winning lanes. Koggles is pretty much cait's bitch early. Use your w to farm if needed, whenever she goes for an auto on you try to trade one back (2 if w is up) and don't step on traps. You spike midgame earlier than she does, so don't fall too far behind in lane and just try to reach your spikes. Sivir can abuse cait's meager wave clear, especially once you get a bf sword. Abuse your w poke, try to avoid taking a lot of headshots, and once you can control the wave you wanna shove her in and poke with q until you're at enough of an advantage to all in. Cait is weak under her own tower, but do make sure you've got river warded before pressuring her. Mf lanes, regardless of champ, are all about positioning. Never allow her to double up off of a dying minion, and try to avoid getting hit by q's at all. Her trading pattern beyond q is extremely movement speed reliant, so if you tag her with an ability at the beginning of a trade she'll lose her ms and be at a big disadvantage. Sivir w/q and kog e are good for that, and let you extend the trade (which both of those champs win hard if you extend, unless supp match up is weird). Midgame force fights in lanes, Mf thrives in jungle where it's hard to get out of her ult. If you have to walk through jungle, take the super safe path. This was pretty broad since I don't know your playstyle/specific problems, but I hope it helps!
: How do I deal with certain champions?
Which champs, and who are you playing?
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OYVjtWxk,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T08:25:02.584+0000) > > How would you punish duo boosting? (specifically on soloq, I would agree with gripes about mmr not carrying over enough between q's) Simple, when someone reports boosting, it's done via a ticket. There's no option for it in the client's report function. Riot just needs to actually punish it. Otherwise we get another Dekar173. > League is too big for that. Even if every checkup took 30 seconds (and it wouldn't) it would be an absurd number of man hours to keep up with the sheer size of the league community. This is the supposed problem with tribunal, is that it took months. That's fine with me. If someone gets punished 1 month later, I can wait.
What's the line between playing with a friend and duo boosting? If I'm climbing and I duo with a hardstuck friend am I now ban worthy? Tribunal was months behind and getting worse, and had people who spammed punish/not. The system (which is based on tribunal results) is faster for the same effective response. And either way, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't tribunal just for chat, and wouldn't solve the afk problem stated?
Senamz13 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7l1QmJdA,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T19:09:19.868+0000) > > How did it go? (assuming it was thus weekend) I did pretty well the first game going 9/3 on Caitlyn but I still lost due to the immense amount of pressure the D1 Vlad player was putting on me in team fights. The second game was rough because every lane lost. Even though I lost bot games, it was a great learning experience and I’d like to thank you again for your advice.
> [{quoted}](name=Senamz13,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7l1QmJdA,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T15:24:09.931+0000) > > I did pretty well the first game going 9/3 on Caitlyn but I still lost due to the immense amount of pressure the D1 Vlad player was putting on me in team fights. > The second game was rough because every lane lost. > Even though I lost bot games, it was a great learning experience and I’d like to thank you again for your advice. No problem, I'm glad you did well! Even if you don't make the team it's a good learning experience. And who knows, maybe next year you'll be that dominant D1 player!
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OYVjtWxk,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T06:31:59.503+0000) > > Its a computer system, it's 100% consistent. The problem is that human beings are assholes with an infinite number of ways to display it. If you're seeing people bypass it, send in a ticket to support, that helps update the system (and it does get updates, stuff like kys didn't used to be ZT, and now is). Then Riot should be ashamed if they can let someone use a racial slur by putting 1 different letter, especially when it's something people did back in 2007. > Your entire group has to be within the elo range of each other for ranked flex, which limits some of that. At the end of the day, its a balance of matchmaking vs fun, which is why normals has no limit and soloq has strict ones, especially at high elo. Its not feasible to remove duo boosting as long as 2+ people can q up together though, as far as i've seen at least. It takes your flex rank into account, not your solo queue rank. It's easy to punish duo boosting but Riot doesn't want to take the time or effort. > > Again on the first point, send a ticket (although i'm 99% sure i've seen a post about someone getting punished for walking around base, albeit they'd done it a LOT). Computer may not see it, but a support person can, and they can toss it into the machine learning pile in the hopes it'll get better. I'd rather they just let live people review AFK reports when 3x people send them
Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's in there if it were I for L. 1 use of ZT words has resulted in chat restrictions before for one reason or another (6 times on the boards by my count), so it may have had that happen. Unfortunately, there's quite a few codexes with different symbols, so a ι or something similar can easily slip through. How would you punish duo boosting? (specifically on soloq, I would agree with gripes about mmr not carrying over enough between q's) League is too big for that. Even if every checkup took 30 seconds (and it wouldn't) it would be an absurd number of man hours to keep up with the sheer size of the league community.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OYVjtWxk,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T03:20:41.553+0000) > > IFS certainly has its flaws (lol troll detection), but riot's also pretty on top of abuse cases. like a while back where there were people forcing others to say Zero Tolerance words 3 times or they'd int. riot unbanned the abused and banned the abusers. the bigger flaw is out it's inconsistent and hasn't been updated since it was released. I had someone calling me racial slurs but got away by doing the oldest trick in the book, replacing the i with a lowercase L. > > What is being abused about dynamic queue? You can still boost with it by queueing with the person, you can also have a 3 man and have people from various ranks in one game. > Leaverbuster isn't abused, it's ineffective because it err's on the side of good faith, assuming that some people have legitimate reasons to leave. Were it a system that gave lp back, it would be abused to cause gains. instead it just... creates a minor incentive to not leave/dodge. better than nothing i guess? Leaverbuster sees someone move and says "aight they're not afk" despite them moving in their own fountain.
Its a computer system, it's 100% consistent. The problem is that human beings are assholes with an infinite number of ways to display it. If you're seeing people bypass it, send in a ticket to support, that helps update the system (and it does get updates, stuff like kys didn't used to be ZT, and now is). Your entire group has to be within the elo range of each other for ranked flex, which limits some of that. At the end of the day, its a balance of matchmaking vs fun, which is why normals has no limit and soloq has strict ones, especially at high elo. Its not feasible to remove duo boosting as long as 2+ people can q up together though, as far as i've seen at least. Again on the first point, send a ticket (although i'm 99% sure i've seen a post about someone getting punished for walking around base, albeit they'd done it a LOT). Computer may not see it, but a support person can, and they can toss it into the machine learning pile in the hopes it'll get better.
: But thats literally the only answer because there will always be people who give in to emotions, desire, and temptation in the wrong circumstances. I troll games myself sometimes so i cant exactly say "i contribute to the good", and where it is never justified, it helps me feel better. In games where im behind due to an enemy dive or lane gank, or just sitting in my lane for a long period of time. Now I dont blame my teammates for this, the enemy team made this choice and im expecting my team to respond elsewhere and even if they dont i say whatever, what triggers me is when my jungler comes up and starts taxing while the wave isnt against the turret. Like literally just shoves the wave right outside the enemy turret, so it freezes outside his turret. Then he leaves i get ganked again and it makes id usually leave the lane or if im really tilted just afk. But because the system in place doesnt allow for afk'ing and a player may not handle the tilt by "leaving the lane" then they'll just start running it down other lanes, and the system refuses to acknowledge situations like these where the player cant play the game anymore and his/ her team is only making it worse for them.
I don't follow you. When you're having a rough game and your team isn't being helpful about it, you tend to troll or afk? (its late here and i'm procrastinating some work, so I could be reading that wrong) That doesn't seem like a healthy response, if I'm correct there. If you're unable to enjoy the game when you're not winning, or at least keep a level head and play at some level for something (to get better, practice mechanics, or limit test), then maybe moba's aren't your pace....
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=onW7vjv4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-11T20:12:37.248+0000) > > What role/champs are you looking to play, and what is your goal with ranked? (I.e. A simple rank goal, more general of 'get better' , super general of 'just see how I match up') I prefer to play Bottom - Support. then Mid, then Bottom DPS, then Top. I don't like to Jungle. I own all but 5 champs.
> [{quoted}](name=Brennamere,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=onW7vjv4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T03:10:03.668+0000) > > I prefer to play Bottom - Support. then Mid, then Bottom DPS, then Top. I don't like to Jungle. > > I own all but 5 champs. Support is where its at, imo. I would recommend picking 3-4 champs, 1 to main and the others as backups/situational. Having a main lets you not only excel at your champions mechanics, but also once you're comfortable on the champ you can focus more on the game around you than on what you're doing, since that becomes automatic. There's no solid rules on champ pool (mine's varied quite a bit, from 1 tricking a single champ to a spread, some similar, some pretty different), but imo a healthy pool has a range of champions so that if they pick a bad matchup for your main, your backup is a good or at least neutral backup. I personally main velkoz, with nami and zilean as backups (mage supp + enchanter + supportive playmaker), only area I don't cover much is tank supports since I just am not very good with them. Once you have a pool in mind, you can start breaking out into the role. Vision item is super op. As an aram player you are gonna have to get in the practice of warding and learning Summoners Rift ward locations. Lotta guides out there, but in general I'd recommend watching a few pro games or even just high elo streamers and look at where they light the map up. There's a whole lot of important stuff to learn, too much at once. Its a good idea to test your feet in the waters, feel for what you're good at and not, and set goals from there. Any specific skills you're worried about/interested in?
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OYVjtWxk,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-11T11:36:35.873+0000) > > \*Not a good solution because it is *abuseable* So is the IFS, dynamic queue, and leaver buster. Why do we still have them?
IFS certainly has its flaws (lol troll detection), but riot's also pretty on top of abuse cases. like a while back where there were people forcing others to say Zero Tolerance words 3 times or they'd int. riot unbanned the abused and banned the abusers. What is being abused about dynamic queue? Leaverbuster isn't abused, it's ineffective because it err's on the side of good faith, assuming that some people have legitimate reasons to leave. Were it a system that gave lp back, it would be abused to cause gains. instead it just... creates a minor incentive to not leave/dodge. better than nothing i guess?
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6l4gJMF,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-09-10T17:25:23.195+0000) > > Okay, that gives you an improvement goal; looking at how to extend your lead and push wins with it. > > A good goal to shoot for is 4 deaths a game, more than that and your fedness stops mattering as much because of the amount of gold you're giving over. Staying alive is vital to pushing a lead because the moment you die, you lose control of the pacing of a game, which is bad. If you're playing early snowballers you need that tempo to push objectives while you're strong, and if you're late game power with an early lead then you need to control pacing to make sure you're hitting late game whole enemy is midgame by slowing things down and funneling gold to yourself. > > Your csing looks good. I unfortunately don't know enough about trynd to comment on your builds, they look odd to me, but may be what fogged uses. > > Many important factors are hard to see on an op.gg review. So I'll toss out a few things that may be useless, or may be helpful. > > Split pushing is a much more team reliant activity than most realize, and your death count may be bumped up by pushing before your team creates pressure. Yes they may be wrong to be sitting back doing nothing at the time, but you're also in the wrong for not reacting to the situation at hand. > > Pulling jungle pressure is a great way to make your team play better without actually having to deal with them. If you can continually overpush/do something to make the jungler gank you and *not die* then it's that much less time the jungler can be fucking over your team. Super underrated skill of top lane. > > Another big factor is just showing up. Infernal drag looking to be a big fight in 15 seconds and you just recalled? Walk bot. Sure the fight might diffuse because you're there, but if your team gets drag and priority at the cost of a bit of your lane (which were gonna assume you win anyway) then that's a big lead. Or Riot could simply perma ban this sort of behavior
What behavior? Op not being able to carry with a lead, or his team not doing well (just like op didn't do well in other games)? Neither seems bannable to me (altho him admitting to trolling does seem to be)
: That sounds like paradise but having to be one of the top what 1% of players on the server to actually get into an enjoyable game like that seems harsh doesnt it?
Which raises the question, how do you stop human beings from being assholes? First person with a conclusive answer (that isn't "you can't") will end up filthy rich.
: Is there anyone who can help this player move into Ranked play?
What role/champs are you looking to play, and what is your goal with ranked? (I.e. A simple rank goal, more general of 'get better' , super general of 'just see how I match up')
: Idk about d4 but from what i can see in up to plat. Players complain about not getting ganks even if you're team is winning and your hard camping bot lane. If you get alot of kills players complain that you're taking all the kills throw a fit and refuse to let themselves be carried and run it down. Others just refuse to play the game. Like seriously i had everyone muted since i do that at the start of every game and my duo told me my Kog'maw was flaming me for taking the kills when ganking bot. He was 1-6-11. Okay sure i took kills but im a 24/5 kha'zix. 1 Q = half their health when im fed do you want me to just not Q and pray he can finish the kill. This kog continues to split push until the enemy team scales and we lose.
I didn't play much in plat this season, but it sounds par for the course. Complainers are always there because everyone wants to play the hero. Less common in high diamond, but the ones that do are pretty vocal. I actually had a ryze similar to your kog earlier this season, something like 16 deaths from an awful lane and then endless solo splitting. Difference is that even when tilted as hell and playing badly, he was able to be an effective threat and our team simply played around him, won me a game to get in promos I think. Legitimate trolls and such drop off pretty quick in high elo, partially because people troll less on tilt, and more just play super selfish. Honestly the game got much more pleasent around d2/D1 for me because it's a good mix of competency and lack of trolls, but doesn't have the seriousness of much higher stuff.
: If jinx has runaans and hit a cluster of three enemies does the damage stack dealing like 3x the damage on a single target?
> [{quoted}](name=Polaris I,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=He0mT64c,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-11T18:22:15.166+0000) > > If jinx has runaans and hit a cluster of three enemies does the damage stack dealing like 3x the damage on a single target? Each runaans rocket does its own aoe (with standard reduced damage like a normal on hit). It's low key why she's strong, only adc who can match sivirs aoe.
: EMOTE GRIPE
But if they didn't make non champ emotes I couldn't fill my emote wheel with penguins....
: ATTENTION JINX IS BROKEN REALLY BROKEN
Why would you ever skip out on the insane team fight damage of runaans tho?
AndrijaVrba (EUNE)
: Took a tilt test, saw that according to rito Michael Jordan is 2nd best player ever, got tilted
Implying air-bud isn't the greatest basketball player of all time >_>
: Pianist Jhin for his day job skin. Just let him play the piano in-game. He's so good at it but he's confined to videos like Awaken and Esports performances.
https://i.imgur.com/sr7ea03.gif
: 4 deaths a game doesnt seem fair. In a short game, sure. In a long one, though...
4 is a hard goal (I haven't reached it yet >_>) but is a fair one. You should be dying a good bit less in short games (to help your average), and in long ones a single death can lose your team the game so even if it goes longer your deaths/min goes down.
: You'll just see someone else doing it in a higher elo.
There's so many fewer trolls in high lp though. Except d4. Fuck d4.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OYVjtWxk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T20:06:00.434+0000) > > People would just leave a few seconds before that mark and then requeue, unfortunately. A lot of good ideas are not viable due to misuse (hence why we don't get lp back from afks and such). "Not a good solution because it has flaws" meanwhile: -autofill -dynamic queue -IFS -leaverbuster
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPTWElUd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-10T19:34:31.382+0000) > > Buffing him may end in cat-astrophe, are you pawsitive that he ~~needs~~ kneads it? ftfy
> [{quoted}](name=ZackTheWaffleMan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPTWElUd,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-10T19:36:54.498+0000) > > ftfy Oh damn, I'm fur-ious at myself for missing that. Thanks for the clawesome suggestion for next time tho!
: Autofill would not be bad if it actually worked as intended. Getting autofilled in a 30 seconds queue is unacceptable and sadly... It happens! They could just make it so you can't get autofilled until queue hasn't hit X time which could be at least something that range from 3 to 5 minutes. I don't think people would actually be that mad to wait 3-5 minutes to get in champion select. You hope you can find a game in 3 minutes, if it doesn't happen you get autofilled as fast as possible and then you are immune for the next few games if it happens. My queue timers never go past 3 minutes.
People would just leave a few seconds before that mark and then requeue, unfortunately. A lot of good ideas are not viable due to misuse (hence why we don't get lp back from afks and such).
Rockman (NA)
: pls buff rango
Buffing him may end in cat-astrophe, are you pawsitive that he needs it?
: Good luck getting riot to sell skins below 1350 anymore
I'll take 1350's, wasn't sure if they were still doing the 780 or whatever that cost was. Figured 520's were donezo though. As I said, less about the cost, more about the skin mindset/priorities.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6l4gJMF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-10T16:33:19.595+0000) > > ... I just op.gg's you to see if you're just that unlucky, and the second game in your match history you're 1/16, and the one before that you're 1/12/8 smite support soraka. You're the troll you hate.... Granted a few games I've trolled, I'm at the end of my witts with half the shit that get's said. I'm at the point where if you can't beat them join them.
Meh, fuck'm. Asshole already ruined one games worth of lp, don't give them the satisfaction of making you lose a second games worth due to tilt. The best revenge is winning enough lp that you never see that guy again.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6l4gJMF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-10T16:33:19.595+0000) > > ... I just op.gg's you to see if you're just that unlucky, and the second game in your match history you're 1/16, and the one before that you're 1/12/8 smite support soraka. You're the troll you hate.... 14-7, loss 20-11 loss 27-10 loss 18-10 loss also note that many of the games I have negative kda it's cause my teamates have fed 10 kills to the enemy katarina by 7-8 minutes and she's 1 shotting me, kat being an example of the hyper carry that's insanely fed.
Okay, that gives you an improvement goal; looking at how to extend your lead and push wins with it. A good goal to shoot for is 4 deaths a game, more than that and your fedness stops mattering as much because of the amount of gold you're giving over. Staying alive is vital to pushing a lead because the moment you die, you lose control of the pacing of a game, which is bad. If you're playing early snowballers you need that tempo to push objectives while you're strong, and if you're late game power with an early lead then you need to control pacing to make sure you're hitting late game whole enemy is midgame by slowing things down and funneling gold to yourself. Your csing looks good. I unfortunately don't know enough about trynd to comment on your builds, they look odd to me, but may be what fogged uses. Many important factors are hard to see on an op.gg review. So I'll toss out a few things that may be useless, or may be helpful. Split pushing is a much more team reliant activity than most realize, and your death count may be bumped up by pushing before your team creates pressure. Yes they may be wrong to be sitting back doing nothing at the time, but you're also in the wrong for not reacting to the situation at hand. Pulling jungle pressure is a great way to make your team play better without actually having to deal with them. If you can continually overpush/do something to make the jungler gank you and *not die* then it's that much less time the jungler can be fucking over your team. Super underrated skill of top lane. Another big factor is just showing up. Infernal drag looking to be a big fight in 15 seconds and you just recalled? Walk bot. Sure the fight might diffuse because you're there, but if your team gets drag and priority at the cost of a bit of your lane (which were gonna assume you win anyway) then that's a big lead.
Rioter Comments
: Every game
... I just op.gg's you to see if you're just that unlucky, and the second game in your match history you're 1/16, and the one before that you're 1/12/8 smite support soraka. You're the troll you hate....
: this game has gone to shit
Don't you need to be 30 to play flex? Op.gg might not have updated their page. Either way, don't flame, it has 0 gain.
Senamz13 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7l1QmJdA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-05T23:57:25.066+0000) > > Play what you're best at. Don't try to metagame it or whatever, make sure your comfortable with your pick so you can pay attention to the game. High elo players rotate smoothly and you need to pay attention to that. A good bit of high elo isn't crushing lane but rather transitioning throughout the game, so don't be overly afraid of losing early, but also don't get cocky if things are going better than expected. > > Ultimately, you passed round 1, they think you've got something. Show them what you've got, don't focus on what others got. Thanks I really appreciate it bud
How did it go? (assuming it was thus weekend)
: Do Magic Resist items even work or is it a joke?
Mr works, but when malphite is 8/2/16 with the most cs in the game, and you're a 1/7/12 braum supp on a budget, you're never going to be able to afford mr to match his damage. You either have to match him earlier before the fedness or slow down the game to where fights aren't happening constantly and yall can balance out a bit.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YAPurL3X,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-09T14:27:31.607+0000) > > It's almost always a late game buy vs an early rush for the others, but don't forget the gold value of an extra ward. Shits op {{item:3069}} {{item:3401}} are definitely good buys. {{item:3092}} just isn't
It absolutely is late game when vision decides the outcome. I'll generally sit on {{item:3098}} until 4 items + pinks (so 1 free slot, usually with part of an item in it), but when games go on as they tend to do, I upgrade. It's rarely worth early because the non ward stats aren't efficient, but the moment your team is reliant on you getting wards out and being with the team constantly prepped to fight, that 4th ward is worth quite a lot of gold.
: To all supports!
It's almost always a late game buy vs an early rush for the others, but don't forget the gold value of an extra ward. Shits op
Senamz13 (NA)
: Advice for College D1 League tryouts
Play what you're best at. Don't try to metagame it or whatever, make sure your comfortable with your pick so you can pay attention to the game. High elo players rotate smoothly and you need to pay attention to that. A good bit of high elo isn't crushing lane but rather transitioning throughout the game, so don't be overly afraid of losing early, but also don't get cocky if things are going better than expected. Ultimately, you passed round 1, they think you've got something. Show them what you've got, don't focus on what others got.
Show more

usul1202

Level 223 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion