Dahaaka (EUW)
: Not getting the Anniversary Gift(s)
I don't think it's a bug, I just think it's gonna be released later in the day
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: If we look at the '!' mark on the anniversary gift tab It uses PDT as the time zone So my guess is that they will become available when it's the 17th in that time zone So... in about 10 hours and 20 minutes
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2WGYAHIU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-16T20:40:44.714+0000) > > If we look at the '!' mark on the anniversary gift tab > It uses PDT as the time zone > So my guess is that they will become available when it's the 17th in that time zone > > So... in about 10 hours and 20 minutes Jeeze, that's so long! Thanks though, I totally missed that
Rioter Comments
: No country for trolled men?
As someone who also likes to play off-meta supports, here's what I do. Never declare pick intent. Then pick whatever you want when it comes to your turn and ignore what the rest of the team is saying, then get in game, /muteall, and have fun.
: Worst world champion song ever in 5 year.
As a worlds song, it probably doesn't fit. But as a stand alone song, it's actually a really touching song about conquering self-doubt and I'm into it. I've got it on repeat.
: Does anyone else feel like the game is less rewarding than it was?
It's a good thing that it's harder to 1v5, imo. It's a team game, one person alone shouldn't be able to win it. It should be a team effort.
: "***Looking for a hot bearded boyfriend to carry me like the support luggage main I am to diamond.***" eThots out here making the rest of the support mains look bad and acting like supports don't do the carrying.
> [{quoted}](name=TheUrbanKitsune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EAVKWABr,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-06T04:15:06.086+0000) > > "***Looking for a hot bearded boyfriend to carry me like the support luggage main I am to diamond.***" > > eThots out here making the rest of the support mains look bad and acting like supports don't do the carrying. This guy's not a girl, or a support main. He's making fun of support mains and being sexist while doing it.
KazKaz (OCE)
: I wish you could toggle Player "Help" sometimes
Okay, I can understand Tahm Kench and Kalista, but can you explain Yuumi and Kayle? As far as I know they can't force you to do anything you don't want to do?
: Your ball does more dmg to the first target it hits. It also moves faster with your e protect then with your q attack. you can hide it in terrain and on stealth champs, you already knew that but it can get your ball closer to the champ you want to attack. A tip is to leave your ball where they're likely to go so you can surprise r and the use your other combos. You can flash r which is debated whether useful but it looks really cool, During the beginning of the game try not to engage just don't miss cs because the chances are that they are going to beat you early on, don't worry though if you get your items and get to late game ori is stupid overpowered but don't miss cs The items I get first back are lost chapter then sorcerers shoes, then spellbinders then rabadons then morelinomicon then ludens then you can choose from void staff if they have mr and zohnyas (not spelling) or liandrys torment. hope that was useful. (:
> [{quoted}](name=Red Jackster,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MWk7Lmoi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-05T11:38:09.281+0000) > > Your ball does more dmg to the first target it hits. It also moves faster with your e protect then with your q attack. you can hide it in terrain and on stealth champs, you already knew that but it can get your ball closer to the champ you want to attack. A tip is to leave your ball where they're likely to go so you can surprise r and the use your other combos. You can flash r which is debated whether useful but it looks really cool, > > During the beginning of the game try not to engage just don't miss cs because the chances are that they are going to beat you early on, don't worry though if you get your items and get to late game ori is stupid overpowered but don't miss cs > > The items I get first back are lost chapter then sorcerers shoes, then spellbinders then rabadons then morelinomicon then ludens then you can choose from void staff if they have mr and zohnyas (not spelling) or liandrys torment. hope that was useful. (: This thread is two years old and I'm really curious how you found it
: Hextech IS magic, just saying.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EuEJoZRH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-05T04:32:11.879+0000) > > Hextech IS magic, just saying. Hextech is specifically a mixture of magic and technology powered by magic crystals. The power comes from the crystals, the user doesn't have to be magic themselves, so this doesn't answer my question about mages
Rioter Comments
Gakamis (EUNE)
: Please add an option to purchase Chests for event tokens
I mean, you can purchase orbs, which are the same as chests. I don't think they need a key, but they have skins inside and you can buy them
Sinicon (NA)
: New Vel'koz Skin
I'd love a new vel'koz skin too, but realistically he's not the type of champion Riot likes to create skins for often. So like, hope for the best but expect the worst
: I'd honestly just suggest grabbing a pal and doing a 1 v 1. Good way to pick up on how to cs under poke pressure since no lane is going to just let you farm for free. If you'd like you can add me and I'd be more than happy to help out.
> [{quoted}](name=TheCheekySneak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0pyFdzHl,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-10-04T03:35:54.485+0000) > > I'd honestly just suggest grabbing a pal and doing a 1 v 1. Good way to pick up on how to cs under poke pressure. If you'd like you can add me and I'd be more than happy to help out. Thanks for the offer but I don't have an NA account, and if I did I don't think i'd be able to cs properly under the lag lol
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l19JTl1k,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-03T11:03:46.017+0000) > > Sure! The personal shop is when Riot offers a handful of skins that they think you might like, for a discount. Usually the skins are for champs you play a lot, but if you don't play a lot of champs you might be offered something weird. Still, it's getting better at finding skins you might be interested in, I've found. But yeah, the skins offered are personalised to you, thus, personal shop :) Excellent, thank you for clarifying what it is. If you don't mind telling me, is it also based on skins that you purchase as well? Or is it only based on what characters you play? Say if I had a bunch of........mecha skins for example. Would it try to recommend skins that are around that style (such as battlecast or project)?
> [{quoted}](name=Beetle Blast,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l19JTl1k,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-04T02:11:26.726+0000) > > Excellent, thank you for clarifying what it is. If you don't mind telling me, is it also based on skins that you purchase as well? Or is it only based on what characters you play? Say if I had a bunch of........mecha skins for example. Would it try to recommend skins that are around that style (such as battlecast or project)? You know, I'm honestly not sure! All Riot has said about the process is that the selections are personalized for you, they haven't said how, though. Would be cool if that was the case though, for the next one I'd be likely to get nothing but star guardian skins lol
Thornhub (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l19JTl1k,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-03T09:50:14.637+0000) > > Can't say for sure but it'll probably pop up for the snowdown event. Hi thanks for replying, do you know for certain or approximately when's the snowdown event going to be? Also . . what about the harrowing event? is that going to happen, and if so will there be personal shop too?
> [{quoted}](name=Thornhub,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l19JTl1k,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-10-03T13:29:39.541+0000) > > Hi thanks for replying, do you know for certain or approximately when's the snowdown event going to be? Also . . what about the harrowing event? is that going to happen, and if so will there be personal shop too? Again, I can't be certain, but I can give you approximate! Snowdown should be early December. It was on the 6th of December last year, so... around then. And i forgot about the harrowing!! If I remember right, there wasn't a personal shop during the harrowing last year. I think they were too busy with worlds stuff? But there might be one this year! Fingers crossed!
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l19JTl1k,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-03T09:50:14.637+0000) > > Can't say for sure but it'll probably pop up for the snowdown event. Hey can you tell me what the personal shop is exactly? I see it pop up from time to time on reddits and boards and all that and I'm not sure how it works.
> [{quoted}](name=Beetle Blast,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l19JTl1k,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-03T10:55:06.527+0000) > > Hey can you tell me what the personal shop is exactly? I see it pop up from time to time on reddits and boards and all that and I'm not sure how it works. Sure! The personal shop is when Riot offers a handful of skins that they think you might like, for a discount. Usually the skins are for champs you play a lot, but if you don't play a lot of champs you might be offered something weird. Still, it's getting better at finding skins you might be interested in, I've found. But yeah, the skins offered are personalised to you, thus, personal shop :)
Zounatic (EUW)
: I think its best to learn with Champs that do the most damage: AD Carry and Midlane. As AD Carrys find one who builds Runaan‘s Hurricane as second items. Easy Waveclear. In the Midlane Artillery Mages have the best waveclear and some burst mages like: Xerath, Lux, Orianna, Ahri, Diana and Syndra. But honestly just go into practice tool with no enemies and just last-hit minions to learn it. Thats probably the easiest way to learn it. Then you can farm well on all champs :)
> [{quoted}](name=Zounatic,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0pyFdzHl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-03T10:03:31.900+0000) > > I think its best to learn with Champs that do the most damage: AD Carry and Midlane. As AD Carrys find one who builds Runaan‘s Hurricane as second items. Easy Waveclear. In the Midlane Artillery Mages have the best waveclear and some burst mages like: Xerath, Lux, Orianna, Ahri, Diana and Syndra. > But honestly just go into practice tool with no enemies and just last-hit minions to learn it. Thats probably the easiest way to learn it. Then you can farm well on all champs :) I keep hearing the practice tool method, and I'm not sure how people do it. It's so boring! I know I should just get stuck in and practice but my adhd-brain says no. I've played a bunch of Lux and Orianna from my time supporting, maybe I'll give them a try. I'll try to get over my fear of mid lane, getting one-shot is scary and mid lane is where the assassins go!
Rioter Comments
Thornhub (EUW)
: Anybody know when's the next personalized shop going to be?
Can't say for sure but it'll probably pop up for the snowdown event.
Adder (OCE)
: What's your personal favorite ship?
Oh jeeze, I started something here. My bad!
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=K5ftfXLA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-02T10:57:57.564+0000) > > Not necessarily romantic but a relationSHIP nonetheless, Garen/Taric. I'm so intrigued by their relationship. It went from friends to enemies to... what is it now? I'd love to know how a reunion would go post Taric becoming an aspect. Don't say that, it's forbidden, and they will tell you :" It's not happending."
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=K5ftfXLA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-02T12:01:58.585+0000) > > Don't say that, it's forbidden, and they will tell you :" It's not happending." Forbidden? Is there something i'm missing?
Adder (OCE)
: What's your personal favorite ship?
Not necessarily romantic but a relationSHIP nonetheless, Garen/Taric. I'm so intrigued by their relationship. It went from friends to enemies to... what is it now? I'd love to know how a reunion would go post Taric becoming an aspect.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cihlxh3N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-01T10:47:10.076+0000) > > Oh. Well that's a shame. Time to get 9x reported because my support main ass doesn't know how to farm lol! Make a new account.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cihlxh3N,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-01T10:53:25.083+0000) > > Make a new account. Nah, not going through levelling again
: No
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cihlxh3N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-01T10:46:03.931+0000) > > No Oh. Well that's a shame. Time to get 9x reported because my support main ass doesn't know how to farm lol!
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kshaway (NA)
: That’s what we all thought. But if you look at the Rakan File, they have the blue gem circled
> [{quoted}](name=SupportaI Kombat,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=EOR5KBBL,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T12:56:53.707+0000) > > That’s what we all thought. But if you look at the Rakan File, they have the blue gem circled Oh, I missed that, that's TINY. This round of star guardians don't make sense colour-wise, anyway, the only one that's obvious is Zoe is purple
Kshaway (NA)
: Whoa. Plot Twist. So Rakan is the blue gem, not Xayah
> [{quoted}](name=SupportaI Kombat,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=EOR5KBBL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-05T01:28:21.533+0000) > > Whoa. Plot Twist. > > So Rakan is the blue gem, not Xayah Wait, isn't he green? His uncorrupted form is green, anyway?
Dukues (NA)
: Anyone else facing this dilemma?
It's okay, play all the wow classic you like. There's limited content in that game and some people have already done it all, so just come back when you're done.
: Does anyone here uses the Support Ticket?
Yeah, the support system for this game could use improvements. I've contacted them a couple of times for technical issues but the answers I received weren't too helpful. Found I had better success asking people on reddit. But as far as support systems go, at least it's better than the one FFXIV has in place, with that one you often don't even get an automated response. I think the problem is that Riot support employees, as far as I know, have restricted access to the technical side of things and your account. A good example of a support system is the one WoW has in place, that one I've found has a good success rate. I'll use an example that I've personally sent in a ticket for. I wanted to delete a character, but the game wouldn't let me because I had mail, and I was unable to delete the mail for some reason. In a system like Riot's, I bet I would have gotten a list of things that I could try to fix it. What actually happened, was that the support employee I got logged into my account (after asking my permission to do so), went "Yep, that mail's definitely stuck", and then went ahead and deleted the mail for me. Problem solved.
Rioter Comments
nagıto (NA)
: Urgot's Ultimate Can Trigger Seizures
Wow, I didn't expect people to get defensive about something like this. I don't see any reason not to put in an option to toggle this if it means people can be safe
: I saved the image from one of the comments in surr@20. Gotta have in mind some champions might get scrapped or legendaries actually go to a different one, cuz it's not 100% reliable, but still gives an idea of what might come, as the past leaks. https://imgur.com/DNtT2wQ
> [{quoted}](name=Ðeviruchi,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=fxarALh5,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T01:14:46.612+0000) > > I saved the image from one of the comments in surr@20. Gotta have in mind some champions might get scrapped or legendaries actually go to a different one, cuz it's not 100% reliable, but still gives an idea of what might come, as the past leaks. > > https://imgur.com/DNtT2wQ I'd take that with a grain of salt, given what this says about the star guardian skins. It got Neeko and Zoe right at least?
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3f1u3X0I,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T14:30:43.316+0000) > > Not a worry, I hope everything works out! I got a ticket but might you know how long it might take til they can help its only been 16 hours
> [{quoted}](name=cherrypopper1998,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3f1u3X0I,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T06:58:31.539+0000) > > I got a ticket but might you know how long it might take til they can help its only been 16 hours Sorry, I don't know. I would have assumed they would have gotten back to you by now. Give it another day, I'd say, they might have a backlog. Just check to see whether the ticket status is open, and if it is, they'll get back to you I'm sure.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001c0001,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:54:03.378+0000) > > I don't know what your real life is like, but it sounds like shit, no offense. I've never been in a real life situation where people are as horrible as in this game. Because in real life, people know that shit like that has consequences. But there's very little consequences for the things people do in this game and people are way too keen to take advantage of that fact. And yes, it's a problem. Problems don't stop being problems just because there are bigger problems. It feels like it's falling on deaf ears. People too consumed with how they're raised, their environment, culture, etc to really grasp these concepts. I truly appreciate your ongoing effort. It's nice to see people of this mindset playing this game.
> [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001c00010000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:58:25.795+0000) > > It feels like it's falling on deaf ears. People too consumed with how they're raised, their environment, culture, etc to really grasp these concepts. > > I truly appreciate your ongoing effort. It's nice to see people of this mindset playing this game. Hey, thanks! I hope something I've said has resonated with someone today. Unfortunately though, it's 3am, and I have to go to bed because I've got stuff on tomorrow, so I won't be posting anymore tonight
: > [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-02T10:12:09.505+0000) > > I don't want to hear that I should kill myself. I don't want to hear that I'm trash. I don't want people to flame my boyfriend. > > One of my friends tried the game out. She quit after a few games because everyone was so fucking toxic. > > "You can just mute" > What if a person has a really bad day, is really sad and just want to play a game, and is later told to kill himself because he died twice? What fucking good would a mute do by then? > > Stop talking like toxicity isn't a problem, because it is. Listen, /mute all at the start of every game. If YOU are sensitive to meaningless words from edgy preteens then you have GOT to do this. These kids do NOT give a FUCK about you or getting banned because they just make new accs. This cannot be stopped. They get banned and just become toxic in lower level games and and turn off new players. Its a pointless game of constant cat and mouse. The best thing you can do is just delete your chat. You don't need it anyway, its distracts from playing the fucking game even if the chat is non toxic. So many times i see people die or give up first blood because they are typing. If "all you want to do is play the game" is your reasoning then TURN OFF CHAT AND PLAY. THE. GAME. I may sound harsh, but i promise you i can be alot harsher and im actually restraining myself. This is because i come from a generation where online trash talk and toxicity was hilarious and made games more competitive. And i HONESTLY think sensitive people like you in this newer generation have ruined the competitive banter and nature of online gaming but thats just my personal opinion. And please dont get me wrong. I am NOT defending toxic players. Not in the slightest. I just think some of you people get your feelings hurt by literal nobodies that you will only TEXT once in your life way too easily. Its kinda ridiculous
> [{quoted}](name=ChristmasEvelynn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:57:11.511+0000) > > Listen, /mute all at the start of every game. If YOU are sensitive to meaningless words from edgy preteens then you have GOT to do this. These kids do NOT give a FUCK about you or getting banned because they just make new accs. This cannot be stopped. They get banned and just become toxic in lower level games and and turn off new players. Its a pointless game of constant cat and mouse. The best thing you can do is just delete your chat. You don't need it anyway, its distracts from playing the fucking game even if the chat is non toxic. So many times i see people die or give up first blood because they are typing. > > If "all you want to do is play the game" is your reasoning then TURN OFF CHAT AND PLAY. THE. GAME. Everything about this is incredibly sad.
: > [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-02T10:12:09.505+0000) > > I don't want to hear that I should kill myself. I don't want to hear that I'm trash. I don't want people to flame my boyfriend. > > One of my friends tried the game out. She quit after a few games because everyone was so fucking toxic. > > "You can just mute" > What if a person has a really bad day, is really sad and just want to play a game, and is later told to kill himself because he died twice? What fucking good would a mute do by then? > > Stop talking like toxicity isn't a problem, because it is. World hunger is a problem. War is a problem. And many other things are real problems.... What you experience is just disconfort with rude and agressive people, which I understand and don't aprove, but it's something you actually get everywhere you go, not just in a game. Be glad you can mute them if you can't deal with it. You can even report bad behaviour and people actually get banned for it. Do you also quit real life because people are so toxic? Because we have no mute or ban options....
> [{quoted}](name=0NoobMaster69,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:46:17.427+0000) > > World hunger is a problem. War is a problem. And many other things are real problems.... What you experience is just disconfort with rude and agressive people, which I understand and don't aprove, but it's something you actually get everywhere you go, not just in a game. Be glad you can mute them if you can't deal with it. You can even report bad behaviour and people actually get banned for it. Do you also quit real life because people are so toxic? Because we have no mute or ban options.... I don't know what your real life is like, but it sounds like shit, no offense. I've never been in a real life situation where people are as horrible as in this game. Because in real life, people know that shit like that has consequences. But there's very little consequences for the things people do in this game and people are way too keen to take advantage of that fact. And yes, it's a problem. Problems don't stop being problems just because there are bigger problems.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0009000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:21:27.910+0000) > > Oh jeeze, I'm really sorry you grew up like that. That's not a way for anyone to live. But knowing that, don't you want things to be different in this community? You shouldn't have to ignore people here, there's the possibility for change, and isn't that a good thing? I really want this to be a community where people can interact without fear of each other. It's not a thing that's possible in the current state of the game, but doesn't it sound nice? You mean like going out with an M4, and shoot all of them? Yea i was very much like on that idea. I would explain why i don't think that as a good idea anymore, but bringing real life politics is against the forum rules. Point is, that banning a toxic player will not solve the issue. Teaching people how to deal with it does. If you go to the police, then they deny everything, and you have to pay for false accusation. If you fight, then you might not walk away alive. Sure police deals with them after that, but that will not help you. Ignore the words, because those cannot harm you, and be grateful, that it stops at words. And pray, that it won't go beyond that. Ignore the toxic players, and be grateful, that they just toxic, and not worse. Being toxic is something, that you can deal with. It is something, that you can counter. Something you can fight against. Against a feeder, afker, troller, or enemy cheater/smurfer. You cannot fight. You can only hope, that Riot cleans up the mess. But that won't give back the LP you lost.
> [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00090003000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:41:16.929+0000) > > You mean like going out with an M4, and shoot all of them? Yea i was very much like on that idea. I would explain why i don't think that as a good idea anymore, but bringing real life politics is against the forum rules. Point is, that banning a toxic player will not solve the issue. Teaching people how to deal with it does. > > If you go to the police, then they deny everything, and you have to pay for false accusation. If you fight, then you might not walk away alive. Sure police deals with them after that, but that will not help you. Ignore the words, because those cannot harm you, and be grateful, that it stops at words. And pray, that it won't go beyond that. > > Ignore the toxic players, and be grateful, that they just toxic, and not worse. Being toxic is something, that you can deal with. It is something, that you can counter. Something you can fight against. Against a feeder, afker, troller, or enemy cheater/smurfer. You cannot fight. You can only hope, that Riot cleans up the mess. But that won't give back the LP you lost. I don't have any solutions to your real life problems, but it really doesn't have to be like that here. The blame doesn't have to be on the victim for their own suffering, and nor should it be! And you're wrong about words not harming you. Listen, I don't know you, but you seem to be very affected by the words that you've been forced to ignore. That shit eats away at you, man. But losing a game? Losing some LP? That means nothing in any metric that matters. Less than nothing!
: > I don't want to hear that I should kill myself. I don't want to hear that I'm trash. I don't want people to flame my boyfriend. then don't do shit that would instigate ppl saying it? And if they still do just mute em if it bothers you that much. > What if a person has a really bad day, is really sad and just want to play a game, and is later told to kill himself because he died twice? What fucking good would a mute do by then? they won't hear it again? like idk wtf you expect to happen here? ain't nobody gonna kill themselves over a bad day. > Stop talking like toxicity isn't a problem, because it is. a problem for which you've gotten a solution ingame. a problem that's not exclusive to league at all. a problem that's not gonna affect the game as much as someone runnin it down but is much easier to detect. If you genuinly still want an answer as to why there might be an increase: Most ppl simply don't care about toxicity, they do care about some headass runnin it down. It's there, most of the time it ain't their problem, and when it is they have ways to deal with it. and the real extreme toxicity cases aren't as common as some ppl claim em to be. honestly i wish ppl just learned to flame well, it's always the same old boring crap.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:34:27.480+0000) > > then don't do shit that would instigate ppl saying it? Hey, nice victim-blaming you've got going on there
: > [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W51MLTG7,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T15:01:43.634+0000) > > I learned the secret methods of ignoring. I couldn't mute people in real life, but once i managed to simply ignore them it worked. This is what i often do in games. I don't need to mute them. I can simply ignore them. Nearly 90% of the cases they stop once no answer given. If everyone were mute them at the first words, then they would eventually learn from it. Problem is, that a great many people are like you. Incapable to ignore words, and concentrate on what matters. > > I know what would happen if the toxic behavior, verbal abusement, and other similar stuff were removed from the report system. You make those claims but aren't even attempting to put up evidence to back up any of it. Let me know when you have the following: - Scientific studies that show being ignored works 100% of the time stops disruptive people from performing disruptive actions. (There aren't any, good luck.) - Proof that disruptive players are inherently more valuable than all other players. - Proof that you have any idea you know how I act in game, my beliefs, or my experiences. (Again, none, good luck.) > Less smurfs. Smurfs will exist regardless because of streamers and "Smashing my way from 30 to Platinum!" Also because of players who want additional accounts for posting on boards to hide their actual gameplay stuff. > Yep that's all. People like you are way too stubborn to stop playing, and your kind will either join their ranks, and become toxic like them, or learn to mute/ignore. Toxic people on the other hand would not be forced to make new accounts, because someone got offended. The reason I haven't stopped playing League has nothing to do with stubbornness. But again, you don't know me so you made an assumption in an attempt to discredit what I've said. Oh, and then you made the claim that I'm toxic because I'm getting offended. Yeah, **TOTALLY** what's goind on there. You're an omniscient being who knows me better than I know myself. > I wouldn't say less players, because some people might stop playing due hurt feelings. Simply because banning someone could easily result in a lost player as well. And i'm not sure which one would cause more player loss. And what makes a disruptive player more valuable than one that isn't? A disruptive player automatically damages the game for at least 4 other players. Whether or not they're affected by said damage isn't relevant yet. But the 1 player out of those 4 other players trying to defuse, deescalate, or otherwise calm down the toxic player is the problem because he's trying to cease the disruptions? > Oh wait i just realized, that you are right. I'm so sorry. I forgot, that toxic behavior caused over 40 trillion suicide, and it is the worst crime known to humanity. I forgot that over 99,999999% of humanity are seriously depressive oversensitive people, and they slit their wrists the moment they get offended. I beg for your apology, and ask you not to commit suicide. Please forgive this ignorant cisgender male of the past, and accept my apology for you, and your future generation of eternal kindness, infinite tolerance (except against the non-tolerant), and sensitivity. You are absolutely correct, that if we let this toxic behavior out of hand, then over 99,9999% of the player base will commit suicide, and League of Legend dies. This hyperbole simply illustrates you do not understand the implications of the reasoning "mute exists, toxicity shouldn't be punished". It means that no matter what happens, whomever is on the receiving end is at fault. I guess I'm at fault for getting shot because I allowed someone to pull a gun on me and I couldn't dodge in time. I guess I'm at fault for someone suddenly erupting in a barrage of insults over a tiny mistake I made such as missing a wave of CS. It must be my fault that the enemy top laner got a bad gank from his allied jungler, fell behind and is now lashing out in all chat about how his jungler fed his lane. This is flawed because at no point does it hold the actor responsible. I suppose the next victim(s) of a shooting should be held on trial for allowing themselves to be shot. Not the shooter. Shooter should be absolved of everything "because they could dodge the bullet and didn't". You've lost the argument. Your only fallback was "mute function" on top of zero evidence to back up your claims while failing (or simply refusing) to comprehend how flawed your fallback was in the first place.
> [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W51MLTG7,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:27:43.266+0000) > > You are NA, and i'm EUNE. You asks for something, that cannot possibly exist without lots of money invested. > > There are countless studies mostly for teachers to deal with disruptive behavior. Most of them are trying to tell, that helping the student is the best, because low-level disruptive behavior often goes to high-level, if ignored. > > Often != always. > > This is a computer game. Low level disruptive behavior is flaming. High level is ruining the game intentionally. By ignoring you either stop the flamer, or push him to the next level. > > Which is, and should be seriously punishable. I would send direct links, but that's against the forum rules. Write into google "ignoring disruptive behavior" and you get dozens of articles about it. Wait, I'm confused about your viewpoint. You say that it's best to use the mute button and ignore disruptive behaviour aka flaming. But you also say that ignoring disruptive behaviour often just makes it worse. So isn't that the wrong thing to do? You also say that helping the student is best. I'm not sure what you're suggesting with this, because as a video game company, Riot has very little control over their customer's psychological problems. Unless you think it's feasible for Riot to hire therapists to deal with these people, isn't the best way of helping them letting them know when they've crossed the line of reasonable behaviour? And that's something Riot does with their punishment system. If they didn't think this could help, then they'd just go right to permabanning people instead of warning them with chat restrictions.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00090003,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:07:22.723+0000) > > Okay, this got me curious, which country do you live in/did you grow up in? This has to be a cultural thing, and I'm genuinely interested in learning where people grew up like this Israel. And yes we are jews. We got a shitload of real life flame from the local arabs. And we were not allowed to start a fight. Using guns would have resulted in police case, and nobody likes that, and using fists would have resulted being beaten up, because they are more. So just close your ears, and ignore them. You are better, than going down to their level.
> [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=000900030000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:16:12.286+0000) > > Israel. And yes we are jews. We got a shitload of real life flame from the local arabs. And we were not allowed to start a fight. Using guns would have resulted in police case, and nobody likes that, and using fists would have resulted being beaten up, because they are more. So just close your ears, and ignore them. You are better, than going down to their level. Oh jeeze, I'm really sorry you grew up like that. That's not a way for anyone to live. But knowing that, don't you want things to be different in this community? You shouldn't have to ignore people here, there's the possibility for change, and isn't that a good thing? I really want this to be a community where people can interact without fear of each other. It's not a thing that's possible in the current state of the game, but doesn't it sound nice?
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00170000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:03:42.743+0000) > > Focusing on one doesn't have to mean ignoring the other. Toxicity may be a minor problem, but it's the easier problem to deal with. It's detected by a bot, and the punishment goes through in most cases without a person even looking at it. > Trolls are harder to detect by a bot, so each case has to be reviewed by a person. It takes longer, for sure, and there's more room for error, which is why it seems like it's not being dealt with at all. But it is, it's just not as easy. > But understand, people being punished for toxicity in no way interferes with the amount of resources spent on punishing trolls and the like. That's the problem it takes way longer then it should and most people don't care about someone being toxic. That is why they say Riot shouldn't focus on toxic people, because it's effect on the end user is basically non-existent.
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001700000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:10:42.287+0000) > > That's the problem it takes way longer then it should and most people don't care about someone being toxic. That is why they say Riot shouldn't focus on toxic people, because it's effect on the end user is basically non-existent. It seems I missed my point. They're not focusing on toxic people. Barely any resources are being put towards that, because that side of it's all automated. I think people are under the impression that because people are being punished for toxicity, it means that Riot doesn't care about punishing trolls. But it actually works the other way. Because the use of a bot frees up a whole bunch of human resources, more of that is being put into looking over cases of trolling.
: SUGGESTION: New RGM Mode - S7 Summoners rift (Pre-Runes Reforged)
If we're going back in time, S7 seems so arbitrary. May as well go full blizzard and release S1
: Because solving from player side is not just possible, but easy. Try to win a 4v5 game, or a game with int. feeder, or a game with troll(s). You can work your ass off, and still lose because of that. If someone is toxic, then press mute button. ~90% of them gets bored, and stops writing, if there is no answer. Also the older players lived a system where having balls was a good thing. We learned to simply ignore bad words. If someone in the school told you to go, and "f**k yourself", then we were told to ignore it. And not to go crying, and report to the teacher.
> [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-09-02T13:17:09.491+0000) > > Because solving from player side is not just possible, but easy. > > Try to win a 4v5 game, or a game with int. feeder, or a game with troll(s). You can work your ass off, and still lose because of that. > > If someone is toxic, then press mute button. ~90% of them gets bored, and stops writing, if there is no answer. > > Also the older players lived a system where having balls was a good thing. We learned to simply ignore bad words. If someone in the school told you to go, and "f**k yourself", then we were told to ignore it. And not to go crying, and report to the teacher. Okay, this got me curious, which country do you live in/did you grow up in? This has to be a cultural thing, and I'm genuinely interested in learning where people grew up like this
: Because toxicity is such a minor problem in comparison to others and it is the only one that can be directly dealt with by the end user by just muting players. Riot should focus their punishment system to better detect and deal with trolls, AFKs, griefers and boosters. Right now it's if someone says mean things they get banned. But if someone actively goes out of their way to ruin the game for 9 other people? Nope no problem, that's fine.
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-09-02T15:56:04.796+0000) > > Because toxicity is such a minor problem in comparison to others and it is the only one that can be directly dealt with by the end user by just muting players. Riot should focus their punishment system to better detect and deal with trolls, AFKs, griefers and boosters. > > Right now it's if someone says mean things they get banned. But if someone actively goes out of their way to ruin the game for 9 other people? Nope no problem, that's fine. Focusing on one doesn't have to mean ignoring the other. Toxicity may be a minor problem, but it's the easier problem to deal with. It's detected by a bot, and the punishment goes through in most cases without a person even looking at it. Trolls are harder to detect by a bot, so each case has to be reviewed by a person. It takes longer, for sure, and there's more room for error, which is why it seems like it's not being dealt with at all. But it is, it's just not as easy. But understand, people being punished for toxicity in no way interferes with the amount of resources spent on punishing trolls and the like.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HrxGxN1N,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-02T02:58:58.005+0000) > > I think Xerath skins are the worst, personally. They're basically just chromas. Like, to be fair, i'm not sure what would actually work for Xerath, but still. {{champion:154}} did someone say chroma's?
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HrxGxN1N,comment-id=00050002,timestamp=2019-09-02T15:39:59.319+0000) > > {{champion:154}} did someone say chroma's? Okay, yeah, I'll give you that, ZAC doesn't have much in the way of good skins. Hey, he's got a snorkel in one of them, that's fun I guess, lol
Show more

Lapis

Level 140 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion