rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=0001000000030000,timestamp=2019-01-03T21:21:31.186+0000) > > While that's likely true for 99% of cases where nothing turns up, I'd imagine that there's a condition that sends a copy of the process list to Riot's anti-hack team if things look suspicious, to check for other cheats they may have missed. I would very highly doubt that - Riot has a very solid and very conservative legal team, and this is at best shakily legal to do without express consent each time. Plus, the implementation that's 89% certainly being used is one that is pretty standard around the compsci industry, and it is a fully contained local check - which doesn't even require internet to run.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=00010000000300000000,timestamp=2019-01-03T21:24:08.206+0000) > > I would very highly doubt that - Riot has a very solid and very conservative legal team, and this is at best shakily legal to do without express consent each time. > > Plus, the implementation that's 89% certainly being used is one that is pretty standard around the compsci industry, and it is a fully contained local check - which doesn't even require internet to run. Yeah you're right. I think riot have earned enough trust from me to think they were not deliberately targeting the exposed information and might not even be aware of it. I was probably too hasty in assuming it was malicious. Still it doesn't sit comfortably with me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-03T16:49:04.160+0000) > > I'm well aware. Having access to a list of processes your computer is running and taking advantage of what is obviously a privacy oversight by browser developers to glean more information about the specific contents you're browsing are VERY separate things. > > I don't want to expose the title of every tab I have open to riot for their viewing pleasure, and I'm sure 99% of users would say the same and probably be offended just for asking. Dude, chill out. RIot won't judge you for using PornHub instead of XVideos.
> [{quoted}](name=Necroash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-01-03T17:18:02.286+0000) > > Dude, chill out. RIot won't judge you for using PornHub instead of XVideos. I only watch 2d, can't you tell?
: This is perfectly normal and isn't malicious. Microsoft designed a way for people to retrieve a list of processes that your computer is running. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/psapi/enumerating-all-processes In the case of Google Chrome, every tab is a seperate process so you can use the above function to get the title of all open browser tabs and all other programs currently running on your computer. This has nothing to do with browser history.
> [{quoted}](name=Tundra Fizz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-03T16:39:11.487+0000) > > This is perfectly normal and isn't malicious. Microsoft designed a way for people to retrieve a list of processes that your computer is running. > > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/psapi/enumerating-all-processes > > In the case of Google Chrome, every tab is a seperate process so you can use the above function to get the title of all open browser tabs and all other programs currently running on your computer. This has nothing to do with browser history. I'm well aware. Having access to a list of processes your computer is running and taking advantage of what is obviously a privacy oversight by browser developers to glean more information about the specific contents you're browsing are VERY separate things. I don't want to expose the title of every tab I have open to riot for their viewing pleasure, and I'm sure 99% of users would say the same and probably be offended just for asking.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-03T15:47:22.931+0000) > > Yes as in, they collect details about 'the software' I'm using. E.g. Browser type, version number. Details about the software, not it's contents. Or at least that's how I understood it. Well you understood it wrong. I guess this is the stuff companies can get away with when you don't read the fine print {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Necroash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-03T15:58:06.071+0000) > > Well you understood it wrong. I guess this is the stuff companies can get away with when you don't read the fine print > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} I read it, I've read it at least 20 times over the years. It changes often and it's deliberately worded in a way to cause confusion. However this is just to let people who haven't read it, misunderstood it, or agreed but assumed they'd never actually do it out of trust for the company know that yes they are actually tracking your browser activity.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-03T15:35:30.436+0000) > > No where in there does it state they are collecting information from things that are not part of riots services, e.g. their website and their game client. And based on the reception from the other threads mentioning this and the youtube video I think most people are completely unaware of this even if their deliberately misleading word salad of a terms of use somehow covers it. > > If you somehow deciphered that and figured out they were monitoring your browsing and then agreed to it. Well you're a smarter man than I and you can disregard this comment as its an PSA for those who didn't know. B. Info We Collect Automatically Your connection to the Riot services, including details about the network **_and software you’re using_** (such as browser type and version, operating system name and version, ISP, and your preference settings); ___ They dont monitor your browser specifically. Each tab is a process nowadays, and process description is usually the name of the tab. Basically, what riot does is "tasklist /V" and check if "cheat engine" is in the result.
> [{quoted}](name=RandomIsHere,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-03T15:39:54.966+0000) > > B. Info We Collect Automatically > Your connection to the Riot services, including details about the network **_and software you’re using_** (such as browser type and version, operating system name and version, ISP, and your preference settings); > ___ > > They dont monitor your browser specifically. > Each tab is a process nowadays, and process description is usually the name of the tab. > Basically, what riot does is "tasklist /V" and check if "cheat engine" is in the result. Yes as in, they collect details about 'the software' I'm using. E.g. Browser type, version number. Details about the software, not it's contents. Or at least that's how I understood it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-03T15:19:18.191+0000) > > I never made any claims that they do, I said they 'could'. If they're checking the title of my browser process, what's to say they're not checking the contents? even if they're not checking the contents, you can tell a lot of personal information about a person from the title of their browser tabs. **Information I never agreed to give out. ** > > Would you be comfortable letting anyone search through a list of every webpage title you've ever visited? I think most people would not be. Except for the fact you actually **did** agree to it upon creating your account and installing the game. [Privacy Policy](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/privacy) [Terms of Use](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#consent-monitoring)
> [{quoted}](name=Projectile Vomit,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-03T15:22:46.989+0000) > > Except for the fact you actually DID agree to it when creating your account. > > [Privacy Policy](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/privacy) > [Terms of Use](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#consent-monitoring) No where in there does it state they are collecting information from things that are not part of riots services, e.g. their website and their game client. And based on the reception from the other threads mentioning this and the youtube video I think most people are completely unaware of this even if their deliberately misleading word salad of a terms of use somehow covers it. If you somehow deciphered that and figured out they were monitoring your browsing and then agreed to it. Well you're a smarter man than I and you can disregard this comment as its an PSA for those who didn't know.
: Lol, all these claims without any grounds whatsoever It checks process names, not your history, files or anything of the like.
> [{quoted}](name=Projectile Vomit,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gfkboiMF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-03T15:07:23.305+0000) > > Lol, all these claims without any grounds whatsoever > > It checks process names, not your history, files or anything of the like. I never made any claims that they do, I said they 'could'. If they're checking the title of my browser process, what's to say they're not checking the contents? even if they're not checking the contents, you can tell a lot of personal information about a person from the title of their browser tabs. Information I never agreed to give out. Would you be comfortable letting anyone search through a list of every webpage title you've ever visited? I think most people would not be.
Rioter Comments
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MkNAelF2,comment-id=000100030000000300000000,timestamp=2018-06-21T01:18:31.651+0000) > > 1%!! hope I don't end up with you in my squad! ;) ;) That definitely doesn't mean I have a defeatist approach to the game lol. It just means that I enter the game with my own objectives to define "success" and while those objects include getting a chicken dinner, they aren't limited to it. What I'm saying with that is those games empower me to define my own success rather than having it pre-defined for me. Both states of success (defined and undefined) are extremely valid, and I play both at different points :D. However its nice to have that choice is all.
Just a joke buddy. I'd be more than happy to end up with you in my squad. Just poking fun at the 1%. I rarely play to get a chicken because PUBG is an odd game, with some IMO poorly designed mechanics. The whole game is designed to incentivize you to _avoid_ all combat and fights, If you want to win. I ranked 30 on my whole server with close to a 30% chicken ratio simply by avoiding every fight that you don't absolutely have to take. Even when people are shooting at you, if you want to win then you basically just disengage and leave and let the people who are drawn to the gun fire kill each other. So yeah, if you want to actually have fun, it's going to mean you're only going to chicken once or twice a day.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VJJ4cBab,comment-id=00000002000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2018-06-29T01:45:50.620+0000) > > If you say the light switch is not turned on, then _while technically you didn't say_ the light switch is off. For the purposes of reasonable discussion we can assume you said the light switch is off. > > Assuming you didn't lie or deliberately misrepresent your original statements then you must be working as a level designer on something that is not league of legends, but uses the league of legends IP. Or I could be using my level designer skills in some other capacity. Riot isn't very big on titles, and you can do a lot of things that aren't exactly what another studio would consider your 'job description' :) Sorry, it's not going to be that simple.
I was careful to not use the word "game", as I figured that was probably the case. Though I'd argue taking the title "level designer" for anything that isn't a game is by definition incorrect and deliberately intended to confuse. In which case you can probably understand why people attempt to put words in your mouth and speculate based on common understanding of your job title, as opposed to something which might be a bit more representative of your actual responsibilities. Still my curiosity still remains as strong as ever over all these years as to what it is you're actually doing and will continue to be subtly trolled by you probably for many more years.{{sticker:sg-janna}}
: > [{quoted}](name=C meLoL,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VJJ4cBab,comment-id=000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-28T22:40:52.305+0000) > > xD > > So you're saying you are a level designer for a game that uses league IP but is not league? Hmm interesting. What is with people putting words in my mouth? :P I didn't say that.
If you say the light switch is not turned on, then _while technically you didn't say_ the light switch is off. For the purposes of reasonable discussion we can assume you said the light switch is off. Assuming you didn't lie or deliberately misrepresent your original statements then you must be working as a level designer on something that is not league of legends, but uses the league of legends IP.
Zac x Me (NA)
: how is it accurate if you can't even honor the enemy team or when you get penalized for not honoring at all?
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AZNJ9wMF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-26T23:09:25.457+0000) > > how is it accurate if you can't even honor the enemy team or when you get penalized for not honoring at all? So much this, ridiculous that I have a team of 4 people being toxic to each other, and yet my own honor suffers if I do not falsely honor one of them. And other times where the enemy was being incredibly sportsmanlike and I can't even honor them.
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SoundChaosDebug,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MkNAelF2,comment-id=0001000300000003,timestamp=2018-06-21T00:40:48.289+0000) > > Doesn't matter how many times you tell people to eat shit and grin, there will always be happy to shovel the shit into the grinning mouth knowing neither of them will win. > > Is being "happy" all that riot cares about now, and not winning at all? Despite every game change and mechanic change being around pro play? > > Why did cloud9 and skt both bench their a team instead of telling them to eat shit and grin??? For me, thats correct: Winning at League isn't the point. I play to express and build community, and winning is a marker of that but only a marker. Its kinda like how money is a sign of success, but not success itself. So yea creating an environment where players enjoy themselves and have fun is kinda the point. A great example is Fortnite and PUBG. Both games you enter fully realizing that you have (in an even field) a 1% chance to win, so the goal is to have fun and enjoy the ride with the rewards coming in other formats. I personally love that intent, cause it means that the game isn't zero sum. You don't derive joy purely from the misfortune of others :).
1%!! hope I don't end up with you in my squad! ;) ;)
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MkNAelF2,comment-id=00010002000000010002000100000001,timestamp=2018-06-17T06:42:33.921+0000) > > This is bullhicky tbh. The experiments only prove that some positive reinforcement is better than some negative reinforcement. As It's_ impossible to objectively weigh a negative or positive event_ therefore you can never get say that one has more effect than the other. > > E.g. cutting off someones leg when they press a red button is going to be more effective of a lesson than giving them a thank you when they don't. But we have no way to weigh these events to be equal in negativity and positivity. > > One thing we can say is that the whole human brain is designed to remember negative experience more vividly and strongly. The research goes deeper than that, but again I don't want to get into the minutia of it all since I don't feel like typing out a peer reviewed essay lol. If people are interested in this area though go check it out! Its an interesting space of psychology
I am interested, and I've read a lot on it. And I appreciate the point you're making generally speaking. But boiling it down to a statement as it's basically always done that "positive reinforcement is more effective than negative reinforcement" is factually incorrect. As proved by my above example. Cutting someones arm off is going to have more of an impact on guiding behavior than giving them a pat on the back. This is because it's literally impossible to scientifically weigh a subjective quality like a negative or positive experience to determine if you're applying equal measures on both parts. If you can link me to anything, know of any books, papers etc where they use some method to get around this I'd be VERY VERY interested.
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MkNAelF2,comment-id=000100020000000100020001,timestamp=2018-06-16T03:03:26.838+0000) > > To the contrary, they do. For example, not to pick on Yasuo players, but... > > Yasuo: (dies) gg im done > Me: We can still win this > Yasuo: lol, this team > > The reason is that players who rage or grief or give up when they tilt are toxic. Like playground bullies who see their smiling peers as taunting them, they see nice comments as sarcasm or insults because that’s how they understand human nature. They think everyone is a jerk like them since, well, projecting is part of being a jerk. > > That’s why nice-ness alone cannot drive this breed of toxicity out. If we want to remove its pernicuous effect from the game, then it must be identified and punished like the more obvious misdeeds of flaming, or running it down mid. In your Yasuo example, the yas player isn't in any worse condition than he was before o.o. Sure the kind words didn't help, but it also didn't worsen the situation (unlike telling him to uninstall for instance). I also don't want to get into the minutia of all this, but dropping that ban hammer (aka negative punishment via operant conditioning) is actually the less effective way to encourage behavior. The better way is positive rewards conditioning (rewarding when positive behavior is shown). The research is fascinating :), did most of my undergrad on this stuff. Reference: Coon, D & Mitterer, JO. Introduction to Psychology: Gateways to Mind and Behavior. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning; 2010. Salkind, NJ & Rasmussen, K. Encyclopedia of Educational Psychology, Volume 1. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications; 2008.
This is bullhicky tbh. The experiments only prove that some positive reinforcement is better than some negative reinforcement. As It's_ impossible to objectively weigh a negative or positive event_ therefore you can never get say that one has more effect than the other. E.g. cutting off someones leg when they press a red button is going to be more effective of a lesson than giving them a thank you when they don't. But we have no way to weigh these events to be equal in negativity and positivity. One thing we can say is that the whole human brain is designed to remember negative experience more vividly and strongly.
ƒrostγ (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Amasa Delano,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MkNAelF2,comment-id=00010002000000010000,timestamp=2018-06-14T05:43:20.223+0000) > > A strong mentality is one of the most important things you can have. It doesn't give you more skill, but a strong mental game helps unleash the skill you already have. If someone's feeding/doing poorly, sometimes they just need some help with their mental game. But it doesn't matter. If you already fed the enemy you'll get oneshotted anyway. This isn't season 4 where you could make a comeback from a seemingly lost game.
Victory becomes less probable, but it's never over. The goal when climbing is to increase your odds of winning and decrease your odds of losing, all actions matter even if they only effect your game odds by half a percent. You can only do what you can do to increase your odds, such as being positive and playing your best. Similarly you should avoid doing things that decrease your odds, such as being negative. As for the things you can't do anything about ignore then. Because by definition there is nothing you can do about them.
: We speculated about this a lot during Pyke's development. We have an answer, I'm curious to hear what you guys think about it before we share ours.
Do you plan to share your answer in this thread at some point? or are you going to reveal it in another way. (_so I can stop manically refreshing this page every hour_) worse than click bait this response :P
Zullar (NA)
: I wasn't very clear. High ELO to me is like Plat (top 3%?) and Diamond (top 1%) of players. Ryze's win rate is pretty bad even for those brackets. Then there's master/challenger level players which is 0.1% of the playerbase I think. Ryze is good there for challenger skill players w/ organized teams. But it's such a small percent of player base I think the 99.9% of us should outweigh those 0.1%. Regarding should Riot balance around case #1 or #2... I also think they should balance around case #1. But I don't think Riot does. Look at Azir/Ryze/Kalista all nerfed into oblivion purely due to are due to pro play. And a lot of the highest win rate champs for regular players aren't touched (since pro's don't use them) like Nami, Brand, Udyr, Fizz. When they nerf a 44% average win rate champ (Ryze ranked #139/140), while leaving a 54% average win rate champ (ranked #1/140) alone they really appear to be balancing by case #2, not regular players and average win rate. Most people don't care... but if you were a Ryze main you'd be as upset as me :P
> [{quoted}](name=Zullar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5lrpdsKm,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-04-25T07:55:45.930+0000) > > When they nerf a 44% average win rate champ (Ryze ranked #139/140), while leaving a 54% average win rate champ (ranked #1/140) alone they really appear to be balancing by case #2, not regular players and average win rate. > > Most people don't care... but if you were a Ryze main you'd be as upset as me :P I've had tonnes of my champions nerfed into unuseability because of there prevalence at high elo. So I can understand where you're coming on. Most champions DO fall around the 50% win rate mark though. As for the ones at the extreme bottom or extreme top. That's usually because of their strengths and weaknesses being centered in certain niche area's as explained above. Balancing all champions to a 50% winrate exactly will take a way a lot of unique champion kits and designs that fill those niche designs. If you want decent amounts of choice and strategy then you have to deal with certain champions being stronger or weaker at different elos. If you want to main a champion that has an extremely high skill cap and team reliance like ryze, then the onus is on you to get better. Similiarly, if you want to main a champion with 0 depth and all point and click abilities in ultra high elo, the you have to come to terms with the fact you'll never be competitive. Most players are average skills, and most champions are balanced to average skill. Some players are really good and some champions are balanced to really good. Some players are really bad and some champions are balanced to really bad. I feel this is the most accurate way to balance personally. As everyone gets something fun to play.
Zullar (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5lrpdsKm,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-25T00:27:07.695+0000) > > Those numbers were from leaguestats, but even if you look at OP.GG, you can see that in challenger/masters he has a +50% winrate. [In challenger it's 54% ](https://puu.sh/A9NSR/c06cc040e1.png). > > So yeah The evidence is all there dude. Up to you if you want to believe it or not. I know that Ryze is strong for the best of the best of the best otherwise pro's wouldn't be picking him. But again the balance team has 2 general choices. 1. Balance around the average players. Champions will be nearly balanced for most players. However their balance will be poor for extremely low skill or extremely high skill players. 2. Balance for the challenger/master/pro’s (the top 0.1%). Champion balance will be good for the top 0.1% of the players but poor for the other 99.9%. What option do you think is better?
> [{quoted}](name=Zullar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5lrpdsKm,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-25T02:26:52.261+0000) > > I know that Ryze is strong for the best of the best of the best otherwise pro's wouldn't be picking him. - > Everybody just keeps repeating "Ryze is OP in high ELO" because they heard it somewhere... even though its not true. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} But to answer your question, Obviously the choice is one. And that's how riot actually balance. However there will always be exceptions. I don't see there being anything wrong with a few champions that perform really well at high levels of play but not so well at lower levels of play. As long as it's only a few. Typically all champions that require exceedingly good team coordination perform poorly at low elo. So if riot were to balance all those champions they would essentially not be any characters that could perform well in this area.
Ekitaih (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UvJJunL4,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-04-25T00:24:19.618+0000) > > My level is really low, because levels were only released recently. Even though you are a higher level than me, I've put WAY more hours into this game. No, I get that. I'm just saying that since last time Urfwick was released, I've put in tons of time and I wasn't able to earn enough yet. That's all I was saying there. XD
> [{quoted}](name=Ekitaih,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UvJJunL4,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-25T01:24:31.806+0000) > > No, I get that. I'm just saying that since last time Urfwick was released, I've put in tons of time and I wasn't able to earn enough yet. That's all I was saying there. XD Yeah fair enough. But if you earnt in less than year what took me like 7 years I'd be pretty sad.
Zullar (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5lrpdsKm,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-04-24T23:17:11.318+0000) > > [It's 49.5% in diamond](https://puu.sh/A9LNz/3e5ae0e3fa.png)+ and he still sees decent amounts play in LCS and the highest level of games. Where as other champions with incredibly high winrates don't. So obviously it's true. Unless you think you know more about what champions are strong than the literal best players in the world. I get different numbers than you from op.gg. What site are you looking at?
> [{quoted}](name=Zullar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5lrpdsKm,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-25T00:05:06.209+0000) > > I get different numbers than you from op.gg. What site are you looking at? Those numbers were from leaguestats, but even if you look at OP.GG, you can see that in challenger/masters he has a +50% winrate. [In challenger it's 54% ](https://puu.sh/A9NSR/c06cc040e1.png). So yeah The evidence is all there dude. Up to you if you want to believe it or not.
Ekitaih (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UvJJunL4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-24T23:12:10.098+0000) > > It's for people who've been playing since season 1. That's when I started playing and I had just enough to buy the skin. It was designed as a way for people who had tonnes and tonnes of extra essence to actually be able to use it on something. Even then there's still some people who brought it and still have hundreds of thousands of essence with nothing to do with it. Rip. I mean. There are people who have been playing since S1 who aren't as high a level as me. Like, I wanted it so badddd... Q.Q
> [{quoted}](name=Ekitaih,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UvJJunL4,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-24T23:39:53.490+0000) > > Rip. I mean. There are people who have been playing since S1 who aren't as high a level as me. Like, I wanted it so badddd... Q.Q My level is really low, because levels were only released recently. Even though you are a higher level than me, I've put WAY more hours into this game.
COM1X (NA)
: New ways to get Blue Essence?
Riot have released the math multiple time. New system actually gives more "ip" than the old one. So it's not ridiculously hard to get, it just feels that way.
Zullar (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5lrpdsKm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-24T22:39:41.385+0000) > > His winrate is low in solo queue, and low elo. But it's average in high elo, and above average in premade high elo. Ryze is not average in high ELO. In diamond (top 1% of players) Ryze is 46% win rate, ranked #117/140. Everybody just keeps repeating "Ryze is OP in high ELO" because they heard it somewhere... even though its not true.
> [{quoted}](name=Zullar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5lrpdsKm,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-24T23:12:26.638+0000) > > Ryze is not average in high ELO. In diamond (top 1% of players) Ryze is 46% win rate, ranked #117/140. > > Everybody just keeps repeating "Ryze is OP in high ELO" because they heard it somewhere... even though its not true. [It's 49.5% in diamond](https://puu.sh/A9LNz/3e5ae0e3fa.png)+ and he still sees decent amounts play in LCS and the highest level of games. Where as other champions with incredibly high winrates don't. So obviously it's true. Unless you think you know more about what champions are strong than the literal best players in the world.
Ekitaih (NA)
: 73 levels later and still no Urfwick...
It's for people who've been playing since season 1. That's when I started playing and I had just enough to buy the skin. It was designed as a way for people who had tonnes and tonnes of extra essence to actually be able to use it on something. Even then there's still some people who brought it and still have hundreds of thousands of essence with nothing to do with it.
Zullar (NA)
: When You Nerf the 2nd Worst Champ in the Game...
His winrate is low in solo queue, and low elo. But it's average in high elo, and above average in premade high elo.
Felbhu (NA)
: RIOT PLEASE
1) It's an ARAM. 2) Probably playing a champion he was unfamiliar with. 3) I bet you a million dollars you have also had a score similar to that occasionally. Hell my challenger friends have scores similar to that sometimes. We all have bad games.
: How to fix ranked
1) no need, if you're significantly more skilled than the people you are playing against you will already progress MMR faster. 2) good concept, I'd be keen for this. Almost definitely would have the problem of fragmenting the player base too heavily. And would inflate out queue times massively due to the lack of supports. 3) winrate is not always representative of skill. You can be in bronze and have a 90% win rate, and you can be in diamond and have a 45% win rate. For example if you play a few games every day over the season and lose a lot, but then practice heaps in solo toward the end of the season and suddenly win lots of matches pushing your elo up high. You would have a very low total win rate due to all the games you lost early in the season. (and also most useless as basically every player is extremely close to a 50% winrate after enough games anyway)
: Ranked update: 1 win 1 loss in promos that came after 2 wins in silver V
Two tips to help you. 1) Some games are unwinnable, but some games are also unloseable. Come to terms with and accept this. Sometimes you will carry sometimes you will get carried, and assuming your win rate is around 50% the chance of both is about the same. 2) There is ALWAYS something you could have done better. Even the worlds best players seek to improve themselves and look at ways they could have played better. Instead of looking at others to see how they could have done better, look at yourself. Improving others won't help you climb, nor do most players want to be "improved" unless they ask for advice directly.
: If that were true there wouldn't be thousands of threads about being banned. So in fact my experience is shared by many other people. I know that you're just talking for the sake of talking but you really should research the things you say before you say them.
There's thousands of people complaining about being banned because no one likes to be punished. If you ask prison inmates how they feel about the justice system, you'll see a lot more people complaining about it too. While the system suffers from a number of issues, like catering to the vocal minority. (e.g. if one person has a negative experience every game you play in but 8 people have a positive one you'll still be banned despite overall making the community experience better). And perma banning being useless as a punishment because it just shifts players into the low level community. And while I don't personally agree with riot taking on the responsibility of moral gaurdians and treating their player base like children who need to be punished for saying bad words, their system has reduced the number of gameplay related trolls like griefers, afkers, and rage quitters. So I think it's a net positive.
: Reframing this so that a player, or a rioter could even begin to approach this as a topic would probably do you good. As it is right now there is a lot of opinion stated as facts. Saying your opening up a conversation is extremely disengenous if you take even a tiny look at the tone used here.
Personally I feel if riot was actually interested in approaching this topic they would have posted on one of the many well thought out and reasoned posts on this topic that pop up often. But of course riot only responds to the over the top abuse click baity posts, further fostering this kind of behavior. You can however read one of the many thoughtful comments below about the short comings of the new system. Namely lack of choice, too heavy power warping balance.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EsiFV92I,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T15:59:13.485+0000) > > "the majority", if even 1% use it, that's 1% more feedback than usual. I'd consider that to have "worked" based on my intent which is more accurate feedback. > > In reality however evidence proves your statement wrong, similar things have been tried. See facebook for example, where they opted out of a dislike button for a range of emotive responses. All of which regularly get used. > > And even if that were not true, and you were right, then we'd be left with the same broken system we already have. It wouldn't be better or worse, so a change like this can only be an improvement. There is nothing to lose. But if the intent is to create clarity within feedback and it is still misused so that clarity isn't given, then it is ultimately a failure and not even an improvement.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EsiFV92I,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T17:23:59.140+0000) > > But if the intent is to create clarity within feedback and it is still misused so that clarity isn't given, then it is ultimately a failure and not even an improvement. The intent is to create more clarity not 100% clarity, no system is perfect nor does it have to be to be an improvement over the current system. And to be honest with the right wording/options I doubt many people would deliberately pick the wrong sub-option just to troll. Especially for the positive options for upvotes if there was something like "this is funny". That way we could sort out funny posts from serious discussion.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EsiFV92I,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-04-07T15:40:43.628+0000) > > Just a suggested option, I didn't put too much thought into what specific sub-options should be offered. Just that more information about what people liked or didn't like about your post is generally helpful and can make sorting/looking for feedback easier. The point is that it wouldn't work because the majority would still misuse said voting as they do now.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EsiFV92I,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T15:50:34.621+0000) > > The point is that it wouldn't work because the majority would still misuse said voting as they do now. "the majority", if even 1% use it, that's 1% more feedback than usual. I'd consider that to have "worked" based on my intent which is more accurate feedback. In reality however evidence proves your statement wrong, similar things have been tried. See facebook for example, where they opted out of a dislike button for a range of emotive responses. All of which regularly get used. And even if that were not true, and you were right, then we'd be left with the same broken system we already have. It wouldn't be better or worse, so a change like this can only be an improvement. There is nothing to lose.
Audhulma (NA)
: Whichever one is closest to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo is the one people are going to use though
> [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EsiFV92I,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-07T15:22:04.030+0000) > > Whichever one is closest to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo is the one people are going to use though Perhaps some would. But not all. Other websites that have tried similar things prove that people will use it.
: The problem is that people will downvote with "inaccurate" no matter how much evidence is inside a post given that they disagree with it.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EsiFV92I,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-07T15:07:06.052+0000) > > The problem is that people will downvote with "inaccurate" no matter how much evidence is inside a post given that they disagree with it. Just a suggested option, I didn't put too much thought into what specific sub-options should be offered. Just that more information about what people liked or didn't like about your post is generally helpful and can make sorting/looking for feedback easier.
saltran (EUW)
: And this post gets downvoted OMEGALUL Kinda sad
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EsiFV92I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-07T14:27:52.232+0000) > > And this post gets downvoted OMEGALUL > > Kinda sad Was always going to happen.
Rioter Comments
InTheory (EUW)
: @Maple Nectar: Boots (long response)
Not sure how this doesn't have move views/upvotes.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 30
Glad to see the pantheon changes are still coming thanks for the info. As a pantheon support main I've been very sad recently, then regretting my less than polite "told you so" response to when you last brought it up.
: At a certain point, it amazes me how much people want to focus the blame on the wrong person.
Don't put the blame on anyone full stop. Blaming others won't help you get better, it wont help you win more games and it won't help you win that particular game. No body wants your advice unless they are specifically ask for it. Just always play your best and if someone is legitimately griefing and being abusive then report them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Talon12,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O98ZvEji,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-29T07:48:03.010+0000) > > the sole way to get banned in this game is either reach frontpage on reddit, steal money/creditcard details and use them or say a couple swearwords in a game, everything else goes scott free xD , the words i said were pretty nasty , but if you read the faq , technically by the offical riot rules , and through context , the words i said should be null and void {{champion:38}} and a chat restriction should be the actual punishment i face but im not here to argue , i needed the wake-up call and i dont think a chat restriction wouldve changed me , only the good ole 2 week ban
> [{quoted}](name=o GangPlank o,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O98ZvEji,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-03-29T07:54:05.024+0000) > > xD , the words i said were pretty nasty , but if you read the faq , technically by the offical riot rules , and through context , the words i said should be null and void {{champion:38}} > > and a chat restriction should be the actual punishment i face > > but im not here to argue , i needed the wake-up call and i dont think a chat restriction wouldve changed me , only the good ole 2 week ban. Do you think a total chat ban, both sending and receiving any messages would have stopped you being toxic, or do you feel like you would have gone on to trolling by griefing and afking instead.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sVkry9Ec,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-29T03:02:12.350+0000) > > I mean they straight up admit that it was more or less an after thought. It is much less than an afterthought. It was a shameless cashgrab.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sVkry9Ec,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-03-29T04:32:18.767+0000) > > It is much less than an afterthought. It was a shameless cashgrab. Perhaps, that is after all the purposes of all businesses. But I personally think it makes the zelda's more interesting now. I'm more excited to see how they will fit into the time line etc. As long as they stick to it from here on out and use it to further the franchise instead of a 1 of cash grab. I'm OK with it.
: There Is No Zelda Timeline
I mean they straight up [admit that it was more or less an after thought](https://www.hiddentriforce.com/aonuma-admits-flaws-in-zelda-timeline/). But there's nothing wrong with retconning previous work to fit into an evolving broader idea later for the evolution of a product. Hell riot scrapped their whole original lore to do the same sort of thing.
: What am I doing, legally, when I 'purchase' a skin from the LoL store?
You can think of it like buying a pass to use a slide at a water park. The water slide isn't yours, but you can use it as long as you're in the park.
: I miss the old days
Game length is more or less the same as it has always been since season 1. Players are still just as bad as they have always been, and average kills/deaths per game is the same as it's always been. The game hasn't changed, your perception of it has as you've learnt more about it. The better you become the easier you can capitalize on enemies mistakes and visa versa, making comebacks harder and allowing you to know when a game is probably over earlier.
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t4uafM3T,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-03-25T06:03:50.422+0000) > > I play a wide variety of champions, doesn't bother me wanting people to learn more champions. > > I do think however think hard counters are terrible design choice for gameplay enjoment. Losing a lane because someone picked after you doesn't add skill. All lanes should be skill match ups. Not who got the lucky blind pick or picked last. > > Sitting for 15 minutes under tower having a really bad game because the enemy picked your counter could literally not be any less fun, or have any less skill involved. Diana hard counters Katarina. I have been on both sides of this matchup---I have won (and lost) both sides of this matchup, even when I had the alleged advantage/disadvantage. Assuming equal skill, Diana will beat Katarina, but as we all know, equal skill doesn't really exist---particularly in the current matchmaking system. More to the point, if you outplay your opponent, you can still win even if you are hard countered... not saying it's easy and there will be times you are simply overwhelmed by the situation, but I have no problem with there being counters to certain picks. I understand what you're saying, though... If you're behind in this game it's no fun, if you're behind to a champion that counters you, it feels like you just want to AFK. So I do see your perspective, but so long as Riot leaves some room for outplay potential, I'm fine with it.
> [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t4uafM3T,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-03-25T06:21:00.652+0000) > > but so long as Riot leaves some room for outplay potential, I'm fine with it. Agreed more or less, but the higher you go up in elo, the less chance there is for this. By Diamond/Masters the pick basically 90% decides the lane already. Because everyone has 100% grasp of their strengths and weaknesses it leaves very little room to outplay. Only very occasionally upsets due primarily to bad luck. I don't think they need to keep pushing this further. I don't think it's fun to watch in competitive one sided lanes, and I don't think its' fun to play. And judging by how down voted his original comments are I doubt you'd find many players who think one sided pre-decided lanes should be _more_ prevalent than they already are.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5UAeYMqI,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-03-25T05:59:55.781+0000) > > I see supplements and over the counter things like panadol and cough medicine, nothing with the side effect of death though. That true. EDIT: I probably read the initial post wrong, now I think about it. I'd thought you were expressing disbelief that meds get advertised on TV, now re-reading again I think you're just asking which drugs get advertised on TV. MB.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5UAeYMqI,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-25T06:01:59.488+0000) > > That true. > > EDIT: I probably read the initial post wrong, now I think about it. I'd thought you were expressing disbelief that meds get advertised on TV, now re-reading again I think you're just asking which drugs get advertised on TV. MB. I can see the confusion, to clarify I was asking what medications are being listed because it sounds like they were listing medications that you can't buy over the counter. In Australia you can only advertise over the counter medicines. And at least to my knowledge none of those have a side effect of death.
: What??? You mean they want to try and introduce more strategy to the game so that you may have to learn more than just one champion to play? THOSE MONSTERS!
> [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t4uafM3T,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-25T05:43:46.016+0000) > > What??? > > You mean they want to try and introduce more strategy to the game so that you may have to learn more than just one champion to play? > > THOSE MONSTERS! I play a wide variety of champions, doesn't bother me wanting people to learn more champions. I do think however think hard counters are terrible design choice for gameplay enjoment. Losing a lane because someone picked after you doesn't add skill. All lanes should be skill match ups. Not who got the lucky blind pick or picked last. Sitting for 15 minutes under tower having a really bad game because the enemy picked your counter could literally not be any less fun, or have any less skill involved.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5UAeYMqI,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-25T05:43:43.562+0000) > > What medicines get listed on tv? America is weird. What, you've never seen Panadol, Voltaren or Telfast or whatever get advertised on TV here? Like I don't even own a TV and the only exposures I get is from the free TV in Maccas or whatever restaurants that happen to have them, and even I've seen plenty of med ads on TV.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5UAeYMqI,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-03-25T05:49:36.337+0000) > > What, you've never seen Panadol, Voltaren or Telfast or whatever get advertised on TV here? > > Like I don't even own a TV and the only exposures I get is from the free TV in Maccas or whatever restaurants that happen to have them, and even I've seen plenty of med ads on TV. I see supplements and over the counter things like panadol and cough medicine, nothing with the side effect of death though.
Proxy345 (NA)
: I can't be the only one who thinks this way about medicine ads lol
What medicines get listed on tv? America is weird.
Show more

Huang Shaotian

Level 64 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion