: > [{quoted}](name=MiD Enforcer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ktAfpeZN,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-25T01:05:39.111+0000) > > I've been playing 500 rank games in season 8 in plat 4 to 2. Never have I ever encounter a zed ban. Literally only good in gold and below because people have no clue what's going on. > Don't know how reliable is the stats. > > Edit : I think I'm exaggerating a bit about 500 games in plat, it was around 200 games actually. Cause I started from silver. > And it maybe around 1 to 10 zed ban cause I might have forgot. https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/overview/zed/diamond https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/overview/zed Statistics.
> [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ktAfpeZN,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-25T15:26:17.033+0000) > > https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/overview/zed/diamond > > https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/overview/zed > > Statistics. I don’t really know which to look at cause champion.gg and op.gg said it differently. I don’t think it’s a reliable way to check since they are so different. Anyway go by gameplay and ur experience, when is the last time u see a zed? Ask any streamer that’s diamond plus, they will all say the same thing, zed is trash.
: I enjoy assassins and mages
> [{quoted}](name=MySinIsPride ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eF8pyVkW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-25T02:15:41.797+0000) > > I enjoy assassins and mages Hard assassin or easy? I recommend easy if u want to get started. I like to play easy champ so I can recommend you some. For assassin I recommend Talon. He has a very good early game, good roam and easy to combo which is the best way to learn MiD and assassin. Another would be fizz and Pyke MiD. They rely on you landing ur ult so u need some mechanical skill there. Kass is another good champ and scale good, so you can play him if you don't like Talon. Harder and more fun champ, I think Katerina (tho only after you play decent on easy champ first) For mid I recommend Karthus. Very fun champ. And if you want to get better at wave management then play Twisted Fate and watch some dopa VODS. A hard mechanical intense champ is Cassio. I recommend midbeast to get better at it. If you want a hybrid of Mage and assassin go for ap chogath mid. It works and off meta. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qjk8pee8mKM
: So i dont mean to rank shame, but OCE rank is big yikes. I've gone to diamond on friends accounts. So rank shaming isnt really gonna work for you here
> [{quoted}](name=Lilithh,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ktAfpeZN,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-25T03:13:01.590+0000) > > So i dont mean to rank shame, but OCE rank is big yikes. I've gone to diamond on friends accounts. So rank shaming isnt really gonna work for you here Lol on 200 pings. Yikes. Also master +, yes it matters but not below. (Do some research buddy) Also like I said, I'm taking about his win rate in bronze as a zed. But ok. If he has 60% winrate then yea he has something to back it up.
: Bro, go read some more of my posts and get back to me. Be honest with yourself. Your rank is all you have.
> [{quoted}](name=Cats Are Food,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ktAfpeZN,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-25T01:29:53.711+0000) > > Bro, go read some more of my posts and get back to me. > > Be honest with yourself. > Your rank is all you have. I'm not taking about rank. I'm talking about ur win rate. I already red it twice.
: > [{quoted}](name=MiD Enforcer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OIUspdX4,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-25T01:22:15.815+0000) > > Taliyah. 👌👌👌😁😁😁 > The walls is very unique. {{champion:34}} {{champion:59}}: it is?
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OIUspdX4,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-25T01:26:41.062+0000) > > {{champion:34}} {{champion:59}}: it is? Still Taliyah has a bigger walls :))))
: What are some good mid laners?
Not viktor. Depend on what ur style is and what you like. Mage, assassin, rank, bruiser, ad range, ad melee? Hard champ? Easy champ? We got them all in here. If you tell me what is it that you like I would love to help you out. You can also check out Midbeast Tier list 8.24 to knows what's good and not. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m9XDpIOtONU
: Who do y'all think is the most unique champion in the game?
Taliyah. 👌👌👌😁😁😁 The walls is very unique.
: Tips on farming in an oppressive lane?
It depends on the match up mainly. But yea as a Diana, you gonna have a very very hard time to farm unlike talon or fizz. Talon and fizz can punish the opponent heavily when they misstep and have enough damage to kill opponent early game. I don't know much about Diana TBH because I rarely see her but she's in a very bad spot now. I think you should try a new champion? But up to u :)
: As a Zed main: I actually rather agree. Often I have zero fear of my tower being pushed down, because my entire farming idea is to let you push ANYWAY, and to harass **you** the whole time(grabbing CS with autos). I can survive easily enough by ganking top and bottom, and if you make the mistake of letting me harass you low I will just kill you too. I rarely worry about using my W outside of my own lane, other than as an escape, because at 6 I've begun to roam between creep waves, and my Ult cooldown is low enough I can dip in and out of a fight every 60s using just that. If I have to run I W away. I may occasionally use it to toss pain into a team fight clusterf^^^ that I don't want to ult into the middle of, but yeah. My lane phase is incredibly safe. If I'm against a Fizz, Ekko or Talon I just let them push me to my tower to CS. Due to my E and passive I still get every creep of the wave, despite tower hits. I'm also one of the jerks who runs Hydra for the E+active combo of my ult, and to ensure my CS never drops even spending most of the laning phase roaming.
> [{quoted}](name=Cats Are Food,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ktAfpeZN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-24T19:27:24.193+0000) > > As a Zed main: > > I actually rather agree. Often I have zero fear of my tower being pushed down, because my entire farming idea is to let you push ANYWAY, and to harass **you** the whole time(grabbing CS with autos). I can survive easily enough by ganking top and bottom, and if you make the mistake of letting me harass you low I will just kill you too. > > I rarely worry about using my W outside of my own lane, other than as an escape, because at 6 I've begun to roam between creep waves, and my Ult cooldown is low enough I can dip in and out of a fight every 60s using just that. If I have to run I W away. I may occasionally use it to toss pain into a team fight clusterf^^^ that I don't want to ult into the middle of, but yeah. > > My lane phase is incredibly safe. If I'm against a Fizz, Ekko or Talon I just let them push me to my tower to CS. Due to my E and passive I still get every creep of the wave, despite tower hits. I'm also one of the jerks who runs Hydra for the E+active combo of my ult, and to ensure my CS never drops even spending most of the laning phase roaming. Bro be honest with urself plz. You have 42% win rate with zed in bronze 1. I'm not mocking you but it's a rebuttal.
: > [{quoted}](name=MiD Enforcer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ktAfpeZN,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-24T23:19:02.359+0000) > > When a zed main and the best player in the world don't even recommend zed anymore, you know there's something wrong with the champion. Seeker just shut a zed down and I'm not even exaggerating. Dude go easy on the BS would ya? O_O Zed in plati+ has 13,3% pickrate, 50% winrate and 40% banrate, in dia+ he has 11,7% pickrate but 49% winrate and banrate drops to 28%, but the sample size for dia+ is kinda small. So 53% P/b rate and still 50% winrate. If i am not mistaken Irelia is called broken literally all her statistics are lower than his except banrate by a single %, despite how she is played in two different lanes while he only has 1. So Zed playing only mid still somehow beats Irelia in pick(if looking at single lanes), ban and winrate, by a very notable margin. Goes for akali as well. Better nerf Zed then tho?
> [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ktAfpeZN,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2018-12-25T00:05:02.609+0000) > > Dude go easy on the BS would ya? O_O > > Zed in plati+ has 13,3% pickrate, 50% winrate and 40% banrate, in dia+ he has 11,7% pickrate but 49% winrate and banrate drops to 28%, but the sample size for dia+ is kinda small. > > So 53% P/b rate and still 50% winrate. > > If i am not mistaken Irelia is called broken literally all her statistics are lower than his except banrate by a single %, despite how she is played in two different lanes while he only has 1. > > So Zed playing only mid still somehow beats Irelia in pick(if looking at single lanes), ban and winrate, by a very notable margin. > > Goes for akali as well. > > Better nerf Zed then tho? I've been playing 500 rank games in season 8 in plat 4 to 2. Never have I ever encounter a zed ban. Literally only good in gold and below because people have no clue what's going on. Don't know how reliable is the stats. Edit : I think I'm exaggerating a bit about 500 games in plat, it was around 200 games actually. Cause I started from silver. And it maybe around 1 to 10 zed ban cause I might have forgot.
: Will Taliyah ever get a skin?
I missed the taliyah mid good old days. They need to revert the aoe and give me back my taliyah md. About the skin, I think not. 😭
Dynikus (NA)
: Normals? Yeah absolutely. I'm playing for fun, if the game isn't enjoyable, I would rather move on to the next game than drag out a miserable 40 minutes in hopes they throw. Ranked? Hell no.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HzWv9wAV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-24T11:37:00.317+0000) > > Normals? Yeah absolutely. I'm playing for fun, if the game isn't enjoyable, I would rather move on to the next game than drag out a miserable 40 minutes in hopes they throw. > > Ranked? Hell no. U got the right mentality my friend. Never give up on rank games.
Arammus (EUW)
: merry christmas to you all
Hope everyone having a fun time.
: Would you recommend this game to people?
No. reason being is to farm like and to fit in with the boards. Actual answer yes, the runes remove make it so that it is easier to get into the game and spend BE on something important such as buying champ. Don't really give a fuck about people who complain just to complain.
: Man idk why people upvote this trash good that the boards don´t do the balancing. I don´t want to go into much detail why op is completely wrong about Zed, but there are some points I want to mention. Zed W has 22 sec cooldown and he typically maxes it last its also his only way of doing any poke damage and his only escape tool. You cant count his Q unless you are really bad and get hit by every Q he throws while not being behind any minion. Once he used hiw W you can literally run him down and he cant do jack shit about that pre 6. His waveclear is way worse than you give him credit for his E costs 50 energy 2 casts and he is oomed, If he uses W Q to waveclear early he is really screwed (explained above). Actually you compared all these champions waveclear strength but Zed is literally the person who has the worst waveclear of them early. If you don´t already know Riot said Zed is weak several High elo mains stopped playing him including Faker. Furthermore If you look at mage items which you probably do since you are an Ahri main btw the strongest midlaner rn you can pretty much negate all of Zed early damage threat with Seekers(151% gold efficient while maxed out btw) which builds into Zhonyas on of the strongest items in the game,meanwhile Riot nerfed Hexdrinker and didn´t touch Maw at all which nobody build and now nobody builds Hexdrinker aswell since the nerf and there are more nerfs coming with the PD change. All of this is reflected at Zed´s poor winrate in midgame where he should actually perform best but cant because he starts doing damage with 4 items since he is so fucked by armor,Zhonyas,GA and needs multiple Armpen items and 40% cdr is a must,meanwhile Mages have the best items with no drawbacks every item has CDR even defensive items same for mana,pen. These are the real problems ingame Mages blowing up squishies with ease in Teamfights with way too much cdr while also having cc and utility AD items are really ass right now just look at the Crit items for example.
> [{quoted}](name=Nö Vaseline,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ktAfpeZN,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-24T22:44:22.780+0000) > > Man idk why people upvote this trash good that the boards don´t do the balancing. > > I don´t want to go into much detail why op is completely wrong about Zed, but there are some points I want to mention. > > Zed W has 22 sec cooldown and he typically maxes it last its also his only way of doing any poke damage and his only escape tool. > You cant count his Q unless you are really bad and get hit by every Q he throws while not being behind any minion. > Once he used hiw W you can literally run him down and he cant do jack shit about that pre 6. > His waveclear is way worse than you give him credit for his E costs 50 energy 2 casts and he is oomed, If he uses W Q to waveclear early he is really screwed (explained above). > Actually you compared all these champions waveclear strength but Zed is literally the person who has the worst waveclear of them early. > > If you don´t already know Riot said Zed is weak several High elo mains stopped playing him including Faker. > > Furthermore If you look at mage items which you probably do since you are an Ahri main btw the strongest midlaner rn you can pretty much negate all of Zed early damage threat with Seekers(151% gold efficient while maxed out btw) which builds into Zhonyas on of the strongest items in the game,meanwhile Riot nerfed Hexdrinker and didn´t touch Maw at all which nobody build and now nobody builds Hexdrinker aswell since the nerf and there are more nerfs coming with the PD change. > > All of this is reflected at Zed´s poor winrate in midgame where he should actually perform best but cant because he starts doing damage with 4 items since he is so fucked by armor,Zhonyas,GA and needs multiple Armpen items and 40% cdr is a must,meanwhile Mages have the best items with no drawbacks every item has CDR even defensive items same for mana,pen. These are the real problems ingame Mages blowing up squishies with ease in Teamfights with way too much cdr while also having cc and utility AD items are really ass right now just look at the Crit items for example. When a zed main and the best player in the world don't even recommend zed anymore, you know there's something wrong with the champion. Seeker just shut a zed down and I'm not even exaggerating.
AORVAL (NA)
: This is why nobody takes your game seriously anymore
No one gonna talk about his Jayne mechanic and itemisation? Man don't blame the balance when ur this bad.
Kaisha (NA)
: Anyone who claims that league is a strategy game has clearly never played a strategy game...
Rock MD (NA)
: League is still a strategy game, it's just nobody wants to use strategy
Tbh it’s like the dunning Kruger effect. There’s definately strategy in this game and zed is terrible currently, he’s just like Diana, if u itemise ur items well you can just shut a zed down. That’s why Stylish and Faker (who’s known for that champion) can’t climb with them anymore. Zed is effective in gold and below where people doesn’t understand macro and itemisation much. Not saying plat or diamond are good at it but atleast they are better than gold.
Pyrosan (NA)
: Top lane main struggling against certain champions
Sorry I'm not a top main but I can suggest you to watch TF Blade and watch him on how he play etc. that's all I can suggest. Tho the best way to learn top is to play garen. ( tho if you don't find garen fun then don't do it)
: Why is it so dang hard to name babies?
: Yay the semester is over!
Sounds a bit braggy, just saying.
Wilyum (NA)
: What tilts you the most?
Getting camp when playing normal. Don't have a good kda when playing normal. Beat by silver when playing normal.
: > This is sort of what I mean. When your default argument is "Riot only cares about the LCS and is oblivious to balance everywhere else, and refuses to listen to people," there's not a lot of good conversation that can come from that. While I'm not a Rioter myself, I *have* interviewed with the design team a few times, and everyone I met there *was* really concerned about the average player. Hell, they're all *League* players themselves, and none of them are LCS players. They're not perfect by any means, but assuming they're not listening and assuming they're not putting time into try to tackle the rather difficult task of balancing a game this complex across as many skill levels as this game has is inaccurate, and when your discussion points immediately attempt to rake them over the coals for not trying to understand and not taking feedback into their decisions you're not only being inaccurate, but also making the environment here uninviting. I rlly see your point of view and i rlly like to share it, but akalis shroud or the - 5ms nerf on irelia are just showing that they DO NOT listen. Otherwise they would have done smth about it. Same for Duskblade what ruled the game for half of a year before getting touched, while still remaining to strong. Or do you remember Tank or Ardent meta? When did they do smth about it? After the lcs finished, akawhen they couldnt get more money out of it. That sort of behaviour/changes of course can lead to the interpretation, that Riot isnt caring, except for money. Sure they are not perfect, like noone is and noone asks them to be. Ppl ask for a fair, fun game to play, but with all the dmg, mobility and with every new Champ beeing more ridiculously overpowered as the one before it wont get better. I agree in the point that we should try to establish higher communucation standarts, but we need the balancing team to be part of that communucation, otherwise we wont archive anything. The patchnotes are a joke in explaing why smth needed to be changed, what again leads to massive Frustration in the Community, same as the s8 meta did. Just try to make the game less tilting overall (oneshots, overloaded kits, unbalance) and the ppl will bring less hatred back to you. I remember Season 2 when everyone was happy if he could play at all. In my opinion the changes riot made, did make the problem with the Forum/tilt/hatred even bigger and i think you can only solve it, if u make your decisions more transparent or give us some kind of participation, thats taken seriously. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=xDelightifyx,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EZAclduk,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-20T20:28:06.615+0000) > > I rlly see your point of view and i rlly like to share it, but akalis shroud or the - 5ms nerf on irelia are just showing that they DO NOT listen. Otherwise they would have done smth about it. Same for Duskblade what ruled the game for half of a year before getting touched, while still remaining to strong. Or do you remember Tank or Ardent meta? When did they do smth about it? After the lcs finished, akawhen they couldnt get more money out of it. That sort of behaviour/changes of course can lead to the interpretation, that Riot isnt caring, except for money. > Sure they are not perfect, like noone is and noone asks them to be. Ppl ask for a fair, fun game to play, but with all the dmg, mobility and with every new Champ beeing more ridiculously overpowered as the one before it wont get better. > I agree in the point that we should try to establish higher communucation standarts, but we need the balancing team to be part of that communucation, otherwise we wont archive anything. The patchnotes are a joke in explaing why smth needed to be changed, what again leads to massive Frustration in the Community, same as the s8 meta did. Just try to make the game less tilting overall (oneshots, overloaded kits, unbalance) and the ppl will bring less hatred back to you. I remember Season 2 when everyone was happy if he could play at all. In my opinion the changes riot made, did make the problem with the Forum/tilt/hatred even bigger and i think you can only solve it, if u make your decisions more transparent or give us some kind of participation, thats taken seriously. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} There has to be a meta for off meta to exist. This is a very very complicated task. A guy like you who never work there will never understand. I'm too lazy to explain how meta work so do some research yourself.
: The boards call them out on their BS while Reddit whiteknights them.
> [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EZAclduk,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-20T17:43:54.881+0000) > > The boards call them out on their BS while Reddit whiteknights them. So you do this in real life? In front of their face? Tell the balance team to get fired in front of their face? That keyboard must be easy to type than speak with your mouth right?
La Bello (NA)
: >Riot originated in NA, moved to China just to be fucked up beyond belief, just like everything else in our economy. they didnt move to china. Tencent just acquired a massive portion of their shares years and years ago and LoL is basically one of their "top earners" for the longest time before other younger games came along. what befell league was literally the same trap that befalls almost EVERY form of insanely popular media https://youtu.be/fuZ6ypueK8M http://fhif.wikia.com/wiki/Cookie_Dough the truemadcap idea guys behind original league all moved on or took a backseat. In thier place are just a bunch of soulless bean counters and "statisticians" . People who make sure that the game is PROFITABLE first and foremost even at the cost of fun. People who rather than having talent instead rely on cold hard math and algorithms to guide the way. Like the lifespan goes like this 1.A couple dudes surviving off hot pocket's in a basement come up with a lightning in a bottle idea 2. said product is hyper popular and takes off the country is taken by storm of its sheer originality and awesomness 3. corporate suites and various share holders smell blood in the water. the "Original 5" or whatever are approached with an offer no sane person would refuse $$$ 4. First comes expansion. Companies will begin rapidly expanding. to incorporate more workers and whatnot to keep the game running smoothly Instead of having one guy madcapping a bunch of different things you now have "teams" dedicated to almost every individual aspect of your product. This leads to a LOT of bureaucratic tape being set up and a ton of channels that makes communicating a mess. 5. Then the "original 5" or whatever leave. either they take a backseat to everything basically just becoming a worthless company figurehead puppet or they take thier slice of the cake and move on to make other products/games. Either way they are no longer influencing the product 6. with the "OG 5" no longer at the reigns of course jobs start falling to other people. But not just any people as natural talent "subjective" and companies want something thats OBJECTIVE. THis is basically where almost every product or medium goes to shit because that means that companies are going to start brining in "bean counters" or statisticians. These people are the absolute worst of the worst because they've completely forgotten important human aspects like basic empathy or emotions and only know how to look at the cold.hard.numbers. This leads to basically nothing more than soulless trend copying. "Our data shows that games that used the lootbox system saw a 14% increase in income sir" , "Sir that design might be a bit too alien for our audiences. According to these charts/graphs/studies humans would rather play as totally hot anime warrior women or a testosterone oozing warrior with big sword than an eldritch shade from beyond the stars . We recommend corrective action be taken and the art teams base new skins off this instead". Ever wondered why so many kid's cartoon nowadays rely on "Butt" jokes or gross out humor instead of competent writing? Ever wonder why action movies almost always seem so formulaic and why every horror movie has the most predictable jump scares ever? This right here is why. Rather than take risk with original ideas these people only know how to "do what works" which leads to basically a lot of interesting ideas remaining unfulfilled and artist becoming stifled. AKA the" STOP BEING SO WEIRD MIYAZAKI" phase. https://66.media.tumblr.com/7af05baa760431f5610a90ee8ac72da3/tumblr_phlgwpDeFa1rvlxxwo1_1280.jpg "uhh well Bob thats a great robot design and all but thats almost too alien like! according to our data its harder for people to self-insert and connect with non-humanoids...and we gotta make sure this designs a hit! ahhhh thats much better Bob! I knew you could do it!" and likewise in League https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/3/31/Kai%27Sa_Insights_03.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180318033302 "wow THATs the void hunter? well she sure looks the part but uh... how will the people playing her know that she's actually a hot girl beneath that? yeah yeah integrity and all that but BOB! look man... we gotta put food on the table and this year was kinda bad.. this characters GOTTA be a hit and the DATA SHOWS that people prefer the females champions to be totally hot ya know with cleavage and a midriff and a super pretty face! like the rest of our female champs! so how about you redesign things a bit aaaaaannnd. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/6/6b/Kai%27Sa_concept_08.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180220192643 PERFECT! great work Bob! that new design TOTALLY just screams " I look like a corrupted monster that people are afraid of" Thats definately on-par with the same mutations Jax,Malz and Kassadin suffered great work! 7. So anyways once the above starts happening the game starts to decline in quality much to the obliviousness of everyone else. They will amount it to a bunch of other things like "shelf life" or people "moving on" (I guess Smash Bro's Melee is just a freak case huh?). Anything but their own incompetence. Of course cant be our fault! we are using DATA!! Science and MATH to give people exactly what they (should) want twenty times over!! How could we possibly be in the wrong? M..maybe we just need to switch genre to a Battlegrounds shooter! o..or maybe we make a card game! HEY! p..people like Marvel right? I always hear people talking about the marvel movies? maybe we get some of the THEM on-board! yeah! that'll get us back afloat! So now the company is slowly deteriorating and people are scrambling to figure out why, the nematode businessmen are finishing up their latest venture and the "OG 5" or whoever is left basically sit on their mound of cash probably with a solemn look wondering if it was worth it all. Trading one dream for another. https://youtu.be/cLoytewvn0g
> [{quoted}](name=La Bello,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6Md307AB,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-19T22:59:36.847+0000) > > they didnt move to china. Tencent just acquired a massive portion of their shares years and years ago and LoL is basically one of their "top earners" for the longest time before other younger games came along. > what befell league was literally the same trap that befalls almost EVERY form of insanely popular media > https://youtu.be/fuZ6ypueK8M > http://fhif.wikia.com/wiki/Cookie_Dough > > the truemadcap idea guys behind original league all moved on or took a backseat. In thier place are just a bunch of soulless bean counters and "statisticians" . People who make sure that the game is PROFITABLE first and foremost even at the cost of fun. People who rather than having talent instead rely on cold hard math and algorithms to guide the way. Like the lifespan goes like this > > 1.A couple dudes surviving off hot pocket's in a basement come up with a lightning in a bottle idea > 2. said product is hyper popular and takes off the country is taken by storm of its sheer originality and awesomness > > 3. corporate suites and various share holders smell blood in the water. the "Original 5" or whatever are approached with an offer no sane person would refuse $$$ > > 4. First comes expansion. Companies will begin rapidly expanding. to incorporate more workers and whatnot to keep the game running smoothly Instead of having one guy madcapping a bunch of different things you now have "teams" dedicated to almost every individual aspect of your product. This leads to a LOT of bureaucratic tape being set up and a ton of channels that makes communicating a mess. > > 5. Then the "original 5" or whatever leave. either they take a backseat to everything basically just becoming a worthless company figurehead puppet or they take thier slice of the cake and move on to make other products/games. Either way they are no longer influencing the product > > 6. with the "OG 5" no longer at the reigns of course jobs start falling to other people. But not just any people as natural talent "subjective" and companies want something thats OBJECTIVE. THis is basically where almost every product or medium goes to shit because that means that companies are going to start brining in "bean counters" or statisticians. These people are the absolute worst of the worst because they've completely forgotten important human aspects like basic empathy or emotions and only know how to look at the cold.hard.numbers. This leads to basically nothing more than soulless trend copying. "Our data shows that games that used the lootbox system saw a 14% increase in income sir" , "Sir that design might be a bit too alien for our audiences. According to these charts/graphs/studies humans would rather play as totally hot anime warrior women or a testosterone oozing warrior with big sword than an eldritch shade from beyond the stars . We recommend corrective action be taken and the art teams base new skins off this instead". Ever wondered why so many kid's cartoon nowadays rely on "Butt" jokes or gross out humor instead of competent writing? Ever wonder why action movies almost always seem so formulaic and why every horror movie has the most predictable jump scares ever? This right here is why. Rather than take risk with original ideas these people only know how to "do what works" which leads to basically a lot of interesting ideas remaining unfulfilled and artist becoming stifled. AKA the" STOP BEING SO WEIRD MIYAZAKI" phase. > > > https://66.media.tumblr.com/7af05baa760431f5610a90ee8ac72da3/tumblr_phlgwpDeFa1rvlxxwo1_1280.jpg "uhh well Bob thats a great robot design and all but thats almost too alien like! according to our data its harder for people to self-insert and connect with non-humanoids...and we gotta make sure this designs a hit! ahhhh thats much better Bob! I knew you could do it!" > > and likewise in League > > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/3/31/Kai%27Sa_Insights_03.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180318033302 "wow THATs the void hunter? well she sure looks the part but uh... how will the people playing her know that she's actually a hot girl beneath that? yeah yeah integrity and all that but BOB! look man... we gotta put food on the table and this year was kinda bad.. this characters GOTTA be a hit and the DATA SHOWS that people prefer the females champions to be totally hot ya know with cleavage and a midriff and a super pretty face! like the rest of our female champs! so how about you redesign things a bit aaaaaannnd. > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/6/6b/Kai%27Sa_concept_08.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180220192643 > > PERFECT! great work Bob! that new design TOTALLY just screams " I look like a corrupted monster that people are afraid of" Thats definately on-par with the same mutations Jax,Malz and Kassadin suffered great work! > > 7. So anyways once the above starts happening the game starts to decline in quality much to the obliviousness of everyone else. They will amount it to a bunch of other things like "shelf life" or people "moving on" (I guess Smash Bro's Melee is just a freak case huh?). Anything but their own incompetence. Of course cant be our fault! we are using DATA!! Science and MATH to give people exactly what they (should) want twenty times over!! How could we possibly be in the wrong? M..maybe we just need to switch genre to a Battlegrounds shooter! o..or maybe we make a card game! HEY! p..people like Marvel right? I always hear people talking about the marvel movies? maybe we get some of the THEM on-board! yeah! that'll get us back afloat! > > So now the company is slowly deteriorating and people are scrambling to figure out why, the nematode businessmen are finishing up their latest venture and the "OG 5" or whoever is left basically sit on their mound of cash probably with a solemn look wondering if it was worth it all. Trading one dream for another. > > https://youtu.be/cLoytewvn0g That might be one of the factor or happen on a particular case but that's not the main reason. Everyone that has knowledge in marketing knows that the top will never stay in one spot because people will always improve and come on with new ideas. Just like the fall of Samsung and such. The idea of one company to be on top forever is dumb cause new competitors will come up (fortnight). Although currently league is still a popular game. League will just become like SC2, WOW, etc because of marketing reasons. Just like the gresting fighter of all time, does he get to stay on top forever? But there's a particular case where that doesn't apply such as Floyd, that's because he could adapt to any fighting styles very quick and is very flexible. For league to be on top forever like people in the boards want, league has to evolve and adapt more, instead of staying the same. However this contradict the boards right? Since everyone wants to go back to season 3 or 4 or 5 or even 1.
: Will Riot ever admit that runes reforged is a complete failure?
I remember back in season 7 when I as a new player needed to buy rune page to actually play rank. I was very thankful for the new rune reforge, it keeps the game fair for new players. (Don't forget we need to buy champions as well)
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Éve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iHE0TMLu,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-12-18T23:51:46.437+0000) > > Ah, the classic nostalgia argument. It's not like they spent the entirety of season 8 on the runes or anything right? Because anything new that Riot puts out must be better than what they had before right? When did I say that? When and where in my post did I say that? My point is that no one ever has the hubris when it comes to things like this. People act like the old system was perfect even through all the years of people complaining about them being paywalls, all the times when an exact rune set was most meta, about which runes where the best and how besides some specific fine tuning most builds ended up with AD/AS/AP reds, armor yellows, MR blues, and then variety in quinns, or the newer players who complained about how unfair of an advantage that veterans had over them because of it, how people whined about how they hated that runes were just stat sticks and did nothing to actively modify the game because it was boring. I just want for ONCE when people say "Oh, I want this old thing back." to remember WHY they changed the old thing. What came after might not be better or worst, but at least take a moment to think before baselessly QQing like this place always does then refuses to acknowledge the thing to come WHEN they get what they ask for.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iHE0TMLu,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T23:55:24.096+0000) > > When did I say that? When and where in my post did I say that? My point is that no one ever has the hubris when it comes to things like this. People act like the old system was perfect even through all the years of people complaining about them being paywalls, all the times when an exact rune set was most meta, about which runes where the best and how besides some specific fine tuning most builds ended up with AD/AS/AP reds, armor yellows, MR blues, and then variety in quinns, or the newer players who complained about how unfair of an advantage that veterans had over them because of it, how people whined about how they hated that runes were just stat sticks and did nothing to actively modify the game because it was boring. > > I just want for ONCE when people say "Oh, I want this old thing back." to remember WHY they changed the old thing. What came after might not be better or worst, but at least take a moment to think before baselessly QQing like this place always does then refuses to acknowledge the thing to come WHEN they get what they ask for. My man I solute you for being neutral and non-biased.
Hao53 (NA)
: Hey all I want your honest opinion...
> [{quoted}](name=Hao53,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3hhdE5sy,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-18T22:56:34.603+0000) > > So I've been thing about this for a long time now and it's been bugging me more than ever > > Is League of Legends still worth playing/Should I play it again? > > I used to love hopping on and play a couple games on the rift with my friends enjoyed every part of it since they made it more enjoyable and I loved playing alongside them. I miss league a lot and still watch many streamers and go on the boards many times everyday. I quit not because it was unenjoyable (Well, it was a bit frustrating at times), but because I lacked time. As I mentioned earlier, I go on the boards a lot but see nothing but complaints about Neeko, Akali, Irelia, etc. My friends want me to continue playing with them and I do as the holidays are coming. Nexus blitz looks really fun and my friends are telling me how great it is but I never got around to coming back simply because I didn't want to and because I still lack time. In the coming break, I will have time but I'm not sure if League is worth playing because of all the complaints I see. > > Thanks you for reading and hope you have a Happy Holiday! {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} Hey man I just started league at the end of season 7. TBH league is very very very fun to play regardless the state of the game. The best thing to do is just try it out yourself and watch some stream from high elo if you wanna get more in depth. Most of the people in boards will always complain bro, so don't listen to them too much. League is one of the most popular game so come back on the rift brother. Join the fun.
GigglesO (NA)
: I was just told "adapt or leave" when they made tank stats shit for all non tanks. I was also told adapt or leave for the new runes. I was told adapt or leave when they added shit to the game that isn't very fun (duskblade, stormrazors). So what I was saying is I guess its just that time of the year to shout "adapt or leave"
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-18T16:30:11.089+0000) > > I was just told "adapt or leave" when they made tank stats shit for all non tanks. I was also told adapt or leave for the new runes. I was told adapt or leave when they added shit to the game that isn't very fun (duskblade, stormrazors). > > So what I was saying is I guess its just that time of the year to shout "adapt or leave" For the record I didn't say for u to leave but if you want to then sure. I'm just giving reason why you should adapt. The game isn't revolve around you. Now you want to keep complaining about the game 24/7 despite riot will not do anything (it's what they want and it seems you can not change them) or you accept it and move on.
: There is no better example because **ADC players do not want to play mages in botlane**. Those stats are from mains who figured out that its much easier to beat ADC's in lane than mages and fighters and scale uncontested. Again, because you don't see it in your ranked games, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. {{champion:51}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:429}} are literal garbage with winrates from 45-48%. If that isn't too weak, then what is.
> [{quoted}](name=Buzzkillington0,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=000400020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T10:14:12.372+0000) > > There is no better example because **ADC players do not want to play mages in botlane**. > Those stats are from mains who figured out that its much easier to beat ADC's in lane than mages and fighters and scale uncontested. > Again, because you don't see it in your ranked games, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. > {{champion:51}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:429}} are literal garbage with winrates from 45-48%. If that isn't too weak, then what is. Brother you mean to tell me that pros and plat players won't abuse the meta and get free elo? Man that's tough to swallow for me.
: Mages have definitely come botlane lmao. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not happening. "supports" {{champion:143}} {{champion:63}} And right after 8.11 we had {{champion:74}} and double mage bots. Even right now, {{champion:30}} and {{champion:74}} have 52%+ winrates in plat+ (lolalytics)
> [{quoted}](name=Buzzkillington0,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=0004000200000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T07:41:31.815+0000) > > Mages have definitely come botlane lmao. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not happening. > "supports" {{champion:143}} {{champion:63}} > And right after 8.11 we had {{champion:74}} and double mage bots. Even right now, {{champion:30}} and {{champion:74}} have 52%+ winrates in plat+ (lolalytics) Bro we're talking about adc not support. Those two support exist in botlane before the adc nerf. I don't agree, Karthus and Heim is viable in all lane, not just boy lane (karthus has more play in MiD and top than bot, even in jungle). The problem I have here is adc complain about their champ being too weak when in reality most of the game right now has adc. So the example you give me don't really persuade me at all. Give me a better reason and I'll surely change my mind (cause I adapt ofcourse).
: > [{quoted}](name=MiD Enforcer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-17T22:47:55.135+0000) > > I don't get why adc main complain about Mage taking over boy lane. HELLO??? MIDLANER?? There's bruiser (axxtrox), tank (Gallio), Mage, assassin, diver, etc. Why do you only want ADC to be in botlane? Where does it says that only adc can be not lane???? > Jesus Chris! Adapt and be more flexible. we can have more roles in the botlane! that would be rad! just make adc's viable in other lanes too, its only fair.
> [{quoted}](name=AugustHeatHaze,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-12-18T06:07:20.704+0000) > > we can have more roles in the botlane! that would be rad! just make adc's viable in other lanes too, its only fair. Luciano is viable in all lane but I mean he's balance now.
Heos00 (NA)
: Lucian is balanced outside of the adc role (compared to the top 5 S+ tier of the other 4 lanes and obviously op when compared to the others A tier weak adc champions), if they nerf him then adc role should be just deleted lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=Heos00,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-12-18T06:52:33.253+0000) > > Lucian is balanced outside of the adc role (compared to the top 5 S+ tier of the other 4 lanes and obviously op when compared to the others A tier weak adc champions), if they nerf him then adc role should be just deleted lmao. Luciano is viable MiD and Top. He looks balance. I mean he can beat irrellia but that's ok I guess.
Heos00 (NA)
: It doesn't have sense, there's only a very small amount of players that plays random stuff at botlane because adc's suck, isn't going to change that easily since riot fomented to play exclusively adc's on botlane through many years. I don't know why you would kill the 97% of the ''bot lane role'' player base just to satisfy that 3% that doesn't even care about the role and just play mages on bot for the memes and also you'r killing the ''RPG'' tag, before, this was an RPG with defined tasks on the team (support, tank, fighter/assassin, mage and a marksman), now seems like riot just wants everyone to play whatever they want and turn LoL an starter rpg game into a full blood moon event game where there's only oneshoots and everyone can be an assassin but without the low cd on respawn.
> [{quoted}](name=Heos00,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2018-12-18T07:03:54.686+0000) > > It doesn't have sense, there's only a very small amount of players that plays random stuff at botlane because adc's suck, isn't going to change that easily since riot fomented to play exclusively adc's on botlane through many years. > I don't know why you would kill the 97% of the ''bot lane role'' player base just to satisfy that 3% that doesn't even care about the role and just play mages on bot for the memes and also you'r killing the ''RPG'' tag, before, this was an RPG with defined tasks on the team (support, tank, fighter/assassin, mage and a marksman), now seems like riot just wants everyone to play whatever they want and turn LoL an starter rpg game into a full blood moon event game where there's only oneshoots and everyone can be an assassin but without the low cd on respawn. Clearly you are missing my point. Mage has not over come boy lane yet otherwise i will see it in my rank games.
GigglesO (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MiD Enforcer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-17T22:47:55.135+0000) > > Adapt and be more flexible. LOL, time to circle jerk the "Adapt or leave" comments that everyone else keeps circulating every time I say things like. I wish armor had value again.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9Xwfl7zM,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-18T04:56:47.005+0000) > > LOL, time to circle jerk the "Adapt or leave" comments that everyone else keeps circulating every time I say things like. I wish armor had value again. The way you improve is to adapt. You don't get it do you? Just like life, adapt to the situations. Don't stuck one place. Just like science.
: Why not...instead of buffing every ADC in the game and make them toxic, nerf lucain?
I don't get why adc main complain about Mage taking over boy lane. HELLO??? MIDLANER?? There's bruiser (axxtrox), tank (Gallio), Mage, assassin, diver, etc. Why do you only want ADC to be in botlane? Where does it says that only adc can be not lane???? Jesus Chris! Adapt and be more flexible.
GigglesO (NA)
: Positioning is harder than instantly dashing to the enemy and killing them though. Positioning is harder than being able to hit a button and instantly reduce damage taken by half. Positioning is harder than having an execute tied to a dash, that lets you dash to more targets if you kill them.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GJENtAeW,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-17T00:37:15.059+0000) > > Positioning is harder than instantly dashing to the enemy and killing them though. > > Positioning is harder than being able to hit a button and instantly reduce damage taken by half. > > Positioning is harder than having an execute tied to a dash, that lets you dash to more targets if you kill them. Who says champions with dash don't need to position thenselves? Kat, zed, Yasuo will all get blown up if they engage the first team fight. There's a reason why those champion are mechanically intensive. Champion who has simple kit is very very easy to use like Garen, Annie, Nunu, Rammus. If you wanna climb to platinum or low diamond quickly then used those.
rujitra (NA)
: New players aren't going to be higher skill that bronze in the first place. Period. Even with the level 30 barrier to ranked play, the skill gap between new players and veterans of even just a season is quite large.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pEFOFFBF,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-14T02:58:33.557+0000) > > New players aren't going to be higher skill that bronze in the first place. Period. Even with the level 30 barrier to ranked play, the skill gap between new players and veterans of even just a season is quite large. Nah I was silver two when I first started rank which was at the end of season 7. Yea new players can even reach gold if they have past MOBA experience.
Zezilian (EUNE)
: How many players knows what "macro" is ?
It took me 3 weeks to get gold in sc2 (a friend of mine even get to platinum after his first placement games) and took me a year to get platinum in league. Yes you can even get to platinum by just knowing what to build in SC2.
: The problem I see with Riot wanting shorter average game times
I find it hard to believe that he game no longer take stretegy. Do you guys even honestly play the game to say something like that?
Haze97 (EUW)
: I would post the link to a hentai site if it were allowed but the boards don't allow for lolicon majority content on here.
> [{quoted}](name=Haze97,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=00040000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-27T21:55:55.259+0000) > > I would post the link to a hentai site if it were allowed but the boards don't allow for lolicon majority content on here. What type of statistic is that? Alright I'm done with you. Good bye Mr stranger on the internet that have no clue what evidence is. Also this is why im pointing out how BS this is.
cabbysb (NA)
: There is hardly any strategy in this game anymore
I'm having successs playing TF in plat 2. Sooo I don't know where this "no stretegy" come from.
: If you're not upset about it why have you come back so many times to continue the conversation/argument? If you're not offended it's fine, leave it to the people they're talking about to get offended, no need to get upset for them.
> [{quoted}](name=Beast Brawler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=00040000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T14:07:56.294+0000) > > If you're not upset about it why have you come back so many times to continue the conversation/argument? If you're not offended it's fine, leave it to the people they're talking about to get offended, no need to get upset for them. I'm pointing out my opinion? That's what boards are for? You're jumping into conclusions and you're not my boss. Like I said stop replying to me if you wanna shut me up. For you're information I'm more of a conservative but that doesn't mean I can't point things out if it's right or wrong. This "obivious facts" is more of "opinion". Where does statistic says that Koreans or Chinese love childish things more than others? Give me a good source, not some random ass blog site. This is racist because there's no evidence to back up.
Haze97 (EUW)
: I couldn't care less about what the definition of a 'conservative' in your country is or why you mention Ben Shapiro here ( a man nobody in my country bothers searching about), but this isn't racism. If you see racism in obvious facts then you're just an sjw. The cyber cafe scene is indeed huge in China and the fact that the shorter timings help promote their playstyle may not entirely be wrong. Now if you think the OP saying Asians are dynamic, colorful, childish, epileptic stuff, it isn't harmful. That's the same as saying Indians love spicy food or that Americans love guns. Yeah if you find either of those racist then there's a problem with how you view statistics.
> [{quoted}](name=Haze97,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=000400000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T22:16:17.977+0000) > > I couldn't care less about what the definition of a 'conservative' in your country is or why you mention Ben Shapiro here ( a man nobody in my country bothers searching about), but this isn't racism. If you see racism in obvious facts then you're just an sjw. The cyber cafe scene is indeed huge in China and the fact that the shorter timings help promote their playstyle may not entirely be wrong. > > Now if you think the OP saying Asians are dynamic, colorful, childish, epileptic stuff, it isn't harmful. That's the same as saying Indians love spicy food or that Americans love guns. Yeah if you find either of those racist then there's a problem with how you view statistics. give me a statistic that says most asians love childish and colourful stuffs than other race. Show me those facts. I'll agree with you if you give me the source. (again I don't find it offensive, like I said, but this can be classify as racism). Just because I see this post as racism, doesn't mean Im a SJW, don't put words in my mouth Mr Haze97.
: >"leave muh politic alone!!!" >"stop acting like a tough guy conservative" in the next sentence. For you,intelligence must be an unhappy accident. I think you need to leave the thread
> [{quoted}](name=Brandono99,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=000400000000000100000001,timestamp=2018-11-27T07:45:27.011+0000) > > For you,intelligence must be an unhappy accident. I think you need to leave the thread don't know what you're on about. I said to leave politic alone on a gaming forum. He mention SJW, so I assume he's trying to insult someone for being SJW. I think you need to stop replying to me.
Haze97 (EUW)
: Tose tons of lolicon hentai agree with what op's saying. If you think you're being done sort of a White knight by trying to erase racism then goodluck on your journey. The way OP explains how prominent the cafe gaming scene is in China isn't inaccurate and the scene wasn't very different in India till a few years ago. If you're gonna pull the racism card then enjoy feeling better able yourself. It takes an sjw to see the racism/sexism behind everything.
> [{quoted}](name=Haze97,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=0004000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-26T21:34:31.777+0000) > > Tose tons of lolicon hentai agree with what op's saying. If you think you're being done sort of a White knight by trying to erase racism then goodluck on your journey. > > The way OP explains how prominent the cafe gaming scene is in China isn't inaccurate and the scene wasn't very different in India till a few years ago. If you're gonna pull the racism card then enjoy feeling better able yourself. It takes an sjw to see the racism/sexism behind everything. Dude I’m a fan of Ben Shapiro but leave politic alone. Just because someone pointing out it’s racist, doesn’t mean they’re buthurt. Stop acting like a tough guy conservative, ur not who you think you are. I don’t get offended by this because it’s not true but this is racist.
Fegone (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MiD Enforcer,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ef4sXQcc,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-09-05T00:03:41.845+0000) > > There's tons of job applications for female only in Engineering. How the fuck does no one complain that except for the gaming community? No there's not. A company cannot -by law- open a position only available to females. Unless it's something specific like a strip club, where equal opportunity laws don't apply. But especially in Engineering, no company can do that. There's workshops specifically for females, yes. But at the same time there are equal workshops open for everyone. Riot's BS event was not. It was only open for females, and to males they said: "Well Fuck you go home."
> [{quoted}](name=Fegone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ef4sXQcc,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2018-09-05T05:01:39.524+0000) > > No there's not. > A company cannot -by law- open a position only available to females. > Unless it's something specific like a strip club, where equal opportunity laws don't apply. > > But especially in Engineering, no company can do that. > There's workshops specifically for females, yes. But at the same time there are equal workshops open for everyone. > Riot's BS event was not. It was only open for females, and to males they said: "Well Fuck you go home." Man it was one pax and for 4 hours. The resume application is "only for female" to give more opportunity for them. I'm not talking about that sexist guy working at riot. I'm talking about what the company is trying to do base on the article. And there are no workshop only for males just to give u some info. Also, mate can you just apply your resume online instead of relying on that PAX thing? I don't understand that. Just research what are the criteria riots wants and put ur resume online when there's availability.
Fegone (NA)
: Imagine there was a workshop at PAX for MEN ONLY.....
There's tons of job applications for female only in Engineering. How the fuck does no one complain that except for the gaming community?
: > [{quoted}](name=Répôrt My ADC,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-03T20:03:12.238+0000) > > I agree with the idea that a large chunk of women didn't go _strictly because_ men were barred from entry until 2:30. > > Personally, FROM MY EXPERIENCE (and the other women I interact with), We enjoy bringing our friends to places we feel passionate about (wow who knew, normal human thinking) and if I went and I heard that my male friends cant come with me and have to wait outside, I'd rather just leave and find something fun _everyone_ can attend. > {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} I'm not buying that. If you can't be responsible job-seeking adult enough to attend a job fair on your own, you probably don't need to be there. I feel like the mature people can find something else to do for a part of the day. Really if you don't understand the need for such venues, you probably aren't a good fit anyway. ; )
> [{quoted}](name=Dope Solo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B6p9exYo,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-09-03T20:05:19.633+0000) > > I'm not buying that. If you can't be responsible job-seeking adult enough to attend a job fair on your own, you probably don't need to be there. I feel like the mature people can find something else to do for a part of the day. Really if you don't understand the need for such venues, you probably aren't a good fit anyway. ; ) In the beginning I'm actually agree with the boards on this due to the tweet the riot employees made. But now after taking a step back and identify what the company is trying to do, I think the tweet by riot employees were misleading. In the engineering industry such as civil, there are opportunities for women only job advertised because of the amount of males and they try to promote females into the industry. Personally, I'm actually fine with PAX because it does happens in other industry and a lot of people actually support it. I think the boards took it too far and need to look at outside of what other industries are doing. Just from my perspective as an engineer.
Atlªs (NA)
: the reason why mobile champions are more "fun" is because there are fewer consequences for errors
It's so sad that not only is the logic is dumb but the fact that 66 people thump up is even more depressing. Fuck this I'm out, boards are full of people who complain and don't even play that much to understand the game.
Show more

MiD Enforcer

Level 197 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion