: So {{champion:86}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:240}} can all hit towers with their empowered auto or spell but you guys get mad when Fiora can now?
Jax empowered auto doesn't work against towers.
: As somebody that bought the world pass, I now realize it is feeding unhealthy gaming and I regret it
Not many are gonna read this but I've just gone for FWoTD (15 Tokens) in a bot game. There are some days (usually Friday/Weekend) where I can play more and really reap the rewards. Understandably, trying to get the most involves playing as much as you can but if you can just get the guaranteed win from a bot game on days where you can barely play and then reap the rewards on other days it's all fine.
: Limit turret duration or make them cost more mana, and make him unable to keep his RQ out while Zhonya'd, because that is legit a 0-counterplay situation there.
Yea the counterplay there is back the fuck up. You don't engage Illaoi after she just got a 3 man ult and by god she's near unkillable during that time with all those heals and tentacles. I agree on the mana though. It's ridiculous for a champ like Heim to have such poke and waveclear while not consuming such a large manabase. The champ should not be able to spam 4-5 E's and W's in lane and still have enough for a full rotation + ult.
: There goes Riot again with their misleading Champion design
https://imgur.com/p9I94PD But he is exactly like this
Wacky9 (NA)
: Yasuo is honestly in a pretty good place right now. These buffs don't seem necessary. Yasuo's ult is fairy weak but the bonus 50% amor pen with crits is quite powerful. If anything he needs some kind of protection after the ult ends to keep him from being 100-0 into nothingness. His last breath is a shitty execute unless they are already pretty bursted, but Yasuo gets his ult up frequently enough that it doesn't matter. (Maybe get rid of the armor pen, especially since he doesn't need more tools against tanks and replace it with 25% damage reduction)
I mean this buff is pretty unnecessary since the real power of his ultimate in the mid to late game is the utility it provides his team. But he does have survivability when he ults as it refreshes his flow shield. Giving him 25% damage reduction is also a seriously dumb change. Most of tools are better against mages/adcs rather than tanks. Keeping him squishy so bad ultimate usages are easily punishable are the way to go. Keeping the armor penetration is fine compared to "other melee ADCs".
Ahris (NA)
: >I guess 49% is complete trash; at least, it's complete trash in the eyes of an Ahri main. Either way some of the points made are ridiculous. This is trash because of: >She's got good burst and is one of the consistently safest mid laners due to her ult. Answered your point using your point, awesome! >Diana is melee with no ranged cc I didnt know AOE knockup and slow isnt a cc??? >no dash pre-6 So is Ahri > has to be on top of you to deal her damage. Ahri used to be that way >.> I actually hate the Ahri rework making charmed target take 725 range from W. That was a trash change making her super safe. I want her LESS safe. > Ahri has great range and is much safer than any of those champs listed (aside from LB) and at that point they're in entirely classes (Ahri the Mage vs Zed the Assassin). Sure. > Wasn't there also a clip of a fed Ahri on the front page wiffing both e and q then using just ult - w - ign + 1-2 autos for the kill? The clip was when Ahri was EXTREMELY fed vs a feeding Sona support. Other champs would have killed her, even ADC wouldve just 2-3 shot her. >Ahri was one of two champions who sported a consistent 5%+ pickrate and 50%+ winrate over seasons If winrate was identification of champ strength, then buff Zoe XD >Her drop below 50% only happened fairly recently and she never even hit anything below 47%. On top of that you're bringing up a time where her "w and ult had respectable range and damage" despite it being used primarily with DFG for burst -> escape? Her W and R had respectable range that you can use it not just to escape(ultimate) or burst only when you land charm(W). Like, Riot made her W get increased range only when you land charm, making it useless for any other time since its damage is too low alone and its range is too low to apply as well. Her ultimate range is also TOO short to be used to burst since her e q w burst can happen from 725 range. Its purpose just goes down into being used only for escape. If Riot infact increased the range to season 4 Ahri when she was balanced, it would be great. I will understand why Ahri will need to use ultimate to burst since she has range on R and W. But, current Ahri does not, it is just unfair to make a champ who Riot made only to be able to do damage from range. It is as if Riot doesnt want Ahri to apply damage in close range as she used to or to use her ultimate as a damaging tool. > Your Ahri bias is showing, bud. She's got good burst and is one of the consistently safest mid laners due to her ult. Ahri has decent burst, but not enough to be a satisfying champ. She is also the safest now since she cannot use her ultimate for damage(since one dash is too weak, applying all 3 dashes will defeat the purpose of reward after bursting, its range is also very low. Her ultimate is only used for escape now, which just shows how bad her rework was. To burst, she cannot use 3 dashes, if you are in teamfight and get a good charm by flanking the adc, you will most likely not be able to kill him because of your lack of burst, you cannot use all 3 dashes either because you will most likely die by the ADC and the supports peel(exhaust and stuff too). So the burst must be done in E Q W R fashion, but the damage on one R isnt even enough to burst. So what is the point of using it? Increasing the damage on it would be good. I say she wouldnt be able to burst, but I am speaking from a teamfighting point of view and where the ADC builds item like QSS, or even not, I dont think she can burst a squishy who is even with her(i remember i couldnt burst 1 lvl down draven even with protobelt and ignite, though missed 2 foxfire(hit someone else)). >Diana is melee Since you mention Diana, you will also need to account for diana's positive. Diana can one shot without ultimate. Diana is also tanky. Diana also has AOE knockup and slow. Diana also has low cd on her mobility spell. Diana also can make her dash 0 cd, meaning her mobility can be used infinitely. Diana also has amazing sustained damage even after she burst(defeats the purpose of long cd assassin, she doesnt have long cd). Diana can simply press R W Q or along those lines to oneshot once you come in range. Diana doesnt need to land a skillshot if she can land one point blank. Ahri cannot one shot without ultimate. Ahri is not tanky. Ahri doesnt have AOE cc. Ahri doesnt have low cd mobility spell. Ahri has no way to make her ultimate cd 0. Ahri doesnt have good sustained damage since her cd is too long. Ahri doesnt have the reliability Diana has. Ahri cannot burst without landing skillshot(unless crazy fed, diana can do so without being crazy fed). Diana has many positive. Being a melee isnt really a flaw either. You are made tanky enough to be able to fight against ranged. The only flaw may be that you need to be in complete melee range to burst, but if you can just click one button to be in that range, not much of a risk right? Since you will be in the range anyway. What risk is there when you can just press R and apply your full burst in less than a second? lol.
>This is trash because of: >She's got good burst and is one of the consistently safest mid laners due to her ult. So she should be in a constant state of 52%+ because of the natural state of her kit relative to other champions? Basically, what you're saying is that her winrate should be much higher than 49% simply because of the pros of her kit? That's gold, dude. >I didnt know AOE knockup and slow isnt a cc??? Diana's E is no Malphite ult nor Yasuo e-nado. It's a very short duration *disruption* to slightly pull enemies slightly closer. To label it as an AOE knockup is not only ignorant and exaggerated. >If winrate was identification of champ strength, then buff Zoe XD Zoe sports a much more complex kit and actually sits at a 50% winrate right now. Her problem is more gameplay related to health rather than to strength, which - unless you're trying to tell me Ahri is of unhealthy design - is unrelated to win/pick rates. Also, consistent 50+ win and 5+ pick really inherently means that champion is finding relative success if it can frequent a highly respectable winrate on a regular play rate. Just because the champion does not play the way YOU want it to be, does not means it's trash. If anything that says something more to your inability to adapt to meta shifts as a player. >Since you mention Diana, you will also need to account for diana's positive. Diana can one shot without ultimate. Diana is also tanky. Diana also has AOE knockup and slow. Diana also has low cd on her mobility spell. Diana also can make her dash 0 cd, meaning her mobility can be used infinitely. Diana also has amazing sustained damage even after she burst(defeats the purpose of long cd assassin, she doesnt have long cd). This entire paragraph just reinforces everything about Ahri mains I hate. The absolute grand delusion of ignoring statistics and experience over the senseless need to defend anything and everything about their champion. Your argument is filled with just flat out incorrect statements (Diana also can make her dash 0 cd, meaning her mobility can be used infinitely) to support your narrative. I listed Diana's weaknesses mainly because you were comparing Ahri to *melee assassins* in the lane phase pre-6. You only complained about Ahri having weaknesses at that point straight up ignoring the fact that she has ranged poke and is less risky of a champion. Despite this, I'll actually dissect your stupidity real quick. >Diana can one shot without ultimate. Requires 3rd passive proc + q + w and an ability to close the gap given being melee is one of her weaknesses and also a legitimate weakness. So she actually does need her ultimate (and to be ahead or late in the game where her squishy target has itemized no health/resistances). > Diana is also tanky. She mostly itemizes AP assassin items over the AP "bruiser" items. Her w needs to be proc'd and doesn't just inherently give her % Damage Reduction or anything of the sort. She's no Galio. >Diana also has low cd on her mobility spell. Diana also can make her dash 0 cd, meaning her mobility can be used infinitely God this one is so stupid and you know it. It's a point and click conditional dash into the enemy. It can't simply be used to escape under the safety of your tower or in the midst of your teammates. >Diana also has amazing sustained damage even after she burst(defeats the purpose of long cd assassin, she doesnt have long cd). At the expense of having zero escapes in the same way Zed, Ekko, Leblanc, or Ahri do. Once she's in there she can't get out quite easily without expending flash. Her sustained damage is still gated by being able to be kited (since she's melee), therefore her q cd, and her survivability, therefore her W cd. Though I will agree her sustained damage is pretty good if you just let her sit there and wail on you at 50 range. >Ahri cannot one shot without ultimate. Ahri is not tanky. Ahri doesnt have AOE cc. Ahri doesnt have low cd mobility spell. Ahri has no way to make her ultimate cd 0. Ahri doesnt have good sustained damage since her cd is too long. Ahri doesnt have the reliability Diana has. Ahri cannot burst without landing skillshot(unless crazy fed, diana can do so without being crazy fed). I'll just hit this whole paragraph in the same way you do. Ahri can, actually, e-q-w-ign while ahead is usually enough on a squishy target. Ahri is ranged, why the hell would she be tanky? She's already one of the safest mids given her ult. She gets 3 charges of a non-conditional dash gated afterwards by a 120 second cd while most of her damage is from range. So she has a 0 cd ult non-conditional dash for 3 charges every 120 seconds. Ahri gets burst, range, and mobility in exchange for losing out on sustained damage. Let's not forget 1.5 seconds of hard cc. Ahri relies on her skillshots which is true but Diana usually needs a specific combo relying on hitting her q from range in order to get the second ult off to deal enough burst while even or against opponents who itemized a bit more defense/have shielding or healing supports. Her damage requires her to be in melee range and is actually; therefore less reliable considering Ahri can make picks by hitting the 1 e after her first 9 misses in the midgame and can still put in decent damage/kill without having to over commit (due to her ult and range). Diana's damage is only really more reliable than Ahri's damage against target dummies in a sandbox game. And Diana needs to take a risk in order to burst while Ahri does not.
Ahris (NA)
: She was complete trash before the charm buff LOL. Pro players discussed she was trash and many ahri mains considered her trash. Even riot considered her too weak. She needed a buff regardless but she got a buff that doesnt solve her problems. The only reasonable nerf to ahri is to revert the charm buff and instead buff her damage. Buffing damage would mean her winrate will be less since utility buff is more powerful than damage buff(though too much damage is also strong though). If ahri can burst with e w q, what is wrong with that? She landed a difficult skillshot and landing all her skillshots. She used around 75% of her ability and even perhaps electrocrute proc. Which alone should mean she bursts the enemy. You say Ahri should only burst squishies, which is fine if she can easily do so. Like how u said ahri is obnoxious if she can burst with e w q, but if Riot makes her R do damage, then ofc it should be included in her damage. But, look at Akali. She could kill people with or without her R. Her R has a very powerful stun and an execute. That spell alone with perhaps an auto will most likely kill a squishy. Champs who has more risk to apply dash has easier time applying that damage once they get in range. Look at Akali, Zed, Talon, and Leblanc. Ahri does not have mobility pre 6 like them, so she doesnt have a constant mobility to label her as Assassin. She doesnt snowball as hard as them since she relies on landing skillshots. If she can't land it, no matter how fed she is(unless she is crazy fed and the enemy is crazy feeding and is Squishy). If Ahri has to use one ultimate charge to commit while having the importance to land skillshot which is already difficult to use, what is the point of it? Other champs can kill people without ultimate like Syndra and Zed once they are fed. So why does Ahri have to use ultimate to kill? Her ultimate cd isnt as low as Leblanc and her ability set is not as forgiving as Leblanc who can just blink back if she messes up. If Ahri does miss charm, against any player who actually uses their brain, Ahri is good as dead or will have to ultimate away. With so much risk of landing charm, then having required to use 1 ultimate charge to kill a squishy, well you are also ignoring that a fed ADC can just right click to chunk people from like 800 range. How is that fair? So Ahri has to use ultimate to basically "comit" to burst when other champ doesnt need to? You are completely ignoring Ahri and her kit. Her kit is really weak as is and you make Ahri even weaker. Her time was only strong during dfg time because her W and R had respectable range and damage. Now it is only used for bursting.
I guess 49% is complete trash; at least, it's complete trash in the eyes of an Ahri main. Either way some of the points made are ridiculous. >Champs who has more risk to apply dash has easier time applying that damage once they get in range. Look at Akali, Zed, Talon, and Leblanc. Ahri does not have mobility pre 6 like them, so she doesnt have a constant mobility to label her as Assassin. She doesnt snowball as hard as them since she relies on landing skillshots. If she can't land it, no matter how fed she is(unless she is crazy fed and the enemy is crazy feeding and is Squishy). Diana is melee with no ranged cc, no dash pre-6, and has to be on top of you to deal her damage. Comparing Ahri to melee champions with dashes pre-6 is super ignorant. Ahri has great range and is much safer than any of those champs listed (aside from LB) and at that point they're in entirely classes (Ahri the Mage vs Zed the Assassin). Wasn't there also a clip of a fed Ahri on the front page wiffing both e and q then using just ult - w - ign + 1-2 autos for the kill? >Her time was only strong during dfg time because her W and R had respectable range and damage. Now it is only used for bursting. Ahri was one of two champions who sported a consistent 5%+ pickrate and 50%+ winrate over *seasons*, the other one being Janna. Her drop below 50% only happened fairly recently and she never even hit anything below 47%. On top of that you're bringing up a time where her "w and ult had respectable range and damage" despite it being used primarily with DFG for burst -> escape? Your Ahri bias is showing, bud. She's got good burst and is one of the consistently safest mid laners due to her ult. The only thing true Ahri mains agree with is that her w is in need of a rework. It's not skill expressive in anyway and is neither fun nor interactive to use.
: oh yeah, I forgot Aatrox. The rest you listed aren't really competitively viable anymore, especially Jax. You could just make junglers gank level 3 without the top laner being level 2, just a though.
>aren't competitively viable anymore, especially Jax. Are we playing the same game? In solo queue these champions are beasts in the top lane, some even being to able to flex mid or jungle. I'm not saying they're broken or OP but they're also far from "not competitively viable". In LCS, tanks will always be favored due to the fundamental design of their role and items making then superior in a team environment to most other bruisers or juggernauts with a few exceptions. >You could just make junglers gank level 3 without the top laner being level 2, just a though. Isn't that what they did? Level two ganks always existed (see Twitch, Ezreal, Panth). Level 2 ganks just became more common because it's harder to hit level three now. The jungle changes "just pushed out junglers who couldn't contest the early scuttle at level two or who are heavily reliant on level three to gank with the addition of not being scale (like Elise)."
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jBr9A8YM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-02T15:37:55.031+0000) > > "popular opinion*. *Boards*. Nice joke. Reddit is saying the same fucking thing and that's a huge platform. Quack
There are also posts on reddit and content creators/pros/coaches saying the game is fun in its current state as well. No matter the case, online forums don't speak out for the whole of the playerbase. People who find the current meta enjoyable rarely speak out due to all the negativity. They're mostly busy playing the game and having fun as opposed to composing a post complaining about it. The whole League community is not in 100% or even 60% agreement that the state of the game is terrible. These boards especially are a huge echo chamber to continually complain about gameplay.
: Then you're detracting from the entire point of the thread. The topic is about the game having too much damage, but you're just complaining about who is saying it as if that matters in the context of the topic. Of course, it doesn't matter, and there are 3 reasons why. 1) It doesn't help generate discussion. 2) It distracts from the discussion. 3) It distracts from being objective. > He doesn't think before he leaps Not sure how thinking out a video idea, recording multiple times, gathering sources, and writing down topics of discussion on notepad qualifies as "not thinking before one leaps", and is rather the opposite. It shows preparation. > and this impulsive behavior caused Riot to listen to this man I just proved that his behavior shows preparation. That also means it isn't impulsive (or as impulsive as you imply). It shows effort in something, which is the type of person who should be listened to. Unfortunately for someone like me, you, or Rubick, we aren't popular streamers despite putting in the effort. > and warp the entire meta around his opinions. What part of the meta is warped around his opinions? The only viable bruiser is Darius? And he's falling out of favor? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Mages are still dealing near true damage at 1.5 items? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Tank supports like Braum, who Hashinshin has said needed to be nerfed, are still king? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Jugnle ganks at LEVEL TWO. **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Gold funneling being nerfed by blaming junglers, instead of nerfing supports because Hashinshin believes their items are OP? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Funneling in the form of Knight's Vow and Zeke's Harbinger being placed on ADCs from junglers still being allowed, despite Hashinshin's complaints about this when it started post tank update? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** *Current state of Talon* **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Sterak's nerf without compensation to Jax, Irelia, etc? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Canceling the fucking bruiser item update? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Conqueror being nerfed despite most meta tops not even using it in the first place? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Kennen being picked and banned in LCK? **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** Ornn STILL being one of the best picks. **That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored.** > The reason we're even in this situation in the first place is largely due to him. I've made my list above, so what exactly is his fault? The bruisers are weak, tanks are rising back up. He's unrelated to assassins and has asked for mages to not deal near true damage on 1.5-2 items. ADCs are coming back up and supports are still king. Junglers got even more ganky. What exactly did he do? > Even if he's right, he's the worst messenger to convey it. At this point, I just think you're being heavily biased and very anti-objective. You don't really have a good argument against him, and you aren't taking an objective stance by comparing positives and negatives. Plus, you know the circlejerk of these boards is the absolute worst messenger of it, because they don't use evidence or facts, and don't give good suggestions (reduce all damage by 20% omegalul). I hope you actually take this to heart because I think you've jumped to conclusions and only look at the negativity. Maybe you don't like his personality, but you could at least respect his ideas. Of course, I feel like I'm jumping to conclusions myself a bit on the end of this comment, but I'm banking on it in hopes you at least give things a different look.
> The only viable bruiser is Darius? And he's falling out of favor? That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored. Let's actually review this, [since it's flat out false](https://u.gg/?region=world&queueType=ranked_solo_5x5&patch=8_15&rank=platinum_plus&role=top&allChampions=false). Garen, Jax, Camille, Kled, and Aatrox are all top tier picks within Hashinshin's champion pool (maybe not Camille but definitely the rest) who all sit at decent win/pick rates. The top meta is pretty Hashinshin favored. Jax is a decent spot. Aatrox is pretty powerful but with a high learning curve. Garen is a very respectable pick, easily among the "monster" tops right now despite his simplicity and Quinn being so largely popular. Kled, like Jax, is also a pretty good pick. All these champs are S/S+ rated according to u.gg in plat+. >Jungle ganks at LEVEL TWO. That doesn't sound very Hashinshin favored. Jungle used to gank at level three and hash complained; he's probably one of the reasons jungle experience got nerfed. He's going to complain about jungle ganks no matter what. Hell, junglers could ALWAYS gank at level two; if anything the changes just pushed out junglers who couldn't contest the early scuttle at level two or who are heavily reliant on level three to gank with the addition of not being scale (like Elise). Trying to use jungle ganks at level two as a point to not very "Hashinshin favored", especially after the changes, may as well mean that junglers shouldn't be able to hit level 2 off of first camp. He's always going to complain about the jungle anyway unless the role is removed. The rest of your points are pretty spot on; however, your overall top meta read missing out on Jax/Kled/Garen is just hilarious.
: becuase ahri couldn't oneshot you missing her Q ,so ahri players couldn't play their champ personally i don't see any reason for such a big buff,especially when the biggest buffs were in her e (fast skillshot) and utility that's what i have about riot team,instead of making a E rewarding you give him more more possibility to 100-0 even when she fks up her combo covering one of her weakness (being in melee )
Let's not forget Ahri also sports a 53%+ winrate and a 14% winrate right now; before her buffs, she sat at a decent 50%. Fizz, on the other hand got nerfed on the previous patch and fell to 47%. This patch he's around 50% wr and 5% pr. From a purely stat-based perspective this is fine.
: > [{quoted}](name=CloroxBleech,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HmsuMr9V,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-28T16:42:32.780+0000) > > So let's say a low elo player stated that they believed that champions such as Kalista needed a buff or two due to them not being good in the meta. Does that mean NOTHING just because a low player said it? imagine being at school, and a freshman says that math is easy, but you are a senior, how would you react?
> [{quoted}](name=RÆVERT,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HmsuMr9V,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2018-07-29T04:44:04.403+0000) > > imagine being at school, and a freshman says that math is easy, but you are a senior, how would you react? False equivalency. Being a freshman or senior in highschool does not equate to one's proficiency in math. League related example: players who are Plat 3 in their first season of starting LoL vs players who are at low silver in their fourth season of LoL. *Not that I disagree with the sentiment of your point (credibility)* If anything I think the "disrespect" towards opinions from low elo players stems from the consequences of being low elo (a lack of understanding the game). With a limited understanding of the game, it becomes harder to elaborate or understand why certain strategies or champions work. Too often there might be arguments without "substance". It's one thing to see Y is OP because X winrate versus saying Y is OP because how strong A and B is in his kit. High elo players understand the game on a much deeper level and can further go in depth on why Y is OP and where/how it should be changed. Despite this, every player creates poor arguments without substance. Even hashinshin who often has great points and insight on the game also has poor points and insight on the game as well sometimes just complaining for the sake of complaining. **_TLD;DR Overall, high elo players have gained credibility by understanding League on a deeper level than other players. So their opinion tends to hold more value._** Take someone with PhD in aerospace engineering versus someone who merely reads a book or two on the field as a hobby; who has more credibility?
Rioter Comments
: Laughing Fish's 200,000 lifetime upvote spectacular! (Come and get your free skins!)
: Match Screen won't load
I’ve been having trouble too. It won’t connect the first time once out of champ select but I instantly restart my computer, log back in, and can get in game. I’m usually about a minute late but connect right before minions spawn. Been having these problems since Friday. Before that it was fine (even on the new OS update)
Wuks (NA)
: Thank you, Boards Community. (& smol giveaway - Concluded!)
372 I'm thankful for Gala and Thighs Inspector/Lewd
Broporo (NA)
: Pretty sure that same tech just came over and told me this as well and I was like o_O.... As it turns out on Macs, this black screen happens when you get disconnected on the loading screen. The reconnect button pops up, but for some reason, it's hidden behind the loading screen. This is why spamming enter works, eventually that enter spam will hit reconnect and force the client to start connecting again.
I guess it doesn't work for me since I set the in-game League to override some Mac system commands (so I can cmd + q to level an ability instead of quitting the game). It's the only option where you have to be in-game to change it (can't find from settings > in-game). Edit: So I was right about the Mac system re-bind being an option only available in-game. I uninstalled the client and re-installed which reset the Mac system re-bind and spamming enter now works. Problem is that I'm used to cmd + q, w, e to level abilities :C
Wreckord (NA)
: Yo guys a Riot supp told me just spam your Enter Key when it turns black, and it should solve it.
how long did you have to spam it for? i just went into a custom, got the black screen, spammed it for a minute, and it didnt work
LYRKL (EUW)
: After champion select i get never-ending black screen on BOTH Live and PBE
Same here (also on Mac). I'm unable to access any game types after champ select. I just get a black screen and am unable to cmd + Tab to Tab out of League client or cmd + Q to quit League client. I've already sent in a support ticket. Everything was fine yesterday :C
: >~Mastery 7 Illaoi Main https://archive-media.nyafuu.org/wsr/image/1451/88/1451882173413.jpg
mrw someone uses flash on shift+L
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: Now the question is, "Will she still have absurd mana costs?"
probably. she'll be buying tear into archangels staff now and her self cast ult returns 15% of missing mana and they're upping the ap ratio on her q. Basically, they're hitting her early game but making her really good mid and late game. edit: they reverted the upped ap ratio and made mana changes to all of her basic abilities. they're still high cost early game (q starting at 85 rather than 60 at level one) but they increased her base mana, mana growth per level, and her mana regen.
: My waifu is the pinnacle of balance and good design.
Orianna is actually one the the best-designed champions in my opinion, and I don't even own her.
: like i said the champions do have counterplay, they are absolute aids to play against though.
that's probably because they require a team effort and can't easily be dealt with solo
: when a bronze player tells you to git gud lmao
he's kinda right though. duelists/assassins are supposed to 1v1 but tend to suck in teamfights unless they fulfill a few conditions since they are squishy, lack range, and lack high and reliable AoE damage. Probably the worst offender of this is tryndamere and as such he's only useful when he splitpushes and forces a 1v1 or 1v2. In teamfights, he just e's in and hopes the enemy to peel for whatever high health target he's aiming.
: > [{quoted}](name=BananaSlayerAMO,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x6Z5QZvI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-24T12:54:01.474+0000) > > The fish eruption radius is 200 - 450 depending on distance. If you compare to other champs, {{champion:101}} W is 200, {{champion:54}} ult is 300, and {{champion:79}} ult is 400 > > So I'd say Fizz's hitbox is pretty large. The eruption is that size. The pickup size is smaller. (The hitbox that attaches to you.)
yup. the only size that actually matters
: 1. The most important tip for laning - vitals drop when you get out of range. If there is a easy vital for her to hit (the ones right in front of you), you can walk out of range, drop the vital, then walk back into range to have it reappear somewhere else. I'm not 100% sure, but I never seen the vital appear in the same position twice. A lot of her poke in lane is Q'ing to a forward-facing vital. Dont give it to her. 2. Her W is on a long cooldown, especially since she maxes it last. For most champions, the ability that she blocked will be back up before her Ripose is back up as long as it isnt an ult. 3. You can prevent her from proccing her ult's 4 vitals by standing next to a wall. Requires you to be able to actually dual her, but its good to know. 4. Her Q cooldown is pretty high early if she doesnt hit an enemy. Unlikely to happen without some active mindgames on your part, but if you can get her to miss one Q youre in a great spot. 5. She doesnt build AS and relies on "bursty" engages. Not complete burst but not complete DPS, but similar to an Akali - she engages in, does a ton of damage, backs off, then engages again. You can straight up dual her if youre playing another melee hypercarry that relies on DPS (Jax, Tryn) as long as she doesnt Ripose-stun you or something like that. 6. Her level 3 is actually kinda weak. Champions with strong laning (Renekton, Garen, Darius, Yorick) actually win all-ins at that point. Post 6, it depends a lot on the Ripose - if she has nothing too important to Ripose (e.g. Yorick), she will almost always lose as long as she doesnt proc all 4 vitals. 7. And as a general thing against most melee hypercarries, they can be kited pretty hard. Play a champion that can kite and poke, using the knowledge that they need to be in melee range to actually damage you. My default would be Singed, but I can see Swain working as well.
I agree but she doesn't build AS because she has two aa resets in her kit (q, e). So you wouldn't want to build high as to get the most out of your aa resets. For example, the idea ability combo (i.e. without activatable items like tiamat) would be aa - q - aa - aa - e - aa (with ~ 10% as runes). This is why she relies on "bursty" engages as you put it since her aa resets are ability reliant and she gets a crit on e. This makes lifesteal extremely good on her because of how fast she can heal up with the aa resets and crit.
Rioter Comments
Ritesh (NA)
: lol alright...heres an update on my recent 2 games Me: 9/3/3 Mid: 2/9/5 JG: 4/7/4 ADC: 1/9/3 Supp: 0/9/4 Me: 7/4/1 Mid: 2/9/3 JG: 4/3/2 ADC: 1/6/4 Supp: 0/7/6 BOT LOST THERE TOWER AT EIGHT MINUTES WITH NO JUNGLE INTERFERENCE LOL Honestly I just needed to get this off me. I feel so defeated. No matter what I did I couldn't get any traction like I usually do. This is just cruel Riot. Don't force people to stay at a lower rank just because they don't have a 50% win rate...please I'm so tired after this...I tried I really did....my MMR I had so much hope for....I had the MMR of almost a tier higher now its the same as the division I'm in...why Riot I clearly don't deserve to be slowed down so why balance it...so frustrated. And people wonder why I get so many of my accounts permabanned (though for the record I only flamed in 2 of the 11 games I did today, only won 2 games out of that 11).
could you link your op.gg?
: Here is [one example](https://mobile.twitter.com/smashgizmo/status/809538544540602369) from SmashGizmo (a former Riot dev). Here is [another one](https://twitter.com/ricklessabandon/status/809859773571088384?lang=en) from RicklessAbandon.
: Rioters have stated in the past that OP.GG was the closest to their internal statistics.
: op.gg is actually more reliable of a source than those. Also op.gg does by region, not overall.
well live server changes happen to be for overall and do not differ by region and what proof do you have for op.gg being more reliable than all 3 of those sources. you're making an empty claim.
: Thunderlord's Decree has no cooldown.
{{champion:163}}{{champion:90}}
: Lux is sitting at an average winrate of 46% (EUW having 49% being odd man out). Saying she doesn't need buffs is a complete falsehood. Of course she carries above 50% winrates in bronze/silver, which makes me remember the board's gameplay section is garbage in general. Regardless the buff will be interesting. Also why buff Nidalee? Buff champions who weren't horrifically broken due to an inherit kit problem for once.
http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/lux/all http://champion.gg/champion/Lux/Middle http://www.lolking.net/champions/lux#/overview The outlier for winrate is op.gg. All other sites have her around a 49% winrate.
Rioter Comments
: There's been an unhealthy amount of interaction in the mid lane and buffs to Lux are supposed to prevent this from occurring.
Pretty underrated if a joke
Ratbert (NA)
: If xerath can hit his ult and w sweetspot I'm 100% sure he out damages lux rotation for rotation.
Yea, but that's so much harder to pull off compared to Lux's q-e-r
: > its literally cheese I don't think you know what "literally" means
God I LITERALLY want to kill anyone who LITERALLY uses the word "literally" as figuratively because they are LITERALLY the opposite of each other.
: The best Yasuo overall in the world literally said himself that pantheon is the hardest match up.
> [{quoted}](name=Yaśuo Main,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WzVyMaoH,comment-id=00170001000000000001,timestamp=2017-03-22T01:18:42.452+0000) > > The best Yasuo overall in the world I never said that ;)
: Really? I always win my matchups. Yasuo players are a cocky bunch, they always face the mace sooner or later. Plus Rylais+Exhaust makes for easy kills
I think I've faced Morde 6 times as Yas and lost once (the first time) due to not knowing what the hell his kit even does. Then I played him a couple of times and kinda knew how to avoid getting smacked by him. So I really don't think it's a hard matchup and I've also always taken exhaust too against Morde just so I can eat his 3q as I all in him.
: And then Yasuo split pushes, outfarms you and comes back end-game and poops on your entire team. And too add to the insult he says: "GG, EZ".
Only if you let him. Yas is a free 300 gold once you starve him since he'll be squishy, deal no dmg, and can't escape. With how starved yas will be early game, you'll literally have to throw to not be able to end pre-30 minutes or someone on your team will have to feed like crazy.
: this guy -> {{champion:82}}
Not too hard of a matchup. Just bait out Morde q and go back in when it;s on cd. Morde E gives a decent shield if it hits yas but is also easy to dodge when you have a no cd dash.
: surprised nobody mentioned rammus. granted, its a bad toplane pick unless you're up against a mostly ad team. but rammus into a yas and watch yas kill himself. (mandatory "dodge the tornado" reminder. if he hits you with that, idc who you are you're guna die)
Rammus is really easy to outplay since his w is a pretty long cd. Yasuo can just fight Rammus when his w isn't up which is where most of Rammus's damage and defenses come from.
: A decent Yasuo will know better to stay safe and just farm into late game. Yasuo can outscale Pantheon very hard.
{{champion:80}} can starve {{champion:157}} super hard as long as he knows basic wave control. He can roam really well and dive too. Easily the hardest matchup for {{champion:157}}
: And then people comlain about adc going lethality to get earlier powerspikes....but yea, lethality is the issue here, not the fact that lategame barely exists, sure. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=Sire Hippington,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OU7W8sOu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-03-21T16:06:19.525+0000) > > **lategame barely exists, sure.** You clearly haven't seen my games in sandbox mode. /joke
Verdade (EUNE)
: Of course its possible to climb, but it's far slower than it should be. Are you a good player and you got placed into cesspit? Too bad, it will take 200 games to climb out of it...
> [{quoted}](name=Tôast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4VKEOtdy,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-21T16:10:13.622+0000) > > Here's the thing. Ranked matchmaking would be much much slower than mmr matchmaking. > > For ranked mm to get you from s3 to s1 it would take you 11 + 2 + 11 + 2 for a total of 26 games with only 2 losses. while it only takes 10 + 5 for a total of 15 games with 8 losses (and 8 wins including the free win) I'm not entirely sure if you even read it. What's above pretty much summarizes the difference between ranked mm (what you want basically) and mmr mm (what we have right now). And, honestly, if it takes you more than 50 games to get out of a cesspit than maybe you weren't such a good player in the first place ;P
Verdade (EUNE)
: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/xuT9wjBN-problem-with-climbing?comment=00000000000000000000
I'm going to assume you meant to link me to your post and not that comment. Basically what you want is to be matched against silvers because your rank is silver rather than mmr correct? Here's the thing. Ranked matchmaking would be much much slower than mmr matchmaking. +20 LP on a win and -20 LP on a loss. Let's say out of 10 games you lose 1. 90% Winrate, not that bad. For every 10 games you gain +80 LP. So it takes about 11 games to get into a series. Now with mmr matchmaking you win 50% of your games since you're against equal teams with +30 on a win and -8 on a loss. Over the course of 10 gains your net LP gain is (150-40) 110. Which gets you into a series. But the only problem here is promos and so with ranked mm you win your promos and go to s3 to s2. Now let's say you lose your promos with mmr mmj and go down to 84 LP. You win a game, getting back into promos, get a free win, lose a game, then win a game. To get through these promos you got through: 2 losses, 1 win to get back in, 1 loss, and 1 win for a total of 5 games to play vs 2 but you skip a division and go from s3 to s1. For ranked mm to get you from s3 to s1 it would take you 11 + 2 + 11 + 2 for a total of 26 games with only 2 losses. while it only takes 10 + 5 for a total of 15 games with 8 losses (and 8 wins including the free win) Now you might say what about both! Why can't I get +30 LP on a win and get matched against silvers and skip a division so I only have to play 6 maybe 7 games to get from s3 to s1!! To an extent they already do. I've stated before that even with my higher mmr I was still frequently matched against players of the same rank (G3 level) getting me more wins than losses yet still getting around +25 LP per win and -15 LP per loss. Although I didn't skip divisions is was fairly easy to climb.
: Don't forget crying about Mage Supports.
hey cmon that was bullshit
Skias (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=junglerboy16,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P96rFPqh,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-03-20T23:51:40.340+0000) > > I've had a lot of success recently with a full crit build like {{item:3087}} {{item:3508}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3812}} {{item:3031}}, usually selling boots for {{item:3153}} or {{item:3072}} late game. > > The high AS and crit early helps get the most out of your wuju style damage because that's when the majority of it is coming from the base damage still, and helps get alpha strike up more frequently. I personally like deaths dance because it helps with surviving burst, heals you off alpha strike, and is a solid lifesteal item in it's own right. The only dislike I have for this build is I usually push off IE till pretty late, which can be a little rough on my early game. > > Jungle I'd replace phantom dancer with blood razor until late game when the extra crit gives you more than the % hp damage. This is what I build, minus the reaver.
I like it crit yi with {{item:3139}} and {{item:3072}} over {{item:3508}} and {{item:3812}}. Being able to qss out of whatever + the lifesteal from the two items works better than the 40% CDR from reaver and dd since he already gets a percentage reset on his basics on kills and his q his lowered by 1 second for every auto. Just my opinion tho and I've had success with both.
: ROFL xD the biggest meme in League of Legends, the community.
the only meme rito cant kill
: I main Lulu support and I'm complaining right now. I don't have a problem with smart people playing Lulu and get rewarded for it, I have a problem when the stupidest of players can get away with everything.
lmao getting downvoted because few of the boards use logic, reasoning, and actual analysis and prefer exaggerations and mindless circle-jerking
Show more

xevi

Level 253 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion