: Ranked 2019 — /dev Update #1
I'm still having issues with not being able to queue in flex with friends. I tried queue with my friend (op.gg here: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=IVIyth) in Flex. We were both ranked gold something in flex last season. I have a flex provisional rank of Gold 3 and he hasn't played flex yet. We cannot queue together in flex.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=destroyer22719,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TgnccK8s,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-20T00:27:30.613+0000) > > OH, if you look at the top, it gave you the source, superdata > https://www.superdataresearch.com/market-data/market-brief-year-in-review/ That's still a 3rd party. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} *** This is the best I can find about them: [Super Data](https://www.superdataresearch.com/our-team/) They claim they have a partership with Tencent, but how much can they actually know about Tencent/Riot/League in particular?
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TgnccK8s,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-20T01:58:28.620+0000) > > That's still a 3rd party. > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} > *** > This is the best I can find about them: [Super Data](https://www.superdataresearch.com/our-team/) > > They claim they have a partership with Tencent, but how much can they actually know about Tencent/Riot/League in particular? A quick google search shows they are owned by Nielsen, a $6.2 billion dollar data company.
Dukues (NA)
: Riot Balance & Design teams have cured my addiction
> Remember when you couldn't 3-4 man baron at 20 mins? My ADC and I 2-manned baron yesterday at 24 minutes. I was Lux and he was Vayne. We didn’t even come close to dying.
Akaash (NA)
: No. Normals and ranked should be completely isolated. Normal games are meant for people to play with their friends of multiple skill levels. If ranked MMR affected normal MMR, normal matchmaking would break to a terrible level. With the current system as long as you consistently play with the same people, you'll all settle into a stable MMR. That's not even including that people play different champions/roles in normal games compared to ranked games.
> [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IEK7rFAU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-15T06:51:12.236+0000) > > That's not even including that people play different champions/roles in normal games compared to ranked games. Isn’t positional matchmaking supposed to fix this issue?
: We want your ideas to improve the Boards!
I hope better moderation is in the works. For example, there is a highly upvoted post right now full of blatant racism. This is why people just go to reddit instead - the boards have a certain reputation, and I’m sure everyone at Riot knows what I’m talking about.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hoshizuku,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-14T05:06:05.324+0000) > > Bro why are you defending the ball tickler? Are you him, or are you concerned about your own right to tickle people's balls at work? I'm concerned why people are out for blood when no crime was committed. The justice system in America works because we trust it to evaluate malfeasance on the part of people in the US. The court of public opinion is not nor should ever be a substitute for the criminal justice system. No crime was committed. Yet people are calling for him to lose his job. That's inappropriate.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010015,timestamp=2018-12-14T06:33:50.124+0000) > > So now you're projecting your opinion on everyone else? When did I do that?
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hoshizuku,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-14T05:06:05.324+0000) > > Bro why are you defending the ball tickler? Are you him, or are you concerned about your own right to tickle people's balls at work? I'm concerned why people are out for blood when no crime was committed. The justice system in America works because we trust it to evaluate malfeasance on the part of people in the US. The court of public opinion is not nor should ever be a substitute for the criminal justice system. No crime was committed. Yet people are calling for him to lose his job. That's inappropriate.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010011,timestamp=2018-12-14T06:23:10.284+0000) > > You obviously were never a teenage or young adult male. This sort of dirty, crude, and sexual "joking" is extremely common in high school, college, and some companies with younger than average employees. > > Yes. It can certainly be consensual. I was and am, in fact, a young adult male, and I don't find this kind of behavior acceptable. I work in a small company of 90% men and none of us would dream of acting like this at work. Don't assume that just because it was normal for you, it is normal for everyone, or that someone "isn't a male" just because they're not okay with/didn't experience this.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hoshizuku,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-14T05:06:05.324+0000) > > Bro why are you defending the ball tickler? Are you him, or are you concerned about your own right to tickle people's balls at work? I'm concerned why people are out for blood when no crime was committed. The justice system in America works because we trust it to evaluate malfeasance on the part of people in the US. The court of public opinion is not nor should ever be a substitute for the criminal justice system. No crime was committed. Yet people are calling for him to lose his job. That's inappropriate.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WcI3Ejtf,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001000f,timestamp=2018-12-14T06:15:31.879+0000) > > 1. If there was any evidence it was nonconsensual, Riot would be legally obligated to report it to the police. > > 2. If there was any evidence it was nonconsensual, charges would've been filed already. > > 3. If anyone had told Kotaku in their interviews any hint that it was nonconsensual, Kotaku would've pounced on that and made that a big deal in the article. > > 4. There's no evidence it was nonconsensual. Are you ACTUALLY trying to say that people consented to a man farting in their face?
: Top Riot Executive Suspended Without Pay Following Investigation Over Workplace Misconduct
It's really disturbing that they think two months of unpaid leave is a fitting punishment for sexual assault.
: > [{quoted}](name=yándere,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VVQiBH5b,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-10-11T05:07:32.327+0000) > > I wouldn’t say that people like it, but they are used to it. I never played the old Karma, but this current version is pretty boring to play in addition to being quite weak at the moment. In lane, press q at the enemy. Shield adc from damage. Then after laning phase it’s even more simple. Press R. Press E. If R isn’t up, press E. Maybe press Q to slow someone. How is this enjoyable or interactive in any way? You're talking to someone who legitimately likes the new Karma. So.. uh... ya. There are definitely people who like her now, and I imagine they're probably are more of them than you realize... just, people who are happy rarely come to the forums unless they're really bored. I'm not going to try to argue with you because you clearly have your mind made up and it's absolutely 100% pointless to argue 'enjoyable' - it's just too subjective to possibly quantify or try to validate an opinion on. I will simply tell you that acting like your opinion is the only right one is not healthy.
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VVQiBH5b,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-10-11T23:45:37.812+0000) > > You're talking to someone who legitimately likes the new Karma. So.. uh... ya. There are definitely people who like her now, and I imagine they're probably are more of them than you realize... just, people who are happy rarely come to the forums unless they're really bored. > > I'm not going to try to argue with you because you clearly have your mind made up and it's absolutely 100% pointless to argue 'enjoyable' - it's just too subjective to possibly quantify or try to validate an opinion on. > > I will simply tell you that acting like your opinion is the only right one is not healthy. You're making some pretty wild assumptions here. I never said or assumed that my opinion is the only valid one. It's just my opinion, which is that people who play Karma post-rework (myself included) are just used to her as-is. If you disagree then tell me why you disagree, but don't make wild accusations about me that are 100% not based in reality.
: I feel bad for fans of old Karma, but it's been so long that significantly more people like the current Karma than still remember and liked the old Karma, and it's bad business to piss off 20000 people in order to make 2000 happy. I hope someday they add a champ that fills the niche she filled for people, but I don't think it's reasonable to ask them to say screw you to all the fans of the current design...
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VVQiBH5b,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-10T19:35:16.945+0000) > > I feel bad for fans of old Karma, but it's been so long that significantly more people like the current Karma than still remember and liked the old Karma, and it's bad business to piss off 20000 people in order to make 2000 happy. > > I hope someday they add a champ that fills the niche she filled for people, but I don't think it's reasonable to ask them to say screw you to all the fans of the current design... I wouldn’t say that people like it, but they are used to it. I never played the old Karma, but this current version is pretty boring to play in addition to being quite weak at the moment. In lane, press q at the enemy. Shield adc from damage. Then after laning phase it’s even more simple. Press R. Press E. If R isn’t up, press E. Maybe press Q to slow someone. How is this enjoyable or interactive in any way?
: Including her bubble?
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nKvwzhfY,comment-id=000c0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-11T03:53:26.263+0000) > > Including her bubble? Yes. If you cast bubble on yourself or an ally you/they get a speed boost. It does not apply aery though.
: Out of the top 20 champions, literally only 4 have dashes - that can be used defensively (or 5, if you want to count amumu). (Jax, Ahri, Fizz, Graves). In response to the current top thread talking about "champs have a fuck ton of dashes and still do more damage / w.e." And everyones like "omg, no punishment for fucking up if you're mobile". Also, Vel'Koz, Lux, Anivia, Malzahar, truly immobile champions, are way up there long before "flashy outplay" champions like Zed/Lee sin are. Also why are we suddenly concerned with challenger players??? I thought Riot was supposed to balance around Silver (balance around boards).
> [{quoted}](name=charge attack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nKvwzhfY,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-10-11T00:35:13.728+0000) > > Out of the top 20 champions, literally only 4 have dashes - that can be used defensively (or 5, if you want to count amumu). (Jax, Ahri, Fizz, Graves). > > In response to the current top thread talking about "champs have a fuck ton of dashes and still do more damage / w.e." And everyones like "omg, no punishment for fucking up if you're mobile". > > Also, Vel'Koz, Lux, Anivia, Malzahar, truly immobile champions, are way up there long before "flashy outplay" champions like Zed/Lee sin are. > > Also why are we suddenly concerned with challenger players??? I thought Riot was supposed to balance around Silver (balance around boards). Where did you ever see that Riot balances around silver? I have only ever seen that they balance around Diamond+
: > [{quoted}](name=Rescued,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nlvAkgTr,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2018-10-10T21:51:23.591+0000) > > But yet nami got nerfed Nami did need a slight power down. Thresh was unnecessarily buffed in 8.19 along with Pyke. Alistar has been bs all season.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nlvAkgTr,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2018-10-10T22:43:14.644+0000) > > Nami did need a slight power down. > > Thresh was unnecessarily buffed in 8.19 along with Pyke. > > Alistar has been bs all season. I would only agree with the Nami nerf if we also saw a revert to Thresh and Pyke buffs, and an Alistar nerf. But instead it’s just Nami and those other three will remain strong because FLASHY WORLDS PLAYS.
: Is that 8.20 only or 8.19? Because if it's 8.20 only then remember the patch has been out for less than half a day. Speaking of overtuned - https://i.gyazo.com/0252da4112e16890c5b076edb06d69d1.png
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nlvAkgTr,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-10T14:01:30.455+0000) > > Is that 8.20 only or 8.19? > > > Because if it's 8.20 only then remember the patch has been out for less than half a day. > > > > Speaking of overtuned - > > https://i.gyazo.com/0252da4112e16890c5b076edb06d69d1.png Hard agree. Please get this fucking cow out of my games riot.
Smorx (EUNE)
: Positional matchmaking makes me get my secondary role 75% of the time. (i queue for support first)
I’m guessing it’s because of the mmr difference between your primary and secondary roles. If your primary role is much higher than your secondary, there are more players available at the secondary role’s mmr than the primary role’s mmr. Matchmaking wants to match you as quickly as possible, and there is no priority (or not enough priority) given to your primary role to override this.
: Champions You'd Like to See Reworked in 2019
I would really like a class rework for enchanter supports, especially {{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} They have mostly been overlooked in this thread so far, but I think most people can agree that champions like Janna, Soraka and Lulu are hugely problematic and need to be examined. This season, Riot gutted shields and shield items (rip Ivern). A champion like Bard for example, who was meant as an enchanter, now takes electrocute and does tons of damage in lane while his shrine ability is basically useless other than as a minor speed buff. {{champion:43}} in particular is just complete trash, especially when you examine games in Diamond+, she is practically non-existent and rocking a 43% winrate. I would consider her rework a failure; it just served to make her more boring and one-dimensional, while at least before there were some variable elements to her play. Meanwhile, champions like Thresh and Alistar have been allowed to terrorize high elo games for MONTHS and Thresh was even BUFFED last patch just for worlds. I don't understand why, but Riot has decided they hate enchanters. If you dislike their playstyle that much, just rework them. Please stop leaving champions in the gutter while Yasuo can't be allowed to leave the meta for more than a patch.
: Also, you're never gonna change someone's mind in less than hours. Yeah daryl davis changes people but he takes time and energy to do it. He puts more time and energy into it than is possible in the time constraints of a league of legends match.
That's what I'm saying lol. I don't play League so that I can "educate the haters." I am playing a video game to have fun. If someone is being a jerk, I mute. That's why it's there.
: I'm not wrong. Google "Daryl Davis". He was in a documentary you might be able to watch: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5390430/ You just don't want to put the effort in.
Okay but when you're in the middle of a video game, you don't have time to engage with this person and try to change his mind, and honestly it's not my (or anyone else's) job to educate the person flaming me on why they should stop. I just want to play a video game in peace without some asshat calling me an egirl. Best thing to do is mute, and I stand by that statement.
: Awesome! I find people either really like me or really hate me, depending on whether we won or lost haha. The Ori guide is still updated, and it still remains very strong. I think that it is slightly stronger than Janna or Lulu at its peak potential, but that regularly hitting that potential is extremely difficult because there are so many ways to screw it up.
I see. I think I'll hold off until preseason and give it another shot.
: Well, it sounds like the player was aware of the rules and was choosing their words to avoid direct offense. That means they are aware their behavior could result in punishment. Yet, they still chose to misbehave. Do you really think a punishment is going to be effective against someone that knowingly breaks rules? Your report changes nothing. No big deal, just take a new approach. You are aware that ignoring the comments isn't ideal. Nothing changes. They didn't change their behavior because you ignored them. That leaves you responsible for taking a positive action. It's the only way the situation will actually improve. How to fight against ignorance? Use truth. (If you really want change, you are going to have to do work.) EDIT: Because I'm paranoid about being misunderstood. I'm not supporting negativity in any way. I support positive energy being used to reform negative energy.
I'm sorry but you're wrong. Trying to engage with this type of person is a waste of time, as they will continue to escalate their abusive words. The best thing to do when someone is flaming you for any reason is to ignore or mute them.
: My user name is kind of a give away :P Thank you though, I've been playing league for a long time and have seen harassment a lot. Just wanted to put a post out there and that its not okay to talk to someone like that.
I actually get this type of blatant sexism from time to time as well. My name is currently Yandere which could be interpreted as female, but I've changed it a few times and the comments are the same. Some people assume that if you're playing an enchanter support then you must be a girl. One guy in particular really pissed me off, so I decided to correct him and say he is wrong, I'm not a girl, and to please leave me alone. From then on he insisted I must be a trap, and that he wishes he wouldn't get traps in his games. Some people are just disgusting like that. I'm sorry you experienced this.
: How often does off-meta get reported? - Results from my last 90 days
I remember playing a game with you a while back. You picked Malzahar jungle, back when Malz was super strong in mid and support as well. You were very polite and we won the game easily. I also remember seeing your name on a guide on Mobafire (I think) about Oriana support. I tried it out and wasn't very successful, sadly. Do you think it's still viable after shield and item nerfs?
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: As I said, find me a support with hands that says Janna is fine and we will talk Plot twist: Anyone above d3 or d2 would know how garbge she is
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lQ2crENy,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-13T20:17:09.399+0000) > > As I said, find me a support with hands that says Janna is fine and we will talk > > Plot twist: Anyone above d3 or d2 would know how garbge she is I would take it a step further and say find me a support main above D1 who thinks ANY enchanter support, aside from Nami, is anything but hot garbage right now.
: > [{quoted}](name=yándere,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ioTeLusU,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2018-09-10T19:41:32.940+0000) > > Reported for eating pizza with pineapple. > > Anyway, my answer: > > 1. No > 2. No > 3. At the very least I would've communicated it better. If they wanted to do this type of event, it should've been planned far in advance (seems like the final details weren't even nailed down until the day of, which is just poor planning in general). Probably would have picked a different day to do these types of panels if I wanted it to be women/nonbinary only, like host a specific workshop, maybe even at Riot's office instead of PAX. The issues around advertising/getting people to show up are more apparent with this approach, but we'd figure that out. > 4. Sushi > 5. Yes I still play League, but no I don't watch much content aside from NA LCS streams and possibly replays of them if I miss the live broadcast. they couldn't plan it earlier because it's illegal on state and federal levels to discriminate against paying customers, since those who went to pax had paid for tickets to attend any panel they wanted, telling men specifically they couldn't is against the law. They did it last minute to avoid as much legal scrutiny as possible.
> [{quoted}](name=The Öutcast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ioTeLusU,comment-id=000200020000,timestamp=2018-09-10T19:56:39.335+0000) > > they couldn't plan it earlier because it's illegal on state and federal levels to discriminate against paying customers, since those who went to pax had paid for tickets to attend any panel they wanted, telling men specifically they couldn't is against the law. They did it last minute to avoid as much legal scrutiny as possible. Do you have a source for that claim?
: 1. Irrelevant 2. Irrelevant 3. I'd say that riot is trying to increase its internal diversity but make it clear everyone is welcome... Except people who attack customers or anyone who is woke. 4. Pizza. With meat. And pineapples. 5. It's been a couple of weeks as I've keep getting sidetracked on to other things (shipfus, I'm looking at you) but I'd say yes.
> [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ioTeLusU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-10T18:24:57.787+0000) > > 1. Irrelevant > > 2. Irrelevant > > 3. I'd say that riot is trying to increase its internal diversity but make it clear everyone is welcome... Except people who attack customers or anyone who is woke. > > 4. Pizza. With meat. And pineapples. > > 5. It's been a couple of weeks as I've keep getting sidetracked on to other things (shipfus, I'm looking at you) but I'd say yes. Reported for eating pizza with pineapple. Anyway, my answer: 1. No 2. No 3. At the very least I would've communicated it better. If they wanted to do this type of event, it should've been planned far in advance (seems like the final details weren't even nailed down until the day of, which is just poor planning in general). Probably would have picked a different day to do these types of panels if I wanted it to be women/nonbinary only, like host a specific workshop, maybe even at Riot's office instead of PAX. The issues around advertising/getting people to show up are more apparent with this approach, but we'd figure that out. 4. Sushi 5. Yes I still play League, but no I don't watch much content aside from NA LCS streams and possibly replays of them if I miss the live broadcast.
: Opinion on smurfs?
Smurfing, I don't really care about unless the person turns into a jerk during the match. Plus it's sort of inevitable that it will happen, especially if pro players have to transfer between regions for an event, etc. If you want to get mad at something, it should be boosting, not smurfing.
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=QancerClown,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xJEvO67o,comment-id=0003000100000001,timestamp=2018-09-06T21:25:19.558+0000) > > We are not trying to attack you. If we were, we would downvote you. We are frustrated because Klain said things that are horrible and Riot has done things that are horrible. If Riot wants us to be less toxic they should start from themselves. > > I am not talking about you. I have read your comments in other posts and you seem to be a gentle and kind person. > > The fact is that I feel the same as Malefic Reality. I want toxicity in League to drop down, but it also is imposible to do if Riot doesn't get to fixing it. Community won't forgive the attack on its male part. Female part of the community is angry as well. They need to adress the problem, instead of avoiding it. They need to behave like adults. > > The game has its problems as well: > > Mid lane should actually be all about laning phase and people shouldn't be able to blow others up without hitting skillshots. More midlaners should be like Orianna. She is literally a perfect champion. I don't know who designed her, but he/she is a genius. > > Jungling should be about smart pathing and decision making, but instead we have that oneshoting/stun locking meta. > > Top is not getting any love. The meta there is shifting from tanks to brusers and to tanks again. Tanks should be situational picks for top lane. Top is for brusers and they should be balanced a little bit more. As for now if they get buffed they will dominate and if they get nerfed they will be useless. Top is not balanced at all. > > Adc is seriously weird now. Marksman are actually doing assassins job better than assassins. They are oneshoting people. Stormrazor should have never been introduced. ADC shouldn't oneshot people. They should do progressively more dmg with every aa hit or have to at least hit 5-6 aa to kill. Smart positioning and micro skills should be promoted here. > > Support is not destroyed yet. They have got a lot of diversity and are actually the most balanced lane in LoL. It is actually quite fun to play. Just, Riot should stop with promoting dmg dealers on supp. Support, as the name suggests, should support the marksman. They should buy wards and healing items. Protect or heal or both. > > I don't know why, but Riot makes questionable decisions since S7 and League is in bad state now. My solutions would be punishing people responsible for events that shouldn't have happened and starting hot fixing things more often. Everybody has noticed that MF is oneshoting, instead of being an adc. It doesn't feel fair at all. Mf is killing people on 1 aa and q. Also her ult can 100-0 the whole team. Hot fixing her would help. > > Maybe Rengar should be nerfed or nerfing dark harvest and lethality would do something. Of course that are not the only changes that should happen. Lethality meta is just ... worse than tank meta. > > Fixing all of this would be hard. The essential part of League is jungle. It should be reversed to that beautiful jungle with benefits for smiting camps. A defensive or offensive ward for smiting wolfs was such a cool idea. Those buffs for killing minions were actually bad, but they could be changed into something creative. > > Laning will always be about hitting minions and farming up. I actually don't know what could be improved there, except for towers. Towers are too weak. They fail to protect people. Actually even lvl 1 dives are possible. > > I was trying to be as gentle as I could. If you don't agree I understand it. Every person's experience with the game differs. I apologise for making it so long and boring. Have a nice day. I appreciate the thought out feedback. There's a lot to break down here (more than I'd want to type out), but I do think its worth discussing! I stream semi-frequently if you ever want to hop onto the channel discord to chat! I think it would be a super interesting discussion of how you think the game meta affects player behavior. I'm rather unconvinced either way, but I'll be the first to admit I haven't given the connection too much thought.
> I think it would be a super interesting discussion of how you think the game meta affects player behavior. I'm rather unconvinced either way, but I'll be the first to admit I haven't given the connection too much thought. I'm not OP but I have some thoughts on this (as I'm sure a lot of people do). I don't think it's that a particular meta causes players to be toxic, exactly. It's just that League is, in the "best" metas, a game that is fraught with frustration already, and this has been talked about in the community extensively over the years. Here is why I think this season is different. One of the greatest ways to breed frustration is to remove someone's agency, and many League players are very frustrated because they feel that they have very little or no agency in the game. I certainly feel this way. I can't tell you how many games this season have ended with me crying (yes, crying over a video game...) because I just felt so powerless to do anything to influence the game. You can probably guess that I like to play bot lane, mostly support and sometimes ADC. Earlier this season I felt pretty good, I was climbing at a high rate and felt like my actions were having an impact on the game. There were of course problems, such as level 3 ganks from junglers, and even though these things were annoying, I felt like I had the ability to deal with those setbacks. Now, if the enemy jungler ganks at level 2 or 3, and my jungler does not countergank, the lane is over; almost every gank requires me to blow all my summoner spells, and many times even that is not enough to survive, and the tower will not protect me. This feels awful, naturally. If my jungler can't get there fast enough, or my mid laner isn't a highly mobile champion, there isn't much to be done. But it's even worse than that. The jungler doesn't even have to gank my lane, but maybe they gank top. Not even camping, but just one single gank where they get a kill. Maybe the top laner made a mistake and deserved to die, but even this single gank can decide the fate of the whole game. The game is about a numbers advantage, and how you can surprise the enemy with your high damage and your numbers advantage. Like that infamous game where Fnatic hid in a bush next to baron pit and waited to surprise the enemy team. That's basically all of League right now. Oftentimes, whichever lane gets behind early is like an open wound for your team, and unless you can quickly react by taking an advantage elsewhere, you are left with this gaping hole that you can't fix, and it just keeps bleeding out until the game ends. I've had many, many games where we won the lane, even dominated the lane, but because top or mid received extra pressure from the enemy jungler and we weren't able to respond (or our jungler doesn't care to respond) we just lose anyway. I like to roam a lot as a support, even on enchanter supports that you don't expect to see roaming (for precisely that reason), but this season I feel that roaming has little impact on the outcome. I feel especially scared to leave my ADC at bot because they won't be able to survive a gank, even under our tower. I'm not confident in my ability to peel or negate damage as an enchanter anymore, and most people don't even play enchanters except for Nami. I personally feel that my playstyle is not welcome in League anymore; there is basically only one linear way to play the game, and it is not how I like to play. Again, this leaves me feeling alienated and lacking agency, and I've been playing the game for over five years, consistently reaching mid-high elo every season since season 4. Many ADC players have said this same thing: the champions they like, and the way they like to play, are not viable. My not very expert opinion is that the jungle has too much influence over the game. Not just the jungler, but the JUNGLE itself, including neutral and epic monsters, and plants too. The game is played too much around scuttle crab, dragon, rift herald, and baron. If the enemy has a more favorable early game comp and can secure early scuttles, herald, or god forbid an early infernal dragon, the game is pretty much done. Baron buff is basically a magic GG button; unless you are severely behind and achieve a steal, securing baron almost guarantees your victory without even much effort, even if you have not taken a single inhib turret yet. It's pretty frustrating as a player when the enemy team can secure baron and push in your base not even by grouping or attacking turrets, but just by standing in the general vicinity of a structure. They don't have to put themselves at risk from poke during a siege because of how weak turrets are, especially because of the cannon minion's ridiculous range and the overall tankiness of the wave. Nexus turrets are also a joke; if inhib turrets go down, the game is over, there is almost no point defending nexus turrets because, by this point in the game, almost everyone on their team can tank multiple tower shots without risk. Some people might argue, isn't this the point of League? Taking objectives should result in a win. Well, yes and no. League is a game generally played out in multiple parts, which most refer to as (1) laning phase, (2) mid game, and (3) late game. However, in a meta that heavily favors the team which secures the most objectives as early as possible, there is almost no point in the laning phase or late game existing. The separate phases of the game lack balance, power is heavily skewed toward mid game, and the mid game comes much earlier than it used to. Does it matter if I killed my opponent five times in lane and got more CS, if their team just comes to kill me, takes an infernal or herald, and grabs a free turret or two? What's the point of even killing them 1v1? If you don't or can't roam to other lanes and kill everyone/take objectives, your lead is meaningless. Hell, it's even a greater advantage for the enemy when they get a ton of gold for killing you. This is where you get people saying they can't "carry" anymore. Well, you can carry, just not by winning your lane. The lane doesn't matter. Therefore, people who excelled at outplaying their opponent in lane feel that they have no power even if they won their lane, if they cannot get their team to press their advantage by taking objectives like herald or dragon (especially infernal). Likewise, champions who come online in late game don't get a chance to scale, as the game is entirely won in the mid game, and again only if you got those early epic monsters or scuttles. If the enemy team can gangbang you at bot or top early in the game, that means an early dragon or rift herald for them, and that almost always translates to a win in my experience. There are exceptions, of course, but this seems like the general trend. This overall sense of powerlessness and hopelessness breeds frustration and toxicity, especially if you don't understand what's happening or that your preferred playstyle just does not fit into this meta, and often people will shift blame onto their teammates for this. This is why you see those posts of people complaining about "inters" in their games; well, they're almost certainly not inting, the enemy team is probably just good at ganging up on them. Or, even worse (and this is something I see 100x more this season than previous seasons), they just give up. Enemy team got baron? We cannot defend against them. Enemy jungler is playing someone like Eve, Khazix, or Rengar, and they snowballed? There is nothing we can do. Enemy team took rift herald and got an early infernal? We won't be able to stop their push or compete with their damage. Maybe you've seen that phrase "go next" become popular recently; it's like the new "open mid," except people say it to their own team (and I hate it). People legit just give up in this meta, and honestly I find it hard to blame them, because most times there really is nothing you can do. By the time your top laner has died to a gank from the jungler and mid two times, the game is pretty much done, unless you were there to negate those ganks in the first place. Once a team gains that advantage from those early kills + objectives, it's incredibly hard to come back. **tl;dr** Many players who preferred to play the game a certain way are feeling alienated and powerless in the current meta, which heavily favors early game champions, especially early game junglers, who can create an insurmountable lead by early ganking. Neutral and epic monsters also have far too much impact on the game. Feeling hopeless and powerless breeds frustration, which often leads to toxicity, and a lack of understanding for how the current meta works can lead to players shifting blame onto their teammates, or just giving up completely as soon as anything goes wrong. Not saying this behavior is excusable or warranted, but perhaps that gives some perspective on the issue.
Kythers (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Koechophe,realm=NA,application-id=ELUpwER8,discussion-id=HmMqvlOx,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-29T23:48:21.632+0000) > 3) Nami's kit carries too much reliability. > While nami does have a skill shot in the form of her bubble, the rest of her kit is actually extremely reliable. Her tidal wave is massive and will slam straight through a teamfight with relative ease. Her E requires no thought or skill to use correctly: Slam it on an ememy who auto attacks and it will be used at max potential. Her W does require proximity, but no aiming and very little thought, particularly in late game. > > This creates an issue that Nami can sit in lane and safely use her W to heal the laner, then her E to engage and be pretty effective. Even if she misses her bubble, she'll still be formidable and there's little to no counterplay. All Nami requires is range of her ADC, and she can cast her spells and work. The lack of skill expression is evident in nami's low skill-cieling. > > In short, there seems to be a distinct lack of risk assossiated with Nami's kit. Absolute nonsense. Compared to other enchanters, she likely has the highest skill ceiling just from having her bubble being an unreliable stun. All other enchanters have essentially unmissable peel. She was/is strong because her main counters weren't being played She had a high winrate because she is at her strongest in the laning phase, and games were unusually short in the last few patches. I am curious to see how it evolves I see {{champion:89}} being picked very regularly now, and she wrecks nami Nami's weakness is and has always been all-ins. Bubble can be flashed when it matters, which means her only reliable peel is an ultimate which takes almost a second to cast, travels slowly and can also be flashed She also runs out of mana extremely fast in lane against stronger poke ({{champion:143}} hello), with her w being one of the single most expensive spells in the game mana wise, having to use it constantly doesn't let you use anything else at all in lane, and before you get your 10 mana band procs and some items she runs out of mana in like 5-6 casts if that. So yes, she can save an ADC that's getting poked to absolute hell kind of, but you won't be able to do anything, won't get your frostfang.mana band procs from constantly healing ADC, and are basically stunted for the rest of the game She really shines against other enchanters, since she is probably the strongest enchanter in the laning phase with a decent lategame. Especially strong against Lulu, Morgana and Janna, who lack the sustain to trade with her properly. If you're losing games to ardent censer rushing Namis (really shit build), it's because their ADC was probably a smurf or very skilled the only nerf I would be ok with is a reduction in the cast range of her e, to force her to get a bit closer and not to sit back 5 miles behind the adc like janna used to, that playstyle of support just aggravates me and I wouldn't be sad to see it go away
I could see a reduction in her W cast range being reasonable. All of the changes OP has suggested sound awful to me. I might be biased as Nami is a favorite of mine, but I would really hate to see her nerfed significantly. I'd rather see other supports buffed than see Nami nerfed, or for Riot to take a look at Ancient Coin instead and see how they can tweak it to favor enchanter supports rather than being insanely strong by giving too much gold or insanely weak by not giving AP. Looking at u.gg's stats, Nami is the ONLY enchanter support in the "S+ Tier" list, and you have to go down to the 9th spot to find another enchanter, which is Soraka. I feel like she's getting so much play because all of us enchanter support players have almost no other champion we can play and be competitive, especially if you're picking before the enemy support. Nami is just a safe pick, whereas someone like Soraka is pretty risky to lock in when you don't know what their team has. I would be okay with tuning down some of Nami's power if there were even other enchanter options, but there really aren't.
: [Community Activity] League Champs FUSED! Make your requests here! FREE AND FUN!
Rioter Comments
: > multifactor authentication Get this shit out of here. Idiots that give away their accounts will still do so. Everyone else will just be annoyed beyond belief every time they have to jump through hoops, dig in their spam folder or wait for delayed messages.
What is this salt in here? Tons of other games and websites use 2FA, it's usually OPTIONAL for the people who WANT IT, and I personally would like to have it as an option. This is a feature Blizzard has been using for years, it's about time Riot got on board too.
AgiIity (EUNE)
: Custom Urf
This is legit one of the features I miss most about the old client.
Malak (NA)
: lmao no... I don't want every game lasting over 30 min
> [{quoted}](name=Krotux,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BMlWKUYJ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-06-19T18:52:13.781+0000) > > lmao no... > > I don't want every game lasting over 30 min Exactly, no one wants 50 minute games either. That's too long. Around 35 minutes is much better.
shoe6535 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=XXXMurderPenguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=naacmQt2,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2018-06-12T02:20:39.168+0000) > > This is because they let {{champion:45}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:143}} go support what? they have no escape abilities, blitz thresh and alistar just counter them, and other enchanter supports are better for different situations
Idk about Veigar, but Brand and Zyra are really good as support. Brand for example has a 52.4% winrate at a 7.9% pickrate, while Zyra has an identical winrate at a 6.5% pickrate; they have some of the highest winrates out of support champions, second only to Nami and Taric. Also, "traditional" supports like Karma, Sona, Bard, and Taric are all picked less than these two. [Source.](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champions/)
: Early Snowball 8.13
> I know this is a common complaint, but we have reasons to believe that elongating laning phases is not the best course of action right now. This is partially because having elongated laning phases means more chance for lanes to snowball out of control without meaningful chances for other lanes to intervene as well as just reducing the amount of game variance (through interaction with other champions). I would like to know what the reasons are for thinking that longer laning phase means more chance for lanes to snowball, if you're able to respond. I did see your reddit post and also responded to it, it was very interesting. > I personally think the average length of laning phases is about right at the moment I'd also like to know your reasons for thinking this. I can't remember a time in the past five years where laning phases were this short, so to me it feels kinda wrong, but if it's better for the health of the game it doesn't matter to me.
KnifeCat (OCE)
: Riot, damage is way too high across the board
Supports do too much damage. I hate it. As a support player I'd love to be able to play a regular old heal shield support like season 4/5, but no, even Janna and Soraka do ridiculous damage now, and Janna is getting a shield nerf (in addition to Lulu and Karma!!!!!!!). Instead I have to play Zyra and Morgana to win. I get shit like Brand/Fiddlesticks/Zoe in my lane, or high cc engage supports like Alistar and Rakan.
Janakin (EUNE)
: Season 4 was the best. Then they started gradually fucking the game up.
Can I get season 4 with role selection? That sounds perfect to me honestly.

yándere

Level 119 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion