WiskyQ (NA)
: Oracles OP in ARAM?
I think there's a few things you're not considering about this, though. For one thing, it is just about the only counter-play to traps on Howling Abyss modes, with the only other thing capable of doing the same job being the Duskblade of Draktharr {{item:3147}}, which works effectively only on particular champions (stat-wise), and isn't nearly as effective overall (90 second cooldown). The other thing to consider is that you're talking about a consumable that lasts only 3 minutes, and only provides that "vision" in the immediate area around the champion using it. It's a repeated cost of 300g throughout the game to keep it up, and generally it's only effective if more than one person is using it, which ultimately ends up putting a substantial dent in the enemy teams gold, meaning they'll take longer to get to full build. It is certainly a good choice against champions like Teemo and Shaco, but it's not without significant cost, and it's not impossible to work around players who use it.
: Once I get to honor 3 I will start doing PBE and write paragraphs about bugs....
Or you could just post it on the [PBE Forums](https://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/) like a normal person, since that's what it's designed for.
: Why is Yumi Hated so much?
Yuumi is widely considered an "afk promoting" champ, and it doesn't help that Riot have just removed the one thing from her kit that actually encourages players to detach, as well as buffing her heal which means the "afk Yuumi" play style is basically the only effective way of using her at this point (for most people).
: > [{quoted}](name=BrokenRayquaza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-07-16T22:28:34.874+0000) > > They are supposed to be like collectors items. Like a 1st Addition Charizard. Is it better? No. Is it more rare and therefore higher priced? Heck yeah. Friendly reminder that there is no such thing as rarity in a marketplace with *infinite* supply. The only reason these skins cost so ridiculously much is because there's knuckleheads stupid enough to buy them.
> [{quoted}](name=Furry Erotica,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=00100001,timestamp=2019-07-17T21:38:26.356+0000) > > The only reason these skins cost so ridiculously much is because there's knuckleheads stupid enough to buy them. Exactly this. I'm hoping everyone here has heard the saying "something is only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it", and the fact that people are willing to spend so much on what is nothing more than a glorified bronze chroma is just *ridiculous*. People need to realise that those skins ***are not worth nearly as much as they are sold at***, and stop buying that shit until Riot severely lowers the cost of them. If you want them, whatever, but don't let Riot treat you like a fucking ATM, because that's all you are to them at the moment if you're buying "prestige" shit.
KABLUMP (NA)
: A civilized request for Ultra Rapid Fire
Community: WE WANT URF!!! REAL URF, NOT ALL RANDOM BS!!! Riot: https://i.imgur.com/X1Lm21O.png
: > [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=000100000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-16T03:02:56.736+0000) > > That's a blatant lie, though. The very nature of the Prestige skins (and the Yearly Prestige skins in particular) is designed to draw people into addictive tendencies (primarily by pushing them into lootboxes) and subsequently hurting those individuals both mentally and financially as a result, and all because Riot can't be fucked putting in actual effort to make quality content. the main way to effectively get them is through the event passes. like you can grind for any prestige skin you want with the pass, which is overall worth it considering you also get everything else that comes along with the pass.
> [{quoted}](name=Judge Jeeble,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=0001000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-07-17T04:17:35.938+0000) > > the main way to effectively get them is through the event passes. like you can grind for any prestige skin you want with the pass, which is overall worth it considering you also get everything else that comes along with the pass. A system that is ***designed*** around spending money (no surprise there), and the Hextech Crafting system which, in it's very nature, exposes players to the same mechanics that trigger addictive tendencies in a very similar way to "traditional" gambling devices, which will obviously help expose more players to those mechanics more often, and of course because of bullshit "explanations" like yours people aren't going to fucking realise what's going on. Pull your head out of Riot's ass and actually ***LOOK*** at what they're doing.
ODiiiiiN (NA)
: Does Riot HATE QUINN?
Yes, Rito hates Quinn, evidence by the fact that she hasn't been "rebranded" to "Quinn and Valor" as they were originally intended to be, while Rito is out here giving willump (*fucking willump*) the "worth more than a glorified mount" treatment...
: Well, this is arguable and I believe a warning should be in place because people don't understand that loot boxes are dangerous. I believe loot boxes are just another form of gambling that exert the same type of dangers that gambling does to the mental health of an individual.
> [{quoted}](name=Yasashi Kokoro,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=OqAqy0U3,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-16T13:01:25.189+0000) > > I believe loot boxes are just another form of gambling that exert the same type of dangers that gambling does to the mental health of an individual. If you recall, the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists did a study last year on the effects of micro-transaction/lootbox systems as they exist in video games, and (based on their referral to the Australian government) basically determined that many/all of the same risks that exist with "traditional" gambling devices also exist with micro-transaction/lootboxes (though ultimately referred to legal expertise to determine if action should be taken). You can read their referral here: https://www.ranzcp.org/files/resources/submissions/ltr-president-to-senate-sc-re-gaming-micro-transac.aspx Ultimately, it seems reasonably clear that they've discovered some disturbing similarities between micro-transactions/lootboxes and "traditional" gambling devices (such as those commonly used in casinos).
: That's a legitimate problem. I wish more people would speak up about it. Since you mentioned loot boxes, I'll chip in with my opinion. Those loot boxes should absolutely be regulated. And I believe Riot is abusing sophisticated psychological methods to lure in potential victims. * Minors should not be allowed to purchase loot boxes. * As with cigarettes, loot boxes should have a warning before you purchase them about the psychological harm that could come with them because they are basically a disguised form of gambling. * If Riot will not regulate the purchase of loot boxes minors should not be allowed to play this game.
THANK YOU!!! So many people are happy to ignore the issue, or "explain it away" because "it's free" even though that's a significant part of the issue, and because most countries simply haven't developed their legislation to catch up with the age of "digital good and services" video game companies can do this shit completely unregulated (except in Belgium where they've had the good sense to ban it).
: You guys have nothing better to complain about other than skins?
Well, all of my complaints about the lootbox problem in LoL, and the way Riot is using gambling mechanics to trigger addiction in at-risk individuals, and the fact they use the same "free sample" tactics as drug dealers to expose as many people as possible have all fallen on deaf ears, so yeh, nothing better to complain about than poor skin choice at the moment.
HeartVine (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Drugs and Liquor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=001100000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T09:16:06.957+0000) > > It was the LEONA who had said these things NOT me. Those are ***YOUR*** chat logs, though. By your own admission, it was ***YOU*** who said "i can contact the fbi and they will investigate you" (and funny how you *actively* cut *just* that part of the logs out of the quote there). Quite frankly, I don't give a shit what the other players did at this point. All we have to base that on is *your* word, and that means nothing to me at this point. What I am talking about here is ***your*** behaviour, and something you have ***directly and openly*** admitted to in providing your own chat logs from that match, and now you have the audacity to sit there and say that ***I*** am "dim".
> [{quoted}](name=Drugs and Liquor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=00110000000000000000000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T09:32:32.583+0000) > > Again yes EVERYTHING in those chat logs I DID SAY! What does that have to do with anything? It has to do with the fact that you actively threatened someone with an act that can reasonably be described as "swatting", which is what you've claimed *isn't* the case, and attempted to deflect from that by talking about what *someone else* supposedly did (for which we only have you word, for what little it's worth). You claimed you "never once threatened anyone", but your chat logs *clearly* tell a different story there, since you *clearly* threatened to dob them into the FBI, which is (again) an act that can reasonably be described as "swatting". Like I said, I don't give a shit about what everyone else did, I was talking about ***your*** behaviour specifically in that case, which is ***very*** clear in those chat logs.
: > [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=00110000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T09:02:24.565+0000) > > Yes, I read your chat logs, and you *actively and directly* threaten another person with what is a *very similar* act to "swatting", and I quote (directly from the chat logs *you* provided): > [2019-06-18 20:12:46 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: your* > [2019-06-18 20:12:55 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: would you like to press the issue??? > [2019-06-18 20:13:10 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: i mean homeland security might like a word with you > [2019-06-18 20:13:16 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: yes > [2019-06-18 20:13:21 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: indeed they would > [2019-06-18 20:13:32 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: you speak terroristic sentiments > [2019-06-18 20:13:40 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: and threats of violence > [2019-06-18 20:14:16 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: gl with the authorities I'm sorry but you are very dim. After this I will not be responding to you any longer. It was the LEONA who had said these things NOT me. LEONA said the threats LEONA was the one who incited violence. I was the victim, the FBI showed up at my house because LEONA SAID THAT I WAS MAKING THOSE THREATS!!!.if you don't understand and this is too far over your head please keep to yourself thanks.
> [{quoted}](name=Drugs and Liquor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=001100000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T09:16:06.957+0000) > > It was the LEONA who had said these things NOT me. Those are ***YOUR*** chat logs, though. By your own admission, it was ***YOU*** who said "i can contact the fbi and they will investigate you" (and funny how you *actively* cut *just* that part of the logs out of the quote there). Quite frankly, I don't give a shit what the other players did at this point. All we have to base that on is *your* word, and that means nothing to me at this point. What I am talking about here is ***your*** behaviour, and something you have ***directly and openly*** admitted to in providing your own chat logs from that match, and now you have the audacity to sit there and say that ***I*** am "dim".
: > [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=001100000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-16T08:53:54.652+0000) > > I just want to pop in here and say that I *originally* considered there was a possibility that your claim was true. > > With that said, you've given everyone basically *zero* reason to believe a word you've said. You've contradicted yourself on the evidence you claim to have, and are blatantly refusing to provide some of that for no other reason than "some people will say it's BS". The "evidence" you *have* provided *clearly* shows that you have actively threatened other players with what is essentially the same as "swatting", and you *still* think you're coming off as someone who is making sense. > > I think it's fair to say a lot of people aren't believing you because of ***your*** attitude in this thread. No you have it backwards...a DUO FRAMED ME CALLED THE FBI!!! I NEVER ONCE THREATENED ANYONE....I WAS THE VICTIM OF THE SO CALLED "SWATTING" did you actually read???? Did you actually comprehend what has been said??? My "attitude" is just and warranted. Riot breached my privacy and the FBI violated my 1st amendment rights. Wouldn't you be a bit upset? Also don't see where you think that I "contradicted myself" but ok.
> [{quoted}](name=Drugs and Liquor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=0011000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-16T09:00:10.570+0000) > > did you actually read???? Yes, I read your chat logs, and you *actively and directly* threaten another person with what is a *very similar* act to "swatting", and I quote (directly from the chat logs *you* provided): > [2019-06-18 20:12:37 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: and leona with "bomb threats " to riot is highly illegal tbh i can contact the fbi and they will investigate you...would that be akin to you liking??? [2019-06-18 20:12:46 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: your* [2019-06-18 20:12:55 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: would you like to press the issue??? [2019-06-18 20:13:10 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: i mean homeland security might like a word with you [2019-06-18 20:13:16 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: yes [2019-06-18 20:13:21 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: indeed they would [2019-06-18 20:13:32 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: you speak terroristic sentiments [2019-06-18 20:13:40 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: and threats of violence [2019-06-18 20:14:16 PDT] Drugs and Liquor: gl with the authorities
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=0011000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T08:48:35.408+0000) > > ?????? > > I said I did not read. I did skim through it. > > I only said that because it's easier to jump to giving you the benefits of the doubt and assume that you are indeed framed, which then I advise you on what you should be actually doing IF you're actually framed, which includes but not limited to, seeking legal advice? > > As I've said, which I assume you didn't read my post at all not even bits and pieces of it, "Anything is better than sitting and complaining on a god forsaken forum that Rioters doesn't bother with visiting and only joins on the meme posts 95% of the time." I appreciate the benefit of the doubt since it has been literally 0 people who have even considered this to be true.
> [{quoted}](name=Drugs and Liquor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=00110000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T08:50:07.075+0000) > > I appreciate the benefit of the doubt since it has been literally 0 people who have even considered this to be true. I just want to pop in here and say that I *originally* considered there was a possibility that your claim was true. With that said, you've given everyone basically *zero* reason to believe a word you've said. You've contradicted yourself on the evidence you claim to have, and are blatantly refusing to provide some of that for no other reason than "some people will say it's BS". The "evidence" you *have* provided *clearly* shows that you have actively threatened other players with what is essentially the same as "swatting", and you *still* think you're coming off as someone who is making sense. I think it's fair to say a lot of people aren't believing you because of ***your*** attitude in this thread.
: > [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=001200000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T08:12:27.147+0000) > > Sounds like code for "I don't have anything because I'm making all of this up, but I'm going to bluff my way past this by trying to one-up you". > > You're the one making the claim, burden of proof is on you, get to it, mate. > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} I have given my chat logs. There is nothing more I have or can give...I have done a FOIA with the FBI not sure how long that will take, considering it took them 1 month to actually show up at my house. I will likely need a lawyer to subpoena Riot to obtain ALL of the information, which will be part of the process.
> [{quoted}](name=Drugs and Liquor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=0012000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T08:39:13.479+0000) > > I have given my chat logs. There is ***nothing more*** I have or can give... So, what happened to that video you claimed to have?
: Who is going to turn off chat in the new patch?
Leaving chat on personally. I never mute. Always looking at what people are saying, *especially* when they're being dicks because then I know exactly how bad they got and can pass that info onto Riot with the report if I feel it's noteworthy.
: > [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-07-16T08:01:48.492+0000) > > Pics or it didn't happen. > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} I guess you will have to read it kotaku or surrender20 or w/e other online gaming news type site in the future. I have vid better than pic. But at this point since Riot was not very cooperative with me, I will not be showing this as I would need to blur person/persons. And then I'm sure you would say "that's an edited video still bullshit"
> [{quoted}](name=Drugs and Liquor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qWlLKYAX,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2019-07-16T08:09:44.935+0000) > > I guess you will have to read it kotaku or surrender20 or w/e other online gaming news type site in the future. I have vid better than pic. But at this point since Riot was not very cooperative with me, I will not be showing this as I would need to blur person/persons. And then I'm sure you would say "that's an edited video still bullshit" Sounds like code for "I don't have anything because I'm making all of this up, but I'm going to bluff my way past this by trying to one-up you". You're the one making the claim, burden of proof is on you, get to it, mate. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: Will we ever get Ascension and any other previous gamemodes back again?
Ascension is probably the *least* likely mode to make a comeback, considering Riot stopped supporting Crystal Scar (the map used for Ascension) a long time ago now. Most other modes use one of the current maps, or were last used more recently and subsequently will need less work for a re-appearance.
: When Riot gives your info to the FBI...
Pics or it didn't happen. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: What ever happened to Riot SuperCakes?
> [{quoted}](name=Dark Står ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JlhHjVwE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-15T20:59:56.812+0000) > > the only skins released this year I think are even of great quality were the Invictus Gaming ones No, no! Bad OP! No! IG is an affront to the thematic of Xayah and Rakan and should ***NOT*** be praised. {{sticker:sg-shisa}}
Kimimi (EUNE)
: Who do you think are getting this year's Star Guardian skins?
{{champion:133}} (hoping legendary/ultimate), {{champion:142}} , {{champion:131}} , {{champion:89}} and {{champion:245}}
: Who and what would you change from a champ if you could?
Rework Quinn and Valor to provide some actually unique gameplay, and give Valor some kind of intrinsic value to the duo, rather than being a glorified taxi...
: So then here's the real question: who is the Sonic to Kai'sa being Shadow? Or is that just not a thing to think of?
> [{quoted}](name=Demacian Saint,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=g8p8jjLq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-15T17:30:48.173+0000) > > So then here's the real question: who is the Sonic to Kai'sa being Shadow? Or is that just not a thing to think of? Well, umm... {{champion:33}} Who else?
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Endeavor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T21:30:59.177+0000) > > It's not the truth, its just another opinion. No, it's a fact. The existence of prestige skins doesn't hurt anyone. Worse thing is the splash arts like Bandit Sivir and Musketeer Twisted Fate. I bought them for RP and then Riot changed them to much worse. Basically I've been scammed.
> [{quoted}](name=Trias000,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T22:26:20.386+0000) > > The existence of prestige skins doesn't hurt anyone. That's a blatant lie, though. The very nature of the Prestige skins (and the Yearly Prestige skins in particular) is designed to draw people into addictive tendencies (primarily by pushing them into lootboxes) and subsequently hurting those individuals both mentally and financially as a result, and all because Riot can't be fucked putting in actual effort to make quality content.
GenoXx (NA)
: How would you all feel If CD Project Red were to offer making a game out of League's lore?
CDPR shouldn't waste their time, to be honest. From what I understand of them, they tend not to take on projects that they're not comfortable with, and feel they can actually develop quality stories around. Personally, I *doubt* they would feel confident with doing something with LoL's lore, even though there's quite a bit of it, and would much rather they focus their efforts on something they think would actually be worthwhile, because that's where their time is best spent.
: I think there could be a pretty good reason for this. We got told that the rule that Project is just for "human champions with significant weapons" is still in place. And that there will be a lore reason why Warwick made it in the skin line. Now looking at Warwick, his design really looks alot like Program. Now, hear me out. This squad is supposed to be Projects which got abandoned by the corporation. And in the first trailer that showed Pyke in detail, he looked _heavily_ damaged. I think that the whole theme and shtick of this squad is that they got almost destroyed in battle.... and had to rebuilt themselves. Now, what if.... Warwick was extremely heavily damaged and he did use parts of a Program (with wolf design it seems) to rebuilt himself? They are robots, he is a cyborg, so he is probably compatible with their parts to some extend. I think that would be an amazing background and would make him really stand out in the skin line, since he would kinda be a fusion of Project and Program.
I've actually been thinking about Warwick's case in the whole Project skin-line, and I've come to a bit of a different conclusion. So anyone who's read Warwicks lore will more than likely know that he *was* a human who got transformed by experimentation, and considering he comes from Zuan it's reasonable to assume that was the result of some kind of Chem-Tech, which is commonly used in Zuan. Now so far as the Project universe goes, it's a "cyberpunk" style, with highly advanced technologies, so it's reasonable to assume one of two things in regards to Chem-Tech; Either it never existed in that universe, or it does exist and is simply a highly outdated technology that isn't really used (if at all). So if Chem-Tech doesn't exist/isn't used in the Project universe, how does that affect Warwick? The likely answer is that he never went through those experiments, *or* rather that he *did* go through those experiments *as a human* and got turned into the "Project" that he now is. That's my thinking of it anyway.
: PROJECT SKINS ingame preview
And of course Riot has made a "Prestige" edition of a Project skin, which *completely* goes against the style of the skin-line... They have officially ruined Project for me. Don't care if Quinn never gets one now... {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} They just can't leave well enough alone for *one* patch...
: I don’t like how they made their outfits white. They don’t fit with the rest of the PROJECT skins. And someone explain to me the direction of PROJECT: Akali’s design please, she looks like she’s wearing a space suit and looks more like a Praetorian skin than a PROJECT skin. Rito please make the outfits dark again, PROJECT: Pyke and PROJECT: Jinx look decent but Irelia and Akali look really off to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Steel Lady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ydQOO6fe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T15:16:16.052+0000) > > I don’t like how they made their outfits white. They don’t fit with the rest of the PROJECT skins. And someone explain to me the direction of PROJECT: Akali’s design please, she looks like she’s wearing a space suit and looks more like a Praetorian skin than a PROJECT skin. Rito please make the outfits dark again, PROJECT: Pyke and PROJECT: Jinx look decent but Irelia and Akali look really off to me. Agreed. The white armour plating makes them look more like Program skins than Project, and it seems pretty clear that these are all intended to be "Project", including Warwick. It just doesn't make sense for those skins to share such similarities with their enemies.
Rioter Comments
: Yea, I was hoping she finally get a PROJECT skin. My only hope now is she will get a halloween skin https://i.imgur.com/WlxKt08.jpg?noredirect
> [{quoted}](name=Raven Redeemed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Mk5FGkQ,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-07-15T13:04:09.645+0000) > > Yea, I was hoping she finnnal get a PROJECT skin. My only hope now is she will get a halloween skin Don't forget we still have Star Guardian skins this year too, and it's entirely possible that Quinn will be among them (if Riot bothers to give her some love).
Sancre (EUW)
: If that bird hologram ends up being Janna instead of Quinn, that has been requested since long ago, people are gonna be quite pissed
> [{quoted}](name=Sancre,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mLnfi5Im,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-15T08:01:39.436+0000) > > If that bird hologram ends up being Janna instead of Quinn, that has been requested since long ago, people are gonna be quite pissed It's not Quinn. That bird is too small to be Valor, and the appearance of the hologram just doesn't fit Quinn's style, in any way. Plus, it is severely lacking in Quinn's "signature" Repeater Crossbow.
: When does the next patch come out?
Highly recommended: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018987893-League-of-Legends-patch-schedule
Barkley (NA)
: I feel like we should have seen some 9.14 notes by now?
For anyone who is confused, go check out the ***official*** patch schedule here: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018987893-League-of-Legends-patch-schedule It will tell you when each patch is planned for release, patch notes typically a day or so before that.
Naalith (NA)
: The new PROJECT set is Pyke, Jinx, Akali, and Irelia
So I've been re-watching the video a bit and noticed something that I think is quite interesting (probably not relevant to this years Project releases, but I think it's noteworthy). So at the end of the trailer we see our 4 Projects standing outside a city (controlled by whatever entity created the Project/Program entities), and within that city we see a couple holograms. You'd probably brush them off as just being "filler", but I think there's something deeper at work. Looking at them, you might just think that the hologram on the left is Ashe, and that makes sense, what with the hood and the bird *[note: "bird" referring to her Hawkshot ability]* (it just *seems* to fit), but you have to consider that there probably wouldn't be a hologram of a "rebel" (particularly of that size) in that city, and Ashe also doesn't use a bird in the Project universe, instead she uses a *drone*. You know who *does* use a similar bird, and who (I think) would fit reasonably well with the Program skin-line? Janna. That said, I honestly can't place who the other hologram might be. Been looking through some possibilities, and I can't figure out who fits that appearance, style and the animation shown. Anyway, what I'm thinking is that it's possibly some kind of hint at future skins, and probably Program skins at that, if not just subtle references to help "flesh out" the Project universe.
: > [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mLnfi5Im,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-15T02:56:23.744+0000) > > I think the thing to consider with Warwick is that he's a *non-human*, which doesn't fit with the traditional style of the Project skins, but *does* fit with the "counterpart" Program skins, so it could be that Warwick wasn't shown because he's getting Program rather than Project like the rest of them. Whilst you're right in that sense, what doesn't add up afterwards is why PROJECT: Warwick was in the youtube tags in the source of the video. If anything, it would have said Program Warwick, right?
> [{quoted}](name=Khaniivore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mLnfi5Im,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T03:10:46.178+0000) > > Whilst you're right in that sense, what doesn't add up afterwards is why PROJECT: Warwick was in the youtube tags in the source of the video. If anything, it would have said Program Warwick, right? Maybe. Could also be that Riot is trying to mislead people. I think it stands to reason that Riot knows people are going to be looking there, and if that want a "surprise reveal", or some kind of unexpected twist with the release, they're not going to be able to have all the information, or all accurate information, accessible in that sense, and keep in mind, we don't see Warwick in the video, just his "blood hunt". Why would Riot feel the need to do that? Maybe it's to hide something about Warwick in this release that they want to stay hidden. All I'm really trying to point out is that Warwick doesn't fit with the *traditional* style of the skin-line, and whether Riot is going to start deviating from that traditional style may be up for debate. Personally, I haven't taken a close look at the video, so I'm really just thinking out loud with this, trying to get people thinking about the possibilities.
: Another year without PROJECT: Quinn
Quinn and Valor need some much needed love, and lets be honest it would be ***so*** easy for Riot to change that name and give Valor the recognition he was supposed to receive from the get go, especially considering they've done no different for a glorified mount (yeh, I said it, no take-backs). They need a rework that gives them an actually unique experience, and is designed to give them ***both*** an intrinsic importance to the "whole". Honestly, though, I'd just love a Project/Star Guardian skin. Lots of potential with them, I think.
: I'm a little interested as to why Warwick's skin design wasn't shown.. I doubt there'll be a singular trailer just for him, but it'd be odd to not include a skin in a teaser where he is relevant. Maybe it's a sign that he's something more.. ? ~~please give me legendary warwick for the love of god i would cash out so hard~~
> [{quoted}](name=Khaniivore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mLnfi5Im,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-14T21:58:00.751+0000) > > I'm a little interested as to why Warwick's skin design wasn't shown.. I doubt there'll be a singular trailer just for him, but it'd be odd to not include a skin in a teaser where he is relevant. Maybe it's a sign that he's something more.. ? I think the thing to consider with Warwick is that he's a *non-human*, which doesn't fit with the traditional style of the Project skins, but *does* fit with the "counterpart" Program skins, so it could be that Warwick wasn't shown because he's getting Program rather than Project like the rest of them.
Vecturn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=BYV9RBOK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-14T10:01:43.109+0000) > > When there are an odd number of players left, one player's team is "duplicated", and sent against the "odd" player, so it's basically just like any "true PvP" round, the only difference being that you can damage the health of the duplicated team's "leader", since it technically doesn't exist. That just raises more questions about the legitimacy of a win against the clone and whether or not it counts against the actually defeated player. Would it not make more sense to make the odd wait like any other ladder match? This seems off, understandably we are still in "beta".
> [{quoted}](name=Vecturn,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=BYV9RBOK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-14T10:14:08.569+0000) > > Would it not make more sense to make the odd wait like any other ladder match? The issue there is then that you get people "skipping rounds", which isn't fair on everyone else who had to fight and potentially lose in that round.
Vecturn (NA)
: Who is playing when there are an odd number of players?
When there are an odd number of players left, one player's team is "duplicated", and sent against the "odd" player, so it's basically just like any "true PvP" round, the only difference being that you can damage the health of the duplicated team's "leader", since it technically doesn't exist.
heroikc (NA)
: If LOL gets LOL 2, what would you add to it?
Balance. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: ok, fair enough, but according to this link you gave me, i was supposed to get a new name prompt when i logged in, which never happened
> [{quoted}](name=Xayah Is Lovely,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=rj782G8z,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-14T04:18:40.487+0000) > > ok, fair enough, but according to this link you gave me, i was supposed to get a new name prompt when i logged in, which never happened That could *possibly* be related to the fact it's a level 1 account, or it could be a bug. You can try contacting [Support](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) about it, but I'm not sure what they'll do, if anything.
: Valor removal / Fiora changes
While I certainly agree that Valor is being underappreciated and underused by Riot, and that the "rework" Quinn and Valor received was blatantly *against* their core thematic, I don't think it's appropriate to "separate" them by making Valor an *independent* champion. To me, that would *also* go against their core thematic of the "duo ranger" style they have. I believe what Riot needs to do is to make Valor a much more intrinsic quality of Quinn and Valor's kit, and that they need to be given some more unique abilities that compliment that thematic, even if it doesn't look anything like their "traditional" style. Ultimately, we're not talking about a "Xayah and Rakan" style relationship here (those two were highly *independent* fighters *before* they met, whereas Quinn and Valor become fighters together, in a way that they very much depend on each other to be effective), it is a highly unique relationship that, in my opinion, doesn't exist with *any* other characters (Lamb and Wolf come close, but again they're different in their own way). If I had to make any suggestion, perhaps a style similar to Cho'Gall in the Heroes of the Storm MOBA, where they exist as a "singular entity" in-game, but controlled by two people, acting independently and counting as two champions, with a very high synergy between them (I'm mainly using this as an example, but it *might* be a valid concept for them too).
: Account name stolen
There exists a summoner name decay system that basically means it *is* possible for names of inactive accounts to be taken by other users. So far as a level 1 account is concerned, it would need to be inactive for 6 months, at which point any other user could claim the name through a summoner name change. You can learn more about Summoner Name Decay on the related Support article; https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751914
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HeartVine,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dpjLztPn,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-13T11:58:25.579+0000) > > Personally, I'd like to see the PvE modes like Invasion and Extraction go onto a regular schedule, and just change which version it is every now and then. It shouldn't be too difficult for Riot to add some more variations of the mode as well, for example the Battlecast/Resistance skins could make for an interesting experience, with Creator Victor being the "end-game boss". Could possibly work in an Arcade variation, too. I do enjoy the PvE modes and wouldn't mind seeing more of them in the future, but if they were to go on a regular rotation schedule would you keep the difficulty settings for each of them, and also how you would you handle the special missions for them?
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dpjLztPn,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-07-13T12:18:59.360+0000) > > I do enjoy the PvE modes and wouldn't mind seeing more of them in the future, but if they were to go on a regular rotation schedule would you keep the difficulty settings for each of them, and also how you would you handle the special missions for them? I'd think that the difficulty settings would *have* to be "restricted" to some degree, because we're talking about something being "permanent", and these modes typically have 5 difficulties (which obviously means 5 different queues for a single mode), so they likely wont have the same amount of use as their initial releases. Maybe remove a couple difficulties, so instead of 5 it's just 3, and personally I'd say remove the "inbetweeners" so you still have the lowest, middle and highest difficulties. So far as missions, I honestly don't think it would be necessary to add in any kind of "mode specific" mission system like TFT currently has. PvE modes have their own appeal, and you're likely to get a lot of players interested just from that. Having some event-based missions achievable in them would make sense, but given what they typically involve you can't expect them *all* to be doable in such modes.
Prandine (NA)
: What Featured Game Mode would you want permanent and why?
Personally, I'd like to see the PvE modes like Invasion and Extraction go onto a regular schedule, and just change which version it is every now and then. It shouldn't be too difficult for Riot to add some more variations of the mode as well, for example the Battlecast/Resistance skins could make for an interesting experience, with Creator Victor being the "end-game boss". Could possibly work in an Arcade variation, too.
: If you were a champion, what would your champion selection quote be?
Pick: Alright, bring on the pain! I've been dying to feel something. Ban: That hurt me more than any bullet ever could... {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: [Fun Activity] Can you think of a Champion Kit from any of the following images?
Alright, I'll take a shot at this. I'm going to go with 2nd last image, the Albino looking guy with the Chemtech looking rifle. I shall call him Steve (just for reference, doesn't have to actually be his name). > **Steve - The Chemtech Gunner** > > Passive: Chemical Warfare > Steve empowers his attacks and abilities using a trademark chemical solution, applying damage over time equal to a small percentage of all damage he has dealt to his target in the last several seconds. > > Q: Heavy Discharge > Steve discharges the full contents of his rifle's chamber in a single shot, shooting a large chemical projectile in a targeted direction, dealing significant damage to the first enemy hit and slowing enemies over a small area. The rifle's chamber will need a short time to refill, during which basic attacks will deal reduced damage. > > W: Gas Grenade > Steve lobs a gas grenade at a target location, detonating on impact to release a cloud of gas over a small area, dealing damage over time and reducing enemy champions visibility\*. Minions and monsters are blinded instead. > \**not like a near-sight or blind, but rather a "fog" over the target player's screen making it harder for them to see what's happening* > > E: Chemical Adhesive > Steve targets an enemy with a chemical glue mixture which will cause them to stick to any of their allies they come into contact with for a short duration. While stuck to their ally, both units will have reduced movement, and will not be able to move independently. > > R: Chem-Spray > Steve rapidly discharges his chem-tank by spraying enemies in a cone in front of him, dealing damage, slowing all enemies hit and reducing enemy champions visibility (minions and monsters blinded instead). Steve is unable to move while spraying, but can change the direction and precision\* of the spray. Steve's chem-tank will need time to refill after using Chem-Spray, during which he will deal reduced damage using basic attacks and Heavy Discharge. > \**In changing the "precision" players will be able to make the cone longer and thinner, or shorter and thicker, to a specific minimum/maximum, by moving the mouse closer/further to/from Steve. Changing direction and precision is a gradual movement (think similar to Vel'Koz Ult in that respect)*
: even if the streamers are high profiles witch hunting shouldn't be ok in one case and not in an other it's about the principle the threads are pretty hateful in themselves how can they turn into 'hate threads' lol
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TLKwQ4QF,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-09T07:10:12.253+0000) > > even if the streamers are high profiles witch hunting shouldn't be ok in one case and not in an other it's about the principle the threads are pretty hateful in themselves how can they turn into 'hate threads' lol "Witch hunting" isn't ok in either case, but there's also a difference between "witch hunting" and "name and shame". Because of the situation in high profile cases, "name and shame" doesn't exactly apply because people already know about it and who's involved. The "witch hinting" in such cases should still be dealt with, but discussions aren't going to be locked/deleted just because it *might* lead into such a situation, only when it actually does.
: no dude u are just silencing people who want to speak about and bring up assholes they met in game with this rule how are u even arguing for the minority of cases and people should just turn their brains on and not attack people instantly without verifying and they would be fine
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TLKwQ4QF,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-09T06:53:54.197+0000) > > no dude u are just silencing people who want to speak about and bring up assholes they met in game with this rule how are u even arguing for the minority of cases and people should just turn their brains on and not attack people instantly without verifying and they would be fine You're right, people *should* be taking the time to think "maybe this guy isn't telling the truth", but unfortunately most people will just believe whatever they see first, especially when it falls within their own world view, and act based on that, hence why the rule exists. Keep in mind, there's nothing stopping you from calling these players out beyond Riot's jurisdiction, it's just a rule that applies to the boards, in-game, and Riot's sub-reddit, pretty much.
: innocent lmfao there's no such thing as an innocent player getting witch hunted people won't waste their time to get someone hated for no reason except in very rare cases maybe, there's no smoke with no fire
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TLKwQ4QF,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-09T06:42:57.315+0000) > > innocent lmfao > > there's no such thing as an innocent player getting witch hunted people won't waste their time to get someone hated for no reason except in very rare cases maybe, there's no smoke with no fire I've known a lot of players to "cry wolf" in situations where there wasn't one. It tends to happen in situations where people are tilted, aren't thinking clearly, and making connections that aren't there. Situations where people see someone die once, and then jump to the conclusion that "they're feeding", when it's probably just a situation where that player has got a bad match-up, or in a situation they're not used to. It *does* happen, and in those situations it's important to make sure players aren't going to get harassed because someone else was full on with the negativity bias. There are also players who just generally don't give a shit and will try to witch hunt others for personal enjoyment. In both situations, there can certainly be ""smoke without fire".
Show more

HeartVine

Level 84 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion