: Can Riot focus on balancing and less on adding champs that break the game?
Call me racist but, I like to classify these kinds of champions as 'Chinese-Ego' champions. China (for political, ideological, spiritual and historical reasons that are far too extensive to get into) LOVES to one up each other, and it seems like every new broken champion makes that easier to do so. That's essentially why the game keeps being so quick, burst-heavy and hyper-mobile. Furthermore, it's more entertaining to watch for casuals who unfortunately do take up the majority of the playerbase on the bigger picture. Trust me, this ain't changing, it's far too profitable for Riot to turn back.
: You're having fun with it because it's different. When you "main a game", you hard focus on its problems more, regardless of how warranted it is. There's a reason HotS ain't making it.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=s3J2UaZm,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2020-02-15T16:19:53.270+0000) > > You're having fun with it because it's different. When you "main a game", you hard focus on its problems more, regardless of how warranted it is. > > There's a reason HotS ain't making it. It's like, you're not familiar enough with a game to know what should tilt you, but once you get to that point then it's like no other game. This kept on happening to me with countless games, and I decided to stay with LoL just because I'm most familiar with it already.
Atanii (EUNE)
: Playing champions if I like their design / lore / character?
It's pretty normal for players who just want to have fun. If you wanna climb ranked and be some pro player, you're gonna have to play champions that are strong/meta to some capacity, but if you're just a casual player who wants to have fun more than 'win', play who you like for whatever reason. I'm a bit of a balance though, on one hand I wanna play champions I like the aesthetics and design of, but on the other hand I still wanna stick to champions I'm at least okay at. I'd play the hell out of Riven, LeBlanc and Elise if I were good at them; I love their design/character/aesthetics, but I'm just not good enough and don't wanna weigh my teammates down so I more often than not stick with other champions.
: Some champions deserve more design than "this one ability in one form deals a lot of damage".
Nothing pisses me off more than pointing out that it's unhealthy and I just get bombarded with "lmao you're just mad cuz you can't beat it". Whether I/we win the game against it or not is irrelevant to how blatantly unhealthy it is.
Rioter Comments
: The game is burning down like a london bridge
What's really sad is that the majority of these can be explained by corporate greed. Patch by patch, season by season, it's more and more apparent Riot is run by businessmen rather than by players/gamers like it used to be.
KmSneaky (EUW)
: Can't play champions I enjoy anymore
This isn't limited to champions that don't fit the "end the game in 10 minutes" meta, but also champions that have been blatantly neglected by Riot. I hate this process that Riot abuses so much, it goes: 1 - Champion gets changed in one way or another 2 - Champion becomes too strong and problematic at its core 3 - Everyone abuses the champion 4 - Riot swoops in and applies all the wrong balance changes 5 - Champion becomes unplayable and everyone starts to offer changes 6 - Champion's popularity dies down because they're so unplayable 7 - Riot waiting until the champion playerbase is dead, then saying that since no one is playing them they're no longer priority. Trust me, I'd 100% be a Karma main or even one trick if she was playable. Edit: This process of neglect is why they removed both Dominion and Twisted Treeline.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kywi (NA)
: What is the counter to Teemo Mushrooms?
There are a few very situational and very champion specific ways of 'countering' it, but even these are a stretch since you need to know approximately where they are such as spellshielding yourself and walking into it or if you're Neeko, using your close to pop them. So yeah. Very situational.
5050BS (NA)
: Riot can do a lot more shady MatchMaking if you dont see peoples MMRs
I kinda suspect this but also hope it isn't the case at the same time. Just before I was put in a Gold game and I was basically deadweight cuz of it.
Rioter Comments
Kenbo10 (NA)
: Please Hotfix Aphelios
> [{quoted}](name=Kenbo10,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rvcjhzyr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-15T14:16:09.105+0000) > > I know you make more money if the new champ is a free win button There's the problem. Riot prefers money over players' fun.
: Everything is so broken bot lane and I'm just asking Riot to do one simple thing. Can you at least make it so that his hook hitbox doesn't take up the entire freaking lane? The amount of times in Season 10 that one of us in bot lane has completely dodged the hook visually, only to be locked down and deleted is astounding. Like, can we just start there? It's basic coding.
I'm not sure whether it actually is, but it definitely also feels like it's the fastest hook which is why it's so undodgeable. Someone at one point raised a really good point and that is to make Riot livestream games of them playing as and against reworked and meta/op champions. But we all know Riot's too pussy to do that.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Enchantrous,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ytIT938m,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-11T17:42:03.419+0000) > > Turgid. wtf kind of word is that that sounds ugly as heck.
> [{quoted}](name=xDogMeatx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ytIT938m,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-11T17:47:04.361+0000) > > wtf kind of word is that that sounds ugly as heck. You're welcome.
: whats your most hated word in all of worddom?
: feed someone else on their team and then 5 man ryze kill him then accuse his teammate of kill stealing in order to cause infighting on their team about who's the real carry. when ryze bites into it accuse ryze of being carried by the support in order to tilt him. then afk knowing you can do nothing to win against him in this game and submit a report for verbal abuse and harassment knowing you'll get his account banned in the long run. you didn't win the match, but you wont the war.
{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: if ryze got shitted on early, you had 4 dragons and 3xs the kills as a team then you should of finished the game out. this isnt an issue with ryze as a champ its an issue with your team not knowing how to use the advantage and gold lead to close a game that was won.
I understand this but my question is what to do once/if this happens, at least what I'm able to do about it as an individual player.
Rioter Comments
Unker139 (NA)
: Rank resets but MMR does not. If you can raise your MMR during preseason, it will be a little easier to place higher early on.
But don't we rank up as far as we can with the first 10 games for placements? Last time I remember in our first 10 games we only gain LP but even that much LP can only get you so far. Do you gain more LP per win with higher MMR? Or are you referring to climbing _after_ placements?
Rioter Comments
: Can SR Evelynn's Charm have the moan Added on to it?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Enchantrous,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T06:34:19.950+0000) > > I really preferred not to but I guess I'm gonna have to spell it out to you. > Some people not liking Lee Sin doesn't qualify as Lee Sin being underrated. > The majority of people not liking or appreciating Lee Sin's gameplay qualifies as Lee Sin being underrated. > > OP specifically referred to underrated based on majority. bruh its called an opinion can u like not try to restrict my opinion? {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T07:21:00.853+0000) > > bruh its called an opinion can u like not try to restrict my opinion? > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} You're not defending 'an opinion', you're trying to defend an answer that doesn't really answer the original question. It's like someone's asking "what do you think is an underrated form of hydration?" and you answering "some people only like to drink sports drinks to hydrate and don't think water is really all that good so I'd say water is underrated for hydration". So that's not your opinion, that's just an answer that isn't in line with the question.
: riot removed way too many mechanics from her rework. her w is basically useless now and she was balanced around conquerors true damage now that conqueror is basically old fervor of battle/bloodlust combined she could probably be afforded to have some of those previous nerfs undone.(mostly the damage nerfs) overall irelias just not worth the time and effort to master when there are other champs who exceed her and are far more harder to counterplay. but again her kit is broken in some ways so if riot does return any power she may become an unstoppable monster again. so its hard to tell. honestly i think riot should scrap irelia's w as that skill has proved far too problematic and change her e back to being a point and click situational stun let her still be able to multidash with her ult marks but in exchange let her dash go back to how it originally was and reintroduce something else in place of her missing w and e.(i'm not sure what really;i think her passive is fine but abit overtuned) but riot wouldn't do any of that as that'd be admitting they failed in irelias rework so most likely expect some either random buffs to her toxic kit til she becomes a monster again and riot has to nerf her to the ground. its sad really. i know many people complain about irelia's dash and truth be told she always was dash the melee top laner;though it was extremely situational to pull off those multi dashes in the past compared to now;i think the bigger problem was introducing irelia's w as irelia was always never TOO tanky. she had to build items to become tanky before rework;her w when it was a good skill(blocking both magic and physical) basically nullified one of her previous weaknesses now that her w's been over-nerfed its more or a less a death sentence against mages yet still as toxic as before vs ad tops. i think if riot really wants to get serious balancing irelia they first have to remove her w and maybe remove her e so she can have some power returned back to her kit. she may stop being a pro play favorite if that happens though depending on what they replace those two skills with. (i have some idea's i'm thinking on in my head;i feel like the main difference between old irelia and current is consistency) i'm sure other irelia players have their own idea's and theirs probably been many good suggestions already placed in the forum but riot again will most likely ignore any feedback and suggestions as they have done to karma since riot has a track of never admitting they made any mistake. only champs such as lee sin,leblanc,etc who are basically extremely popular and mained by several of the top rioters in the design team ever receive apologies and kit reverts. zac got one but it was like after several years of being neglected;and r change that nobody asked for just so he could be a pro play wombo combo favorite for 1 or 2 patches before riot had to gut him and leave him overnerfed for several years in solo queue;in contrast it wasn't even a year since lb got her revert and lee sin got his cancelled almost immediately just before it hit live;alongside some heartfelt apology. anyways if i were you i'd just move on and forget about irelia for now.
Honestly, this breaks my heart, especially since I also love Karma to bits but can't play her without being shunned by my team. I guess I will just have to look elsewhere for now.
: > [{quoted}](name=Enchantrous,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T02:21:04.981+0000) > > You don't seem to get what "underrated game/play design" means... you don't seem to comprehend that not everyone likes lee sin therefore its underrated by some people and those people really have no idea what they're missing
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T03:11:38.910+0000) > > you don't seem to comprehend that not everyone likes lee sin > therefore its underrated by some people and those people really have no idea what they're missing I really preferred not to but I guess I'm gonna have to spell it out to you. Some people not liking Lee Sin doesn't qualify as Lee Sin being underrated. The majority of people not liking or appreciating Lee Sin's gameplay qualifies as Lee Sin being underrated. OP specifically referred to underrated based on majority.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Enchantrous,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T18:23:46.284+0000) > > That's not what underrated means... those people wouldn't rate lee's gameplay highly im just saying that lee has nice mechanics and potential to play make its called an O-pin-ion and therefore you don't have to agree
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T18:28:57.047+0000) > > those people wouldn't rate lee's gameplay highly > > im just saying that lee has nice mechanics and potential to play make > its called an > O-pin-ion > and therefore you don't have to agree You don't seem to get what "underrated game/play design" means...
: > [{quoted}](name=Enchantrous,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T17:44:24.584+0000) > > Not a single soul thinks Lee's gameplay design is underrated man. literally anyone who says lee sin is a toxic champ that should be nerf tho
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T17:51:46.204+0000) > > literally anyone who says lee sin is a toxic champ that should be nerf tho That's not what underrated means...
: {{champion:429}} lore {{champion:157}} {{champion:67}} aesthetic (think thats the word im looking for) {{champion:240}} {{champion:78}} personality {{champion:164}} {{champion:202}} thematic perfection {{champion:64}} gameplay {{champion:555}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:131}} fun
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=THk1A1wE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-03T17:38:41.096+0000) > > {{champion:64}} gameplay > Not a single soul thinks Lee's gameplay design is underrated man.
CurS1VE (NA)
: Twitch only becomes that 1v5 carry (that you suggested) after around 40minutes + in SoloQ, so that means he isn't too reliable to actually do what it is you are afraid of. He is actually less reliable than almost every other ADC in lane consistently. When you look at his kit there are obvious things that can be done to help him, for example increasing the CD of his Ambush, or just simply decreasing how long he can be in stealth. Twitch is currently bottom tier ADC so the idea of hyperbole that somehow giving him a Grounding utility breaks him is pretty unrealistic considering he has a lot of mana problems and still has really long CDs. He has plenty of weakness, 1) Lane phase is pretty weak, often he loses very badly to almost anything, 2) vulnerable to allin, fact is twitch is good at surprising ppl but the moment you all in on him he only has 1 escape which is flash, 3) takes forever to come online (4items+ generally speaking), 4) comp specific, meaning he is similar to kog'maw, where you need a really specific sort of team environment to consistently carry from Bot. There are plenty of reasons why Twitch needs some QoL, it's not really great having a champ like this be bottom tier for years now in the Bot lane without any real help. So the discussion isn't really about why you are afraid but more so what could hypothetically help a champ like this? If you really think his W is that strong then I would say you should play him and see that he doesn't spam out abilities and his early mana pool as well as his CDs are really high cost, as well as really long CDs. Twitch is already handicapped for 35 minutes just because he has a stealth, yet when he was at his best it was because there weren't many (if any) ADC's with stealth and now we have more who have it and more who can consistently do more with less as well as being more reliable. seriously, no hyperbole bs plz. Vayne and Kaisa DO exist, they both have stealth, they both literally can 1 v5 earlier and easier and they have more mobility as (in vayne's case) has CC. Lets not go talking about Twitch like he is some God Tier ADC or can't be stopped (lol?) because we all know that isn't true. Senna also has more Mobility, more CC and she has a ability that puts everyone in a Shroud as well as bonus movespeed and just way more utility than Twitch and btw just fyi, she has a higher pick rate and a higher win rate then twitch. So basically lets be realistic and quit with the "OMg if you do that it'd be too broken", it's grounding..Is Singed busted because of it? No, is Cass? No, Cass is busted because of Conq just so we are clear
It really doesn't take him 40 minutes to get rolling. Besides, his weaknesses pretty much justify his ability to 1v5 (and vice versa). You say he's less reliable than almost every ADC in lane? Well yeah, that's his weakness. Everyone needs a weakness. He's like Vayne or Kayle, hypercarry snowballers are supposed to have a weak early, I mean, what happened to Vayne some time ago and Kayle recently? They buffed their early game and then they suddenly became god tier, I wonder why huh.. He's not the only ADC who needs flash to escape. Besides, what he lacks in escapes he makes up for with that stealth/ability to surprise. If you want an ADC who can escape/self peel, you don't pick Twitch. Also, him needing a specific comp is more or less the same with any wombo combo champion, this weakness isn't specific to him. His W isn't very strong, but his power level with his R and E (and arguably the 'surprise' factor) makes up for it. If anything, as a buff I'd love to see his W get a mana buff (in the sense where the mana cost is decreased) and maybe a bit less cooldown. That way his laning phase is at least a tad stronger without actually impacting his skirmishing or 1v5-ability too hard. In the terms of comparing others to Twitch, Vayne is predominantly single target damage. She 1v5s more or less by dodging stuff and killine them 1 by 1. Twitch can kill everyone simultaneously. Senna's just broken but everyone is on release, especially if you give her a True Damage skin (gotta milk as much cash before nerfing her). I'd make posts about nerfing Senna but it seems everyone's already doing it on basically all platforms (whether it be boards, YouTube, reddit and whatnot). And of course Singed isn't busted with the ground, he's not a ranged burst champion who can pop outta nowhere from stealth. Cass on the other hand is a nightmare to lane against for anyone melee cuz of the ground (but this is almost borderline only if you are a melee champion, ranged champions still do normally against her anyway).
CurS1VE (NA)
: Idea: Twitch W Grounding
No way. The fact that he can 1v5 from stealth from mid game onwards is more than enough justification that he needs no buffs. If he gets this kind of utility he'll practically have no real weakness since his only real counter is mobility to either get to him to kill him before he kills you or to get away from him as soon as possible to clear his R/E range to avoid dying. I've been Bronze for years and even I know about this...
: > [{quoted}](name=Enchantrous,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49M0hfsN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-25T02:25:14.088+0000) > > In my opinion people who need trash talking to win can't win by raw skill/knowledge. That's why they need to resort to it. It's not integral to any competitive spirit or contribute towards any kind of competitive spirit at all. > > It's not legally wrong but incredibly unethical and just such a low move. > > That being said, the biggest issue with trash talking is that it works more often than not. I can see why you'd say that but I personally don't understand what's incredibly unethical than just saying "I'm better than you" "No I'm better than you" Check any sport and you'll see how trash talking comes into play, and overall makes it much more fun to watch. Not only that but its another way to show how much people care about what they do. The main thing I don't approve of when it comes to it though is not respecting your opponents at the end of it. In general ending whatever beef you have with someone by just shit talking shows how much of a douche you are (unless they were BIG time assholes who really had it coming)
> [{quoted}](name=DrowningInAss,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=49M0hfsN,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T02:35:40.314+0000) > > I can see why you'd say that but I personally don't understand what's incredibly unethical than just saying "I'm better than you" "No I'm better than you" Check any sport and you'll see how trash talking comes into play, and overall makes it much more fun to watch. Not only that but its another way to show how much people care about what they do. > > The main thing I don't approve of when it comes to it though is not respecting your opponents at the end of it. In general ending whatever beef you have with someone by just shit talking shows how much of a douche you are (unless they were BIG time assholes who really had it coming) Sportsmanship is rarely fun to watch for the masses. The most appealing emotions is anger and validation, both of which are huge in trash talking. That's why it sells; anger if you side with the trash talked and validation if you side with the trash talker (and thus vice versa). But saying "I'm better than you" is rare. That's not provocative enough. In order to get a reaction you need to go as low as possible like insulting someone's dead parents or whatnot which of course is absolutely deplorable but as soon as someone acts out physically, no matter how, suddenly the person provoked is in the absolute wrong. Is this wrong ethically? Of course, but this also stirs more anger and drama, both of which serve as amazing word of mouth advertising. Point is, trash talking has nothing to do with people caring about what they do. People who trash talk can't win without needing to try demoralize the opponent as a last and final resort, making them in my opinion, the lowest of the low when it comes to sportsmanship. However if the trash talker doesn't trash talk with the intention of gaining an upper hand through demoralization, the trash talker probably just isn't a very good person in general. You have an issue when it comes to not respecting your opponents at the end. How is that different from during the game? It's even worse in my opinion if they try to respect you again during the end because it's either them basically trying to give themselves a warrant to trash talk, something like "oh nah bro don't overreact to my provocative remarks we're all good no I'm the good guy if they overreact they're the problem not me bro look see I respect them" or they're implying that they are using trash talking as a means to gain an advantage through demoralization (though these two cases are definitely not mutually exclusive). People say trash talking is an integral part of competitive gaming and that Riot's being a pussy by banning anyone even remotely toxic which they don't, they do actually give you quite a bit of leeway, but at the same time, Riot has full justification for trying to eradicate as much toxicity from the game as possible because toxicity is directly opposing sportsmanship.
Shmeeve (NA)
: Whoever made this... this NEEDS to be an icon
I totally get the vibe and aesthetic, but the drawing quality is akin to deviantArt material. Would be cool for Riot to do this properly.
: I feel like shit talking is one of the best parts of games
In my opinion people who need trash talking to win can't win by raw skill/knowledge. That's why they need to resort to it. It's not integral to any competitive spirit or contribute towards any kind of competitive spirit at all. It's not legally wrong but incredibly unethical and just such a low move. That being said, the biggest issue with trash talking is that it works more often than not.
Terozu (NA)
: You should probably take Mana Band 100% of the time. Your poke will be stronger, but your sustain will be far worse. Due to the auto upgrade, you don't have to rush your first back to buy the first upgrade as soon as possible, and since you no longer need a nearby ally, you get gold at a higher rate if your ADC isn't in lane. So it feels far more satisfying to use imo.
What about people saying it's a huge cut from income?
bartvader (EUW)
: Why Soraka keeps going into melee range? Or it's just me?
_Easier to slap someone with a banana than trying to throw it from range._ {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Terozu (NA)
: So as a support main... I'm completely fine with the support item changes.
I haven't played properly for a month or so, so if I could ask: How are enchanter support items now? I play supports that would normally only go Spellthief's Edge, how is it now?
Sarokh JR (EUW)
: U know what... fuck this game =)
This game has degraded from macroplay/macromechanics to microplay/micromechanics, and the microplay/micromechanics got degraded from skill to reaction time. It went from who plays better than the other into who finds the other earlier than the other because apparently that's funner to watch and advertise than playing the map.
: Now that ranked is officially over it's time to discuss the future of Riot
I'll probably get downvoted since this is kind of giving up and not really constructive towards anything but I just straight up quit League, though it's probably a lot easier for me since I've been playing for so long that the addiction has worn off entirely. I'm grateful to not be feeling the passive aggressive quitting tilt that's been going around where I rage/tilt over one small thing, announcing myself quitting, getting made fun of, getting told that I'll be back in a week and _actually coming back in a week_, I genuinely am tired of how League has become over the years and that it's just seemingly a dead end bottomless pit that just doesn't seem to end or have any real trace of redeeming itself to a point where the game is fun again. Though I'm also satisfied with other gametypes other than MOBAs in general now so that's also a massive factor.
: Preseason starts straight after the rank season ends. Playing ranked does not effect your season 10 ranked games or qualifiers.
So is there no point in playing ranked during pre-season?
: Senna: Broken or Not Broken? (poll)
Rioter Comments
: Honestly can just get a completely fresh/new client at this point?
Riot: Anything that doesn't directly affect match stability isn't priority. Is the garbage client technically able to get you into a stable match? Perfect! The client did its job. Doesn't matter if it takes you 30 minutes of troubleshooting the client, as long as the match you'll eventually enter is stable, then the client did its job. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Am I the only one who remembers the time where when this new client first came out it was actually perfectly functional? Like speed wasn't an issue, bugs weren't an issue until like one day it just started to lag the shit outta everyone. I'm a mac%%% but even back then the client ran perfectly smoothly on 'Regular Spec Mode', now even Low Spec Mode feels like trash.
: Ekkos needs one of two things nerfed.
Nah not until True Damage sales die down
: Buff graves
Never have I read a more convincing argument.
koshkyra (NA)
: Riot is sacrificing the identity of the support role to make it more “fun” and appealing.
Yeah but according to Riot, it's not as exciting to watch. To adapt a Joker quote: "If I heal, buff, shield, redirect damage away from my carries or cleanse vital crowd control off my carries, nobody panics. Because it's all part of the plan. But when the enemy support lands _**one**_ hook, well then everyone loses their minds."
Show more

Chalze

Level 184 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion