: I'm tired of hugging the tower while Zed gets to free farm and harass me endlessly for 10-20 minutes
You can't one trick a champion and then complain about a bad matchup for said champion as if it's OP. Try playing someone else. I also don't see a Seeker's or set of Tabis in any of your matches. The real problem with Zed is he can dive any squishy from insane range (especially with flash) and then leap out with no consequences.
: If SILVERS cannot Duo with PLATINUMS, WHY are they queued AGAINST ONE OTHER?
A gold was duo with the silver on one team and another gold was duo with the plat. The only way to fix something like that is to restrict duos to just being in the same league.
: I Want You to Give an Honest Evaluation
Unironically I feel like you are a Teemo or Vayne top player.
Çaged (NA)
: What's the strongest role in your opinion?
It depends on the champions played in each role. For example, if a bruiser carry like Jax is in a game, top becomes infinitely more important than if he were a Sion or a Maokai. Generally, however, barring the hyper carries, I have to say Mid > Jungle > Top > Support > ADC. I rank mid higher than jungle because the better mid decides which jungler gets fed if they both play with equal skill. And if either mid or jungle gets fed, they can spread their lead to the other lanes too. Then I say top because of AD bruisers and the fact that usually, top will include good engage or a strong split push, and both of these can turn leads harder than just moar damage would. I rank support higher than ADC because the better support (unless you're a Draven or something else that can just take over a lane) will determine how lane goes, not the ADC, and ADC is a very, very snowbally role beyond that.
: yeah sucks when we have people with little to no jungler experience or people that play support junglers OR low elo junglers who will do nothing but blame themselves when it was actually the laners fault.
> [{quoted}](name=IS2cc045cb42356,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Zx4q5GzH,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-16T12:28:28.961+0000) > > yeah sucks when we have people with little to no jungler experience or people that play support junglers OR low elo junglers who will do nothing but blame themselves when it was actually the laners fault. The worst of it is, no one has jungle experience or wants to. Riot hates the existence of the role.
: I Feel Bad for Junglers
Yep. Meanwhile, Riot does not like us having gold or exp.
: > [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0LXvhw5U,comment-id=0038,timestamp=2019-04-13T11:22:21.092+0000) > > I mean honestly, my faith in humanity drops every day. > > I encounter at least one person every other game, though usually more, with blatantly obvious racial slurs. Most likely what happened is he stomped someone and they were salty or he played bad and his teammates were salty and reported him for 3 random things, and Riot just kinda did dumb things after that. > > That username is in no way even slightly racist and honestly cannot be interpreted to be so. Exactly what I'm thinking. I was accused of cheating because I won a game with Xerath and managed to land nearly every ult that game. Just means the enemy is bad at dodging. If we all were reported and punished for random crap when we snowballed out of control there would be no one left in LoL. The OP just happened to have a report that went through.
Anyway, I hope he gets compensation. GL OP
TMek7 (EUW)
: yeah I don't trust teammates to take advantage of an opportunity I try to give em. the teammates I get would rather let them push all the way to base if it means they 'might' die otherwise. I don't flame people for not following up on me, so its annoying to get flamed because you don't throw yourself into there team to buy time :V
Right. Like if you don't have waveclear, you *have* to engage.
: I treat enemies who won't end an easy game as a target. "You won't end? Fine. I'm going to actually try and win now and fuck you up!" Sometimes we come back from a 4/24 @ 10 minutes game :) then I go in post game chat and berate enemy for not fucking ending. Feels good man.
I just gotta disagree, man. Perhaps you're more patient than I, but the ratio of games that are thrown is just not high enough for me lol. Besides, at that point to me, the win isn't even important, I'd rather just go next and try to not make the same mistakes, and limit my tilt.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rL73us1Z,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-13T23:33:33.622+0000) > > I'm interested to see it, I'm always curious as to what tilts other people beyond getting hard countered in lane and when a teammate is playing badly. Here's the basic list of what tilts me in this game. Things that tilt me in this game Top Lane - Jayce - Kleptomancy Kennen - Gnar - Riven - Pantheon's point and click low mana cost poke - Junglers decide this lane, not the laners. - Top Laners who are 0/3 and down 30+ CS that still try to fight their laner. - Top Laners who don't ward and complain about getting camped. - Nasus players who use their TP to go catch a wave bot lane while we fight for Baron. Jungle - Twitch Jungle + Lane Lulu funnel strategy - Level 2 gank meta in general. - Scuttle Crab as a whole. - Junglers who try to force Baron when all 5 are alive and we don't have vision of all 5 enemies. - Junglers who try to "clean up" after we die to a gank but end up dying themselves. - Junglers who AFK farm on champions like Jarvan and Lee Sin. Mid Lane: - Mages who don't rush Seeker's Armguard against Zed or Talon then complain about how "overpowered" Zed and Talon are. - Mid laners who do not roam. - 85 CS at 30 minute mid laners while never roaming. - Yasuo - Aftershock Mages - Mages who don't buy a Void Staff / Morellonomicon and then say "wtf mundo unkillable" in chat. ADC: - ADC's who do not ward and flame the Support when there's no vision. - ADC's who will not let a Relic Shield Support use their Relic charges. - ADC's who'd rather go bot lane late game than fight for Baron. - ADC's who will not buy Armor Penetration / Healing Reduction against Tanks and Sustain champions. - Tristana, Draven and Vayne players who knock enemies out of my combo. Support: - Janna, Nami, Lulu, Sona and Soraka players who sit a screen behind me in lane and do nothing. All this does is get me zoned from CS. - Supports who are reckless with their skillshots and end up taking half a wave of CS from me. - Supports who don't understand ADC powerspikes and keep trying to force unfavorable fights in lane. (Vamp Scepter Vayne vs BF Sword Draven usually means you don't want to fight...) - Supports who think when the tower goes down that they have to abandon the ADC completely. - Supports who pick passive Supports with aggressive ADC's or aggressive Supports with scaling hypercarries.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rL73us1Z,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T10:22:46.459+0000) > > Here's the basic list of what tilts me in this game. > > > > Things that tilt me in this game > THIS MAN DEADASS MADE THE LIST I'M HYPED > Top Lane > > - Jayce > - Kleptomancy Kennen > - Gnar > - Riven > - Pantheon's point and click low mana cost poke > - Junglers decide this lane, not the laners. > - Top Laners who are 0/3 and down 30+ CS that still try to fight their laner. > - Top Laners who don't ward and complain about getting camped. > - Nasus players who use their TP to go catch a wave bot lane while we fight for Baron. Agree with Jayce, Kennen, Pantheon, and the Nasus player. I disagree about Gnar and Riven, however, but that's mostly because in a land of Melees dominated by ranged champs, I'll take what I can get. As for the fighting issue, while I mostly agree, toplane will sometimes lend itself to dives more easily than other lanes. As for the jungler issue, I agree to an extent. For example, if I'm playing Jax, and am against a Kayle, that Kayle should be getting camped. She has no gank escape. Whether the jungler decides to do that will decide your lane. If there is a lane bully involved, you are correct. > Jungle > > - Twitch Jungle + Lane Lulu funnel strategy Yes. > - Level 2 gank meta in general. Riot has forced this. You can't safely powerfarm and be relevant anymore. Even junglers hate it. > - Scuttle Crab as a whole. I like it, but I'm a mid lane main who abuses the early skirmishes and gets fed, so I'm biased. > - Junglers who try to force Baron when all 5 are alive and we don't have vision of all 5 enemies. Yes. > - Junglers who try to "clean up" after we die to a gank but end up dying themselves. Yes. > - Junglers who AFK farm on champions like Jarvan and Lee Sin. Yes. And let me add, junglers who split push in bot lane at 25 minutes when baron is up. > > Mid Lane: > > - Mages who don't rush Seeker's Armguard against Zed or Talon then complain about how "overpowered" Zed and Talon are. Talon is garbo right now (I say as an ex Talon main) but it is necessary v Zed I think. > - Mid laners who do not roam. It is hard to roam right now in mid lane. For river skirmishes, sure, but ganking other lanes sucks because you will almost always give up a plating, even if you correctly shoved lane and the enemy laner was missing. > - 85 CS at 30 minute mid laners while never roaming. Yes. I should add though, that mid laners are often starved in low elo by their team ARAMing mid and taking literally all minions, especially if you're a Xerath or something else that should never EVER go to a side lane alone. > - Yasuo Yes. > - Aftershock Mages Yes. > - Mages who don't buy a Void Staff / Morellonomicon and then say "wtf mundo unkillable" in chat. They're just ignorant anyway then. A mage won't kill a Mundo, unless he's hyper fed and Mundo is uber behind. > ADC: > > - ADC's who do not ward and flame the Support when there's no vision. Lol yes. (I don't ward tho tbh I'm bad about it. I'm good at predicting ganks though and I only ADC with a duo support and he's a god who carries me.) > - ADC's who will not let a Relic Shield Support use their Relic charges. Y E S. > - ADC's who'd rather go bot lane late game than fight for Baron. Y E S. > - ADC's who will not buy Armor Penetration / Healing Reduction against Tanks and Sustain champions. Y E S. > - Tristana, Draven and Vayne players who knock enemies out of my combo. This one usually just makes me laugh. > > Support: > > - Janna, Nami, Lulu, Sona and Soraka players who sit a screen behind me in lane and do nothing. All this does is get me zoned from CS. Agree to an extent. You should normally be in front of all these champs (except Sona) but I've seen these players sit so far away that they don't get EXP and that's just dumb. > - Supports who are reckless with their skillshots and end up taking half a wave of CS from me. Yes. Or worse, they mess it up badly enough that neither of you get the last hit. > - Supports who don't understand ADC powerspikes and keep trying to force unfavorable fights in lane. (Vamp Scepter Vayne vs BF Sword Draven usually means you don't want to fight...) I duo when I'm ADC, so I don't really know the feeling. Most mistakes that are made are mine lol. > - Supports who think when the tower goes down that they have to abandon the ADC completely. I tend to abandon my support XD but I play self-sufficient ADCs usually. On the other hand, when I support (especially on Pyke), I group with the larger group of teammates. If my ADC is not with them, I forget about him. Especially if he stays in the bot lane rather than making the proper rotation. > - Supports who pick passive Supports with aggressive ADC's or aggressive Supports with scaling hypercarries. I disagree here, but only in that the ADC really doesn't matter in lane unless the laning phase extends past 18 mins or so. (I play in Silver/Bronze man, it happens). Especially if they're a one-trick, I'd rather they play their champ.
no0kiee (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BAQBKO86,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-04-14T01:31:36.528+0000) > thanks for your open reply, i'm glad we have some simular opinions, i might be wrong in some things, but this is my opinion aswell mb a bit much emotions, but it's still how i feel.
I feel bad for responding so negatively now. I was on a rampage man, my bad DX.
BG653 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dQY2Hv9H,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T12:08:17.335+0000) > > Completely false lol. > > The reason people say this is cuz it sucks more to lose in promos so you remember it more. > > Especially since often times when you're in promos you'll also match against people who are in their promos. What does Riot do then? Rig it against both teams? Lol. > > What about when you have a teammate in their promos? Are you just doomed to lose? Or destined to win against an opponent in their promos? > > You just don't wanna blame yourself. I dont wanna insult you in any way but you clearly didnt read what i wrote. Nowhere have i stated that 100% of the time its rigged against you. The system just makes it so that people in promos MOST TIME will face harder oponents.
Except that's the exact statement I addressed. Except you're wrong and you don't, unless you wanna count the slight increase in your MMR that results from the win percentage that you must have had when you got into your promos. You're speaking from a position of salt, not experience. EDIT: Also, you specifically said, EVERY TIME, you will get the lower rated team big boy.
no0kiee (EUW)
: this game is broken, today i quit, cya guys.
> [{quoted}](name=no0kiee,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BAQBKO86,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-13T18:53:44.953+0000) > > So the subject is, this game is out of control, it's not fun anymore, all i loved in this game was remade/nerfed deleted: > - 70% games solved before minute 10 mark I agree here. I don't mind games being decided by then, but they should end by then if that is the case. It sucks to lose up to the 35 minute mark when it was decided at 10 minutes that you're gonna lose. > -if you do 1 mistake especially top (sorry for you guys, it's a suicide to play top lane), or you ganked - you are done, in most cases you will suck rest of the game Completely false. Top lane is the one that lends itself most to outplays and stuff because it has the most diverse champ pool. In some cases, you're right, but in at least half, I believe you are wrong. (Two to three deaths, however, can produce the result you mentioned.) > -my favourite role marksman is not playable anymore, too much dependence of your support (usually autofilled haha what a joke riot), marksman can't do anything by their own, if you do 1 little mistake you are dead, also bot lane getting ganked right after buff while you are not even finished 1st wave, hilarious isn't it? WHAT A FUN GAMEPLAY, uh yeah 5 man bot camp clown fiesta for sure. Duh? Why give the champions with the highest damage output the ability to operate completely independently of their teammates? And if you know a gank is coming, prepare for it, idk what you mean. You SHOULD depend on your support as a marksmen. (Then again, AD bruisers are a problem right now and can match ADC damage output, and you see how pissed that has everyone). > -ap support is a cancer of botlane, it's a 2nd midlaner wich don't need to farm and has wards, outdamage any adc during all game and still able to oneshot adc at any stage of the game I agree that it sucks to play against it. Especially Vel'Koz. I don't think it's busted though? They don't dominate the meta, they are just an important part to it. > -assassins are broken, mages broken, lethality is broken, balance is broken Everything but your role is broken? That just sounds like salt I don't even feel like entertaining. > -in 9.8 Master Yi Highlander (R) [New] Master Yi is ghosted (can move through units) during R AHAHAAHA WHAT A JOKE Clap Clap Clap Riot, gl with that guys you don't have enogh bans to ban all op champions. Yi isn't even close to OP, he just has snowball. C'mon man have some pride. > -new rune system is harder to balance then the old one runes+masteries, i've never seen this game on a such bad balance spot. You literally offer no reasoning behind this? I guarantee you if our current rune system was replaced with a new one, you'd immediately talk about how great this one is because that's just how these things work. > -riot made new accounts to let smurfing bustards with 30 lvl accounts to ruin games more easier It's a free game, expect this. Play literally any other cheap/free game and you'll have the same problem. It sucks but it's unavoidable and Riot can't really do anything about it. > -2 preamdes for a team possible ahahaha what a joke, enemy team can have 2 premades while your team are all solos, riot made this intentionaly, they force us to play more games and made us never rich our goals (climb or whatever) I agree that facing duos is an inherent disadvantage not related to gameplay, and can therefore suck. > -most champions buffed right before the new skin is going to come out in next patch, riot doing business, they don't care about you guys they want money, stop give them money... Tinfoil hat is real. Champs with bigger fanbases will always get more attention, balance changes + skin changes on the same champ both correlate to the champ's popularity, not to each other. > I've spend a lot of money for this account, that's why i couldn't quit 3 years ago, i was fooling myself for so long, i almost did it, but i came back after half of the year break, now i don't care, i'm done Riot goodbye. Clearly you care enough to come here and complain.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZMkEK1tN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-13T15:41:49.697+0000) > > Kayle can't oneshot for shizzle AP Kayle can
You gotta admit the idea that you could have thrown. I didn't look like the other guy cuz I'm lazy, but if your team was as far ahead as you say, the win was yours.
: This. Everyone complaining about level 16 when early game Kayle is just safe af while also being a poke monster. She has bad matchups, but they're avoided by simply not picking her unless the opponent picks an immobile melee champ. Then it's a free win. But that's top lane in general right now. Oh you picked an immobile melee before I picked? I'll just pick one of the plethora of viable top ranged champions that can both poke you out and straight duel you half the time while having tools to say screw your aggression {{champion:85}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:13}} . Top lane is a fun time.
Yeah she's definitely not useless early. She can play safe af, has good poke (though if she uses it to poke she can't use it to farm so it's a trade-off for sure), and her only downside is bad all-ins and a lack of mobility. But yeah top lane is mostly decided based on "who picked first" and "did the second pick own/play a decent counter" because it tends to be an island without ganks (understandably so for sure, considering many top laners don't really fall behind to the point of uselessness, and all ADCs and most midlaners can, and macro reasons too).
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: >Pretty much every other form of healing off of AoE damage has had that reduction Yes it's really stupid, hecarim heals 1/4 of his hp with one Q if he hits 3 or 4 champions no wonder nobody picks renekton
Lol if Hecarim manages to hit 3 or 4 champions he DESERVES that heal.
GoDTroX 1v9 (EUNE)
: Yeah, all you see is average rank, but what you don't see is mmr, matchmaking is based on mmr not on ranks, those gold 4's might be on losing strike and have bad mmr, so they are placed to play against you. You should play ranked flex to see the the big difference in ranks and maybe in mmr too, in flex silver can play against plats, and gold can play against dias, but it's funny that they can't que together, so i would never suggest to play flex and expect balanced matchmaking, In solo/duo its kinda balanced, not always but most of the times. Mmr is purely defined on wins and loses, so if you hit losing strike you may have lower mmr than your rank and have low lp gains and big lp loses, but if you are on winning strikes your mmr might be higher than your rank and your lp gain will increase and but lp losses decrease. The best way to know your mmr is through your lp gain, it tells you how good your mmr is, for dia+ this might be incorrect and its because of Rito, they are trying to fix it, but currently we don't know when it's gonna be fixed.
> [{quoted}](name=GoDTroX 1v9,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iv6foPUg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-13T19:06:44.521+0000) > > Yeah, all you see is average rank, but what you don't see is mmr, matchmaking is based on mmr not on ranks, those gold 4's might be on losing strike and have bad mmr, so they are placed to play against you. > > You should play ranked flex to see the the big difference in ranks and maybe in mmr too, in flex silver can play against plats, and gold can play against dias, but it's funny that they can't que together, so i would never suggest to play flex and expect balanced matchmaking, > In solo/duo its kinda balanced, not always but most of the times. > > Mmr is purely defined on wins and loses, so if you hit losing strike you may have lower mmr than your rank and have low lp gains and big lp loses, > but if you are on winning strikes your mmr might be higher than your rank and your lp gain will increase and but lp losses decrease. > > The best way to know your mmr is through your lp gain, it tells you how good your mmr is, for dia+ this might be incorrect and its because of Rito, they are trying to fix it, but currently we don't know when it's gonna be fixed. Again, someone who is completely right and downvoted into the depths of hell lol.
: > [{quoted}](name=GoDTroX 1v9,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iv6foPUg,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-04-13T23:38:46.920+0000) > > Well, the system doesn't work like that xd, at least not in solo/duo ranked. then, may i ask, how does it work? because from what i can tell this is exactly how it works. obviously my example was a bit over the top, in ranked iron and dia wont be matched but this is basically what happened many times before. bronze silver and gold players together in the same game cause gold - bronze = silver so lets balance 2 gold and 2 bronze with 6 silver players.
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iv6foPUg,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T23:42:10.611+0000) > > then, may i ask, how does it work? > because from what i can tell this is exactly how it works. > > obviously my example was a bit over the top, in ranked iron and dia wont be matched but this is basically what happened many times before. bronze silver and gold players together in the same game cause gold - bronze = silver so lets balance 2 gold and 2 bronze with 6 silver players. Yes and no. You also have to take into account that solo carrying in League is easier than it probably should be, so the team with the best player has a much higher chance of just getting completely carried. That said, it's impossible or impractical to match people with exact MMRs because matchmaking would take forever, so it's the best option.
: that's actually about right, though im not sure why it averaged the other team to Gold 4, given only two on the team were that rank...so that might be a bit off it actually should have been lower what with two enemies being unranked and one being silver 1
> [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iv6foPUg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-13T14:52:27.368+0000) > > that's actually about right, though im not sure why it averaged the other team to Gold 4, given only two on the team were that rank...so that might be a bit off > > it actually should have been lower what with two enemies being unranked and one being silver 1 Unfortunately, you're completely right and don't deserve a downvote. It's entirely possible that those unranked opponents have a skill level of a Silver 4 or Bronze 1, and the golds balance it out. That, and well, LP =/= MMR.
: > [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AsfIJowY,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-13T23:40:42.393+0000) > > To be honest, it's not even okay to point it out. Mostly because I can't think of a time where someone else pointed out a bad play, even in the nicest of ways, and it did not get a negative response by someone on the team. > > If you're going to say something, however, the best way to phrase it is something along the lines of "rip, it's all g though, if we can focus on [INSERT STRATEGY HERE] we can make up for it." > > Like, even if you are right and your teammate is a totally boosted monkey, criticizing them is not going to make them a discernibly better player over the course of your single game. I tend to frame it as “next time try x, almost, etc.”
> [{quoted}](name=HateDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AsfIJowY,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-04-14T00:01:21.170+0000) > > I tend to frame it as “next time try x, almost, etc.” That works on the same premise. Anything is better than "omg why tf didn't you flash on the Jhin" or "omg ur so bad u missed ur bind"
: > [{quoted}](name=HateDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AsfIJowY,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-13T19:46:52.289+0000) > > I don’t like having to mute people honestly. I prefer to communicate during games. Also, this doesn’t outright excuse flaming either. While I agree that it’s silly to expect people to be understanding, it’s certainly not out of bounds to to expect people to back off either. I don't like having to mute people, either. I prefer to communicate during games, too. However, the behavior you describe (flaming, harassment, etc.) isn't communicating. If a toxic player shouted at you during the match, continued to shout at you in post-game chat until you left, and then sent you a friend request, would you accept that request with the expectation that they might "back off" and suddenly be nice?
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AsfIJowY,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-04-13T23:30:32.887+0000) > > I don't like having to mute people, either. I prefer to communicate during games, too. However, the behavior you describe (flaming, harassment, etc.) isn't communicating. If a toxic player shouted at you during the match, continued to shout at you in post-game chat until you left, and then sent you a friend request, would you accept that request with the expectation that they might "back off" and suddenly be nice? It's unfortunate that KFC is right in this instance. At the first sign of negative behavior, I just try to mute chat first (so that we can still communicate through pings) but if they are distracting with that too, I mute them as well. I wish I didn't have to because it doesn't feel fun, but I know that if they do manage to tilt me, my play will suffer for a bit, and maybe even into the next game or two if those have a bad start or I get counterpicked or something.
: I made a bad play
To be honest, it's not even okay to point it out. Mostly because I can't think of a time where someone else pointed out a bad play, even in the nicest of ways, and it did not get a negative response by someone on the team. If you're going to say something, however, the best way to phrase it is something along the lines of "rip, it's all g though, if we can focus on [INSERT STRATEGY HERE] we can make up for it." Like, even if you are right and your teammate is a totally boosted monkey, criticizing them is not going to make them a discernibly better player over the course of your single game.
Antenora (EUW)
: I'll write a list when I get a chance of things that tilt me in this game.
I'm interested to see it, I'm always curious as to what tilts other people beyond getting hard countered in lane and when a teammate is playing badly.
y0r1ck (NA)
: Yes I appreciate the fresh perspective. It tilts me too.
Glad I'm not the only one.
TMek7 (EUW)
: I wish that was the problem I have. Mine is simply 'backseat players', teammates who act like they know everything about the match. I've had teammates complain about me as {{champion:54}} not engaging on the bulk of the enemy team ({{champion:122}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:6}}), since we lacked reliable CC I was opting to jump on their {{champion:21}} to push her out of the fight and stopping her from ulting our entire team. Despite half the time I did engage, teammates would take too long to catch up to me before I'd be killed. We didn't have a stong 'teamfighting' team so me engaging on their group would just be a slow loss. While its easier to have them soft engage onto us (they didn't have a strong engage outside of just being tanky and walking into us) and I'd use my ult to try and divide their team, making it easier for my 4 teammates to 'hopefully' kill 2-3 champs before they turn around and blow me up. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
Truthfully, I try to avoid playing engage champions because of circumstances like this. I know that it hurts me in a lot of situations to not have that part of my comp, but I just don't trust my teammates to follow-up even on perfect engages. Not that I'm any better than they are, we're all bronze and we suck equally lol, I just typically try to play something more focused on picks or safely poking or splitpushing because I know that usually, if I die, it's entirely going to be my fault.
: Or people who hold you hostage instead of just ffing.
Exactly. I don't FF before 25 minutes as a general rule (because up to that point, a good skirmish on your part can turn around most deficits unless it's a hard stomp) but after that, it becomes more and more hopeless until everyone is full build.
Seen (NA)
: if they drag it to 45 minutes it becomes anyone's game. All it takes it one throw to lose the game.
That doesn't mean I'm having fun being stat-checked for 45 minutes straight instead of the game getting closed out though. I'd rather lose and have already begun another game that is closer and can be won by good macro on your part rather than bad macro on the opponents' part.
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KZd7J0e2,comment-id=000400000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-12T16:45:22.648+0000) > > They were afk in the fountain refusing to play so yeah I don't think it mattered chief. If they were AFK and it didn't matter, what was the point of harassing them in chat? And, obviously, either they saw it or it bothered the non-AFK teammates, because someone reported it. With any luck, this chat restriction will reduce your toxicity and help you win more games.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KZd7J0e2,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-12T17:29:50.882+0000) > > If they were AFK and it didn't matter, what was the point of harassing them in chat? And, obviously, either they saw it or it bothered the non-AFK teammates, because someone reported it. > > With any luck, this chat restriction will reduce your toxicity and help you win more games. I love you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Morgana Deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KZd7J0e2,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-12T05:02:41.474+0000) > > I took two week break cause ranked games were terrible. Came back: > > * Game 1: We're winning hard. My jungle gets his red buff taken and tells my bot lane to slit their throats and kill themselves. My bot lane stops playing and I lose. I guess I should have played better. > > * Game 2: My bot lane afks at their tower and lets the enemy team invade me putting me behind in jungle. Then every lane loses solo and goes 0/5. My mid laner flames my bot lane hard. I explain to my bot lane how they fucked up the game by not doing point defense. I get a chat ban. Yawn. I should have play better I guess. > > * Game 3: Every lane hard ints . My mid laner rages at my bot lane. I went like 4/4/2 early. They all went 0/5. I should have played better I guess. > > Yep. League is a fun game. i checked your first game, your bot lane has deaths on the map at the 32 minute mark, and 38 minute mark. doesn't look like they afk'd matter of fact your support equals your level, and the adc is lvl 17 while you're lvl 14 as the midlaner, if they afk'd what the fk did you do? you're lying. and yes you should've played way way way way way way way better. 0/7 lulu with 44 cs and 2,5k damage dealt to champs in the midlane, what's your excuse for inting the game away? your 2nd game was a hard stomp, get the fuck out with your bullshit, no way you win that one even if god himself descended into your teammates and tried to 1v9. what did you expect your bot to do lmao, and congrats you told them how they lost you the game, way to own up to your own mistakes. even if you did perfect, shit like this happens your 3rd game, you did ok, but couldn't carry unlucky. however here you are calling them inters when you were them in the first game. therefor you are a massive hypocrite. also karthus jungle, press R for kill. who's to say you even ganked or helped if you wanna come here and complain how garbage the game is and how shit it is that your team loses you games, then fine but atleast be honest you're obviously a smurf too, bronze 1 in february 16, plat 3 in april 12th with no rank in the previous seasons. so you should be the one hard carrying considering you're already ruining games by smurfing. i'd expect you to complain about autofill or something, you're clearly a support main on that account. the 3 games you described are you in mid-jgl-gl. also your previous matches before these, were 7 and 8 days ago so your title is already a lie, and you expected us to believe you on your word that your allies did all those things? i only checked your op.gg due to sheer boredom and some curiosity
> [{quoted}](name=Lazy Grandpa,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KZd7J0e2,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-04-12T12:06:13.371+0000) > > i checked your first game, your bot lane has deaths on the map at the 32 minute mark, and 38 minute mark. doesn't look like they afk'd matter of fact your support equals your level, and the adc is lvl 17 while you're lvl 14 as the midlaner, if they afk'd what the fk did you do? you're lying. and yes you should've played way way way way way way way better. 0/7 lulu with 44 cs and 2,5k damage dealt to champs in the midlane, what's your excuse for inting the game away? > > your 2nd game was a hard stomp, get the fuck out with your bullshit, no way you win that one even if god himself descended into your teammates and tried to 1v9. what did you expect your bot to do lmao, and congrats you told them how they lost you the game, way to own up to your own mistakes. even if you did perfect, shit like this happens > > your 3rd game, you did ok, but couldn't carry unlucky. however here you are calling them inters when you were them in the first game. therefor you are a massive hypocrite. also karthus jungle, press R for kill. who's to say you even ganked or helped > > if you wanna come here and complain how garbage the game is and how shit it is that your team loses you games, then fine but atleast be honest > > you're obviously a smurf too, bronze 1 in february 16, plat 3 in april 12th with no rank in the previous seasons. so you should be the one hard carrying considering you're already ruining games by smurfing. > > i'd expect you to complain about autofill or something, you're clearly a support main on that account. the 3 games you described are you in mid-jgl-gl. > > also your previous matches before these, were 7 and 8 days ago so your title is already a lie, and you expected us to believe you on your word that your allies did all those things? i only checked your op.gg due to sheer boredom and some curiosity I love you.
: If I had to come up with a strategy for that matchup with no actual experience at it. I'd say get a caster minion low, bait her W with a pretend engage or mb even ur E, then Q away while shrouds up. Wait till the shroud drops then q to that caster minion you got low and start fighting her while shrouds on CD, you should hard win the all in, and your E will come up b4 her W easily. The problem with akali people typically have is they give her to much free trade, or don't all in her and get out sustained. You've got to find an opening to use your advantage over her kit, which is hard engages, at a time when she cannot use her bullshit shroud. Once she gets snowballing though, pretty much the only counterplay is she has to misplay... because her kit is just... terrible design.
This is good advice. Truthfully you don't even have to get the minion low. If you don't kill the minion on your Q, your Q will come back up just as her shroud ends. Additionally, Irelia has good tools for sticking close enough to Akali that she can't get her passive off. And finally, if you can, always try to Q out of a trade as Akali can trade well as you walk away with her Q > empowered AA, and you need to get away more quickly. EDIT: At the end of the day, you are at a disadvantage here and will always have to outplay and/or get fed off early skirmishes to win it.
: the issue with any system that has option is there will still be the "best option" even though i feel the new rune system does have plenty of options that work for the same champion i still go with the strongest option because why wouldn't you?
: Rune strategy feels limited
For a response that isn't as cynical and predictable as everyone else's... I agree, in that it does limit your choices. The issue is, as the game, for every champ that isn't an enchanter support, the key to winning is doing more damage than your opponent. The only way, then, to mitigate the issue you have with runes is to not offer damage or tank or healing etc. as an option. But then you mostly have things like CC and mobility left, and the few gems like Demolish. I dunno what fix I'd propose, because no matter what, I can think of ways people will have similar complaints to yours.
: Never had less fun in league.
It's a game that has been out for more than 30 days, which automatically means everyone will complain about the state its in no matter what. In League's case, around a decade.
: Rank lp gain. Let's make this a reality.
I'm against this only because you'll begin to feel the same way about 94 LP as you do about 99 LP now. I'm not saying it doesn't suck, just that what your proposed isn't a solution. Removing promos/divisions may be a solution, depending on how you feel about that. I myself am not very opinionated on it one way or another, however.
BG653 (EUW)
: I have 36 league of legends accounts as of today. Im a somewhat high elo player ( ~master - grandmaster ) Ive played A LOT of League. Every time an account hits a promo game you will get the lower team and the enemy team will be higher ( division wise ). Which of course is not 100% guaranteed that just because X player is lower division he is worse than his oponent but in 70% of the time its that way. It is worse if the promo is a tier promo ( think Silver > gold / Gold > plat / Plat > Diamond etc. ) I think its their way to say: you wanna be better? Prove it. Beat the odds. Then you can rank up. Using this acc just to comment cause im kinda afraid. Basically i have no "solid proof" and im speaking out of experience ( which i have a lot of ) But then again how do you gain solid proof of this if youre not working at riot games?
Completely false lol. The reason people say this is cuz it sucks more to lose in promos so you remember it more. Especially since often times when you're in promos you'll also match against people who are in their promos. What does Riot do then? Rig it against both teams? Lol. What about when you have a teammate in their promos? Are you just doomed to lose? Or destined to win against an opponent in their promos? You just don't wanna blame yourself.
y0r1ck (NA)
: Blizzard bans controversial ok symbol
"Context is important" *goes on to defend Blizzard for banning a fan for mimicking one of their characters at one of their events behind a player of said character* Blizzard, you're idiots.
Rioter Comments
Kamille W (EUW)
: I agree jungle is so unpopular. People hate that role more than they hate support. But I don't quite understand why.
It feels like garbage to play. You'll typically be outleveled by your support unless you either AFK farm or get multiple early ganks off.
: i know its just bronze 1 but i finally ranked up.
Icecoon (NA)
: Banned for toxic name?
I mean honestly, my faith in humanity drops every day. I encounter at least one person every other game, though usually more, with blatantly obvious racial slurs. Most likely what happened is he stomped someone and they were salty or he played bad and his teammates were salty and reported him for 3 random things, and Riot just kinda did dumb things after that. That username is in no way even slightly racist and honestly cannot be interpreted to be so.
: Remove Promos
Its because they added Iron bud. Most Silver/bronze players have shifted down a bit.
: > [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LU9lg2P1,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-12T23:21:48.127+0000) > > "Ur wrong bc ur Bronze 4" > > *says same thing I said but with much less detail and helpfullness* lel Lol I said I mostly agreed with you, just that farming is important too and that your advice to not worry about it should be taken with a grain of salt.
I didn't give that advice, bud. I said that if someone says "learn to CS" that he should tell them they're a skrub. At no point did I say "do not farm." My statement was addressing the tendency for people to say that CSing is a free way out of Bronze. And I'm Bronze 4 on one role, I haven't even done placements for the others, and the one role I am Bronze 4 on is also my least played role.
: > [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LU9lg2P1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-12T20:13:41.265+0000) > > If someone says "learn to CS" tell them they're a skrub. > > The reason you struggle more with top and bot lane as opposed to mid lane, is the lanes are longer, and that makes wave management more impactful. I'd suggest finding some wave management guides on YouTube and trying to implement what you learn in your games. > > As far as team fighting, you should first make an effort to learn the important cooldowns of enemy champions. Knowing that Lissandra's ult is up or down should greatly influence how you play a teamfight, as well as knowing what it does. > > Attack move clicking is important on any ranged AD champion and should almost always be done when attacking enemy champions. I bound my attack move click to T instead of A (it feels more natural to me, try it). It helps to avoid misclicking and causing yourself to position badly, or waste time when you could be attacking. The basic premise of it is to move in between each of your shots to maintain optimal positioning in fights, or to avoid skill shots. The final note about attack move clicking is sometimes, if you time your flash well enough, you can put enough distance between you and an attacker so that you can turn on them. You should do this in cases where if you continue to run, their mobility skills will come back up and they will catch you. > > As far as positioning as an AD Carry, you need to learn the ranges of the burst champions and engage champions on the enemy team. Zed, for example, can assassinate you from fairly far away. If the enemy team has a Zed, stay way the fuck back so that the man has to walk through your entire team to get to you. EVEN if this means you aren't attacking in this time. If Zed is dead, or his skills are down, you can walk further forward to attack. This rule holds true for any engage champion with CC or assassins. Additionally, a lot of people tell you to focus the squishies - don't. Focus whatever is in front of you. If you can safely focus a squishy, do so, but usually, your only option is to focus front liners. If you move forward to focus the squishies in the back, the front liners will eat you alive. > > Most of my advice is about ADC just because top lane champions are so different and so varied that I cannot give you blanket advice on it. Not to be rude Acid, but you're Bronze 4 too XD CSing is pretty important. For adc the thing you probably need to get used to is kiting, like acid says, knowing ranges and not getting killed. Your #1 job as an AD is to hit without being hit, and not being hit is especially important. For top lane, the most important things you're gonna need to know are your matchups, wave management, and when to be with your team or when to be splitting. There are pretty easy to find online tutorials for all of these (you'll probably need one for wave management, I know I did). Most important thing is to have fun, both of you! Good luck
"Ur wrong bc ur Bronze 4" *says same thing I said but with much less detail and helpfullness* lel
: If I don't see Urgot nerfs, ACTUAL URGOT NERFS, for patch 9.4, I'm going to lose my collective shit
"Lose my collective shit." Lol I love it. Also I agree. I think top lane is a shit fest right now, though. So many of the matchups are just unfun to play against, even the ones that aren't broken. Heimer, Teemo, Urgot, Pantheon, Jayce, Quinn, Tryn, Nasus (these two just because their splitpushing is annoying tbqh) Yorick, Kled, and way more. Its pretty much when a champion doesn't fit any other role, they are a top laner.
: Advice for bronze noob?
If someone says "learn to CS" tell them they're a skrub. The reason you struggle more with top and bot lane as opposed to mid lane, is the lanes are longer, and that makes wave management more impactful. I'd suggest finding some wave management guides on YouTube and trying to implement what you learn in your games. As far as team fighting, you should first make an effort to learn the important cooldowns of enemy champions. Knowing that Lissandra's ult is up or down should greatly influence how you play a teamfight, as well as knowing what it does. Attack move clicking is important on any ranged AD champion and should almost always be done when attacking enemy champions. I bound my attack move click to T instead of A (it feels more natural to me, try it). It helps to avoid misclicking and causing yourself to position badly, or waste time when you could be attacking. The basic premise of it is to move in between each of your shots to maintain optimal positioning in fights, or to avoid skill shots. The final note about attack move clicking is sometimes, if you time your flash well enough, you can put enough distance between you and an attacker so that you can turn on them. You should do this in cases where if you continue to run, their mobility skills will come back up and they will catch you. As far as positioning as an AD Carry, you need to learn the ranges of the burst champions and engage champions on the enemy team. Zed, for example, can assassinate you from fairly far away. If the enemy team has a Zed, stay way the fuck back so that the man has to walk through your entire team to get to you. EVEN if this means you aren't attacking in this time. If Zed is dead, or his skills are down, you can walk further forward to attack. This rule holds true for any engage champion with CC or assassins. Additionally, a lot of people tell you to focus the squishies - don't. Focus whatever is in front of you. If you can safely focus a squishy, do so, but usually, your only option is to focus front liners. If you move forward to focus the squishies in the back, the front liners will eat you alive. Most of my advice is about ADC just because top lane champions are so different and so varied that I cannot give you blanket advice on it.
Rioter Comments
: i guess junglers have to wait till season 10 to get any good changes?
Yeah, these changes did nothing but make powerfarming junglers rather weak, while making early ganking and tank junglers even more mandatory.
: That can only work if they make support non-excludable.
Why? Lol. You can already just choose two roles that aren't support. @_@ Autofill would still be a thing, as usual.
PikaPow3r (EUW)
: excluding lane
Upvoted. I would absolutely love this feature, as I enjoy every role but support.
: > [{quoted}](name=xAcidik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hA6PLObP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-12T18:59:27.844+0000) > > They do this in Overwatch, and it actually makes it so that you can lose more games than you win, and still climb. This is, in my opinion, not good. If you are better than the average player in your ELO, you WILL win more games than you lose. Sometimes, games are out of your control, and it sucks but in the games where your play makes the difference, you will win more often. Otherwise, in games where your play makes no difference (one lane gets extremely fed and hard carries), you may int and still win, or dominate your lane and still lose. Someone made a post about this on Reddit once and it was much more cleanly explained than what I just did. > > Anyway, the individual performance LP gain in Overwatch caused tanks whose primary job was not to do damage or get kills to get more LP or lose less LP if they did a lot of damage or got a lot of kills. Because of this, it basically rewarded tanks for bad play, in a lot of circumstances, by giving or taking a favorable amount of LP (SR in Overwatch), and people are far too focused on their individual performance than doing what is important for the team. Are you able to find that Reddit post? I'd be interested in reading it. And I completely get the tank discussion. The idea though is that a good tank will still have a lot of assists, and cc score/damage taken are likely factors that contribute to winning games and therefore can be weighted accordingly. I'd have to do a more thorough dive to give specifics, but I really think this can be tuned for different roles appropriately. And again, I do not want to eliminate the team outcome factoring into your rank, I think the ability to win or lose as a team matters but it's very much an incomplete picture.
> [{quoted}](name=JeebusCripes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hA6PLObP,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-12T19:04:00.198+0000) > > Are you able to find that Reddit post? I'd be interested in reading it. > > And I completely get the tank discussion. The idea though is that a good tank will still have a lot of assists, and cc score/damage taken are likely factors that contribute to winning games and therefore can be weighted accordingly. I'd have to do a more thorough dive to give specifics, but I really think this can be tuned for different roles appropriately. And again, I do not want to eliminate the team outcome factoring into your rank, I think the ability to win or lose as a team matters but it's very much an incomplete picture. After some searching, (I'm in class atm, so I couldn't search too hard) I'm not finding the original reddit post, but this video seems to address what I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSr78OCj8g. I didn't watch the video (cuz class), but I disagree with the idea that you can quantify which games are unwinnable and which aren't, if only because of the fact that a high ELO smurf can win 90% of games all the way up to gold. I think the numbers change based on the player's skill, their champion choice, and even their role, but are ever present. The original reddit post I read didn't do this (and was about a completely different team game iirc), but the general idea is that sometimes, your team is playing so badly, or the enemy team is playing so well, that no matter how well you play, your individual play just isn't good enough to carry. Likewise, sometimes, the enemy team is so playing so badly, or your team so well, that no matter how badly you play, your individual play isn't enough to throw the game. A smaller amount of time, however, when the other lanes play relatively evenly, or one lane wins and the other loses by similar amounts, your play has a more significant impact on the game, and whether you play badly or well can really help determine the results of the game. I'm not sure if this video says some games are concretely unwinnable or unthrowable, but if it does, I also disagree with that notion, and think that this "rule" is more of a soft trend or patter, as opposed to a rule. And I'm not saying that your system is undoable. There probably is some perfect unabuseable algorithm that can be used to make the system work really well. I was just sharing my experience with similar systems, and my preference for the current system we have. Anyway, the entire reason I even mentioned what I did about the "30-40-30" rule was to say that it was your job, in the games where you can make a difference, to secure the win, and if you do this, you will climb, even if you have to eat the L on a game you played flawlessly sometimes, just as you can take a free W in a game where you made a lot of mistakes.
Show more

xAcidik

Level 108 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion