BigFBear (EUW)
: Dude... who are you talking to?? And what have your Anivia Story's to do with anything? And who the fuck is Susan? You a little confused?
rujitra (NA)
: Wow. Imagine being so privileged, so sheltered, so entitled, that you freaking complain about getting free stuff. #I have a hell of a lot to say more than that but I'll get suspended probably if I do. Just check your entitlement please.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QARMcMfL,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-22T00:02:57.887+0000) > > Wow. Imagine being so privileged, so sheltered, so entitled, that you freaking complain about getting free stuff. > > #I have a hell of a lot to say more than that but I'll get suspended probably if I do. Just check your entitlement please. Good satire. Used privileged AND entitlement in the same post!
Hotarµ (NA)
: "The free hextech boxes" "free hextech boxes" _**"free"**_ This is the type of attitude that makes game developers hesitant to hand out free stuff. It's literally a free reward for doing absolutely nothing other than playing the free game. Do you remember back in Seasons 1-5 when we didn't _even have Hextech Crafting?_ Because I do, and even if the rewards may be lackluster, it's still **free stuff that I got for doing absolutely nothing.**
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QARMcMfL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-21T23:04:22.951+0000) > > "The free hextech boxes" > "free hextech boxes" > _**"free"**_ > > This is the type of attitude that makes game developers hesitant to hand out free stuff. It's literally a free reward for doing absolutely nothing other than playing the free game. > > Do you remember back in Seasons 1-5 when we didn't _even have Hextech Crafting?_ Because I do, and even if the rewards may be lackluster, it's still **free stuff that I got for doing absolutely nothing.** lmao, acting like the free stuff we _did_ get was complete garbage? No, it was actually good stuff.
AICMan (EUNE)
: Racism even in a video game
And what are you, if not Croatian or Serbian? I don't think you have the right to judge if you're not part of the conflict. For example, black people are excused for their racism in America. I would rather everybody just be allowed to dislike one another instead of forcibly trying to make everybody kiss and hug.
: > [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HkyvGeEg,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T11:29:33.996+0000) > > You can't just throw the "oh she's lesbian btw". You aren't just gay for the sake of being gay. There should be a reason for it. Umm... What? People like who they like, simply because that's who they are. There doesn't have to be a function or a reason for anyone's attraction. There doesn't have to be a reason for Ezreal to be straight, just like there doesn't have to be a reason for Neeko to be gay. Riot is simply, finally reflecting the diversity of our world, on Runeterra. The idea that being trans, gay, bisexual or whatever must serve a function for a character, is just a meaningless restriction that's meant to hamper proper representation.
> [{quoted}](name=Succuro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HkyvGeEg,comment-id=000200000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-20T11:46:04.292+0000) > > There doesn't have to be a function or a reason for anyone's attraction. I implore you to look into world history a bit further, this sentiment comes from thriving societies that will shortly meet their doom.
: I dont have a problem with neeko herself. Her character & and theme tie into her being a lesbian subtly imo. ( well done riot) I take issue with: sexual preference is now an active part of character creation. Imagine if they wanted to make annie after this had been established. Creepy asf
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RYxw4l1q,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-21T14:20:42.215+0000) > > I dont have a problem with neeko herself. > Her character & and theme tie into her being a lesbian subtly imo. ( well done riot) > I take issue with: sexual preference is now an active part of character creation. > > Imagine if they wanted to make annie after this had been established. > Creepy asf They already did it with Zoe. She mentions not having a boyfriend like 50,000 times. (Okay, once as far as I'm aware, but playing her makes it feel like 50,000.)
: Bigotry on the Forums
Imagine believing those not adhering to your opinion are people that are fundamentally flawed... every single time a disagreement occurs.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: League: has like 140 characters that have no confirmed sexualities (most likely most of them are straight) Riot: Confirms that the new champ is gay Players: ''THEY ARE TRYING TO SHOVE GAY STUFF DOWN OUR THROATS''
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6iGb2fNa,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-21T13:38:19.618+0000) > > League: has like 140 characters that have no confirmed sexualities (most likely most of them are straight) > > Riot: Confirms that the new champ is gay > > Players: ''THEY ARE TRYING TO SHOVE GAY STUFF DOWN OUR THROATS'' Riot: Re-working Varus into a gay couple. SJWs: "ONLY HOMOPHOBES COULD HATE THIS CHANGE." Lore followers: Ships every masculine female with every masculine female. Ezreal x Taric basically canon. Riot: We're going to ignore these community-approved pairings and instead show we're buying into SoCal politics by making a character lesbian just cuz.
: My client is super blurry, wtf?
Better pic: https://i.imgur.com/fzO8vMk.jpg
: > [{quoted}](name=dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6iGb2fNa,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-21T09:05:47.317+0000) > > Because it's part of her character and backstory. Why write lore that Illaoi and Gangplank used to be lovers, Xayah and Rakan are a couple, Ez likes Lux, or literally any other example of X champion likes Y champion? You're making mountains out of what I wouldn't even call a molehill it's so insignificant. Oh okay Eminem. Here's a life lesson for you, and I hope you learn it early. The big things in life comes from the small. So before you go runnin' around quoting shitty assminem lyrics, molehills can become mountains. and you don't want that problem to turn into one, so deal with it when it's just a molehill.
> [{quoted}](name=sweet Baby ohai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6iGb2fNa,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-21T09:38:42.120+0000) > > Oh okay Eminem. Here's a life lesson for you, and I hope you learn it early. > > The big things in life comes from the small. So before you go runnin' around quoting shitty assminem lyrics, molehills can become mountains. and you don't want that problem to turn into one, so deal with it when it's just a molehill. You should open a book more if you think that quote was popularized by Eminem.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jinzaburo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5TtrYq2b,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-21T08:33:50.323+0000) > > They're facing a lawsuit right now, it aligns with their political agenda. They need to create an entity to show people women have not lost the "battle of the sexes" at their company Since when was the subject of rape a female specific thing? You know men get raped as well. If anything is taken from your "sarcasim" is that you're a racist and nothing less.
> [{quoted}](name=Ozzie Storm,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5TtrYq2b,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-21T08:37:15.939+0000) > > Since when was the subject of rape a female specific thing? You know men get raped as well. If anything is taken from your "sarcasim" is that you're a racist and nothing less. Where did you get racism from that comment??
Dynikus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=sweet Baby ohai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6iGb2fNa,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-21T08:54:24.101+0000) > > I think your missing the point here. Why even announce her sexuality. For what reason does it matter other than shitty politics and agenda pushing. You can say whatever the hell you want, there's literally no reason to announce that Graves have a v@gina. Because it's part of her character and backstory. Why write lore that Illaoi and Gangplank used to be lovers, Xayah and Rakan are a couple, Ez likes Lux, or literally any other example of X champion likes Y champion? You're making mountains out of what I wouldn't even call a molehill it's so insignificant.
> [{quoted}](name=dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6iGb2fNa,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-21T09:05:47.317+0000) > > Because it's part of her character and backstory. Why write lore that Illaoi and Gangplank used to be lovers, Xayah and Rakan are a couple, Ez likes Lux, or literally any other example of X champion likes Y champion? You're making mountains out of what I wouldn't even call a molehill it's so insignificant. I'm guessing it's due to headcanon shippers that try to forcefeed homosexual pairings.
: The button is obviously there for the option to shop for chromas. I don't see much sense in making it monochrome or grayed out to make your champ select experience easier. Maybe you were thinking of reducing the button size or repositioning it?
> [{quoted}](name=Berserker Armor,realm=EUW,application-id=2E4zVIwd,discussion-id=tPV2WEyp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-18T20:08:52.540+0000) > > The button is obviously there for the option to shop for chromas. I don't see much sense in making it monochrome or grayed out to make your champ select experience easier. Maybe you were thinking of reducing the button size or repositioning it? No, I'm fine with it there and the size, but if I don't have anything there, I should have some sort of indication without needing to open and close the menu. That's two seconds wasted, which is actually a huge deal when I can make a last-second change on a rune in that amount of time. Imagine I join an ARAM. Somebody last second rerolls, so there's a new option to pick up a champion off of the ARAM bench. I choose it. Now I have 12 seconds remaining. I decide I want to use a skin different from the one selected. I see a chroma option for a skin I regularly use, but I don't have a chroma, and I don't realize I don't have a chroma. Then I realize I don't have a rune page since there were changes recently that made a rune bad. Before I can finish changing it and hit save, perhaps just moments before I hit save, the game starts. This is a surprisingly common occurrence for me.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Hamza Har (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=C R Z Y ONLY,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=deZ2Vb8Q,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-10-12T07:29:53.324+0000) > > Don't bother with the kiddos who don't watch sports. Sponsors buy entire events and circuits, lol. Because those things only happen in North America where corporations are allowed to Brainwash the viewer with those repetitive ads
> [{quoted}](name=Pls Buff Shyvana,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=deZ2Vb8Q,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-10-20T10:41:59.591+0000) > > Because those things only happen in North America where corporations are allowed to Brainwash the viewer with those repetitive ads Better than the government doing it, like over in Europe.
Melvear (NA)
: It's been this way for nearly a year though...
> [{quoted}](name=Melvear,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=deZ2Vb8Q,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-12T03:42:04.958+0000) > > It's been this way for nearly a year though... Don't bother with the kiddos who don't watch sports. Sponsors buy entire events and circuits, lol.
Rioter Comments
: Title does not correlate to the body of the post.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=mOf7VmLL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-03T08:33:13.066+0000) > > Title does not correlate to the body of the post. Woops. Big dummy over here.
: Oh your one of those " URF IS SERIOUS BUSINESS 100% META ALL THE TIME MUST WIN OR ZERO FUN" type of people arent ya.
> [{quoted}](name=NocturnalSheild,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HPqlsxhp,comment-id=0000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T17:12:29.157+0000) > > Oh your one of those " URF IS SERIOUS BUSINESS 100% META ALL THE TIME MUST WIN OR ZERO FUN" type of people arent ya. Or I just like it when my champion is minimally functional. Don't be autistic.
Rioter Comments
Cloud273 (NA)
: Why does it feel like AAA single player games are dying...
Tales of Berseria was fire, yo! Gotta look for those gems.
: URF in a nutshell
[Collecting cats, you say?](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEZL37k-oJI)
: Ahh that’s because you think everyone WANTS to play broken champions. Even before ARurf I used to either use the random button or used ultimate bravery’s website to play random urf champions. 95 percent of the fun in urf is playing weird builds like attack speed ahri or 6 warmogs katarina.
> 95 percent of the fun in playing weird builds like attack speed ahri or 6 warmogs katarina. Anybody that actually has fun like this doesn't enjoy the game, they just enjoy the little art next to their pictures and the numbers on the scoreboard.
: When I give someone the GG honor, it's because they were always tilted, and their called shots were garbage.
> [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BYmzBmjm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-16T18:17:59.896+0000) > > When I give someone the GG honor, it's because they were always tilted, and their called shots were garbage. You can definitely tell when it's a BM thing to get honor. It's funny, because I just trigger the report system on them while they give me honor.
Kikirino (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kimuto,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gowUB3OL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-15T07:08:57.328+0000) > > Hitting a mute button makes you enjoy the game more. Why are you reading it and let them ruin your enjoyment? You're a type that can't back down to an argument, aren't ya? I very seldom respond to the shit but I am not going to assume everyone is a piece of shit and mute all as soon as I get in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Kikirino,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gowUB3OL,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-15T15:47:15.275+0000) > > I very seldom respond to the shit but I am not going to assume everyone is a piece of shit and mute all as soon as I get in the game. Plus dead chat makes the game feel dead. That goes for any game, really.
: PLEEEASE GIVE HEC this skin I'll pay $100.00 for it!!
Odin or bust http://i1.2pcdn.com/node14/image/article/201407/23/20140723235226a0dug3e8dxl5082a.jpg
: > [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iM2AxEve,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-14T04:42:18.551+0000) > > Pretending that you're only doing this because you're in queue, when you have methodically responded to every single one of my comments this past evening, is a similarly transparent lie. You figured me out, I've been anxiously sitting here all night just waiting for your next retort carefully planning how I'm going to respond. I guess everything really is all about you after all. Here's the plain and simple truth: 56% of the teams that face Zoe don't seem to have any issues beating her. Maybe you could fork over a few RP and get yourself some 'jingle bells', stop banning Zoe and actually learn how to play against her. Then you might figure out on your own that there's PLENTY of opportunity for counter play. I would love to give you examples but even though I leave her up every game she's almost never picked against me anymore. It's almost as if people have figured out that she's not as OP as everyone believes. Oh wait, I just looked at your match history and see that you haven't even played since she's been released. Imagine that. Sure are a lot of opinions from someone who's never even played against her. I understand now why all of your arguments seem to be pulled out of thin air.
> [{quoted}](name=Gives No Lux,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iM2AxEve,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-14T06:15:03.716+0000) > > You figured me out, I've been anxiously sitting here all night just waiting for your next retort carefully planning how I'm going to respond. I guess everything really is all about you after all. > > Here's the plain and simple truth: 56% of the teams that face Zoe don't seem to have any issues beating her. Maybe you could fork over a few RP and get yourself some 'jingle bells', stop banning Zoe and actually learn how to play against her. Then you might figure out on your own that there's PLENTY of opportunity for counter play. > > I would love to give you examples but even though I leave her up every game she's almost never picked against me anymore. It's almost as if people have figured out that she's not as OP as everyone believes. > > Oh wait, I just looked at your match history and see that you haven't even played since she's been released. Imagine that. Sure are a lot of opinions from someone who's never even played against her. I understand now why all of your arguments seem to be pulled out of thin air. Agreed, I play against her more than I do as her (thanks, ARAM) and she's a peach mid game but applying constant pressure to her is effective. She simply doesn't have the tools outside of fighting. You play against her like any other low-clear mid, except that she has to stay proactive for her lead where a lot of traditional low-clear mids like Kassadin and Fizz scale by staying even. She'll get a chance to turn things around mid game but it's way harder. She reminds me of an AP Jayce. Lots of tools, but once you commit or get caught, you're half as effective afterwards.
: Zoe's bubble is disgusting
It's creative but it also gives time to position away and it's a pretty pencil-thin skillshot. It's also particularly hard when you max range a bubble then have to get back there with a damaging shot on tenacity opponents. They're still moving away from you pre-window, then the window is already gone by the time your damage gets there. It's easy to read pre-6, easy to avoid in lane, it really only gets annoying if she's at max CDR, but even then getting on top of her is probably a fight won. She can maybe get away but she's lost control because most things can kill her while waiting to fall asleep. You know she'll have to eventually pop up near you to finish the fight. You know she'll eventually have to use her skills a particular way. The only real valid argument I've seen against her is the abundance of W's she can get in a "snowballed" fight and disgustingly high damage for an early lead, but she doesn't really have lane priority early.
Nayzumi (NA)
: "We like pairing smurfs with other smurfs"
Only one that seems particularly out of place is Udyr, which would make it a case of somebody being matched upwards.
: > [{quoted}](name=Klavier,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tAUEn31f,comment-id=002b,timestamp=2017-12-13T21:45:19.338+0000) > It is true that she can extend the range to 1375 units with her ultimate but that's actually her combo that locks her down in one place during 1 second which you can easily take advantage of. This is wrong though my {{champion:103}} Charm that would allow me to normally punish something like this doesn't work cause it's only 975 range and even if i hit it you just teleport back to the spot you were in the first place. So i order for me to land a Charm that matters i need to be in 975 Range of you original R spot, but that requires to to make a second mistake of R-ing forward while i'm 975 Range. But that means first you have be out of position and second miss your CC skill shot. Even then you still get free sums that might allow you to run away. This is unlike every other artillery mage which i can punish for making either of those mistakes.
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tAUEn31f,comment-id=002b0000,timestamp=2017-12-14T06:02:23.946+0000) > > This is unlike every other artillery mage which i can punish for making either of those mistakes. Do you know what else makes her unlike most artillary? Shitty wave clear. Usually, you either have to hit the farm once or twice just to have a shot at somebody or hope they're off to the side, splitting the decision.
: Zoe is a champion that rewards bad gameplay.
"Remove the guaranteed return on her blink." Or understand her mechanics and just drop your skillshots on the back of the portal where she literally can't react, whereas she can flash before falling back into the animation. Also, if you could cancel it with CC, she could cancel it and use it with one of her flashes. And if you could cancel it with one flash, you could get another.
: Renekton can be built a ton of different ways depending on the scenario. I didn't say this is a 1-size-fits-all build. It's for when you need to frontline for your team AND the enemy has 2+ tanks. The build maximizes durabilty while not sacrificing anything in terms of raw ad compared to many squishier builds. If you don't have this level of tankiness in a teamfight and you get cc chained, you will die before doing meaningful damage. If you go full tank, you won't have meaningful damage. Then the enemy team can ignore and run past/around you, kill your whole team, and then kill you. If there's 4 squishy enemies and one tank or less, I would go a more damage heavy build and different runes. Such as... {{item:3071}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3075}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3026}} {{item:3047}} Many other options exist; it's all matchup dependent. What's the optimal mix of damage and durability based on my teammates, my opponents, and how everyone is doing in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=woodvsmurph,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YUKsWp4P,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-12-04T19:08:44.755+0000) > > Renekton can be built a ton of different ways depending on the scenario. I didn't say this is a 1-size-fits-all build. It's for when you need to frontline for your team AND the enemy has 2+ tanks. The build maximizes durabilty while not sacrificing anything in terms of raw ad compared to many squishier builds. If you don't have this level of tankiness in a teamfight and you get cc chained, you will die before doing meaningful damage. If you go full tank, you won't have meaningful damage. Then the enemy team can ignore and run past/around you, kill your whole team, and then kill you. > > If there's 4 squishy enemies and one tank or less, I would go a more damage heavy build and different runes. Such as... > {{item:3071}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3075}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3026}} {{item:3047}} > > Many other options exist; it's all matchup dependent. What's the optimal mix of damage and durability based on my teammates, my opponents, and how everyone is doing in the game. My go-to Renekton build was: Lucidity, BotRK, Cleaver, anything with damage, GA
: If I'm being entirely honest, Gen 1 is pretty low on my list. My personal favorite was Gen 3, I love the region, it had the best new Pokemon, and it was a quantum leap for the series. Under that, probably Gen 6, followed by 2, 1, and finally 4. Not that I hated 4, it was just overall really weak. I never played Gen 5, and I have yet to get something from 7. For all of the nostalgia attached to Gen 1, and the veneration of being the first, it's honestly incredibly flawed to the point of being downright broken in many aspect. But that's OK, because the broken glitches and wonky mechanics held together just enough to be part of the game's charm. I mean if MissingNO. existed in a modern game, it would get lambasted and hotfixed, but back then it was a different world and we were too starry eyed to realize this game-breaking glitch was, in fact, a mistake. I love Gen 1, but I love the Gen 1 I played back in '96. I'll probably never play it again, because it would taint the memory to experience all the broken shit as an adult, with years of experience with objectively better Pokemon games.
> [{quoted}](name=Xion Moonray,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RyfYIdZp,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-12-03T00:31:06.302+0000) > > If I'm being entirely honest, Gen 1 is pretty low on my list. My personal favorite was Gen 3, I love the region, it had the best new Pokemon, and it was a quantum leap for the series. Under that, probably Gen 6, followed by 2, 1, and finally 4. Not that I hated 4, it was just overall really weak. I never played Gen 5, and I have yet to get something from 7. > > For all of the nostalgia attached to Gen 1, and the veneration of being the first, it's honestly incredibly flawed to the point of being downright broken in many aspect. But that's OK, because the broken glitches and wonky mechanics held together just enough to be part of the game's charm. I mean if MissingNO. existed in a modern game, it would get lambasted and hotfixed, but back then it was a different world and we were too starry eyed to realize this game-breaking glitch was, in fact, a mistake. > > I love Gen 1, but I love the Gen 1 I played back in '96. I'll probably never play it again, because it would taint the memory to experience all the broken shit as an adult, with years of experience with objectively better Pokemon games. This is an extremely disenfranchised view of the series. Gen 1 and 2 had the best story with the least exposition. It was *your* journey, not being some prodigy destined for great things like gen 3. Norman? Wally? A "mirror image" rival? Dismantling a cult? Weather Gods? Steven? They all served to build *you* up, not force you to rise to the occasion. Gen 1, you're a kid who goes out into the world with no expectations and infinite possibilities. You struggle through the first half of the game with the relative difficulty of starter choices (the only good starter for the first half was least popular). Your rival's a dick and always just a step ahead. You do some small good deeds here and there, but your character is basically only as developed as the world you're exploring. Then shit gets real. Gym leaders start to seem sadistic and use more powerful types. You stumble upon a criminal organization and address it with no assistance. You finally make it to the elite four, and holy shit, it's your dickhead rival! The final test! Minimalism worked in favor of the entire game, the same way Silent Hill's atmosphere was enhanced by Playstation limitations. We weren't amazed by glitches and secrets thinking they were intended, we knew they were exploits. It's just that information wasn't as widespread and word of mouth added to the mysticism that the game atmosphere already created. Gen 2, same start, but now it's a criminal that becomes your rival. He's meant to be a strong, darker opposition. Obstacles show up with no obvious hints, early gym leaders are nightmare fuel. They all come together to really sell that you're on your own. The world as a whole just seems darker, in direct contrast to the wonderful and cheery game. You slowly uncover Team Rocket, again, and Lance is a dick, but you can tell he has a good heart. You get your first encounter with a shiny Pokemon and an egg through the story, opening the world to a number of possibilities in terms of collecting. The world that seems so dark is your oyster. You teach your edgy emo rival that his dark types are still Pokemon, that it's just a label. You beat the figure that represents an older brother, Lance. Travel to another region. Conquer that one, too. Then you go into the most epic encounter in video game history: you fight your former self. Gen 3? The grass and water types overpopulated the pool. The starters felt pandering. The region as a whole was generic and had too much water. In terms of game mechanics, you can't deny it was a step up from the past two, but that's where the improvements end. As a whole, it just had a worse feeling. To this day, the story still has a worse feel. It's not nostalgia, it's the railroading that went against the whole atmosphere Pokemon had created when it was exploding in popularity. Gen 4 went a step further and tore the story apart completely. Same as gen 3: improve the game engine, ruin the feeling. Best competitive gen, if not for sleep. Gen 5 went back to roots and tried less to improve things and more to recreate the feeling of the first games. It worked like a charm. With the focus on how the story plays out, it felt like a start to a return to greatness. Still too many side characters and lots of railroading, but finally your rival isn't just a generic nice guy, and you're just a kid discovering a whole world. Gen 6 takes another step back, going all out on the game engine. It's technically better than gen 5, but once again, the story wasn't memorable in the least. The Pokes were lackluster. It was fun, but it wasn't brilliant. Plus side characters out the ass that killed any desire to move onto a new area, literally just a positive game for competitive. Gen 7? It's not comparable to the other games. They went another direction with it. That's why it feels incomplete to me. I don't think there's enough post-game content for how little you do in the main story, but the ideas presented were cool and risky while still making the engine the best it's ever been. tl;dr: HG/SS were the best Pokemon games, they combined the best story with the most revolutionary gameplay changes.
Teémò (NA)
: Being Called a Genwunner for my displeasure of the current Pokemon franchise.(rant sorry)
Gen 2 (perfection) Gen 1 (minimalism, same reason I love Tales of the Abyss) Gen 7 (expansive but feels incomplete) Gen 5 (closest to earlier gens but shitty post game) Gen 4 (best evolution to competitive with physical/special split but garbage as a single player game) Gen 3 (post game was shit compared to prior games, worst new Pokemon) Gen 6 (so many fucking annoying side characters)
: I drink all the time. It doesn't effect my ability to play video games.
> [{quoted}](name=Moonfall Saber,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PJVKciUF,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-02T22:16:14.876+0000) > > I drink all the time. It doesn't effect my ability to play video games. Depends on how much you drink. If you've built up a functioning-alcoholic-level tolerance or are drinking beer, I believe it. If you're a former homecoming queen binge drinking moonshine at your white trash prom afterparty, you're a liar.
: Why isn't it bannable to play while under the influence of alcohol/drugs?
I've been banned for playing drunk, but I passed out mid-game. I was too lit to stay conscious, and I mentioned I had been drinking pre-game (before they used pre-game chat for bans). With my legitimately terrible build and score, 'leaver' status, and x9 reports (probably with an explanation in the comments), I got banned. I didn't even question it, I was like, "Yep. No use crying over spit-up vodka."
: The REAL Renekton Build
I used to play Renekton. With the pace of games being so fast, your build is tragic. Now I haven't played seriously in a long time, but when I look at my most-played champion and the state of the meta, this is how I would build him: https://i.imgur.com/azdr1gF.png https://i.imgur.com/qDe22i4.png
Rioter Comments
Cynicatt (NA)
: it's literally always been this way. they will defend the people who wrote that garbo basically just to save those employees' feelings rather than listen to the player base, the same as they will defend any employee's actions unless they're ripping on Tyler1 or the subject of the debate happens to be Ahri. I have no problem with Varus being gay, there are just so many parts of the new story that are dumb or just don't make sense in any way, and I think it would be good for the writers to realize their idea was dumb. And it's ok that their idea was dumb, everybody has dumb ideas that they think are good from time to time. There are just better ways to make him gay, or better characters to make gay.
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FZ9TQHbB,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-12-02T12:46:12.877+0000) > > There are just better ways to make him gay, or better characters to make gay. I'm actually super disappointed Zoe isn't gay, she's extremely flamboyant and I'd love for her to have some sort of twisted sapphic interspecies relationship with Lulu.
Jamaree (NA)
: There is a ton of backlash HERE, the fact that the video has shit tons of likes as does the comic kind of shows that this part of the community CLEARLY doesn't speak for everyone. It can't be overstated enough that as much as people talk here and whine here and complain here, we are NOT the majority, we likely make up one percent of one percent of one percent of this game's population. That being said which I didn't make clear before, I think people have all the right to be upset about this, personally, I don't care about the lore changes, they neither positively nor negatively affect me however I believe that if you are pissed you should rant.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FZ9TQHbB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-02T05:01:07.463+0000) > > There is a ton of backlash HERE, the fact that the video has shit tons of likes as does the comic kind of shows that this part of the community CLEARLY doesn't speak for everyone. > > It can't be overstated enough that as much as people talk here and whine here and complain here, we are NOT the majority, we likely make up one percent of one percent of one percent of this game's population. The issue is that those players, the majority, don't care as much about the character or story. They just see a cool cinematic, move on with their day, play an ARAM, and log in a week later for a few drunk games with a group of friends.
: I just threw my keyboard out the window and got a pentakill. Who was I playing?
: I can't find one describing how I play League, but I found one about how I FEEL when I play League: https://i.giphy.com/media/ntjBjvfnakKJ2/giphy.gif
> [{quoted}](name=TheGreatJRC,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=v1E7ee0b,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-12T21:35:51.074+0000) > > I can't find one describing how I play League, but I found one about how I FEEL when I play League: > https://i.giphy.com/media/ntjBjvfnakKJ2/giphy.gif Close enough!
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=GFriend Eunha,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AtZLfEBz,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-10T00:08:28.711+0000) > > ok yes i was lying but not to make people sympathetic, i did it because i hoped this post will get recognized faster. and it was true Do you see what keeps happening? You make a statement, get called out, then immediately backtrack and admit the truth. Why do people need to call bullshit for you to be honest with them?
> [{quoted}](name=GFriend Eunha,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AtZLfEBz,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-10T00:14:10.074+0000) > > because i actually wanted to talk with a rioter about this issue and not with insignificant people like you If you needed to lie, then you didn't deserve a Rioter's attention.
: ok yes i was lying but not to make people sympathetic, i did it because i hoped this post will get recognized faster.
> [{quoted}](name=GFriend Eunha,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AtZLfEBz,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-10T00:08:28.711+0000) > > ok yes i was lying but not to make people sympathetic, i did it because i hoped this post will get recognized faster. and it was true Do you see what keeps happening? You make a statement, get called out, then immediately backtrack and admit the truth. Why do people need to call bullshit for you to be honest with them?
: ok, sry i didnt know that, but i just said it to a premade
> [{quoted}](name=GFriend Eunha,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AtZLfEBz,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-11-10T00:05:11.360+0000) > > well some players never pay attention to the chat. btw this is the best example only one player gets punished, that jhin in game was also pretty toxic, but your system can only filter "kys, etc.", but not deathwishes for example Or you have no idea what the system picked up and you're talking out of your ass.
: yeah, so you say that to it means nothing but you think you are better. haha
> [{quoted}](name=GFriend Eunha,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AtZLfEBz,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T23:56:53.010+0000) > > yeah, so you say that to it means nothing but you think you are better. haha I do think I'm better, because I'm not getting banned and lying to make people sympathetic towards me.
: well its just one of my accounts and the others arent banned and actually honor 5. lol
> [{quoted}](name=GFriend Eunha,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AtZLfEBz,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T23:53:15.708+0000) > > well its just one of my accounts and the others arent banned and actually honor 5. lol Everybody is honor five. That means literally nothing other than you've played the game since the honor update. If you really think a point system excuses the things you say to other people, you need to look at how you evaluate yourself.
: and you are from NA? you really think you are better?
> [{quoted}](name=GFriend Eunha,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AtZLfEBz,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T23:48:09.396+0000) > > and you are from NA? you really think you are better? I'm not banned, so probably. lmao Everything I'm saying is on public record and I'm telling you that you did a shitty thing by trying to play the system after getting rightfully banned.
Show more

x No Heart

Level 147 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion