: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wboZtdfZ,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-25T03:03:38.564+0000) > > Have you tried contacting your ISP about this? > > If the ping increase is not affecting everyone (I haven't noticed anything on a different server, so it's likely not due to something coding related), then it could be a routing issue. > > It could also be a faulty server on their part, but it's worth at least looking into the ISP side of the situation. Riot Support got back to me and informed me that alot of people all over NA are also reporting this problem, and they are gathering that its mostly people with mobile ISP providers like Verizon and AT&T. He said that it's something wrong with there servers interacting with these ISP's.
: The same thing happened to me and others in FL. Just yesterday it was 44 ping constant and today it changed to 81 ping constant. No spikes or anything else, just the ping. ~~Maybe its an issue with our ISP or something.~~ edit: Seems like people in other parts of the country are having similar issues. I'd bet its just clash fucking up the servers again lol
It could still be an ISP issue, even if people on opposite ends of the country are having the issue. It's a possibility that should be eliminated by someone contacting their ISP and then posting that here.
: Riot is going as far as to ignoring players asking about this and even saying things like "we see no widespread ping issues" <--- (from their support twitter) which is blatantly a lie as so many people are suffering from this, they just cant implement clash properly for some reason and wont even give us players a heads up. Yes a lot of people are experiencing high ping increases, mostly in the 50+ range personally I had a 55 increase which is sad as it has -quite literally- affected my games.
Have you tried contacting your ISP about this? If the ping increase is not affecting everyone (I haven't noticed anything on a different server, so it's likely not due to something coding related), then it could be a routing issue. It could also be a faulty server on their part, but it's worth at least looking into the ISP side of the situation.
: If you think I play this game and I'm not already insane, you ate mistaken.
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gdxOo3t4,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T10:04:32.774+0000) > > She's had a 14% or higher pickrate in Plat+ since 9.12...maybe even before that, as u.gg doesn't let me check earlier. I think 14% pickrate is decent for adc special if they having around 53% winrate
My initial comment was a joke, but yes. 12.5% would be the ideal number, in a perfectly balanced world. However, the point I was making is that it's not like she went from Kog'Maw's 1.1% to 20% out of nowhere. People have been playing her for months.
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gdxOo3t4,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-08-24T09:09:31.535+0000) > > Just saying....if her pickrate is high, then it's not really "hidden" OP, is it? She had a low pickrate back then with high winrate, that why people said she was hidden op but now look at her
She's had a 14% or higher pickrate in Plat+ since 9.12...maybe even before that, as u.gg doesn't let me check earlier.
: I just notice jinx pick rate and winrate numbers, where is her nerf for real ?
Just saying....if her pickrate is high, then it's not really "hidden" OP, is it?
wolvius (EUW)
: Honestly both view types should be available in GD, personally I prefer chronological view on anything around 3,4 pages and switch to discussion only when a thread is longer. _And then procede to abandon the thread altogether since upvoted comments with little or no replies always end up on top and how skewed the layout is to faavoyr the voting dystem. _
> [{quoted}](name=wolvius,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-23T15:10:44.259+0000) > > Honestly both view types should be available in GD, personally I prefer chronological view on anything around 3,4 pages and switch to discussion only when a thread is longer. > _And then procede to abandon the thread altogether since upvoted comments with little or no replies always end up on top and how skewed the layout is to faavoyr the voting dystem. _ I'm starting to feel like a broken record here. There are ways to deal with this.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-23T15:00:52.347+0000) > > Hard disagree. I much prefer the nested structure. Well your opinion is wrong!
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T15:10:26.201+0000) > > Well your opinion is wrong! How dare you!
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Discussion view is garbage stop using it
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-23T14:59:56.042+0000) > > Discussion view is garbage stop using it Hard disagree. I much prefer the nested structure.
: Because we're old ***forum*** users. Forums do not have reddit circlejerk comment structures. It's objectively better this way
> [{quoted}](name=ShyImagoghnar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-23T14:45:51.844+0000) > > Because we're old ***forum*** users. Forums do not have reddit circlejerk comment structures. It's objectively better this way "Objectively" how?
: > [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-23T13:21:41.243+0000) > > Because some people don't like that only high upvote posts get viewed in DW as If somebody actually bothered to go to page 3+ in ChW. > > ChW requires you to only be early for high-place post. DW requires you to both be early and say popular opinion (generally). Some people have issues with the latter creating echo chamber and so they prefer totally badly designed and broken view instead. GD has been shrine for it for long time so it's mainly tradition. Mods have repeatedly tried to create ChW dominion (unsuccessfully because the view sucks) so I presume they are afraid allowing people to choose everywhere would cause ChW to evetually go extinct while some of them think of it as more unbiased system and try to keep it alive by all means necesary. Basically this. The amount of times I post something in discussion view and the amount of times I get 0 responses and the amount of times i post in chronological view and the amount of times j ger a response have a correlation. Discussion view is better if you dont plan on participating but cheonological view is better if you are, imo. I detest how discussion view automatically sorts by upvotes.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-08-23T14:11:39.131+0000) > > Basically this. The amount of times I post something in discussion view and the amount of times I get 0 responses and the amount of times i post in chronological view and the amount of times j ger a response have a correlation. Discussion view is better if you dont plan on participating but cheonological view is better if you are, imo. I detest how discussion view automatically sorts by upvotes. Again, there are ways around that supposed flaw. Allow for sorting by new threads, rather than new posts. Or, collapse posts. Or, better yet, allow both. Clearly the functionality already exists because that's how it works in Gameplay...so why not allow people to use whichever they prefer? Even default it to Chronologically, if that's what the intent is.
: Because some people don't like that only high upvote posts get viewed in DW as If somebody actually bothered to go to page 3+ in ChW. ChW requires you to only be early for high-place post. DW requires you to both be early and say popular opinion (generally). Some people have issues with the latter creating echo chamber and so they prefer totally badly designed and broken view instead. GD has been shrine for it for long time so it's mainly tradition. Mods have repeatedly tried to create ChW dominion (unsuccessfully because the view sucks) so I presume they are afraid allowing people to choose everywhere would cause ChW to evetually go extinct while some of them think of it as more unbiased system and try to keep it alive by all means necesary.
> [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-23T13:21:41.243+0000) > > Because some people don't like that only high upvote posts get viewed in DW as If somebody actually bothered to go to page 3+ in ChW. > > ChW requires you to only be early for high-place post. DW requires you to both be early and say popular opinion (generally). Some people have issues with the latter creating echo chamber and so they prefer totally badly designed and broken view instead. GD has been shrine for it for long time so it's mainly tradition. Mods have repeatedly tried to create ChW dominion (unsuccessfully because the view sucks) so I presume they are afraid allowing people to choose everywhere would cause ChW to evetually go extinct while some of them think of it as more unbiased system and try to keep it alive by all means necesary. Not sure I agree with the former. You can view both new (and yes, I know this applies to new comments on frequented discussion threads too) and best comments in Gameplay's discussion view. You can also collapse entire threads, if you don't want to only read the best ones. Seems like a rather large stretch to call that a drawback, TBH.
: Something something "how it's always been done" and something something "Discussion view is for reddit shills". I hate it, personally. Chronological view makes it annoying as fuck to actually follow a thread. And I have to refresh after every comment I make, because for some reason chronological view means I stop seeing *anything* after I post a comment until I reload the page. Discussion view is always the superior format, because you can actually follow a fucking train of thought without having to press "SEE PARENT COMMENT" 80 times. Or allow both. That way people who want to wear their rose glasses can *somehow* enjoy chronological, and people who want to actually read the damn thread can use discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlRGiKmu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T13:05:47.206+0000) > Chronological view makes it annoying as fuck to actually follow a thread. > > Discussion view is always the superior format, because you can actually follow a fucking train of thought without having to press "SEE PARENT COMMENT" 80 times. This is exactly my problem with it. Following a conversation is a monumentally easier task in discussion view. > Or allow both. That way people who want to wear their rose glasses can *somehow* enjoy chronological, and people who want to actually read the damn thread can use discussion. Not sure the hostility is warranted, but I agree with the sentiment. Allow both. It's done in Gameplay, why not GD? That way, both crowds can be happy.
Rioter Comments
Lapis (OCE)
: What's so different between how pro players play, and how challenger players play in soloQ?
It goes beyond coordination and communication, as a lot of people will suggest. These are important though, it's not like if you throw 5 dudes who know each other into a call they'll be able to perform at the level of pros in these aspects. I'm going to touch on two different things here. FIrstly, they [have analysts] do research to plan around minute details of player behavior. Like, "Oh, top lane player X goes down to ward the pixel bush at 6 minutes every game. We should be there to trap him." or "In ABC matchup, mid player Y tends to hover to the left side of mid lane. How can we take advantage of that?" Another thing is creating gameplans. In solo queue each individual challenger player should have a good idea about power spikes, win conditions, etc. I'm talking smaller things. Like "When Baron gets to 2k HP we're going to burst and smite." or "When Baron gets to 2k HP we're going to turn and engage on X player/closest player." Things like that. The overarching details, like communication and coordination are certainly important. You will see teams without these things *cough Echo Fox's first week with Mike Yeung cough* and they tend to get absolutely pummeled, but you could throw a group of high level challenger players together and they will perform these tasks at a reasonable level together in solo queue. What really sets pro matches apart from solo queue is the tiny, intricate details they use to try and get an edge. A great [mis]quote I (kind of) remember from Day9...and bear with me, it's been like 10 years since I heard this....when regarding SC2. "[Click and drag] boxing units from top left to bottom right or from bottom left to top right might increase you from the 2nd best player in the world to the 1st....but it's not going to do anything for 99.9% of players."
Slythion (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f9YHO2Ey,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T05:13:01.515+0000) > > Ah, so it does. Can you tell I don't jungle? xD > > What would be a reasonable count, then? If each camp, including single monster camps, count as 4cs...would that be a good metric by which to increment Overgrowth? And, would that be abusable? actually, funny enough, jungle camps already *do* count for more than 1 minion. Now I don't know the exact metrics, but if you clear blue buff your cs count will already be more than 1. The problem is, it doesn't not translate correctly for overgrowth, because blue buff counts as 1 unit before it counts as X cs so you only get 1 stack of overgrowth, nonequivalent to the actual worth of the buff in terms of CS. A lot of the strong tanks like Rammus, Nunu, and Sej would probably need their hp growth stat nerfed slightly to compensate but I doubt it would break the game.
4 is the actual metric. Blue buff, scuttle crab, raptors, etc. each count as 4cs. My questions are (were), would it be abusable if they scaled Overgrowth to match this, and would it be a sufficient increment.
Kazekiba (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xyenN0lR,comment-id=00240000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T10:50:52.131+0000) > > Since when is Illaoi designed to kill tanks? > > Perhaps I misrepresented my stance. The current state of the game, and the damage therein, is what is disgusting. A full tank dying in 5.5s to anyone is just miserable. Juggernauts are designed to go against tanks. They have the durability to survive the duration of a tank's CC, and the damage, with low mana costs or no resources, to deal consistent damage over a period of time. Thats' why theyre top laners. Two physical damage dealers focusing a tank, one of which has a Black Cleaver, is going to pop you regardless. That's not a "state of the game" issue, that's a macro issue and a misplay. A "full tank" didn't die to anyone; He died to TWO CARRIES AND THE MINION WAVE hitting him.
Kazekiba (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xyenN0lR,comment-id=002400000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T08:33:04.461+0000) > > The fact that you think a full tank living for 5.5s vs 2 people is impressive disgusts me. Two people specifically designed to kill tanks* when said tank is also disgustingly good at killing squishies. in a 1v1 scenario, if Kaisa cant kill you in 5s or so, she should be dead. And properly played, she wont be able to kill you in 5 seconds because she a) doesn't have anyone helping her, b) you'd have her CC locked for the entire time because thats what tanks are for and the reason why you cant leave them alive.
Since when is Illaoi designed to kill tanks? Perhaps I misrepresented my stance. The current state of the game, and the damage therein, is what is disgusting. A full tank dying in 5.5s to anyone is just miserable.
Kazekiba (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xyenN0lR,comment-id=0024,timestamp=2019-08-21T02:57:53.117+0000) > > Then there is me... Full tank, yea ok 5s is cool. > > https://i.imgur.com/l3sh3PF.jpg 5 seconds against a Juggernaut (who's designed to fight tanks via insane scaling and building a Cleaver) and an ADC, the class typically designed to take out large HP pools by continuously hitting them... and Kai'sa, the one designed specifically for blowing up tanky targets extra hard at that. Thats actually quite impressive and also you were probably by yourself. If you had a pocket Soraka or favorable minion wave/tower behind you, you would've killed them pretty easily or forced them to back off at least.
The fact that you think a full tank living for 5.5s vs 2 people is impressive disgusts me.
Slythion (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f9YHO2Ey,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T03:26:38.491+0000) > > Jungle camps are monsters, not minions. It is a distinct difference. > > Whether Overgrowth should count monsters as well, IDK. It could promote passive, power farming junglers...which is not something I am against. I'm just saying it's something to think about. Overgrowth already counts for monsters...it just unfairly counts 1 monster as 1 minion which is not accurate or consistent considering how 1 monster does not != 1 cs score
Ah, so it does. Can you tell I don't jungle? xD What would be a reasonable count, then? If each camp, including single monster camps, count as 4cs...would that be a good metric by which to increment Overgrowth? And, would that be abusable?
: They’re taking 10% of Aatrox’s base HP away? That’s a huge nerf. What the fuck Riot. Who gives a single fuck about pro play. If Aatrox is THAT much of an issue just balance the game differently. How many times are you going to nerf him?
I'm convinced the balance team has no idea what they're doing any more....or just don't give the changes they decide on any REAL thought. They nerf Irealia by 5ms, nerf Jayce by 4 AD and increase his scaling.....but then they take a shovel to Aatrox's head and remove SIXTY HP at level 1? What the actual fuck?
94372148 (NA)
: The "minions absorbed" count for overgrowth rune should = "minions" count for junglers
Jungle camps are monsters, not minions. It is a distinct difference. Whether Overgrowth should count monsters as well, IDK. It could promote passive, power farming junglers...which is not something I am against. I'm just saying it's something to think about.
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8Anyo39z,comment-id=000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T13:23:51.037+0000) > > I don't see your point. They stole the idea of paid achievements from DotA (except in DotA you pay a sub and get all of them.) I would rather they steal an idea that supports the community and promotes growth of the game, rather than a cash grab. its a gaming company they are going to try to take every penny they can from you
I'm sorry...are you defending cash grabs?
T2K Baka (NA)
: i mean it had a decent amount of hp and mr so it wasn't a waste, especially on tank supports like leona, letting her use her abilities as she engages. I'm just saying revert it to the previous one. Mages have enough items, they took my luden's kat away from meeeeeee.
Ahhhh. You're talking about season 4/5 Banshee's. My bad. I was thinking when it had mana and less MR. I had actually forgotten that item got up to 70MR at one point. To be completely honest though, reverting it would be pointless. CDR is so low, and there are so many random ass things that proc it (comet, Luden's, etc) that it wouldn't even matter without having absurd stats.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xyenN0lR,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-08-20T06:42:25.593+0000) > > Generally speaking, people will take the path of least resistance. That is to say, the easiest road to victory. If tank items were significantly stronger than damage items, and made you unkillable, then people would buy defensive items instead of damage items. > > In fact, I would go so far as to say the situation is completely the reverse to what you're saying. > > It is not "people don't build tank items so they aren't tanky" and is, in actuality, "tank items are terrible so people don't build them." > > Tanks should not die in 4s, even when focus fired by the entire enemy team. I don't think they should be completely immortal either...but the current TTK even on tanks is absurd. And, for the record...because this will inevitably come up...I do not want tanks to be invincible killing machines. In my ideal world their base damages are lowered, their ability to tank increases drastically, and they are the initiators/damage soaks for their team. Never once in my post did i mention tanks i believe. I'm not talking about full tank builds and how effective they are when being focused by 5 people. I'm talking about mages/assassins/adcs that complain about getting deleted but fail to build any defensive items. And of course im not talking about them tanking 5 people either, im just talking about standard scenarios where you get dived on in a team fight or find yourself in a 1v1, 2v2 etc.
You missed my point entirely. I'm saying that people don't build defensive items because they are useless. People get so heavily overkilled that a single defensive, that is not named GA, Zhonya's, rarely Banshee's, item on carries does nothing other than lowering their ability to kill the other person first. The tidbit about tanks was to tackle that reply (because it's usually the reply I get) before it happened. Also, random sidenote...but I haven't seen an ADC build a LW item in ages.
T2K Baka (NA)
: i mean it had no ap so mages would've lost damage. It was meant for tanks and honestly reverting it might help tanks do their job better.
It was mostly built by ADCs before it had damage stats added to it. At that point in time, tanks were essentially initiators, damage soaks, and CC providers. By "damage soaks" I mean that they would block skill shots so their team wouldn't eat them. With the large number of abilities they were purposefully trying to block, Banshee's was a wasted item on them.
Galiö (NA)
: You also forgot twin shadows for glacial users (which is still meta) All good at much better starter items if we are gunna hard focus the spirit visage. Only champions I think can pull of spirit visage well are like... Mundo, Aatrox, illaoi?... maybe Darius and uh...Cho'gath. And cutting that MR is super easy between Void or maybe Morello (which isnt a great item atm but if you are against people who actually build SV sure). Spirit visage, other than some support items, are some of the only cheap defensive items and they dont really help your champions accomplish much and you'll still get blown up by most Meta champs. (Which is typically why the token tank on a team is a support or maybe Sejuani or something)
I did not forget Twin Shadows. It has its uses, but is not a frequently built item on non-supports. As I said, I agree that defensive items are weak, which is why only a small portion of the roster can use these items. You forgot quite a lot who can use Spirit Visage very well, but it's irrelevant. All I'm saying is that tank items are cheaper than damage items. They are still far worse because the raw stats they give are not worth their cost regardless of the lower price....which, in fact, makes them even worse.
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8Anyo39z,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2019-08-20T12:34:46.940+0000) > > Instead of stealing eternals from DotA 2, maybe steal the idea of a workshop tool? It might breathe a bit of life back into this game. eternals were created by comics in 1976, its america no one has a original idea
I don't see your point. They stole the idea of paid achievements from DotA (except in DotA you pay a sub and get all of them.) I would rather they steal an idea that supports the community and promotes growth of the game, rather than a cash grab.
Galiö (NA)
: Spirit visage is more expensive than most good starter AP items and needs more synergy with champions that have heal. Abyssal Mask is way too expensive compared to anything Thornmail is slightly expensive but needs another armor item to be useful Sunfire is ok, but not very useful Frozen heart is kinda good but expensive ... The only super expensive or more gated offensive items are like.... shojin and trinity force. The only affordable defensive items are Tabis and a couple support items Mercs is 'ok'
Spirit Visage is 2800g. 2900g - Zhonya's 3000g - Banshee's, Morello 3100g - Liandry's 3200g - Seraph's, Lichbane, Luden's 3400g - Gunblade 3600g - Deathcap Excluding support items, the ONLY completed AP items with a lower cost than Spirit Visage are Protobelt, RoA, Rylai's, and Void Staff. The same thing occurs when we look at armor items as well. "The only super expensive offensive items are" Let's look at 3200+ Seraph's, Lichbane, Luden's, Gunblade, Deathcap BT, BorK, ER, IE, both Hydras, Death's Dance, Triforce Now for the defensive items: Maw, Sterak's, Mercurial...all of which also give damage. I wouldn't even count Maw or Mercurial, personally...but they have resists, so why not.
: As a Juggernaut player, it feels awful to build Spirit Visage and still have a non-fed LB 100-0 you, or build Ninja Tabi and Steraks and still get 100-0’d by non-fed Zed ult or die in 2s to a midgame ADC. So i can only imagine how much worse it is as a squishier champ like an ADC. Thus I can see why they opt to not build defensive items cuz they won’t make a difference. Stopwatch, Zhonya and GA are the only exceptions cuz they deny all damage or revive after being oneshot. People don’t build offense over defense cuz they’re 2IQ, they build it cuz the only way to fight the damage meta is to burst down the enemies first.
> [{quoted}](name=Dotty LB,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xyenN0lR,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-08-20T11:04:17.215+0000) > > Back in old seasons defensive items did tend to outscale offensive items till someone could get a heavy pen item(like vod staff for example) And, even then, it required a sustained damage champion (ADCs or Cass/Ryze/etc) to be able to take down the defensively itemized tank. > if you ever get behind, defensive items feel like even more of a joke. Which is ridiculous, considering how it used to literally be the opposite. If you were behind, you wanted to build defenses to survive. Now if you're behind, you need to build damage on most champions and attempt to one shot the enemy before they one shot you.
Galiö (NA)
: Defense items are more expensive and dont synergize with kits. Average game ends around level 14 and 3 items. If you build 2 defensive items you dint offer your team anything and will still likely get blown up. Defensive itemization is awful right now, which is part of the high damage issue. I dont complain that damage is outrageous, because that's the direction the game has been going for 2.5 years. For the people that do have an issue with it, they have a point, there isnt much to be done against high damage other than hit first/outburst.
I agree with most of what you're saying here. Damage is too good, and plentiful...but that being said, you are wrong about defensive items being more expensive. They are cheaper, but less gold efficient.
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8Anyo39z,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T20:18:04.807+0000) > > Hey Bazerka. You guys ever internally think about utilizing custom games more? Plenty of folks would be very happy even if map types are optional Downloads. I know a lot of folks will want TT and Dominion back and this might be a good option. Has Riot ever thought about it? I can pretty much guarantee that we have. Do I know the reasons for why we haven't so far? I don't unfortunately :X. Riot is a big place, and not everyone knows everything about everything sadly. However, if I were to guess (and I cannot emphasize that I'm guessing here enough), I'd say that it gets tricky about releasing custom maps and modes as well as how far we can support them since those features are heavily resource intensive, and unlike other games with those features, our feature set constantly needs updating and balancing which exponentially increases upkeep cost. Theres also the added concern around what the tech can allow. Thats a whole black box I'm unfamiliar with (but I'm learning! :D)
Instead of stealing eternals from DotA 2, maybe steal the idea of a workshop tool? It might breathe a bit of life back into this game.
Dynikus (NA)
: >damage is too high! >tanks are useless!!!! Meanwhile I'm sitting at about a 90% winrate with ornn and braum support over close to 20 games, and champs like sejuani and tahm are major power picks in pro play
The fact that there are 4 or 5 champions who are tanks (champions who build tank, not RIOT's definition of the class) in the top 50 does not mean tanks are in a good spot. There are statistical outliers, like Sejuani because of her passive, Braum because of his shield, and both because of their CC. It is not due to tank items or general tankyness that these champions succeed. It is their kits, and how they interact with the meta. Braum, for example, can block a ton of explosive damage for his team. That is a big deal.
: > [{quoted}](name=HàrrowR,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xyenN0lR,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-20T03:33:58.050+0000) > > People complain about damage but rarely build more than one or two defensive items You have the cause and effect reversed.
: I've been tinkering with the idea of making champions in ARAM receive a cost increase for casting the same spell multiple times in a row. While this doesn't effect those that cycle spells({{champion:13}} and such, who goes oom anyways), it would effect the spam pokers quite a bit..... {{champion:101}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:99}} are notorious for holding back most of thier kit and spamming a single long range aoe poke skill. Make them use thier other skills or the mana cost on that one goes up by 10-20% each time. While cc (particularly aoe cc) is what wins ARAM, spam poke is what is the least fun to play into. Even with the damage nerfs, the spam poke will clear waves and shove an opposing team under thier turret for ages.
This is an interesting idea, but how would you implement this without completely gutting champions like Cass and Corki?
: Not an AP version, an MR version. Think Zhonya but MR instead of Armor, that's what they're talking about.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: People complain about damage but rarely build more than one or two defensive items.
Generally speaking, people will take the path of least resistance. That is to say, the easiest road to victory. If tank items were significantly stronger than damage items, and made you unkillable, then people would buy defensive items instead of damage items. In fact, I would go so far as to say the situation is completely the reverse to what you're saying. It is not "people don't build tank items so they aren't tanky" and is, in actuality, "tank items are terrible so people don't build them." Tanks should not die in 4s, even when focus fired by the entire enemy team. I don't think they should be completely immortal either...but the current TTK even on tanks is absurd. And, for the record...because this will inevitably come up...I do not want tanks to be invincible killing machines. In my ideal world their base damages are lowered, their ability to tank increases drastically, and they are the initiators/damage soaks for their team.
: give {{item:3140}} an ap version, maybe with the same active as zhonya's idk, and give it and {{item:3139}} a lot more things it used to cleanse ( {{champion:238}} and {{champion:105}} ults for example) and much new things If riot is adamant on not removing a BUNCH of things, which would be healthier for the game, they should instead add more stuff to give people options
An AP version of a hybrid defensive item with Zhonya's active is Zhonya's.....
Terchio (NA)
: Not that the actual value is fair, but... 850 RP x 145 Champions / 3 Eternals per pack = 850 x 145 / 3 = 41,650 RP, not 246,000. 41,083 RP x $100 / 15,000 RP is $300 with 3,350 RP to spare, not $16,000. I feel like he conveniently left out the 3 per pack, then doubled the value needed for good measure. Unless they retracted the 3-pack? It's BS either way, but if you're going to use figures, use the right ones.
> [{quoted}](name=Terchio,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uOUchTr1,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-18T02:19:30.452+0000) > > Not that the actual value is fair, but... > > 850 RP x 145 Champions / 3 Eternals per pack = 850 x 145 / 3 = 41,650 RP, not 246,000. > > 41,083 RP x $100 / 15,000 RP is $300 with 3,350 RP to spare, not $16,000. > > I feel like he conveniently left out the 3 per pack, then doubled the value needed for good measure. > > Unless they retracted the 3-pack? > > It's BS either way, but if you're going to use figures, use the right ones. IDK for sure. Haven't looked into it because IDC, but from what I've heard it's 3 achievements per pack, not 3 champions.
: Riot is ruining League of Legends {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}} League of legends is ruining riot {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=Demon King Maou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uOUchTr1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-17T22:10:55.693+0000) > > Riot is ruining League of Legends > {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}} > League of legends is ruining riot > {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} Is this a meme? If not, then WTF are you even talking about?
Hexa XV (EUW)
: "Genre is pretty dead" - nah, "genre" is not dead. People who MAKE games in this genre just copy paste everything and are too lazy to think about anything new. :,) SMITE is on life support because Hi-rez fked so bad by trying to copy from every other game and lost any atmosphere this game had. They try to make money on practically everything and don't focus on game's atmosphere and gameplay itself. I left SMITE long ago when they started to make horrible skins and even more horrible art related to it. SMITE in 2019 is just disgusting and pathetic. :/
Look at WoW dying. The only real competition for that game these days is FF14 and ESO. Both are games that came out well before it died. When was the list time a truly impressive, large scale, high quality MMO came out? If LoL dies, the genre will go the way of MMORPGs. It is a sad truth.
: Love how rather than take the straightest clear path my champ diverts into and around my minions
Or, how about getting boxed into a wall by a single minion? That's always the best.
KazKaz (OCE)
: {{champion:67}} with {{item:3153}} + {{item:3124}} = anyone dead in 2-3 autos {{champion:145}} - Auto->Q+W->auto = dead opponent with ANY build she goes {{champion:51}} - Headshot->E+Q->Headshot = dead {{champion:81}} - W->Q = dead {{champion:18}} - Procs PTA and you die ADCs are also dumb. Everything is dumb in the damage department rn.
Unpopular opinion, but I really think the cumulative ADC changes have rendered them broken AF. Their 2 and 3 item power spikes are just as strong...maybe stronger...as they were when the items were reworked because they were OP. Now, everyone gets ridiculous power spikes at those item break points too, so no one seems to care any more.
SiG DxD (EUNE)
: since when is yuumi a bruiser?
No, he's saying Kha can one shot bruisers as if they were Yuumis.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rAJEh6Fh,comment-id=000d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T01:05:05.493+0000) > > Damage was not added "allegedly." Damage has been added full stop. There are 4 parts to this. > > 1 - Defensive stats on items has been lowered over the years. Armor and MR have been lowered significantly from where they were years ago, even things like FoN have been completely removed. > > 2 - Damage items have become more plentiful. We now have things like Stormrazor, Edge of Night, Death's Dance, Spear of Shojin etc. When was the last time a defensive item was added? 7.9's Adaptive Helm? > > 3 - Kind of a combination of 1 and 2, defensive items have been turned into damage items. GA, Banshee's, etc. > > 4 - Runes are far, FAR stronger than they have ever been. I was recently talking with someone about how Coup de Grace is a more powerful version of the strongest (final) mastery in one of the old trees. > > I would also add that all of this higher damage is done much earlier in the game too because of: > > 5 - Gold generation is way higher than it used to be, which speeds up purchases, makes damage higher earlier, and exacerbates all of this because at lower levels HP and base armor/MR values are lower. > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > I would also like to point out that 20 base HP would do practically nothing. They would live through one extra AA at level 1. After 1 item, it would mean nothing. > > You also really don't seem to have thought this through. Because, again. There are going to be a ton of varying interactions with the amount of HP required to make a difference when regarding the damage. Will this make Overgrowth OP? Will it make Grasp OP? Will it make Liandry's or BoRK too strong? There are a thousand questions that need answering. > > Instead of taking this unnecessary extra step and then looking at interactions with everything, they could just lower damage by 10-20 points per patch until we get to a reasonable TTK. been doing this for years. the game got stale, literally stagnated for half a season in season 7, but hey people can forget what they want to, maybe they liked it. rito started trying to buff things. they were too strong so they immediately got renerfed patch by patch. suddenly. runes reforged. now there's too much dmg. runes reforged now with the flex trays. now there's either hp or resistances and the hp is never really valuable on it's own unless given an edge case, so everyone takes resistances, but there's not enough hp to make them as valuable as they should be across classes so everyone starts bitching about dmg. don't nerf the dmg cause the dmg is fun and actually skill expressive. buff hp to slow down the gameplay, suddenly tanks are a staple cause they have an actual balance window to exist in rather than competing with juggs. but whatever, you want to nerf things again and again till we have another season 7 and no one can kill anyone else solo because that's the communities idea of fun because 98% of the ladder are unwilling to carry themselves through their individual gameplay. it's endemic now.
God no, I don't want another season 7. I want another Season 2/4. I also disagree that damage is skill expressive. Being able to explode someone in a single rotation takes far less skill than needing to perform that same action 5, 10, 20 times.
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rAJEh6Fh,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-13T16:48:13.113+0000) > > You've done none of the thinking. You've given a premise. How much HP does everyone gain? How about HP/lvl? Is it class based, game-wide, or specific champions getting varying amounts? There are SO many different aspects to this idea. And, even after you've hashed out all those details, seeing it in practice is going to be another beast entirely. It will then affect runes, items, and other things within the game. > > It's probably easier to just look at the current state of the game and start taking down values on the items/runes/gold generation/etc. because you're going to need to do a lot of balancing, after-the-fact, one way or the other...but with your method there's simply an unnecessary first step. > > Confused about your follow-up on getting one shot forever. I said yes, it happened, but it happens way, WAY more often now. leave the details to the developers, the veru obvious fix is to increase hp. how much do you increase hp by? depends what exactly we want tanks to do. tanks also require a class rework but we'll get to that later. for now, buff everyone's base hp. dmg got added to the game, it's good dmg, problem is some people are out of hp before the dmg has been exhausted due to runes getting reworked, the runes reforged is good though so no we aren't gonna change that. can't remove dmg from indidivual champions or items cause we've done that plenty and only skin sellers receive compensation. so what are we left with? buff all the hp's give tanks something from 10-20 base hp juggs 8-12 assassins 4-8 supports (not mages) 7-13 etc etc i don't run the playtest servers either private or public but hey rito could have it online for private testing tomorrow and public testing on the same day. what was added to the game? dmg was added allegedly. how do you balance it? give the champions hp. rocket science {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
Damage was not added "allegedly." Damage has been added full stop. There are 4 parts to this. 1 - Defensive stats on items has been lowered over the years. Armor and MR have been lowered significantly from where they were years ago, even things like FoN have been completely removed. 2 - Damage items have become more plentiful. We now have things like Stormrazor, Edge of Night, Death's Dance, Spear of Shojin etc. When was the last time a defensive item was added? 7.9's Adaptive Helm? 3 - Kind of a combination of 1 and 2, defensive items have been turned into damage items. GA, Banshee's, etc. 4 - Runes are far, FAR stronger than they have ever been. I was recently talking with someone about how Coup de Grace is a more powerful version of the strongest (final) mastery in one of the old trees. I would also add that all of this higher damage is done much earlier in the game too because of: 5 - Gold generation is way higher than it used to be, which speeds up purchases, makes damage higher earlier, and exacerbates all of this because at lower levels HP and base armor/MR values are lower. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I would also like to point out that 20 base HP would do practically nothing. They would live through one extra AA at level 1. After 1 item, it would mean nothing. You also really don't seem to have thought this through. Because, again. There are going to be a ton of varying interactions with the amount of HP required to make a difference when regarding the damage. Will this make Overgrowth OP? Will it make Grasp OP? Will it make Liandry's or BoRK too strong? There are a thousand questions that need answering. Instead of taking this unnecessary extra step and then looking at interactions with everything, they could just lower damage by 10-20 points per patch until we get to a reasonable TTK.
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rAJEh6Fh,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-08-13T16:20:44.305+0000) > > Sick of this argument. > > Yes, you can cite situations where people have been getting one shot forever. It happened. It definitely did. The problem is the frequency at which people get one shot these days relative to past times. > > Sure, 1 out of 10 games you would see a LB, Veigar, Eve, Rengar, whatever, get super far ahead and be able to one shot people with their 2-3 item and 3-4 level lead. It is now more like 9 out of 10 games. > > Damage is disgustingly high and needs to come down significantly. just give everyone extra hp. i've done all your thinking for you and gotten to the solution. and yes people have been getting one shot forever, if you're gonna mention one shotting then that get's mentioned.
You've done none of the thinking. You've given a premise. How much HP does everyone gain? How about HP/lvl? Is it class based, game-wide, or specific champions getting varying amounts? There are SO many different aspects to this idea. And, even after you've hashed out all those details, seeing it in practice is going to be another beast entirely. It will then affect runes, items, and other things within the game. It's probably easier to just look at the current state of the game and start taking down values on the items/runes/gold generation/etc. because you're going to need to do a lot of balancing, after-the-fact, one way or the other...but with your method there's simply an unnecessary first step. Confused about your follow-up on getting one shot forever. I said yes, it happened, but it happens way, WAY more often now.
: disagree, people have been getting one shot forever. there's enough resistances, the abilities have been nerfed enough giving them more numbers is just bringing back what was removed. buff base hp
Sick of this argument. Yes, you can cite situations where people have been getting one shot forever. It happened. It definitely did. The problem is the frequency at which people get one shot these days relative to past times. Sure, 1 out of 10 games you would see a LB, Veigar, Eve, Rengar, whatever, get super far ahead and be able to one shot people with their 2-3 item and 3-4 level lead. It is now more like 9 out of 10 games. Damage is disgustingly high and needs to come down significantly.
Show more

ArtumisPrime

Level 70 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion