: Ghostcrawler Lane Swap / Queue Dodge / Whatever
It'll take a few years for the game to recover just like it took wow a few expansions to come back. Positive change for League though, ideally, go work for a company like Activision.
: Kk my bad it was a permissions thing. You should be good to go now :)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Zimberfly,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=L4qAxnOQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-03T18:30:28.284+0000) > > Kk my bad it was a permissions thing. You should be good to go now :) All g! Cheers, Louis
: I still see all three. :o
> [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=L4qAxnOQ,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-19T00:04:20.407+0000) > > I still see all three. :o http://imgur.com/a/ahAF9
: Hey! I'm going to tag in @RiotZimberfly on this, since he's a sound designer and has access to wayyy more than I do. :)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=L4qAxnOQ,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2017-07-12T17:48:26.562+0000) > > Hey! I'm going to tag in @RiotZimberfly on this, since he's a sound designer and has access to wayyy more than I do. :) hey, Zimberfly may have accidentally deleted the files from the drive. I only see one file now. Cheers, V
: > [{quoted}](name=Vidic,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=L4qAxnOQ,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-07-12T12:17:52.942+0000) > > You bloody genius mate! THANK YOU! I completely forgot to check this. > /thumbs-up! > > As a side, for the "Snowdown 2016 Login Screen Theme.mp3" would you happen to have a .wav or 320kbps version? > ! > ! > ! > ! > ! Hey bud, I've added both a .wav and a 320kbps version. You should be good to go now :)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Zimberfly,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=L4qAxnOQ,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2017-07-12T18:49:26.246+0000) > > Hey bud, I've added both a .wav and a 320kbps version. You should be good to go now :) Strange, I only see one file now.
Rioter Comments
: Hey! Does [this work](https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7ncFYHSRBboZXpXdm1IdG13ZFE?usp=sharing) for you?
> [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=L4qAxnOQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-10T23:22:14.617+0000) > > Hey! Does [this work](https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7ncFYHSRBboZXpXdm1IdG13ZFE?usp=sharing) for you? You bloody genius mate! THANK YOU! I completely forgot to check this. /thumbs-up! As a side, for the "Snowdown 2016 Login Screen Theme.mp3" would you happen to have a .wav or 320kbps version? ! ! ! ! !
  Rioter Comments
LouisPee (OCE)
: Giving up/AFKing is worse than being toxic and requires a 6 month/perma ban
I don't agree with the "If they keep doing it." There needs to be action taken immediately so they stop ruining other peoples games. I just played with a blitz where the entire team was begging him to come back and play. He repeatedly said "I'm doing this to piss you guys off." How in god's name does this require a repeat offense?
: > [{quoted}](name=Avantel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oLQAEzJs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-12-26T15:07:53.929+0000) > > Yep. Justified. Nothing to see here people, just another toxic rager complaining about the system working effectively The 1st game ill agree i did rage. the next 2 games? not at all. This does not deserve a 14 day ban.
> [{quoted}](name=imkilling4fun,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oLQAEzJs,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-12-26T16:23:59.727+0000) > > The 1st game ill agree i did rage. the next 2 games? not at all. > > This does not deserve a 14 day ban. Looks like you gave up in most of these games. = Perma ban
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
LouisPee (OCE)
: Did you guys give up on Ryze? Lowest win-rate champion in the game.
The game for any ryze main is an absolute joke.
Rioter Comments
: Ryze Q change?
1. If it were like Zed's, it could potentially be too powerful coupled with his ult. Imagine 3 people stacked up and received an R,Q to the face. 3 pure hits + 3 AOE. 2. Ezreal's W or Q range would be great. However, due to lack of mobility pump it up to 1200. (this will have no impact on his ability to burst late game as he still needs to use W and E. TLDR: 2 is cool.
: You want to know why Yasuo is so annoying to play against/with?
One major problem I find with Yas and this also applies to Zed is his ability to CS easily under tower. Game Theory: When a player (Player X) forces an existing opponent (Player Y) under tower to cs. The idea is that X is winning the lane because it is more likely that player Y will be missing cs. Without taking into account professional players. As a Zed or Yasuo (Y), you can be substantially less skilled than X player yet still be on the same gold and hence power level throughout the game whilst csing under tower. This is what gives these champions so much "odd" power. Their CSing ability is substantially easier even when "Behind in lane". This is a random guess, I believe riot's balance team took into account the fact that these champions are melee and therefore need some more assistance with base AD/Cooldown so pushing champions don't hurt as much. A consequence of this is that is the only scenario in which Zed/Yas need this. TLDR: Power come from their ability to CS and have the same gold/power level when other champions miss.
: Ranking System/Matchmaking Rework?
Where do you get the "reportable offenses" information from?
: Is shen a good tank?
Absolutely! Shen's a fantastic tank! His ability to control team fights and ulti into them is what makes him so fun and powerful to play.
: Every time a Zed loses
: Is bronze actually that bad
Bronze and silver, there is a slight deviation in understanding the game. I think It really comes down to who knows more about the game than others. I.e. We can say that on average a bronze player is less likely to know what Zac's uld does relative to a Silver player. The mechanics are the same.
Meddler (NA)
: We're on the same page regarding major reworks, in that they introduce enough change that there's going to be a readjustment period and that means a champion's performance is going to drop for a while. For that reason we didn't look at making any Ryze changes in 5.9 - we wanted to give things a bit of time to settle down. Now that we've got a couple of weeks of play to assess however it's a good time to see where Ryze is up to and then make changes as appropriate. It is possible that he's in a good spot already, and that's something the folks working on him will be considering. Looking at how he's performed so far however, and how that change in performance over time compares to other champions that have started off performing poorly but become really effective when mastered, I suspect we'll make the call to put power into him sometime soon. As with any buff it's conceivable that'll take a balanced character and make them too strong, that needs to be weighed against the risk of leaving a champion significantly underpowered however, which is also a real cost to the game (particularly players of Ryze and other players on their team).
There is a big flaw and piece of the jigsaw puzzle you guys are missing imo. Please take into consideration **relevant** information pertaining to champion design. Is this game designed for the hello kitty island adventure / 360 no scope players? Or is it based on good gamers/pro's. Who has more weight in your critical thinking process? 1. PBE: Do you actually get feedback from the best players of that specific champion? or is it similar to boards like this? Did you consult hotshotgg **when** he was considered the best LB in the world for champ design? (Even when Faker said it) I've been an PvPer (Gladiator in wow and Diamond in LoL) since the wow days and I never once was approached by blizzard to give input and I never msged on the forums because I couldn't handle the fact that a 1400 player had as much say about a class than a 2600 one did. While I believe in democracy, in this context of gaming, it's just stupid and shouldn't even exist. For art and style, fine let them have that, but actual champion design, gtfo. Sorry, but it's true. 2. Getting general community input is terrifyingly wrong. For champion design changes please consider talking to the best of the best of that champion. I'm sure you have those statistics. I.e. Want to overhaul Riven? Talk to the best riven in each region and bring them together in the same room coupled with your designers. The knowledge, mechanical understanding of those players alone would easily outweigh 200,000 casuals on boards and forums.
Meddler (NA)
: Our current focus with the Utility masteries is on making going deep into the tree appropriately rewarding, particularly for caster supports and more utility focused mages. As part of that we're experimenting with making Meditation (the mana regen) significantly more powerful, but putting it later in the tree so it's one of the key distinctions between deep utility and other routes. Expanded Mind (max mana) then goes earlier, as a flat bonus instead of a %, making it particularly targeted at champions that start with a really small mana pool and want an early increase. There's a definite risk that'll leave going 9 points into utility as too unrewarding and we might need to do some work on that too, first thing we want to address is getting 21+ points in utility into a better spot however. Changes current in testing for anyone unfamiliar with them: * Meditation: Swapped position with Expanded Mind Now restores 1.5% missing mana every 5 seconds instead of granting 1/2/3 mana regen every 5 seconds * Expanded Mind: Swapped position with Meditation Now grants 25/50/75 mana instead of 2/3.5/5% maximum mana * Inspiration: Increased the experience gain every 10 seconds to 10/20, from 5/10 * Bandit: Melee--Now grant 8 gold each time an enemy champion is attacked (5 seconds cooldown), no longer grants bonus gold from kill/assist * Intelligence: Now reduces the cooldown of Activated items by 20%, from 10% * Wanderer: Bonus Movement speed changed to a flat 20, from 5% movement speed
Expanded Mind: That's a huge Nerf to Ryze. Wanderer shouldn't be confined to "in combat". The person taking this has already committed enough points to justify it.
Meddler (NA)
: We're on the same page regarding major reworks, in that they introduce enough change that there's going to be a readjustment period and that means a champion's performance is going to drop for a while. For that reason we didn't look at making any Ryze changes in 5.9 - we wanted to give things a bit of time to settle down. Now that we've got a couple of weeks of play to assess however it's a good time to see where Ryze is up to and then make changes as appropriate. It is possible that he's in a good spot already, and that's something the folks working on him will be considering. Looking at how he's performed so far however, and how that change in performance over time compares to other champions that have started off performing poorly but become really effective when mastered, I suspect we'll make the call to put power into him sometime soon. As with any buff it's conceivable that'll take a balanced character and make them too strong, that needs to be weighed against the risk of leaving a champion significantly underpowered however, which is also a real cost to the game (particularly players of Ryze and other players on their team).
The cost is big for me as a Diamond Ryze main. I haven't played Ryze in roughly 6~ months because he's in a terrible state. What do you guys plan to do with him in 5,10?
Meddler (NA)
: We're planning on looking at his laning first. Whether that's where changes end up getting made or not will depend on the conclusions reached though of course.
Fix suggestions: Passive: CDR from ult should be built into his passive and slowly increase to 30%. The power curve from 10 to 11 is a bit too much. Q: Increase damage (which is what you're going to do because it's the easy way out), zero cast time, increase range to 1.1k from 900.
PalPlays (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vidic,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XXpMNvKr,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-05-14T02:02:55.281+0000) > > Haha, read the patch notes friend. It was an non-issue because it didn't impact his actual kit and gameplay. Multiple perfect situations were a pre-requisite for this happen to be relevant in the context of his kit and gameplay. :) > > E - Spell Flux{{item:3042}} > No longer triggers single-target spell effects (Rylai's, Muramana) on instances of damage beyond the first Actually the "glitch" happened every Ryze used E with Muramana. It procced it up to 7 times depending on how many enemies were near the target. I personally don't think it should have been removed, as it ate up 21% of Ryze's mana no matter how much he built.
> [{quoted}](name=PalPlays,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XXpMNvKr,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2015-05-14T18:13:31.261+0000) > > Actually the "glitch" happened every Ryze used E with Muramana. It procced it up to 7 times depending on how many enemies were near the target. I personally don't think it should have been removed, as it ate up 21% of Ryze's mana no matter how much he built. I see your argument and it makes sense. The power came at a great cost (21% of his mana). Let's take it further though. Would it be reasonable for an ability to cost 100% of mana to 1 shot an opponent? That isn't good / engaging game design in my opinion. However, it would be so funny to see abilities like that.
LouisPee (OCE)
: Max fps option suggestion.
Ohh, Thanks for this btw Rito! :)
Phil Fly (NA)
: What if Ryze could still build stacks of Arcane Mastery, but instead of needing all 5 stacks and then popping them all, every stack made your passive stronger? Like, say 0 stacks will function like Ryze's old passive, 2-4 stacks the cooldown reduction gets stronger, and at 5 stacks it is at his strongest. (max stacks don't have to be 5... just throwing numbers).. Of course, after a few seconds, all the stacks (regardless of how many) should fade away. I think this would change Ryze's window of power from someone like Annie who has to spam spells and then go in, to someone like the old Ryze who had a nice even flow of power. Except instead of a truly even flow, it rewards you for keeping up the spell spamming by increasing your dps [to a cap] for staying in combat (cuz who doesn't love to do that as ryze?)
> [{quoted}](name=Phil Fly,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XXpMNvKr,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-05-13T18:44:00.883+0000) > > What if Ryze could still build stacks of Arcane Mastery, but instead of needing all 5 stacks and then popping them all, every stack made your passive stronger? > > Like, say 0 stacks will function like Ryze's old passive, 2-4 stacks the cooldown reduction gets stronger, and at 5 stacks it is at his strongest. (max stacks don't have to be 5... just throwing numbers).. Of course, after a few seconds, all the stacks (regardless of how many) should fade away. > I feel you man, it'll be so cool to experiment with this.
PalPlays (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vidic,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XXpMNvKr,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-05-13T12:25:13.127+0000) > > Hi friends, > > Alright, 2x diamond Ryze{{champion:13}} main here going to have a quick chat about his current flaws and try to present some reasoning as to why he's the lowest win rate champ... Being 40.08% as of writing this post. I didn't proof this as I don't have time. > > Let's start with his Passive: > This screams innovation. Co0l / Awesome / COD 360 no scope / WoW DK's!! What does it actually do for his game play. 3% lower win rate that's what it has done.. (Jokes aside) > Well, it gives Ryze this "innovative game play" mechanic that allows him to burst people during this other innovative "Times of power" mechanic, that all the kiddies love.. i mean Wuv and is c0ol. (seriously jokes aside now) > > - Firstly, the entire concept of "times of power" is cool.... I'll give you that. However, in the context of Ryze and my personal opinion. Just because something is cool and innovative, doesn't mean it needs to be implemented into the game. > I'll tell you why, moments of power takes away decision making for the player and somewhat automates it. (Which is never good game design, unless you are playing Skylanders, COD or hello kitty island adventures) I and many pro's want to be able to have complete control over the champions dps, this includes time of power. Not when I need to grind 5 orbs and then I can have Power. REAL times of power should exist when the PLAYER chooses to press R (or what ever the combo is) and decides to play. Please remove this from Ryze and trash the mechanic, just let it go. > > - Late game fundamental flaw and the actual reason Ryze is in a terrible state. Just admit it GhostCrawler, you guys rushed the shit out this remake. Granted, c0ol design, but honestly.... Did you guys not play test these mechanics at all? To start with, the passive alone gives the player 2 choices, > Choice 1. OMG, I have 5 Stacks, a semi-team fight is on now! (meaning trades are happening) If i don't go in now, i may have to wait another 20-25 seconds for it to be up again, and the teamfight may be over!!! I need to use this passive while it's up. This also means Ryze quite literally cannot move at all if he wants to maximize the damage output. > Choice 2. You try to trade while making sure you have enough stacks to fully commit. You wait, wait, wait, wait, team fight starts You have 1 stack, but need that burst now! This isn't a fun mechanic. It goes back to "Times of power", I want to choose when my time of power is by pressing R (or whatever the combo is). > > - Another diamond Ryze main I was talking to had this to say: "He's much harder to play early game to kill the opponent, but easier to farm with. He gets strong at lvl11, however the reason his win rate is so low is the way he does damage late game. The "moment of power" passive stuffs him up really hard and forces him to all in when he shouldn't, coupled with the lack of mobility when it is up." > > Ryze's Q: > Alright, here is when it gets really fun. Not really. > Let's all think for 5 seconds, I want to you to think of any other caster in the game, heck, throw in {{champion:238}} in there as well. I will assume you guys know the mechanic of Ryze's Q. Pre-6, it is downright the worst caster Q in the game. Possible fixes, give it more range? Give Ryze the ability to run while using it? Or go back to what made Ryze.. Ryze.. and make it a 700 range target-able Q. > > W is fine: Just fix the dash bug. > > E: If you have ever watched a really good Ryze player. (I get that you're trying to make Ryze for the COD and hello kitty island adventure DK players GhostCrawler) You will see that his old E isn't actually random, but can be controlled if timed correctly. I would love to challenge any game dev playing a dedicated melee champion into the old Ryze. I will show you how non-random his old E is when used at the correct time. > > R: 30% CDR? This is what made me think you rushed the remake. It feels like you guys said, "Well, we fucked him up pretty hard with this kit, we gave him the worst Q skill shot in the game which is understandably justified by his new passive. Let's just throw some extra value into his kit with 30% CDR because we need to get this champion out there so Ghostcrawler doesn't fire us." By this time, i'm just too tired to get my head around it all so GL... The Diamond Ryze player doesn't even mention his new E's synergy with {{item:3042}}? I question you sir, you are being questioned!
> [{quoted}](name=PalPlays,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XXpMNvKr,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-05-13T18:43:34.838+0000) > > The Diamond Ryze player doesn't even mention his new E's synergy with {{item:3042}}? I question you sir, you are being questioned! Haha, read the patch notes friend. It was an non-issue because it didn't impact his actual kit and gameplay. Multiple perfect situations were a pre-requisite for this happen to be relevant in the context of his kit and gameplay. :) E - Spell Flux{{item:3042}} No longer triggers single-target spell effects (Rylai's, Muramana) on instances of damage beyond the first
: Normally, I'd say activating R really should just give him max stacks but it really messes up the good old face smash combo of Q-R-Q-W-Q-E-Q. Which sucks. Monumentally. They also drastically reduced the mana scaling which I don't like; it was his useful gimmick. You're right that the player doesn't have enough control over the periods of power. Whether that makes him underpowered, I don't know. The fact of the matter is, enemies make mistakes. We may never feel like we outplayed our opponent when we do well but uhh... Heh. Veigar remake anyone? Point and click mages don't deserve satisfaction, I suppose.
> [{quoted}](name=doomed2death,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XXpMNvKr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-05-13T17:16:53.157+0000) > > Normally, I'd say activating R really should just give him max stacks but it really messes up the good old face smash combo of Q-R-Q-W-Q-E-Q. Which sucks. Monumentally. They also drastically reduced the mana scaling which I don't like; it was his useful gimmick. > > You're right that the player doesn't have enough control over the periods of power. Whether that makes him underpowered, I don't know. The fact of the matter is, enemies make mistakes. We may never feel like we outplayed our opponent when we do well but uhh... Heh. Veigar remake anyone? Point and click mages don't deserve satisfaction, I suppose. I was actually thinking of this as well! It'll be awesome if his R activated the "moment of Power" passive. Yet, it still won't fix his movement issues late game. It's a really tough challenge to try force an already broken kit into LoL, especially when said kit is new.. which makes a lot of the work already put into Ryze cost-ineffective. It really seems like a time issue for Riot. They probably have teams working on other projects atm.
: IMO His passive would be fine if the stacks decayed dynamically, one by one, instead of all at once. You can't sit at 3-4 stacks for as long as it takes, it makes pacing yourself a real pain. Especially since your most core item relies on you casting a lot of spells all the time. If the stacks decayed one at a time at a reasonable rate which would give you actual control over whether or not it was up, Ryze would be in a really good spot. Casting not interrupting movement would also help him a lot.
Nice NorthernDruid! It would be awesome to test and experiment with these changes. Heck, i'm sure out of the 1000+ people working at riot, they have one person dedicated to each champion. The stack decaying one at a time sounds really interesting! However, it doesn't remove the "moments of power" mechanic and I'm unsure if it'll fix with his late game "all in, can't move" problem. Casting and not interrupting movement (which would be so cool to test) would probably make Ryze stupidly hard to play. Image combo kiting with his spells and moving. This would probably work if the spells were targeted. Otherwise, I see a lot of Q's going in the opposite direction to where they were intended.
Rioter Comments
DropFill (NA)
: > LoL is a team based game and bot lane is the most team-coordination heavy lane in the game. (More so than mid/jungle SHinergy) MF/Varus/Ashe kits predispose (At least to be played competently) them to have high utility based supports in order to counteract their lack of mobility. Thresh/Alistar are supports after all. > > So saying something along the lines of "They need buffs" isn't enough. MF/Varus/Ashe have their niche strengths. MF is basically AOE lucian ult however unable to move, Varus is AOE Ryze W (root) to grouped enemies, Ashe is the only ADC in the game that is able to stun-engage from anywhere on the map. > Some wise words from Jeff Goldblum inJurassic Park (1993).... "Life.... finds a way." These champions will find a way. > http://bit.ly/1hRQhX0 Varus R spread is pretty slow. MF is not a AoE lucian. She does not even close damage to what lucian can actually do Ashe has a nice ult, but only that
> > LoL is a team based game and bot lane is the most team-coordination heavy lane in the game. (More so than mid/jungle SHinergy) MF/Varus/Ashe kits predispose (At least to be played competently) them to have high utility based supports in order to counteract their lack of mobility. Thresh/Alistar are supports after all. > > > > So saying something along the lines of "They need buffs" isn't enough. MF/Varus/Ashe have their niche strengths. MF is basically AOE lucian ult however unable to move, Varus is AOE Ryze W (root) to grouped enemies, Ashe is the only ADC in the game that is able to stun-engage from anywhere on the map. > > Some wise words from Jeff Goldblum inJurassic Park (1993).... "Life.... finds a way." These champions will find a way. > > http://bit.ly/1hRQhX0 > > Varus R spread is pretty slow. > MF is not a AoE lucian. She does not even close damage to what lucian can actually do > Ashe has a nice ult, but only that What does Lucian's ult do vs MF ult? Are there any similarities from a mechanical perspective? This is what you need to ask yourself.
DropFill (NA)
: Can we do something about MF/Varus/Ashe?
LoL is a team based game and bot lane is the most team-coordination heavy lane in the game. (More so than mid/jungle SHinergy) MF/Varus/Ashe kits predispose (At least to be played competently) them to have high utility based supports in order to counteract their lack of mobility. Thresh/Alistar are supports after all. So saying something along the lines of "They need buffs" isn't enough. MF/Varus/Ashe have their niche strengths. MF is basically AOE lucian ult however unable to move, Varus is AOE Ryze W (root) to grouped enemies, Ashe is the only ADC in the game that is able to stun-engage from anywhere on the map. Some wise words from Jeff Goldblum inJurassic Park (1993).... "Life.... finds a way." These champions will find a way. http://bit.ly/1hRQhX0
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: ❅ Holiday skins! What would you want to see? ❅
Christmas Ryze skin please{{champion:13}}
: If overshooting FPS is giving you issues, VSync will limit the FPS to your monitor's refresh rate.
Doesn't Vsync mess around with input lag though? I'm not really sure how it works.
Rioter Comments

LouisPee

Level 47 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion