Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Same shit with a new login screen.
the client was never updated it was just the launcher so many people dont know this.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=whyusmurfinb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AM0nA19r,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:04:47.447+0000) PBE is the Public Beta Environment. Its meant to test new additions to the game before they go live so that Riot can fix them based off of the feedback/bug reports. Its not an un-moderated, free-for-all int/troll/afk/flame fest. If you're not there to play test new content, then don't play it. That being said, the server for PBE is located in the USA(Chicago, specially) if I'm not mistaken. Unless you live in the US, you're going to be lagging/disconnecting, and everyone knows and accepts this.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AM0nA19r,comment-id=00010000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:19:26.441+0000) > > PBE is the Public Beta Environment. Its meant to test new additions to the game before they go live so that Riot can fix them based off of the feedback/bug reports. Its not an un-moderated, free-for-all int/troll/afk/flame fest. If you're not there to play test new content, then don't play it. > > That being said, the server for PBE is located in the USA(Chicago, specially) if I'm not mistaken. Unless you live in the US, you're going to be lagging/disconnecting, and everyone knows and accepts this. oh sorry i didn't know what pbe meant thank you, did you read what i said? no one said its a free for all but dont expect me to play to win. there should be no flaming only people who try hard flame hence my point.
iiGazeii (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=whyusmurfinb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AM0nA19r,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-05T18:04:26.174+0000) > > who said ? do you have a source?imagine all the try hard players reporting people in a test server. trust me people are not trying to have fun they rage if you dont giVe it ur best . you want me to try hard in pbe cause u cant compete in ur main accs? fuk outta here. There is a huge difference between being a "tryhard" and playing the game. You don't have to commit everything and try your absolute hardest. You can play to win without trying hard, casually and relaxed, and that is so far from feeding, griefing, flaming, going AFK, or just straight-up leaving. Making mistakes or not playing your best is not reportable. Deliberately playing your worst or not playing at all is reportable, and that's what ruins games.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AM0nA19r,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T18:33:27.290+0000) > > There is a huge difference between being a "tryhard" and playing the game. You don't have to commit everything and try your absolute hardest. You can play to win without trying hard, casually and relaxed, and that is so far from feeding, griefing, flaming, going AFK, or just straight-up leaving. > > Making mistakes or not playing your best is not reportable. Deliberately playing your worst or not playing at all is reportable, and that's what ruins games. but who gets to decide who is trying? the person who is reporting. i will not play to win i will play to play this is pbe if you wanna win go elsewhere. the flame in pbe is the same as regular servers which is crazy. people play with 200 ping / constant dc and bugs this isn't a competitive field. there is no reason to even talk in in pbe u play ur game d/c or trolls whatever and u leave. this is not "its just normals" do not think its the same if you have a bad time in pbe then dont play it.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Yes, reporting is taken quite seriously there, more so than any other server as they have a very limited space and want to make sure people are properly testing things.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AM0nA19r,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-05T17:55:35.355+0000) > > Yes, reporting is taken quite seriously there, more so than any other server as they have a very limited space and want to make sure people are properly testing things. who said ? do you have a source?imagine all the try hard players reporting people in a test server. trust me people are not trying to have fun they rage if you dont giVe it ur best . you want me to try hard in pbe cause u cant compete in ur main accs? fuk outta here.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Source?
> [{quoted}](name=Laufplanke,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z94sLUty,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-10T07:19:43.698+0000) > > Source? unless riot openly tells us their player base we wont know. I doubt a company will openly tell people they are losing players.
Kiekie (NA)
: Demoted from Diamond IV to Plat 1 (it has only been 17 days)
i didnt get demoted thankfully i was away only 11 days. i logged in and got a message saying i will be demoted in 2 days if i dont play.
: is diamond+ ladder getting reset?
he is talking about the fiasco master/challenger players went through getting out of diamond. this is the first season i saw this happen so im not gonna go further into that topic. why are you showing screenshots from 3 years ago? do you not play the game anymore?
: is diamond+ ladder getting reset?
where are you getting these numbers? and even if that was true individual performance is still required to climb. you are basically changing the topic but ok. the reason they put smurfs in lower elo is because they dont want people to smurf kinda self explanatory. they may change that later on if it fails but thats up to them . From what i can understand you want players to be judged base on individual performance rather then team wins/loses but that again encourages boosting/smurfing which they are against in the first place. there also many loop holes if the implant something like that.
: > [{quoted}](name=whyusmurfinb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZZFOd5zA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-13T23:16:40.904+0000) > > that is a horrible analogy and you are exaggerating the cons of the current system Certainly not. The system has always been poorly designed and I've been highlighting those issues for close to a decade. >. there is a clear skill difference in each tier but you wont see the difference unless you climb higher. There is a clear difference in skill at the tippy top of the ladder these days and that's basically it. As a 6 season top 1% player who regularly participates in every skill range I can very safely state that silver to diamond is mostly the same skill level. Hell, Chickenwrap just steamed some "diamond" level games for us and mostly the skill level of the players displayed was what one would expect from your average silver player. 5.5 cs per minute from the best farming players, exclusively poor macro and map decisions, next to zero warding play, etc. 5 and 6 years ago that was not what you would see in an average diamond match. > what you do matters more then what the other 4 do because you are the set variable in each game. There's certainly truth in this statement, the issue is the sample size of games required to make that point matter. For the average diamond player it will take well over 1000 games to even see the effects of the individual. That certainly isn't what people want, like, or expect. The reason such a dramatic sample size is needed is because the individual skill metrics of players that directly express their individual skill set is not used and the weight of wins and losses for the algorithm is too high (that weight being 100%) when the individual can only contribute toward a fraction of a win or a loss.
> [{quoted}](name=oOBestEveNAOo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZZFOd5zA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-14T00:19:59.519+0000) > > Certainly not. The system has always been poorly designed and I've been highlighting those issues for close to a decade. > > There is a clear difference in skill at the tippy top of the ladder these days and that's basically it. As a 6 season top 1% player who regularly participates in every skill range I can very safely state that silver to diamond is mostly the same skill level. Hell, Chickenwrap just steamed some "diamond" level games for us and mostly the skill level of the players displayed was what one would expect from your average silver player. 5.5 cs per minute from the best farming players, exclusively poor macro and map decisions, next to zero warding play, etc. 5 and 6 years ago that was not what you would see in an average diamond match. > > There's certainly truth in this statement, the issue is the sample size of games required to make that point matter. For the average diamond player it will take well over 1000 games to even see the effects of the individual. That certainly isn't what people want, like, or expect. The reason such a dramatic sample size is needed is because the individual skill metrics of players that directly express their individual skill set is not used and the weight of wins and losses for the algorithm is too high (that weight being 100%) when the individual can only contribute toward a fraction of a win or a loss. we can agree to disagree i admit there are problems but not to the point you see it. when you say "mostly" it undermines the significance break point needed to escape each tier. Being in diamond 5-3 and leveling many accs to diamond i can pinpoint a skill gap between certain tiers and i think you are aware of some of them. A master player can see everything im doing wrong and to him its quite easy but thats what sets us apart be it small things or not. why is it hard to accept 1k games to see marginal improvements? it will take a normal low elo player more then 1k games to get to diamond. If you are consistent with each game and give it your required 10% then the odds are in your favor.
: is diamond+ ladder getting reset?
that is a horrible analogy and you are exaggerating the cons of the current system . there is a clear skill difference in each tier but you wont see the difference unless you climb higher. what you do matters more then what the other 4 do because you are the set variable in each game.
: is diamond+ ladder getting reset?
so its pointless to play ranked right now good to know. Hopefully this fixes the ladder cause im tired of getting gold players in diamond matches.
Rioter Comments
Šeriu (EUW)
: Custom Skin community needs your help
riot needs the money now that they are running out of things to sell. along with hex-tech chests and other mission loot i dont think custom skins are as necessary.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: This is pretty great (you know, except the taxes). I think the content systems could use a "try before you buy" though. You know, all skins/champs unlocked in Training mode?
just look it up on youtube adding new useless features is just a waste of file size.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: First week of Clash regional tests wrap up
so 3 months and no news....really trying to hide this one
: > [{quoted}](name=whyusmurfinb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6pmI3yJ,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-30T00:44:12.404+0000) > > if you read what i said earlier im talking about hardstuck gold players not diamond players placed in gold. The highest you can start is p1 that is nothing new since every master+ starts p1.If you searched those d1+ players you will see that they are also starting from plat2-1. its just a soft reset everyone is still playing with the same elo players they always have . which is why it doesn't make sense for me to get a gold player and low gold at that. Is that why Tarzaned ended placements in diamond 2?
> [{quoted}](name=Emelie Cauchemar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6pmI3yJ,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-01-30T01:12:02.461+0000) > > Is that why Tarzaned ended placements in diamond 2? once again i said start not placed bcz for the last 8 seasons the highest you could get placed after promos was plat 1 . adding 2 new tiers have changed that idk but getting a low gold player in plat 1-d4 games doesn't seem right does it? there are alot of problems with positional ranking that are popping up left and right so i expect this system to be done with so i can play fairer games.
: Because there are a lot of diamond+ players in gold 1-2 right now, and for some reason or another they got placed there despite the mmr and now have to skip multiple divisions. Same reason IWD was p1 and facing d1+ players.
> [{quoted}](name=Emelie Cauchemar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6pmI3yJ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-29T22:46:51.654+0000) > > Because there are a lot of diamond+ players in gold 1-2 right now, and for some reason or another they got placed there despite the mmr and now have to skip multiple divisions. Same reason IWD was p1 and facing d1+ players. if you read what i said earlier im talking about hardstuck gold players not diamond players placed in gold. The highest you can start is p1 that is nothing new since every master+ starts p1.If you searched those d1+ players you will see that they are also starting from plat2-1. its just a soft reset everyone is still playing with the same elo players they always have . which is why it doesn't make sense for me to get a gold player and low gold at that.
: It’s pretty common to see gold in plat in play games that isn’t common On my main account which is diamond 4 we always have plats in our games and sometimes even golds But if u play blind pick well then that’s very typical tbh though 1 time I got carried by a silver 3
> [{quoted}](name=speedameen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6pmI3yJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-29T19:43:42.077+0000) > > It’s pretty common to see gold in plat in play games that isn’t common > On my main account which is diamond 4 we always have plats in our games and sometimes even golds > > But if u play blind pick well then that’s very typical tbh though 1 time I got carried by a silver 3 plat 1 is basically diamond its not low plat ofc its common there.im not talking about smurfs who have high mmr in gold im talking about hardstuck gold players. no im not talking about blind pick no one cares about rank in blind.
Rioter Comments
: Seriously though, Where is Pykes punish window?
pykes kit sucks soon as he Es in there is plenty of time to kill him cause he is squishy af. He has little decision making to do in his game play besides his ult. since his ult is so good rest of his kit is mediocre and if you are behind u rely on ur team to get others low.
nelogis (EUW)
: lul "logic" "I don't like people playing ARAM so it's a stupid idea" Nice logic
> [{quoted}](name=nelogis,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AinFwag8,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-21T15:32:49.603+0000) > > lul "logic" > > "I don't like people playing ARAM so it's a stupid idea" > > Nice logic wtf who are you quoting ? get off the internet you bum
nelogis (EUW)
: How dare people play what they want! You working at Riot by any chance?
> [{quoted}](name=nelogis,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AinFwag8,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2018-12-20T14:32:23.067+0000) > > How dare people play what they want! > > You working at Riot by any chance? no i use this thing called logic you should try it sometimes
: Riot, if you can make all champs free for Nexus Blitz, you can do it for ARAM too.
its not a great idea bcz new players will will always play aram and not learn summoners rift
Rioter Comments
: Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl
Lord Pho (NA)
: If we are Platinum 5 or any ranks that is Division V, do we move down or up?
> [{quoted}](name=Xenoblade Forces,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=xrvnKl5f,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-11-28T06:05:57.934+0000) > > If we are Platinum 5 or any ranks that is Division V, do we move down or up? none of these changes mean anything when season starts your mmr will still be the same
: Preseason ranked update for Masters+ players
so will this really help the gap between low diamond players and high diamond? even more so how about all the boosted players that are gonna be in d4 now? if you cant effectively catch these players what is the point of this change?
: > [{quoted}](name=whyusmurfinb,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qmGg3EVu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-18T20:02:27.800+0000) > > clash isn't live It's in the client
> [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qmGg3EVu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-18T20:03:00.560+0000) > > It's in the client oh wait ur in euw nbm
: > [{quoted}](name=whyusmurfinb,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qmGg3EVu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-18T20:02:27.800+0000) > > clash isn't live It's in the client
> [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qmGg3EVu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-18T20:03:00.560+0000) > > It's in the client its disabled your issue must be something else send a ticket
: Once AGAIN Clash completely fucks up the game
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Winterwood (EUNE)
: Question about ranked
gold border but deep down you know its not....jk :P
: This is why riot values reddits opinion more, less of these biased know it alls.
> [{quoted}](name=Sleepcoma,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzLKosQc,comment-id=0022000500000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-31T04:44:31.394+0000) > > This is why riot values reddits opinion more, less of these biased know it alls. most of these people log into their second accounts with no ranks so people dont call them out. if you are so insecure about your rank that you gotta make a fake acc just to post shit then ur opinions not worth listening to. most of these people are bronze and silvers and hardstuck gold players- i dont see these useless posts from plat+ players. And when they do post rants like these there are usually some things to think about.
: Are you fucking kidding me with the Dusbklade buff/nerf?
it is a nerf the items main usage was the proc not the lethality if i want lethality i go youmous eberytime before this. you dont understand how hard it is to balance for you low elo players. people are so clueless about the game and their champs role, just because you get owned doesnt mean somethings wrong with the game. you realize how hard it is for assassins to get into fights and get out? if they mess up once they are out of the fight and useless till ults or major cd are up.
Rioter Comments
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=needHymn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lYhblJQz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-25T23:16:52.874+0000) > > Eh sounds like they tried to bite off more than they could chew. Sad though, there's really no reason why they can't design these things in secret and have them literally ready before ever even making the initial announcement. Why announce something and put a deadline on it, when it is still in development. Doing that is just asking for problems like this. Because you can really never know how long it will take to finish programming something. Mistakes were made. simple -good game. stupid company.
: > I am not a programmer. Meaning you dont understand the myriad of things that can go horribly wrong when you transition a large networked system from a small test group to live use? It probably should have been tested harder, but shit happens, especially when tons of people are involved. I was expecting it to fail once. twice is unusual.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9uTx5jAd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-25T23:24:52.172+0000) > > Meaning you dont understand the myriad of things that can go horribly wrong when you transition a large networked system from a small test group to live use? > > It probably should have been tested harder, but shit happens, especially when tons of people are involved. > > I was expecting it to fail once. twice is unusual. it probably should have been tested harder? so thats our fault too? you dont need to be a programmer to realize that this is a fuck up.
Show more

whyusmurfinb

Level 165 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion