: The other explanation would be that 90% of LoL players are addicted, masochist or stupid and irrational.
... I'd believe it
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Aametherar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qrE3N2ti,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2018-05-04T05:06:46.332+0000) > > TL;DR OP got masters and still no e-girlz. This is not what he was promised when he got there. Came for the egirls, stayed for the eboys.
: Defy the odds and perform the impossible
I think you mean Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible
Poske (EUNE)
: Faker likes playing Ahri with Lichbane but doesnt like Playing Le blanc with lichbane who can actually double the passive damage CAN WE NOT INLCUDE faker in disscussion. I just got extremly disgusted by him. Most overated player ever
We can, I just wanted a pro perspective Because I'm silver and Rubick seems like the type of person to be like "LoL Silver, git gud before you talk balance" If you want, we can talk Shiptur instead RIP TSM from like 2 years ago.
: this may sound rude but i needed to express myself i literally have no idea how could someone come up with changes like version 2 and be like "oh this will be great on ahri", how could someone take a burst mage, and transform it into a dps mage It's like legit taking brand and transforming him into ryze that also happens to be a carcinoma to play against because of 5 dashes
Ahri was a burst mage And then they made her not a burst mage. You're projecting your idea of what the champ should be. Which is fine, but not every sees the champ the same. Like me. I personally prefer version 2. Of course, I also prefer building {{item:3100}} on her, so more charges makes me have to play around that more. And speaking to my earlier statement, if I recall correctly, Faker builds the same and loves Ahri, so it stands to reason he would like option 2 more. Just to throw some professional perspective in there. Now, for the current state of the game, option 1 is better. Option 2 is more played out damage, which isn't particularly meta. Of course, numbers are also a factor. If option 2 is overtuned to match the current meta, then she will be OP as fuck because that's all that safety plus meta matching damage. If it's not, I find a valid design overall.
: Brace yourselves everyone ahri mains are crying for no reason
IDK man, last I checked, a majority of Ahri mains thought Q movespeed was stupid or needed to be conditional
: Re-purposing the old Spirit Stone Items (and Wriggle's Lantern?) to Modern League.
Bring back Wriggle's Lantern? Yes, so I can finally play the true dunk master {{champion:11}} {{item:3117}} {{item:3086}} {{item:3086}} {{item:3086}} {{item:3086}} +Wriggle's
: When the enemy Yasuo tries to knock up your Carry
Can Yasuo ult if a person i knocked up by an allied Trundle?
: Which champions do you hate playing against in lane or just in general ?
Top: IDK, I don't really play top that much to say JG: {{champion:104}} Mid: {{champion:157}} {{champion:238}} (Zed's cool outside of lane, fuck Yasuo) Bot: {{champion:67}} {{champion:81}} Support: {{champion:40}} {{champion:16}}
: Thoughts Regarding Ahri's Kit (since Riot might be reworking her in the near-ish future)
One, as far as I know, Ahri is way down on the list of potential reworks. Even then, I think she's more due for Xin Zhao and Shyv level mini-reworks, looking just at a few parts of her kit. W needs changes, though I think it should just be a complete change and not a let's lump this in with something else. For her passive, I personally like the healing; means I can be a bit cheekier in lane because I know I have a heal coming. As it were, making her passive something like the Pox Arcana from Black Market Brawlers (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Market_Brawlers) I think would be great. It could give back health or mana or both. Health is what the passive currently does. I suggest mana as well because as it stands, Ahri generally cannot spam her abilities as much as other mages and it's rather annoying. Personally, I would prefer mana nerfs to all the other mages, but since I doubt Rito's going to go for that, giving Ahri some mana help would be nice. Or you could throw this in with her new W as a passive (or active, since Pox Arcana passively built stacks but was manually activated) Q,E, and R are all pretty fine as it stands. Maybe some tweaks, especially dependent on any W changes, but overall pretty solid.
AimAssist (OCE)
: Show Keystone in Champ Select next to Rune page
>Not having a single rune page that you customize every game Though I would like to be able to see my allies' runes. Let's say I'm an AD. I may want to take Press the Attack (assuming were talking about a patch where everything isn't inherently better for ADCs) for that sweet sweet extra 12% damage. But if my bruiser top lane/jungle's going to take it, I can be a bit more selfish and take Lethal Tempo for that sweet sweet AS for myself.
: Considering summoners are no longer cannon, I assume Lee got a lore rework (But I'm not fucking with how I see Lee by checking to see if he has different lore)
But c'mon Not having lee go blind because he set himself on fire in protest or search of mastery would just be a writing mistake
Azadethe (NA)
: I'm advocating lowering the base revival timer, but increasing it based on the deaths per champ. In other words, when a team is aced, the ones who are not feeders would revive first, be able to protect faster, while the ones who feed would be penalized and kept out of the fights longer. If both teams were punished by such a mechanism, it'd create opportunities for the stronger players to finish faster, but also opportunities for partial team fight aggression/defense since the entire game wouldn't consist of full team pushes on either side. I think if you have a responsible team, finishing quicker should be an option. Likewise, if you have 2-3 responsible players, even if your team is losing, I think you should have an opportunity to kill the other team's bad players, keep them out of the fight longer, and focus on the micro 2-3 vs 2-3 of the two teams' good players instead of being forced to carry 2-3 vs 5. So, in some games yeah. It'd shorten the game. In clownfest games, it'd actually lengthen the game! (17 death games might very well have 70 second revivals on BOTH teams, which over the long course of time, would incentivise them never to get to those 17 death games in the future) Atm, the base revival time is 10 -52.5 seconds. Perhaps reduce the base revival time to 6.5-45 seconds, but add on 1.5 seconds per death. At 2 deaths, that'd be a max 48 second Revival; at 17 deaths it'd be 60.5 seconds. That means your good players would be up 12 seconds before your bad ones, and less than the max time that currently exists. That extra time could save a nexus or base turrets/inhibs. Bad players wouldn't be able to save those bases.
I like it. Definitely something to test if they ever decide to change up death timers. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Azadethe (NA)
: The problem with the current death timers is the opposite. They don't punish poor play. They actually reward it. A 0/10 Singed has more impact on a game than most carries because 1) He is not worth any further gold on death 2) Is a multi minute distraction per spawn 3) Has the same death timer as the team's 0/0/15 Support. The problem isn't that death timers are too long. The problem is they don't scale to responsible play. In fact, they encourage int feeding, encourage long multi death skirmishes, and detract from the incentive to farm and play defensively. You'd be better off if you had death timers penalize based on Death count in addition to levels, but reduced the base amount. That means..... a 0 death player who dies would be much better off helping their team than someone like {{champion:157}} or {{champion:27}} who just utterly never get punished for playing badly.
Well said I think some time scaling is still needed, just so that one guy who hasn't died can't come back to defend 60 minutes in. Or, especially with how popular spell book is, deterring a final push doesn't just result in 4 TPs for another push 10 seconds later. But it would push even more snowballing, as killing them grants more time cumulatively to kill more things (towers, neutral monsters, etc.) so that may be an issue. Unless you're advocating for more snowballing.
Rioter Comments
: Dear riot: please stop trying to make me play champs that take skill
Interestingly enough, you mention Irelia But one her most iconic/"unique"/balanced abilities and the only one guaranteed to be around after the rework Is not a skillshot
datfatguy (OCE)
: 25 things I HATE about League of Legends
>Fuck the new client. It looks awesome and all, but the old one seemed to make me want to play more of this game Agree. I liked the old-school brick and mortar, fantasy MMO style it evoked. >Riot do a better job at making cinematic trailers than actually balancing their game. Different departments. You're not wrong, but these are worked on by different teams
Danjeng (NA)
: Mostly built by a niche group of battlemages and short ranged mages. You won't be seeing it on Xerath. And my Zac jungle sure as hell won't be building it.
Maybe not your Zac jg, and I don't play Zac But I could see Zac getting it in the right circumstance (RIP mana though)
Mita3003 (EUNE)
: Why do people think that the boards are like 80% of the community beacuse its not, riot said it themself when they are balanceing the game they are not looking at what the people on the boards find unbalaced and work right on it. They have PBE they have live servers win rates what builds are the "op" champs useing.
No, but boards are a voice. This and redditt are really the only public spaces to discuss this stuff and have Riot see it. And these are the League forums; shouldn't they be getting feedback on their game from there own forums? And let's be honest, PBE at this point is glorified bug-testing.
: Suggestion for the direction of Urgot's next skin
Star Guardian Urgot No questions asked
: I could see a mode like this, but there'd have to be something that actually makes it fun. Maybe make it a mode where there are more objectives and kills are not as important. This way assassins can use their mobility and burst more to capture objectives and ADCs can use their damage to take down turrets instead of people. It would be more of an objective-based mode where kills are not worth as much and are generally not sought as much unless it is absolutely necessary to capture a major objective. I'd honestly be happy to see a mode like this, and we can test the damage reduction that way.
> [{quoted}](name=Melledoneus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ksmi3WtF,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-02-07T20:50:41.580+0000) > > I could see a mode like this, but there&#x27;d have to be something that actually makes it fun. > > Maybe make it a mode where there are more objectives and kills are not as important. This way assassins can use their mobility and burst more to capture objectives and ADCs can use their damage to take down turrets instead of people. It would be more of an objective-based mode where kills are not worth as much and are generally not sought as much unless it is absolutely necessary to capture a major objective. > > I&#x27;d honestly be happy to see a mode like this, and we can test the damage reduction that way. Not dying in <2 seconds sounds pretty fun to me
: Personally, I don't think it should lose it's CDR. It goes with the theme of the item which is "cast spells and autoattack". The mana lets you cast more spells, and the spellblade empowers the autoattack, so the cdr is there to cast spells more often
I'm not saying it should But if Triforce loses CDR, as suggested, sheen, being a component of TriForce, must inherently lose it as well.
spri01 (NA)
: Cool-down Reduction, Mobility, and Crowd Control -- The Trinity Force That Broke League
Feature-Creep The average new or reworked champion generally ends up with 150% of what would've previously been considered a complete champion ~~And then you have CertainlyT where it's 200%~~ ~~#Salt~~
: Tri force should lose the 10% cdr it got a while back, even if that means compensating it with something else. I'm hard pressed to think the same for black cleaver however, as many of its users tend to have only it and spirit visage as the only core items with CDR on them, and really DO have to go out of their way for the missing 10% if they aren't running transcendence (many of the cleaver juggernauts).
Sheen would lose it's 10% CDR And thus so would Lich Bane i'm not saying it's bad, just noting other changes that would happen for consistencies sake
: How do I play more aggressively?
>Low damage >{{champion:37}} You fuking wat m8 .-- .... .- - / - .... . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. / ... .- -.-- / .- -... --- ..- - / -- . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-.. .. - - .-.. . / - . . -. -.-- / -... --- .--. .--. . .-. ..--.. / .. .-.. .-.. / .... .- ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / .. / .--. .-.. .- -.-- / .- - / - .... . / - --- .--. / - .. . .-. ... / .. -. / ... --- .-.. --- / --.- ..- . ..- . --..-- / .- -. -.. / .. ...- . / -... . . -. / .. -. ...- --- .-.. ...- . -.. / .. -. / -. ..- -- . .-. --- ..- ... / ... --- .-.. -.. / --- ..- - / ... .... --- .-- ... / ..-. --- .-. / .--. . -. - .- -.- .. .-.. .-.. --..-- / .- -. -.. / .. / .... .- ...- . / --- ...- . .-. / ...-- ----- ----- / -.-. --- -. ..-. .. .-. -- . -.. / .- ... ... .. ... - ... .-.-.- / .. / .- -- / - .-. .- .. -. . -.. / .. -. / . - .-- .- .... .-.. / .-- .- .-. ..-. .- .-. . / .- -. -.. / .. -- / - .... . / - --- .--. / ... ..- .--. .--. --- .-. - / .. -. / - .... . / . -. - .. .-. . / .-.. . .- --. ..- . / --- ..-. / .-.. . --. . -. -.. ... .-.-.- / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / -. --- - .... .. -. --. / - --- / -- . / -... ..- - / .--- ..- ... - / .- -. --- - .... . .-. / .- ... ... .. ... - .-.-.-
Dr Dog (NA)
: has anyone felt a giant dip in fun overall?
This game is supposed to be fun?
: no team would have 4 AP damage threats.
A) that misses the point. Let's call it 2 or 3 and the point is still valid B) If no team would have that, then why not?
: Of course a lot of PvE games have aggro as a numerical statistic that increases a chance of being attacked by mobs by a factor of X%, but a lot of games also have active aggro abilities. Those are called "taunts", work against players and are present in League of Legends as well.
Yes, but taunts work well as a default option in PvE Making taunts the default CC in League, I think, dependent on how it's implemented, would reduce counterplay. Plus it makes each champion less unique if every tank has a taunt instead of a combination of varying CCs
: There's other MOBAs, however. HotS, for example, has Diablo, who has next to no damage outside his % hp damage on charge, but can flip people over him, then charge and shove them back. However, bodyblocking is intentionally easier in that game, letting the big red devil use his own hitbox as additional CC, plus he has a massive HP bar once he gets farmed up, kinda like Cho'gath. Athena (Smite) has a charged dash, a point-blank aoe damage ability (still doesn't deal that much, only really painful to assassins), a cone taunt, and a more explodey shen ult. In both cases, they aren't the focus targets--MOBA tanks never are--but they're instead very disruptive and can keep enemies off of their allies, as well as help set up kills. You never *want* to hit a tank, but sometimes they're the only target you *can* hit. In addition, Tanks ward off assassins by bodyguarding the backline and dunking on anything that gets too close. I'm not sure where riot got the idea to start upping their damage. We've got the whole mADC end of the class spectrum to do that--Rumble, Riven, Irelia, etc. Maybe it was that mobility has been creeped to the point where tanks an be easily avoided in the fight? It could also be damage creep in general.
All good But I prefer feature creep as opposed to damage, mobility, etc. creep. The number of things any individual champion, in any form, has in their kit has gone up
Barkley (NA)
: Tanks SHOULD be an ignorable source of damage. The threat from tanks doesn't come from their damage, it comes from their ability to run interference, soak damage, and crowd control the ever-loving shit out of your team. THATS why they're threatening. A well designed tank CAN'T be ignored, because he forces your team to focus him through various forms of crowd control, damage reduction, taunts, etc etc. You don't get a choice. You HAVE to focus him/her because you're FORCED to. That's what a tank is for!! Look at virtually any other game that has these sorts of character classes.
One issue of this is that a lot of those other games are PvE, where aggro is a thing. Aggro against human opponents is a much more interesting thing. Not saying your wrong, but it is worth noting
ampheon (NA)
: To be fair, the support would be the best to stop the rengar
Yeah, support {{champion:37}} {{item:3092}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3020}} {{summoner:14}}
: It CAN be. But Galio had nothing for a personality, which is WHY he was silent. And they gave him mobility because that's literally the one thing he needed. (it's also limited, so it's not as strong as other mobility options) I'm not saying Galio was balanced with his rework, but it was the BEST way they could have reworked him. Give him a personality to fit his lack of one, represent his old kit and play style, and add what he NEEDED to be a viable champion pick.
Agree to disagree on personality. They could've kept the "silent, watchful" feel and made it a deeper personality. And I know why they gave him mobility; I just don't like that we've hit a point in the game where giving a champion everything they need is the answer to balancing them and/or mobility is so strong it's needed in the first place.
: Real talk:
{{champion:37}}
: "silent, watchful" aka meaning he really didn't HAVE a personality. He's still a protector, and he still has the same sad backstory that's actually reflected ingame. His kit still has a lot of similar playstyle too it, and still bring a lot of what he had before. He still goes in to taunt people and harrasses from a distance. He gains bonuses from building MR, and he has a lingering wind effect (albeit a different point to it) The people that complain about Riot "deleting Galio" hardly have an argument in my opinion.
"Silent, watchful" can totally be a personality all it's own -Sincerely, a silent (relatively), watchful person And the kit update was in general good. I dislike that they gave the previously most immobile character a dash and full-map jump
Helmight (NA)
: Tinfoil hat theory time, but I'm pretty sure - knowing CertainlyT - that Zoe was designed to be a burst mage that bursts with one ability. She has a zero-damage ult, basically a zero-damage W, and her E is most notable for its damage amp. That's not a numbers thing, that's just a character who was flat-out designed to kill you with a single Q. It's completely terrible design, but that at least appears to be the intention. Spreading out damage to her passive and W 100% needs to happen.
Then the answer to my question is CT And he is a fucking dumbass for it
: I mean, people are going to be mad about this one. This is Sion levels of rework change here, not something like WW or Galio that hold the same spirit of the original. He's gone from a (poorly) portrayed tactician style commanding champion that was largely Raven and I guess lovecraftian inspired style to... eldritch battle mage? It just feels like they missed a lot of opportunity, and are removing a lot of what made swain what he was without really replacing or representing it well. If anything I'd say him looking a lot like Vlad in both style and color pallet just makes me more mad that they allowed that, but changed the blitz skins to having the waddle walk cycle because "visual clarity" lol.
Not that I played him, but I would argue Galio had the same problems Going from silent, watchful protector to a hulking mass of beat down for when something goes wrong
: https://i.imgur.com/mV14xnO.png
That name though
wildfox99 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SymbolicFear,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ejT2cBK3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-30T12:49:41.358+0000) > > She doesn&#x27;t need nerfs, she needs a rework. She was just simply poorly designed, impossible to properly balance, either she&#x27;d always be stupid strong or she&#x27;d just be worthless. Bad design at its finest. swap some of her Q damage in her W passive (the three things that seems an ahri's W),her damage output is still good but she wont OS from 800+range
Or into her passive Or both Just spread it out IDK who looked at that basic kit and thought tuning the numbers to be a burst mage was a good idea
: "Not Meta? *RAAAAAAGE!*"
Just remember Timelord Genja
: Dunk Master Vi
Not until we get the original Dunk Master Dunk Master Yi
: Can we get some Sona buffs?
Personal opinion and it may just be my ELO But I've been able to poke through double targon/Fleet Footwork lanes as Sona, forcing them out or killing In fact, the fact that everyone is being so passive in lane makes Sona's job even easier because there is usually little to no retaliation Again, maybe it's just my ELO (Silver II after placements) As an aside, Sona just needs an actual rework from someone who cares about her as a champ But that's not the main point here
: How to describe that feeling....
I am a simple man I see Haikyuu, I upvote
: That's not how I interpreted the statement on resolve. I think what they're saying is that they've seen a trend in the player-base that people like to play high damage, flashy champions like Yasuo and Riven. What they were saying was that they still care about tank players, even though they are a minority of players. They're going to do what they can to make the runes more interesting for those players even though they think that's unlikely to make people want to be tank mains. If I'm interpreting your comments and their comments correctly, these changes are aimed at pleasing people like you. They want to help you by making those runes better.
Two points I am will make my claim right now that whatever changes they make/add to resolve will ultimately be more offensive than defensive. Riot likes things to be active. That's fine, but they have yet to generate more than a handful of half decent ideas that are defensive in nature while still being active. Second, I would question whether that is the naturally occurring nominal opinion or if preference for damage is merely an offshoot of offensive being more prevalent for the last several seasons.
: wanna know a secret: it's not better botlane wins, it's better support wins.
I find it's less one or the other, but how they work together. If the ADC wants to farm and you go ham, both parties are at fault. If the ADC wants to go ham and you would rather just sit back and not die, both parties are at fault. It's a give and take and one of the hardest skills a support can learn is how to recognize what their ADC wants to do.
: "being able to build a teamcomp without marksmen is one of our goal"
My only issue is talking about the resolve tree and how they think people will be inherently less interested in it. I've had suspicions for a while that Riot is inherently focused on damage and offense; this confirms it. Now, is that a bad thing? Not entirely, but I would like a little more recognition for people who could care less about doing damage. I like tanking. If I play a tank and can win by keeping everyone else alive, I really don't care if I do damage. ~~Also, Yasuo came out in 2013? Still feels like he's a relatively new champ.~~
: Eh no. The % dmg tanks now have ensures that tanks are NOT 1v1 killing the adc throughout the game because they are 2 level up as a solo laner and their flat base dmg is just so high. Leona botlane anyone? A toplane nautilus would just do that throughout the game. Bruiser with 3k health and high resists wouldnt give a fuck about malph Q 300 base dmg or maokai Q. Then riot made bruisers not have any resistance and only high health VS % health dmg tacked onto everything and boom suddenly you melt like nothing. It ensures that tanks are always relevant against each other, bruisers throughout the game without permakilling squishies.
Which is what I said But making tanks relevant against each other tends to skew the rest of the matchups (tanks v. everything else) in a way that is unhealthy
: Which leads to conclusion that tank changes broken everything and created a demand for damage creep.
: You've forced me out of my role, Riot
On a completely unrelated note, if Irelia is your standard for THICC You don't really know THICC
: Pretty much sums up the state of top lane and the frustration top laners face
Two things I would like to add 1.Part of the problem with "not adding a melee keystone" is that tried to shove all the tank masteries into one tree. This includes runes for tank supports, full tanks, and tankier melees (i.e. bruisers focusing on the defensive route). Damage dealers got one for AP, AD, and Assasins. That's is complete an utter bollocks. 2.And not directly related to the video. Part of the problem with all of this, that I find, boils down to a fairly simple thing Riot wants tank v. tank to have a winner So tanks get %health damage But now they kill squishies faster So now squishies have to deal even more damage to match the increased pace But that leaves squishy v. squishy to be a 1-2 second fest of mashing all the buttons and getting CC'ed once is basically death.
Show more

zero356

Level 66 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion