Moody P (NA)
: Kled now counters champions that were meant to counter him
Kled's a good champ but nowhere remotely close to what this thread is trying to paint him as, Kled had and still has some of the worst counter match ups in League, makes me sick honestly seeing threads like these get an upvote.
: Rest in Peace, Tahm Kench
Acquired taste in heaven little frog {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: > [{quoted}](name=GayFluffyUnicorn,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5MHnw0ou,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-25T02:28:29.439+0000) > > No vlad? Are u fuckin trolling right now? > > Ah mb i'm on the boards. Ofc you are trolling. > > > "virtually the only mages" > > Leaves out ryze, leaves out vlad, leaves out kennen. Or how about cassio or how about sylas (who would be picked if not banned for some whatever bug). > Viktor is there too. > > Oh how about karthus? Should i go on? > > Literally most toplane matchups are mage vs mage and midlane the same. NOONE PICKS MAGES. THEY ARE SO WEAK. LOOK NO ANNIE IN PROPLAY. Vlad has not seen a single pick in current LCS. Top lane has been roughly Sion/Aatrox/Urgot/Poppy and midlane has virtually all been Lissandra/LB/Zoe/Syndra with the occasional Oriana. Sylas is not a fucking mage; next you're gonna tell me Diana is some mage.
> [{quoted}](name=Crescent Dusk,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5MHnw0ou,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-25T02:36:33.681+0000) > > Vlad has not seen a single pick in current LCS. Top lane has been roughly Sion/Aatrox/Urgot/Poppy and midlane has virtually all been Lissandra/LB/Zoe/Syndra with the occasional Oriana. > > Sylas is not a fucking mage; next you're gonna tell me Diana is some mage. Please stop, you're actually using misinformation, You clearly don't watch the LCS, this split alone i've also seen Ryze, Cassieopia, Kennen, and yes I have seen Swain. Now stop arguing your point because its actually based on lies. Hell Bjergsen played ZIlean literally last night. Multiple pro teams in Korea and NA have definitely played vladimir. The fact that you make these claims and assert your own version of the facts without actually taking a minute to look it up and state this argument is complete and utter nonsense.
: Forcing a team to Dodge should be bannable.
Agreed threatening to grief, throw and troll should be a punishable offense. Have too many of these where they push you into this stupid ultimatum because they didn't like the outcome of champ select where you sacrifice LP and get leaver buster or you risk getting trolled in the game and losing more options and MMR.
: > [{quoted}](name=Astrovert,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p76qcNsv,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-03-17T21:59:19.427+0000) > > Everything you need to know about League > > Watch a pro play game, announcer says "i just consider Zoe totally broken right now". "Watch as she can literally hold back an entire team". > > When things are so broken even the announcers cant cover for it anymore. Games from last year don't count. Veigar is a bigger threat than her half the time and honestly has a way stronger kit in general
> [{quoted}](name=MankeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p76qcNsv,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-03-17T22:25:46.732+0000) > > Games from last year don't count. > Veigar is a bigger threat than her half the time and honestly has a way stronger kit in general Hell no. Zoe's effective range makes her so much more dangerous than veiger. While veiger E works as a good zoning tool, Zoe's sleepy trouble bubble travels through terrain and she can pick up sumonner spells in combat to use against the enemy.
: New Iron Inquisitor Kayle Feedback
Her wings are missing that dark crimson hue that I originally loved about the skin. :c
: Riot writers, what do you have against the "usual" good guys?
Because good and evil are tools to tell a story from the perspective of a hero, having more complex villains allows you to tell the villains story as well as give them proper motivation for their actions, rather than simply be driven to destroy, kill or maim just for the sake of being evil. For example, Saren from Mass effect. He was a villain right to the end, however he believed that the reapers would be virtually unstoppable and reasoned that the only way for sapient life to exist would be to serve them rather than be obliterated unfortunately this belief was erroneously pushed onto him via indoctrination from the reapers nevertheless he was a villain with a motivation and a purpose giving him a proper place in the narrative than just being the final bad guy. Now I'm saying good and evil is bad, its not really in any way. A hero facing extreme evil against impossible odds, demonstrating unspeakable and incredible valor for the greater good is indeed a compelling story but rarely does that. The more evil the villain the greater the hero. Just as how Darth Vader being this intimidating, monstrous killer who commanded an entire army was an adversary for Luke Skywalker in the original star wars trilogy.
: Hard disagree. He was the original villain. He was the ultimate evil guy. Then his story developed over two sequel movies, where he ultimately tried to atone for what he had done. Then loads more stories built out the depth. Then the prequels, etc etc. So. Was Darth Vader good or evil? Discuss.
The better question might be, was anakin truly evil or was he a victim of circumstances that drove him to commit the acts he did while being manipulated. Darth Vader very much is the villain, his very identity was cruel, merciless and indiscriminate in those he killed for even small offenses.
: Think about this statement in reverse, and you'll understand how the rest of us have felt for like the last year. Having god-awful champions loose on the rift ruins the game for the rest of the player base.
What is the reverse exactly? Having good champions? Or are we just going out on a limb to pretend that having these 3 champions suddenly make other champions compeltely non optional in solo queue?
BigFBear (EUW)
: Because it's better when a champ is unplayable in a specific Elo than a champ is hardcore op in a specific Elo. Also: Ofc you balance a game around pro play! This is so obvious I don't even know where to start. If you start playing a game normally your goal is to get better. But why should you if the game gets worse and more unbalanced the better you get and the higher you climb?? It's YOU who have to learn and improve to get better at the game, not the game that has to adapt to your skill. Imagine they would adapt the rules of CHESS to the skill of beginners: **"Uhhhh the Knight is so complicated! I don't understand it. I can't play with him. He is so weak on my skill level. Can't you just make him like the Queen??"** {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
Wrong boards, this belongs in the memes and games section because you cannot be serious comparing a 1v1 standardized game to a 5v5 real time game that requires actual coordination between 5 people. In chess pro play is the same game with the only difference being skill level, In League its a completely different game in the pro scene.
AZ Frost (NA)
: Can i get my points back from Aatrox to spend elsewhere? Since he's unplayable now and all...
I wish I could refund all the skins. None of them are even worth the essence anymore since the champion is virtually unplayable.
xAcidik (NA)
: Balancing Around Pro Play Sucks For Us
It's honestly atrocious that champions ever get put into a state where they aren't just weak but actually unplayable.
SirEnds (NA)
: I couldn't have said it better myself
> [{quoted}](name=SirEnds,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EcgjaEB9,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-02-06T18:09:22.881+0000) > > I couldn't have said it better myself Not to mention most people won't be precise enough to be in position to use Q between Es with the 2.75 second delay because the remaining 1.25 seconds is too small of a window, all the while your opponents cooldowns are just coming out. Furthermore during aatrox's ultimate each second has to count and having time delay using your Q will not only be more awkward and clunky but counterintuitive to how his ultimate should be used. Riots perception of meaningful strengths and weaknesses leaves it so that aatrox only has weaknesses to exploit and no real positive strengths.
: > [{quoted}](name=Requiemsfire,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rZFhTtOY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-07T04:01:13.785+0000) > > It looks cheap It's $70 but is on sale for half that. I don't know what an expensive set is on account of never owning one, but I have a turtle beach I got many years ago that should probably be replaced.
One of my favourite brands personally is Hyperx from my experience has made some really really good quality headsets for their price. I have a hyper X cloud one of their earlier models, has good sound quality, good microphone, its comfortable to use and surprisingly durable.
: Official Iceborn Headsets?
SirEnds (NA)
: About Aatrox's Change in Patch 9.3 and what my Opinion is on it
yep just to give people a quick idea, at max rank his new E will have a 5 second cool down, and with 45% CDR he has 2.75 seconds which of course requires the inspiration tree. If you do go inspiration tree you are sacrificing potential damage and durability for a tree that doesn't do a whole lot for aatrox and brings him down a little further. Now what does removing a stack of E really do for aatrox, well it prevents him being able to effectively to land an additional Q multiple times and while he may be able to E more often inside a fight he doesn't really get the same option. Another thing to note is that his Q like riven's times out after 4 seconds so if you really want to hold out for your second E to time out you have to very fast because you only have a window of 1.25 seconds to activate it at best time and keep in mind this is purely level 13+ with capped CDR so odds are in laning phase you won't even be able to use it a second time before Q times out very easily. Aatrox will still be able to poke fine in lane but his all in's just turn horrible because of how easy it is to evade his Q and now that his E basically has a lockout timer its like all his match ups basically just got warped. It doesn't help that you can basically walk out aatrox's W with no mobility spells or summoners for that matter.
: Patch 9.3 notes
This is hot garbage, its not okay to leave champions practically garbage tier on purpose, it ruins the game, it ruins the fun people have with these champions and it forces an unhealthy meta where champions are left uncontested because their natural counters aren't even playable. Aatrox will absolutely struggle, he's a champion who is now even further confined to a poke role with his all in being completely neutered.
: The aatrox problem
Aatrox was one of my favourite champions to play ever since his launch and now that he's literally unplayable its rather upsetting. It's honestly disgusting that champions get treated this way at all and that includes akali, sure lets just completely gut this champion until we come up with some way to buff them. And no not being fun to play against is not why he was nerfed, there are literally dozens of champions that are in no way shape or form fun to play against.
: PBE 9.3 Aatrox Changes + Other ("Small Rant")
If that E change goes through half of Aatrox's kit is pretty much gutted, it'll be so hard to trade in laning phase, and landing a second Q would be virtually impossible provided your opponent doesn't spontaneously suffer a stroke. with 40% CDR and maxed out E he'll have a lock out time of 3 seconds at minimum between E's while his Q times out after 4 seconds giving you a total of 1 second window to use it provided your opponent hasn't already escaped your range or killed you straight up. Be like wow that HP regen and extra HP per level will totally help when he basically isn't a champion.
: The drakes are roughly equal in power, and there's rarely a team with more than one champion that can't really use one of an element. They add a bit of strategic randomness. You can't go into the game planned around it, instead you have to adapt to the situation as it comes. It's a different kind of strategy, determining whether or not you need to contest that kind of drake in the first place or whether you have an answer to the enemy team getting it. RNG? Yes. But it's not RNG that removes strategy at all, rather it forces the creation of new strategy.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kfLw63TE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-28T03:31:17.240+0000) > > The drakes are roughly equal in power, and there's rarely a team with more than one champion that can't really use one of an element. > > They add a bit of strategic randomness. You can't go into the game planned around it, instead you have to adapt to the situation as it comes. It's a different kind of strategy, determining whether or not you need to contest that kind of drake in the first place or whether you have an answer to the enemy team getting it. > > RNG? Yes. But it's not RNG that removes strategy at all, rather it forces the creation of new strategy. To the first point drakes aren't equal in power, no where near, Inferno drake is still insanely stronger than the other 3 in sheer stats, Earth drake is fairly good, ocean drakes only good up to 10 minutes, and the cloud drake you kind of need multiple to make it really worthwhile. The creation of the new strategy is partly to weigh in whether or not drake is worthwhile over just pushing lanes.
: Am I the only one who doesn't understand the reason Pyke is getting lethality scaling?
they wanna discourage his slightly tankier support build in favour of a raw assassin like glass cannon
Rioter Comments
Jøker (NA)
: Champions that do damage without building it (lots of damage)
When it comes to fairness {{champion:126}} immediately springs to mind,
: stop talking winrates at worlds
i would say that worlds is more of a qualitative sample since its in a controlled environment that also showcases the peak of what teams can achieve as oppose to the chaotic nature of solo queue where you should take more quantitative samples. So I do actually think worlds or just pro play in general is valid evidence for measuring how strong a champion is.
: In the recent Competitive Ruling, why in the world is Uzi not suspended for what he did?
Shernfire from Direwolves got suspended from 2 worlds games and a $2,000 fine for exhibiting toxicity, uzi should be held in the same standard,
: Trueshot, An Ezreal mains thoughts on the updates
My personal opinion, maybe its just from being used to old ezreal, but I find Ezreal's new voice and lines a bit jarring by comparison to the older. Look if anyone tells you that a person or company shouldn't be criticized because they have the right to do what they want, those people who say crap like that should frankly shut up because I in fact do have the right to express my opinion on here same as anyone else so I don't think you should ever have to explain to people who honestly think like that it and I absolutely don't think that it should require them to not have the right to do what they're doing before it can 'criticized'.
: This is Ridiculous... Same champs picked/banned across LCK, LPL, NA...
{{champion:51}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:113}} just some champions who've popped up over the last few months, The reality is its normal for the pro meta to become stagnant at this time of the year with worlds around the corner, and every team competing for their ticket, but often the Worlds meta changes by itself. Either way I don't watch worlds to see a pro player simply pick a certain champion.
: I'm conflicted about continuing to play LoL when all of this PAX conflict has occurred - what do??
: love Dom
> [{quoted}](name=BrightWîngs,realm=NA,application-id=EBBIvmVK,discussion-id=AF44IJT7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-05T11:28:11.049+0000) > > love Dom Good stream, good cause, {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
: The Annie Buff
Annie is balanced around her ability range which is relatively short compared to other mages, on top of that she lacks any form of mobility and lacks options, she's still good in the chaos of team fights or for getting a good initiation, the aa range gives her some extra ability to harass(especially as support) or farm better which I think is really good overall in bring in this champion some love especially since a lot of midlaners completely outrange her or have tools to mitigate her damage enough to make it difficult to trade back.
: Garen, the "easiest champion", should not be allowed to be meta
Garen's not something I would describe as a meta pick,
: Could you please stop with all those Lores built around "VENGEANCE" ?
{{champion:111}} has been retconned {{champion:63}} is now seeking the world runes solely for their power and the ability to command magic, not vengeance, {{champion:98}} does not seek nor is motivated purely by revenge, he seeks to restore balance to the point where he was aided by {{champion:238}} to find {{champion:202}}
: So blatant sexism against men now at riot.
The thing is both the player base and staff, are predominantly male, this is more about Riot wanting to reach out to what is basically the minority. It's not like Riot is gonna try and change the gender of its playerbase.
: Just want to chime in that while the data is still early and hot coming off the presses, that small as buff netted him ~4% in the jungle (accounting for variance of +/- .5% either way as we get more sample size). One of the intents of giving him the AS is slowly moving him into the direction of being able to build more of a fighter and less of a dive bomb assassin. For him to be viable for the past while, he's needed to be able to 100-0 whatever target he picked via a relatively low counterplay combo. Pulling the upfront burst damage, but giving him the ability to deal more sustained damage hopefully sets him up for better builds, less binary viability, and fewer strictly feast or famine games.
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dfY8NPsZ,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T23:42:19.354+0000) > > Just want to chime in that while the data is still early and hot coming off the presses, that small as buff netted him ~4% in the jungle (accounting for variance of +/- .5% either way as we get more sample size). One of the intents of giving him the AS is slowly moving him into the direction of being able to build more of a fighter and less of a dive bomb assassin. For him to be viable for the past while, he's needed to be able to 100-0 whatever target he picked via a relatively low counterplay combo. Pulling the upfront burst damage, but giving him the ability to deal more sustained damage hopefully sets him up for better builds, less binary viability, and fewer strictly feast or famine games. The patch given to him, isn't going to change how he plays, all it really does is make his jungling slightly better as opposed to enhancing the duelist aspect of Wukong, its not like Riot had no idea for years to come that this is his playstyle, there's so many different ways they could handle this, Like why not just give him an actual passive, or whatever. Reduce cooldown with his Q , maybe make his clone do something? My bet, what's gonna happen, Wukong will just end up being forgotten by the balance team once again and fade into obscurity.
Madsin25 (NA)
: Wukong cant function in the game if he is not one shotting. Sorry your champions kit can't function in this meta without being an abomination.
> [{quoted}](name=Madsin25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dfY8NPsZ,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T06:08:42.277+0000) > > Wukong cant function in the game if he is not one shotting. > > Sorry your champions kit can't function in this meta without being an abomination. First off, I do not play Wukong but I do main toplane bruisers like Kled, like aatrox, like Gangplank. Second, there's more too it than just one shottting someone, because ya know against actually good opponents that's actually harder to do, never the less I do agree it is harder to react to Wukong when he's ahead. Honestly even at this period where he's supposedly strong, there are so many better champions to be playing than Wukong. The fact that the only compensation they give for gutting wukong is a small attack speed buff is downright insulting considering there are so many other ways they can balance the champion.
Madsin25 (NA)
: It's a product of how the game is right now. All about damage. He can either go in and one shot and actually be useful to the team, or if he can't do that he ends up dying and he is useless. Riot can lower the damage in the game and actually have skill expression instead of one shot or be one shot.
> [{quoted}](name=Madsin25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dfY8NPsZ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-08-29T02:52:28.622+0000) > > It's a product of how the game is right now. All about damage. > > He can either go in and one shot and actually be useful to the team, or if he can't do that he ends up dying and he is useless. > > Riot can lower the damage in the game and actually have skill expression instead of one shot or be one shot. No, it's a product of a person's decision, the state has nothing to do with the fact that Wukong's nerfs in general were so over the top,
: What's the point of assassin runes/ items nerfs if you also assign 'compensation buffs'?
I mean Wukong got absolutely gutted when they removed base damage and AD scaling from his Q, and then nerfed all the runes that he ever used, he's not a strong laning champion, he's not a strong lategame champion, all he really has going for him is some cheese, and that somewhat decent midgame power spike which isn't that amazing to say the least.
: Normals are too competitive
What's new? It doesn't matter if its ranked or not ranked, people hate losing, people hate setting up a match for victory only to have it all thrown away, its simply frustrating and this isn't something that's going to change anytime soon for any game mode.
: Yasuo's Ult is 30s (18s with CDR) because he cant use it on demand... Swain is waiting for a 45s Ult
I believe these champs were around before Yasuo was made, 1. {{champion:412}} {{champion:12}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:119}} and all had knock ups, correct me if I'm wrong,
: Stuttering and fps drops
My framerates have been garbage in random games as well, where I would usually range from 120-140, and then suddenly in the next game it dips as low as 6 frames per second????
: That feel when IWillDominate challenges Hashinshin to get challenger before the end of the season...
I mean one can argue that hashinshin is practically disproving his own arguments about how Top is weak by winning every single game,
JimqD (NA)
: You either have mobility or you get to watch the people with mobility play the game at your expense
{{champion:126}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:4}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:2}} Look at all these worthless immobile champions man,
: So for interest sake , i went and search how much Jinx's weapons weighed
Can we just talk about the level of sheer athleticism you require to fire a bow at the speed and accuracy that Ashe does?
: > [{quoted}](name=Jefftiffy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uGv6r6pZ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-23T06:54:19.596+0000) > > Yet he is 38th in win rate against 41 junglers according to op.gg User Error. > > All he has is Q damage and ult. I'm not sure what you mean by this? > You build some tank stats and he kind of just runs around like a blind man. Pun intended. Except all the pros are building him full armor pen. https://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/LeeSin > > Also you can displace him out of his Q making him lose about 40% of his damage. Yeah but you can displace anyone out of their dashes and they don't deal the same amount of damage as Lee's does. So what gives?
> https://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/LeeSin > > Except all the pros are building him full armor pen. Which pros? https://puu.sh/BiX23/2c8c356ca1.png
: Tell me an unpopular League opinion that will trigger everyone.
: I wish mages had more defensive items...
{{item:3027}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3116}} {{item:3040}} {{item:3001}} {{item:3102}} ???
: > [{quoted}](name=Requiemsfire,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zL14i6xz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-19T04:12:09.985+0000) > > But he has a completely different playstyle than Riven, Does he really though? A triple cast ccing q, a lockdown w, a dashing e, and a range enhancing r?
> [{quoted}](name=Hugh Muńgus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zL14i6xz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-19T04:14:43.172+0000) > > Does he really though? A triple cast ccing q, a lockdown w, a dashing e, and a range enhancing r? Well all of his Q's are skill shots with a delay on each of them, if you're quick on the finger with some movement speed you can acctually proactively dodge all of them, on top of that he can't exactly animation cancel any of his abilities so auto attack weaving is just out of the question, R doesn't enhance range at all, only gives him AD, movement speed and a revive, his W is like an unreliable ori ultimate that a lot of champions can just walk straight out of. It's not a very reliable spell.
: Riot's Balance Team's Thoughts When Reworking Aatrox
But he has a completely different playstyle than Riven,
: I don't mind offering you my lane, but don't be a bitch at me....
I just don't give up my main role, I'm happy to play any other role were i filled to another position but not the main role.
Show more

Requiemsfire

Level 210 (OCE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion