5050BS (NA)
: The heals are HUGE too. Like Soraka big.
That heal is pretty small-moderate. Athenes makes it big though.
: > [{quoted}](name=IUsedToPlayJinx,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p8gqm5FU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-29T15:48:56.586+0000) > > And now its time for utility champs to be no counterplay cancer in bot. {{champion:412}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:25}}{{champion:81}} {{champion:18}} can {{champion:51}} buffer jump?
Nope, a Caitlyn definitely cannot buffer jump. That thing gets cancelled from the slightest bit of hard CC and causes you to travel 0 units away while putting it on cooldown.
: Who are your top 2 champs per position? Please comment
Top: {{champion:78}} {{champion:10}} ({{champion:92}}) Mid: {{champion:142}} {{champion:518}} ({{champion:99}}) Jungle: {{champion:113}} {{champion:28}} ADC: {{champion:51}} {{champion:21}} Support: {{champion:350}} {{champion:25}} ({{champion:37}})
: The problem is not CT’s champions alone. The problem is any champion that is overloaded. I love playing as and against Jax because he is simple to understand but can also have a high skill cap. His abilities are easy to understand, they don’t have 15 things in each one, but they have a lot of room for outplay built into them. Then you take a look at someone like new kayle who just gets pretty much everything, she gets aoe ranged true damage autos, a heal, a speed up, and ult that gives her invulnerability that also does a ton of damage and a slow that also does a crap ton of damage.
Out of everything you listed on the new Kayle, the only thing that was added was true damage autos... which imo are kinda overrated.
: I always thought Morg was in a good spot, aside from her Q hitbox being too big. Her ultimate could always be made more reliable with Rylais, which synergized with her W anyways.
Her ult slow and Rylais slow are literally the same value. Since slow don't stack, Rylai is kinda a waste.
0Hawke (NA)
: Put caitlyn back. Right now
You mean that almost unnoticeable 50 dmg buff that is towards one of the easiest to counter ability in the game? Don't notice it. Also, its her ult, not her "Headshot". Like I know most people here have a Caitlyn hate boner but jeez. calm down as she pretty much did the same before the buff.
Saezio (EUNE)
: I have a semi cool idea. that will let good yas players and punish bad ones. What if the wall blocked only in 1 direction _BUT_ whenever you dash through it as yasuo the direction changes. Would need more skill to use at least I think
Don't really see the point of this. If you dash through it, you are already blocking things that goes to you. Also, the animation would be jarring.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Karma's Old Identity on Hew New Kit (Healthy Compromise)
Fine with everything except > even give her the ability to grant mana back to allies otherwise, good~
: What time is URF coming?
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l4WH0ghT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-20T22:48:47.303+0000) > > I still don't consider "kill someone very quickly" to be a design role that needs to be a class's entire and sole function. A champion can kill people fast but when it's the only thing that they really justify themselves by then that champion is probably not well-made. > > Akali is a big step up because she has a clear advantage versus champs with targeted damage who have to wait until she destealths to try and counter-attack her compared to skillshot spammers who don't have to let up on their offense at all when fighting her. I wouldn't say she's perfect but she's easily the best foundation for an assassin kit so far. CertainlyT has a good track record of reinvigorating struggling classes - he gave us Yasuo, the first truly _functioning_ melee ADC that's more than a heap of steroids slapped together, and now we have Akali. Imagine a CT juggernaut...or a CT enchanter.
> enchanter Riot still makes those?
Moody P (NA)
: I still don't consider "kill someone very quickly" to be a design role that needs to be a class's entire and sole function. A champion can kill people fast but when it's the only thing that they really justify themselves by then that champion is probably not well-made. Akali is a big step up because she has a clear advantage versus champs with targeted damage who have to wait until she destealths to try and counter-attack her compared to skillshot spammers who don't have to let up on their offense at all when fighting her. I wouldn't say she's perfect but she's easily the best foundation for an assassin kit so far. CertainlyT has a good track record of reinvigorating struggling classes - he gave us Yasuo, the first truly _functioning_ melee ADC that's more than a heap of steroids slapped together, and now we have Akali.
Even though I hate most CT champs (because of my own bias), I feel like the only champ he messed up on was {{champion:429}}
: About assassins
Good argument about to be downvoted because you're talking about Akali being a good design which is against the boards and the fact that you're Chip... {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Phieldworker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2taUEdJe,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-01-20T19:02:15.439+0000) > > In all of my games I’ve probably been caught by a cait trap unknowingly 10 times. Every time I’ve stepped on it was because I wanted to or the cait was pretty skilled and did the E W combo. Seems less "skill" to me and more "exploiting a bug".
Psyrix (NA)
: It does do damage, it’s just bugged rn. And is actually a huge buff if u do it correctly... currently you can’t stack the w passive from tower hits, however if u prepare the stacks on minions and have the passive ready in the next auto you can perma proc it on tower. Most games the bug is in effect, however there are a few where it’s working as intended (thus you can’t perma proc it, and isntead proc it every three autos)
That doesn't actually do extra damage from my experience... It just shows the animation
WoOxêr (EUW)
: As far as I remember Caitlyn headshot doesn't work on turrets.
It does, it has been since end of season 7 I believe.
: Caitlyn was op for a long time and wasn't nerfed until a couple patches after the pulsefire skin
She was gutted on the patch of the skin's release (or was it the patch after... if it was, her skin was released so late into the patch (like the last 3 days) that it might as well be the next patch)
: Can they at least make the entire champion pool available, like they did in Nexus Blitz?
They did. Ryze, Sona, Karthus and Teemo were re-enabled. *Edit: NVM you meant unlocking all champions.
Vesarixx (NA)
: Guess I missed the patch notes for that, looks like it was a while ago, was a pretty dumb thing to add in the first place so glad it's gone, the base AD is less of an issue but it would still be nice if they could remove it.
They're removing it and giving her more base ad. I think also more AS Scaling. However her E will be halved against monsters (for good reasons honestly)
Vesarixx (NA)
: Kalista top stopped being good when they made that change where she needs her soulbound nearby to get a normal amount of attack speed.
Didn't they remove that? They are also removing the AD from W so she is even more independent.
Moody P (NA)
: because unlike other enchanters hers isn't point and click
: Also, I was informed by a technician that it's a bug in the new ranked system.
Nice to know! It makes sense, otherwise there'd be challengers smurfing in Iron.
: So now, correct me if I'm wrong, I have to climb through iron, then through all of bronze, and then through all of silver after competing with mid gold tier and winning? That makes zero sense.
Well yes, but you'll most likely skip divisions and earn an overwhelmingly high amounts of LP after a win.
: Just to reiterate, I won 8 out of 8. Didn't lost a single time.
It doesn't matter from the accounts I saw, if it is your first season they seem to always place you in Iron regardless. I know people that are fighting diamonds but are in iron. It is a bit stupid
: Ranked Placements. Iron 1 after winning 8/8 or 100% of my placement matches.
If this is your first season playing ranked, then it seems like Riot has developed an algorithm to place people in Iron. (could be wrong)
darkdill (NA)
: Is Reksai supposed to be underpowered because of the devs not wanting her to be played?
: > [{quoted}](name=PhantomSpirit101,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AMXWImvp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-01T06:09:50.658+0000) > > Saying as if Riot's ego will allow them to revert something until it has become a problem for 2 years. {{champion:43}}
If only they gave her even 3% of the care they give to their golden children {{champion:81}} {{champion:157}} etc. They also going to push through on a half assed mini-rework that many people disagreed with and argued against but hey, this is Karma and Riot don't give 2 sh*ts about her.
: Ranked Flex Promo for Plat 1 with a Bronze 2
They try their absolute hardest to make League climbing experience hell for you by trying to forcefully shove 50% win rate at you.
SS1986 (NA)
: Nerf magic and armor pen
{{item:3147}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3071}} Brings you from 150 to around 46... What a huge exaggeration that is.
: Please revert Taliyah.
Saying as if Riot's ego will allow them to revert something until it has become a problem for 2 years.
AjXtar (EUW)
: Why does Lucian and Thresh deserve to be in almost every game
Xavanic (NA)
: Can I suggest a change to Shyvana?
30% increased max health... That'd be hard to balance
Nullstar (NA)
: Why delete the champ when there's many many many many ways to win vs her in and out of lane. Like just ITEMS theres; {{item:3111}} {{item:3140}} both of which are super cheap, then don't forget you can literally counter her for free by taking cleanse. So really, instead of making a post because you can't manage to play vs a champion, try building against that champion, I assume thats what this post is for at least.
Did you just talk about counters against the people that complain on boards about a champion? UNBELIEVABLE!
: > [{quoted}](name=artcrime2999,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IAFwEZhd,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-27T01:37:02.395+0000) > > Sona does too much to do so much damage. And she does it all with one button press. No thinking, not much counter play Oh noes! That 200 damage at max rank Q with a 50% ap ratio is so much! If she is using the full use of her Q she needs to actually think on whether or not the enemy is able to jump on her or not since she will blow up if that's the case. If you are unable to engage on her or just focus on her when she tries to Q + auto you then you will lose every single trade. In other words, playing passively against a Sona does nothing but empower her
160* dmg Max
: > [{quoted}](name=PhantomSpirit101,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f3huGVQ0,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-25T10:13:41.784+0000) > > As I said, I hate Zed, I'm sure we can agree on that, I just don't agree with your judgement on his balance. > > You mentioned his WR being 49% which IMO is alright for a champion with what.. 11% pick rate? Because lets say Riven who is a controversial topic to talk about, has a 53% winrate at 15% pick rate in Plat+ even though she is generally agreed upon to be a high skill cap champion. She contains this WR due to the mains that have like 400 games on Riven dragging her WR high (stats were shown by Blaustoise). > > Shouldn't this be the same for Zed? I believe very few people would first time pick Zed in a Plat/Diamond Game. That should theoretically mean that his WR should be - like Riven's - dragged up to around like 51-52% by his mains. However, the statistics you provided shows against that as his WR and PR is lower. > > Lets also talk about the low elo statistics, where obviously there is probably more first time Zeds. However you also have to take into account that many low elo players struggle to play against Zed as they simply don't understand how his kit works. Zed has a higher PR in Low because he works better there. Like all assassins, he capitalizes on mistakes, which low elo players tend to show. So even if you are generally new to Zed, if you know the basics you could theoretically work with him. This explains his slightly higher WR as well as the higher BR + PR. > > Furthermore, Zed is a kind of champion that is just like Yasuo in terms of BR. People don't want to fight one, so they will be banned regardless of their balance. Just like Akali as you've mentioned. > > High PR does NOT correlate to a low WR (take example Vayne and Riven (both of which I wouldn't call *Broken* rn)). There are always experienced players to boost the WR higher. Also if you were to call Zed's WR high then so would many other champions like Lee Sin. Who I wouldn't call broken either. 49% WR is not high whatsoever IMO. > > Idk why I am even arguing for Zed. I hate him and I would definitely flip my sh*t if he got buffed but honestly he isn't that strong. > > I guess thanks for taking your time to read this. 49% WR for Zed is historically high for Zed and in pretty much every situation in the past seasons where he went over 47% he was a problem for the game and then nerfed. 49% WR for a champion that can do so much in the right hands is a bit high. I can't even think of a champion harder to play then zed(not even yasuo) yet he is seeing success with even low skilled players. That is definitely a problem.
Garen is harder ;) Jokes aside, I do *personally* feel like Riven and Akali is harder. Edit: I don't really know the win rates for Zed that well, I just don't really bother looking at win rates much when it isn't necessary.
: Thanks for taking your time to write that. I do agree with you, I mostly pointed out the most used arguments by the boards. I don't really hate him in particular other than his way too safe laning phase. But then again, many here are hypocrites, claiming 1 thing in 1 thread, then another somewhere else. My most favorites are: - "High elo shouldn't be taken into consideration, especially when a champion is weak in general play just to be good there, but if a champion is strong in normal play and weak in high elo, it needs buffs because it's weak in high elo" - "You can't dodge every CC skill shot the enemy throws at you, it will eventually hit, but you're a noob if you let Zed hit you with his Q, you can dodge everyone of them" - The Zed part is from someone who commented on my Zed thread. - "Akali needs to be able to be outplayed, punished and defeated by anyone you place versus her, that's counter play" followed by the same guy, a Zed main reponding to a Vlad main: "Zed should always go at least even in his bad match-ups, he relies on snowballing, so he should have the tools to stay safe and get the ball rolling" - That's from an Akali thread made by someone in the G+ boards. And many more, but you get the point.
I see... I do agree that there are quite a few people that argue like that and it generally makes me laugh, so I do understand where your point is coming from. Some of the points you showed there are kind of humorous though :) {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Sadly that is what humans are like. They generally want to defend the things they enjoy. I do that too, I can't deny it. Thank you for being kind and patient. I'm sure I may have made a mistake or two in my arguments but I'm glad you aren't rude about it. {{sticker:katarina-love}}
: Well, mediocre compared to what? He is considered a high skill cap champion, right? Well, there's a problem with that from what the stats show. His winrate in Bronze and Iron is 49.5% at a 15% pick rate, and just for a future reference, his banrate is 46% there, while in Diamond, he has 49% wr as well, just 11.% pr and just close to 30% br, that kinda doesn't show "mediocre champion" to me. Now, considering a few things, let's analize the situation: - High skill cap champions with high playrate should should have quite the low winrate considering they are hard to master. 10%+ pr depending on rank is a decently high amount considering between 3 and 5% is what everyone agrees to be a healthy pr, so his wr is quite high for his pr. - High pr should also corelate to low wr because more people 1st time the champ, but again, Zed's winrate isn't low, it's actually high for his pr. - This last thing is coming from the boards, not my own opinion, but accordion to the boards, high ban rates deflate winrate because said champion is only played against champions that can deal with him easier, so if that's true, then Zed is quite strong. The boards made that ban statement towards Akali who has like a 43% wr with a decently high ban rate, yet people still cried she was overpowered, so Zed having both high pickrate, high winrate for his pickrate, and high ban rate should actually show that he's strong, not mediocre.
As I said, I hate Zed, I'm sure we can agree on that, I just don't agree with your judgement on his balance. You mentioned his WR being 49% which IMO is alright for a champion with what.. 11% pick rate? Because lets say Riven who is a controversial topic to talk about, has a 53% winrate at 15% pick rate in Plat+ even though she is generally agreed upon to be a high skill cap champion. She contains this WR due to the mains that have like 400 games on Riven dragging her WR high (stats were shown by Blaustoise). Shouldn't this be the same for Zed? I believe very few people would first time pick Zed in a Plat/Diamond Game. That should theoretically mean that his WR should be - like Riven's - dragged up to around like 51-52% by his mains. However, the statistics you provided shows against that as his WR and PR is lower. Lets also talk about the low elo statistics, where obviously there is probably more first time Zeds. However you also have to take into account that many low elo players struggle to play against Zed as they simply don't understand how his kit works. Zed has a higher PR in Low because he works better there. Like all assassins, he capitalizes on mistakes, which low elo players tend to show. So even if you are generally new to Zed, if you know the basics you could theoretically work with him. This explains his slightly higher WR as well as the higher BR + PR. Furthermore, Zed is a kind of champion that is just like Yasuo in terms of BR. People don't want to fight one, so they will be banned regardless of their balance. Just like Akali as you've mentioned. High PR does NOT correlate to a low WR (take example Vayne and Riven (both of which I wouldn't call *Broken* rn)). There are always experienced players to boost the WR higher. Also if you were to call Zed's WR high then so would many other champions like Lee Sin. Who I wouldn't call broken either. 49% WR is not high whatsoever IMO. Idk why I am even arguing for Zed. I hate him and I would definitely flip my sh*t if he got buffed but honestly he isn't that strong. I guess thanks for taking your time to read this.
: When I talked about nerfs, it was a joke, afterall, Pyke's not Lee nor Zed. Depending on how things in the future will go, he may get a few more nerfs.
I can only hope. Putting an assassin in bot lane was never gonna work out. Especially when his kit is unbelievably overloaded. Lee has a secret passive of being immune to nerfs as he can't see them Zed honestly (I despise him) isn't *that* good. I'd even go to say he is mediocre
Krynnˉ (NA)
: Don't even rework it, just bring back old Fervor, that's all us Conqueror using champion players want, we want our old keystone back. Balance it accordingly but it's alot easier to balance flat AD then it is to balance true damage.
Too bad Riot don't want tanks in the game {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: You misspelled Zed in the title. As for Pyke, right now his issue might be the numbers being a bit overtoned, but that's easily fixed if necesarely, afterall, Riot did start to nerf him because he was too good in other lanes, so if that still persists, he will get another nerf, and it's surprising to see an AD champ take direct nerfs and is not Kalista.
{{champion:51}} {{item:3070}}{{champion:18}} Also I don't really think Pyke will be nerfed since Riot loves him and has tried to justify him coming back to full hp with the fact that you can one shot him... (absolute bs)
: In my experience it has a 100% winrate because at least one person on any team has it.
{{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Is this a joke? I'm too tired to tell honestly. If at least one person has one on each team that means it wouldn't be 100% as one team would lose... ????????????????
: What was league like, when it was in it's most "balanced" state?
Just from what I remember: - Building Resistances mattered - Tanks were... tanking things - Marksperson didn't die in 1 hit to everything - Less dashes - Less CC (that can't be cleansed) - Winning Lane =/= Winning Game - Games rarely ended at 20 mins - Off-Meta picks were more supported - Assassins had to use their entire kit - Old runes (cries) - Games weren't determined if one of your lane loses - My old Sejuani - Bot lane wasn't a sh*tfest - Cared about playerbase - Actually tried to balance their game - Ignite didn't 1/3 health you - Teleport wasn't trash - Riot didn't try their best to remove all forms of suitability and sustain - Fights lasted generally around 10 to even 30/40 seconds - Getting Caught =/= Death - Important cooldown required to kill someone (unless fed) - (I'd say) Less snowball - Less pro play nightmare champions - Not so much true damage flying around Some of these weren't serious answers (I do want my old sej back though) Feel free to correct me on this as my memory was basically erased from all the brainwashing riot did with adding so much damage. Edit: As others have said, this question leads to very biased answers as people enjoy different times. I enjoyed S5 + S6.
: So, Riot decided to drastically reduce damage and revert runes reforged....
: Is sejuani even playable these days?
Rioter Comments
: The main problem I have with hook champ is their hitbox is bigger at the end because reasons.
"Because it is generally more satisfying to land a hook than missing one" said one rioter that I forgot the name of
saltran (EUW)
: Yeah, Hashinshin is just a whiny adc main crying for buffs.
> Hashinshin is just a whiny adc main I hate this guy. I do sometimes respect his plays, HOWEVER this is one of the most stupid assumptions ever made.
: Originally extreme mobility was limited by lower end damage. That was working as intended. Well, they fired Morello and Guinsoo.
: Why do the highest mobility champions also have the most damage?
MUH FLASHY PLAYS {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Show more

PhantomSpirit101

Level 239 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion