Rioter Comments
: Garbage matchmaking ? Listen to IWD AND YOUR PLAYER BASE.
> [{quoted}](name=Can I Get Replay,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=ETtW8Ebq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-04T01:41:58.742+0000) > MATCH PLAYERS WITH THE CLOSE TO THE SAME TOTAL WINRATE. It's a lot easier to get a higher win rate in bronze than it is silver and a lot easier than it is diamond+. Your logic is flawed. > [{quoted}](name=Can I Get Replay,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=ETtW8Ebq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-04T01:41:58.742+0000) > Streamers, and the player base consistently complain about the matchmaking. It's about time riot listens and actually does something about it. Lol that's random as heck. Karma always catches up to you. {{champion:43}}
: Oh hey, i've muted and reported this guy multiple times over the past weeks
TLDR It would be able to be abused and lead to biased unfair matchmaking. They have explained this to others. Its to keep the game fair. For example. If you were challenger and you blocked all the other challengers except your mates than you could easily get them on your team. Also if you blocked all challengers, than the player would be challenger and never have to play with a team at his skill level. Which would increase matchmaking time as well as lower matchmaking quality. Karma always catches up to you. {{champion:43}}
: I'm really tired of how girls are treated in league
Beat the trolls, prove them wrong and mute if needed. Lets give good role models to each other. Also Support is the best role in the game. {{sticker:sona-playing}}
: 32+8 doesn't make 42 :)
> [{quoted}](name=AnataBakka,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=J6JTjuPA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-27T19:00:30.248+0000) > > 32+8 doesn't make 42 :) Ha that's some weird riot math tho xD This is a clarity bug then not a rune bug.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IFeEZo5c,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-18T00:04:36.216+0000) > > If you have a 5:1 KDA and aren't winning then I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your team at that point. > > Fucking transition your gold lead to a win, instead of dicking around and just going for more kills. people love to come and flame and say this constantly, but when your top mid and jungle keep running away, not pinging anything and over extending to where i can' even catch up to them, I can't really do much, i'm winning lane, roaming, taking outter towers, then inners, calling dragons and barons, they just get cocky and int legit every game, i'm just going to play top, bot has no agency over the game at the moment.
Sure but any blanket statement that is relevant to your team, is also relevant to the enemy team. Make their mistakes cost them more than they make (you/your teammates) cost you.
: Does this 'splashing' affect MMR or just LP?
I hope both but I wouldn't be surprised if it was only LP but the MMR stayed the same. Yea I'm down to give it a go. I'm just saying both lead to different things. ex if only LP, people would be less likely to care and troll more when autofill on the other hand if both people would could exploit an off role to raise their main ect. Still keen to try this all out and see if its a net positive or net negative.
Velgam (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DayLight V,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MXxZFZwl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-17T23:29:18.661+0000) > > KDA means little when objectives win games, sure you need gold to get objectives and denying gold is always the way to go but... > If you cant transition the gold you get from kills into objectives than clearly you have an area to improve upon. > > I find that if you make poor choices it often leads your team making them too. > > Honestly if you aren't winning it just means you carried the game less than the net sum of the enemies. > > It's hard to win every game... > > But even in an evenly skilled game, you should be winning more since you know that only 4/5 players could be trolls/feeders on your team (assuming you don't troll/feed) but 5/5 could be trolls/feeders on the enemies. > > Ultimately you can't improve anyone else's play style in soloQ, only your own, so why not focus on your own mistakes and get better at carrying as a result? Everyone makes plenty of mistakes or even just non optimum choices each game and many people are ignorant/ignore what they can improve on. > > When did we as a culture decide it was okay just to bash every fellow human on the internet instead of looking to improve ourselves? Is it because it is the easier thing to do? > > With all this said lose streaks and bad luck does happen, but honestly league is a game where skill can quite often offset bad luck, people just choose to ignore this fact. > > Do you think pros become pros because of their teammates or themselves? KDA means little? then why in most games the team with the higher KDA wins? 1 person is only 10% when it comes to the outcome of the game why does 1 person need to carry? it's a TEAM game yes because ranked match making gives you even matched teammates all the time just like a PC all components needs to be working in cohesion with each other, incompatibility causes issues, same with people and team comps when did we as a culture decide that a TEAM game needs to be carried by one person? After seeing pros/challenger players lose bronze matches, it really makes you wonder.
So is your plan to coach every potential teammate that plays in your league games so they can carry you? I think a better approach would be to review your own game play and carry no matter what teammates are on your team. **'KDA means little? then why in most games the team with the higher KDA wins?'** - Kills give gold which then give stat advantages which then make it easier for you to take objectives from opponents. If KDA means so much why aren't you using yours to impact the game to make your team win? **'1 person is only 10% when it comes to the outcome of the game'** - That's only assuming everyone is evenly matched in skill. And if that is the case then you can expect win/loss streaks of equal size because you shouldn't be winning more than you lose if you are in your current skill it should be 50/50. ** 'why does 1 person need to carry? it's a TEAM game'** - You can't just expect to be given everything in life, some things require work. If you wanna win more often than lose, you need to average a net positive for your team. **'yes because ranked match making gives you even matched teammates all the time'** - It does pretty well. When it doesn't it ends up being 50/50 in the long run. Everyone has bad games and you can make it easier or harder for your teammates. Example. if you are top and are getting camped by enemy jung but still smash lane and kill them both multiple times then its easier for your bot/mid since they aren't getting camped and easier for your jungle to play well since he can invade the enemies bottom jungle without fear. **'just like a PC all components needs to be working in cohesion with each other, incompatibility causes issues, same with people and team comps'** - Sure but whatever blanket statement that is relevant to your team , also is relevant to the enemy team. But in this case the only part you can change is yourself. If you as a part are outperforming the rest you can compensate for parts that don't do as well. **'when did we as a culture decide that a TEAM game needs to be carried by one person?'** - It doesn't the better team wins. However, if you are complaining about losing then what is the point of shifting the blame to teammates when the one constant through all the loses is yourself and if you had been playing better some of those losses could have been wins. **'After seeing pros/challenger players lose bronze matches, it really makes you wonder.'** - Player's work hard to get their rank and you are just dismissing it. Everyone starts at bots. Surely after this post you must know what players go through and still manage to get to the top. Higher ranked players go through the same as everyone else except they come out stronger usually because they worked hard to improve. Personally having been coached by a D2 and making my way to D4 in solo and Challenger in Flex last season was as hard as it was rewarding. Watching hours of my games instead of playing more games and listening to my coach review what I could have done better / what I did wrong was very frustrating but it was well worth the victories I lead my team to. These victories could have easily been defeats if I didn't improve my weaknesses.
: I figured out why league sucks
By that logic wouldn't you surrender when you are doing bad and thus not even get to play at all? There are 10 players in the game, 5 each team, some lanes win, some lose. It's usually hard to get the winning bot lane to FF if you are losing top. That's true for your team and just as true for the enemy team. Secondly, Instead of focusing on winning (if you are already behind that might be tough) instead focus on what you can do. Whether you are winning or not just take a breath mid game and focus on playing well from then on and figuring out what you did bad and what you did good and improving. Figure out what you can do for the team (if lane is ripped roam into a winning one and get some kills there) sure you may lose tower but then just take 2 towers of the winning lane that you just killed and get some more gold for the team. There is always a way back into a game and always a way to play well. Focus on playing well rather than winning and you will improve your play causing you to win more often. Personally I'm sick of people who give up just because they are losing lane, people need to learn to get carried / be able to play from behind and still make positive choices. For example on my smurf a yorick AFKed at 10mins but you know what, we still won the game 4v5. I was playing Xerath support and 1 shot everyone and told my Olaf to be my front line which he did. If yorick was playing he could have gotten back in the game and started to have fun but he choose to not have fun instead.
Velgam (NA)
: The only thing consistent is you...
KDA means little when objectives win games, sure you need gold to get objectives and denying gold is always the way to go but... If you cant transition the gold you get from kills into objectives than clearly you have an area to improve upon. I find that if you make poor choices it often leads your team making them too. Honestly if you aren't winning it just means you carried the game less than the net sum of the enemies. It's hard to win every game... But even in an evenly skilled game, you should be winning more since you know that only 4/5 players could be trolls/feeders on your team (assuming you don't troll/feed) but 5/5 could be trolls/feeders on the enemies. Ultimately you can't improve anyone else's play style in soloQ, only your own, so why not focus on your own mistakes and get better at carrying as a result? Everyone makes plenty of mistakes or even just non optimum choices each game and many people are ignorant/ignore what they can improve on. When did we as a culture decide it was okay just to bash every fellow human on the internet instead of looking to improve ourselves? Is it because it is the easier thing to do? With all this said lose streaks and bad luck does happen, but honestly league is a game where skill can quite often offset bad luck, people just choose to ignore this fact. Do you think pros become pros because of their teammates or themselves?
: tfw you average 5:1 kda on a smurf with 0% winrate over 3 days
KDA means little when objectives win games, sure you need gold to get objectives and denying gold is always the way to go but... If you cant transition the gold you get from kills into objectives than clearly you have an area to improve upon. I find that if you make poor choices it often leads your team making them too. When I smurf I like pinging/typing objectives we want while tracking enemy jungle and warning my team with pings on his likely position helps some players feed less. Honestly if you aren't winning it just means you carried the game less than the net sum of the enemies. It's hard to win every game... But even in an evenly skilled game, you should be winning more since you know that only 4/5 players could be trolls/feeders on your team (assuming you don't troll/feed) but 5/5 could be trolls/feeders on the enemies. So if you are on a smurf where you should destroy lane and be more impactful than your enemy counterpart your winrate should be well above average. Ultimately you can't improve anyone else's play style in soloQ, only your own, so why not focus on your own mistakes and get better at carrying as a result? Everyone makes plenty of mistakes or even just non optimum choices each game and many people are ignorant/ignore what they can improve on. Why complain about smurfing aren't you smurfing to have fun, release stress, not care about the outcome of the game? Couple that with if you are smurfing shouldn't you expect players on your team to have less skill. If the enemy is making your team have such a bad day shouldn't you be able to do the same to to the enemy team but tenfold since you are smurfing? I find on my smurf if I still try my best but remove the stress of caring about the outcome and just play to have fun you win alot more. When did we as a culture decide it was okay just to bash every fellow human on the internet instead of looking to improve ourselves? Is it because it is the easier thing to do? With all this said lose streaks and bad luck does happen, but honestly league is a game where skill can quite often offset bad luck, people just choose to ignore this fact.
Rioter Comments
: A good build for. Karma mid and supp
As a fellow karma OTP, she feels lackluster to me atm. I am waiting for her rework to come out which will give her W an ally cast. Full details below. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/TkiBEVYV-karma-gameplay-change-preview?show=flat It's not the rework I really wanted but hopefully it pushes her into a better state than she is now. Personally atm I would only pick karma when my team is a AA based (example. jax, camille, irelia, sejuani, late game adc ect) team fighting team. I would get... 1) support item (spell thiefs if you can poke well otherwise coin will get more gold quicker and your access to wards quicker) + pots 2) support tier 2 3) mobis or defensive boots (ionia boots aren't bad either) 4) ardent censor 5) defensive items (redemption, locket, knights vow, Athenes, Zyhonas) If you wanna play damaged based (make sure to hit that Q) Rush sorc boots + oblivion orb for the flat PEN (your base damages will pop squishys) and then ludens echo. Today's meta is alot about damage so u can go down that path BUT if your team gets behind you will be killed in 0.16s or less and late game your damage falls off hard. So as a support with less gold than everyone I recommend just focusing on surviving, after ardent censor you just wanna be able to stay alive from the burst so tanky items with CDR and utility actives are the way to go. You can always check out pro player builds https://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Karma or what is trending http://oce.op.gg/champion/karma/statistics/support
Destaice (NA)
: Just a reminder that the new champion is a shirtless muscular guy with long hair
With how many female champions are sexualised I don't see the problem here.
: > [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FPARgktY,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-09T05:15:14.286+0000) > > His ult is on an 85/50/15 sec cd, and the per-target cooldown is equal to half of his ultimate's cooldown, with a hard minimum of 20 sec. Yes, he can use an Amumu, Karthus, or Taric ult more than once in the same fight, if said fight lasts long enough for both him and the target to still be alive. The per-target CD is based on the _target's_ ult CD (starting at double, but scaling with CDR), so no, he can't steal a Karthus-tier ult twice in one fight.
: I completely disagree! Well, if riot were to take gold, items, and leveling out of the game I might agree to that, but this thread isn't about that, is it? IMO the game would be better if more gold was shifted to passive gen. Reasons!!! 1. First and foremost, it would make the game less snowbally. If there was less active gold to be had, teams would be closer in terms of power level. That means comebacks are easier, early losses are less painful, and it would feel less painful to the player/team that is behind. Dying once in laning phase costing you the lane and even the game is pretty bad in a team sport where most players have limited impact over the other lanes early on. 2. Teams that are ahead and snowballing would have less motivation to drag the game out. By keeping the other team closer to them in terms of power, farming kills and dragging the game out both has less of an advantage for you, but it also gives them more time to make a comeback. Because there's more passive gold generated, that means the team that is ahead really wants to make the full use of their advantage ASAP. 3. People would have to play better, longer. If you get a full item ahead of the other guy, the game starts becoming a lot easier for you. The other team starts losing their ability to respond just because you are up on power level and stats on them. The reason why win percentages start to even out around 50% the later the game goes is because as the other team slowly starts catching up in terms of gold and XP, the team that was ahead starts losing their advantages and has to start actually playing again. 4. Chasing kills becomes less important. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people play to satisfy their own egos, but the more work and the less reward there is to get from getting another 5 kills, hopefully a lot of people will stop paying attention solely to KDA and more to the map. 5. Hopefully we'd get less smurfs. Don't get me wrong, bad players are bad across the board but I think that moving gold into passive generation does 2 things to discourage smurfing. The first is one of the reasons why smurfing is so easy for good players is that not only are they better players, but they can translate that into an item advantage to make the game even easier because now they have a stat stick as well. This leads into the second thing: it'd make smurfing just a little bit more work. Without that stat stick, smurfs would have to spend more time in a game with lower level opponents because they don't have a stat stick to speed things up and hopefully that pacing difference might discourage some from doing it so much. 6. People would be more encouraged to learn about macro play. Sure, micro play would start to suffer but if KDA and "winning lane" are less important than the bigger picture hopefully will start to take over. If there's less rewards in KDA and CS and more rewards in just winning, people will focus on the winning. 7. It'd help riot to normalize the time and pacing of games. If the gold rate is more fixed, more in passive generation, then you should expect to see a narrow average game time as you don't have these 10K gold lead snowballs pulling the average down. 8. As a support main, I still am kinda dependent on passive gold. Sure the gold items help, but I'm not CSing that much, I'm not getting so many kills, the only thing I have to look forward to is assists. 9. A person feeding would be less behind because at least he'd have more gold. As a team game, this means that the weakest link on the team wouldn't be as weak as before. 10. The best sports generally involve both teams getting an equal number of opportunities to score because past scores don't necessarily make future ones don't give you any advantage in trying to get future scores nor do they directly make it harder for the other team to score. Having your past scores make future points easier flies in the face of fair competition. Imagine if baseball allowed offensive players to get 1 more strike until being out per point ahead... that would mean a team that's up 2 runs now gets an out with 5 strikes, that's a massive advantage. What if football said teams that are ahead only need 5 yards to get a first down? That'd be crazy as it'd make it next to impossible for the other team to get a stop. What if basketball said that the team who is ahead gets 1 more point for each free throw or basket made? Comebacks and lead changes would be difficult. If anything, gold and XP needs to be put more and more into passive generation in order to normalize the game and focus the players on objectives. Players do what you reward them to, so all rewards need to be tied towards actions that directly contribute to finishing out the game.
I agree with Linna Excel.
: Can Sylas use more taric/karthus ults in a game than taric/karthus?
: As someone who owns all champions, I agree to this still. I do have to say though that despite what people think, owning all champions puts you at a better advantage than ARAM accounts tailored to have only the "op champions" because those champions get countered heavily when the the "bad picks" go up against them.
I also own all champs and I love the free reroll you get every game :) In the ARAM tournament I hosted I found out that engage teams did alot better than poke which usually stomp in ARAM.
Dynikus (NA)
: They said they intended to just that in the same tweet they announced they were unlocking all champs in NB.
You are the bringer of good news my friend! {{sticker:sg-lux}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: Ahri as a support?
I've been playing it on a low gold account 28 games in preseason 57% WR which is not great for what I should be getting. http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=Aram+Prince Although it can work especially in this damage meta... I'd never play it in Diamond on my main, too many people think you are trolling and you lose because they are tilted and give up. That alone reduces your win rate by alot. That and her support capabilities include 1 charm for 2s (if you max first) and... that's about it... She has damage if you can get your stacks on mejias, but honestly so many other supports do so much more for the team and have much more utility/poke in their kits. A good support either has pick (morg lux), engage (leona, ali) good base poke (brand karma) buffs (enchanters raka lulu nami) or protects (braum). What you'll find is most traditional supports do some/most/all of these AT THE SAME TIME and have heaps in their kit. Ahri just has pick with her E. Usually supports have great base kits filled with utility at the cost of low scaling hence don't need items to be effective. Ahri doesn't even do as much damage as typical damage supports like brand (has better base scaling % health dmg and more cc upon rylias) or zyra (has more CC) I'll admit she's fun and there isnt that many mobile mages so its great to have a dash around with her. Honestly though, look into the kit of traditional supports and compare to Ahri and you can't deny her kit is based around herself not others. Nami - Ally MS buff, AOE stun, ally/self heal / poke, ally aa slow, Ally MS buff AOE knock up disengage. Ahri - Self MS buff, Mid range poke / self sustain, Damage, Charm, Self Dash / Damage If you want to climb I would not recommend. Not saying you can't, you can, just not as fast/efficient as other champions. In normals though or smurfing for a bit of fun, she's fair game XD
Rioter Comments
XD haha (OCE)
: Okay. 1) You do realise league has a policy where if you play support for one game it's impossible to be autofilled the next. Also it is your responsibility to work around your team, if there is autofills in it, then you need to be comfortable with every role. 2) I love how in this one paragraph you're like "my team my team" but then you sarcastically criticize people for blaming others. Come on do you not see the irony? 3) Look kids get a 2 month holiday break, riot's new patch notes is literally tomorrow. The rest of the paragraph is about how riot hurt you? Then I don't know why you brought discrimination into it other than to make it sound like it's not just about you? And then you want people to explain... what? Like your own rant? 4) ARAM - the probability of getting a champion that you want is independent from the probability of someone dodging. Probability bias. Game of chance. Nexus blitz is actually balanced so that the events favor the losing team, in push the cart the loser always defends, in the flaming circle the ring goes near the losing team's turret. 5. You complained about riot's punishment but gave no real examples about how the "Wrong people" are punished and how it's "harder than neccessary" All you did wax complain more and more about how those people should be punished 6.NTY 7.NTY 8.NTY 9.NTY Please just get over it. Yes people will down vote you, saying things like that is just showing how much you AREN'T ready for downvotes.
> [{quoted}](name=XD haha,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6slXtItu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-07T06:53:34.377+0000) > 4) ARAM - the probability of getting a champion that you want is independent from the probability of someone dodging. Probability bias. Game of chance. Actually with 4) your statement is false its dodge likelihood is not independent from champion you got. Player champions depend on your champion as they can not get the same champion as you. So if you got a high tier champion its less likely other players also got a high tier one, hence more likely they got a lower tier one, more likely to dodge.
Lakrosin (NA)
: Why I hate League now and will probably quit. (Rant)
4) Lol yea re-roll should switch champion class in ARAM. They should also make all champions unlocked in ARAM to stop ARAM account advantage.
: > [{quoted}](name=DayLight V,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FPARgktY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-08T20:12:42.802+0000) > > I hope that is the case as well. Edited my main post for clarity. > > What do you reckon on scaling? Does he get base ult damage, damage scaling from his own stats or from enemy stats he stole it from? I imagine that his scaling allows him only a few things - probably shorter cooldown on his own ult, and probably lower mana costs. Outside of that, nothing overt. The other thing I theorize is that his points in his ult will probably allow the ults he steal to be of that level. So for instance, if Irelia is 10 and he's 11 with 2 points in his ult, I theorize he'll probably steal her ult as if it was a level 2 ult instead of a level 1.
That would make sense but then your could use a 'better' ult than the person it came from which would feel bad for the originator. I read here he could be an AP bruiser and when he steals ultimates it may change AD scalings to AP equivalents so they can scale off his own stats. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/O0a1g9sf-after-seeing-the-new-sylas-video
: Each enemy also has a cooldown before Sylas can use their ult again. So that will limit who's ults he can spam. I would wager it basically equivocates to each specific champion's ult cooldown. Even if it was a longer time, he's not going to be without an ult, since he has the luxury of choosing what ult he wants. So even if he can't use Karthus' ult as frequently as Karthus can, he can always use someone else's.
I hope that is the case as well. Edited my main post for clarity. What do you reckon on scaling? Does he get base ult damage, damage scaling from his own stats or from enemy stats he stole it from?
: Can Sylas use more taric/karthus ults in a game than taric/karthus?
iiGazeii (NA)
: His page specifically says that in the late game, he'll be able to use multiple enemy ults in the same fight. So the ult cooldown itself is quite short, but the per-player cooldown will be much longer. If it goes off of the ult cooldown, then it would be really weird for champions with a very short ult cooldown like Zoe.
To me going off enemy ult CD would make sense considering Zoe's Ult CD is so low because its less impactful than others, especially since he doesn't have a Q to poke/extend the range of.
: Neeko and Sylas should've had their ults switched
But then they both wouldn't be unique (Sylas would be considered a generic) and riot is currently in a mindset that all new champs / reworked champs must have an unique aspect to them. To be fair this mindset could have arose due to all the posts on boards saying new champion W is just a mash of abilities X, Z, Y from previous champions A B and C. Personally I welcome champions with new unique spells or just old/simple spells into a new kit that has fun game play. However, with riots mindset it is likely the latter wont be appearing anytime soon. Thinking about it a bit more... A melee fighter/diver is probably the best for this ult what mage would want melee ultimates like darius ult ect?
Rioter Comments
Tennousu (NA)
: An argument of why not to revert Current Shen (and a defense of new Shen)
As a support shen player before the rework I liked having a little bit of poke with his old Q and the sustain it gave to my ADC. I would have preferred his Q turn into a skill shot than what it is now. Support shen now is a punching bag in lane and has to full commit for any trades, much like leona or ali I guess, his W is nicer for support and you can take font of life for a weaker sustain than his old Q but it's harder to proc and doesn't work on epic monsters like it used to (which was OP as). I also feel the sword is a bit slow, clunky. My main gripe is that the Shen ultimate CD was once 150 / 135 / 120 and is now 200 / 180 / 160 I understand its for competitive play but that's still a massive amount of time on CD.
: After 500+ Games Played of Nexus Blitz With a ~60% Winrate, Here is My Feedback
Some of the improvements you suggest can be solved without changes to the game but to the mindset of players. For example getting a a habit of backing before an event so you are full mana hp and spent all your gold. I like the Paranoia version of Bardle Royale. A tactic can be to ping where you are and then continue using pings to group up as a team.
: Karma Gameplay Change Preview
If Karma is getting an Ally use W, can you make Karma's passive proc when using spells on ally or enemies. This will make it feel less bad using W or R+E or R+W on an ally.
: Karma Gameplay Change Preview
Whiles Karma is being worked on can she also have her Voice Over updated. She need more quotes, especially situational ones like voiced lines on item purchases, skills, recalling, monster kills/assists and with other champions.
: Did he move when you attacked him beyond normal auto attacks? To remake one person has to be disconnected for 90 seconds in the first 3 minutes of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sVfVsNPI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-24T07:09:00.161+0000) > > Did he move when you attacked him beyond normal auto attacks? > > To remake one person has to be disconnected for 90 seconds in the first 3 minutes of the game. mmm uncertain he moved to blue buff then he dodged a mates skill shot but got CCed from another teammates and then died. I think he just rage quit after his death. I understand that remake is there so the team didn't have to 4v5 which I agree is awesome and is great for when the same happens on my team. Still can't shake the feeling of being a little cheated out by having a good start to a game be negated and being sent back into champ select troubles. Also could this not lead to toxic behavior of people telling someone to DC if they get killed early so that they take the loss and not all players?
Rioter Comments
: Pykes ult should rotate
OKIDJ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DayLight V,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuhAY0sm,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-21T08:03:56.174+0000) > > Pyke's R is a damaging ability. > My point is not "I want it to look better", in fact that could be a counter argument; saying it will no longer be an X. > > My point is that there aren't many abilities like this in the game because they don't feel intuitive or natural. > That and it causes a weird situation where the effective range is greater horizontally and shorter vertically. Pyke's R can execute. It will obviously be an X, so no it cannot be a counter argument. I guess so, but it may be uncomfortable but it balances the game.
> [{quoted}](name=OKIDJ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuhAY0sm,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-21T08:11:22.331+0000) > > Pyke's R can execute. It will obviously be an X, so no it cannot be a counter argument. I guess so, but it may be uncomfortable but it balances the game. I agree that it would always be an X but not everyone feels the same. > [{quoted}](name=Krynnˉ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuhAY0sm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-21T05:38:40.749+0000) > > It's always an X... it's not + marks the spot after all. I also agree I just need to learn it and it is unique to pyke. Guess once i master it i will not want it to change.
OKIDJ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DayLight V,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuhAY0sm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-21T06:58:27.131+0000) > > All 3 of the abilities mentioned pivot and I think that's what I meant when I said rotate. I will fix the main post. Pivot is just a rotation around a fixed point. None of the abilities you listed are similar in nature they are either a wall or a damaging ability, they are not a fixed ultimate that has an execute hit box. Also you did not even address anything else I said in my post besides the minor discrepancy. So, either you are choosing not to battle my point or you don't really have a valid argument besides "I want it to look better".
> [{quoted}](name=OKIDJ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuhAY0sm,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-21T07:09:10.495+0000) > > None of the abilities you listed are similar in nature they are either a wall or a damaging ability, they are not a fixed ultimate that has an execute hit box. Also you did not even address anything else I said in my post besides the minor discrepancy. So, either you are choosing not to battle my point or you don't really have a valid argument besides "I want it to look better". Pyke's R is a damaging ability. My point is not "I want it to look better", in fact that could be a counter argument; saying it will no longer be an X. My point is that there aren't many abilities like this in the game because they don't feel intuitive or natural. That and it causes a weird situation where the effective range is greater horizontally and shorter vertically.
OKIDJ (NA)
: Karthus' and Anivia's abilities you stated are both walls and kind of have to rotate to be useful, and Aatrox's Q comes off of his body and only pivots not rotate. If you could give me a completely similar ability then I would somewhat see a semblance of your point. For now however I think his ult is completely fine and they wouldn't want the hit box to be able to turn because it is a fairly quick execute and if you get used to fighting Pyke you know his ult is confined and cannot rotate differently. His ability is also a point and click, it is most similar to Zeds except it is a skill shot, so turning it would literally just make Pyke easier to pull off ultimates and harder for the enemy team to predict the layout of his ability.
> [{quoted}](name=OKIDJ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuhAY0sm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-21T06:25:15.979+0000) > > Karthus' and Anivia's abilities you stated are both walls and kind of have to rotate to be useful, and Aatrox's Q comes off of his body and only pivots not rotate. If you could give me a completely similar ability then I would somewhat see a semblance of your point. For now however I think his ult is completely fine and they wouldn't want the hit box to be able to turn because it is a fairly quick execute and if you get used to fighting Pyke you know his ult is confined and cannot rotate differently. His ability is also a point and click, it is most similar to Zeds except it is a skill shot, so turning it would literally just make Pyke easier to pull off ultimates and harder for the enemy team to predict the layout of his ability. All 3 of the abilities mentioned pivot and I think that's what I meant when I said rotate. I will fix the main post. Pivot is just a rotation around a fixed point.
Krynnˉ (NA)
: It's always an X... it's not + marks the spot after all.
It would still appear as a cross or an X if you made the bottom of the two lines of the X closest to Pyke. Especially with the angle the lines cross each other.
Rioter Comments
: Karma Gameplay Change Preview
Can Karma pls get a W tether range indicator like Leblanc's E?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: December 14
Can Karma pls get a W tether range indicator like Leblanc's E?
: games have never been close outside of competitive play, and they're getting further and further apart for lower than high diamond with most games being pretty much decided by 10 minutes now
> [{quoted}](name=S9 Iron IV,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3JFnWWYO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-16T00:22:36.975+0000) > > games have never been close outside of competitive play, and they're getting further and further apart for lower than high diamond with most games being pretty much decided by 10 minutes now Is there data on this? I play in D1 flex D4 soloq and in Gold on an alternate account. Games are usually never over by 10mins especially with the new bounty system giving enemies huge piles of gold for shutdown and how hard baron is to take; leading to big baron throws.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: December 14
Thoughts on a Tenacity Rework? I feel like a rework where things of the same nature should stack additively and multiplicatively with other natured things. For example... Champion Abilities/Passives should stack additive with other champion abilities/passives, multiplicity with all else. Runes should stack additive with other runes, multiplicity with all else. Items should also stack additive with other items, multiplicity with all else. Consumables should also stack additive with other consumables, multiplicity with all else. Summoner Spells should also stack additive with other summoner spells, multiplicity with all else. This would make more sense to me. https://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Tenacity
CTore118 (NA)
: Confused about mmr
WAIT YOU GET TO PLAY 3v3? On OCE we only get to play that mode on Friday nights from 3 PM AEDT to 1 AM AEDT :'( Maybe the high elo player was in a massive queue and there wasn't many players playing. I know my Challenger flex queues can last 20+ minutes and then the matching can be wacky as. The system can only do the best matching it can with the available players. TBH rank in one game mode doesn't translate to rank in another and level does not translate to skill especially due to smurfing and such. Some things can't be helped if queuing in parties is allowed. The average MMR of teams with high MMR player/s can be tanked real fast with a low MMR player/s. What about all the times you get the OP team? Nobody ever seems to notice or complain about those times... Keep in mind Riot is doing their best to appeal to all parties low MMR, high MMR, people who want fair games, people who want quick queues. Most importantly Riot is not out to get you. ~ Life is Unfair ~
: Karma Gameplay Change Preview
Being good enough to be Diamond but not good enough to not be a META slave... I really just want an excuse to be allowed to play Karma again. I still don't completely understand why Riot nerfed shield duration + shield items in the same patch. I understand duration was OP but both nerfs in the same patch seemed overkill to me and brought about tank support meta (with few exception; pyke) which still hasn't ended. Being once called a Karma OTP I want so much more for Karma. I'm open to the idea behind shared shield. I want to try this out although I feel it will make landing good 5 man shields feel less powerful punishing you for your team playing around your kit. ie. punished for grouping which is why you would pick Karma in the first place; she shines in a good grouping team that can benefit from ardent and/or MS. I really hope these W changes don't come through. I like the idea of an ally W but not this version. It may sound close minded of me having not played with the changes but I feel these changes are a little close minded compared to what could have been.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DayLight V,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EUznGIi1,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-12-15T22:40:32.479+0000) > > Her W has 2 passives that increase MS, one passive on her AA 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% for 1s and one active 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% for 2s. It also grants invisibility which lets her move without being seen for 0.5s and then summons a clone meaning she can put even more distance between her and the enemy if they chase the wrong one. That's not a dash... literally
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EUznGIi1,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-15T22:58:34.523+0000) > > That's not a dash... literally I'll agree it's not a dash, but it is a 'mobility ability' and it gives a lot of mobility in various ways. Curious would 0.5s worth of unseen MS be called a pseudo dash as you appear to dash from one place to another in the eyes of your opponent? There would have to be some other restrictions because if that's the case twitch and eve have some long pseudo dashes xD
Show more

DayLight V

Level 324 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion