: ***
Thanks for the advice, but I'm more interested in making it known to the community here. Since they're the ones being moderated, I think it's fair to them I take issues with mods here instead of privately settling them.
Rioter Comments
Ulanopo (NA)
: Good evening, As the person who removed those posts, I'm probably the best person to respond. First off, it's not okay to repost removed content, as we removed it for a reason. Second, it's not okay to name-and-shame. That's why I've edited your post. As to the larger point of you feeling libeled, that's really not how this works. As an anonymous player, your reputation doesn't have a value to protect. You may feel slighted by the idea that someone could have read that and thought you a racist, but the posts are all gone (from the both of you) and it's really not the job of moderation to make sure people only form positive opinions of you. In the future, you should avoid using contentious or transformative figures in your examples and arguments, as this often leads to situations like the one in that thread where the conversation drifts into unacceptable territory and moderation has to get involved. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
Ulanopo, I always said the mods have a hard job. I was generally on your side with things, I always defended you guys against people who hated mods. [Removed by Moderation] You clearly didn't even read the post since you just said I thought someone was calling me racist. I never said JEROME called me racist or even implied he did. I never said I need you mods to make sure people only form positive opinions of me or even implied that. I said somebody lied about what I did, and you removed my only way of disproving it. So I wanted a mod to rectify the situation. I said within the first few sentences that I will not say who I'm talking about, and that I'd refer to the person with a pseudonym like Jerome. You must have skimmed over that since you removed every instance of where I replaced the person's username with a random one with no affiliation to the person. I did not repost removed content. I included a paraphrased summary of what I said that got removed. I know that's not against the rules, moderators do it all the time when they discuss their actions with people. On top of that, I had two lines that maybe perhaps possibly could be argued was reposting removed content. But you removed 90% of my post. Did you also moderate the post where JEROME says everyone should accept consequences? Because that's gone from my post, and I have no idea why that would possibly ever be removed content. I'm not anonymous. I'm y0r1ck. The words you see on your screen are part of me. We all put parts of who we are on these boards. This part of me says fuck you.
Hotarµ (NA)
: I mean, it's free. If you don't want to do that, it's fine, but you'll have much better results in getting a timely and well-explained response from the moderators if you go directly to them.
Well maybe I'll try looking later, I've already spent too much time making this post. Thanks for your advice.
Hotarµ (NA)
: >TLDR; Since a mod took away my ability to defend myself, I want a mod to step in and say that Jerome is wrong in what he said about me. Just saying, I think this is something you probably should discuss in Discord, at least in addition to making this post. It's free and it takes almost no time to make an account + set it up for the Boards Discord. You'll get a more hands-on exchange and you can talk freely with them in a pullroom.
I might have a discord account but I certainly don't remember the name, password, or email if I do.
: "I don't have a discord, and don't want one." So clearly, he wants it in writing that he's correct. I wish him luck with that.
No, I want it in writing that I did not do the things Jerome accused me of. Failing that I want the accusing parts of Jerome's post removed. Luck is always appreciated.
: https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/60053906/fascinating.jpg
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bigbangtheory/images/7/7d/RPSLS.png/revision/latest?cb=20120822205915
: > [{quoted}](name=IronyAndSublime,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=sjqdO3NB,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-30T15:49:42.251+0000)Right now, a large number of mods are abusing their powers to silence the community's complaints about their own integrity and competence. I'll be honest: this is a conspiracy theory. Hell, a look at this board *alone* shows any number of threads that would be deleted if this were true. If we secretly had an agenda of stifling complaints, we could do it *much* better than this. But we don't have said agenda, so we don't. We remove complaints that are uncivil, insulting, or attack us as individuals, yes -- because we remove individual attacks against *anyone*, Mod/Rioter/otherwise. --------------- I'll also respond to the Rhaast quote removal, as I know that bothered some people. I don't reasonably expect any League player, moderator, or even Riot voice line writer to be able to identify every League quote out of context. Many of them are not acceptable things to say to another community member, such as "I'll drown you in your own blood!" This means that we run into edge cases where someone using a champion quote out of the context of the game can use that quote to insult or otherwise display inappropriate behavior towards another community member. In the case of that particular removal, there was not sufficient context to tell whether or not the champion quote was being used to insult another player or simply to quote the champion, and in cases like that we are on the side of caution and remove it without punishing the person who made the post. This removes the possible attack against another community member, while giving the benefit of the doubt to the author of the post with regards to whether or not a punishment is issued.
I read that you remove individual attacks against anyone. That's probably good for the order of the boards. Do you also remove attacks against groups, such as when someone says "yasuo mains are toxic" or "shaco mains are delusional" or "riven mains are bootlickers"? I believe I should report such posts under the offensive tag, because even though they're not particularly offensive they serve no purpose other than defaming groups. Should I continue to report these posts as offensive, report them under other tags, or leave them alone?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HEyQwv4L,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T17:20:14.947+0000)What could be more egregious than saying to shoot somebody's dog? I'm not going to list all the offensive stuff I've seen on the boards, but let's just say a *lot* of stuff.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HEyQwv4L,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T17:26:50.738+0000) > > I'm not going to list all the offensive stuff I've seen on the boards, but let's just say a *lot* of stuff. Fair enough
SnupRawr (NA)
: ....[No rant posts](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant)?
> [{quoted}](name=SnupRawr,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=QxHLXTNa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-30T17:27:41.835+0000) > > ....[No rant posts](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant)? "as many" "no" Read please.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HEyQwv4L,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T17:11:58.580+0000)No you misunderstand, I don't care that he said it to a mod, but that he said that at all. We don't perma-ban for just one or two violations save in the most egregious and extreme cases. This wasn't one of them.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HEyQwv4L,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T17:15:12.791+0000) > > We don't perma-ban for just one or two violations save in the most egregious and extreme cases. This wasn't one of them. What could be more egregious than saying to shoot somebody's dog?
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HEyQwv4L,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T15:28:13.786+0000)Bro if he said that why is he still allowed to post? Because the fact that the behavior in question targets a moderator does not mean it deserves an escalation outside of the normal progression. I'm not in the habit of escalating punishments past the normal punishment appropriate for the violation just because it directly targets me or someone on the mod team. That *would* be an abuse of power.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HEyQwv4L,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T15:46:02.788+0000) > > Because the fact that the behavior in question targets a moderator does not mean it deserves an escalation outside of the normal progression. I'm not in the habit of escalating punishments past the normal punishment appropriate for the violation just because it directly targets me or someone on the mod team. That *would* be an abuse of power. No you misunderstand, I don't care that he said it to a mod, but that he said that at all. Like why is somebody allowed to say those things at all? That's far worse than "hate speech" even. I'm not trying to imply that you're taking threats to yourself more seriously, no need to assume so.
: sooo comment got removed, it was only so OP would clarify, treated as insulting
Yeah, I told someone to pull up their diapers and the whole comment got removed. Not sure if I can't call people babies anymore? Can a mod clarify? Is it the diaper or the baby that's too insulting?
: Saying "you're just parroting talking points that other people have made in threads"
I don't mind people being unoriginal, I mind people opening new threads to be unoriginal.
: Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompetence. ~ Tim Pool incompetence here for me includes mistakes lol
Hanlon's razor, not Tim Pool. I'm sure Tim of all people wouldn't want us to miscredit people.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HEyQwv4L,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T13:23:19.118+0000) > > Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompetence. > ~ Tim Pool > > incompetence here for me includes mistakes lol Them, The Normies: Misunderstand. Us, The Chad Intellectuals: quote Tim Pool.
: > [{quoted}](name=Emelie Cauchemar,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=HEyQwv4L,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-30T15:02:57.829+0000)Oh look, another moderator that's going to get another love tap for being extremely lazy and incompetent. Mistakes happen. There's a lot of posts to moderate, and we're humans. When severe mistakes occur, we handle them appropriately. When minor mistakes occur, we handle *them* appropriately. >Don't worry though. I reckon you'll get a one day suspension like I did for calling them out :)!!! By the very same incompetent moderator! Calling us out in a civil fashion is fine. Calling us, effectively, ignorant people who half-ass our stuff and saying you should shoot our dogs and then arrest us isn't especially civil, nor the way to address your concerns or complaints.
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:45:48.916+0000) > > I wouldn't want people to coddle my weakness. I would want them to say, "Stand up straight and deal with it, or get left behind." It's better for everyone that way. > > That's not to say I'd tolerate an asshole who actually tries to insult and offend, but I don't see any assholes in the OP. Just someone who wants everyone to coddle a minority's weakness. I say no, teach them to be strong instead so they can deal with assholes on their own. Asking for a modicum of civility or at least consideration is nowhere near asking "to be coddled." We keep going from one extreme to another. First everyone's frustrated at hate and bullying so we try to get people to stop doing that, t hen people complain that people are too soft and being "PC" doesnt let us say what we really mean, so we move back in that direction, and so on and so on. Extremes are bad. Can we not strike a balance between being all-out assholes with no repercussions and "being coddled"? As in the original post, I take far more issue with people not really knowing what the conditions they mock actually mean, because that just promotes misuse of something that really doesn't mean what they think it means. Of course, it would be preferable if people would just stop being jerks all the time, but I understand that sometimes we get frustrated. You're still better off with generic curses and utterances of frustration than you are specifically disparaging a group of people with a particular characteristc.
You want a modicum of civility, I can give that to you by not insulting you or using it around you. That's the middle-ground. Telling everyone not to use the insult at all is coddling weakness. I agree with what you say about the knowledge. Maybe if they knew what it was like to be autistic they wouldn't use it as an insult? And if they still do who really cares about what those kinds of people think? https://youtu.be/49FbwaDGPiY This guy understands that he can't just make people stop saying bad words. What he can do is inform the ones he sees, and ask others to be more informed.
: You and this Rosa Parks thing. Dude, you're being so inappropriate inserting something like that into a completely unrelated situation and then putting words in my mouth to make me seem like a racist. You're being an ass. I disagree that people should bitch and complain and piss and moan about their League punishments, because there's a good chance they deserve them. But you think you're goddamn clever bringing up civil rights and trying to make it seem like I have a problem with that. You aren't as clever as you think you are, and it's shameful how you're going about this.
Dude how is it unrelated if you said "everyone should accept the consequences"? You said something as an absolute, I gave you a counter example. It's one of the best examples of how someone can be doing the right thing by not accepting consequences... AKA DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING YOUR STATEMENT. You're right I'm an ass. Kiss me.
: Reduce Yasuo Windwall duration under enemy tower
Yay just what we needed! More balance suggestions from players who can't punish a yasuo even when he wastes abilities. For real though, there's no need for this. Just get good. If Yasuo is under your tower, hit him. If he uses his wall to stop you from hitting him, kill him when he tries to cs. There, I didn't even charge you. You're welcome.
Velasan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uBo2aeFE,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:18:32.753+0000) > > Can you give some specific examples? I can't think of any, but your point makes sense and I think some specific examples would be good for the discussion. Well for one Cho'gath Q. If he is trying to catch someone for an engage and that is his main source of CC until he walks right on top of someone, and then the knock up only lasts like .2 sec, he becomes completely useless. Also, stops Yasuo from being able to use R because it doesn't activate until after the opponent is in the air. Swains passive pull would end early because it is considered a knock up. Nunu (which gets the knock up extended by how far you travel with the W) works that way because otherwise he would have too much CC point blank, but when he uses it to engage he ends the W the snowball distance away from the enemy and has to walk to them to use E and R. Same thing there, if it ended early, and he couldn't go after them he would have no engage and no ability to follow up. There are a lot more, but there's a couple of good ones.
> [{quoted}](name=Velasan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uBo2aeFE,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:38:06.427+0000) > > Well for one Cho'gath Q. If he is trying to catch someone for an engage and that is his main source of CC until he walks right on top of someone, and then the knock up only lasts like .2 sec, he becomes completely useless. > > Also, stops Yasuo from being able to use R because it doesn't activate until after the opponent is in the air. > > Swains passive pull would end early because it is considered a knock up. Nunu (which gets the knock up extended by how far you travel with the W) works that way because otherwise he would have too much CC point blank, but when he uses it to engage he ends the W the snowball distance away from the enemy and has to walk to them to use E and R. Same thing there, if it ended early, and he couldn't go after them he would have no engage and no ability to follow up. > > There are a lot more, but there's a couple of good ones. Sure, I agree with what you've said here. Sion is another good example. So I'm not sure weighted boots are an improvement over other options such as reducing cdr. Both options will require enormous effort from the balance team, but reducing cdr and implementing OP's idea are fundamentally different. Weighted boots are a new fix for an old problem. It will add new strategical options for counterplay. It will drive down the winrate of champions that rely on knock-ups, and raise the winrates of champions like Kat/Yi, who rely on not being CC'd. Balance will have to target these champions. Overall, I foresee a balance nightmare in exchange for extra options. Reducing CDR would be a little like reverting some items and runes to prior states. It will reduce just about everything in the game except for auto attack damage. AD champions will have to be rebalanced. Certain champions that rely on shortening cooldowns like Syndra/Lucian (less cdr means less damage on syndra ult, and less passive procs for lucian) will need adjustments to scale properly. Overall, I foresee a balance nightmare in exchange for reduced engage, disengage, damage, defense, and options. I think it's better to start peeling off bandages instead of adding another, and treating the issue by reducing the availability of CDR instead of adding an item like OP suggests. But then again, it's possible reducing options is bad for the game. Fuck it it's too complex for me... lmao I'm no balance designer
: This isn't a philosophical argument - Riot has rules. Follow the rules and have fun.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LZLbLEqt,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:34:23.503+0000) > > This isn't a philosophical argument - Riot has rules. Follow the rules and have fun. You said something philosophical as an absolute. I pointed out you're wrong about that. Then you said it's not a philosophical argument...? You're just flat out wrong when you say everyone should accept the consequences. Should everyone have accepted the consequences of Rosa Parks sitting in the front? Clearly no. So I pointed out there are exceptions. Even in the context of league there have been cases where people have protested consequences and RIOT removed those consequences. You're just flat out wrong about everyone accepting consequences. The fuck? Instead of thinking about what I said, you just doubled down on your wrong idea...
Kyaza (NA)
: whatever happened to that rule we learned in kindergarten "treat others how you want to be treated"?
> [{quoted}](name=Kyaza,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:23:22.724+0000) > > whatever happened to that rule we learned in kindergarten "treat others how you want to be treated"? I wouldn't want people to coddle my weakness. I would want them to say, "Stand up straight and deal with it, or get left behind." It's better for everyone that way. That's not to say I'd tolerate an asshole who actually tries to insult and offend, but I don't see any assholes in the OP. Just someone who wants everyone to coddle a minority's weakness. I say no, teach them to be strong instead so they can deal with assholes on their own.
: Because most people who come here to talk about their punishments fall into certain categories - - It Wasn't My Fault™ - I Was Just Defending Myself™ - The Inters and Trolls Never Get Punished™ - Why Isn't There a Way to Mute Yourself™ And on and on and on. A person like the OP, who **accepts responsibility for the punishment** is a goddamn unicorn.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LZLbLEqt,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:27:06.644+0000) > > Because most people who come here to talk about their punishments fall into certain categories - > > - It Wasn't My Fault™ > > - I Was Just Defending Myself™ > > - The Inters and Trolls Never Get Punished™ > > - Why Isn't There a Way to Mute Yourself™ > > And on and on and on. A person like the OP, who **accepts responsibility for the punishment** is a goddamn unicorn. I got no beef with op. I'm drawing attention to how people feel about these boards. You hit the nail on the head, the perception of player behavior sub-forum is terrible.
: You know you're replying to someone who **accepted the consequences of his actions** like everyone should, yeah? And then you're going to blame Riot because the rules exist. lol I don't expect he'll get punished again, he seems to be self-aware.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LZLbLEqt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-29T18:47:56.829+0000) > > You know you're replying to someone who **accepted the consequences of his actions** like everyone should, yeah? And then you're going to blame Riot because the rules exist. lol > > I don't expect he'll get punished again, he seems to be self-aware. Not everyone should accept the consequences of their actions. It's dangerous to believe all consequences are justified.
Medjuda (EUW)
: not here to say "i was wrongfully banned" or something.
Why do you feel like you need to put a disclaimer in your title?
Velasan (NA)
: Can't happen. They use knock ups and displacements in certain instances BECAUSE of the guaranteed CC duration. The time the enemy spends in the air is directly tied to things like how long that champion takes to close the gap, use their ultimate, or follow up on a combo. If you changed that it would screw up dozens of champion timings all across League.
> [{quoted}](name=Velasan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uBo2aeFE,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-04-29T19:05:24.042+0000) > > Can't happen. They use knock ups and displacements in certain instances BECAUSE of the guaranteed CC duration. The time the enemy spends in the air is directly tied to things like how long that champion takes to close the gap, use their ultimate, or follow up on a combo. > > If you changed that it would screw up dozens of champion timings all across League. Can you give some specific examples? I can't think of any, but your point makes sense and I think some specific examples would be good for the discussion.
: Hi,I am going to start logging every game where I have a troll or afk.
Can you keep track of how many games you play in total so we can see the percentage of games that you got trolled in?
: Uh, so this sona and taric duo in bot lane, what makes it so effective?
I think the strategy is going to need a nerf, but I'd like too see it remain viable.
: What I want to know as an aram main is who gets the CS?
> [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nLyONwdG,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-28T19:23:35.030+0000) > > What I want to know as an aram main is who gets the CS? Taric cs until sona upgrades her supp item then sona cs and taric procs relic shield
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=001000000000,timestamp=2019-04-29T01:33:38.795+0000) > > Think about it, isn't that what you're asking us to do? You felt offended because someone was mean, you were hurt by someone who in your mind was in a position to hurt you, the weak fell prey to the strong. And now you, the one showing weakness, wants everyone else to say that it's ok to show weakness and we'll make everyone else be nice all the time. > > I never said people on the spectrum were weak, though they are in some ways. I said you are showing weakness when you feel offended. > > Also seeing how stupid means lacking intelligence, and autistic people are socially inept - AKA they lack social intelligence - they are stupid. Literally. It's not up to me whether you're offended by this or not. > > The fact is everyone has weaknesses, it's up to you how you deal with yours. You can ask people to nurture yours like you are, or you can get stronger like you should be. You're stuck with autism, but you're not stuck with how you react to insults. I deal with it just fine. I mute them, just like you do and just like everyone here is saying to do? why do people keep saying this? The fact that I can mute people (and do) doesn't mean it's not a problem. It would be better if it wasn't necessary to do so.
> [{quoted}](name=Tahngarthor,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=0010000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-29T02:11:51.516+0000) > > I deal with it just fine. I mute them, just like you do and just like everyone here is saying to do? why do people keep saying this? The fact that I can mute people (and do) doesn't mean it's not a problem. It would be better if it wasn't necessary to do so. True it would be better if you laughed along
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-04-28T20:39:06.706+0000) > > I understand that some words may offend you. Out of respect for you, I'd restrict my language in casual conversation to avoid offending you. But when you try to put blanket restrictions over language, that's going too far. When people restrict they're language for you, they're nurturing your weakness. > > You can show weakness, it's your choice, but you can not say that all autistic people are as weak as you. Thus you can not say people should stop using it as an insult entirely. Nice backhanded comment there. Real classy. I'm not weak nor are other people on the spectrum. My opposition to people using disabiltiies as insults does not make me weak. And that nurturing weakness stuff is nonsense. They're supposed to be civil, it's in the rules. if they're not, then they will have to accept the consequences of their actions. I am not weak nor am I becoming weaker for preaching for a more civil game environment.
> [{quoted}](name=Tahngarthor,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-04-28T22:49:01.941+0000) > > Nice backhanded comment there. Real classy. I'm not weak nor are other people on the spectrum. My opposition to people using disabiltiies as insults does not make me weak. And that nurturing weakness stuff is nonsense. They're supposed to be civil, it's in the rules. if they're not, then they will have to accept the consequences of their actions. I am not weak nor am I becoming weaker for preaching for a more civil game environment. Besides, I just said I have some respect for you because you're doing what's right to you. I'm not trying to be backhanded, but I'd rather be offensive and honest than a liar.
: > [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-04-28T20:39:06.706+0000) > > I understand that some words may offend you. Out of respect for you, I'd restrict my language in casual conversation to avoid offending you. But when you try to put blanket restrictions over language, that's going too far. When people restrict they're language for you, they're nurturing your weakness. > > You can show weakness, it's your choice, but you can not say that all autistic people are as weak as you. Thus you can not say people should stop using it as an insult entirely. Nice backhanded comment there. Real classy. I'm not weak nor are other people on the spectrum. My opposition to people using disabiltiies as insults does not make me weak. And that nurturing weakness stuff is nonsense. They're supposed to be civil, it's in the rules. if they're not, then they will have to accept the consequences of their actions. I am not weak nor am I becoming weaker for preaching for a more civil game environment.
> [{quoted}](name=Tahngarthor,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-04-28T22:49:01.941+0000) > > Nice backhanded comment there. Real classy. I'm not weak nor are other people on the spectrum. My opposition to people using disabiltiies as insults does not make me weak. And that nurturing weakness stuff is nonsense. They're supposed to be civil, it's in the rules. if they're not, then they will have to accept the consequences of their actions. I am not weak nor am I becoming weaker for preaching for a more civil game environment. Think about it, isn't that what you're asking us to do? You felt offended because someone was mean, you were hurt by someone who in your mind was in a position to hurt you, the weak fell prey to the strong. And now you, the one showing weakness, wants everyone else to say that it's ok to show weakness and we'll make everyone else be nice all the time. I never said people on the spectrum were weak, though they are in some ways. I said you are showing weakness when you feel offended. Also seeing how stupid means lacking intelligence, and autistic people are socially inept - AKA they lack social intelligence - they are stupid. Literally. It's not up to me whether you're offended by this or not. The fact is everyone has weaknesses, it's up to you how you deal with yours. You can ask people to nurture yours like you are, or you can get stronger like you should be. You're stuck with autism, but you're not stuck with how you react to insults.
: Are you one of those people who sees racism and homophobia in everything? If someone uses the word "autism", but he doesn't hate people, how does it make it a hate speech? > It's still hate-speech regardless of its intention. Are you serious? Really? Regardless of the intention? Well, I guess I hate a lot of people then, including my friends. Hate-speech is a crime more or less. Do you think they should be prosecuted for this "crime'? For using the word "autism" in game. Here is an example of hate-speech for you: Kill all ____ (insert any word).
> [{quoted}](name=GoldsmithSmarty,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=000c00010000,timestamp=2019-04-28T23:21:37.806+0000) > > Are you one of those people who sees racism and homophobia in everything? If someone uses the word "autism", but he doesn't hate people, how does it make it a hate speech? > > Kill all ____ (insert any word). In other words incitement to violence, which is already against the law. That's part of why there's no need for hate speech laws in the US.
: Way too many of you are making light of disabilities to insult people who make errors.BLANKing STOP.
I understand that some words may offend you. Out of respect for you, I'd restrict my language in casual conversation to avoid offending you. But when you try to put blanket restrictions over language, that's going too far. When people restrict they're language for you, they're nurturing your weakness. You can show weakness, it's your choice, but you can not say that all autistic people are as weak as you. Thus you can not say people should stop using it as an insult entirely.
: Cyberbullying is an actual thing. Bullying is not just the physical realm. People get in league to get away from the real (or why the hell does anyone play games lol). We don't need that shit coming in here and ruining the fun for us. Yeah people can mute. But by the time they do mute it could be too late. Some people get hurt by one comment and it bothers them for hours. Yeah maybe they shouldn't take it so personally. But maybe other people should also be, ya know, decent? I'm against too much censorship. I enjoy my freedom to experience and enjoy life. But I am for censoring the abuse of things people cannot control. Making fun of someones skin color is wrong. Making fun of someone's gender is wrong. Making fun of someone's sexuality is wrong. But why is making fun of a disability so controversial? In all these cases the individuals are not able to control it. It is a permanent issue. Hell gender isnt even permanent and it's still wrong to make fun of someone for being a girl or a buy. But religion? Go for it. The person chooses to believe and if your argument is sound or persuasive they may even agree. Politics? Even easier. Wanna make fun of a play? Tell them how they fucked up. No need to use hate speech.
> [{quoted}](name=Around999People,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IP8bNlzN,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-04-27T21:51:54.021+0000) > > Cyberbullying is an actual thing. Bullying is not just the physical realm. People get in league to get away from the real (or why the hell does anyone play games lol). We don't need that shit coming in here and ruining the fun for us. Yeah people can mute. But by the time they do mute it could be too late. Some people get hurt by one comment and it bothers them for hours. Yeah maybe they shouldn't take it so personally. But maybe other people should also be, ya know, decent? > > I'm against too much censorship. I enjoy my freedom to experience and enjoy life. But I am for censoring the abuse of things people cannot control. Making fun of someones skin color is wrong. Making fun of someone's gender is wrong. Making fun of someone's sexuality is wrong. But why is making fun of a disability so controversial? In all these cases the individuals are not able to control it. It is a permanent issue. Hell gender isnt even permanent and it's still wrong to make fun of someone for being a girl or a buy. > > But religion? Go for it. The person chooses to believe and if your argument is sound or persuasive they may even agree. Politics? Even easier. Wanna make fun of a play? Tell them how they fucked up. No need to use hate speech. Making fun of anything, at anything's expense, for any reason is allowed. Acting on prejudice is not. There's a difference between a joke and racism.
: Hi,I am going to start logging every game where I have a troll or afk.
I appreciate that you want to do this. Please provide a clear definition of "troll" and of "afk." Remember that you will not be able to post your findings on the player behavior sub-forum due to its rules.
: "taken as bleed **INSTEAD**" Jesus, this is like Magic The Gathering over here. "technically..." xD really cool though, I had no idea. Not sure if it's intentional.
: So do you guys still think its healthy to blame and degrade degrade yourselves for losses in league?
First of all blaming yourself is different from taking responsibility. Don't blame yourself, take responsibility. If you need me to elaborate on this just ask. Depends on your goals. You wanna get out of silver or gold? Do whatever, blame teammates matchmaking whatever. You'll probably get there just by playing enough games. You wanna be great? You take responsibility for every loss. Noob teammate? I didn't help enough. Teammates not following instructions? I need to lead better. Teammate can't position? I need to peel and ping what to focus. Teammate got caught? I needed to forsee it and prevent it by pinging or warding. They ignored the pings because they're tilted? I need to adapt my leadership to help those kinds of people. Recognize that there was a way to win any game, and analyze the steps you could have taken to win. Then try them out the next time. Rinse repeat, until you're satisfied. Take notes on every game, and take time to study after every game. Review before every game. Like I said, depends on how good you want to be.
: Wow people are really struggling with the idea that "kys" isn't the right insult to use, if any.
> [{quoted}](name=Bah Biscuit,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YvgZXnVx,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-04-27T16:04:04.426+0000) > > Wow people are really struggling with the idea that "kys" isn't the right insult to use, if any. No we're just making fun of the idea that someone thought it was necessary to remind people death threats aren't cool.
: How is vlad balanced?
https://m.u.gg/lol/champions/vladimir/counters/ To me he looks balanced enough to leave alone for now. Use the counters I've linked above to beat him for now. You need to crush him early game. Let him push 1-3 and freeze, then use the longer lane at 3 to chase him down after his pool. Vlad at level 3 can't use his e that much to push the wave completely into your tower. His early waveclear is really expensive for him and has a long CD, abuse that. As akali you can do that for sure if you're careful about what you hit with your q. Vlad's strength is that after level 9 he can out-sustain mage mana pools. Use champions that can kill him in one all-in, or use manaless or energy champions to have a good chance of bullying him after level 9. I notice you're complaining because a vlad just carried his team against you. Look into that player, he's played 14 games of Vlad with a 50% winrate. I can't say that's op.
: The problem of Vlad is how he one shots the backline **while** untouchable for most of the time through W Zhonyas W And no, if you were wondering grievous wounds doesn't do shit because the problem it's not his heal but his dmg and invulnerability
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Whljqngu,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-04-24T22:40:54.919+0000) > > The problem of Vlad is how he one shots the backline **while** untouchable for most of the time through W Zhonyas W > > And no, if you were wondering grievous wounds doesn't do shit because the problem it's not his heal but his dmg and invulnerability I see thanks for laying it out. I still don't really have an opinion on it because I haven't seen it for myself, but it's so nice to see someone say something that makes sense.
: I'm just a cold hearted bitch, so I don't feel any regret in saying that, if you don't have enough of a backbone to put up with some stranger you'll never meet, and don't even see and have the option to mute, telling you to go kill yourself, just over text that you don't have to hear, then you should probably stay away from League, and the internet, in general. People are way to fucking sensitive nowadays, and if you're gonna be a snowflake like that, why even bother playing League. We're known as the most toxic, aggressive video game community on the internet, undefeated. Hell, I literally have 12 accounts permabanned due to toxicity, and just got this account banned for 2 weeks because I told a bunch to go kill themselves, and this account isn't even level 30, yet. Now please, I invite all you to be hypocrites by insulting me with your replies, because apparently insulting somebody for being toxic by saying "get help" or "you have poor mental" doesn't make you toxic either, and as long as you hate me as a group, you can't possibly be in the wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Freed By Frailty,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YvgZXnVx,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-27T02:28:43.727+0000) > > I'm just a cold hearted bitch, so I don't feel any regret in saying that, if you don't have enough of a backbone to put up with some stranger you'll never meet, and don't even see and have the option to mute, telling you to go kill yourself, just over text that you don't have to hear, then you should probably stay away from League, and the internet, in general. > > People are way to fucking sensitive nowadays, and if you're gonna be a snowflake like that, why even bother playing League. We're known as the most toxic, aggressive video game community on the internet, undefeated. Hell, I literally have 12 accounts permabanned due to toxicity, and just got this account banned for 2 weeks because I told a bunch to go kill themselves, and this account isn't even level 30, yet. > > Now please, I invite all you to be hypocrites by insulting me with your replies, because apparently insulting somebody for being toxic by saying "get help" or "you have poor mental" doesn't make you toxic either, and as long as you hate me as a group, you can't possibly be in the wrong. Well to be fair if someone's having a bad day, "kys" is the last thing that person wants to hear in any way. No shit people need to get over it, but you gotta follow the rules too.
Vegito101 (EUNE)
: hahaha.good one bro...hahahhaha
> [{quoted}](name=Vegito101,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YvgZXnVx,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-27T01:00:43.748+0000) > > hahaha.good one bro...hahahhaha Thx babe
Hotarµ (NA)
: The simple adage of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." applies really, _really_ well here. Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YvgZXnVx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-27T00:08:00.974+0000) > > The simple adage of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." applies really, _really_ well here. > > Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder. True maybe I shouldn't scream kys at all then... learning a lot today thanks!!
: A reminder to not use death threats
Thanks for the reminder. If not for this I'd have gone to the library to scream "kill yourselves" at the top of my lungs. Now that I know it's not cool, you may have saved dozens of people. Thank you. Really needed this reminder.
: winned, won leaved, left etc; both are valid there are others with alternative past tenses but I don't seem to recall them right now, glad i could be of some help random NA person :D
> [{quoted}](name=LetMeAfkPlss,realm=EUW,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=15zIAMMX,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T17:01:11.592+0000) > > winned, won > leaved, left > > etc; both are valid > > there are others with alternative past tenses but I don't seem to recall them right now, glad i could be of some help random NA person :D I don't believe you.
: Wait, are you seriously bringing up {{item:3140}} which has a 2 minute (or 1 min 30 sec, i dont remember) cooldown as a counter no nasus W which even with no cdr has a 20sec cooldown? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL that is some Olympic level mental gymnastics right there fella.
> [{quoted}](name=Tr4shB4NSYST3M,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7iu90wej,comment-id=00000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-04-26T18:51:48.127+0000) > > Wait, are you seriously bringing up {{item:3140}} which has a 2 minute (or 1 min 30 sec, i dont remember) cooldown as a counter no nasus W which even with no cdr has a 20sec cooldown? > > LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL that is some Olympic level mental gymnastics right there fella. Another person I get to ignore.
Show more

y0r1ck

Level 128 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion