Rioter Comments
: The only reason I am not in diamond yet is because of shit matchmaking, CertainlyT, and lag
: Am I only one that is noticing the big parallels between Dora the explorer and Norra this late?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 24
Hi Daddy Meddler, I hope your child is doing well. First of all, please pass on my thanks to whoever on the team is responsible for the recent Xin Zhao cooldown buff on his Q. After over a year of nerf after nerf after nerf in a row, he sorely needed it. I get the feeling it was Xenogenic (because he's the resident Xin Zhao man), but I didn't want to assume. Second of all, any chance we could get some updates on the possible Nocturne rework in case he gets picked? What abilities so far are you looking at for changes, and when can we expect these changes to show up on the PBE? Thanks!
: Patch notes are really, really funny sometimes
For Xin Zhao, a better early game really does mean a better performance throughout the game. I don't see the problem.
: Sum up your last played champion with a single song.
: Did Riot change ARAM matchmaking system in patch 9.8?
Maybe the matchmaking just decided "Screw this one guy in particular, lol."
Whe (EUNE)
: How do you take down turrets faster?
To take towers fast, you gotta build a large wave of your own minions. The ranged minions do more damage to your wave while the melee minions are tankier and take longer to kill. So you gotta quickly kill the ranged minions first, then wait for your minions to get the melee minions down to low hp before last hitting them to get the gold. This will give your minions time to stack up without dying to the enemy minions.
: Yes it's still the same woman, who clearly hasn't aged over the last 18-20 years judging between the only two illustrations we have of her.
> [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dT40Kvdq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-09T00:57:10.530+0000) > > Yes it's still the same woman, who clearly hasn't aged over the last 18-20 years judging between the only two illustrations we have of her. Well that is perfect then. Xin Zhao still looks like he's in his early 20s despite being in his late 40s to early 50s.
: Can Riot stop balancing every champion around a single keystone?
Lol tell that to the freaking Xin Zhao Mains. At the start of season 8 last year, they were using Press the Attack. When he got nerfed, the Xin Mains started using Phase Rush. When he got nerfed again, they started using Hail of Blades. They nerfed Xin Zhao FOUR times in season 8 because the Xin Mains don't care about him getting nerfed, they just keep adapting and switching to whichever rune is stronger than the others at the time.
Rioter Comments
Mortdog (NA)
: Summoner's Rift balance changes coming Patch 9.8
Rip, no Xin Zhao buffs. Bye Riot, I am uninstalling.
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts March 29
Congratulations Meddler for becoming a dad! Should we call you Daddy Meddler? Meddler Daddy? Medadler?
: I'm late as hell to this but, Pants has been outed as a wintrader, he has done nothing. Have a nice day.
Source? I know pants occasionally duos with fwii, who has been accused of win trading with different people named Murongjiansheng and Kist, but fwii almost never matches up against pants and even in the games they are against each other, fwii doesn't seem to feed in games against pants. Also, I highly doubt Pants win trades, considering he livestreams most if not all of his games on his facebook.
: honestly, just remove the true damage from kayles level 16 and then make her early better
All Kayle needs is to survive laning phase and she completely takes over the game. Therefore, Fleet Footwork + W max.
: Tahm Kench is the best support {{champion:223}} Why? Master Chef Tahm Kenchs recall animation is literally a _soup port_. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85miYHbO6jQ
I wish I could give you more than one upvote.
Mortdog (NA)
: ARURF+ 9.5 Extension & Changelist
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MY URF GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREN.
: if someone goes past 0/15 it should flag their account
If any one is dying more than 10 times in a game, they're at the very least definitely not trying to win, and at worst intentionally feeding.
: The unspoken rules of Top Lane
11) The ~~vampire~~ "_hemomancer_" is not squishy.
CLG ear (NA)
: taliyah
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ozE5UkJU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-25T12:47:57.893+0000) > > taliyah Me too. I love her to death, but I can't play her for shit.
CLG ear (NA)
: If you could have a summoner spell in real life which one would u choose?
{{summoner:6}} doesn't allow you to move through walls. It just makes you move faster and walk through people to freak them out. As for me, pretty sure the most useful one would be {{summoner:7}}. {{summoner:12}} would be pretty handy too.
: My brief thoughts on the RiotAugust "Controversy"
Lol, what controversy? Many people on the boards actually agree with him.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Sylas heal is still total bullshit
{{item:3123}}{{item:3076}}{{item:3033}}{{item:3075}}{{item:3165}}{{summoner:14}}
: Big paragraph makes it hard and boring to read. ADC was always super strong until halfway through last season when they reworked crit for no reason. As for midlane can you specify which no brain half tank half damage cc monstrosities with great roaming potential you keep seeing? As for jungle it needed a nerf. For to long a jungler determined the outcome of the game. Jungler used to get level 3 off of 3 camps, which is just too fast. The jungler should not be able to hit level 3 before both solo lanes. Also why are you complaining about krugg xp? Go red, kruggs, scuttle, that should be level 3.
> [{quoted}](name=WeeWeeBojangles,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=a2sqXNT8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-08T18:48:44.696+0000) > > Big paragraph makes it hard and boring to read. ADC was always super strong until halfway through last season when they reworked crit for no reason. As for midlane can you specify which no brain half tank half damage cc monstrosities with great roaming potential you keep seeing? > > As for jungle it needed a nerf. For to long a jungler determined the outcome of the game. Jungler used to get level 3 off of 3 camps, which is just too fast. The jungler should not be able to hit level 3 before both solo lanes. Also why are you complaining about krugg xp? Go red, kruggs, scuttle, that should be level 3. Junglers haven't gotten level 3 in 3 camps since the Rift Scuttler changes back in early season 8.
: > [{quoted}](name=xxxDogmanxxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k2nQaVhG,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-02-22T13:01:38.964+0000) > > For melee AD champions, it's basically just old Fervor of Battle with less damage and a bit of healing. Old Fervor gave you 63 AD after 4 attacks/abilities, Conqueror gives you 45 AD after 5 attacks/abilities. > > Granted, I think Conqueror's strong now that mages can use it too, but it's still better than bringing back the era of Thunderlord mages. Dude conquerer scales up to 75 AD are you smoking? It's gigabuffed fervor in every way except requiring one more hit for max effect.
> [{quoted}](name=Tychusfindlay918,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k2nQaVhG,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-02-22T18:02:28.883+0000) > > Dude conquerer scales up to 75 AD are you smoking? > > It's gigabuffed fervor in every way except requiring one more hit for max effect. No, it scales to 75 adaptive force, which is 45 AD.
: Conqueror is busted
For melee AD champions, it's basically just old Fervor of Battle with less damage and a bit of healing. Old Fervor gave you 63 AD after 4 attacks/abilities, Conqueror gives you 45 AD after 5 attacks/abilities. Granted, I think Conqueror's strong now that mages can use it too, but it's still better than bringing back the era of Thunderlord mages.
EeliAzzer (EUNE)
: Look at the white knights go
I mean, I sorta agree with OP that Vaevictis shouldn't be putting up subpar players just because they're women, but fricking hell, I'd personally rather surrender than have to play a ridiculous 2:52 game regardless of which team I'm on. That's some tedious shit right there. You have to be purely vindictive and lacking professional courtesy to do this to an enemy team. This was pretty obvious BM on Rox's part, intentionally trying to humiliate them purely out of spite.
: Fiddlesticks should be scarier.
> W: Sow > > Fiddle commands a ~~flock of crows~~ wave of female pigs, he can command them to dive bomb a target area slowing enemies and adding a stack of terror to champs~~ > > If the target is scared (_and they should be, because imagine being dive bombed by a wave of female pigs_) , the ~~crow~~ sows will grant fiddle increased movement speed. FTFY
Rioter Comments
: New Conqueror Changes
This is literally just Fervor of Battle now with less damage and a bit of healing. I love it.
: PBE: League Director and the Replay API (new content creation tools)
I love the free camera movement, lossless encoding, and the FPS setting. Sounds amazing and will be really useful.
: Season 9 LP gains
Yeah, LP gain is so low right now. I just finished placements, at exactly 50% win rate. I get placed Plat 1. But then I won my next two games and only got +14 LP each. I lost my next game and lost 22 LP. It's so stupid.
Zyranium (EUW)
: Vayne is basically if Batman, Huntress & Bayonetta had a threesome.
> [{quoted}](name=Zyranium,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dcbEerNL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-31T18:15:37.118+0000) > > Vayne is basically if Batman, Huntress & Bayonetta had a threesome. And then Batman was the one to give birth, mpreg style?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 30
Hi meddler, any news about the Nocturne rework?
Dr Dog (NA)
: Xenogenic needs to see more use reworking outdated champs
As a filthy Xin Zhao main, Riot Xenogenic is by far my absolute and most favorite Rioter. He was pretty good at listening and communicating with Xin players when he reworked Xin Zhao, especially on reddit. He impressively withstood the initial outrage from the Xin players like me and neatly proved that the stats, damage, and healing nerfs that new Xin Zhao received were necessary for the Xin rework to not be broken upon release. I also really like the Nunu rework, he's so cute and fun to play now compared to his old gameplay and looks.
GreyfellD (EUW)
: It's embarassing how far this game has fallen
This is why Riot doesn't listen to the boards, people complaining about the 48% win rate support who statistically does LESS damage than even most SUPPORTS, let alone other champions.
: Blue Essence is obnoxious to get and way too rng
I don't understand... most champion capsules are set to give around the same value of BE whether it's one 6300 shard or four 1350 shards + BE. I have like 25k blue essence saved up just from playing the game like a normal person and leveling up, and that's after spending another 25k BE buying champions even without shards.
Taylor D (NA)
: Your Hail of Blades buff is simply just adding more burst to champions who can use it. Xin Zhao is absolutely nuts with is, and Vayne is becoming a menace in the laning phase which is not supposed to happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Taylor D,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=ppbOznpd,comment-id=0056,timestamp=2019-01-18T22:09:46.413+0000) > > Your Hail of Blades buff is simply just adding more burst to champions who can use it. Xin Zhao is absolutely nuts with is, and Vayne is becoming a menace in the laning phase which is not supposed to happen. It's true that the auto-reset buff was a pretty good quality of life change, but it's more of a case that Xin Zhao just hasn't had an actual damage rune since PTA got nerfed way back in early season 8, and now having this attack speed steroid just makes it look like he's going insane with it, even though he's really not much, if any, better with it than with Phase Rush according to the stat sites.
: I dont think you can trust pant's judgement about the game tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=wuthappen,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UHcH6iaO,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-01-20T00:25:24.627+0000) > > I dont think you can trust pant's judgement about the game tbh. Pants literally managed to hit Rank 1 Challenger in NA, and he's ended within the top 15 players in NA for the past 4 years, and has always been within the top 5 junglers in NA since Season 6. He's pretty damn good at this game.
Jchum (NA)
: I posted this on r/ireliamains about an hour ago, I thought it would be funny to post it here.
I don't understand this type of eggplant. Why is it so short and stubby? Eggplants are supposed to be long.
: You now have the ability to add any 1 form of CC to 1 champions ability
{{champion:5}} Q - Both second and third hit knocks up now, instead of just third hit.
: I love the lengths people will go to to justify hardcore bug abuse
I missed out completely on this 1 BE thing, but since I don't really care about what other people have, I quite literally can't understand what all this fuss is about. I guess I'm just not the type of person who gets salty when others get lucky and I don't. Whoop de doo, they got some free skins, and I didn't. I want free skins too, but you don't see me jonesing for the ones that did get free skins to be punished.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 11
STOP TRYING TO FIX XIN ZHAO, FIX THE JUNGLE SO THAT OTHER JUNGLERS CAN BE MORE VIABLE INSTEAD. THE XIN MAINS WILL ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO MAKE HIM WORK, BECAUSE HE HAS SUCH A SIMPLE KIT. WHEN YOU NERFED HIS PTA, THEY FOUND PHASE RUSH. WHEN YOU NERFED HIS CLEAR, THEY JUST STARTED GANKING MORE. WHEN YOU NERFED HIS DAMAGE, THEY LITERALLY CREATED A NEW 2.5 SECOND 5-9 HIT COMBO ON THE XIN MAINS SUBREDDIT. AT THIS POINT, YOU'RE LITERALLY JUST CREATING BETTER AND MORE AGGRAVATING XIN ZHAO ONE-TRICKS. FFS STOOOOOOP IIIIIT.
: I don't know how jungle mains do it
I think this should be in gameplay, not GD, but I'll comment on your post anyway. The number one trick to being a jungle main is to have a thick skin. Laners always blame their junglers for not winning their lane for them, and when they lose, they lose hard because laners don't understand the concept of personal responsibility when they're tilted. They'll spend more time blaming you, whether internally or overtly in chat, than they will actually playing the game. As for what you can do as a jungler gameplay-wise, you can alleviate pressure on yourself by camping one lane and making sure that you have at least one other person on your team that isn't feeding their ass off. It's a lot easier to carry games when there's two of you instead of just one. Doing this also serves to make the opposing laner rage at THEIR jungler.
: If the man who built Galio started a band instead
Most of the player base is too young to appreciate this joke. I miss 1985.
: The OP is way off. No one's crying about the ban lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xw6zPm90,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-12-20T00:33:02.835+0000) > > The OP is way off. No one's crying about the ban lmao. I guess you missed the last week or so where about a third of GD and Gameplay had multiple posts filled with hate comments against China, the Chinese, and Asians in general, as well as posts claiming they're quitting the game because China's ruining it, and even posts made specifically made for the express purpose of insulting the Chinese and Asians.
: > [{quoted}](name=xxxDogmanxxx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xw6zPm90,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-12-19T08:29:24.020+0000) > > Did you even read the part where I literally and specifically mentioned I'm aware that Riot is owned by Tencent? Or that part where LoL being banned in China in the first place is bullshit? Or that the entire list is suspected of being fake? Or that there are conflicted reports on why the game is being cited in the first place? > > Is it possible this bullshit situation could theoretically result in some changes for LoL? Maybe. But how does that ever justify the racism being overtly spewed against the Chinese and Asians on the boards? Maybe don't try to force people to comply with your own personal wants and desires eh? usually doesn't end well...
> [{quoted}](name=Percentages,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xw6zPm90,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-12-19T20:58:24.884+0000) > > Maybe don't try to force people to comply with your own personal wants and desires eh? usually doesn't end well... Where exactly in my post or in that comment of mine am I forcing people to comply with my own personal wants and desires??
: > [{quoted}](name=xxxDogmanxxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=W0HdA7nO,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-19T04:53:01.683+0000) > > I mean if people really wanted to win, then they should and easily could close out the game before 18 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I too hate the feeling of losing just because the enemy wins during the Sudden Death Nexus fight, but I'm not gonna go around blaming the mechanic when I could have easily not allowed it to get to that point in the first place. Many times I have won just winning sudden death where we were losing extremely hard. That is not a deserved win for us nor a loss for them.
Nah, an undeserved win is if one of them were afk, or hard inting, or if one of you was cheating. It doesn't matter how hard you guys were losing before, it's the enemy team's fault first for letting it get to that point, and second for not being able to beat you guys in the Sudden Death match despite being ahead all game.
: When playing Pyke, make sure to get most aggresive at lvl 6 with R
When you have your ult as Pyke, it's your *moist* powerful state.
: > [{quoted}](name=xxxDogmanxxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nILrPa2B,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T07:53:14.177+0000) > > Whoops, you're right about there being no official announcement in the boards. I was thinking of a thread mentioning it on the EUNE boards. > > But as for Twitter, Reddit, and the client, I think you're being unfair. I only know about it literally because it was announced as an alert on my client. I have no idea why yours doesn't announce it, but mine did. And Twitter and Reddit are perfectly valid places for information about League because Riot has long standing official presences there that two million+ players use and that's where historically Riot has released their information. > > It wasn't a "scavenger hunt" as you put it to find this information out at all. The information was pretty easy and open to find. Even barring all of that, if you had just opened the mode in the first place, you would have known it too. > > You just happened to be one of the few who didn't. I really don't get why you're making such a big deal about this. > > EDIT: P.S. comicbook.com is a e-sports, gaming, comic/manga, and anime website. 2m+ is around 5% of the playerbase. Meanwhile, 100% of the playerbase sees the client. I'll take your word for it that you saw it, but the deployment of that announcement was bugged to either not show on some clients or not be available for long enough. Indeed, like I said, the only way for a player who doesn't have these champions to discover this information in the client is to queue up and play Nexus Blitz _without intending to work on the mission_. Do you think it's a good time to provide information about a mission when someone is specifically intending to not do it? Saying the information was "easy and open to find" isn't a matter of opinion; it's an incorrect fact. And if everyone and their cousin can make a big deal about "I died to Yasuo again," I can make a big deal about Riot not knowing how to communicate important information. :) In this instance, it could literally have been included in the mission text. >.>
Okay, I get your point. You're right, it definitely should have just been included in the mission text itself. I can see why not doing it would upset the people who don't have these champions. This way the problem would have been non-existent. Riot should do that in the future.
Show more

xxxDogmanxxx

Level 12 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion